[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How and why the fuck is he a lord of war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Imotehk_the_Stormlord.jpg (83 KB, 536x610) Image search: [Google]
Imotehk_the_Stormlord.jpg
83 KB, 536x610
How and why the fuck is he a lord of war
>>
>>44266726
He is a hyper-logical strategist who throws lightening at people.

Why not?
>>
>>44266726
the most influential of factions' leaders are put into lord of war regardless of the actual impact of the miniature on the field.
despite representing well the one of a kind type these characters represent, I can bet my ass it was intended to make people who don't like to use the LoW slot familiarize with it more and eventually fall to the power creep of escalating super heavies and the associated big money.
>>
>>44266726
Technically unless you are using that slot for a transcendent Ctan it is an advantage, you get an extra hq slot.
>>
Didn't the Deceiver strand him on Medusa V, in the middle of a warp storm? How is he still around?

Moreover, how is he still in command of anything after that disaster?
>>
>>44268222
A lot of hyper-logical Just as Planned!
>>
>>44266765
>hyper-logical
I know that's from the codex, but damn it sounds stupid...
>>
>>44266726
Have you seen the Blood Angel Codex?
Dante and Gabriel Seth.
>>
>>44268222
some Lord probably noticed he was missing and figured the most regular-logical place his Overlord would be. Necrons are the race least concerned about warp storms. Unless the Deceiver put him there from a completely different place.
>>
>>44266726
Well who's gonna tell him he can't be the Lord of War? Not me, that's for sure
>>
>>44266726
40Kiddies need cheesy titles on exaggerated individuals, because a bunch of galaxy-spanning conflicts is obviously all about a small number of heroic and villainous individuals.
And never mind that Imhotep, the guy they named him after, was a chancellor, high priest, poet, philosopher, physician, engineer, and architect, with no connections to war as far as I know.
>>
Spooky scary skellingtons
>>
>Not using Trazyn

It's like you WANT tarpits to mulch you.
>>
File: Medusa-V-Necrons.jpg (2 MB, 2406x1678) Image search: [Google]
Medusa-V-Necrons.jpg
2 MB, 2406x1678
>>44268222
Different cron, different era of cron lore.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070313201219/http://medusav.uk.games-workshop.com/campaign/factions/necrons/necrons-c.htm

>Winds howled across a purple sky now dominated by the approaching storm. Sand and debris ripped across the cold desert ground. The Herald of the Storm stood amid it all on glossy, melted rock; his golden cloak now just a collection of pitiful threads dancing in the gale. The state of the cloak mirrored the state of his grand designs.

>The shattered wreckage of a huge pylon littered the area around him. Countless such constructs lay across the planet, but only a handful were operational – far too few for the Great Work. Almost all had by now been destroyed in battle or reduced to scrap that only the Krork could use. Even the great Tomb Stalker lay in ruins.

>He had lain dormant for millennia waiting for this moment. With his goals torn apart like the pylon around him, he now stood, energies almost depleted, not knowing what action to take next. Only his eyes burned with his hatred for the living.

>The Herald examined the remnants of his host. Scarabs and Tomb Spyders still laboured mindlessly, having received no instruction to cease their efforts. The remaining Warriors stood ready to defend against attacks that were unlikely to come on this abandoned planet. His eyes caught his reflection in a glassy obsidian slab to his side. His metallic visage stared back at him. Then…it rippled.

>The Herald leaned away as his own reflection emerged before him, rising into the air. Silvered metal reconfigured and grew into a huge golden humanoid, glistening with multihued flashes of light. The shimmering lengths of draping cloth writhed in a fashion that could not be explained by the buffeting winds.

>At the sight of this golden-skinned being, the Herald of the Storm knelt and all of the other Necrons lowered their faces toward the ground in a gesture of abasement.
>>
File: Imotekh-the-Stormlord.jpg (1 MB, 2312x1621) Image search: [Google]
Imotekh-the-Stormlord.jpg
1 MB, 2312x1621
>>44270571

>The Herald watched as the C’tan looked at the ruined pylon for a moment, its ancient golden visage twisting into a grimace of rage. “Failure,” it boomed, with a voice that carried endless millennia of malice and contempt. “What I could have gained here…is lost now.” The merciless gaze turned to the Necron Lord. It reached out its hand and the Herald’s Warscythe leapt from his grasp, pulling the Storm Lord to his feet.

>“You no longer need or deserve this,” and with those words the device disappeared into the golden-skinned figure, melding into its form.

>The glittering figure looked upward, and the Herald of the Storm noticed that it gave the briefest shudder as if the warp energies were leaching the warmth from its body. Then the gaze returned. “You know the price of failure and have sealed your own fate,” it said, a smile growing on its face. “You are my Storm Herald and so you will remain, anchored here as these baleful waves break upon this world.” Its smile was fully formed now.

>“I have lingered here long enough and have more fruitful enterprises elsewhere.” It made a simple gesture, and the other Necrontyr and their devices glimmered briefly and winked away.

>“Should vitality remain after the Warp entities have picked at your essence, I shall return. Eventually.” The smile now widened viscously. “Then, your true punishments will begin...” Another gesture, and the mercurial god shimmered in the air and the Herald was alone.

>He registered one last emotion as his metallic shell grew stiff, leaving him aware but immobile. One barely remembered from millions of years ago, when he last walked as a living being.

>Sheer terror.
>>
>>44268941

It means making the choice of tearing off an arm if it means long term survival for example. No scrupules or hesitation, just go for the best result no matter what.
>>
>>44266726
Because even orks stump him!
>>
>>44270345
But he sucks now. Like, completely blows ass. His mod destroying abilities took a serious nerf.
>>
>>44266726
He's described as liking to duel his opponents in the fluff. Force some reason that huge very obviously bladed weapon only shoots, it has no close combat capabilities at all. Just make it also count as a warscythe and you have yourself a pretty fearsome combatant as he should be.
>>
>>44267391
Supers are often cheaper points per dollar than most basic units, though, if not necessarily cost-effective. Apoc games are fun, too, and it's not like GW makes shitty models aside from Finecast.
>>
>>44268138
>you get an extra hq slot.
Sorry, but help me out here.

I have never seen anyone struggle with too few HQs, outside of cheesemongering quad DPs or Flyrants. Why do you ever need more than 2 HQs?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.