[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kill 6 Billion Demons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14
File: WON41.jpg (646 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
WON41.jpg
646 KB, 900x1165
You gonna git loved Tenderly by Preem Naan Edition

Kill.6 billion demons is a Web comic worth a read for its Gnostic and Unique world and promises some prety high adventure in the firm of an RPG currenly being plates Ted around Throne and 777,777 other worlds.
>>
File: 1450087927373.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1450087927373.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Plates 1.2 is up.and rocking. I would like to see more tables in the Gm section where you can easily assemble a slap dash of races from Gigantic Golden Babies to Poxerly Mouseridden Devils for NPC sake
>>
>>44263996
Were you not here when Abbadon spoiled what was going on in that department?
>>
>>44264053
No. I may have missed it. I try to be Johnny on the spot.
Do enlighten me
>>
It would be prety clever if Abbadon where to let's the denizens of /tg/ create a score of worlds. Either that or some Traveller hex codes.
>>
>>44263996
That blue chick is a literal semen demon.
>>
>>44264041
The Hunger a cute
>>
>>44264041
Also Abbadon made some corrections to the pdf. The only one i remember offhand was that spider form should say without, not with.
>>
I like the comic, the game is actually kind of neat, been going over it with my GM to see if he'd try running a game.
>>
>>44263996
You sound like a fucking salesman, man.
>>
>>44265035
The webcomic depicts events in that world, which tells you both about the inanimate structure of the world as well as how characters act within that world. Both of which are important for shaping and playing in a setting.

Using the latest plot points to start a discussion prevents people from getting tired about having to start with Adam and Eve again. If the RPG ruleset update had been more substantial in ways that would lend themselves to discussion, it would be more prominently featured, just like when it first appeared.

Additionally, mentioning ongoing and as-of-yet-unresolved plot points is also a good facilitator for speculation, which means more creative discussions straying from regurgitating web comic moments, as well as the creation of more personal takeaways that people may want to incorporate into their own designs.

There, I hope I've now broken down what's obvious for most in a needlessly detailed fashion for you. Felt like explaining someone why people put flowers in vases.
>>
I'm half tempted to make a right and proper character sheet for this game.
As much as I love the "really rough" version.

Is there anything y'all would add to a.character sheet for this game that isn't
>implied
>>
How would.you Stat the seven demiurges? Would they even have a Class/ Archtype? Or did they themselves define the class.
Regardless I would give them all [Significant 3]

What do you say
>>
>>44265376
That's a nice idea. I don't actually know how powerful they are, but I suppose that's part of the charm.
>>
In the concept of weapons in the game, I can't see assult rifles really.being present. Grant save for the Gun witch we don't see.much root tooth point and shooty. But a Vishnu looking grizzled and salty Fury toting around a SAW and limpet mines doesn't really fit my headcannon
>>
>>44265446
Well, in the official setting, there's a reason we don't see many guns. But they can fit, considering that the game seems to be a generic system for crafting an adventure in any fallen kingdom type setting.

I get what you mean, though, the whole thing seems to push more sublime kung-fu than dakka.
>>
>>44265424
It's black speech or black srcatch. Whatever the devils.speak. a long string of insults that have commonplace translations. Which you would have known if you didn't read the first page of a review you got off the back page of google.

What's the devil speak called again?
>>
>>44265493
Anon, do you actually know English or are you viewing and posting through some machine translator? Or are you suffering from some kind of stroke?
>>
>>44265493
Black Speech, tha poxerly lackawit.
>>
>>44265519
I had thought so you malodorous seeping whore sore.
Orcs speak black speak in LOTR and I felt I was getting them confused
>>
>>44265493
That's like being proud of insulting someone in klingon
>you would know about this thing I know about if you did the things I do
>except I don't actually know about it
Kek
>>
>>44265491
>not liking John Woo-style gunplay
homoseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexual.
>>
What would be the worst possible guild to be a droog.in?
My vote. Them Ink dripper bitches
>>
>>44265651
>droog.in
Say what, now?
>>
>>44265710
A droog. Some.sort of low man guildie.
Droog coming from the language created in clockwork orange
>>
>>44265651
Depends, they got any milk-plus?
>>
>>44265762
Which is strongly derived from Russian.
>>
>>44265801
This is true.
>>
>>44263996
>that lightning
DON'T PLANESWALK WHILE DRUNK
>>
Can we stop arguing about webcomics place on this board and talk about the game? I'll start.
What class has your favorite aesthetics?
Which class do you think needs the most work?
>>
>>44267315

Gun Witch has always piqued my interest, since the original character has been introduced
>>
>>44267315
>What class has your favorite aesthetics?
I personally like the Beggar. Drunken wandering swordsmen can be pretty entertaining to play
>>
>>44267315
>>44267342
I'm curious what the second most feared order of witches is
>>
I was wanting to read it and I probably still will, and I do realize there is a buttmad bait poster up thread but he mentioned K6BD has tumblrness to it and I cannot abide tumblrness

How demisexual gender fluid transfaggotsexual does it get? Or is he just throwing a hissy fit because the main human's a girl,
>>
>>44275826
One character is a blazingly cold white flame in a stone shell who knows kung fu and sorta kinda identifies as a girl
>>
File: masturbating.jpg (113 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
masturbating.jpg
113 KB, 650x650
>>44265365
>Had a session just after work today.
I'll just reiterate my point from the release thread, Fated is boring and Fury is perfect.
My Master player has a great thing going, very Philosopher-King Pai Mei.
Law is Kung Fu Judge Dredd and I fucking love it.
Hunter Basic Moves do need a lot of work, as that other anon was saying before.
I like what I've read of the Hunger but my player hasn't done much with it yet.
>>
The boss looks the most interstin to me. Create a few lieutenants and have your guy run things from behind the veil and you can play shadow government or Morearty.

Plus showing up with 15 guys with big sticks is a powerful motivator...that is unless you are trying to strong arm a Fury.
>>
File: 1448483391850.gif (2 MB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1448483391850.gif
2 MB, 350x350
>>44276978
>Strongarm a Fury
The same variety of fool would try to drown a shark.
>>
File: wow.jpg (24 KB, 300x391) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
24 KB, 300x391
are you guys seriously going to make me use a tripcode

I've been kind of casually reading this thread all day, I was hoping there would actually be feedback or stuff I could answer about the setting since I think at least nominally there's a few people who've tried to run the game

never change, /tg/
>>
>>44277790
Did you see the other thread where the guy actually wanted to discuss your game? Maybe if you posted in there, and helped keep the focus on people who've actually tried to run the game, it would have gotten more than ten posts, and you would have gotten some feedback.

Just a suggestion.
>>
>>44277790
I saw someone on SA say he wanted to run a game on their tg forum, maybe check around there and see if anything happens.

How commonly do devils "possess" people, like with Nand? Is it rare or just uncommon?
>>
>>44277790
My new feedback is >>44276353, when I first saw the thread.
I've been waiting for ANYONE to respond to it and get a conversation rolling, but there's this tremendous faggot in the pipes.
>>
>>44277790
>>44277819
didn't, but definitely would have

>>44277820
uncommon, the whole 'remove a face and stuff a devil in' is weird and unnatural, it's a part of Cio's story and she helped invent it .

>>44277827
Thanks! I will definitely take a look at the Fated's moves and spruce them up a bit. I think a lot of classes have really good 'feels' to them and the fated hasn't quite hit that yet

I'm going to stop posting in this thread now, fyi
>>
>>44267504
I also really like the concept of the beggar, but its mechanics feel lackluster somehow. The only real core mechanic is insulting people, and it just doesn't feel like an appropriate core power for the concept.
>>
Bookmarked version when?
>>
>>44272103

I do not think we ever got a proper explaination of the witche's orders.

based Abbadon could you spoile us? Pretty please?

>>44275826

An angel, which technically has to be genderless, sort of deviates and start to think of itself as a girl it gets shanked for that
>>
>>44277933

Lore question: is Nand an extremely obese gold devil or is he a gold devil stuffed inside a sphinx?

Also, how many names he still has to shed before going ebon?
>>
>>44278797
As I see it you can go full Jackie Chan laddermaster or starting at level 3 you grapple EVERYTHING. Both are interesting, so I don't really see much problem.
>>
File: paperplane.png (775 KB, 850x450) Image search: [Google]
paperplane.png
775 KB, 850x450
Is there a mechanic for this in the RPG?
>>
File: biancadelrio3.gif (2 MB, 500x228) Image search: [Google]
biancadelrio3.gif
2 MB, 500x228
>>44267315
The Refined is my favorite, for sure. It's the only one that lets me play a luminously beautiful assassin drag queen like I've always wanted. Pic related.
>>
>>44279346
I'm gonna say probably all of them.
>>
>>44281150
This sort of thing looks like an effect instead of a specific ability. "I Have Just the Thing" or even use her own words "This Situation Requires Muscle".
>>
Is there a character sheet available somewhere? Like actual one, not the rough draft from the rulebook.
>>
>>44282634
Since the whole thing is a rough draft...
>>
Is Abbadon even planning on monetizing the RPG?
>>
>>44263996
>Gnosticism

stopped reading right there.
>>
>>44284188

He has explicitly said that we're free to share and post the pdfs to our heart content, so it seems not
>>
Is there any drawback for wearing the heaviest armour you can find in this system? Because I don't see any in the rulebook.
>>
Abby if you're still in the thread sorry about the autism levels

I was hoping for an example for what kind of stories that could be told with this system?
>>
>>44285264

I loike tot think it as a Planescape unsaddled by d&d
>>
>>44285486
>>44285264
My first inclination is to recreate seven samurai
>>
Anything you've learned about making an AW hack that's helped? Did you start with Simple World?
>>
File: Hooks.png (68 KB, 1857x426) Image search: [Google]
Hooks.png
68 KB, 1857x426
>>44285264
I suggested some hooks that no one has shown in any interest in, and asked others to add more.
>>
>>44284242
why?
>>
>>44286160
he doesn't know what the word means
>>
>>44281150
Strengthened Binding.
>>
>>44285065
It's [unwieldy].
>>
Do we know enough about the setting to play away from the comic plot? 'Cause that's looking likely to become a classic "Death Star Problem" (ie. something very big happened, and someone else did it, so the PCs can't).
>>
>>44285697
The more hooks into this frankly weird setting we have, the better.
>>
>>44289251
I'm planning on just making shit up. Also the Guilds are pretty baller so they'll probably be the main antagonists in my game.
>>
>>44289333
>K6BD
>weird
That's cute.
>>
>>44289615
It's a New Weird setting, so technically he's right.
>>
>>44289674
Not really.
>>
>>44289720
How come? I'm curious as to what you consider weird and not weird.
>>
>The Law is proficient in guns
>revolvers are statted
AW YEAH PARDNER THE SHERIFF'S IN TOWN
>>
>>44286241
The setting is kinda gnostic given that it's run by seven delusional demiurges. I'd reckon Solomon David is the closest among them to a proper demiurge, assuming he represents pride of course.
>>
File: you don't say.png (211 KB, 370x281) Image search: [Google]
you don't say.png
211 KB, 370x281
>>44292199
>The Eldar Scrolls
"It's all just a dream!"

>Orc Stain
Orcs who use biotech. And penises for currency.

Wow, so weird and original!

There is nothing new under the sun. The only thing new is how these things are put together.
>>
>>44293371
How does it fail to be gnostic hinduism with wuxia?

I can tell you right now it doesn't.

Your argument was that it fails to be weird.

Which is also doesn't.
>>
File: 1335468232401.jpg (363 KB, 1145x900) Image search: [Google]
1335468232401.jpg
363 KB, 1145x900
Ah, shut it, tha wailful know-nothings. Post plot hooks.

>An urn contains a legion of devils and their commander, captured during the universal war. If released they will head to the Hell the commander used to own and make themselves at home, regardless of the current occupants.

>Various powerful Vatra are on the hunt for a scholar who knows seven secret words for violence.

>The inventor of a certain martial art has decided that the universe would be better off without it and has begun to hunt down and kill every practitioner of the art. Including, potentially, a PC.
>>
Daaamn when did /tg/ become so autistic.
Come on, let's discuss the RPG and setting, not drown the thread in inane shitflinging about freaking categorization. Yes, it's initially a webcomic borne out of an MSPAF quest, but it's also got the RPG. And since the setting itself is interesting (at least, in my opinion), why can't we discuss it instead of bending over backwards to that one guy with an obvious shtick up his arse shitting over the whole thread?

What I want to know is more about the Black Speech the demons use. Where did it come from? Does it have any grammar rules we didn't see at first? Is it just interspersed with random cursing, or does those curses mean something deeper?

And also, if there are places like Throne, the Wheel, and the Ashlands, would there be more in store?
>>
>>44293953
>>44294084
I mean it's clearly like one or two or three posters shitting up the thread, but they've also come back after two complete clear-outs of it. This thread is also a bad thread by leading with the comic rather than the RPG, being created for no reason (no update, a few days prior we had a full and complete thread on the RPG).

I do think there's some weird autistic shit going on with the shitposter(s), like an obsessive dislike of the comic or Abaddon as a person, but at the same time it's definitely better just to let this thread die and create a new better one at some point in the next few days if you really want to discuss the RPG.
>>
>>44288644
And is there a difference between no, light and medium armour? Or do they just provide better armour ratings and that's it?
>>
File: le-trole-interneteur.png (138 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
le-trole-interneteur.png
138 KB, 500x500
>>44294182
>dismissing the argument for an ad hominem
>implying what I said in my previous post is wrong
>and if there were any wrongs you didn't point it out to gain argument points anyways
>implying argument points exist
Yeeeah, just keep on dreaming. I bet there's a demon just like you in k6bd's universe.
>>
>>44277933
How do devils shed names? Is something that reflects marking experience in some way? Or is anyone allowed to start from any devil rank whatsoever from pale to ebon without any power-level repercussions?
Also, if I want to play as a Huge creature, am I allowed to do so from the start?

I suggest a list of race-restricted moves too - something along the lines of granting wings or fire halos to angels, shapechange and other trickery to devils, and other abilities to flesh out some iconic servant races, like the giant golden baby or the boss race. Some firebreathing attack, an acid barf, wallclimbing, stuff like that
>>
>>44298364

>How do devils shed names?

Isn't it 1 contract = 1 name
>>
Okay, here's a serious question: What value does this RPG even have?

As far as I can tell it's exactly a reskin of Dungeon World. Why not just tell people to play dungeon world in your comic setting, rather than setting up a patreon to rerelease dungeon world in your comic setting?

This just seems like a crock of shit.
>>
>>44279328
>which technically has to be genderless
They don't HAVE to be, they ARE. It's kind of hard for sentient, immortal fire to have a gender, which is why it's weird for an Angel to think of themselves as "male" or "female."
>>
>>44275826
The three main characters are girls. They don't stand around talking about lipstick or crying about how hard it is to be a girl in a world ruled by the Patriarchy.
>>
>>44264041
>p.24
Does it make sense for angel follower to have Courtier, Devil, Love Interest or Merchant power and still follow the Old Law?
>>
>>44300142
>Why not just tell people to play dungeon world in your comic setting, rather than setting up a patreon to rerelease dungeon world in your comic setting?
The shekels, mang. He needs the shekels.
>>
>>44300519
The sorority sisters toe that line. Thankfully they get ditched after like four pages.
>>
>>44300142

playbooks, ma rules, fluff and a few basic moves

so basically, like any AW hack, except from DW.
>>
>>44277790
Do you take commissions for art?
>>
>>44277790
Please stop trying to make us make your game for you
>>
>>44294154
I'm not even sure the game merits its own thread. It's literally just dungeon world. Make a dungeon world general and keep it as a resource for settings, don't bother shilling this shit further.
>>
>>44303170
>It's literally just dungeon world
It's as different from DW as DW is from other World games, really. If we had general world threads I'd agree with you but we don't. This particular thread is a trainwreck and the sooner it's gone the better though.
>>
To be honest I'd just further hack Fate for this game from some Exalted hack or other. Why *World?
>>
>>44303396
Because Abby is a hack. Hell, he's not even making the game, he's trying to get us to do it for him.
>>
File: file.png (308 KB, 1039x1000) Image search: [Google]
file.png
308 KB, 1039x1000
>like this
>like the mysticism and style of it
>sure is original and interesting
>go to an American church for the first time in years
>>
So I'm looking at The Hunter, and I'm seeing a lot of the same problems that plague most stealth classes in other RPGs. Namely; he can go lots of places that the rest of the party can't, and so will either never get a chance to be stealthy or the party will have to sit around twiddling their thumbs until he's done infiltrating. And afterwards, if he gets revealed at any point he's completely on his own and vulnerable. On top of that, he's got no armor and nothing in the way of significant defensive abilities other than just running away.

Is this accurate, or is there something more to this class that I'm just not seeing?
>>
>>44307528
I'm pretty sure their sneak-into-place move is supposed to mean that their solo stealth adventure is summed up in one dice roll.
You do have a point with them getting caught and being helpless though, unless you say that Hunters are just that good at sneaking that they just can't be caught, with the fail state of the move being leaving obvious clues as to who you are
>>
File: Thronerevisited.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1100) Image search: [Google]
Thronerevisited.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1100
Did this thread get purged?
>>
File: ClanOfTheWhiteLotus.jpg (36 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
ClanOfTheWhiteLotus.jpg
36 KB, 550x309
>Master
>Dragon Snaps at Mice
Weaksauce. Maybe:
>Enemies with the [Group] tag do not benefit from their normal advantages against you.

The rest of the class is good.
>>
>>44310084
>>44311908
You are trying way too hard, dude. It'd honestly be better to just get a fresh start entirely.
>>
>>44312181
Not same dude. Sage for noncontributing correction.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.