[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /multiclass/ master race here? Doing 3.5 with a Fighter/Rogue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: fighter rogue.jpg (13 KB, 160x225) Image search: [Google]
fighter rogue.jpg
13 KB, 160x225
Who /multiclass/ master race here? Doing 3.5 with a Fighter/Rogue

>tfw went for 16 STR and WIS
>lvl fighter to 4, get zen archery and bow strength
>then keep lvling rogue to rack up them sneak attacks and wis skills
>>
That's nice, but it's nowhere near masterful where 3.5 is concerned. Have fun, I guess?
>>
>Zen Archery with a fighter with equal strength and wisdom
>>
That's not exactly a good example of 3.5 multiclassing.
>>
>>44269573
You could have assigned the 16s to STR and DEX.

Now you don't need a feat to shoot with a +3 ability modifier, you get +3 to your AC, and DEX has a ton of skills.
>>
>>44269657
This to be desu, you wasted resources with subpar classes, OP, good job on hindering yourself even more.
>>
>>44269573
>Lvl 4 Fighter just to get Zen Archery

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>44269573
Should've played a caster, bro.
>>
>>44269657
>>44269728
Nah nah lads, I wanted to wear heavy armour instead of the DEX AC bonus, and it's two feats, not one, for both attack and damage roll on a bow, which I can't have with just DEX.
>>
>>44269903
1. You can still use heavy armors with 16 on Str and Dex, you lose NOTHING
2. You don't need to waste any feat and you still gonna hit the same as you do now
You basically dun goofed, face it
>>
>>44269903
>Rogue
>Sneak attack
>Heavy armor
>Doesn't want dex to AC

You dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>44269903
>I wanted to wear heavy armour instead of the DEX AC bonus
Why use DEX when you can use armor to achieve the same effect with added penalties, amirite?

>it's two feats, not one, for both attack and damage roll on a bow
So you're wasting two feats instead of just one, because composite bows exist...
>>
>>44269903
Thanks for making our point even more
>>
>>44269573
>that
>mastering anything
Anon, your party wizard must be really nice to do the RIDICULOUS amount of buffing to keep you competent.
>>
Why didn't you just go Cloistered Cleric if you cared about optimizing?
>>
>>44269903

You could have created an archer cleric instead.

Archer clerics are tier 1 archer-spellcasters who are highly capable both in and out of battle, although they suffer somewhat at the lower levels due to their feat-intensivity.

http://dictummortuum.blogspot.com/2011/08/quickstart-cleric-archer.html
>>
>>44269573
Yet another reason why I just can't get myself to enjoy 3.x
>>
>>44269903
Wearing a breastplate with 16 DEX gives you a bonus of +8 to your AC. The only way to match that with heavy armor is to go with full plate, at 7.5 times the price and with several other penalties.

You're not good at this. Do your thing and have fun, but never boast about this shit.
>>
Woah, OP, you literally dug your own grave

I hope the rest of your group is worse at 3.5 than you, otherwise you're going to have a bad time
>>
>>44269573
Yep I know what you mean, I went 6 Str warforged monk with adamantine plating, picked finesse, then insighful strike and then improve trip, gonna be awesome
>>
File: 1448834563818.png (137 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448834563818.png
137 KB, 773x1000
What are some actualy capable builds for Fighter/Rogue/Wizard multiclass ?
>>
>>44270270
>fighter/rogue/wizard

At that point, you may as well be playing a factotum instead, or perhaps a cloistered cleric.
>>
Shiter Razorclaw+Longtooth Spirit lion totem Whirling Frenzy barbarian1/Scout4/Ranger1/Warshaper4

Feats worth mentioning: Razorclaw elite, Longtooth elite, improved skirmish, Swift hunter, shifter savagery

I know is nothing creat, but I'm having fun, any recommendation in what to level next?
>>
>>44270270
Fighter 0/Rogue 0/Wizard however many you like
>>
>>44270270
If you want to be a gish and you clearly don't know how to build it, play full duskblade
>>
>>44270287

That seems like a highly convoluted way to go about a melee Swift Hunter build, at which point you may as well be playing a Tome of Battle class instead (possibly with the Bloodclaw Master prestige class, which has synergy with a shifter).

What exactly are you aiming for here?
>>
>>44270367
>Convoluted
I just pounce Claw/Claw/Bite with extra 4d6 to each with 30 on Str (without counting magic items). Bloodclaw doesn't really give me anything that I want.

When I started I was thinking on weretouched master as my cap, but they I learnt that it was nerfed into oblivion and now is utterly shit, so I reached a point in where I dunno what to do, probably keep going ranger or maybe frenzied berserker for more Str!
>>
File: 1449600181798.png (34 KB, 732x606) Image search: [Google]
1449600181798.png
34 KB, 732x606
ok brehs reconsidered my build since I forgot about the composite bow thing.

So how about I do the first two levels fighter, get the heavy armor, weapon proficiencies, hitpoints, extra feats including toughness, zen archery so on so forth, and then level rogue for sneak attacks. Heh? Heh? Sounds too good to be true right? Nobody is gonna be able to stop me.
>>
>>44270270
Druid 20, maybe even wizard 20.
>>
>>44270431

If you are aiming for a pouncer build (which it seems like you are), is there any reason you are not just investing in the standard Shock Trooper, Leap Attack, and possibly Battle Jump (depending on your GM's ruling with regards to regional feats) line of feats?
>>
>>44269573
>playing 3.5
>2015
>masterrace
You're naught but primordial soup.
>>
>>44270447
I don't know if you genuinely don't know what you're doing or you're just trolling at this point.

Spoiler alert: Zen Archery is not for Fighters. You don't fucking need it. You don't need toughness either, you're a Fighter. And if you're going to sneak attack, heavy armor is only going to fuck you over. Just stop. You're hurting daddy.
>>
>>44270482
Because I want to be a shifter and shift on every combat if possible, and to do that I need to pick as many shifter feats as possible, otherwise I can only shift (and have 2 claws and 1 bite) once a day, I deviated from the tipical charger a little, yes.

To be a shifter pretty much requires to invest all your feats on racial feats (each one gives you one extra turn, you get one extra shift per day per 2 feats), they aren't half bad though.
>>
>>44270447
>Extra feats including toughness
This is bait
>>
>>44270431
>weretouched master
>Lets nerft a PrC that can turn into a lycanthrope twice per day for a couple of turns when FUCKING CASTERS GOT POLYMORPH PRETTY MUCH AT WILL 3 LEVELS EARLIER

I wish wotc exploded and all their workers died on a fire
>>
>>44270511
No no, I understand why people are shocked because no one has been bold enough to make a build like this. I mean I wanted to be a rogue in the first place, but then I thought I don't want to just have skills, pick locks and disarm traps. And it's quite a squishy class. Then came the idea of adding a little bit of fighter to make it more of a flank character than a sneaky character. The hit points and feats will pay off later, it's basically just balancing out an otherwise weak class.
>>
>>44270583
It's a caster world, you're just living on it.
>>
>>44270627
Add a few Truenamer levels then.
>>
>>44270583
Don't worry, the D&D branch of WotC is already dying a slow ignominious death at the hands of Mike "i am almost literally blinded by nostalgia" Mearls.
>>
>>44270627
You're trully a pioneer, an explorer of the unknown and a sailor of untested waters. Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>44270657
But I have 8 INT
>>
>>44270583
At that level a druid can turn into whatever he wants, for example a 12 headed cryohidra which is way stronger than a shitty lycanthrope, like 7 times per day that last 15 hours each, not even joking, 100% serious and 120% sad.
>>
>>44269573
>Sneak attack
>With bow
Keks were had
>>
>>44270866
bruh you never play Skyrim? It's just like that.
>>
>>44270892
Yep, sorry, I forgot we were talking about skyrim. Don't forget to steal from ghosts.
>>
File: 1450153813240.jpg (87 KB, 900x695) Image search: [Google]
1450153813240.jpg
87 KB, 900x695
>>44270270
Races of Destiny's Chameleon prestige class. Rogue first so that the skills you need are class skills, then dip the other two before going into the PrC and grabbing a racial SLA for a caster level to qualify for crafting feats so that you'll have a magical toolkit to make your setup more adaptable.

Be whatever you need to that day.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.