[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should be the maximum power a player character should ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 500x233
What should be the maximum power a player character should ever have in (Insert your system here)?
>>
>>44264694
Depends on the setting, really, and where they stand in it.
>>
>>44264725
Okay
>What is the maximum power a player character should ever have in your setting? How does this compare with the rest of the setting?
>>
>>44264694
Well it's a 50/-25 game, so 75 points of power, I guess...?
Probably more and more as we play.
>>
>>44264694
>>44264752
Whatever you are most comfortable with as GM. If you don't mind dealing with the players creating their own pantheon, so be it.
>>
>>44265097
>What is the maximum power a player character should ever have in your setting and system of choice, for you personally? How does this compare with the rest of the setting?

Work with me here.
>>
>>44264772
How does that relate in game? What are they capable of, and how do they compare to others?
>>
>>44264694
You can never have more than 6 sex
>>
>>44264694
2*(e^0.5)
>>
Not enough data for a meaningful answer
>>
About the level of a duke or general. They might hold lands or command an army, but they're not an all-powerful ruler or the head of everything.
>>
>>44265551
It depends what they put points on.
A 20 points thug is going to ruin a 150 points accountant with a knife any day. On the other hand, that 150 points accountant can likely buy the thug's home and turn it into a garbage dump, directly or indirectly, or have somebody do it.
>>
>>44264694
Weakest than a rat unless they're casters
D&D
>>
>>44264694
Define power first
>>
>>44264694
Don't worry OP I know what you mean. I'm running a game where the party are greek demigods, percy jackson style. Any powers which reasonably tie in with their spiritual progenitors fields are ok, but are stopped the moment they either become powerful enough to make another member of the party irrelevant, or break what I think is a sufficient power level for the campaign (since they're starting demigods, I use a general rule of thumb that if it would allow them to take on more than 10 armed/trained average soldiers on single handed then it is overpowered.
>>
>>44264694
about 50% more than the weakest PC. Exceptions apply.
>>
Enough to comfortably slaughter a dozen crude firearm wielding men, or enough to where it would be a toss up if they tried to one vs one a minor dragon or greater outlander.
>>
>What should be the maximum power a player character should ever have in (Insert your system here)?

>>
>>44264694
I like Avatar TLA power levels.
Simple and fairly low bar the Avatar and even he was mortal
>>
>>44265606
That story was fucking great
>>
>>44264694
42. Its the perfect number.
>>
>>44266263

Asimov is a master of sci-fi, at least conceptually. I sometimes find his storytelling rather lacking in longer works, but his short stories are sublime.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.