[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It doesn't bleed, we cannot kill it!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1448580944586.gif (915 KB, 200x161) Image search: [Google]
1448580944586.gif
915 KB, 200x161
Having some problems with necrons at the moment, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The cron list usually is:
Lord
Immortals x2 (gauss and tesla squads)
Sypder
Ark
2 cyptex in the immortal squads
Wraiths x3

He'll charge everything at me, keeping the spyder back with the ark; repairing and dropping blast templates.

I play:
CCS (MoO and banner)
2x vet squads with plasma
Leman Russ Executioner with plasma sponsons
Sentinel with plasma
Vendetta
Vindicare assasin

I'm forced to stay back and hug cover, there's little I can do. What can I buy or tactically do to beat his immortal/wraith cuntfucking army?
>>
>>44289786
>I don't know what I'm doing wrong
>playing 40K

there is your problem....
>>
>>44289786
What type of ark, destroyer or ghost. I main necrons all day every day.
>>
>>44289894
Doomsday Ark
>>
>>44289934
Can you loose the plasma spam? Excluding the vets. The sentinel should have a Las cannon and the Leman Russ should have the vanquisher cannon. The plasma sponsons are fine.
>>
>>44289990
hmm, maybe. The leman's plasma does kill a shite load of necrons if it hits though. Changing the plasma on the sentinel is a great idea though.
>>
>>44290058
The main point is that the immortals are weak and overpriced. Your vets can take care of them. However, the enemy Ark is the main problem, try to kill it quickly on first or second turn or it will ruin your day if he does it right. Honestly your opponent has a weaker list for necrons, as he has wasted his points on cryptex and spiders. If he was to be smart, he would have 10 man squads in ghost arks. The wraiths however are biased on luck primaraly, as I once held off 2 tactical marine squads and one devastator squad for 6 turns when they died. If you go in combat with them (dont) then try to escape and use the high strength weps to one shot on them. AP doesn't really matter either so the flashlights are fine on them. Immortals are fine except Gauss. You can kill them easily with plasma blasts and shots from the Leman Russ and vets. The sentinel should be used to kill the wraiths and spider once ark is gone.
>>
>>44290206
Also. I have never played with vindicares but for necrons with no specials they arn't the most useful thing.
>>
File: 1418053543879.jpg (75 KB, 720x663) Image search: [Google]
1418053543879.jpg
75 KB, 720x663
>>44290206
ma niggah, shall run this tomorrow. Thanks.
>>44290261
yeah he's a bit shit to be fair for 150pts
>>
>>44290302
Np, if you have extra points get good blast missiles for troops on the vendetta. The Las is great already vs ark and enemy. Cover is your ally, use it well.
>>
Get more battle cannons
Str8 AP3 is the sweat spot when it comes to attempting to murder necrons as str8 causes instant death (which reduces reanimation protocols by 1), and ap3 ignores 90% of the armor saves in the codex.
>>
Drop the MoO and banner give the unit 3x plasma and a medic.
Drop the sentinel altogether. Drop the vindicare.
take another leman Russ, demolisher if possible.
>>
>>44293179
Destroyers faggot.
>>
>>44289786
You can't do anything until GW stops hiring codex writers that actually play the game. The favoritism in the 7th ed dexes borders on insanity.
>>
>>44295477
Unless the D is a large blast you won't have enough hits for it to matter.
>>
>>44295828
it's pretty ridiculous. I'm an Eldar player, and I've refused to play since midway through 6th ed because of all the bullshit in my own codex
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.