[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want my 5e players to fuck with Thor Stat him /tg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
I want my 5e players to fuck with Thor

Stat him /tg/
>>
>>44278530
>5e
Wizard 20
>>
Take the Solar stat block, swap its greatsword for a maul, swap all fire and radiant damage it deals for lightning damage, make it immune to lightning damage. Maybe give it call lightning and lightning bolt at-will.
>>
>>44278530
He's a god, bro. He doesn't need stats, just make shit up as you go along.
>>
>that swastika
Can historybros enlighten me here?
>>
>>44278722
It was a holy symbol for thousands of years before Nazis took it, anon. Google it.
>>
File: 20110614-121646[1].jpg (65 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
20110614-121646[1].jpg
65 KB, 400x400
>>44278722
The swastika had lots of meaning in lots of different cultures before Hitler appropriated it anon
>>
>>44278735
>>44278737
I meant the specific context.
>>
>>44278754
"As it was used by the Germanic peoples, the swastika was so closely tied to two other symbols, the sunwheel and Thor’s hammer, that the three were practically interchangeable.

The sunwheel (Old Norse sólarhvél), like the swastika, was found throughout the Indo-European world – that is, Bronze Age and Iron Age Europe and parts of Asia. Among the Celts, for example, the two symbols are generally found in the same archaeological context, occurring next to or in place of a depiction of a sky god in engravings and statues."
>>
>>44278754
Well, if my Mythology is right, that's the belt Thor wore which allowed him to be able to wield it, So I'd guess it and the other stuff on it are symbols of strengthe and shit like that.
>>
>>44278774
>>44278781
Thanks guys.
And sorry for the potential /pol/ batsignal.
>>
File: mesa_squeeze_them.jpg (72 KB, 699x791) Image search: [Google]
mesa_squeeze_them.jpg
72 KB, 699x791
>>44278737
The swastika will always be tainted by Hitler, just as Star Wars will always be tainted by Jar Jar.

Shit happens, get over it.
>>
>>44278530
Meh, whoever wrote up Deities and Demigods clearly never played with munchkins or the Unearthed Arcana.
>>
>>44279027
Granted, do have to take into account the bit in the opening that says all gods can do Limited Wish and interdimensionally teleport "at will"... Which made most of the stats kinda superfluous.
>>
>>44279015
I'm pretty sure anon was just explaining, not lamenting.
>>
>>44278737
>Go home Celts, you're drunk.
>>
File: Impact5.jpg (25 KB, 400x438) Image search: [Google]
Impact5.jpg
25 KB, 400x438
>>44278530
>I want my 5e players to fuck with Thor
>players
>fucking with Thor

Now THAT'S a spiritual experience right there, OP
>>
>>44278737
>Jewish swastika.

I know its juvenile but I find that so very funny.
>>
>>44278530

Even if Norse gods can be beaten by mortals, do you really want to stat him?
>>44278781

Thor needed both the belt and his magical iron gauntlets to lift and wield Mjolnir.

Several people, including a few Jötnar and Thor's own son, could lift it without problem on their own power.
>>
>>44278530
Fuck him in a fight or fuck him in bed OP?
>>
>>44280524
Maybe they had more Giant blood in them. Thor was stronger than Loki because he was half Giant.
>>
>>44280524
When the mjolnir was miniaturized, even thor could bring him around in the pocket of his shirt.
>>
>>44278530
wait does 5e still not have dieties and demigods

what the fuck do they have
>>
>>44279027
Aren't those just their avatars?
>>
>>44280556
>Thor stronger than Loki
right there
>Because he was half-giant
hold the fuck up here anon? Because who was half-giant? Loki? Because Thor certainly wasn't half-giant or any more-giant than papa Odin.
Thor is the son of Odin and Fjorgyn, or in some depictions the earth itself.(Odin went down to earth, fucked a cave, Thor and Frigg were born)

You gotta get your mythology on straight before answering in these sorts of threads anon.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.