[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one do you choose? What's your strategy for taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 27
File: Gifted.jpg (796 KB, 1730x1018) Image search: [Google]
Gifted.jpg
796 KB, 1730x1018
Which one do you choose? What's your strategy for taking over the world with your power?
>>
Super science of course. Just for fun.
In terms of taking over the world I'd just create rampant A.I and release it on the internet (bound to my whims). I'm sure it wouldn't be very hard after that point
>>
>>44289305
How would this take out the other users?
>>
>>44289193

Easy, Super Science.

It's the only one that improves the rest of humanity along side you and all of those ideas are still yours. Even if your name doesn't read President of Earth as the guy who developed interstellar travel, immortality and AI you might as well be.
>>
Usually I'd take magic but this version of Psionics is pretty cool.
>>
>>44289335

Why would you want to? There isn't anything in there that encourages it.
>>
>>44289193
Spirits. That just sounds like a super fun adventure.
>>
>>44289193
>Get symbiotes
>Find and eat people that have the other powers
>Now super-powered bio-suit welding psychic wizard-shaman with magi-tech
>>
>>44289402
Other people would want to take over the world. Also there'd be other super geniuses that'd trance the AI back to you, giving the world an excuse to hate you.

>>44289424
>>Find and eat people that have the other powers
You type this out as though it'd be easy.
>>
>>44289355
How would you take care of rogue users?
>>
>>44289515
In the early game it would be, judging from the descriptions, but it would be a long-haul type of plan for sure. I'd end up going full Sylar eventually, but the symbiote seems to offer outstanding healing abilities and seems geared towards stealth-assassination.

So first things first, hunt down some news of an up-and-coming brilliant entrepreneur, scientist of increasing fame, or local inventor with an astounding new patent. Arrive under the cover of darkness and determine what the best way to go about things should be. I just need to get into melee so honestly best bet would likely just be knocking on the door, but it's still risky due to super-intelligence and all. I would need to rush this to make sure to find him before he gets access to any serious hardware.

Essentially I find >>44289355
this guy when he just starts making headlines but before he becomes a major public figure.

Then eat him and loot his garage lab. Inevitably as he vanishes without even a body conspiracy theories go wild about government shady shit.

Now things are incredibly easy by comparison as not only to I gain his intellect, but the symbiote enhances it even further. I now use said stupidly high smarts to keikaku may way to the rest of the powers. The others will be more difficult to find due to them not needing resources, but I use my smarts to build and army of recon robots and flood the internet with bots and viruses designed to report possible leads, all while using multitudes of shell companies and hedge funds to amass wealth and slowly build my own villainous fortress somewhere horribly inhospitable while at the same time using my puppet companies to organize "recruiting" drives searching for other powered people.

The ki guy will be the most difficult by far, as he doesn't need to do anything overt to build strength, resulting in an inevitable shonen battle for the fate of the world. I assume he will be too stubborn for mind control and too dumb for diplomancy.
>>
>>44289982
You do realize it says 'temporarily' right? You have to keep taking users to maintain the power. Also what will you do against other symbiotes?
>>
>>44289424

Key word is temporary there.

>>44289515

Mine wasn't the rouge AI idea, seems like it would get out of hand too fast.

>>44289755

Well if they were truly rouge then I would try to form a coalition with the other Empowered and make sure the public knows and is on our side about it.
>>
>>44290137
The super science one isn't, since it can be learned, and the symbiote gains the knowledge of the consumed. That also leaves magic in a grey area, since it's also considered knowledge but can't be learned conventionally. Regardless, they are all working towards the same goal as me, and consuming them grants me their knowledge, which would include their own plans, contacts, resources, and other powered people they know of.

"Temporally" is also a really vague time frame that could range from seconds to years and anything in between.

Other symbiotes would probobly be the easiest to take out, since I'd already know all their weaknesses and would be able to plan for them.

The only thing preventing world domination in this scenario is other people with powers, and I assume they all have a similar goal. There can be only one, ect.
>>
I'm a motherfucking Apex Predator.
>>
>>44289982

That's a pretty fair idea. I'm not certain that it would work on most fa/tg/uys though, too much shadowrunning.

First thing I would do with my super intelligence is find a few of the theoretical problems that have been vexing scientists and solve them. Take this information over to Military Intelligence (I am already part of the service so this would be easier for me than most others) and it will get their attention enough that they'll afford you a short leash. Use that to get the funding, resources, and protection that you need and then there will be a tipping point you can start making demands of them, from there run wild.
>>
>>44289193
Psion.

I would practice mind control on animals, literally all the time. Practice... and wait.

Then I'd wait for one of the symbiote 'apex predator' power-hunters to show up to eat me, mind control the symbiote (and not the user), and have it forcibly disconnect from the user.

Then I'd have it eat the user, and bind with me. I'd keep it under psionic servitude constantly, until it's bonded enough with me that it'll obey me all the time.

Then wait for the next 'power hunter', and get their symbiote (And their symbiote's knowledge) as well...
>>
>tfw Kifag
>tfw just want to chill and get swole for eternity and watch things happen
>tfw everyone is trying to kill everyone

And here I thought I could just grab a beer and punch junkyard shit into the sun.
>>
>>44289193
Super Science. Lead Mankind to an age of glory, or at least one of reduced shittiness
>>
>>44290348

That seems like a sound interpretation but you probably wouldn't want to jump on the super science one first off as it is explicitly stated you need to do study and research to let the powers grow. Same for the Mage honestly.

My guess is that temporarily you'll be able to know, and understand, all the research and theories up to and including the alien tech. Over time though the leaps in logic and thinking will fade and it'll be like you have memorized a physics textbook or rather you've memorized a string theory study while only knowing high school physics yourself.
>>
>>44290772
Trying to take over an already super-intelligent symbiote when all you've been doing is mind-controlling animals won't work, Andrew.
>>
>>44289335
I'd basically become Batman and learn the weaknesses of the other powers and make something that exploits those weaknesses.
>>
>>44290910
Except it would. I wouldn't be doing shit to the user, I'd be doing shit to the symbiote itself, which is as smart as a trained dog.
>>
Super Science, so I could perfect the only true doctrine of scientific reason that's worth studying - Marxism-Leninism and the science of class conflict.

Excuse you, bourgeois pigs, but your genetics study lacks class character! Off to Siberia!
>>
>>44290956
Re-read the third sentence in the Symbiotes section.
>>
>>44289982
>news of an up-and-coming brilliant entrepreneur, scientist of increasing fame, or local inventor with an astounding new patent.
Here is your problem. Someone with that knowledge won't go full stupid and let himself be noticed. Even more knowing there are superbeings that want to haunt him.
>>
>>44290885

Jesus, I just realized you would be Flowers for Algernoning yourself repeatedly. That's a special version of hell.
>>
>>44289982
Just as I predicted.

>>44290836
You'd end up being the protagonist and I end up the villain. You kill me because my plots and growing ego get in the way of your chilling and training in your junk yard.

I'm fine with this.
>>
>>44291023
>says it multiplies the wearer's capabilities
>says nothing about modifying the symbiote itself

Okay.
>>
super science
secretly develop the virus that brings humanity to the brink of extinction
publicly develop the cure that saves it

its been done, but its a good idea
>>
>>44291111
You're trolling me, aren't you?

>the symbiote will gain all of their knowledge
>>
>>44291111
>While bonded to any user, the symbiote will gain all of their knowledge...

They fuse, thus the entire point of the symbiote. You target one you target the other.
>>
how the fuck does psionics give you immortality?
>>
>>44291175
What's stopping other super scientists from developing a cure first?
>>
>>44291175

There are also at least a handful of other super scientists, how do you know you wont be beaten to the cure?
>>
>>44291178
>>44291198
>knowing things means you are intelligent

Okay.
>>
>>44291207
Telekinesis is basically the ability to control all matter.
>>
File: Comfy.png (192 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
Comfy.png
192 KB, 409x409
>>44289193

>Ki
>Fuck off and live innawoods and train as a hermit.

Fuck taking over the world.
>>
>>44289193
Pick magic. Create my own pocket dimension where people don't age. Ward it against any other wizards who might try to pop in uninvited. Gather together a harem and fuck off to study and party for eternity while everyone else is fighting over the world. Occasionally scry on Earth and the rest of the universe to keep up to date on what's happening.
>>
>>44291441
This guy has it priorities in order.
>>
Ki, train for all eternity, and since psionics implies that we all have potential, in time id have that to through enough training.
Plus, get supa swole.
>>
>>44289193
I'm gonna take spirits.
They're already pissed as hell about mankind paving over forests and desecrating a shitload of nature, and probably none to happy about slaughterhouse animals being a thing.
So gathering all of the spirits to rally against mankind should be fairly easy.

With thousands of incorporeal allies watching for me, i never have to worry about the symbiote.
Rallying the spirits against superscience should be hella easy, since superscience is most likely to keep fucking up nature in their pursuits.
Psionic would be tough, but they would have to know the spirits are there to mindcontrol them, and telekinesis won't work on spirits at all. If it comes down to it, i could try making deals for plant control, could help.
Mage will be a dirty slut, and probably learn shit to fuck with my spirits. Try to gank early, or seek out POWERFUL ANCIENT SPIRITS for aid.
Ki will presumably be easy to find. That much life enegy will be a hugeass beacon for this shit. He may also be a bitch, so try to gank early too, before too strong.
>>
>>44291766
>train for all eternity

How will you handle >>44289305, >>44289982, >>44291441, and >>44291771 coming for your sweet Saiyan boipucci?
>>
>>44291771

Why so antagonistic?

Speaking as one of the guys who picked Super Science why assume that we would pave over nature. We've got SUPER Science, put an extra ounce of thought into it and we've got environmentally friendly options. Hell we might be able to help you fulfill some of your bargains.

>Approach ancient spirit of the Jungle
>Ask for power
>Ancient spirit is amused
>Gives you one month to help restore his jungle to former glory
>Pop off to super scientist friend
>Oh well shit son here are some fast growing trees
>???
>Profit
>>
>>44291934
True, but the goal is to take over the world, and this world ain't big enough for the two of us.
So, it might work, if you decide to colonize other planets and fuck off from earth.
>>
>>44292020

Well yeah, I've got access to Interstellar travel, shit man, you've got access to interstellar travel as long as you're not a dick to me. Use it to go talk to the primal spirit in control of some alien world.

We've also got access to infinite universes too, I am sure one of the scientists came up with that. It starts becomes a Rick and Morty situation, taking over the world doesn't matter anymore because there are a shit ton more just like it. Anybody with these powers has the chance to become immortal and just go fuck around.
>>
>>44292129
>Try to make a contract with an alien spirit
>"Bring me a sorthu"
>"whats a sorthu"
>"you will know it when you see it"
>??????
>>
>Superscience
Create some uber secure forum somewhere in the deepweb, spending a great deal of time perfecting the art of making myself a true ghost online before I reach out.
Use it to connect with other super scientists, announce that my goals are for the advancement of society; to work together to transcend humanity into a golden age, pool knowledge together, filtering advancements through pre-existing organisations; uploading and freely distributing where necessary. I'm fine with others taking credit. Stay off the grid.

Have humanity advance; trading speed of progress for safety - I have no quarrel with any other power-user. Quietly and purposefully lead humanity from behind the scenes.

Work for the betterment of the world. Continue being average joe in the meantime.
>>
>>44292209
That's when you need a magebro to cast a locating spell.
>>
>>44292276
ALL MAGES BELONG IN CAGES
>>
Does it mean that there will be other people with the same power you chose, or other people with ANY of the other powers?
>>
>>44292324
The second one.
>>
>>44292265
>>44292129
>>44291934
>>44290875
>>44289355
>That feel when science is bro tier.
Seriously guys; Scientists seem like the only group willing to actually work together for selfless goals. Anyone else wanna join in with secret deepweb shenanigans?
>>
>>44291929
Fly off world, suppress power level, beat the living shit out of them, strike a deal, anything man.
>>
>>44289193
Psionics because I have a mind control rape fetish.
>>
File: img000037.png (3 MB, 1720x1236) Image search: [Google]
img000037.png
3 MB, 1720x1236
>>44291929
Are you retarded? You'd handle them by punching them
>>
>>44292307
No, the cages are where I have the dancing women on my demiplane. I'm going for a retro theme this century.
>>
>>44291929
Also if the theory that i can gain orher powers potenially with enough time, spirits would also be a possibility, as i am a huge source of power.
>>
File: ughug.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ughug.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>44291771
>actually wanting to be indebted to someone/something

it's like you want to get fucked over

I'll be taking psionics for that sweet telepathy
>>
Idiots not picking ki so that you can eventually pick up all of the others, except maybe magic.
>>
>>44289193
Magic. I'll teleport right into super science guys super secure bunker and launch a fireball up his ass because I can.
>>
>>44292606
Do you really think you'll have the time?
>>
>>44292607
Sure. By this point I'm going to have uploaded my consciousness to the internet, sucks that you blew up my body though, I guess I'll just continue working on saving the world in the meantime - I won't even hold a grudge.

>do you even altruism brah?
>>
>>44289193
Ki.
I'd use passive training; essentially burning off my Ki supply with ever-increasing levels of !Kaioken, and maybe some fancy-pants techniques whenever I get bored.
>>
>>44289396
>>44289419
>>44289424
>>44289982
>>44290772
>>44290836
>>44291364
>>44291441
>>44291766
>>44291771
>>44292486
>not choosing super science
INFINTE ROBOTS
>>
>>44293096
>limiting yourself to the laws of reality
Your robots have nothing on my golems made of abstract concepts.
>>
>>44293191
>Golem made of headaches
>watching the world burn
>>
File: 1413206492e_vex.png (937 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1413206492e_vex.png
937 KB, 1366x768
>>44293191
>funky ass golems
vs
>robots that have made themselves a universal law
WhY fight
>>
>>44293306
>robots have made themselves a universal law

>mage proceeds to use concepts to create an anti-robot golem to directly counter your robots

It's magic against reality, magic kind of always wins. Because yours have to still be anchored to reality, but the mage's golems do not.
>>
>>44293414
Just because magic can do things outside of reality does not mean that things that obey reality are inherently weaker.
>>
>>44293284
Calm down, giga-stalin.
>>
>>44293454
True, but he can create things that are diametrically opposed to what you have. Matter and anti-matter. Except he can make his anti-matter not destroy itself in the process of destroying matter.
>>
File: original.jpg (120 KB, 792x467) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
120 KB, 792x467
>>44293414
>mage makes golems
>tfw science is now in phasespace
>tfw GRIDFIRE
>>
>>44293306
>WhY fight
I don't know about you, but as a wizard I don't need a reason other than "Because I can." Being immortal and bored is even more justification.
>>
>>44293524
>Except he can make his anti-matter not destroy itself in the process of destroying matter.

So what you are saying is that magic is incredibly overpowered?

Also, what prevents the super scientist from doing the same? The OP specifically states that the science that can be utilized may be different from that which scientists currently understand.
>>
>>44290836
Fellow kifag here

I too want to chill and get swole.
But then I want to do what Vegeta couldn't.
I want to beat the protagonist!
>>
>>44289193
Spirits.Start a religion through the use of my "miracles" as people see them and use religion as a catalyst to banish the false gods and pretty much christianity this bitch but the right way.
>>
>>44293636
But the science has to still retain its adherence to reality. Any time the scientist does something, the mage can look at it and simply think of the "-idea- of something opposite, but greater" and boom, he's got something that will tear it apart and maintain itself.

The scientist doesn't work with abstract, and the mage does. Abstract concepts worming their way into reality fucks everything up forever.
>>
>>44292585
>not wanting to be friends with spirits older than civilization, with secrets innumerable
They aren't all strictly deals, some just want a buddy
>>
>>44293710
Can I change my answer to super science? Cause I would love to take Nikola Tesla's work to its natural end and fucking free energy the world and shit.
>>
>>44293723
>But the science has to still retain its adherence to reality.

Right, but the problem with that is there are things that could be possible, with the right technology, but aren't seen as possible within our view of reality. The super scientist tosses that aside. He perfectly understands the laws of reality. With that, he could bend with the right tools. The fact he also understands alien technology and science is incredibly useful as well.
>>
>>44293841
I should note that I'm not really arguing against magic shitting on reality, because most of the time that's what would happen. I'm just exploring some possibilities with the super science route.
>>
>>44293871
To me, it's a quantity versus quality thing.
Wizards can easily beat technology in a one-on-one confrontation.
However, technology can be mass-produced on a scale impossible for magic.

Similarly, he most legendary archmages can't destroy all of a scientists' colony ships before they get out of range.
But no technological wonder can crush a clever wizard for good.

Stalemate.
>>
Superscience will inherently progress way fucking faster than mage. Mage has to research everything carefully, and has no int boost. Superscience has hella fuckin boost.

Basically, mage can do anything, but is slow and ultimately limited, and rituals are lengthy shit with bullshit materials often. Science has less overall potentiall, but still fucking massive potential, doesn't deal with rituals, and reaches their peak way way faster.
>>
>>44293986
The first thing any smart mage will do is make a personal world where he can study without worrying about intruders and getting immortality so he can work indefinitely. From there it's an easy step to time travel so he can go back and study from the beginning of time, or just making time pass differently in the personal dimension. You can have a dozen rituals prepared, so just make sure to always be ready to stop time and go back to your home where you can get ready for any problems you face.
>>
File: Machiavelli.jpg (18 KB, 312x393) Image search: [Google]
Machiavelli.jpg
18 KB, 312x393
>>44293793
Never trust your friends, they are the ones you must fear the most
>>
>>44294230
>implying it will be easy or remotely quick to find out how to make a pocket dimension
>implying you won't be ganked before you can manage to do so
>>
>>44294295
>implying you know anything about needing to kill some random NEET who spends all day in a basement reading
>>
>>44289193
Use Super-Science to make my own Symbiote, make the world a better place while wearing sweet shapeshifting outfit. I won't fight other users.
>>
>>44289193
Super Science or Symbiotes.

Except I wouldn't want to take over the world. Seems very stressful to do and to run.

If I went Super Science I'd just work for DARPA or one of the private space agencies, trying to keep out of the limelight.

On the other hand, Symbiotes would be fun. I'd just merc myself out to private contractors or be a super villain. Could I share the Symbiote with someone else? I've got a serious Bonnie & Clyde fantasy.
>>
>>44289305
Ever seen Summer Wars?
It's pretty much exactly what you just wrote, only without anyone holding the AI's leash
>>
File: Lain Intensifies.gif (370 KB, 438x300) Image search: [Google]
Lain Intensifies.gif
370 KB, 438x300
Super Science.
Bring about the singularity, transhumanism & a post-scarcity paradise.
Study the nature of quantum entanglement and string theories.
Harness the nature of Quantum Immortality.

Fuck ruling the world, when you're the goddess made manifest of the transhumanist reality such things become beneath you.
>>
>>44290772
What makes you assume that the first symbiote user you run into wouldn't have the intelligence to understand that eating a psion may not be the greatest idea. Assuming a symbiote user ingested a science bro first then they could probably foresee the plan you made and simply go about killing psions to remove such a threat. Your plan doesn't really hold water if you can't plant around the fact that the killer may not play ball.
>>
>>44289193
Super science. With my knowledge I devote myself to solving the Friendly AI problem, and bring a benevolent super-intelligence into the world. It will become smarter than I ever was, intelligent enought to give me a fool-proof strategy to bring about world-optimization.

>I'm not a robot

Not yet I'm not 4chan.
>>
Spirit, easily.
Commune for short term protection, finding easily swayed spirits to defend myself from other upstarts.

track down a spirit "in the know" of human spirits.
Find a spirit of each other class.
Allow them to live through me, with me being the dominant consciousness.
Use the Psionic to be my main attack stratagy akira style, Mage can figure out the darkest most arcane knowledge, Scientist can build a mechanical army to do my bidding. Ki users have one opportunity to surrender or be torn apart.
Symbiotes will be captured and science e wwill forcibly merge them with machines.

Needless to say, this will be a high-risk high-gain play.
>>
File: literally hitler.jpg (17 KB, 310x232) Image search: [Google]
literally hitler.jpg
17 KB, 310x232
>>44293284
>>
>>44289193
spirits

i'm going to help wandering, unsettled ghosts find peace and solve mysteries, help with exorcisms and hauntings and find a cute bumbling gf to help me with recording my findings and lateral thinking. she'll be the brains but i've got the talent and the salesmanship to get the contracts.

we'll scrape buy moving from small country town to sleepy riverside town to remote villages in forest glades having wacky adventures that are still slightly spoopy, drinking whiskey in abandoned haunted houses making friends with the residents. because no one will ever really buy into our schemes being legit, we'll never make a lot of money, but we'll be happy with each other and the knowledge that there is something in the afterlife before being brutally murdered by some dick-ass wizard
>>
>>44297736
>before being brutally murdered by some dick-ass wizard

Sounds like what you need is a symbiote-bro or ki-bro to accompany you on the road as the muscle to prevent that from happening. Preferably a symbiote since its user can potentially spoop the shit out of some of the more dickheaded spirits. [spoilers]Pls say you'll bring a symbiote-bro along. I'm so lonely ;_;[spoilers]
>>
>>44289193
I would choose Spirits.

Seek out any that just want my friendship, I will offer hugs for free. After that ask them to remain nearby as a favor to a friend so I could remain their friend and work to increase the affinity.

After that I'd ask my new friends of any Spirits they knew that wanted a friend or wanted me to get them something that was near my location in the real world.

The ones that want favors I will look for myself as I will pick and choose which ones I would do. The principals I would most likely not adhere to so I would tell them no unless it's oddly in tune with my lifestyle.

If I can actually get a gathering of Spirits for myself, and see them daily so I can increase my affinity I could easily become powerful. And while still unnoticed I could seek out some old god beings and see what I would have to do for them to give me some divine favor in the real world.
>>
File: Netero.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Netero.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>44289193
Ki sounds baller!

I'm in! I want to fucking train with my bros for life >>44290836, >>44291364, >>44291766 and >>44292774
>>
>Nobody picks Spirits
HIPPIE POWERS
STORMS EARTHQUAKES N' SHIT
>>
>>44289193
>some people will not answer Psionics
The world is a strange place.
>>
>>44289193
what is the sauce for the spirit picture?
>>
>>44298009
What's stopping other Spirit (or Magic) users from attacking you?
>>
>>44289193
Normally, for a fun story, I'd pick another, but either

>Super Science.
Develop Clinical Immortality, selectively grant certain people immortality without sharing what it is (make sure to develop an air of mysticism about it,) wait.

>Symbiote
Work in a retirement home/hospital, disposing of aging experts in every field, until I'm an expert in everything. Periodically eat some young frat-boy to stay young. Eventually, I win by default.
>>
>>44302311
Not him, but I assume being more of a bro to the spirits than your opponents means the spirits don't WANT to hit you, so they don't.
>>
>>44302553
>>Super Science.
>Develop Clinical Immortality, selectively grant certain people immortality without sharing what it is (make sure to develop an air of mysticism about it,) wait.
What about other Super Scientists doing the same? Or even other power users?

>>Symbiote
>Work in a retirement home/hospital, disposing of aging experts in every field, until I'm an expert in everything. Periodically eat some young frat-boy to stay young. Eventually, I win by default.
Congrats, every other power user is miles ahead of you in terms of power at that point.

>>44302586
Not all spirits are bros.
>>
>>44302586
>>44298009
>>44291771
Why are spirits viewed like pokemon. Nothing in their fluff hints that they need to be anywhere near you for you to be able to channel their power. And nothing says they'll be the ones using the powers in your stead.

More on topic, I choose Spirit and immerse myself in the spirit world and it's denizens. Also try to find a magic!bro and a science!bro and together try to come up with a unifying theory of everything ever.
>>
>>44302840
Nothing states that they directly give you power, either. Remember, collectively THEY have complete control over nature, not you.

Besides, spirits are presumably much faster at travelling than corporeals, since matter doesn't mean jack shit to them. Invisible phase servants to fight for you from across the world, essentially,
>>
>>44304253
At best they'll be your friends. How we go from there to a small army of spirit servants is what confuses me.

The fluff states that you can channel their power into the material world after a transaction has taken place. Whether it's a one time deal or pay-per-use is up in the air, or might depend on the spirit. The spirits that require a task of you seem like they'd offer you power with no further need to follow-up, and the only ones I'd stay away from are the ones that need adherence to certain principles so as to avoid paladin-falls scenarios.
>>
>>44304838
You wouldn't fight for your buddy? I would. I'd curbstomp fools for a buddy.
>>
File: Emperor_Great_Crusade.jpg (376 KB, 1090x717) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_Great_Crusade.jpg
376 KB, 1090x717
>>44292422
BROTHERS

WE MUST POOL OUR KNOWLEDGE IN THE NAME OF MANKIND, FOR ONLY BY OUR COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE CAN WE HOPE FOR MAN'S SURVIVAL IN THIS CRUEL UNIVERSE.

RALLY TO ME MY BROTHERS, LET US CREATE THE FINAL SOLUTION IN WHICH WE POUR OURSELVES INTO ONE BEING. FOR AS INDIVIDUALS WE MAY BE MIGHTY, NOTHING SHALL EVER THREATEN MAN AGAINST IF WE ARE TO BECOME ONE!

IN OUR FUSION, HOPE SHALL BE BORN! WE WILL LEAD MANKIND INTO THE FUTURE AND TO REALIZE HIS MANIFEST DESTINY TO CONTROL THE UNIVERSE!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>44302657
>What about other Super Scientists doing the same? Or even other power users?
Every other super scientist I've seen in this thread has been foolishly ambitious, and likely to self-destruct, or run into more powerful, but less immortal supers intent on their destruction. Slow and steady wins the race. All other powers, even Ki, eventually die.

>>44302657
>Congrats, every other power user is miles ahead of you in terms of power at that point.
Vandal Savage would like to have a word with you.
>>
File: 1416588366548.gif (559 KB, 400x276) Image search: [Google]
1416588366548.gif
559 KB, 400x276
>>44302657
>>Symbiote
>>Work in a retirement home/hospital, disposing of aging experts in every field, until I'm an expert in everything. Periodically eat some young frat-boy to stay young. Eventually, I win by default.
>Congrats, every other power user is miles ahead of you in terms of power at that point.

>Quietly gaining 80 years of experience every few weeks while all the other supers kill each other is somehow weak.
>>
>>44305733
Most supers in the DC universe aren't immortal as well.

>>44305854
You won't be the only one. How will you handle >>44291441 once he decides to actually not be useless?
>>
File: Dude 1.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dude 1.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
>>44305935
>Most supers in the DC universe aren't immortal as well.
Yes, and Vandal Savage eventually will win in the end, just so long as he waits long enough, and there are multiple story arcs revolving around "Vandal Savage won in the far future and we need to go back in time and stop him" and they are usually resolved with "fine, I'll just wait longer."

>>44305935
>You won't be the only one. How will you handle >>44291441 once he decides to actually not be useless?
Sounds like we'd get along swimmingly.
>>
Magic. Anyone who truly loved knowledge would chose magic over super science. Knowledge which is totally outside of the realm of normal human experience is what every mathematician secretly wants.
As far as what I would do if I had that knowledge? I don't know, because I couldn't even comprehend it at the moment.
I'd love to work with super scientists and see how close I could get them to understanding. I'd imagine it would be torture for them.
>>
>>44306965
Magic seems to be a trap option. For all its promises of near-limitless power, it offers neither natural talent with magical research nor increase mental capacities like Super-Science. I know many like to believe learning, researching and innovating magic is somehow much easier than doing the same for muggle science, but you'll be given the basics of magic and left to do the rest yourself without the accumulated knowledge of past wizards. You'll very likely be just as stumped by the crazy shit he tries to show you as he'll be by magic.

For those who pick Magic, their best chance is to band together to research and share the secrets of magic. Seeing as most here want to kill each other, 'cept the Ki!bros, we're gonna be left with a lot of dead loner mages who've barely scratched at the surface of their potential.
>>
>>44289355
What that guy said.

I choose Super-Science. Then I pass on as much of it as possible.
>>
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 1024x1638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263 KB, 1024x1638
>>44289193
NEW OPTION: Pick two to be your source of power. The remaining three options will be given to people you know and hate, who hate you back. If you don't hate anyone, it's just someone that hates you. If nobody hates you, it's the nearest misanthrope other than yourself or one of your friends. There will still be multiples of the powersets worldwide, but these ones are guaranteed to be close by.
>>
>>44307992
Two of any of these is too broken.
>>
Super Science
I will not take over the world
But I'll make it a better place.
I'll get a job working for NASA. Invent the warp drive, AI, sex robot. All the stuff we need.
Push the limits of science and technology to the point of utopia.
Go down in history as the greatest man who ever lived and brought humanity into a golden age.

Retire to a tropical island with my dog.
>>
>>44307992
Probably Ki and either Magic or Spirits; Ki protects me against most misfires/angry spirits and might be able to be used as a power source/bartering token.
>>
>>44289193
>Which one do you choose?
Psionics.
I lack the patience and discipline for magic and super-science, and you couldn't pay me enough to risk binding myself to spirits (like I could trust them).

>What's your strategy for taking over the world with your power?
Taking over the world? The fuck would I care for something like that?
I'd just sustain myself by winning at casinos (discreetly, lest I get noticed), perhaps a wee bit of theft, and meanwhile travel the world reading people's minds to learn stuff. Imagine going to a political rally and reading state secrets from national leader's mind.
>>
It's >>44302553 responding to >>44302657 >>44305935 again

Assuming you're able to "nom" one dying old person every two weeks, with an average age of 80, that's an average of 2080 years of experience gained EACH YEAR.

Sciencebros like>>44305495 >>44292422 >>44289355 >>44290875 >>44291934 >>44292129 >>44292265 are going to be readily increasing longevity, which slows my aquisition in the short term, but in the long term, causes it to grow exponentially.

Similarly, any destructive fuckers like>>44289305 >>44289982 >>44291771 cause mass destruction, I get a bunch of side-meals, further increasing my knowledge aquisition speed.

Hell, I don't even need to eat people against their will, I just explain to the dying that their memories can live on in me. With thousands of years of developing social facility, that shouldn't be a problem.

After a paultry 50 years, that's 104,000 years of experience assuming nobody turns up the clock for me through super-science or mas destruction (which looking over this thread, will surely happen.) You're telling me that there isn't some super-science knowledge locked away in that 100k+ years of experience. You're telling me that there isn't some magic knowledge hidden in there as well? Knowledge of the spirits and how to manipulate them, or at-least how to get them to agree not to hurt me, absolutely. Certainly not master tier on any of these fronts, but I've got the experience to use it right. The only sources I lack are psionics and ki, but eventually, one of them is going to be on their death bed, wishing they'd done more with their potential.

By the time any of the other "slow-game" players become a threat, I will have millions of years of varied experience to out-step them... and hell, I probably have the memories of some of their loved ones and know exactly how to manipulate them.

Only REAL risk is having to eat someone young to live forever, but there are always bad people the world won't miss or look for.
>>
File: True Evil.jpg (30 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
True Evil.jpg
30 KB, 500x281
>>44289193
Symbiotes are the only really worthwhile power here. You start slow but when you're a shapeshifting monster that can absorb any positives that anyone else has you quickly surpass the others. Like others have said, raw knowledge is easy to acquire, from there it's just slowly finding ways to perpetuate an increasingly enjoyable existence. Besides, best of all you get a symbiote companion to cuddle with all the time, and who doesn't want a symbiotic friend?
>>
Psionics.
None, I'd just use it to get a gf and live happily after in a cozy village.
>>
Magic. Use magic to boost my mental capacities with eidetic memory, increased multitasking, and rituals for dark knowledge (Who says magic doesn't have enhancement options?) Find a Ki-Bro and help him train with time dilation/summoned sparring partners. Stand behind Ki-Bro when fighting starts and support him with healing and buffs. D-Door away if shit gets too real.
>>
>>44307992
Spirits and magic.
Spirits can usually possess people, so I can send them out to go possess the other nearby supers before they have a chance to be too formidable. Boom, instantly have one of every power as an ally. The possessed symbiote can presumably be coerced to bond with me instead of the regular user, too. Ill have the possessed superscience study the possessed psionic to learn how to unlock the potential in others, and have them unlock my own potential. Then i have them study the symbiote for possible replication for the other possessed folks, and possibly to somehow make the symbiotes even better. While this goes on, I study the magical empowerment of spirits to help my spiritbros out, and magic should be a very good bargaining chip for getting more spiritual allies. In the longterm, superscience will have studied ALL of the possessed and myself, at which point we replicate all of the possible reproducible abilities for our group, and i commune with spirits for the vast magical knowledge they might have, since some of them are godlike beings older than everything.

In short, magic and spirit makes an unstoppable force. Hell, even spirit is unstoppable if they get a mage possessed. And if you flex your psionics enough, you could probably mentally force spirits to help you. Not that such a thing is wise, though.
>>
>>44289193
>Magic
On my spare time I'll perform miracles, study the world religions and convince the world I am the definitive Messiah.

If there is a competition as implied on some posts, fuck it, even if I'm defeated the world will praise my name forever and brand whoever defeated me a hellish spawn.Plus I made myself a Lich :^), good luck finding the phylactery, faggot
>>
>>44308782
eh, I think you're being a bit optimistic with your memory grabbing. You have the memories and knowledge, but how much of your own life can you remember with clarity now? Certainly not all of it, and definitely not a flawless recreation of it.

If anything, the more you assimilate memories from everyone, the more haphazard and foggy your memory becomes as everyone's lives blend together, making focusing on any one bit even more difficult.

And ki explicitly doesn't have a deathbed for us to feel regretful on, not to mention ki isn't something you can learn, so you would forever be lacking it, except as a fleeting glimmer as you digest a ki user. How you plan on swallowing somebody who can explode in lasers and disintegration fields is another problem altogether.
>>
>>44310996
> I think you're being a bit optimistic with your memory grabbing
It's literally the only useful bit in a CYOA set with very powerful alternate options. It can be assumed to be perfect. Even without that, eventually I'll GLORP someone with eidetic memory, or even just have trained himself to create a perfect memory-palace.

>And ki explicitly doesn't have a deathbed for us
Assuming you keep training harder and harder forever. I have forever to wait, and a much less strenuous requirement on my immortality. Other immortals have to get bored of EVERYTHING to die. You just have to get bored of continuously training.
>How you plan on swallowing somebody who can explode in lasers and disintegration fields is another problem altogether.
I don't. I plan for you to either get tired of training, and approach your feeble aging body on your deathbed about your martial arts traditions not being lost to the sands of time, or wait for your need to find worthy opponents to prove your undoing.
>>
>>44311368
Spiritbro here
Im just gonna get spirits to possess you and your symbiote, and make the symbiote bond to me instead
Get rekt
>>
>>44311530
Have fun selling your liver and ability to feel completely comfortable for those 'perfect' powers.

It's not like magic increasingly heavy arm weights are hard to make.

Ki4Lyfe
>>
>>44311530
>Implying the spirits will harm the bearer of thousands of years of knowledge on the spirits ways/customs who knows how to show them the proper etiquette, even if he can't truly control them, and the bearer of at-least 100+ years of memories from whatever that particular spirit's chosen people are.

I use the proper forms and etiquette to politely request the spirit leave me to my task of preserving the fleeting memories of mortals for posterity. To interfere would truly be gauche. After-all, upon my purchase of it, the rest-home was rebuilt upon consecrated ground.

>"It's good to see you again Great Spirit. Your current mortal mouthpiece certainly is rude to ask such a task of you. Perhaps in a couple centuries, if he's still alive, he will know how to respect his elders. I have of-course left your favorite dish upon the windowsil as is your preference. I look forward to our next meeting. *Bows Politely.*
>>
File: glglqu1pxxbqf7qxlozs.jpg (216 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
glglqu1pxxbqf7qxlozs.jpg
216 KB, 1280x720
>>44311368
Judging from the thread, there's a solid group of communal Ki users committed to training each other. Rather than battle to the death for supremacy, it seems far more likely that a sublime brotherhood of muscle and spirit would form, helping each other rise to limitless heights.

And training doesn't have to be solely about punching harder, but mastering the control of our bodies down to a cellular level. Growing stronger through constant isometric training while enjoying new experiences. You'd have to be supremely jaded to grow tired of the infinite possibilities immortality gives, especially as super scientists expand humanity across the galaxy.
>>
>>44311773
You're gonna have the experiences of a bunch of senile retired oldies. I doubt a single one will know anything other than fake fairy tales, son. Absorb a spiritual bro to get spirit knowledge, sure, but your method wouldn't.

Also, chances are equal that they consider you an unnatural abomination
>>
>>44309650
Nobody will think you're a messiah when they catch you scrawling arcane runes all over shit.

You'll be denounced as a warlock/the Antichrist fast as hell.
>>
>>44311773
>implying saying pls go will make a contractually bound spirit leave
>>
>>44311878
>>44311878
>You'd have to be supremely jaded to grow tired of the infinite possibilities immortality gives
But you'd have to be any sane human ever to get tired of working out constantly. You can't take a Beerus-nap.

Besides, what reason would a patient memory-collector like myself have to start a war with white-hot mayflies like that? Just wait. Maybe one of them goes "kung fu movie villian" and murders his friends. Maybe they slowly over the course of millennia decide to stop training as there are no longer any meaningful barriers to break. Maybe they leave this galaxy in search of new worthy foes. That much youthful energy and enthusiasm doesn't last forever, leaving humanity to its [mentally] Xmillion-year old secret ruler, nudging my billions of ancestors towards a brighter future.
>>
>>44311992
>>44312062

Pretty much the universal thread in all fairy tales is "be [old world] polite, know the rules, and stay humble, and you'll be fine"

As for the disjointed senility, one eidetic memory or perfect memory-palace takes care of that just fine.

Why would I pick a fight with a spiritbro, when I can just wait to find one with cancer on his deathbed?
>>
>>44312246
Because any reasonable spiritbro has already wished for eternal health and youth.
>>
>>44312308
Er, traded for, sorry. Djinni on the mind. Wonder if they count as spirits?
>>
>>44312308
Unless they couldn't pay the price for that.
Eternal youth is a pretty valuable thing, after all.
>>
>>44312246
Fairy tales are gonna be full of misinformation bro
Chances are you gonna get gangbanged by ghosts that speak eldritch tongues that only spirituals can understand and speak back
>>
>>44312357
All powers have immortality in reasonable reach.
>>
>>44312144
Honestly, so long as you're helping humanity with your accumulated knowledge and not dominating people or abusing them, we'd probably coexist just fine. It's not like Ki users can train everyone; only those who have the gift would benefit from the lessons.

It seems like a majority of symbiote-users have a malicious or domineering take towards humanity, and Ki-users tend to be hot-headed brutes. As long as the rules for this entire discussion don't force us to kill each other, I think we'd be able to reach an agreement. You use your infinite knowledge to uplift the planet, and we'll keep renegade punchers in line and suplex invading aliens and extradimensional octopodes
>>
>>44312423
How would Symbiotes lead to immortality?
>>
>>44312308
Yes, that's why there are no stories of dying old shamans passing on their craft to the young outsider.... oh wait.

Maybe some spirits would give that, but perhaps the one another shaman aligned to sees this as an abomination.
>>
>>44312423
No, all powers HAVE immortality.

Some people may have pissed off the immortality-granting spirits, or not wanted to give up the ability to form meaningful relationships (or whatever the cost would be), or just chose to die for moral/personal/etc. reasons.

>>44312456
Age stealing.
>>
>>44312461
Stories, man
You won't be finding anything worthwhile in the retirement homes in florida, regarding spirits.
>>
>>44312456
Probably some mumbo-jumbo about digesting a young person and replacing your aging, degraded telomeres with theirs.
>>
>>44312489
I wouldn't call Parasitism immortality, but its pretty close.
>>
>>44312565
It's technically immortality.

Immortality at the cost of others, but immortality nonetheless.
>>
File: Santa Muerte.jpg (594 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Santa Muerte.jpg
594 KB, 800x800
>>44312544
>You won't be finding anything worthwhile in the retirement homes in florida, regarding spirits.
Interesting that you specifically selected Florida. Nothing that screams "shamanic influences" here... nothing at all.
>>
>>44312607
eh... Semantics. Not going to argue with you.

But what if a Symbiote ate someone with true immortality?
>>
>>44312669
There is nothing in florida
Shhhh
>>
>>44312685
They'd temporarily have true immortality. Symbiotes don't permanently gain powers.
>>
>>44312685
>>44312718
That makes me wonder if someone bonded to a Symbiote could siphon off a little bit of Ki from a Ki user every so often to stay alive forever.
>>
>>44312789
They'd eat a little bit of the Ki User ever so often?
>>
>>44312822
Not eat, just drain.
>>
>>44312789
>>44312822
It really depends on the interpretation of the symbiote powers. I read it as something like you consume somebody utterly, and temporarily add their strength, powers, knowledge, etc to yours, but eventually revert to your (symbiote-boosted)normal levels. Others read it as being a permanent addition.

I doubt any Ki user would let a space lamprey suck away their vital essence, though.
>>
Fact: texas has highest total nursing home population. California is second highest but denser clusters.
>>
>>44312000
Why would I show all my runes and arcane studies to the muggles? one of the reasons I'm leaving the fight to them in my name is to hide my magical powers more akin to elemental than the divine from them.

Also, if we go by the description given in the OP I can simply prepare and cast some holy spells whitout needing rituals and shit for my personal defense or awe more citizens.

And finally, nice trips
>>
>>44313046
It's good to be a Texan then. No way in hell I'm expending any energy to take care of my parents. I'll spend money to take care of them because they spent money to take care of me, but ultimately we never knew each other very well and so I'm not willing to tolerate them shitting around my house.

>>44313050
Eventually they'll catch on. One day they'll ask something you haven't prepared for, or you'll fuck a particularly smart peasant chick in your quarters, or something.

They'll catch on that your power is not your own, one way or another. If you want to do Messiah shit Psionic is your best bet.

Visiting someone in their fucking dreams is the best way to become Lord. Easy too.
>>
>>44313495
It has it's problems but I dunno mang, I still think being able to cure blind people and resurrecting the dead may be a little more impresive than mind tricks, you can't keep making all those folks than saw little timmy's legs regrowth belive what they saw in their minds forever without straining your mind, let alone when someone not under your influense notice the kid's still on a wheelchair and wonder what the fuck is going on.

I'd say the best use for Psionics in this particular date is mixing it with Super Science and become the first worlds Jedi Knight, or Sith Lord, take your pick. bonus points if you convince them you're a time traveler from a Galaxy far far away
>>
I'd go Ki, but for rather unconventional reasons, while most Ki bros just want to become hermits and martial arts masters, I want to be able to transform into a monster. Do some ki stuff, get beat down, and just as my assassin comes to finish... BOOM! Giant ki frog demon! Anywho, the final thing I'd do once immortal as a frog demon monster, would be settle down into the sea, and sleep for the rest of time. Who knows? I might just turn into a sentient immortal island over the milennia, sure, my ki pool is decreasing, but I'm pretty sure I'll stay a frog for the rest of my eternity. It's the perfect way to stay eternal, no other super will find me or want to kill me. Spirit bros will be discouraged by their spirits from destroying nature. Everyone else don't have time to essentially kill an island.
>>
>>44313755
The main problem with magic (Not your plan, just the wizard route in general.) is that I'm pretty sure it's gonna take way more effort than you expect.

You learn the basics of magic. That's basically it. You'll have to study for like 800 years in order to git gud enough to do anything serious with it.
>>
>>44313850
I think you'd want Magic or Spirits for that; Ki is primarily the direct enhancement power - turning yells into super yells, punches into super punches, etc.

If you don't have turn-into-a-frog-demon abilites, Ki probably won't help you.
>>
>>44289193
No Gamma radiation? :(
>>
>>44313956
True, I think I'll use spirits for it, it's basically a nature fan concept, and I think the spirits would approve of that shit. I mean, turning into an animal, with the endgoal of becoming an island? That's spirit-ish up the wazoo! I was an idiot for thinking that would be Ki. Plus, I'm pretty sure those are naturey enough that the spirits would have an ear for it.
>>
>>44313990
You could approximate that a few ways:
>Super Science
Not entirely accurate, but a Ki user could tilt the scales one way or another.
>Spirits
Fairly simple; trade something for whatever abilities you'd want to receive. Probably the quickest way, too, but the cost might be higher than you'd want to pay.
>Magic
Would take a long time to realize; but can do an absurd amount of stuff.
>>
>>44289193
I choose the Spirits.

Take my friends and family and escape to the spirit world, away from the chaos.
>>
>>44313943
That is true. but I see it as a high risk high reward gamble.

If you unlock the secrets of rejuvenation, inmortality, or time magic on your normal lifespawn, you essentially can become a god over the course of the years, nobody said there is a time limit to conquer the world, assuming that is still your goal and not just doing whatever the fuck you want with magic. If you, however, fail to learn such secrets, you'll die a poor sod. At most using whatever time-magic research you currently have to sleep a few more minutes before going to flip burgers with scorching ray to make a living.
>>
With how many ideas are going around for a concept like this, perhaps we could set up an online M&M game inspired by this? (Granted, I know next to nothing about Mutants & Masterminds, but someone else could GM.)
>>
>>44314464
One from each... Aim of the game is to conquer the world?
>>
>>44289193

SCIENCE!

And yes, it is something of a long-game choice, so I'll just be subtle about it. Go gamble. Get a job in a lab or something. Gather resources and do nothing to draw attention. I have better things to do than brawl with superpowered loonies, unless they try to destroy the world or something.

Or I just move to a different world.

Symbiotes actually seems like the weakest choice. Sure, you can eat people for their memories, but after a while you're not learning anything new. After a thousand average joes and a few geniuses, you've pretty much hit the ceiling of human knowledge. A few thousand year's worth of memories of living 9-5 can't offer all that much.
>>
>>44314500
Here's how I think it'd work:
It's a long ass game with multiple groups, with people transferring from group to group and such, until one group has conquered the world. I have no idea what set of powers would work for each source, but I'd like to imagine Spirits and Magic are the only powers that really level up at all, with symbiote as very much a maybe, if one were to tweak it more to how it actually works in its source.
>>
>>44314642
Hmmm... Each group would have a very different feel to it, more or less.

The Spirit and Magic group I can see being highly political.

Psionics would be all about 'just as planned'.

Science would be 'Everyone is Cave Johnson' mixed with Professor Membrane, trying invent the best, coolest, and world changing shit possible.

Ki would be Dragon Ball Z. Occasional fights, lots of training, parties, and tournaments.

Symbiotes would be a literal dog-eat-dog world, each trying to consume the others. Just a massive game of Mongoose-Cobra-Hawk.
>>
>>44314734
A shame when the only viable route for the Symbiotes is murderhoboing their way.
>>
>>44314790
They'd certainly be the most vicious group. Imagine the winners of each meeting up for the real game.
>>
File: sheev2.webm (353 KB, 588x250) Image search: [Google]
sheev2.webm
353 KB, 588x250
>>44289193
Ki, of course.
>>
>>44289193

My spirit is my waifu.
>>
>>44291364

underrated post.
>>
>>44314631

In pvp symbiote is the strongest choice, if you are willing to go full monster. Even if eating someone only granted you a tiny fraction of their biomass, you start at peak human, and if we assume that the "gain their stats" wasn't an additional, but just "if they had better you get that as your new base", overpowering a normal would be easy.

It wouldn't take long to eat entire towns. After that the extra mass should allow you to spread out your symbiote and just go full creeping black mass in the pipes, eat the world before anyone could do anything, mages would barely be at fireball stage by the time you were full kajiu. And that assumes we nerfed the text.
>>
File: Sheev.gif (617 KB, 664x550) Image search: [Google]
Sheev.gif
617 KB, 664x550
>>44314835
I envision Psion or Symbiote fight against the Science guy to be like the ending cinematic of SC2, but whitout Raynor ex machina to save the day. Super science seems to be more fitting for a keikaku master rather than Psion in my opinion.

>>44314871
Would Ki grant me mastery of the spin?
>>
>>44315161
SC2:HotS*
well fuck it, if you got the reference you didn't need this fix anyway...
>>
>>44315161
Psionics would be all about planning to get your mind wiped and your plan still be achieved. Basically, it'd be like that stupid fucking arc in Deathnote were Light gave up his own memories to throw the police's suspicions off of himself.

Super Science would be like "I've built a contained SUN TO POWER EVERYTHING! AND THAT EVERYTHING NOW INCLUDES A FREE BLOWJOB MACHINE FOR EVERYONE!" Or at leas that's how I would play it. Also, SUPER TOAST.
>>
Psionics. Focus on telekinesis and only use telepathy for sending messages and defending against mind control. Occasionally show up and spar with Ki bros, eventually joining them to fight off the endless waves of robots.
>>
>>44315231
>Psionics
Don't forget backing up your memories into a hidden crevasse into a personally significant figure in your life while leaving them otherwise untouched, so you could get them back later.

Also, the way I figure it, Super Science would be sorta like a cross between Girl Genius and Worm's Tinkers.
>>
Fuck, now I really want to play in this meta group.

Would be truly legendary if you could get enough good people to play.
>>
>>44314734
>>44315072
Science seems like it would end up giving you the kind of versatility those who picked magic are looking for. Magic gives you jack besides the basics and if you don't learn a ritual to boost your mental faculties or talent with magic, you're gonna hit a wall real soon. Having a Science guy come up with a NZT pill and banding together with other mages would be your best shot in the short term.

>>44314631
Magic is the weakest choice. Symbiote at least gives you something to work with off the bat.
>>
I think people are underestimating the limitations of super science. The higher the tech you go the more resources and time it will take to build the tools to build the tools. And you still have to study, while the others sound a lot quicker.

It doesn't sound like it will be easy just making everything you want while focusing on big projects, you have to divide you time wisely. You can't build all of those force fields and weapons you need to protect yourself and expect to get transhumanism up and running in a viable time frame. And if you do just hunker down and try to make transhumanism in your basement, the moment you share it to the world you announce to everyone else "Hey super scientist here!". And building a huge tech empire from scratch and becoming Iron Man would do the same thing.

Also the wording of the text heavily implies while some scifi things are possible, you are limited in ways the others are not. This is a huge deal if you simply can not ghostbuster your way out of an attack by invisible spirits.

There are ways to succeed with the power, but I think most of us are not thinking in terms of how hard it will be.
>>
>>44314734
I was more thinking they're different groups all trying to become dominant over the world. Spirits and Ki would probably also have a unique other way to win without ruling the world. And yes, Spirit would be seperate from Magic in my eyes, because mages probably are going to fuck over nature alot. Grouping spirits and magic together doesn't make sense really.
>>
>>44316047
Never meant Magic and Spirits would be together, but their parties would be similar in my view.

If its Group v Group v Group, I think Symbiotes would have the edge. They could just consume towns then cities and shred everyone else.
>>
>>44316108
Fair enough on the Magic/Spirit thing, and on the matter of the Symbiote, it probably wouldn't be a perfect translation since, again, this would be run in Mutants and Masterminds. I think if we really want to do this right, we're going to have to do some nerfing and balancing here and there. Symbiotes are in the most obvious need of balance tweaks.
>>
>>44316201
They'd have to be balanced through their Symbiote, the more they feed it / the more powerful it gets the harder it is to control. Eventually there is no PC just Venom.
>>
>>44316201
How would spirits even work in m&m? Posessions everywhere, and weird nature powers from shapeshifting and plant control to merging with earth and astral projection, potentially
>>
>>44289193
>choose spirits
>use spirit contacts to find the *perfect* spiritual partner to work with
>become paranormal buddy cops/battle couple
>go around solving mysteries and coming up with creative spirit-based solutions to the world's problems
>after a long career, settle down in a small house with a nice garden and write a book
>>
File: Mfw.jpg (18 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
Mfw.jpg
18 KB, 475x475
>I start making scientific wonders that change the world.
>Build ships that can travel to the stars.
>Everyone thinks I'm the best super scientist of the whole lot as some of my shit seems just crazy to work.
>I'm actually a Shaman partnered with spirits of Invention, Discovery, and Technology.
>MFW
>>
>>44316276
>be Shaman
>pray
>encounter the Holy Spirit
>make a contract with 1/3 of god
>>
>>44316269
It'd work something like this: You get a group of abilities as long as you hold favor with the correct spirit for those abilities. Plant spirit? Have the greatest plant army! I'd probably rule each spirit player would have to have different powers from everyone else to prevent power spam.
>>
>>44316456
Not too mention the roleplaying possibilities. You may rule that a certain Shaman needs to follow a standard of conduct that makes sense with his power set, another might have to perform a appeasement ceremony after so many days. New power sets will probably need some sort of task done to appease the new friends.

Also probably have to deal with spirits that hate his spirits. Opposing elements, ideas, ext.
>>
>>44316456
I see. And since the power is based solely on how much the spirit invests in you, you can't presumably upgrade powers, only able to put exp into your mundane shit that everyday people have.
>>
>>44307992
Ki and spirit.
Get swole.
Ask powerful spirits to spot me bro
Offer my eternal soul if they can out wrestle me, and if they can't, they gotta serve me

IM GONNA WRESTLE GODLY SPIRITS INTO SUBMISSION, BRO
>>
>>44307992
>6-2=3
brilliant
>>
>>44317291
This is /tg/, most of us are so used to fudging numbers we do it instinctually
>>
>>44289193
Normally, in CYOAs like this with a bio option, that should be picked because you can (usually) study people with the other powers and absorb theirs or graft it onto yourself.

But here, the Science option can do that more effectively, and you really don't even need to absorb anything else.
>>
>>44289193
PSIONICS.

Fuck taking over the world, I am going to make my own fortress of solitude in fucking space.

And then I'm going to deflect orbital cannon shots until I get bored or turn into a super baby.
>>
File: fear_me.jpg (61 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
fear_me.jpg
61 KB, 900x563
Psion, obviously.

All pale before the OVERWHELMING POWER OF MY MIND

I AM A DIMENSION TEARING PSIONIC GOD
>>
>>44289193
Is there any important reason why I should want to use my superpowers to take over the world, presumably by force or fraud?
Honestly I'd just figure out a constructive use for them that can make good money, such as putting satellites into orbit. Someone else can have the most stressful job in the world, I don't care.
>>
So, are ki and psions natural allies?

It seems both have plans of "fuck off to a mountain top and perfect my godlike powers"
>>
>>44307992
KI
PSIONICS

it's the ultimate super soldier VS science, magic, and spirits, all trying to put you down.
>>
>>44316617
Yeah, my intent is to have each party be diverse while also sharing a general ruleset and playstyle. Symbiote is very much a World of Darkness-esque group, while Magic would probably be more like D&D, Spirit we have already established, Ki would be a bunch of warriors with casual rivalries and partnerships working together for one reason or another, basically, Shonen: the Group. Science, I have no fucking idea how we're going to do that, Psionics is probably gonna basically All-Psykers Dark Heresy, just with less warp-fuckery and more just general sucking at the powers.
>>
>>44319011
>psion
>fucking up powers

excuse me, I -meant- to become a giant fleshy superbaby.
>>
Spirit, because I'd want to know and meet spirits. What do they look like? What are they like? What about the places I normally go to, what dpirits live there?

These are questions I want answered. If I make a few spirit friends along the way that'd be cool. I don't really feel the need to kill or dominate.
>>
>>44319023
Well, you got any other ideas for making psions not kind of overpowered? Because they are WAY too versatile in my book. Magic has rituals, Spirit requires appeasing spirits, but psionics is just so versatile with no cost at all.
>>
>>44319072
usually, the downside is migraining so hard you accidentally the whole of new york.

And then you're a supervillain with the government after you...
>>
>>44319096
Fair enough, though if a Psionic just spams weak stuff, I'm pretty sure he can do whatever the hell he wants, within the OP's wording.
>>
>>44319144
well, that would be limited by what they come up with.

I admit, I've always wanted an absolute fabrication box. And psion powers would give me that handily. But I would still have to figure out how to make the luxurious space ship I want with materials on hand.

And then I'd have to reinforce the throne so that it could withstand the force of me propelling the ship.
>>
>>44319172
Okay, so clearly we need a playstyle for Psionic group, and what the hell would that be?
>>
>>44319213
I don't think I've solved that for you.

I mean, other than "being magneto all over the place". which doesn't really count.
>>
>>44319249
FUCK IT! We can just improv Psionic shit! So, can anyone here DM Mutants and Masterminds?
>>
File: aos-Ansler-1024x768.jpg (184 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
aos-Ansler-1024x768.jpg
184 KB, 1024x768
A lot of you picks superscience. Me too! Villainous or not, it sure is satisfying to be one of the smartest person in the world. Not to mention the shits you can build and discover... Immortality serum! FTL travel! Ultron! And money, oh hell the money.

Pic related is Prof. Johann Ansler, one of background character from Age of Steel: http://servantsoftheimperium.com/ageofsteel/setting/professor-johann-ansler/
Disclaimer: Not a shrill, just someone who would like to see the project happens.
Found it by googleing "table rpg professor".
>>
>>44319055
Id also be down to partner up with modtly any other spiritbro, or even kibro
>>
hmm

Psion=Akira
Spirits=SMT
Magic=MTG/DnD
Ki=HNK

Magic+Science=DOOM (FF4)
Psion+Ki= Freeza
Magic+Ki= Hayabusa
Science+Ki= Strider
Magic+Spirits=Dante?
Psion+Spirits=Siren?
Spirits+Ki=YuYuHakusho
Science+Psion=Psychonauts
>>
>psion can adjust the properties of an item down to atomic level
>ki can produce near infinite energy
>science guy asks them to help assemble his shit
>MASSIVE LEAPS IN INDUSTRIAL AND TECHNICAL ABILITY
>SKIP ENTIRE INDUSTRIES
>>
>>44289193
Hook me up with the symbiote. Lonliness is no fun and becoming an two-being ultimate organism team sounds like a wonderful proposition. Additionally why bother with the others when you can just hunt them down and assimilate them?
>>
>Go Psion
>Do the hermit thing
>Don't train telepathy, just learn enough so you have a sweep always running for things that want to kill you
>Train the fuck out telekinesis
>Go KIbro levels of training. Push yourself to the point of death
>Master control of your body on the atomic level
>Keep up your training and don't worry about the other chosen

Do I win?
>>
>>44320513
>barely train telepathy
>end up with weak saves vs mindcontrol or possessions
>get possessed by the first spiritualist that comes along, or mindcontrolled by a fellow psion
Thanks for the free telekinetic fleshtool, I guess.
>>
I just had a though

Psionics+Super Science=Yuri
>>
take magic
become hermit
go somewhere else to continue being a hermit in peace
>>
I would take Spirits, as befriending various spirits is something that I would absolutely LOVE to do. Ki is the most broken if you apply the discipline, but I don't have that, and Spirits just seem the funnest. Imagine befriending a being comprised of fire, and conjuring up endless flames.
>>
File: fey.jpg (51 KB, 449x550) Image search: [Google]
fey.jpg
51 KB, 449x550
>>44292585
>I'll be taking psionics for that sweet telepathy
This guy gets it. You don't even need to assume direct control. Just read people's minds and say whatever will make them your BFFs. Pretty much the only vulnerability is Saiyan, who is probably too thick to manipulate.

Spirits would be a good second choice, since they probably haven't adjusted to the prevalence of contract lawyers yet.
>>
File: 1346633734915.jpg (1 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
1346633734915.jpg
1 MB, 3000x4000
>>44289193
This brings back memories.
Evol a best.
>>
>>44312144
>sane
>training to such a degree that you are able to preform molecular alchemy with your ki.
Pick one
Also side note in dbz, we see ki being used for powers very similar to psionics, telekinesis, telepathy, hell goku trancended death itself, and with the amount of spiritual and physical power you could put out, you would be well respected in the realm of spirits.
>>
>>44317014
ETHEREAL WRESTLE MANIA BRUUTHHER
>>
>>44307992
Super Science + Symbiote
>>
It looks like ki is the road to emulating the rest of the powers, bar magic/symbiote, and science is the one that helps out humanity the most. I'm pretty biased since im already gettin pretty swole and lean, id say ki is the most powerful in the long run.
>>
>>44307992
I am disappointed. No ki and superscience. Get swole as fuck while doing my supersciency things fucking working out while pondering my next great invention doing trial and error in my head till I perfect the damn thing. Then build that bitch meanwhile be swole and chill as fuck.
>>
>>44293986
>be mage
>preparing to do ritual that will surely allow me to take over the world
>require ingredient on the other side of the world, can't find it online for some reason
>a teleportation spell of that mass would take months
>don't have money for flight or travel
Stay mad, wizard bros
>>
>>44289193
Spirits. That honestly sounds fucking rad, communing with spirits and bargaining and shit
>>
>>44289193
Forget Domination, I'm just going to study magic, chill out, help my bros, and start a wizard/Witch family.
I might become a god if I feel like it.
>>
>>44323021
What's a month to a wizard?
>>
>>44326206
But lets say I want spirit powers? What would I need to give them? What will happen to me if I'm willing to pay any price?
>>
>>44327130
>What will happen to me if I'm willing to pay any price?

I guess you'd gradually stop being human but as you long as you maintained your mind, you should be ok.
Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.