[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SuperHuman Legacy Quest 17
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 18
File: Start image.jpg (50 KB, 565x378) Image search: [Google]
Start image.jpg
50 KB, 565x378
Your name is Thomas Cairn, and you are finally starting to get your life figured out. You were on a track to mediocrity when your dad was murdered in cold blood. After finding his hideout, you were changed forever, inheriting his legacy as the Red Rider. You could control electronics with your mind and soak up knowledge like a sponge, allowing you to graduate near the top of your class from a prestigious college of engineering. You climbed your way up in life with innovations concerning wireless energy, nanotechnology, and cold fusion (albeit almost blowing up the city at least once in the process) to create Cairn Industries. But the various achievements that adorn your wall hide a secret.

Three years ago, you built an AI and a suit of power armor. Taking on the persona of the Red Knight to carry your father's Legacy, you fought many a villain and crook, some more effectively than others; all in the hopes of one day finding the villain that killed him. Under the tutelage of your father's acquaintances, you helped clean up the streets. You even opened a covert shop from your hideout to supply other like-minded vigilantes with gadgets. You also kept your life in check.

Your girlfriend Jeana, a student in architecture at the college you attended, has helped keep you sane over the years. You probably should have mentioned that first, you have rather large mental problems. Your powers seem to fry your brain a bit, occasionally leading to violent outbursts, schizophrenic breaks, and overall psychosis. You were prescribed an anti-psychotic, but it only serves to highlight your behavior. Sometimes you see things that aren't there, you've even been trying to integrate "magic" in your designs, and that's only the stuff you know about.

Cont. (1/2)
>>
File: Grandpappy.jpg (64 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
Grandpappy.jpg
64 KB, 640x853
On a whim, you decided to visit your grandpa, a retired Supervillain named Dr. Genesis, who is unusually spry for being just over a century old. The trees shivered in the summer wind as you touched down outside his estate, where he greeted you with a smile and a handshake. It was great, until you found out about another guest he has, Francis Kelson, and his son Adrien. Francis used to go by the name of the Pied Piper, and his son inherited it from him to wreak havoc on Comet City. Grandpa looks at you with a Cheshire grin, probably expecting a reaction.

>"Well I'll have to say hi then."
>"Why is his son here?! He's in jail!"
>Turn 360 and get outta here.
>Write-in

About SuperHuman Legacy Quest: http://pastebin.com/t0GNPM0h

Archived Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Superhuman%20Legacy

Tech Trees: http://pastebin.com/9uxS0teL

Plot Points: http://pastebin.com/q8wm3Lr3

MC Notes: http://pastebin.com/aNFFXTCU

Armor Loadout: http://pastebin.com/Jta4cNfX

Researched Tech: http://pastebin.com/CN3UaTbN

Cairn Industries Summary: http://pastebin.com/mWGEHHwC
>>
>>44286820
>>"Well I'll have to say hi then."
Fuck yeah! I love you Lost.
>>
>>44286820
>>
>>44286820
>>
>>44286820
>>"Well I'll have to say hi then."
>>
>>44286893
>>44286917
>>44286952
>>44286975
Okay, writing.

Merry Christmas.
>>
>>44286820
>"Eh, he's a big wuss anyways. Still, hope you don't mind me defending myself if he's dumb enough to try anything."

hype thrusters are at maximum, captain. Full speed ahead.
>>
>>44286988
Merry Christmas Lost :D
>>
File: You're a big guy...jpg (151 KB, 800x1288) Image search: [Google]
You're a big guy...jpg
151 KB, 800x1288
"Well then I guess I'll have to say hi." You hide your slight discomfort well enough, and Grandpa looks puzzlingly at you. He opens the door for you and it makes a small dial-tone, intriguing enough for you to try to interface with it. You can immediately tell that it is some sort of scanner attached to the doorhandle, but it would take more time to see what it connects to.

"Don't mind it, that's the new security system that everybody in the block put in. Don't worry about anybody here coming out of retirement, Adrien is out on parole. I would say prison changed him, but not really. Something about finding Jesus or something." He scoffs, "Always too much of a wuss to do anything actually dangerous. Not like you, I still remember when you said you almost nuked the city. It must run in the family."

Between his small laughs he leads you to the foyer and sitting on a bench is Francis, a tall lanky old man,, sitting next to a guy who looks more like Hurler. He's absolutely covered in tattoos and has a blue bandanna over his head, he looks like an absolute brute, but then you realize something. He's playing a tiny flute, a piccollo.

"Hey Frank, guess who decided to stop by!" Grandpa yells across the room. Francis turns towards you and smiles, oddly sincere for a former menace to society. "Oh, hey Tom. Heard a lot about you from some of my old coworkers, good on ya. This is Adrien. Adrien, this is Thomas, Mike's grandson." The large guy stands up and walks towards you. He towers over your head, this is the guy Grandpa said was a wuss? He extends his hand and looks directly at you.

"Nice to meet you, Dad told me about you. Amazing stuff." He shakes your hand gingerly, speaking with an oddly high voice. You seem confused for a second but quickly regain composure.

>"Well, not everyone can rob banks for cash."
>"I do what I can."
>"That's just the stuff that isn't in R&D."
>Write-in
>>
>>44287320
>"I do what I can."
but
>"That's just the stuff that isn't in R&D."
>>
>>44287320
>That image name
For you.
>>
>>44287320
>>"Well, not everyone can rob banks for cash."
Besides I decided to try it the legal way. Way more fun. Besides
>>"That's just the stuff that isn't in R&D."
If you ever want to be a hero I could whip something up for you.
>>
>>44287320
>"It really is. Say, I actually know some people if you want to smash heads without going to prison."
>>
>>44287320
>...you're big.
>>
>>44287436
>>44287402
>>44287386
>>44287366
>>44287352
I'll do what I can, Writing
>>
>>44287352
Second

>>44287386
Let's not
>>
File: Anyone else.jpg (63 KB, 750x1024) Image search: [Google]
Anyone else.jpg
63 KB, 750x1024
"Well, I do what I can, You should see what I have in R&D. If you ever want to smash heads for the other side, get in touch with me. Bit of a pet project I have." He laughs a little uncomfortably and rubs the back of his head. He puts the piccollo in a case on the couch and clasps it shut.

"I probably won't get into that again. I had more than my fill of danger, probably going to start up an exterminator business. I just got out of a ten year sentence, need time to get my life back together." He takes a seat and the doorbell rings. Grandpa practically sprints for the door and opens it up. Standing outside is Wo Xianding and a bald guy you don't recognize. Wo used to be a villain too, kind of a thing with this neighborhood. He practically tosses the bald guy in. He looks about your age, but seems a bit off.

"Mike, slap some sense into my idiot apprentice. He wants to go to Tibet to learn where I did, and I keep telling him that it isn't worth it. Tell him how everything's going with your lifestyle." What is happening?

Grandpa looks down at the guy and laughs. "Trust me kid, don't do what this maniac did. At this point he goes through herbal remedies at a rate that he might start stealing from Hans' garden! Just settle for being normal enough." Wo looks at you and waves, he seems shocked that you're here.

The door slams behind him, seems like the wind might have picked up.

>"Okay, are there any more people that want to throw somebody in here?"
>"Is this a sitcom?"
>"Hi, I'm Thomas."
>Write-in
>>
>>44287795
>>"Is this a sitcom?"
Did I interrupt something?
>>
>>44287795
>"Is this a sitcom?"
>"Hi, I'm Thomas."
>>
>>44287795
>Become suddenly infinitely interested in Wo's condition. "An incurable medical condition that grants you incredible abilities you say?" Get them hungry predator eyes.
>>
>>44287795
>>"Okay, are there any more people that want to throw somebody in here?"
>>
>>44287795
>>"Is this a sitcom?"
"Next comes the love interest for you two that only wants me but want nothing to do with her"
>>
>>44287892
>but want nothing to do with her

but I want nothing to do with her*
>>
>>44287848
true its a mystery better yet a SCIENCE and Magic Mystery.
>>
>>44287834
>>44287847
>>44287848
>>44287892
>>44287956
Oh you!

Writing.
>>
>>44287981
I am still FULLY HYPED
>>
File: Dr. Genesis.jpg (155 KB, 985x977) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Genesis.jpg
155 KB, 985x977
"An incurable medical condition that grants you incredible abilities you say?" That's interesting.

"Thomas, it would take a while to explain and the reason I think this moron shouldn't do it boils down to one thing. I died Thomas, that was deeply traumatic." This must be magic or something, or maybe his heart stopped. This doesn't make sense.

Grandpa makes air quotes while mouthing "herbal remedies". "Is this like a sitcom or something? We have the former criminal with a heart of gold, the wacky people from across the street, all we need is someone to come in and say 'Honey, I'm home!'" Everyone stops the talking they were doing and starts laughing at your joke. The man on the floor leaps up and walks toward you.

"Hey, I'm Yon. Sorry for barging in, even if it wasn't MY idea!" He looks angrily at Wo. "You must be Thomas, Mike won't shut up about you." He sort of smiles at you, but he seems uncomfortable. A thump comes from the door and Grandpa sighs, opening it again. A clod of dirt hit the dooor and you see Hans across the street weeding his garden.

"Stop throwing dirt Hans! The Robinsons still haven't fixed their window, or that vase, or that cat!" Hans gives a wave of dismissal and Grandpa closes the door. Adrien turns on the TV in an effort to restore order.

"... And in other news there appears to be freak storm heading towards the Comet City area. We are advising everyone to stay inside until it passes. Stay tuned for further updates." Everyone stops talking to each other and Yon points out the window.

"Guys, It's starting to rain."

>THE JET!
>Start running to bar the windows and doors
>"Who wants to bet that it's some Super getting snippy?"
>Write-in
>>
>>44288391
>THE JET!
>Just yell "NOT MY BABY!" and run outside. Run back in a few moments later and ask your grandpa if he has room to store a jet.
>>
>>44288391
>>THE JET!
>>"Who wants to bet that it's some Super getting snippy?"
>>
>>44288391
>THE JET!
>"Who wants to bet that it's some Super getting snippy?"
>>
>>44288391
>>THE JET!
>>
>>44288451
>>44288488
>>44288495
>>44288519
PANIC!

Writing
>>
>>44288629
Jet is best waifu
>>
So, to-do list.

Figure out what's up with Wo. See if it's replicable/improvable/curable.
Set up power plants with our Securibros that protect the rather powerful energy sources from being stolen and used for doomsday machines.
Visit our public Lab and see how they're doing, now that the place has had at least 3 eccentric minds with a run of the place.
>>
>>44288910
we also have to set up another factory so we get more money so we can do more science
>>
File: No mom, it's not cold outside.png (188 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
No mom, it's not cold outside.png
188 KB, 500x710
"Who wants to bet that this is some Super getting snippy?" You feel a little good about that remark, then you realize something. The jet is outside! You run to the back door and see your jet still there, if a bit wet. "Grandpa, do you have a garage for my jet!?" You hear a crash from the other room. "I have a big tarp!"

The brickwork below the jet splits apart and the jet rocks a little as a chromed platform lowers it under the bricks. "I forgot I installed that, glad that button didn't do something else!" You breathe a sigh of relief and look back out the door. Is that... snow?

>The Red Knight in... Christmas in July?!

The house shakes a bit as the storm intensifies and the sun is covered in a wreath of white. This is definitely not a normal storm system. You and the guests sit in the basement playing some poker, but are interrupted by an egg timer. Grandpa must be using what he has in the house for gadgets now. He pulls a long paper out of what sort of looks like a cross between a printer and a microwave with an antenna.

"It's either some new piece of technology I don't know of, a Super, or those damn conspiracy theorists were right about chemtrails." He laughs a bit then strokes his beard. Adrien looks rather upset. "Has to be the week I get out, can't be when I goo home, nope. Where's the center of the thing?" Grandpa looks at Adrien incredulously.

"That isn't how weather functions at all, but sure, let's humor you. It is... about a block north of here?! What a coincidence."

>"Okay, anybody got a spare suit of power armor lying around? I want to check that out."
>"Grandpa, want to do some science to fix this?"
>"Maybe it's magic?"
>Write-in
>>
>>44288949
>>"Okay, anybody got a spare suit of power armor lying around? I want to check that out."
>>"Grandpa, want to do some science to fix this?"
>>
>>44288949
>"Grandpa, want to do some science to fix this?"
>>
>>44288949
>>"Grandpa, want to do some science to fix this?"
>>"Maybe it's magic?"
>>
>>44288949
Call RON and set up a signal going towards the center of that storm. See if you can make contact with it.
>>
>>44288993
>>44289005
>>44289016
>>44289020
Science time.

Roll 1d100+20
>>
Rolled 7 + 20 (1d10 + 20)

>>44289137
>>
Rolled 15 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44289137
science
>>
Rolled 86 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44289137
>>
Rolled 82 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44289137
>>
>>44289152
>>44289156
>>44289158
Very close to not succeeding, Writing
>>
>>44289137
>>44289158
>>44289163
Nothing unusual here, folks.
>>
>>44289178
I missed out a 0, so my roll does not even count.
>>
>>44289178
That first one is a d10, mate.
>>
>>44289223
>>44289217
I didn't notice, doesn't matter anyway.
>>
File: The Hurler.jpg (197 KB, 700x971) Image search: [Google]
The Hurler.jpg
197 KB, 700x971
"Hey Grandpa, do you want to figure out a way to fix this?" He smiles and rubs his hands together, then his eyes go wide."I HAVE IT!" He runs out of the room and you hear some pots and pans banging around upstairs, then he runs down the stairs again.

"I got really into this whole weather machine idea when I still worked on that sort of thing. I wanted to hold the country hostage and demand Guam as payment." You are about to question him when he shoves a flashlight attached to a cassette player with what looks like a soldering iron sticking out of the flashlight. "It's broken and I don't remember exactly how it works, but I remember it DID work. Maybe you can make it into something to stop the storm?"

You look down at it and try to sense what makes it tick, but it seems to work fine. You try to flip the switch but the device doesn't react. You replace the switch and it lights up as various LEDs begin flashing in a pattern. The switch was broken, Grandpa slams his hand into his face in exasperation. "Good job Thomas, now we need to get to that center to fix this. Of course the-" A loud bang comes from the door followed by more bangs. Wo elects to go up and look at it, and he comes back with a very chilly Hans.

"My petunias are ruined! Where's the guy who did this and how can I punch this snowstorm in the face?" Grandpa smiles and points at the device. "Oh, hi Tom. What do I need to do with this thing?"

>"It can't be this easy?"
>"Get it into the center of this thing."
>"SHUT UP, I'M TRYING TO THINK ABOUT WHO CAN GET THIS TO THE EYE OF THE STORM!"
>Write-in
>>
>>44289513
>>"It can't be this easy?"
>>"Get it into the center of this thing."
>>
>>44289513
>"SHUT UP, I'M TRYING TO THINK ABOUT WHO CAN GET THIS TO THE EYE OF THE STORM!"
Then when everyone stares at us oddly, "What, I told you it was a sitcom."

Then play a laughtrack we've had queued up on our phone since we made that joke.
>>
>>44289513
>"It can't be this easy?"
>>
>>44289513
>>
>>44289513
>>44289557
This is so stupid I have to vote for it.
>>
>>44289574
>>44289571
>>44289553
As much as I love the write-in, it isn't in the majority.

Writing
>>
>>44289557
Thirded
>>
>>44289812
Too little, too late, bub.
>>
>>44289557
yes god yes!
>>
File: Sage.jpg (208 KB, 800x925) Image search: [Google]
Sage.jpg
208 KB, 800x925
"Well, we need to get this into the center of the storm system, can you do that." Grandpa's eyes go wide and Hans begins smiling. Grandpa walks over to Hans. "Not in my house! We went over this Hans!"

"But it's cold outside, and the forecast did tell me to stay indoors..." Hans smiles devilishly, Grandpa quickly begins pushing him to the front door. You follow and hand the former Hurler the "StormLight Mk LXI" and wait. A breeze rolls out the door with a deluge of snow as Hans walks outside. You can barely see him through the window. He suddenly brings his hand back and gets on one leg, then throws it so hard you're pretty sure you could hear a sonic boom.

After a few seconds he walks in through the door, the storm still raging. "Did you miss?!" Hans opens his mouth to respond as outside the snow stops falling. It worked! Everyone begins celebrating when you hear what sounds like another sonic boom and the piece of plastic that used to be the StormLight crashes through the roof and puts a dent in the floor. A beep elicits from your phone and RON talks.

"Sorry for the loss of reception sir, but it appears that there is an odd energy signature heading towards your current location."

>Quickly search for weapons, you feel naked without your suit.
>Come up with an attack plan! (What is it?)
>Try to science up something to arm yourself with.
>Write-in
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>44290003
A microwave, a toaster and a water pistol enter a bar.
A heat blaster came out.
>>
>>44290003
>>
>>44290043
Aaand I forgot we need to roll after he calls for it, the dice gods punish me for it.
>>
>>44290003
>RON, target the signature and prepare the Sonnet (artillery laser, meant as an anti-kaiju weapon). Fire when ready.

I want something out of those damn two years.
>>
>>44290003
>>Quickly search for weapons, you feel naked without your suit.
>>
>>44290080
You got a company, a jet, and nanotech. Be happy. Did I Update the Tech Trees?
>>
>>44290105
Fair enough. Though I will advocate building anti-kaiju lasers once we get back to doing that.

>Try to science something up.
>>
>>44290105
>>44290149
It's okay, I didn't update the Tech Trees. New Nanobots are in.
>>
>>44290043
>>44290055
>>44290149
Time for the science on the fly. You don't have Paperclips and Superglue as a perk, so this is unmodified.

1d100 straight
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>44290218
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>44290218
>inb4 roll a 100 and make power armor out of kitchen appliances
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>44290218
rolling
>>44290240
fuck you namefag
>>
>>44290240
OH BOI MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE THREAD!

Roll me another 1d100
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>44290267
>>44290266
>>44290240
fug

>>44290267
chill bruhv
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>44290299
pls
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>44290303
>>44290299
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>44290303
Not counting you, wasn't linked to my second post.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>44290299
Aww shit
>>
>>44290388
PFFFT!

I...

Writing.
>>
>>44290388
quest over, we die
>>
>>44290388
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD I ain't even mad bro
>>
>>44290388

HOLY SHIT

WE'RE SCREWED BOIS
>>
>>44290388
what is wrong with you stop rolling
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>44290388
and then accidentally the toaster was a nuke

and then everybdoy ded
>>
>>44290388
HYPE

I rolled this. I'm not sorry.
>>
>>44290467
why did you roll that crit

WHY
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>44290533
because I speak truth Stalker, is how post apocalypse started

then we go back in time to fix
>>
You begin searching through the house for things to fight whatever is coming and end up grabbing a thing in Grandpa's closet labelled "PNR-334". It looks a lot like a lightsaber, but one of those crappy plastic ones. You press a button on it and it lights up a deep blue, obviously a good sign. You shine it at a wall and it begins steaming, so you quickly turn it off. This must generate a lot of heat in one direction, this gives you ideas...

You start making a bunch of amplifiers and heat exchangers from random appliances throughout the house, at one point dismantling the fridge. You surround the device with them and begin wiring them together. You think that you might be able to create an exxagerated heat sink effect to neutralize any low-pressure systems and depower whatever caused this. You get a roll going and scribe a seal that you researched, supposedly draws in heat, just for good luck

A man in a fur lined cloak holding what looks like a metal rod blows down your door and knocks Yon against the wall. Everyone is fighting him admirably, Grandpa hits him with large arcs of energy from a projector on a stick, Wo is dive kicking and constantly hitting him, birds are being controlled by the Pipers to divebomb the crook, but it isn't enough. He is too strong. in a last-ditch effort you throw your device and...

>Choose a character

>Franz Kelvin, a man recently dumped into the Comet City Shipyard by a gang, freezing and drowning in the water
>Jack Spadin, currently on a roll at the Casino, can't shut his damn mouth
>James Waal, hospitalized for a punctured lung, former gang member
>Raphael Gaus, a starving artist down on his luck, used to write for the Comet City Interrogator
>>
>>44290800
Just end the quest boss. No point now.
>>
>>44290800
Oh god fucking dammit.

If we died, I'm out.
>>
>>44290800
>>Raphael Gaus, a starving artist down on his luck, used to write for the Comet City Interrogator
>>
>>44290800
uhh did thomas just die cause if so thats some bull shit
>>
>>44290800
>Raphael Gaus, a starving artist down on his luck, used to write for the Comet City Interrogator
You better notta taken my techpriest, dammit.
>>
>>44290800
>>
>>44290854
>>44290869
>>44290874
>>44290892
I have told you before, one bad roll doesn't mean death.
>>
>>44290800
>>44290800
>Jack Spadin, currently on a roll at the Casino, can't shut his damn mouth
I am guessing Tom is in a comma or thrown out of time or some other weird comic-like weird shit
>>
>>44290944
it was 2
>>
>>44290944
1 800 tell a pimp in the post
>>
>>44290870
>>44290892
>>44290935
I'm going to start writing.

Did you guys really think I would throw away all of my notes?
>>
>>44290388
Last time this happened we got Cairnsium.
>>
>>44291120
that was my roll by the way
>>
File: What's that light.jpg (457 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
What's that light.jpg
457 KB, 1920x1280
You put down the pen and rest your head in your hands, what's the point if you can't even sell this? The Interrogator laid you off almost 6 months ago, and you haven't been called back since. The draft for the novel sits in your hands, the letters swimming from either fatigue or drink, you aren't sure which.

You load the draft into your desk and start turning off the lamp, a portable one, you can't afford to replace all the broken lightbulbs.You start adjusting to the darkness when a large blue light flashes over your apartment. You rush to the dirty window and are greeted by what looks like a large blue dome of energy rolling towards you.

In your haste you grab...

>Nothing (Energy)
>A book (Ink)
>A pillow (Flight)
>>
>>44291120
we critfailed then crit succeeded, a 2xx critfail would have destroyed the entire city.
>>
>>44291176
Just pointing out that good things did happen when we got a 1.
>>
>>44291264

>A book (Ink)

Fuck yes writer hero
>>
>>44291264
>Nothing (Energy)
>>
>>44291264

>A book (Ink)

I wonder wat happens next
>>
>>44291266
>a 2xx critfail would have destroyed the entire city.
1 out of 10000 mean's that was unlikely to happen so yeah no in freaking out over a 1.
>>44291264
>A book (Ink)
>>
>>44291264
>>A pillow (Flight)
flyers are underrated heros
>>
>>44291264
>>A book (Ink)
>>
>>44291339
critfails are 5 or less. how have your forgotten this?
>>
>>44291264
>A book
>>
>>44291443
>>44291368
>>44291339
>>44291335
>>44291315
Okay, writing.
>>
>>44286799
OH THANK GOD YOU ARE BACK HOW I HAVE MISSED YOUR QUEST!!
>>
>>44291537
Same here.

I missed SCIENCE! Shenanigans
>>
>>44291611
Yeeep
>>
File: YOU FUCKED IT UP.jpg (58 KB, 600x932) Image search: [Google]
YOU FUCKED IT UP.jpg
58 KB, 600x932
You pick up a book that was lying on the desk, and hold it up, hoping to at least not see your last moments approaching you. The complex rocks as a sonic blast blows past it, knocking over your lamp and shattering it on the floor. In the last moment you remember, you see the words on the front of the book float off the page and start drifting towards you. Then your world stops in a blinding flash of light.

You come to on the floor, covered in ink from your inkwell falling off of your desk. You stand up and the ink falls off of you, though having soaked your shirt. You try to wring it ut and oddly enough the color begins leeching out of the white shirt. It starts floating in the palm of your hand, forming a perfect ball. you stare at it and blink for a moment. Then you rush to your window, looking to see any evidence of the blast, but you find none. It's almost as if someone scrubbed clean the entire city.

Looking to find any sort of idea of what just happened, you turn on the news.

"We are getting word that the explosion that rocked Halley Heights yesterday had no adverse effect on anywhere excluding that neighborhood. Our resident expert on weather phenomena commented on the odd weather preceding it, and then chalked it up to something he called "Ball Lightning". We'll be covering details as they emerge, stay safe Comet City." The news ends in the same credits they always have and a terrible reality show follows. You flick off the TV and think about what happened.

>Try to do the ink thing again
>Seek medical attention
>Look for a job
>Write-in
>>
>>44291814
>try the ink thing again
>>
>>44291814
>>Try to do the ink thing again
>>
>>44291814
>>
>>44291814
>Try to do the ink thing again
>>
>>44291814
>>
>>44291878
>>44291902
>>44291937
>>44291957
>>44291958
I need 1d100-20.

After that I will have dinner. Please discuss on what could have possibly happened to Thomas other than death that I would cut to another character.
>>
Rolled 78 - 20 (1d100 - 20)

>>44292071
>>
Rolled 49 - 20 (1d100 - 20)

>>44292071
dimensional travel or knocked out
>>
Rolled 66 - 20 (1d100 - 20)

>>44292071
Teleportated to a transdimensional gladiatorial arena

Shrinked to the micro verse

Went into a coma, but actually his soul is trapped in hell

Got stuck out of time and is traveling through humankind's history
>>
Rolled 50 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44292071
Okay, so, whatever Thomas did, he suddenly gave everyone powers.

God damn, critfails are like 'I accidentally Pym'

As for good ol' Tim himself, god knows if he's comatose, on fire, just knocked out for a bit, sent to an alternate dimension, or teleported back in time.
>>
>>44292095
>>44292106
>>44292125

Not bad for his first time
>>
>>44292135
and people wanted that pym perk
>>
>>44292174
Now this is just what happens on accident. Imagine if we could do it intentionally, with direction.
>>
>>44292240
you sound like a super villan
>>
I return!

>>44292095
>>44292106
>>44292125
That was actually a success, wow. Writing.
>>
>>44292125
>>44292135
>>44292174
It was a very long shot, I like your ideas too. The pym perk, my god that would have been a worldwide event.

>>44292240
>>44292284
I like him.
>>
>>44292284
And you sound like someone who doesn't know how to sell superpowers
>>
File: Oh the possibilities.jpg (47 KB, 800x1445) Image search: [Google]
Oh the possibilities.jpg
47 KB, 800x1445
You made that ink float, maybe you can do it again. You begin focusing on the ink and it begins to crawl up the desk in tendrils of fluid. Thinking that you might be on a roll, you will it onto a blank sheet of paper and remember a bit of Shakespeare from your college days. The ink begins forming the letters into the paper, and soon you have a reasonable amount of Macbeth, or at least as you remember it. This is amazing, who could have guessed some two-bit writer was a Super?

Maybe there are some other things you can do with this. Your eyes glance to a cup of ballpoint pens, maybe you could use them as darts, but that wouldn't help get you anywhere other than where you are now. You don't know if you want to even be one of those heroes or villains, you just need a reliable source of income.

Then you sight a crumpled 5 dollar bill. Maybe you could fudge the numbers a bit to make it a hundred. You could do it to the paper you had on the desk with a thought, this might be just as easy. Then you see a small reference mannequin that belongs to your ex, she must've left it behind. Maybe you could somehow cover it in ink and make it move. If you can control ink, could you control it inside something like wood?

>You got the trait Creative: You can replicate anything you see on paper with your ppower

>The pens
>The bill
>The mannequin
>>
>>44292737
>>The bill
>>
>>44292737
>Try drawing something. Replicate a drawing of a wolf you saw onetime. Then, try to make it come alive.
We're totaly Sai now.
>>
>>44292737
>The mannequin
>>
>>44292783
>>The pens
This.
>>
>>44292783
>>44292904
Okay, This is going to be very hard.

roll 1d100-40
>>
Rolled 14 + 40 (1d100 + 40)

>>44292986
>>
Rolled 99 + 40 (1d100 + 40)

>>44292986
>>
Rolled 68 - 40 (1d100 - 40)

>>44292986
>>
>>44293001
>>44293026
>>44293030
Jesus, writing.
>>
>>44293026
GAH! I always forget the double -
>>
>>44293026
KEK
>>
File: Quick ThINKing.png (22 KB, 508x798) Image search: [Google]
Quick ThINKing.png
22 KB, 508x798
You get an even better idea, you reach for a pen and it flies to your grasp. You decide to not even draw something with it, instead breaking it open and dumping it on a blank page. You set to imagining a wolf that you saw as a kid and the ink replicates the image. It looks immaculate and pristine in silhouette, but then you think of a paw lifting off the paper and the wolf coming to life.

At first nothing happens, then the paper starts to shake and flies off of the desk. It lands and you hear a howl, then the left forepaw of the wolf rotates off of the paperit begins pulling itself off and eventually you end up with a small black wolf, the paper now empty. It canters around the paper a bit before collapsing into a puddle of ink.

Your head feels like it is being put through a vice and a small trickle of blood comes from your nose. you promptly plug it with tissue, but you should probably practice a bit more before trying something like that again.

Your clock reads 2:30 pm.

>Look for a job
>You're on a roll, try to do that with the mannequin!
>Go get something to eat, you're starving.
>Try to change that fiver to a franklin
>Write-in
>>
>>44293325

>Look for a job
An interesting job.
>>
>>44293325
>>Go get something to eat, you're starving.
>>You're on a roll, try to do that with the mannequin!
Eat something and practice at the same time.
>>
>>44293325
>Go get something to eat, you're starving
>>
>>44293325
>>Look for a job

>>Go get something to eat, you're starving.
>>
>>44293325
>Go get something to eat, you're starving.
>>
>>44293325
>Eat something, take some pills for headaches, practice just making increasingly complex images for now. You'll have your ink summons eventually, just need to practice.
>>
>>44293380
>>44293384
>>44293396
>>44293448
You're gonna go to eat, everything else is too divided. Writing
>>
You grab some money and get dressed to go outside, then you start making your way to where you normally go to have lunch. It helps that it's real cheap, but you would be lying if you said that Hoagie doesn't make a mean minnestrone. You make it to your normal stool at "Soup or Heroes" and order the special from your friend Hoagie. He looks exactly like anyone would expect a man named "Hoagie" to look, dressed with a stained apron and rather portly, but he was always nice on your tab, so he's cool.

"Ey Raph, howzit goin', ya see that lightnin' yesterday? Crazy right?" He smiles and hands you a plate with a large sandwich and some clam chowder.

"Yeah, it was insane, never been so scared in my life."

"Tore up the diner real good, but went outside this mornin' and there wasn't nothin' there! I tell ya Raph, this place gets stranger every day." He goes back into the kitchen and you smell a whiff of tomato soup as the door swings closed. You eat up your sandwich and soup, then stare at the bill a bit, luckily you brought enough. It may be the same price, but each day that same 7.50 looks bigger and bigger.

You're brought out of your thooughts by a screeching of tires and police sirens as you see an armored truck round the corner with a man laughing crazily from the front seat.

>Try to whip the pen on the counter into the truck's tire
>Ignore it and get back to paying
>Try to skip out on the bill during the commotion
>Write-in
>>
>>44293996
>>Try to whip the pen on the counter into the truck's tire
>>
>>44293996
>>Try to whip the pen on the counter into the truck's tire
>>
>>44293996
>>
>>44293996
>>
>>44294027
>>44294050
>>44294051
>>44294075
Okay, roll me 1d100 straight
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>44294168
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44294168
ok here goes nothing
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>44294168
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44294168
>>
>>44294186
>>44294199
>>44294207

Well, that armored truck is rip, jesus

Can we just play this guy forever instead? Apparently Ink wizards are OP
>>
>>44294185
>>44294186
>>44294199
>nothing
Well then, I'm going to write. Last update of the night.
>>
where the fuck where these rolls earlier
>>
Rolled 73 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

Almost forgot to roll for Hoagie.
>>
well hopefully we go back to thomas next thread because im board of this guy already
>>
Without even thinking you take the pen next to the bill and whip it at the tire of the armored truck, hoping to give it a flat and stop the car chase. Thanfully your aim is true and the pen hits the tire, causing a loud pop from the van. It then goes careening off the road and hits a fire hydrant before stopping, causing water to spray from the front of the car. The man who used to be laughing crawls out, bloody and injured, right into the waiting hands off the CCPD.

Hoagie looks with wide eyes and a gaping moouth at you, then smiles. You try to pay the bill, but Hoagie just hands you the money back. "Don't worry 'bout it Raph, probly saved a buncha peoples' scratch, least I can do is waive ya tab. I won't rat ya out, hero." You sheepishly take the money and begin the walk home, but the van catches your attention. Oddly enough, nobody is watching it and a bag of money fell out along the street corner.

This could keep you living comfy for at least a year.

>Meanwhile

You come to in a large, white room. Your eyes burn and everything hurts. A voice comes over the intercom.

"Good morning Mr. Cairn. Welcome to the FSA."

>Thread 17 END
>Congrats, thanks to your massive fuck-up you got a Plot Point
>Congrats, no Tech Points because you fucked up real bad
>Congrats, Innovation! - Artificial Supers?
>Congrats, wow, my god.

Plot Points next post.
>>
File: Fibin.png (359 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
Fibin.png
359 KB, 500x368
>You have one Plot Point

>Pym Power: Break-Downs are more catastrophic, but gain a plus 10 to Innovation (but not Instability). Makes nigh-impossible inventions possible.

>I've studied all your moves!: Grants a plus 10 to all rolls opposing any opponent that you have seen fight before. (regardless of mind-altering effects)

>Paperclips and Superglue: Gives the new action "Slap it together", which allows the creation of one-use inventions within the timespan of 1d100 seconds.

>AHAHAHAHA: Instability has a permanent plus 5, but Innovation gets a plus 10.

>Oh I get it now!: Convert one Plot Point to 3 Tech Points.

>Self-improvement: Choose a stat to give a plus 5 to.

>I ain't gotta explain shit: Permanently gain 10 Instability (but not Innovation) to increase Tech Points gained per thread by one.

>Madness Mode: When working Science in Madness Mode, the result roll for what you make has the critical success chance raised by 10. May make Thomas less coherent in the lab. May also cause weird outcomes to Tinkering.

>I always have a plan: People and Heroes look to you for leadership, orders you make in a crisis take priority.

Cont (1/2)
>>
>Danger Zone: +10 to aerial combat rolls or flight maneuvering, +5 to wearing sunglasses, increases effect of Alcohol

>I am a man of Science. +10 bonus whenever dealing with something magical... unless it's meant to help magic. Then take -10.

>Timebomb: Can now delay a breakdown for up to a day, so it goes off at a more appropriate time. Requires a Guts Check, but not as hard as normal.

>Tech we don't understand yet: Makes Magitech a valid research option at the cost of two Plot Points (1/2)

>Just breathe...: So long as you are not in a crisis, you have +15 to Guts.

>Schmooze: You can now gather investors and supporters with almost no effort. Business Tree is greatly improved at the cost of personal time.

>BEHOLD!: Grants +10 to all rolls after any dramatic entrance, smashing a wall makes it +20.

>I'm not an amateur: Grants +15 to all rolls while in suit, but may increase your ego and need to show off.
>>
>>44294599
>Pym Power
There will never be a more relevant time to do this than now.
>>
>>44294599
>Paperclips and Superglue: Gives the new action "Slap it together", which allows the creation of one-use inventions within the timespan of 1d100 seconds.
>>
>>44294614
>>I've studied all your moves!: Grants a plus 10 to all rolls opposing any opponent that you have seen fight before. (regardless of mind-altering effects)

no more problems like that agian
>>
>>44294614
>>Paperclips and Superglue: Gives the new action "Slap it together", which allows the creation of one-use inventions within the timespan of 1d100 seconds.
>>
>>44294599
>Paperclips and Superglue: Gives the new action "Slap it together", which allows the creation of one-use inventions within the timespan of 1d100 seconds

And people still vote for pym power?
Jesus fick come on
>>
>>44294614
>Pym Power: Break-Downs are more catastrophic, but gain a plus 10 to Innovation (but not Instability). Makes nigh-impossible inventions possible.
>>
>>44294645
The only way we'll keep fuckups from happening is if we understand the problem BEFORE it happens. So shut the fuck up you pussy.
>>
>>44294599
>>
>>44294667
if we had pym power that would have been a world event you dumbass
>>
>>44294667
>we'll keep fuckups from happening
nope this means a crit fail will be exponentially worse. Does not help averting it at all.
>>
>>44294599
>>Paperclips and Superglue: Gives the new action "Slap it together", which allows the creation of one-use inventions within the timespan of 1d100 seconds.
>>
>>44294667
You know what breakdowns are right?
It's not the critfailures, it's the "go fucking psychonuts".
You want us to go on a killingspree over donuts with too little sugar? (Ok hyperbole)

No but really, fuck you and fuck you very very much, you faggot.
>>
>>44294702
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>44294718
No, but maybe we'd be doing it on purpose instead.

I don't see a problem with this. Where's your sense of adventure you fucking square?
>>
>>44294614
>Tech we don't understand yet
>>
>>44294752
>sense of adventuring
Pym doesn't make critfails worse you amoeba, it makes psychological breakdowns worse.
>>
>>44294752
>Kill everyone for mispronouncing amoeba
>Square
aight
>>
File: Pym Power.gif (222 KB, 560x777) Image search: [Google]
Pym Power.gif
222 KB, 560x777
I'm going to cut off the vote here.
>>
>>44294614
>Tech we don't understand yet
>>
>>44294773
So? It makes things fun you inebriated monkeyfucker
>>
>>44294807
>"Fun"
>Going psycho, commit a murder suicide over a powdered doughnut

You just want to bad end the quest don't you?
>>
Well Paperclips and Superglue has it, that will probably not happen again. Anyways, how did you guys like the official return of SuperHuman Legacy Quest? I liked the part where you skipped half of my notes.
>>
>>44294807
>going nuts and killing your girlfriend is fun
>going nuts and creating a deathray to decimate Australia over shitposts is fun
>going nuts and cutting an ear off is fun
While the perk is attractive, we'd need to make breakdowns far more unlikely before we commited to it, fag
>>
>>44294845
Kekd, I liked it. Missed ot dearly, looking forward to more fun.

Actually liked the POV change bit.
>>
>>44294835
I believe your estimations of our temper is being greatly exaggerated.

>>44294845
I dislike the hatred of pym fun in this quest.
>>
>>44294876
>I believe your estimations of our temper is being greatly exaggerated.
Literally all it takes is 1 bad day and>>44294847 happens.
>>
>>44294845
not a fan of POV changes never have been but its good to have this back

>>44294876
>I believe your estimations of our temper is being greatly exaggerated.
we nearly took a guys arm off one brake down
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.