[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any comics about PLAYING games, not the actual games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 005[1].jpg (254 KB, 985x1400) Image search: [Google]
005[1].jpg
254 KB, 985x1400
Are there any comics about PLAYING games, not the actual games themselves? Much like Quick Start? Japanese or otherwise.

Not what I'm looking for: Things like Record of the Loddoss War, things based ON real campaigns, but told in-character the whole time. I enjoy it, but I feel like I'm more inspired to play the game when I'm watching other people have fun playing it.
>>
>>44283848
Houkago Saikoro Kurabu?
>>
Unrelated, but I want to say thanks to the anon who pimped TBZ in the last Quick Start thread. Been reading it, and it's pretty great.
>>
>>44283848
Knights of the Dinner Table.
>>
>>44286551
I've tried reading that before. I didn't particularly like it, cause they spent a good 200 front-ended panels playing a Western game, and I really dislike western themed stuff.
>>
>>44285062
TBZ?
>>
>>44287060
Tenra Bansho Zero, a Japanese RPG.

Anon talked about its neat karma system here (should be in the archives)
>>44260697
>>44260710
>>44260717

It has a really weird setting, but I like the system well enough
>>
>>44283848
You mean like the manga featuring our Queen of Despair? Wizard's Soul, a manga about playing not!MtG.
>>
>>44287861
>Queen of Despair?

Zawa zawa?
>>
>>44283848
Doujins never
>>
>>44288855
Fuck you
>>
>>44286963
Shame: they play game types as the mood strikes them. Usually they play Hackmaster (fantasy), but they also play sci-fi, western, supers, conspiracy modern, post-apoc, urban criminal, and paranoia, just to name a few.

Usually two or three games are going on simultaneously in each issue.
>>
>>44287861
Wizard's Soul is great, seconding.
>>
Related and I didn't want to make a new thread, but how is King of RPG's?
>>
>>44288105
KAIJI-KUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>44283848
Wizard's Soul is about card games such as MTG or Yu-Gi-Oh.
>>
Not a comic, but my friend likes the Wixoss anime.
>>
>>44283848
I'll never get over the fact that Sachi's hair isn't red.
>>
>>44298599
It's red in our hearts, anon.
>>
>>44283848
Saki

It's about mahjong and tits. And supernatural mahjong powers. But it does care a lot about the game
>>
By the Book - Star Trek: Enterprise novel
had some of the crew playing a rpg tabletop game, was fun to read
>>
>>44288855
We first need an anime
>>
There's "DM of the Rings" which reimagines the LoTR movies as if it were a campaign played by really dysfunctional players and its inspired deriatives, such as "Darth and Droids"

>>44293309
I only read the webcomic version... no real opinions on it because it ended abruptly due to being abandoned. Wish someone would scan the books into a PDF since I think that's where all the characters are first established and stuff.

Incidentally, the Artist also did some comics to promote D&D 4E that also relates to the theme of "comics about playing TRPGs" - you can grab them all from the WoTC's D&D site under Media -> Comics
>>
>>44298599
I always assumed it was green for some reason.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.