[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if the Emperor had just popped down to Angron's home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: Angron_updated.jpg (565 KB, 1044x1349) Image search: [Google]
Angron_updated.jpg
565 KB, 1044x1349
What if the Emperor had just popped down to Angron's home world with all the War Hounds to help them defeat the slavers?
>>
Angron would still have been a broken primarch
>>
He would be mad about something else
>>
>>44279793
>Emperor
>Not being a selfish cunt
Wut?
>>
>>44279793
An useless waste of resources
Angron would still have the nails and fall to khorne
>>
>>44279916

The emperor didn't know it though, he refused to believe the Heresy could happen and thought Angron would make a good commander.
>>
I think the real game changer would have been to leave Kor phaeron behined.
>>
>>44279927
He planned it from the start, but people he expected to go traitor didn't and people he expected to keep left.
>>
>Leave behind Kor Phaeron and/or remove him
>Fight with Angron and lead his forces to victory
>Praise Lorgar's work in reinforcing human will
>Cut out the mutative cancer of Sanguinius
>Make Alpharion Warmaster
What else could the Emperor have done to save the Great Crusade?
>>
>>44279964
>Cut out the mutative cancer of Sanguinius

Well then he should kill himself, the big ole golden mutant.
>>
>>44279793

Look, I'll point out: Why didn't the Emperor help Angron? Because all of Angron's men were Khorne-tainted. The Emperor made an EXCEPTION for Angron, because Angron was his son.

The rest of 'em? They were going to have to die. They were all corrupted. In hindsight, this actually means the Emperor was TOO compassionate - He should have killed Angron too. But instead, he gave Angron another chance and tried to fix him...And look how that turned out.

Really, if 40K proves anything, it proves that if someone shows signs of being a fuckhead, you should kill him. All the 'good' Primarchs were clearly stable, and all the 'evil' ones were just as visibly fucked. People like Kurze and Lorgar should have been aborted. Even the more sympathetic ones, like Magnus? The Emperor should have killed him. Remember, no Magnus, no Webway breach.

In fact, the whole story promotes "Kill first, ask questions later." There is never a situation that could not be improved by killing the likely suspects.
>>
>>44279985
So why didn't he just have Leman Russ kill Angron? I mean, he didn't have a problem killing 2 other Primarchs.
>>
>>44279983
His mutation doesn't drive his genesons insane.
>>
>>44280044
Well, his parenting skills certainly did the job.
>>
>>44279985
...and Perturabo? Did the Emperors compassion lead to his corruption too?
>>
>>44280010
Ignoring that Angron beat down Russ. Angron and his Legion was REALLY good at brutally destroying everything. Garnering such a reputation that rebellions and planets would fall at the mere threat of Angron being sent to deal with them.
>>
>>44279964
Given Perturabo weekends and a 'well done' sticker.
>>
>>44279985
>all the 'evil' ones were just as visibly fucked.
What was wrong with Horus?
>>
>>44280115
He just went dumb in the moment for daddy issues despite not being that sort of person before
>>
>>44280115
Chaos Ex Machina
>>
>>44279985
Why didn't he keep an eye on Angron anyway? Surely he would have noticed what a maniac the guy was. I'd have kept him under surveillance for sure. Instead he just gives him a giant army and then leaves him to do whatever.
>>
File: cmonzerks.jpg (1005 KB, 600x7077) Image search: [Google]
cmonzerks.jpg
1005 KB, 600x7077
>>44279793
The funny thing about the original Index Astartes lore is that it didn't even seem to consider that this was a possibility.

>For the next few years, many such forces were sent against Angron's slave army and each one was defeated, cut to pieces by the psychotic fury of the cybernetically enhanced warriors. But attrition and hunger were taking their toll on the slaves and soon they numbered less than a thousand. On a mountain named Fedan Mhor, as darkness fell, Angron was finally surrounded by no less than five vastly superior armies and it looked as though the slave rebellion was finally over. Not even the Primarch could stand against such numbers and the following day's battle would surely see him dead.

>It was around this time that the Emperor came to this world, drawn by the psychic aura of the Primarch. The Emperor had observed Angron in secret from orbit for some time, watching with pride as he led the slaves in battle. Now he descended to the planet's surface, offering Angron leadership of the World Eaters Space Marine Legion and a place at his side. But, to the Emperor's surprise, Angron refused. His place was here, with his fellow slaves, and he would die before deserting them. Angron and the slaves dug their graves during the night, a signal to their enemies that they would fight to the death rather than surrender. The Emperor knew that even though Angron was a Primarch, he would perish in the coming battle and, bringing his ship into low orbit, teleported Angron away from Fedan Mhor. Without their leader, the morale of the slaves was destroyed and the following morning they were slaughtered by the combined armies of the planet's rulers. In space, as the Great Crusade continued, Angron eventually took command of the World Eaters, but never forgave the Emperor for his abduction from the planet and what he saw as a betrayal of his martial honour.
>>
>>44280229
Because Angron could still be directed at enemies of the Imperium. If Angron ever got out of hand the Emperor could just send any two other Primarchs to take him down, Angrons methods of war would make such an event a rather quick one, not some drawn out confrontation. Till then, having a fast and rabid force so destructive that doesn't turn a planet into an inhospitable wasteland is something I'm sure many people can appreciate.
>>
>>44280271
>offering Angron leadership of the World Eaters Space Marine Legion
"Thanks dad! I'll just use my new giant army to win this little war and then I'll be right with ya. WAR HOUNDS! Kill the slavers!"
>>
>>44280271
Emperor legitimately just comes across as autistic in a lot of the fluff. His inability to understand other people's emotions and motivations was the main reason for the heresy when you come right down to it.

How could Angron wanting to stick with the slaves honestly be a shocking outcome for anyone with a basic understanding of human nature.
>>
>>44279985
Is there actually any source for the gladiators being Khorne tainted?

It keeps popping up, but I can never find a source.
>>
>>44280537
They've all been brain damaged to a point where they feel nothing but hate and rage. The only thing preventing them from falling to Khorne is ignorance of his existence.
>>
>>44280558
Problem here is, that would mean they were not tainted by Chaos then and they would be in the same boat as Angron. Read After Desh'ea, it is quite clear that they were quite sound, joking with each other and happy. There are even references to the nature of the gladiators in Betrayer.

It was probably more a case of "Angron you cunt, you just killed one of my guards. Fuck you, you are grounded you shit."

And then simply did not give to shits and fucked off, away from the planet.
>>
>>44280010

Actually, the thing about it is: EVERYONE agrees the two Lost Primarchs were a good kill. Even LORGAR agrees that they had to die.

Leman Russ went out of his way not to kill Angron, when he could have.

>>44280069

I really don't know. Perturabo's portrayal is extremely inconsistent. Compare The Crimson Fist (autistic robot man) with Angel Exterminatus and the Iron Within short story. I can't make out anything about him.
>>
He'd still see Big E as a slaving cunt that he is.

It's probably why he didn't tho, better to have a primarch serve through hate rather than not at all.
>>
>>44280654

You moppet, Angron was his son. The Emperor loves his sons. He even held back against Horus when the fate of the galaxy, and the ultimate victory of Chaos, was at stake. The sentimental old sod knew that if he didn't win, humanity - and the universe - was damned forever. But he still couldn't do it until Oll (apparently) made a suicide charge.
>>
>>44280619
>Leman Russ went out of his way not to kill Angron, when he could have.

He could have, but he would have been dead first. And his Legion would have followed Russ to the grave.

How do people still see this as what happened?
It is made quite clear, as much as ADB tried to tell otherwise, that Angron and the World Eaters would have completely destroyed the Space Wolves and Russ.

Russ cowered out, Angron told him straight up to kill him or run, and he ran like a coward. Russ did not go out of his way to not kill Angron, he literally went out of his way.. back to his ship and fled.
>>
>>44279952
Which of those did he expect to go traitor did not go traitor?
>>
>>44279964
Talk to Magnus about the Chaos gods.
Bitchslap the fenrisian yiffmaster.
>>
File: Stormfag Gunship.png (1 MB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Stormfag Gunship.png
1 MB, 720x960
>>44280926
>Bitchslap the fenrisian yiffmaster.

What, again?
>>
>>44279793
Things probably would have gone slightly better for awhile
>>
>>44280906
I wouldn't be surprised if he expected Girlyman to betray him under the pre-tense of "I can run this empire better than you".
Also, Leman Russ looks like he had a few screws loose.
>>
>>44279985
I generally agree with you, but I will point out Sanguinius. Everyone agree's Sanguinius is based, and he was mutated as fuck
>>
>>44280312
>Using a DLC army
Absolutely Dishonourable
>>
>>44280718
>My interpretation is somehow better than the author's

Huh...
>>
>>44280326
Well, the Emperor was giving a substantially larger fighting force that could have helped him win against the slavers.
>>
>>44282598
>tripfag
>honourable

haha, no.
>>
>>44279985
The problem with your interpretation is that it doesn't account for Horus, and without him the Heresy would have been nothing more than a setback.

Angron or Kurze going renegade would have caused a lot of damage to a handful of planets and then been put down by Russ or Horus himself.

Had Lorgar failed to turn Horus he would have been very rapidly destroyed.

Mortarion or Purturabo never could have influenced the others to turn.

Only Horus was respected and influential enough to turn half the Imperial forces against the Emperor, and nobody was more dependable and balanced than him.
>>
>>44279964
>Make Alpharion Warmaster
>The persons who molded his entire chapter to act without his guidance or even without any order at all
>Put him in charge of knowing where everyone is operating and how efficiently and where to order them next

That is a terrible idea.
>>
>>44283145
Never really understood the point of the Alpha Legion. Supposedly they are secretly working against Chaos, but nothing ever comes of it.
>>
>>44279793
You are trying too hard to logically deconstruct a badly written story.
If the emperor had acted slightly different in a myriad of badly shoehorned incidents much of the backstory of 40K would change radically - hence why all these are retardedly badly written.
>>
>>44283181
The point of the Alpha Legion is that you never know anything about them.
They are all Alpharius, and none of them is Alpharius, except for the two that actually ARE Alpharius, and even then they may be either Alpharius or Omegon, or both, or neither.

They fight against Chaos, and for Chaos, because such is the nature of confusion and misdirection.

Signed, Alpharius. Possibly.
>>
>>44279793
What if the Emperor had just popped down to Angron's home world with all the War Hounds to help them defeat the rebels?
>>
>>44283381
Probably wiser in the long run.
>>
>>44280044
At least 4 of his sons are certifiably insane
>>
>>44280069

Perturabo would've been removed in the end, he liked democracy too much for Imperium's liking and was way too bitter even though he got shit done and was technology wise a genius.
>>
>>44279811
Less broken.
>>
>>44282620
>Interpretation

Nope, read it, It pretty much shows that the World Eaters destroy them. And would have erased them, but authors can't show one side better than the other, so they chuck Lorgar in to act like a faggot
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.