[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you're the only person that thanks the ST/GM after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1449303862679.jpg (192 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449303862679.jpg
192 KB, 1280x720
>tfw you're the only person that thanks the ST/GM after each session
Feels weird man. Is this a cultural thing?

Do you thank your GMs or do you consider showing up enough of a thanks?
>>
>>44269732
My players from all over the world thank me after sessions. It's an online game.

One from germany, couple from the US, one in Canada.
>>
>>44269732
I don't make a big deal of it but I say thanks after ever session, yeah.
>>
Generally friends don't thank each other for hanging out with each other.
>>
I'm sleeping with my GM. Haven't heard a single "thanks" after sex.
>>
I thank my players by sleeping with them, a different one every week.
>>
i generally don't say thank you because i'm not especially grateful for the chance to play and would be just as well off if we stopped meeting altogether

i do give praise after particularly atmospheric sessions though, or immediately after displays of cleverness
>>
>>44270278

Maybe you need to get good. Try anal.
>>
It's pretty awkward to thank the GM afterwards. We usually keep the skype call going for several hours after game time, the banter is thanks enough for us.

>>44270278
>>44270327
cucked
>>
>>44270613

We're both dudes. So anal IS what we've been doing. Dude is the fussiest bottom I've ever been with though.
>>
I usually thank the GM when I can remember to and it's not too awkward to do so. Usually I just forget, because I tend to spend time with my group after the game is done too.

>>44270523
I'm pretty sure nobody in your group likes you.

You do realize this is a social hobby, right?
>>
>>44270934

Then get good.
>>
>>44270327
So that's why people have been saying 7 players is the absolute maximum group shall ever have and even 6 is already pretty difficult to manage?
>>
>>44270969
different groups are comfortable with different thinks. if I said "thanks" after a session with guys I've been questing with for 19 years, it'd be fucking weird. I feel weird getting thanked, too.
>>
>>44269732
After every game the GM says something to the effect of, "well I guess that about does it, had a great time,"
and every time the whole party says, "thanks man, we had fun too; thanks for running it!"
and then there are warm fuzzies for a minute and a half
it's great
>>
>>44271210
I can't even imagine this. me and my group just aren't touchy-feely guys, I guess.
>>
>>44269732
On one hand, I realize now that I've never thanked any of my GMs and I feel a bit bad about it personally. Sometimes I'll mention if a session was notably good, but even then I don't really make it a warm thing.

On the other hand, thinking over it a bit, thanking the GM seems a little bit questionable when they're usually in it for their sake as much as yours. Not every GM actually puts in more effort than the players might as well, so it's probably better to think of it on a case by case basis instead of making it a regular thing.
>>
>>44270969
>You do realize this is a social hobby, right?
yeah, that's why i show up, because people have more fun with more people around, and my character provides additional dialogue for them to banter with

i fucking wish nobody in my group liked me, then i could call it mutual and leave, but as far as I can read the situation that's not the case and I'm concerned that my departure would leave the gaming group with subcritical mass
>>
I thank my DM for inviting me over as a guest, but this is an IRL game with friends.
>>
>>44269732
That always comes off as empty courtesy more than anything, every time I've seen it.

I'd much much rather have people tell me something they enjoyed about the session, or start discussing how it went, or any number of things. That shows me that you're actually interested and engaged. 'thank you for the session' tells me you're trying to be polite. Which is better than acting like an asshole, but it doesn't mean much to me.
>>
>>44271853
That said, one thing I'd appreciate being thanked for is running regularly. If you've got a GM that makes it his job to run the weekly game regularly without cancelling? That he deserves thanks for. Because I'll tell you right now that it's hard, and it's something players never ever voice appreciation for.
>>
>>44269732
Usually if I'm playing a game in person I'll thank the DM, but that's usually just as much for being the host as for actually DMing.

If I'm playing online I'll usually just say it was fun.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.