[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question, is Rabanastre effectively like Sharn in terms of its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: LI7nK4c.jpg (521 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
LI7nK4c.jpg
521 KB, 1920x1080
Question, is Rabanastre effectively like Sharn in terms of its stratified neighborhoods, theme, guilds & everyday living?
>>
Is Balfonheim a nice place to live, despite being home to pirates?
>>
>>44267142
I think it could be as long as you lay your head down low. The biggest problem I'd see is if you were raising a family on a limited income and your child was pressured into joining due to lack of opportunity.
>>
>>44267142
Well, even dumb animal wouldn't shit where it sleeps.
Pirate wouldn't plunder where he lives.
>>
>>44267110
No. Sharn is a caricature designed for easy story-telling. Rabanastre is more like a functioning city with inexplicably huge sewers. At least until you realize the entire city is just a prison for 1-2 fallen gods.
>>
>>44267207
I see a lot of parallels between the two truth be told. Still, I'd love to drink tea and eat pastry in a cafe located in the upper Menthis plateau as I read a book.

Think of the view it would afford you, looking through the muslin adorned columns, a striking contrast of the brilliant azure of the sky against stone colonnades, blind arcades hewn into the bulwark of spires adorned with pennants and the garish colors of guilds
>>
File: Quayside_court.png (2 MB, 1278x957) Image search: [Google]
Quayside_court.png
2 MB, 1278x957
>>44267173
>>44267171
The place actually seems like one of the nicer places to actually live, yeah there's pirates but you're not under the thumb of Archadia and nothing actually bad happens there.
>>
>>44267110
I think my love of Sharn and Rabanastre is mostly due to the fact that I love cities and the approach to them in RPGs that they should be stratified, defined and laid bare for the player to explore.
>>
File: 112003_fftwelve_inline3.jpg (87 KB, 358x509) Image search: [Google]
112003_fftwelve_inline3.jpg
87 KB, 358x509
>>44267309
Give me the Imperial City of Archades

So much to explore, so many people to meet.
>>
>>44267601
But that class division, after going through Old Archades and Lower Archades how could you ever want to stay there knowing others are suffering?
>>
>>44268412
There's class division everywhere, that being said there certainly are better ways of addressing it. In the case of total class warfare.

Lower Archades though? Those prole...
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.