[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars General - 'Absolutely Nothing Going On' Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: tumbleweed dry.jpg (851 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumbleweed dry.jpg
851 KB, 1600x1200
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, Lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>44255062

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/nXspTQRn
>>
first for that tumbleweed is a traitor
>>
File: 1450501705088.png (215 KB, 538x540) Image search: [Google]
1450501705088.png
215 KB, 538x540
>>44266621
Face me, tumbleweed!
>>
>>44266608
I know, right? There's no new Rebels episode, there was only one comic release, nobody I follow is making content this week.

Ugh, come on, Internet! FEED MY ADDICTION!
>>
You are weeeak Kylo
>"Sh-shut up dad you can't tell me what I am! BAAWWWWW!"
>>
god damn it, I want to watch the new movie but it's not out where I live.

Is there a link online, even if it is shitty phone cam quality?
>>
>>44266608
How much XP is appropriate for spending on improving characteristics during chargen in Fantasy Flight Star Wars?
>>
>>44266759
Dump as much as it as possible, since you don't really get to raise stats later on
>>
File: 1439179875288141204.gif (4 MB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
1439179875288141204.gif
4 MB, 320x256
I'll keep it somewhat RPG related:

So, I'd say I am a bit torn on the movie, but really, now it is what is going on after Endor.

I'm accustomed to running Star Wars games, both FFG and sometimes Saga, after Endor. I've never held much to canon much after the Thrawn and X-Wing books, so on one hand, it never was really an issue whenever a new EU book came out.

How are people thinking about that 30 year span?

AoR game as members of the Resistance against hold-out Imperial warlords, while inadvertantly driving many into the Unknown Regions to form the First Order?
FaD game as Jedi acolytes in Luke's first class, before Ben Solo shows up as Kyp Durron? Or as survivors of the mysterious massacre, now wandering in a galaxy that may be better without the Force?

Or is it best to just leave it all alone? We've got 2 years until 8, and it'll be a good year for books to trickle out and elaborate on things the film only hints at.
>>
>>44266734
Kylo Ren is Han's dog who humps him.

Finn's real name is Finn the Human
>>
>>44266759

What >>44266769 said.
>>
>>44266777
To be honest, my plan for the FaD game is to disregard canon. Simply try to capture the feeling of the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>44266777
really the basic ideas like imperial warlords doing their thing and the new republic trying desperately to get its shit together
>>
>>44266769
So right now I'm looking at Human. 120 XP, 60 to raise to 3 Willpower and Agility. Niman Disciple, 20 XP to get Sage. Rest on Force Powers and Talents.
>>
>>44266734

>Luke Skywalker was actually dead the whole time and can only be seen by Chewbacca
>Rey is really a boy in drag and has been the one murdering kids at the Jakku sleepaway camp
>Poe Dameron is keeping the corpse of his dead mother in his hotel
>At one point it appears Finn was ripped apart by gundarks but he really crawled under a dumpster
>'Rosebud' was Leia's childhood speeder
>At the end C-3PO has to choose between killing his son and nuking the New Republic
>Kylo Ren kills Dumbledore and Robb Stark
>>
Is Kylo Ren a Dark Jedi, a Sith, or a Ren?
>>
>>44266777

Star Wars was always meant to be a modern myth; a fairytale of sorts. I take the (perhaps unpopular) opinion that it's open to multiple if not infinite ways of being told.
>>
>>44266948
As far as we know, just a fallen Jedi, no idea what sort of ideology The Snorkel King follows yet.
>>
>>44266948
>>44266965

Technically he's a Knight of Ren but for all intents and purposes it's all just light side versus dark side under different names.
>>
>>44266777
I've always used the EU as a starting point for my campaigns, but canon was never really important as long as the players had fun, so I would add, ignore, and change elements as I saw fit.

That being said, 30 years is still a long enough time for threats like Thrawn or shitty Hutt contracting to be a thing.
>>
>>44266948
a fuckboi is what he is
>>
File: Grakkus_bust.jpg (86 KB, 661x632) Image search: [Google]
Grakkus_bust.jpg
86 KB, 661x632
>>44267077

Speaking of Hutts, am I the only one who hopes the void left by Jabba's death in RotJ was filled by everyone's new favorite Jedi-weaboo-in crime lord?

I like to think that in order to secure his power grab of Jabba's holdings he ate that weird little son of Jabba's from the awful Clone Wars movie.
>>
>>44267098
Yeah, he got Anakin's pussy genes instead of Han Solo's superior manliness
>>
>>44266608
>Absolutely Nothing Going On' Edition

What?
>>
>>44267098
I can't wait for the "I CAN TRAIN YOU" scene with a 'Holonet and chill?" caption.
>>44267152
And then Luke came back and fought Grakkus in the arena for his stash of Jedi stuff.
>>44267159
I think that's the point. I hope the anon is wrong who said Kylo will go good but Rey will go bad. I hope that's wrong.
But I'm ALSO hoping that Kylo will die without redemption. That'd be an interesting twist, though I doubt it.

POE-TP FOREVER COME ON DISNEY
>>
>>44262408
>mostly I just found it too wearisome to be "nice" all the fucking time or worry about treading on some cunt's toes and having them sperg out.
SO much this.

>>44262739
>how goes playtesting on the prequel module?
Honestly, I haven't done shit to it in a month or two. Between some StrangeEons updates that make all new cards look slightly different, and actually getting back into physical X-Wing games, I've been kind of annoyed at it.

>>44266148
>If this was about BKL, then seriously fuck that forum and everyone on it.
Yep, he went on some retarded rant about how Countess Ryad should have been PS8-9 because apparently the Empire sent Soontir after her when she went micro-warlord. I said something to the effect of "reminder than BKL's posts have no basis in fact" - which is technically true - and, like many squint players with skin as thin as their hulls, I guess he reported it.

Hilariously, he didn't report a following post where I DID directly insult him (with an ESB quote).

I dunno, forum drama is actually kind of hilarious. It's the fucking internet, watching people take it seriously is cathartic because even if my life is shit it will never be that shit.
>>
I feel bad for Luke.

He had a couple days training from Obi-wan, then no more than a month of training from Yoda, with a lot of self figuring it out in between.

Then he ends up with the insecure spawn of his good friend and wife and has to try to stop him from calling on a cosmic force of evil that is always tempting those that can hear it.

No wonder he ran off to find the first Jedi temple, I'd be looking for "How to Train Force Users Without Things Going to Shit Volume 1" as well.
>>
>>44267152
What Forms would fit a Hutt Jedi?

>I like to think that in order to secure his power grab of Jabba's holdings he ate that weird little son of Jabba's from the awful Clone Wars movie.
The little...punky muffin deserved it.
>>
>>44267259
*good friend and sister

Fanfiction slip up.
>>
>>44267259
>>44267277
Cuck fantasies.
>>
File: 1423028842529.gif (175 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1423028842529.gif
175 KB, 500x375
>>44267259
>"How to Train Force Users Without Things Going to Shit Volume 1"
>>
>>44267245
I actually also kind of hope Kylo dies without redemption.

It's always been a thing that it's colossally hard to turn away form the dark side. So much so that Yoda says point blank to Luke that it's pretty much impossible. Vader's love of his son manages to get through to him, but I'd be interested to see them show a fallen force user that just falls and falls and falls until he hits the ground and dies. Take the easy path, and taking the easy path gets easier and easier each time.
>>
>>44267259
I'm still kind of mad about that. I mean, yeah he had basically no training, but he was also on the lookout for Jedi artifacts and he even knew where he might find some intact holocrons (if Grakkus' collection survived) so he should be able to either shore up his own weak points or use them to train others.

And from my perspective (my point of view, if you will), Disney got rid of the EU which includes Incompetent Jedi Master Luke and then turned around and gave us back the same damn thing as if it was new.

Of course, we may find out that Luke was actually a very GOOD teacher and that it was mostly Kylo and whatever voice that whispered in his ear that brought him to the dark side and the ruin of Luke's Jedi Order due to his own insecurities. I don't think that's going to happen, because how would we do the Obi-Wan role without that, but it's nice to have hopes.

>>44267317
If they go down that route, it'd be interesting if Kylo dies in either his mother's arms his uncle's or one of our new trio's. And they'd be sad about him dying because of whatever reason and he looks up at them confused that they're sad and he says something like "I don't understand" and they just shake their heads because it's clear that even if he wasn't dying he'd probably never understand that someone can feel compassion for even the most twisted creatures.
And then he dies, never understanding why people would mourn him.
>>
>>44267259
>and wife
and sister*
>>
>>44266777
AoR resistance game, the FaD fame has too many chances to contradict movie cannon.
>>
Am i the only one who's hoping 8 will be Luke getting his shit together and doing a "we're getting the band back together" galaxy road trip with Rey?

Perhaps even doing a detour and picking up a certain bearded acquaintance that knows his way around Imperial protocol?

Jason Court did say he'd love to play Kyle again on screen
>>
>>44268046
meanwhile Poe and Finn go on a bro adventure collecting old rebel pilots? The trip ending with collecting a force sensitive pilot? A man from far away lands?
>>
>>44268117
That would be a good way to introduce the new B-Wing mk.II
>>
>>44268046
>Jason Court
If they bring Kyle back I would go out and buy every single piece of Star Wars merchandise I can find to reward Disney.
>>
I cannot fucking wait for Rogue One and I really hope we get some decent vidya soon.
>>
>>44268046
And at the very end, Han shows up.
"What the shit? You got stabbed through the fucking chest!"
"Why does everyone doubt that I have a plan?"
Yes I know the point of that scene was that Han DIDN'T have a plan

>>44268239
When is Rogue One? Summer?
>>
File: The Final Showdown.png (692 KB, 948x540) Image search: [Google]
The Final Showdown.png
692 KB, 948x540
>>44258405
>>
>>44266782
That gives away too much even with the spoilers
>>
>driectors, PR and etc hype up Captain Does nothing
>fans end up loving a no name tonfa fighter instead
TR-8R is the new Boba Fett.
>>
>>44268281
December 16th. Episode 8 is the one that has a summer release (May 26th, 2017).
>>
>>44268281
Harrison Ford's head on a robot body ala Grievious
>>
>>44268239
>Decent Vidya soon
Sorry, but EA has literally bought exclusivity on all star wars releases for then next 4 years so get ready for more battlefront 2 situations.
>>
>>44268450
Seven, actually. It was a ten year exclusivity deal, signed shortly after Disney bought LucasFilm.
>>
>>44267152
All Grakkus would have to do is flex around Jabba's son and have a follower for life.

Jabba's death actually is one of the more fun things to deal with in games-who's getting the power and what crazy people are trying to fill the void.
>>
File: 1450479503681.jpg (25 KB, 312x244) Image search: [Google]
1450479503681.jpg
25 KB, 312x244
>>44268450
>>44268515
>>
>>44268524
Game of Nal Hutta when?
>>
>>44266769
Would you go for one 4 or raise a bunch of stuff to 3s/2s?
>>
>>44268134
The dumb Resistance transporter that looked like a fat H-60 was, in fact, partially a kitbash of B-Wing Mk2 parts.
>>
>>44268626
The general suggestion is 1 4 and 1 3 if you're specializing heavily, or 3-4 3s if you want to be more well-rounded.
>>
>>44268117

>the Resistance has joined with the New Republic which has finally declared war on the First Order after they completely shit on any possible treaties with the Starkiller Base incident
>the New Republic needs all the strength it can get to fight the growing power of the Empire 2.0 but unfortunately since the splintering of the Empire after Endor a number of major galactic players have declared their Independence from any overarching galactic government
>Poe is sent on a mission to Corellian space to treat with their undisputed leader Wedge Antilles and convince him to bring the Corellians into the fight
>It ends up with both of them competing in a flying contest which is how the undisputed leader of Corelia is always chosen (because Corelians)
>they tie and Corellia sides with the New Republic out of respect
>>
>>44268415
Oh good. So they're coming out after finals. Cool. Though of course that means we're getting a Disney movie semi-annually for the next god knows how long.
Cause Civil War comes out in May... What is even the plot of that movie, because I don't get how agreeing to supervision and wanting to help your friend causes world governments to turn against you, but there's that logic going again.
It looks like CA:CW is going to go:
>Avengers, you did some shit and caused an international incident, especially you Tony. Now I, William Hurt, am here to put oversight on you.
>Captain America, why are you being so obstinate to this thing we are doing?
>Captain refuses to sign the agreement, is 'officially' not Cap anymore.
>Cap finds Bucky, stops kill team, allows him to escape for a later time
>Cap and Falcon steal their gear back, get Scarlet Witch and them on their side because oh noes oversight is EVIL or something
>Tony feels guilty about Ultron and allows oversight despite refusing oversight in previous movies
>Tony and them feel that oversight is better than kill teams so they go along with it
>Let's You And Him Fight
>Everyone makes up and fight the REAL enemy!
>The end.

>>44268678
I want it.
>>
>>44268629
Ugh. I want a proper B-wing, not some ugly /E2 knockoff.

>>44268678
Starfighters of Corellia when?
>>
>>44266777
Alternatively have them be New Republic/Resistance guys reacting to the OMGWTF First Order Blitzkrieg after they Pearl Harboured the capital and fleet HQ of the Republic. You could important stuff from the old EU as necessary (E-Wings, K-Wings, various New Republic Capital ships et al to pad out the fleet as well as various worlds not explicitly referenced in the new canon). Are YOU bad enough dudes to hold the line until Episode VIII?
>>
>>44266685
>tfw your GM hides a nemesis among a group of minions
>>
>>44268046
Maybe also looking for Rey's mom, aka Mara Jade Skywalker, who went off to fight the First Order/find out about the deal with Snoke.
>>
File: Aoi Fuck Everything.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Aoi Fuck Everything.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>44268450
>>44268515
Fuck, fuck, fuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

!
>>
>>44268808

Am I the only one who hopes Rey isn't Luke's daughter or any sort of Skywalker at all? I just feel like the whole relationship of Luke training her and her in turn pulling him back from the brink works better if there's no familial obligations and just mutual belief in one another. Like Obi-Wan and Luke.
>>
>>44268884
Sure. She can be a Horn
>>
>>44266685
F
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 220x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 220x270
>>44268858
There's still SW:TOR.
>>
File: 1450427460201.jpg (203 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450427460201.jpg
203 KB, 699x1211
>>44266734

This sums it up nicely.

With PC bullcrap thrown in because thats just what the world needs!
>>
>>44268884
I share your hope that Rey's not a Skywalker, the bloodline trope is getting annoying, that said I'd like her relationship with Luke to become more of a logical family, vs biological family thing. Rey saw Han as a father figure (I'm thinking about Han giving Rey a blaster then asking her to stay on the Falcon instead of going back to Jakku, and their pilot copilot bonding scenes. Rey wanted a family, and Han wanted to stop hating himself for failing Ben. If things worked out differently between Han and Kylo on the catwalk. I bet that Rey would have stayed on board the Falcon with Han and Chewy playing at smuggling while helping Leia's resistance). For that reason I think it'd be cool if Luke treats Rey as an adoptive daughter, rather than the more likely mentor student relationship.
>>
>>44269033

And Battlefront 1 and 2 on the PS2. those are still good games you know.
>>
>>44269100
not quite. I had to google Tekka. Esbern/Tekka are in the opening sequence, so not quite. Still pretty close though, and totally worth seeing.
>>
File: CFA-44_Nosferatu_Strigon.jpg (324 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CFA-44_Nosferatu_Strigon.jpg
324 KB, 1280x720
>>44268734
>Starfighters of Corellia
>Wedge, Luke, and Poe breathe a sigh of relief as Coronet City is finally liberated
>Then someone picks up something on sensors
>Missile locks
>Missile locks everywhere
>>
>>44269163
How cool would it be if Rey is one of the extended universe characters children made canon, like Dash Rendar.
>>
>>44268046
>episode 8
>fuck you kid sit in this temple while I go have an awesome adventure with Kyle Fucking Katarn
If they're going to wank us on nostalgia, they should at least do it right.
>>
>>44269280
That presumes that they're aiming for throwing the EU a bone, and not just making Rey "Jaina Solo 2: Electric Boogaloo."
>>
Is there a gif/webm/clip anywhere of that one long shot from TFA of Finn turning around to watch Poe's T-70 X-wing blast a dozen stormtroopers and several Tie fighters; the "that's an amazing pilot!" scene? I needs it.
>>
File: TCW ACPAG.webm (732 KB, 800x356) Image search: [Google]
TCW ACPAG.webm
732 KB, 800x356
Hey, are these things in any of the supplements for FFG Star Wars?

I want me some space shotgun.
>>
>>44269280
Rey Katarn? Rey kinda looks like Jan Ors.
>>
>>44269225

Its a solid "OK"

Far far better then 1,2 and 3. slightly worse then 6. a good deal worse then 4. and not even in the same ballpark as 5.
>>
>>44269389
It's better than Return of the Jedi. No ewoks.
>>
>>44269364

I want to see TIE fighters with a rear fire arc in the X-Wing game.

Like the Firespray has.
>>
>>44268884
[Spoiler]in the vision, I'm pretty sure we see a First Order transport leaving Rey planetside. Maybe she's Phasmas kid[/Spoiler]
>>
>>44269364
Yep. ACP Array Gun is in Dangerous Covenants if my memory is correct.
>>
>>44269416
Ewoks were actually pretty neat, unless you're an Imp-wanker.
>>
>>44269449
>I'm your mother
oh god damn it
>>
>>44269488
I'm proud rebel scum, and I still disliked the ewoks.
I also wish Harrison Ford had gotten his way, and had Han complete a character arc by dying for a greater cause than himself by blowing up the shield generators a la Terminator 2 Miles Dyson deadswitch.
>>
>>44269449
>implying she wasn't conceived by the force
>implying Luke wasn't just jacking off one day and the Force sat on it at the last minute
>>
File: HcnrEav.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HcnrEav.jpg
313 KB, 1920x1080
>>44269449
not at all
>>
>>44269449
Huh, it was too quick to tell for me, but I think that only ads more fuel to the fire for the theory for me.
>>44269509
Search your feelings, you know it to be true!
It might also explain why Phasma was more willing to let our heroes turn off the shields
>"I'm just here to find Rey," the tinny-sounding voice played back in the Captain's audio feed. Bugging the whole base had turned out fruitful on many occasions, and especially now.
>Phasma could not allow her daughter to remain here where Supreme Commander Snoke could get his hands on her. She had to be *safe*.
>The Captain surreptitiously assigned herself to patrol through FN-2187's route to sabotage the shields. She would have preferred not to have her daughter caught in this war, but Rey had proved quite capable of caring for herself.
>>
>>44269588

>implying she isn't Sheev's daughter
>implying Sheev's force-infused super jizz didn't merge with the Death Star core explosion and spread across the galaxy
>>
>>44269488
it'd be better as a straight rebel/empire conflict
>>
Can any of you intrepid fa/tg/entlemen point me to low-quality cellphone pictures of the new Talent Trees from Keeping the Peace?
>>
>>44269633
>Search your feelings, you know it to be true!
I know. It's so fucking obvious a parallel for them to use after this movie.
>>
>>44269648

Eh i kind of like it when natives get involved for one side or another.

For what they had at their disposile when ep 6 was made i say they did a good job on the furballs.
>>
>>44269416
>>44269488
>>44269581
>>44269648

Somewhat ironically, Ewoks are the only thing that doesn't bug me about the Endor ground scenes. In fact I kind of liked them and thought the initial idea for them - that of a total underdog race helping destroy the Empire - is actually fitting for the series.
>>
>>44269692
It's just.. kind of out of left field. You've got (somewhat) organized rebels fighting the empire in the first two movies, then suddenly they bring in the teddy bears as reinforcements for the finale.
>>
File: laughingtycho.jpg (43 KB, 330x501) Image search: [Google]
laughingtycho.jpg
43 KB, 330x501
>>44269636
>Sheev's daughter
>Trilogy ends with Rey having a kid
>A kid she names "Ken"
>>
File: VcAsAA_tiny-vicious-assholes.png (2 MB, 1282x1254) Image search: [Google]
VcAsAA_tiny-vicious-assholes.png
2 MB, 1282x1254
>http://sozin.pythonanywhere.com/game?id=4403

Ghost confirmed OP as fuck.
>>
>>44269910

Interestingly, the VCX in F&D actually sounds kind of shit.
>>
File: Let it laugh.jpg (46 KB, 450x488) Image search: [Google]
Let it laugh.jpg
46 KB, 450x488
>>44269752
YES
>>44269891
mfw posted and deleted
>>
>>44269910
>bunch of shitty rolls
>take 2s on an A-Wing
>get maybe 1s on enemy stressbot
>get Chopper's arc into the fight
>still crappy rolls with the lotto cannon
>lose an A-Wing
>get 3 shields off Poe at least, though it took R1 Ghost and the remaining A-Wing to do it
>deploy Sabine to try catching stressbot
>intentionally bump Poe again
>FCS this time, can't fail
>natural FIVE HITS, wiped Poe off the face of space
>sadly no Sabine shot
>boost left, PtL evade, reveal 1-bank left, free Kyle focus, barrel roll left to get Range 1 on stressbot
>A-wing and Chopper also has arc, stressbot down
>still lose Ghost to Eaden that turn
>opponent whiffs Eaden's defense rolls for a couple of turns and gets murdered by Sabine+A-Wing.
>>
>>44268884
>I just feel like the whole relationship of Luke training her and her in turn pulling him back from the brink works better if there's no familial obligations and just mutual belief in one another. Like Obi-Wan and Luke.
But Luke was the son of Obi-Wan's best friend and he'd been watching over Luke since he was a baby. There was a pre-established relationship.
>>44269449
>>44269633
Alternatively, Mara Jade is in deep cover as Captain Phasma - she's so good (and Kylo's such a failsith) she can hide in plain sight. Alternatively, I had a tinfoil hat moment. What if Gwendolyn Christie has been cast as Mara Jade in a dual role? They cast her as Phasma as a red herring, publicly announcing it so we'll expect to see her involved in the production. Since she'll be in armour as Phasma (with voice filtering) and not as Mara Jade, her pulling double duty wouldn't be noticeable to the layman audience. If they successfully pulled it off, minds would be blown.

>>44269280
I don't think that's likely, unlessif they make her Luke's kid, they have Mara Jade as her canonical mom.
>>
File: jntmmm.jpg (123 KB, 400x506) Image search: [Google]
jntmmm.jpg
123 KB, 400x506
>>44270124
>Gwendolyn Christie as a redhead
>>
>>44268046
The issue with Jason Court is most people are used to Kyles Post-Court voice from outcast and Academy.
>>
>>44266777
Force and Destiny seems pretty damn hard to fit into post-Jedi canon, at least without more information on it; it'd be too likely to fuck things up.
"Age of Resistance" would be fun. I'd kinda like to play an ex-Stormtrooper, but that'd be kind of Drizzt-clone-y.
Edge of the Empire would... pretty much be exactly the same, wouldn't it?
It'd be cool if Fantasy Flight released a New Republic sourcebook for Age of Rebellion, or any of the games.
But what I really want is a game set in the Clone Wars. Play either a Jedi, or a Clone sergeant with Only War-style partners.
>>
>>44270198
Master Jocasta pls no shlicking in the library
>>
>>44270336
What did you think those robes were for, anon?
>>
Coruscant got rekt didn't it?
>>
>>44270403

No, but it was the New Republic capitol. Apparently they rotate it now because Coruscant is too associated with Empire.
>>
>>44270403
Supplemental material in sourcebooks list the current Republic capital as Hosnian Prime. NR decided it'd make people feel a better change from the empire if the capital was mobile. Good old triple zero stands another day.
>>
>>44266720
He took a bowcaster shot like a bowss tho
>>
I wish they had kept the Scoped E11 in Jedi Outcast instead of adding the Disrupptor Rifle, then they could have arranged it so more things ran on power cells, have the Flechette gun and bowcaster use the metallic bolt ammo. leave the Heavy Repeater on the classic repeater's Power Cells.
>>
>>44270439
>Apparently they rotate it now
That sounds both needlessly complex and economically wasteful.
>>
>>44266864
God no! Do not spend starting xp on a new specialization.
>>
>>44270489

I get the feeling this would be an apt way of describing the New Republic.
>>
>>44270489
well when you don't pay much for a standing fleet you get to be a lot more needlessly complex and economically wasteful. Although considering how many torpedoes they apparently load T70s with, the NR either owns several Adumar style planets or dumps all their money into torpedo production.
>>
I had a realization moment.
Is Finn ACTUALLY Force-sensitive or did we allow the marketing of him with the lightsaber to tell us he was when he doesn't seem to demonstrate that in the film?
>>
>>44270489
It might actually work in their favour, though, because it means they're probably used to periods where they transition from one capital to another, as well as having the infrastructure to support their government on several worlds, so the decapitation strike by Starkiller Base won't be as effective as if the government was permanently on one planet, since they'd be able to set up shop on one of the previous capitals.

I could actually see, ironically enough, as a response to the crisis, the New Republic taking cues from Tarkin's plans for the post-Death Star empire - regional governors directly ruling over their territory until the new emergency government is re-established, since nobody's going to want to question it with the first order hammering on the door.

Hell, in a world where not one but two Death Stars were made, the New Republic probably already had contingency plans for the capital getting blown up, like the US government has plans for zombie attacks or going to war with the Girl Scouts. Backed up offworld, of course.

So after the initial panic and confusion, the New Republic will ironically be in a state that is more responsive to fighting a war with the First Order.
>>
>>44270679
I thought it was pretty obvious that he isn't
>>
File: TRAITOR.gif (1 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.gif
1 MB, 500x209
Could it be possible that he was one of Palpy's Imperial Royal Guards during happier times?
>>
>>44270679
I'm pretty sure he's not. I appreciated him swinging around the lightsaber like a fucking baton though, because fuck if he knows how to use one.
>>
>>44270711
No, he's obviously one of Palpatine's clones
>>
>>44270679
I chocked it to Stormtroopers getting some melee training
>>
>>44270537
>>44270573
You'd think that by now, writers would have learned that the "New Republic is run by retards" schtick went stale around the time Del Rey picked up the publishing rights.

>>44270690
Maybe, but had the NR decided to spend its credits on a standing military instead of spicing up its politicians' travel plans, maybe the First Order wouldn't have gotten so far in the first place.
>>
>>44270711
Nothing like shock tonfans.
>>
>>44270696
Usually the one who gets to play around with a lightsaber is the Jedi character, is what I'm saying. Maybe I was the only one taken in, but I thought he was going to be either this series' Jedi character or we'd have Rey and Finn as a Force duo
>>44270720
>>44270753
Well, at least now we have an end to the 'normies can't use lightsabers' argument.
>>
>>44270753

Considering a stormtrooper beat the ever loving shit out of Finn in melee earlier despite his lightsaber I'd go with 'Yeah, stormtroopers get melee training'
>>
>>44270793
>Well, at least now we have an end to the 'normies can't use lightsabers' argument.
wasn't that always debunked with Han in Empire? Or were there some EU-force-shenanigans I never bothered to find out about.
>>
Tycho Celchu (26)
- PTL (3)
- A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
- Daredevil (3)
- Proton Rockets (3)
- Autothruster (2)

Poe Dameron (31)
- Veteran Instincts (1)
- R2-D2 (4)
- Autothrusters (4)

I still have 25 points, what do I put in there? I was thinking about Airen Cracken with VI and some missiles, following Poe around. Any suggestions?
>>
>>44270826
It's the 'hurr hurr normies would cut their limbs off' argument. It comes up from time to time, something about 'gyroscopic fields' and shit.
>>
>>44270826
Han in ESB. Legends also had PROXY, Boba Fett, and Grievous (canon Grievous hasn't been explicitly confirmed as a Muggle yet). Current canon had that one TCW Mandalorian guy and a comic in which Han, Leia, and Chewie went to town on some poor EMP'd stormies as well.
>>
>>44270775
>You'd think that by now, writers would have learned that the "New Republic is run by retards" schtick went stale around the time Del Rey picked up the publishing rights

Every major government/faction in Star Wars is run by retards. It's why 'heroic' characters (good and bad) can run circles around them.
>>
So how did Punished C3PO ended up that way? Any comic or book explaining it, or is it a mystery so far?
>>
>>44271007

The red arm? There's actually a one-shot comic coming out dedicated to telling just that story.
>>
>>44267430
I get the sense from how it's presented that Luke actually legitimately was doing a good job until Grand Master Fathead fucked it all up. I suspect that it might also be Palps or residual Dark Side shit attached to Vader's armor since I don't think Luke was hanging onto Dad's evil mask.

I'm getting a big kick out of Kylo's characterization as a huge fucking nerd though.
>>
Odds on Snoke being a clone of Palpatine anyone?
>>
>>44270775
Well if you consider that the NR population were probably sick to death of these goddamn Star Wars, perhaps a large standing military wasn't politically feasible. It's like yelling at pre-WWII politicians for appeasing Hitler - yes, with the benefit of hindsight they should have rearmed sooner and stood up to him, but at the time WWI was still fresh in the public's memory and almost nobody wanted another war other than the Nazis themselves and a few people who recognised the threat but who were otherwise in the political wilderness like Churchill - Neville Chamberlain was lauded as a national hero for the Munich agreement.

And they were funding the resistance as a proxy force, so clearly they were at least doing *something* despite public reluctance. Like Roosevelt with lend-lease.

I think they've established there's regional fleets in the NR- presumably only the central fleet (which would be best situated-outside of the resistance-for a counterattack) got destroyed. Which means that Mon Cal fleet is going to be out there - which may well be a costly mistake on the part of the First Order, especially considering the shit they were building in Legends canon - Viscount Star Defenders, anyone? Especially since I suspect step 1 of the response is getting Admiral Ackbar, the hometown hero back to his homeworld to grab a new fleet.

It's like the US after Pearl Harbour - the First Order's probably going to make some big gains in the initial chaos, but they awakened the sleeping giant.

I'd totally write about the New Republic triggering its emergency contingencies and scaling up for full-scale war if I had any writing talent of my own.
>>
>>44271059
I love how they took the inevitable Vader comparisons and made it a part of his character.

Finally, the dark side is being portrayed as the edgy teenager it truly is.

Fuck you Dad! I'm not going back to the light side or cleaning up my room!
>>
>>44270679
He's definitely not Force Sensitive. That's the whole point of the lingering shot when he picks up the saber, is that he's not reacting to its aura when Rey did

He's just a very well trained normie.
>>
What did you guys think of the new movie? (Not going to include any actual plot spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, just impressions of it overall).

Writing
The writing was, IMO, better than the old movies. Better pacing than the OT, far more compelling characters and less plot holes than the PT. I think the writing was worse than clone-wars or some of the EU/"Legends" stuff I've read/played - such as KotoR.

SFX
The SFX/ship fights/explosions were top-notch.

Action Sequences
These were disappointing for me. Better than the OT's action scenes, for the most part, but the sword fights were kindof underwhelming for me.

Force Powers (slightly spoilery)
The primary antagonist seems to be a somewhat chumpy force adept with minimal dark side raining, rather than any kind of equal to a Jedi/Sith. I can't see him taking on a single member of Death-Watch, let alone a properly trained force wielder.
>>
>>44271174
>the sword fights were kindof underwhelming for me
Kind of the point.

Kylo's half-trained, Finn's not Force Sensitive, and Rey's a complete novice

Kylo's the most competent just because he's been training the longest, but there are implications that he's actually kind of shitty where the Force is concerned - his obsession with Darth Vader seems to be because grandpappy was so damn powerful and he wishes he was less shitty. He even reacts to the idea that the Big Giant Head is planning to off him as though he's considered the idea himself.
>>
>>44266608
Lore question: how do Stormtroopers identify one another?

I mean their helmets completely cover their faces, there's no apparent ID tags, and even humans can only be so many different heights.

Is it some kind of HUD in the helmet?
>>
>>44271174

It had everything I like about the franchise but also some of the same problems I had with the OT. Overall, I liked it because the characters made an impact and the action, while not necessarily the greatest I've ever seen, was still more than serviceable.
>>
>>44268793
>tfw the veteran returning player will have fucking none of that and kills the Nemesis plothook you hid.

(TFA spoilers)

I bet the GM killed off Han despite rolling a crit on his speech check to spite the player.
>>
>>44270885
Grievous actually was confirmed as not Force sensitive - it's part of the reason why he was shut out by the Jedi, and part of the reason he hates them so much that he's upgraded himself part by part in order to rival them in martial prowess.

>>44271129
There seems to be talk that he's a lot more like Cronal.
>>
>>44271219
Highly likely they have a HUD.
>>44271217
Well of course he's considered the idea that Zordon is going to toss him out the airlock when Kylo does what he is supposed to. He's not dumb, he's just HILARIOUSLY misguided.
>>
File: Tie Interceptor.jpg (149 KB, 1020x735) Image search: [Google]
Tie Interceptor.jpg
149 KB, 1020x735
>>44271174
>Writing
Better than PT, not as good as OT. It borrowed too heavily from ANH to truly be good and stand on its own. Hopefully they start branching out and making up some new stuff, but I feel Disney going to go paint by the numbers and I expect Rey to get her hand/arm cut off in VIII

>SFX
The one thing I knew Disney wouldn't fuck up.No complaints.

>Action Sequences
They were alright. Lack of lightsaber flippies I chocked up Kylo, Finn, and Rey having little to no training, Finn having no Force abilities, and Disney wanting to distance themselves from anything prequel.

>Force Powers
Rey is OP but I kinda liked how they explained why Kylo sucks and is lame. It looks like his fall was from his own insecurities of not living up to his family's legacy.
>>
>>44271219
Clone Troopers in the Galactic Republic had color coding that signified ranks (as well as some ranks having slightly different armor), and some of them painted personal touches on heir armor.

>>44271217
>Finn's not Force Sensitive, and Rey's a complete novice
This made sense.

>Kylo's half-trained
This doesn't make sense to me.

With his power being what it was, why did everyone in the first order put up with his shit, and why is he supposed to be such a big deal? Dude can't even properly deflect blaster shots

He's less of a threat than a competent non-force sensitive bounty hunter.

>>44271225
>It had everything I like about the franchise but also some of the same problems I had with the OT.
It had *some* of what I like about the franchise, a lot of the problems I have with the OT, but at least missed the big problems I have with the PT.

>I liked it because the characters made an impact and the action.
This was good.

>still more than serviceable
I would call it serviceable. I'd probably rewatch it over rewatching the OT, but I think I'd rather rewatch the 2007 Clone Wars series.

But then, I hold the heretical belief that Clone Wars is the pinnacle of quality in the star wars franchise in video format, and the next highest things I'd rate would be various things in comics/games/novels, with all the other movies close to the bottom of the totem pole.
>>
>>44271378
>Kylo sucks and is lame
This is a big problem for me. That should not be the case with the main antagonist. Imagine if they'd done that with Maul, Grievous, or Vader. Ugh.
>>
>>44271417
>With his power being what it was, why did everyone in the first order put up with his shit, and why is he supposed to be such a big deal?
He's one of Zordon's teenagers with attitude, and given that Luke is apparently the last Jedi and all the Sith are dead, Snooker's Hand might literally be the only Force users anyone in the galaxy has seen in thirty years.

He gets plenty of lip from Hitler Youth anyway.

>>44271457
He's being brought back to base for training with Big Man on Campus so presumably he'll be a much larger threat in the next movie now that he's being trained further and is probably convinced he's past redemption.
>>
>>44271457
>Grievous
But they actually did do that to Grievous.
>>
>>44271517
My memories of Grievous are mostly from Clone Wars, admittedly; I haven't watched the prequel trilogy in like 10 years, whereas Clone Wars I watched some of just last week.

Dude could actually do stuff though. He had some badass fight scenes, he got cool scenes commanding starships, he could hold his own against a young (and high powered) Obi-Wan, pretty damn well.
>>
Is the Episode VII Visual Dictionary online anywhere?

And/or the Ships of the Galaxy boo from Sept?
>>
>>44271577
RotS Grievous was a far cry from Tartakovsky's Grievous. In the movies, the most the G-man did was cough, run away, and spin his sabers ineffectually. Contrast the old cartoon, in which Grievous was a stealthy predator who killed Shaggy (literally) and held his own against Shaak-Ti, Ki-Adi Mundi, and several other Jedi simultaneously.
>>
>>44271504
>He gets plenty of lip from Hitler Youth anyway.
Point. I mean, why wouldn't he. Sure he's better than the average trooper, but unlike Vader, if you have 5-10 troopers, you could take him out.

>Presumably he'll be a much larger threat in the next movie
I hope so. I really want to see some Clone-Wars/PT quality action sequences.

>>44271635
>Tartakovsky's Grievous - old cartoon
I keep meaning to watch this. I was referring to the 2008 Clone Wars.

I really hate how they released two shows with the same name. So much miscommunication.
>>
How shitty must the new Jedi Order must have been to be slaughtered by Kylo?

>>44271635
in the canon TCW he lost to some Gungans
>>
>>44271758
>I hope so. I really want to see some Clone-Wars/PT quality action sequences.
>PT quality action sequences
>PT quality
>PT
>Quality
I could get Clone Wars, but fucking SERIOUSLY? The end duel was better than anything the prequels shat out, everyone had unique choreography and actual emotional stakes, and it didn't drag on to the point shit got boring. I don't want another half-hour CGI glowstick waving dance battle, please.
>>
>>44266948

He's a weh.
>>
>>44271877
>How shitty must the new Jedi Order must have been to be slaughtered by Kylo?
I think it was like, Luke & 5 kids.

>Clone-Wars/PT quality action sequences.
Clone wars (again, 2008) is definitely better action than PT.

>The end duel was better than anything the prequels shat out.
I'm not seeing it. I found it thoroughly disappointing.

>Everyone had unique choreography
I thought the choreographed fights was the WORST part of the new movie. Admittedly better than the choreography of the OT, but still awful.

>Emotional stakes
Yes, these were better than the emotional stakes/acting/writing of the PT, absolutely. But I said that in my opening post.

>Didn't drag on to the point shit got boring. I don't want another half-hour CGI glowstick waving dance battle, please.
Fair point, the fights in the PT often dragged on too long. But I'd definitely take one of those over the fights we got. (Though the dogfighting sequences were fine.)

Clone Wars (again, 2008) is definitely the model I would hope would be followed here. The fights are well choreographed and interesting without dragging on for too long.
>>
>>44271457
i like that about him.

Him being an incompetent, insecure puddle of fuckdew makes him just such a pleasure to hate on. he is the antithesis to vader who was confident and powerful.

I hope he dies without getting redemption
>>
>>44272194
Its like Prequels Anakin but he's getting his ass kicked a lot, he's better acted, and we're supposed to hate him.
>>
>>44272194
>I hope he dies without getting redemption

So do I. And then he's hopefully replaced by someone more competent.

But him being so incompetent and insecure makes me feel "eh, big whoop, you beat up a chump" when the protagonists beat him.

It's like if you made an X-Men movie, and the main bad guy was *Toad*. I mean, really? Give me a Magneto/Apocalypse/Mr.Sinister/The Hellfire Club/The Purifiers. It should be at least a little impressive when the protagonists win, like they actually accomplished something particularly difficult.
>>
Every scene in the movie was competently done, bar a few terrible lines.

The problem is the overall plot tying those scenes together is terrible. The duel at the end was excellent, and I loved the fight choreography. But the problem is the combatants. That should have been a duel between TWO people established to know what they're doing, not an Informed Ability Sith Apprentice and a mary sue who never picked up a light sabre before that point. Fuck, it'd be like if first year Harry solo'd Voldemort by casting Avada Kedavra on him.

Also, everyone from a chucklefuck village elder on NOT!tattooine to a bar owner on Not!endor knowing about the force seems off. In the OT it was some mysterious pseudo religion that was all but abandoned.
>>
>>44272279
Kylo has potential

stopped a laser blast. not deflect, not absorb, but stopped it in mid air.

He can rip memories from people's heads. Vader couldn't do that, the Galactic Civil War would have ended on the Tantive IV if Vader could.

He isn't some accomplished master but an edgy padawan who sabotaged his own jedi training with his self-loathing and doubt.

I figure they're going for a dark reflection/foil for Rey
>>
>>44272279
>But him being so incompetent and insecure makes me feel "eh, big whoop, you beat up a chump" when the protagonists beat him.
Especially in the first movie. Hard to get a feel for the stakes when the protagonist is pulling powerups straight from their ass.
>>
>>44271900
Fuck you, Revenge of the Sith end duel between kenobi and vader was top tier.

The high ground ending was annoying though.
>>
>>44272417
To be fair, then an actual Jedi blew up a Death Star and overthrew the galactic government and trained a batch of kids.

They've had a chance to see the Force in action again.
>>
>>44272523
>Fuck you, Revenge of the Sith end duel between kenobi and vader was top tier.
Confirmed for pleb.
>>
>>44272417
>That should have been a duel between TWO people established to know what they're doing, not an Informed Ability Sith Apprentice and a mary sue who never picked up a light sabre before that point. Fuck, it'd be like if first year Harry solo'd Voldemort by casting Avada Kedavra on him.

More like Harry came up to a Voldemort who'd just had a bunch of gangers do a drive by on him and then been beaten over the head a few times by Hagrid.

She really only won because he was beaten half to death already by that point.
>>
>>44270793
He was a decoy protagonist. The point was that we weren't meant to know whether Finn or Rey would end up being The One With The Saber.
>normies can't use lightsabers
They CAN, it's just that they inevitably won't be very GOOD at it. Finn almost cut his own arm off.
>>
File: 2805787.jpg (79 KB, 1024x300) Image search: [Google]
2805787.jpg
79 KB, 1024x300
Hey, has anyone seen this?

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/49015/starting-2016-asmodee-will-operate-asmodee-north-a

Sounds like FFG's parent company is trying to pull a GW and restrict online sales?
>>
File: prequeljedi.gif (794 KB, 720x306) Image search: [Google]
prequeljedi.gif
794 KB, 720x306
>>44272523
I want to agree with you that RotS had nice fight scenes, but I've seen this .gif.
>>
>>44272615
In Return of the Jedi, Luke is tortured with lightning powers, and is still able to carry his nearly dead father almost out of the secret base before it blows up.

Anakin and Obi Wan both get slammed around by the force in their duel right into sharp metal objects, but both are able to then get up and competently fight over lava assembly lines in RotS.

Force users have pretty high toughness.
>>
>>44272730

Which is why he was even still going after being shot in his unarmoured body by a gun that had been utterly ruining the day of stormtroopers.

And then he took multiple slashes from a lightsaber even before the fight with her.
>>
>>44272765
Then they shouldn't have had her win by being elegant. Her use of a lightsaber looked informed.

It should have instead been him clearly fighting woodenly, while she flails, and gets lucky.

Not this "I close my eyes and go SS1" bullshit.
>>
>>44272809
She didn't win by being elegant.
She won by overcoming him with the Force. Her moves were still unelegant but she was making them at better times, finding the gaps in his movements more effectively, because precognition.
>>
>>44271900
>>44272523
>>44272594
>>44272684
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
>>
File: 1417735555807.jpg (16 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
1417735555807.jpg
16 KB, 240x200
>>44272832
>because precognition
saber duels are never going to be good again, are they
>>
>>44272832
Again, we're back to a random nobody getting vomiting a force power soup onto the screen with literally no training.
>>
>>44272765
Not to mention was probably still messed up mentally from killing his dad as well as Rey not only resisting his mind probe but turning it back on him to cut right to his insecurities, while Rey was only growing more confident in her powers after owning him in the interrogation.

>>44272809
She was already an experienced melee combatant - her weapon of choice back on Jakku was a staff, after all. Her technique is largely informed by that, she tends to jab at Ren rather than make slashes or take swings with it.

That's one of the good things about this movie - everyone fights differently, in ways that reflect their character as opposed to the overly choreographed saber-Flynning seen in the prequels. Ren fights differently from baton dude who fights differently from Finn who fights differently from Rey.
>>
>>44272878
That fight was good, it just shouldn't have been between the people it was between.
>>
>>44272975

I rather liked how Rey fought. I'd really like to see her get her own lightsaber with a long handle. I think she'd do really well with something more glaive-like than the traditional saber or double saber.

It would really tie into her tendency to try and use reach and lunging stabs over more traditional swordplay.
>>
File: joestar wars.png (350 KB, 1431x1955) Image search: [Google]
joestar wars.png
350 KB, 1431x1955
>>44272878
If the combatants are entertaining about their bullshit, it might work.
>>
>>44272956
The whole point is that she's raw but really powerful.

That was like the recurring plot beat. Kylo Ren literally explicitly states 'THE LONGER SHE HAS TO DEVELOP HER POWERS, THE MORE DANGEROUS SHE'LL BE'

She just finally figured out what the fuck she was actually doing.
>>
>>44273075
It being intentional, doesn't make it not retarded.
>>
Is the force sentient (and no I don't mean midi-chlorine-whatever-the-fucks)?

I'm asking because whenever people say things like: "the force is strong with this one," someone "is a puppet of the dark side," or someone dies and joins the force it gives me the sense that the force both dark and light has agency.

So if the light side of the force really really wanted Rey to win a fight, or manifest a power like mind control, it could have just been especially "with her" at the time.
>>
>>44273096
It's the entire narrative beat. It's basic storytelling.

Hero awakening to their destiny, yadda yadda.

They're also super obviously intentionally setting up a dark mirror situation for the sequel since Ben is going back to Darth Encephaladus right when Rey starts her training with Luke.
>>
>>44273042
>Glaive based Lightsabers.
this is already a thing, isn't it?
>>
>>44272417
>Mary Sue because she was able to beat on a nearly dead man whose mind was fucked up by Light Side temptation, killing his dad, getting hit by concussion waves from being surrounded by exploding thermal detonators, hit in the tummy with a bowcaster, and slashed and stabbed by a lightsaber, and having to deal with the stress of having already failed his master by not saving the super weapon, and was screaming in pain repeatedly

uh ok

>>44272730

Yup. Absolutely nothing compared to what Ren went through, though. Merely losing a hand, which aside from pain won't hamper use of your other weapon, is enough for Vader or Luke to call it quits.

Also, it should surprise no one that Anakin and Obi Wan being subjected to 1% as bad of trauma as what Ren went through wouldn't hamper them in a relativistic sense, since, again, they were both taking comparatively minor amounts of damage.
>>
>>44273174
They say the Force controls your actions to some degree.
>>
>>44273174
>Is the force sentient
Not in any regard beyond 'is the collective energy of every living thing and, as such, is the underlying pattern of the universe'
>light side of the force
Still not a thing. The living Force is only 'light' in comparison to the corrupted practice that is the Dark Side.

You'll note that while they make references to 'the light', they never use the term 'light side'
>>
>>44273174
2008 come wars is canon, so yes, the Force is a sapient thing.

The light size , dark side, and balance are all separate beings that are not unlike gods.
>>
replace all references with "the light side" with "the light" in this thread to sate this guys autism please >>44273225
>>
>>44273187
You don't seem to get it. I say it's retarded, and you seem to justify it with "that's the story they're telling"

I get that. The story they're telling is retarded.

Also, they've already told this story in this series in a less retarded way, way back in 1977 with a literal hack writing and directing it.
>>
>>44273191

Force Pike.

Haven't been seen in new canon though.
>>
>>44273263
It's a shame too. She was a pretty interesting character until she started vomiting force powers left and right.
>>
>>44273230
The Mortis arc was literally a vision. They don't exist any more than the Darth Vader that Luke fought on Dagobah in ESB did. The whole thing was an allegory for the six films, anyway.
>>
>>44273285

There was those weapons the guards during Barris' trial have. They didn't look like regular double sabers.
>>
File: altarofmortis[1].jpg (47 KB, 600x284) Image search: [Google]
altarofmortis[1].jpg
47 KB, 600x284
>>44273230
IE, the three superbeings who inhabit Mortis and embody different aspects of the living force.

>>44273225
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ones
>The Ones were a family of exceptionally powerful Force wielders who lived on the planet Mortis during the Clone Wars. Led by the Father, the Son and Daughter were embodiments of the dark and light sides of the Force, respectively. The Son and the Daughter were worshiped as the Twin Deities or simply as the spirits in the Nightsisters' religion.
>the Son and Daughter were embodiments of the dark and light sides of the Force
>embodiments of the dark and light sides of the Force

IIRC, Anakin's refusal to become the new embodiment of balance was him refusing his destiny, and leads to the force being completely thrown out of whack throughout the galaxy.
>>
>>44273411

I can't honestly remember those.

Still, maybe.
>>
>>44273358
>The Mortis arc was literally a vision.
Pretty sure you're wrong about that one.

Anakin and Obiwan met and directly interacted with the light side, dark side, and balance. Yes, visions were had while they were there, and IIRC they doubted it happened afterward due to how surreal it was, but that doesn't mean it was all in their heads.

(No longer directly canon):
>During the return of Abeloth in 44 ABY, Grand Master Luke Skywalker—the son of the Chosen One—read the mission report in the Jedi Archives about his father and his mentor's experiences on Mortis. Combined with the information gathered from the Thuruht hive, Luke realized that his father's refusal to become the new Keeper of Balance had in fact set off a disastrous chain of events. With the death of the Ones, the galaxy began to slide into chaos; the number of conflicts in the last 65 years were evidence enough of that. When Jacen Solo fell to the dark side and became the Sith Lord Darth Caedus in an effort to change the course of the future, he inadvertently set in motion another chain of events which culminated in the destruction of Centerpoint Station and the release of Abeloth. With the Ones dead, Abeloth was free to continue her rampage of chaos and destruction.
>After Abeloth's defeat at the hands of Luke and Darth Krayt, Luke believed that the Jedi and the Sith must become the new Ones: they must keep the Balance themselves.

They were completely distinct living things.Now it may be more nebulous. Again, the bit about luke finding the records of anakin's mission and whatnot is no longer canon, so who knows what they will do with it now.
>>
File: f-14 carrier launch.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1500) Image search: [Google]
f-14 carrier launch.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1500
Aside from rule of cool, would there be any logic in a starfighter carrier using a single large hangar and flight deck instead of multiple small hangars? And would there be any use for launch catapults in a galaxy where all starfighters are easily capable of VTOL and long-term hovering?
>>
Barbra Hambly (Writer for Children of the Jedi and Planet of Twilight, the 1st and 3rd Callista books) hates droids and really loves Gammoreans.

It's super weird.

>>44273469
"The Light/ The Daughter" in Mortis is partly based on the perception of the viewers. They are having a vision, it's far from literal.

The Daughter and the Father Together form "The Force" with the Son as the darkside that needs to be acknowledged and soothed away rather than just buttoned up and locked away like the Jedi had started to do.

>>44273538
>(No longer directly canon):
And thank GOD for that. Don't rely on the shitvillain to surpass the Vong as something to help your argument.
>>
>>44273538
>Pretty sure you're wrong about that one.

Nope. Directly stated by Filoni in the episode commentary, that it has to be thought of as the same sort of thing that happened to Luke in the cave under the tree on Dagobah.
>>
>>44272649
There's some debate over whether this is contract-law wording bullshit with little effect, or specific stuff for specific distributors.

What it does do is curb scalpers setting themselves up as retailers and moving product online for crazy margins, which I guess is a good thing. Supposedly it won't affect large-scale online retailers.
>>
File: xpike[1].png (33 KB, 267x502) Image search: [Google]
xpike[1].png
33 KB, 267x502
>>44273285
>>44273411
>>44273488
>Force Pike
No, that's not it. I'm talking about a Lightsaber Pike.

Though it's Old Republic stuff.
>>
>>44273581
>Don't rely on the shitvillain to surpass the Vong as something to help your argument.
The villain wasn't particularly important, I just mentioned it because it was a reference to those events having actually happened rather than just being metaphorical/parable hallucinations as >>44273358 >>44273585 are saying.
>>
>>44273629

That would work fantastically with her previous fighting experience and how she used the saber she did get.
>>
>>44271417
>But then, I hold the heretical belief that Clone Wars is the pinnacle of quality in the star wars franchise in video format,
You're not alone their.
>>
>>44273833
>Once again, as confusion has arisen regarding my posts that mention clone wars a couple times already;

I haven't seen the 2003 series yet, I'm referring to the 2008 series.
>>
>>44273698
Yes, some hack writer or Editor in the Del-Ray EU storyboard didn't watch the special features and took a metaphor literally.
>>
>>44273911
Almost assuredly Denning, since he was the "mastermind" behind a lot of the later EU storylines.
>>
>>44273911
Wookiepedia seems to act like The Father, The Son, and The Daughter are/were literal albeit surreal beings outside of normal reality.

Granted, it's wrong occasionally, but they typically do a good job sourcing things. They also typically do a good job separating the Canon and "Legends" stuff.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Son
>>
>>44273872
So was I. There's no confusion.
>>
>>44274021
There kind of is - the 2003 series is just "Clone Wars," while the 2008 series is "The Clone Wars."

>>44273990
The Wook also fails to take into account the episode commentary. Not to mention, the article you linked to is quite literally just a stub with a fraction of the content that the Legends tab has, like so many of the canon articles because the primary editors are butthurt EU/Legends fanboys who refused to have anything to do with Disney-canon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI in memoriam
>>
>>44274109
Well, commentary or not, Fate of the Jedi was some big EU shit when it was released, which I would argue supersedes Filoni's episode commentary. We know all sorts of things about Lucas' authorial intent that didn't necessarily carry through to the final story; Filoni's opinion of the Mortis arc is the same thing.
>>
>>44274182
Actually, technically since TCW was on a higher canon tier than the novels were, TCW and the commentary thereof supersedes (and all of the other novels, as well).
>>
>>44274245
Too bad TCW is shitty and non-canon in my book.
>>
>>44274272
>muh headcanon

Anon, it's okay to hate stuff. That doesn't make it not canon unless it already is, like FotJ
>>
File: phasma.jpg (82 KB, 868x888) Image search: [Google]
phasma.jpg
82 KB, 868x888
>>44274272
>headcannon
>>
>>44274272

hahahaha holy fucking shit this guy is delusional

/co/ has a canon guide and i don't think whatever shit was mentioned earlier is in it. Filoni so far is the final word on the Mortis Arc.
>>
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed this, but I was not happy with how they made Rey a Mary Sue." Oh look, I can fix anything! Oh look, now I can use the Force with no training!"

It really felt like Finn was being set up to be a Jedi at the beginning, then JJ decided to make it Rey like half-way through production because "MUH STRONG WIMMYN PROTAGONIST"
>>
>>44274320
The Clone Wars sucks. The show sucks. I'm not recommending anyone who is interested in watching Star Wars add that to what they should watch.
>>
>>44274344

keep your shit opinions dude, doesn't make them canon.
>>
File: Taung[1].jpg (210 KB, 318x496) Image search: [Google]
Taung[1].jpg
210 KB, 318x496
>>44274021
Okay then.

>>44274109
>because the primary editors are butthurt EU/Legends fanboys who refused to have anything to do with Disney-canon.

Ah. Well, I can sortof understand that frustration, given how new disney canon nixes most of the really good star wars content (as it discards basically all the star wars content), leaving just "The Clone Wars" behind.

But fair enough. I have not seen the episode commentary, only the episode itself. I would also argue whether episode commentary really matters. It's not in the actual media. It might inform interpretation of that media, but given that its not in the actual media it could also be just an idea they had which then got dropped (as was obviously the case in the EU/old canon). >>44274182. This. Before the big anon reset, Filoni's commentary was definitely overwritten. Now I would say that commentary is also irrelevant. It's not part of the Clone Wars itself, it's musings about the episodes. Musings which you have no way of knowing if they are canon or not (unless an official source post new canon has stated explicitly that they are).
>>
File: Mandalorian_on_dxun[1].jpg (160 KB, 520x800) Image search: [Google]
Mandalorian_on_dxun[1].jpg
160 KB, 520x800
>>44274388
Whoops: I wanted to save that pic for this unrelated post:

legends question: The Taung (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taung)are not around anymore, but their mandalorian culture survived with other races, without them. What exactly happened to the Taung? How might you include them in a campaign as a plot element, or as a PC? What racial stats might you give them for FFGStarWars?

I mean, you could have a Taung who was stuck in a cryogenic pod of some sort or carbonite because their hyperdrive and comms systems were shot and they were stuck in the middle of nowhere, but any other suggestions?

If a ship with ten thousand taung crashlanded on some planet and then released them back into the galaxy, what could you do with that?
>>
>>44274109
>The Wook also fails to take into account the episode commentary. Not to mention, the article you linked to is quite literally just a stub with a fraction of the content that the Legends tab has, like so many of the canon articles because the primary editors are butthurt EU/Legends fanboys who refused to have anything to do with Disney-cano
They're not exactly butthurt, there's just a lot left unexplained in the old system

And episode commentaries can include plans that have not yet been fully realized in the new canon, like their plan to create new origins for Jango Fett that they just never got around to doing, so the rather autistic people running the Wook don't know what can and can't be taken as canon till it's clarified.
>>
>>44274328
he'd be a better fit, honestly

gets in the way of muh pottery, though
>>
>>44274388
George's commentary on the films he created were always considered as canon as the films themselves were - which is to say, they couldn't be superseded.

Also, again, TCW was on a higher tier of canon (G > T > C > S > N, where G is the movies and George's statements, T is the TV series and commentary, C is the books, games, and comics, S is old shit, and N is never canon or retconned to be non-canon), so no, the books by definition of the canon system literally can't supersede TCW.
>>
>>44274344
Haha. I would say the opposite.

As in: "If you want the best video only star-wars experience possible, skip the movies entirely and stick to TCW/Rebels."
>>
>>44274314
heh.
>>
File: pottery.jpg (58 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
58 KB, 720x480
>>44274467
even JJ couldn't escape.
>>
>>44274421
The exact fate of the Taung isn't quite clear. After the end of their involvement in TotJ, the Mandalore who served Ulic and Exar died to some jungle beasts on Dxun, and another Taung took up his mantle.

(The one in your image I think)

It's left vague what happened between that moment and the Mandalorian wars, beyond saying that there were only a few Taung supercommandos left (And when tehy showed up Carth's boss panicked so they were clearly considered dangerous veterans) and that the Mandalore of the Mandalorian Wars *WAS* still the Taung that found his predecessor's mask.

There were also hintts that he had encountered the "True Sith" empire which drove him to invade the republic with a force of mostly non-taung recruits.

Maybe teh Taung were dying out from too much war and not enough baby-making, or maybe the Sith Empire captured an entire generation and sterilized the rest to hold their future hostage.

Basically it's up to your GM at this point.

I'd give them the same statline as Klatooinians in FFG Star Wars.
>>
>>44274474
>George's commentary on the films he created were always considered as canon as the films themselves were
I have no reason to believe this still the case in the new canon, do I? (IE, source?)

>Old Canon system
You got a source on this? I mean, I'm not saying Georges statements trumping published media is a surprise, but specifically the part where you're saying
>"T is the TV series and commentary"
>"and commentary"

Because I'd be much more inclined to see the old canon hierarchy as the far more common approach of:
George>Movies & TV (New overrides old)>Other media (New overrides old)>Commentary (Again, new overrides old)>Never Canon.
>>
>>44271007
>Punished C3PO

Sniggered there.
>>
>>44274314
saved
>>
>>44274577
>I'd give them the same statline as Klatooinians in FFG Star Wars.
They're only in the ESM right? No Official Writeup (Just so I am looking at the same source you are)? You wouldn't give them a custom statblock?

Also, aren't Klatooinians tremendously stupid?
>>
>>44274633
Dangerous Covenants.
>>
>>44274633
Not especially.

They're in Soldiers of Fortune, and they're dead fucking killy.
>>
>>44274588
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#Canon_in_the_Holocron_continuity_database

Admittedly, it doesn't say "and commentary" for T-canon, but since George's statements are stated as canon, it's probable that the commentary on TCW is on par with TCW itself in terms of canonicity.

Essentially, all the Reboot did was fold G and T together into Canon, and C, S, and N together into Legends.

As for new canon, we know that they're still using George's official statements as canon. They stated that that's why they're using the Knights of Ren - because George's official definition of the Chosen One prophecy is that balance is restored by destroying the Sith. That's technically another nail in the coffin for the Snoke = Plagueis theory, but since people hate George and everything he stands for and choose to ignore him, of course it's going to get ignored
>>
File: local man fights space otter.jpg (218 KB, 813x1224) Image search: [Google]
local man fights space otter.jpg
218 KB, 813x1224
>>44274658
Soldiers of Fortune isn't a thing. The book you're thinking about is Sons of Fortune, and it's exclusively about the Corellian system.
>>
>>44274770
No, I was thinking of Dangerous Covenants, I just couldn't remember the name.
>>
>>44274718
Ah. Thanks for that link.
>Admittedly, it doesn't say "and commentary" for T-canon, but since George's statements are stated as canon, it's probable that the commentary on TCW is on par with TCW itself in terms of canonicity.
>it's probable that the commentary on TCW is on par with TCW itself in terms of canonicity.
I would not be inclined to think so, I'd think it would be S canon. It's not Lucas' statements, so I don't think it would carry any special weight above any kind of published material whatsoever.

Though I disagree with you on the importance of non-lucas statements, that article is still very useful for tracking canon, so thanks for that.
>>
>>44274658
They seem pretty good.

Though
>Low Willpower
That doesn't seem like the Taung to me, but I admit the est of the stat block seems pretty close.

>>44274577
>I'd give them the same statline as Klatooinians in FFG Star Wars.
Is that an aversion to homebrewing races or simply because you think the Klatooinians are a perfect fit?
>>
>>44266608
So, /swg/, I'm curious:

>What are your FFGSW Houserules?
>>
Lots of people complaining about Rey being competent at melee combat. Did they miss the opening of the film where she knocks those guys teeth in with her big stick?

She probably has ten time the practical combat experience as Benny.
>>
>>44274952
With a staff.

Lightsabers are notoriously dangerous to use, and their use is nothing like a staff.
>>
Ya know I have a very hard time accepting that Rey's a mary sue, I understand the arguments and can see the logic.

But when I've already been subjected to a (thankfully no longer cannon) Starkiller, Ashoka Tano, Ezra Bridger, and that pod racing star fighter piloting protocol droid building slave tott.

For me Rey's much easier to tolerate after the other Mary/Gary Sues/Stus Star Wars has subjected me to.
>>
>>44275000

how are ashoka and ezra mary sues??
>>
>>44274990

She spent most of the fight using it like a spear. She tried to keep reach and mostly worked with jabs for most of it.
>>
>>44275021
And then she went super saiyan.

POWERS AS THE PLOT DEMANDS.
>>
>>44275020
you know where you are, right? it means "character I don't like", here
>>
>>44275051

Yes because no one has EVER focused and let the force guide them before.
>>
>>44275051
She let the force flow through her.
>>
>>44275020

Clearly being sensitive or a jedi = Mary Sue.

We should have nothing but mandalorians forever.
>>
Couldn't Rey just extend her lightsaber length?
>>
File: N - ARC Trooper.png (4 MB, 2088x1494) Image search: [Google]
N - ARC Trooper.png
4 MB, 2088x1494
>>44274928
>Racial abilities besides your stats are all given point costs.
>Base points can only be spent on attributes.
>Starting racial attributes alter max attributes. If it starts at 2, you can go to 6. If it starts at 1, you max out at 5. If it starts at 3, you max out at 7.
>PCs start with +100xp over the base points. This is spent as regular XP from character advancement, and you can't buy attributes with it.
>Picking up a new career costs 10xp less, and doesn't give the skill proficiencies automatically. You can pick up any skill proficiency a career you have offers for 5xp. Likewise, you can pick up a force rating from a career (if you don't have one already) for 10xp. Essentially I don't make my PCs pay for skill proficiencies they already have.
>Simple Custom Reusable NPC Statcards for my NPCs (I've actually never seen the official ones)

Those are the main ones, aside from (if I want something weird) homebrew races, or custom-statted SW races for things with no official option.

I've been contemplating removing all non-attribute racials from the baseline pool, and having them instead subtract from the bonus XP I grant everyone. Because attributes are more valuable than the amount of points you lose at chargen if you spend those points on skills & talents.

I was, at one point, coming up with a pricing system for hiring someone to do upgrades for your gear, but I never ended up finishing it as the campaign fell apart.

Has anyone (official or homebrew) come out with decent rules for point-buy building/statting vehicles as a GM, or as a PC? How about point-buy baseline weapon creation?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.