[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grand Kingdom Game General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 8
File: asfgjhs.jpg (3 MB, 3658x3207) Image search: [Google]
asfgjhs.jpg
3 MB, 3658x3207
General. Keep Diplomacy and trade here.
>>
>>44263958
First for no one contacted me

;-;

Looking to trade and make alliances. I have lots of desirable meats and soon Honey.

Officially I know of Zargoz and Dorven but haven't made actual contact.
>>
>>44263958
>tfw Sea Elves of Aldane getting rekt by horendous rolls
>>
>>44264165
No one contacted me, and the guys I know are on the other side of the ocean. I even have the only trade post.
>>
>>44264165
That's what you get for being in fantasy-Australia.
>>
>>44264185
Don't worry, bro.
I'm going to declare war on the savages as soon as I have a bit more weapons research down. This is the first, last, and only time anyone will ever be attacked by these disgusting beasts.
>>
>>44264188
If I realised that I would've contacted you, since you're kind of close to me.

Alas, I chose Aldane and Zargoz.
>>
>>44264201
Bacacia knows of me, but hasn't contacted me.
>>
>>44264188
I nearly contacted you but it seemed to gamey with so many other nations closer.

>>44264190
Errr I'm Yellow, Midderland. Not my dark skinned Pelo cousins. Bunch of bloody abos...
[I don't actually have anything against them, hobbits unite, if he reads this]
>>
So does just everyone get +2 to currency, as a form of internal trade in their nation or something?
Cause far as I know only the council has pearls providing currency per turn.

Also anyone interested in trade? Particularly Umastu and Gloiningen, i guess since we're neighbors.

Resources/Quantity: [generated by GM] [amount]
Rice Farms
Lumber[200]+200/turn
Iron veins
Tin Veins
Wheat Farms
Herd of Cattle
Potato Farms

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Farming 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
[Irrigation-1]
[Herding 1]
[Mining 1]
[Smithing 1]
[Printing Press-1]
Research fishing, Success Medium
Progress 2/4

I think we should try and figure out some kind of basic resources use for our shit. Like mines costs 100 x ships x ect. What do you guys think?
>>
Population[20,040](+20/turn)
Food: >Scarce(no growth)
Raw Currency: [4] (+0.1/hex/turn)
Culture: [10] (+0/turn)
Happiness: [Content)
Territory: 20 Hexes+half a jungle hex
Unique Buildings: Classic Castle
Small wheat and corn farms
Defenses:
Trade Routes:

Bonuses:
Destroyer of Heathans: Reroll any 1 battle roll each turn when fighting npc factions that you view as savages/scum.
Manifest Destiny: Add +5 to any one roll to expand borders each turn.
Eccentricities:
Imperialist: Your obvious desire to expand your borders can sometimes cause diplomatic issues with other nations.

Military Units:
150 ships
x2 Human Platoons [x3]
Resources/Quantity:
400+200 lumber/turn
Saltpeter
Pitch
Schools of fish
100 Iron Swords
100 Armor
Technologies:
[Weapon Making 1]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing 1]
[Survival 1]
[Mining 1]
[Smithing 1]
[Farming 1]
[Printing Press 2]
I know of Venicia and Gloiningen.
Actions:
>>
File: brain-problems.png (42 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
brain-problems.png
42 KB, 500x354
>>44264208
Ah, right. My bad.

I get confused with player names not matching the nation names.
>>
>>44264221
I too am having that problem. Odd should add the numbers back if he can. Or I'll add Midderland to my name...

It seems we'll contact eachother at some point due to proximity
>>
>>44264214
Every Hex give +1 Population and +.1 Currency
>>
>>44264240
Probably.

We wish to learn the secret art of being an island.
>>
Oh, and if you know a nation they can introduce you to the nations they know
>>
File: traditional-vases.jpg (105 KB, 570x382) Image search: [Google]
traditional-vases.jpg
105 KB, 570x382
Population[20,020](+20/turn):
Raw Currency: [2] (+2) [generated by GM]
Territory: 20 Hexes
Unique Buildings: Corporate Headquarters
Defenses: ( None to start unless otherwise noted)
Trade Routes: [none initially]

Military Units: [generated by GM]
10 Large Ships
100 Medium Ships
x2 Platoons [x3]

[300]Lumber/turn
Schools of fish
Coral reefs
Sulpher vents
Coal veins
25 Bee Hives
Potato "Seeds" (hunks of Potato)
Tomato Seeds
Herd of Cattle
Corn Seeds

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
[Farming 1]
[Irrigation 1]
[Printing Press 2]
[Animal Husbandry 1]
[Violin Making 1]
[Glass making 1]

Politics:
I have sent envoys to:
Dorven
Umatsu
An envoy has been sent to me from:
Gloiningen

Projects:
Farms 0/3
Cattle Ranch ---
>>
>>44264240
We could just make a list of nations and names a pasta and put it at the top in each thread.
>>
Can someone explain what is this?
>>
>>44264281
Hey! we have ship building 1 now!
>>
>>44264217
forgot that hexs adds to currency.
nvm the question.
>>44264214
End of Turn 1
Population[20,040](+40/turn): Double Population 3 more turns
Culture: [11] (+1/turn)
Unique Buildings: [generated by GM]
(You have one HQ Building in your capitol
Library +2 to any one research roll a turn
Temple

Bonuses:
Strongest Bookworm: Once a turn you can EITHER re-roll one research roll under 50 OR one combat roll under 3
Eccentricities: [generated by GM]
High Orc: Your lower orc cousins think youre not orc enough and other races will never see you as more then orc, culteral boundaries affect you more then others.

X3 Orc Platoons [x3]
100 Medium Ships

Rice Farms
Lumber[200]+200/turn
Iron veins
Tin Veins
Wheat Farms
Herd of Cattle
Potato Farms

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Farming 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
[Irrigation-1]
[Herding 1]
[Mining 1]
[Smithing 1]
[Printing Press-1]
Research fishing, Success Medium
Progress 2/4
>>
>>44264308
A game where we all rp as a nation/head of state in a fantasy world.
>>
>>44264259
You laugh now but I have pork, Venison and honey.

Have fun eating your unbaked wheat you philistine!

>>44264293
That's not a bad idea!

>>44264308
There's a second thread. You come up with a nation and some fluff, GM gives you some abilities based on that then you develop your kingdom, research stuff etc. Don't know if there's any space left.
>>
>>44264201
We're close bro. But I'm a bit tied up on my homeland at the moment. I'll be looking to strengthen ties with my neighbor before that though.
>>
>>44264281
>>44264330

Yes you do, that first roll of the second turn put you 2/6 on your way to ship building 2
>>
>>44264366
Oh Aldane, you can choose to now attack the sea monster with your whole army, bad luck with your eaten elves
>>
>>44264360
Hey, we've got cattle, goats, potatoes, tomatoes and bee hives in addition to our wheat farms! We're probably the most culinary nation in the game right now.

Sure, we haven't quite figured out how to use most of it, but still!
>>
>>44264388
Then I shall do that then. Time to smite this asshole. You need me to post tactics and a roll in the thread or will the tactics and such that I gave to my full Reaver platoon carry over?
>>
Are people posting turn 3 up now or is it the tail end of turn 2? Orc be confused.
>>
>>44264330
Mah nigga

>>44264368
Sweet
>>
Population[20,020](+20/turn):
Unique Buildings: Corporate Headquarters

10 Large Ships
100 Medium Ships
x2 Platoons [x3]

[300]Lumber/turn
Schools of fish
Coral reefs
Sulpher vents
Coal veins
25 Bee Hives
Potato "Seeds" (hunks of Potato)
Tomato Seeds
Herd of Cattle
Corn Seeds

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
[Farming 1]
[Irrigation 1]
[Printing Press 2]
[Animal Husbandry 1]
[Violin Making 1]
[Glass making 1]
[Ship Building 1] 2/6 Upgrade

Politics:
I have sent envoys to:
Dorven
Umatsu
An envoy has been sent to me from:
Gloiningen

Projects:
Farms 0/3
Cattle Ranch ---
>>
>>44264394
Clearly we should unite. With our selection of Meats we could open some sort of BBQ steak house. We have honey and tomatoes for the glaze, wheat for bread buns, Boar for bacon, potatoes for chips...

I see great potential
>>
>>44264217
Pitch

What resource is that?
>>
>>44264544
Oil-like stuff, used to make ships waterproof IIRC.

>>44264513
I like the way you're thinking.
>>
>>44264544
Pitch is a resin/tar. It has many uses
>>
How do people feel about
50 x for first building of anything.
100 x for medium
200 x for Large

Cost upfront. So no building unless you have the resources for it upfront too? nothing like, oh my i have lumber coming in any way or iron coming in anyway to build my swords/w.e

Also for things like
weapons 1 metal = 1 weapon 2 metal = 1 armor? or would that complicate things to much?
>>
>>44264604
A little small, on the high end. Something like a castle could cost
1000 Limestone
500 Timber
250 Marble
25 gold(for decoration if you want that)

But its up to you guys really to find average market prices.

See
>>44264631

>weapons 1 metal = 1 weapon 2 metal = 1 armor

Yes
>>
>>44264497
Check out what I got for starting stuff
>>44263753

Odd that is really cool
>>
File: World Map.png (1 MB, 3658x3207) Image search: [Google]
World Map.png
1 MB, 3658x3207
>>44264747
>Will add them too. Brb in a while
Giácomo Medici, CEO of the East Venicia Trading Company, approaches the elven captain.

"Captain Fairwind. How are you?

I come bearing a message from the Board. They're looking forward to using your reputation for exploration, and actually have several tasks they wish to present to you and your crew.

1. Citrus

As you are well aware, the plague of Scurvvy over long voyages is an incredibly costly one, and ultimately limits the ability of our ships to sail far away.

We have, however, heard of rumors that ship crews who eat certain Citrus fruits, have managed to avoid this plague. It may be the cure.

We need someone to go search for an explore for any such fruits. Evidently they are often colorful, and have a tangy or sour taste as well as a wet pulpy flesh and an inedible skin.

2. Local Map

If you might look at our current map of the world, Captain, you will find it is most lacking.

We know of the Dorven Kingdom, Gloiningen, and Umatsu, but are sorely lacking in knowledge of the local geography. We would like you and your crew to outline the landmasses in our immediate surrounding.

3. Expedition to the Southern Arctic

Ice and cold have long been known as agents of preservation, and thus we believe it is essential to setting up Ice Gathering colony somewhere on the southern arctic to gather and collect ice.

We suspect that you may be able to sail down along the coast of the Dorven Kingdom's contintent, and eventually you may reach an area close to the Southern Arctic. We would like you to establish a colony there, as well as a map out the regions on the way thereof.
>>
I need to get me a pocket vassal as well...
>>
File: th.jpg (7 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
7 KB, 300x187
>>44264790

Gerrard was lounging on the deck of the silver drake, as he is want to do when he herd a commotion from the pier.

It didn't concern him, not much did.

Untill the CEO of the EVTC, Medici himself showed up.

"Sir I'm well, I wasn't expecting you to show, not on such a nice dace as this....(I hoped anyway)

"However regarding Item one, I've herd of this "Citrus" growing in the land our new customer Umatsu to the north."
>>
>>44264940
[They do? >>44247799 I'm not sure tomato's count as a citrus fruit, they also ripen a lot faster than lemons, limes, or oranges]
>>
>>44265031
No They just got it, when Odd finised round one turns...wait no I double checked and that was tea fuck I'm going crazy lol

"Sir, I will explore the chain of jungle islands to the south on my way to the arctic!
>>
>>44265096
Tea is just as good. Gonna need to get me some o dat.

"Good luck Captain, Lady Wisdom guide you."
>>
>>44265143
It seems like he gave us really good stuff. I guess the line in the rules about fluff being rewarded s true
>>
>>44265031

((Tomatoes are Solanaceae, the same family as potatoes... and deadly nightshade. But we are playing societies still struggling to learn how goats make more goats, so getting things wrong IC isn't unexpected.))
>>
>>44264840
I hope my vassal shows up. So he can roll on things. I want him to focus on certain things, while I get other things up to par. Would be nice
>>
>>44265207
(ah.

Also sup Gloiningen, I was gonna propose a defensive pact to you IC just like I did with Dorven Kingdom)
>>
>>44265235
>>44265207

Ah, Yes I see, build a wall of dwarves around us, maybe we should transplant some in the south! We can start a brewery on Venicia and they will long be our allies!
>>
>>44265364
Hmm, I need to start making some Corn Whiskey and also be on the lookout for hops.

>>44265207
>>44251107
"As you say, it may be somewhat early and premature to be squiring military contracts my friend, but we of the Company enjoy planning ahead so to speak.

If you were ever to be one day interested in a defensive pact, we have one already written up. You may look at it if you wish."

---

-- THIS THE TREATY BETWEEN THE HONORABLE EAST VENICIAN TRADING COMPANY WITH GLOININGEN –

Clause of Mutual Defense

In the event that either/or the states of the East Venician Trading Company or Gloiningen where separately or collectively attacked by a hostile power, or threatened with violence by a hostile power, or otherwise acted upon in a detrimental and disruptive manner, both states pledge a mutual defensive pact to immediately come to the aid of the other in the purview of military or industrial support as far as is possible by either state, such as but not limited to the sending of allied armies, supplies, or transportation aid.

Clause of Treatsie Entanglements

In order to prevent the conflicting entanglements of different mutual defensive pacts or other such treaties, such as in the case of one member of a pact attacking another member of a pact, or through third proxxy create a similar conflict by attacking another nation to whom also has a different defensive pact with, the following agreements are to be adhered to by both signatory states:

1. Any additional defensive pacts signed by either/or the East Venician Trading Company or the Gloiningen to a third party are to be respected. Neither state is to attack a fellow nation with such a third party defensive contract.

>con't
>>
>>44265389
2. Full and fair warning can and should be given to any signatory power that either/or of the aforementioned states are seeking another defensive pact, alliance, or obligation contract which could potentially result in hostility. Signatories are capable of reviewing said future contract proposals to review and then choose at their discretion whether or not they wish to assent and honor them. Such that we can avoid situations where a signatory state signs a pact with a hostile power or previously hostile power which has conducted a great wrong.

3. Violations of the contract do not constitute immediate or retroactive dissmissal, nor do violations of third party contracts. Whenever a breech or potential breech is to be complained of, those signatory powers will gather in a neutral grounds to discuss and rectify as far as possible, ensuring with every ability that the nation in breech returns to a state of compliance with the contract.

4. When it is found that a a signatory willingly engages in aggressive, disruptive, or dishonorable against the spirit and/or letter of said contract, unrepentant and unwilling to return to compliance, it's status in this defensive treaty will be deemed void.

5. Force Majeure - Extenuating circumstances regarding the intentional or unintentional resultation of a signatory or proxxy signatory power significantly harming, detrminenting, or otherwise resulting in an extreme malicious effect will be taken into account.

An example being, if one of us is to suffer extreme detriment due to the action of an ally of the other, or proxxy ally, actions against said individual shall be considered acceptable provided they are within reason. With the understanding of Clause 3 and 4 that all diplomatic action be pursued to resolve peaceably as far as the ends of possibility.
>>
>>44265423
"I will also inform you, that we are seeking a parralel and equal agreement with the Dorven Kingdom, a nation who lies to our west.

From our reports, they are an honest and industrious people, and value honor such as we do as well.

Venicia holds its contractual and written word to its highest standard."
>>
>>44265489
Yup. I mentioned it in fluff, just check the above posts.
>>
>>44265389

The Dwarf's beard twitches for a while as he reads, then gives a gruff nod. Then he scratches his signature onto the parchment.

"Aye, seems a fair' nuff deal; your people have Gloiningen's co-operation in this matter."

>>44265478

"And long-lost brethren? If they're worthy and industrious as you report, we'll look forward to meeting their representative; perhaps even expandin' this agreement tae a Tripartite pact o' sorts."
>>
>>44265600
"Excellent news indeed!

Truly it would seem, the Dwarven Races of the world are destined for mutual greatness."

>When Dorven Kingdom's returns, I'll make a fluff event where both of your envoy's meet in my capital with sufficiently ranked person to meet each other, and sign both respective contracts
>>
>>44265690
Venicia Turn two is up if you'd like to take it, almost everyone else has and I'm just writing up their turns now
>>
>>44265840
Oh, okay, didn't see a season change. Can I get a link?
>>
>>44265872
Yes here is what you need

>>44263781
>>44263886
>>
>>44265941
Thanks
>>
>>44266035
There are a lot of notes there you need to read. Half e=of everyone didnt but whatever,
So I wanna know what you think Venicia, about the naval rules.
>>
>>44266089
ignore the e=, dk why that got there its from somewhere else
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>44266089
Should I roll for how I kill the goblins?
I'll send both of my platoons after them, in iron armor with iron swords.
>>
>>44266089
It reminds me of Red_philosophy's rules, of which I am well familiar with. Combining units means it's less strain on the GM having to handle only a few rolls instead of dozens, and truth be told may also be applied to armies (which is what was done there too).

Concenring Unit Transport Ships. . .that's a bit of a grey area for me. I would think most military vessels are also capable of a degree of unit transportation as well, also this means nations will have to construct additional UTS to transport units over landmasses.

Take into account also the merging of armies (which you have not implemented but might want to think about before you get 50 rolls for 50 infantry units). How many UTS would you need for a "Big huge army [x50]?

I would suggest rather, allowing normal military units a set degree of transportation like [fighty ship] [x1] [.5 UT] (thus two fighty ships can transport 1 unit).

Don't forget the potentiality of merging infantry units onto ships for boarding or in late game merging aerial units onto carriers.

Truth be unit naval transportation is also mostly relevent on amphibious assaults on island territories. How do you plan to handle non-combat transportation of units? Such as moving armies too and fro colonies and such?

---

Combat is of course a fundamental aspect of these types of games, and I may suggest looking "mobilization" rules but that's a bit more complicated, and I would suggest asking him about it.

The very brief of it is mobilization is a state in which a nations industrial capacity is rerouted from civilian efforts to war time production, allowing a steady generation of mobilized units without the expenditure of actions (therefor saving a lot of turns 'just building up troops/ships/planes before attacking'). It improves combat speed in the game.

It is a way, like real war, to directly apply a nations industry in a militaristic manner.

Again, talk to Red he should be in #nation
>>
>>44266185
A, please do it in the game thread and two units would be 2d10

>>44266241
AH I have not seen his Naval Battle rules, do you have a link?

>Take into account also the merging of armies (which you have not implemented
Yes I have it's even in the rules and I have discussed it in the game

The amount of ships required is currently one per unit regardless of what it is, I'm not happy with that but am unsure. Its designed to reflect how the TOTAL WAR series of games handles Navel combat, where Navy ships have a clear advantage against unit transport.

>
Don't forget the potentiality of merging infantry units onto ships for boarding or in late game merging aerial units onto carriers.

Have been taking that into consideration already.

>and I may suggest looking "mobilization

...did you read my rules, I wrote alot of them myself and have a whole chapter on mobilization
>>
>>44266241
You do otherwise raise good points
>>
>>44266241
>>44266298
Sorry, I just remembered they are in them now. . .I've got a lot going on.

>>44266298
He didn't have specific naval battle rules, he was able to account for Land, Naval, and Aerial units in a battle where and when they were applicable, as well as unit modifications.

For example, units with [Fast] modifiers when used against [slow] units earned you a couple more points in the battle calculation. Likewise infantry with small arms going up against [Arm] armored units like tanks gave the tank force some points, but if they were infantyr armed with [AT] weapons like RPG's or such then they had the advantage.
>>
>>44266356
Thats okay, I was actually very happy with making up two forms of mobilization...

Yea I have read through all of cinder so I've gotten a feel for how he does things. I just wanted to have specialized Naval rules. Eventually I'd like my own rules system thats a bit more in depth...I'm Very excited for the new version of magical realm builder coming out soon-ish as Red is gonna start one at some point very soon he was saying. Because kaiju is not going how he wants at all
>>
So every platoon to pack of warriors has how many per group? 50? 100?
>>
>>44267553
Platoon was always 30 I think.
>>
>>44264214
Never respond to your messages because you dont send something formal.
I have no goods to trade now, but of you are interested in my tech
[Fishing 1] [Gathering 2] [Guitar Making 1] or [Ship Making 1]
Im interested in your [Printing Press-1] [Mining 1] and/or [Smithing 1]

And we may do an arrangement of knowledge in wich automatically share the new tech researched. Are you interested in something like that?
>>
>>44266450

Tech question! Are we allowed to freely trade tech knowledge, is there more of a 'you can help the ____ nation learn this tech they know for a +20 chance on their rolls' system, or is all direct tech exchange non-exstant?
>>
>>44268768
You can trade people techs if you use an action for it, then it out completes as long as you dont fail
>>
>>44269024

Ahh, that's good to know, thank you!

>>44266356

The Gloiningen emissary to Venicia, his thumb still stained with quil-ink, then pauses. "An'..." he coughs. "We've been... having a bit of trouble with our goats. Don't suppose you could send someone over to give the herdsmen a.. demonstration, o' the ins-and-outs? We could send you a huntsman or one of our administrators to help you in them areas..."

([Animal Husbandry 1] for [Hunting 1] or [Bureaucracy 1] (or something) as actions for us next turn? )
>>
>>44268443
mhm, Well Fishing I'll be getting soon. Ship building not sure I want that right now.
Gathering, what exactly does that entail?
mhm Guitar making too would be interested in.
Let me know
>>
>>44269539
The Venician dipomat ponders for a bit, before returning a reply.

"Mhm, yes you certainly do have certain organizational structures, especially concerning construction, which we are interested it.

We'd be more than happy to exchange certain technological and resource assets. I believe there are a number of deals we wish to present to you as well.

We will trade:
>[Animal Husbandry 1]
For:
>[Bureaucracy 1]

We are also interested in purchasing a number of sacks of Wheat from you:
>2 Raw Currency
For:
>Wheat Seeds

---

Ah, but there is one more thing I believe you can assist us with. We are skilled in establishing ranches, as well your people are skilled in construction.

We wish to hire your services for construction of both a [Large Drydock] and a [Large Trade Port] so that we may facilitate trade easier. Wood will be provided by us for it.

If there is anything we can provide for you to hire for such a project, be it Raw Currency, technological research towards a technology you wish to develop, or other, please inform us.
>>
>tfw no diplobros to roleplay with
>>
>>44270334
>tfw I'm converting iron kingdoms to gurps, its way more work then I thought it would be and my game is tomorrow.
I would really like to post more, but damn so much stuff.
>>
Need gurps Help >>44270416
I run RL games in gurps weekly
>>
>>44270664
Thanks I'll ask in gurps general when I need help. Don't wanna clutter this thread too much. Its just loads of work because I have to make new skills, advantages, adjust prices and the normal magical colleges really don't work well with iron kingdoms magic so I have to make loads of magical styles.
>>
>>44270966
Dude, get ritual magic if the schools dont work (I hate the base magic system) . Also I never look in that thread because I hate /tg/s opinion of gurps, also Thaumaturgy is great
>>
>>44271117
That... actually works pretty good. Nice thanks!
>>
>>44271277
Why did you choose me as one of your known nations?
>>
>>44271381
Why not? You're pretty near. I would trade saltpeter if I had the intention of getting sailing done anytime soon honestly.
>>
>>44265690
[Im here. A little drunk but here]

>>44266450
[Hey Odd, do I need to do up a new turn or can you just use my write up from a while ago?]
>>
>>44271597
Your write up is fine, I'm just sort of doing other things
>>
>>44271634
[Cool, just wanted to check, sorry.]

[I dunno have I said this but thanks for doing this shit dude. As a DM, I know this can't be easy to manage and you're doing well at it so thanks]
>>
>>44271436
I can't speak to my known nations, as they're on the other side of a huge ocean, so could you contact me?
>>
>>44271680
You can choose two others, also talking is free but if you ever try and send something...

>>44271655
Thank you
>>
File: tour_pic2.jpg (38 KB, 479x225) Image search: [Google]
tour_pic2.jpg
38 KB, 479x225
>>44271597
[Good, then we can begin]

>>44271597
>>44265600
Invitations were sent to both the Dorven Kingdoms and the Gloiningen to arrive to meet each other's respective ambassadors.

Once arrived, the guest would be treated to our finest room, to eat fine meals over Venician glassware and banquets, to speak and exchange words and each other's culture and come to a better understanding.

"When both of you are sufficiently ready, we are prepared to sign the treaty before the witness of all parties involved."

>Feel free to fluff with each other, just say when you're ready to sign
>>
>>44271775
>Also if you are ready to sign just say yes, so I can write that up too
>>
>>44270152

The emissary from Gloiningen ruffles his beard, thick fingers stroking his chin through the bristles. "Well, I'd have to hear how the harvest goes, but if it's a good one I wouldn't object to the idea of sellin' some leftover seed-wheat. Trouble is the price; I was thinking of buying some sacks o' that fat yellow grain of yours for investigatin' some uses of it, an' beacuse o' the inherent weaknesses of runnin' a monoculture making diversification a sensible precaution, but I'm nae sure if the sellin' price of th' wheat would cover it? But if you can assure me it can, well, then you have a deal there."

>Wheat Seeds
for
>Corn seeds
counteroffer, basically! As long as we both actually get some spare seed crops after the harvest

He then holds up a finger. "As for the proposal to build you a [Large Drydock] and a [Large Trade Port]; we're certainly interested, and think we'll be able to help. But it might take a while, and we'll need to get an estimate together. D'you have any deadlines for completion we'd need to meet, an' any criteria for material composition? If, say, we build th' whole port of wood; just one spark on a hot day and your fleet could be kindlin'... " He gives a grimace, behind his beard. "We'll improvise where we must, of course; but I find it helpful to build somethin' sturdy and reliable that the customer specifically wants."
>>
>>44271775
''It has been long since I spoke with kinsmen not of my lands. It shall be interesting to see what sort of people they are. Well then, Emissary of Gloingingen, you are well met on this fine eve''
>>
>>44271825
Yes, we will trade you corn for wheat and this si most agreeable.

As for the corn, as you say, we shall have to await the harvest to see how much we make of it. But seeds are a non-issue.

"No deadlines, not at all, and as you say quality is the greater virtue over haste. Fire is always a hazard in wood construction. Alas, all we have IS wood, and if we only had a reliable quarry for stone. . .

Perhaps it might do good if one or both of us where to develop a Stone Quarry. There is some potential work for you there as well, though we understand if you have only so many actions to spare."
>>
>>44272001
>>44271825
[If I may, cousins and potential allies, my people possess great quarries of Limestone and Marble. We would gladly trade some of each for foods and such.]
>>
>>44272043
[Yes, although I'm not sure Limestone would make a good building material for a water based dock, and I have other uses for marble.

Name a price, and I shall trade you food for stone]
>>
>>44272344
[Hmmm. How much food do you produce and how much of that can you spare? You will need to collect it as I lack for ships but I will do my best to offer you and my cousins across the sea a fair price]
>>
>>44272408
[I'll have some numbers for you and Gloiningen after this turn I think. It's good because winter is coming up.]
>>
>>44272628
[Precisely. And my written up action includes a stockpile so I should be able to get the stuff stored. Additionally, if you should like some fine Dwarven Axes, I would gladly trade them for lumber or a small few ships. Perhaps a deal could be arranged?]
>>
>>44272699
[Actually, I have other uses for your smithing skill than weaponry, but yes a deal can be arranged. First I need to build the docks though to make and replace ships.]
>>
>>44272758
[I understand. Still, it would be wise to look to your defence as well in the near future. But yes, we would be amenable to your suggestions most likely.]
>>
Guys, there will be a full update, battles and season change from me in the morning. If threads alive I MIGHT do it there depending on post count if not I'll create a new one. Keep this thread alive and let that one die. Also I will create a different utility map to use as the image for the generals.
>>
bumping the general
>>
In a rare quiet moment, Hravnar looks out from the top of his hill fort. He sees a mess of wooden huts, angry orcs fighting each other, and labourers in the distance failing to clear land for pasture. He sighs to himself. He has dreams of greatness, but getting there in reality will be a difficult journey.
>>
>>44279200
Damn I gotta step up the rp.
>>
>>44279333
When you want to bump, fluff it. Adds something to the game as well as stopping the thread die.
>>
>>44271890

"And you are met this eve, by the gold. The professional republic of Gloiningen is always pleased to meet kin with industrious nature."
>>
"We should tank the gods for this fall Bountiful Harvest" says the men in the platoon seeing the new farms when they go back after the hobgoblin ambush
>>
>>44279609
''A long and prosperous life to you. We remember that which made our people great, cousin, as do ye I feel. So, what can you tell me of these new lands?''
>>
Keeping hope alive
>>
Bump it up!
>>
>>44279710
>>44279609
Morning all

I am not sure our kingdoms have made contact. I know that we know of each other since the world even, but have our people met?
>>
[Any word on when next turn is to be up? Im assuming its taking Odd a while to get through everything, and a part of that is definitely my fault so sorry, but Im just curious as to when its up]
>>
Odd died on the way back to his home planet.
>>
>>44282787
[RIP In Peace sweet prince]

[Anyone else on? Even if we aint got a turn going Id like to continue my attempts at diplomacy and such]
>>
>>44282805
I'm here.
>>
>>44283002
[Pity we haven't been able to make contact. Hopefully we can soon though. I should have a lot to trade shortly enough]
>>
>>44282748
He said 'tomorrow morning' but I don't know when that is for him. Any time now assuming he's US?
>>
>>44283250
[Well, he uses EST so Im guessing he is but who knows. Maybe hed a hard day at work or something...]
>>
>>44283250
[Whats your country anyway? Hravnar of what?]
>>
Come on Odd, I want a chance to do a turn where I don't fuck something up
>>
>>44283341
Brit here. Been around a lot recently because I haven't been in work the last couple of weeks.
>>
>>44283643
[Oh. Im a paddy myself but I meant like what country on the map. Your trip hasnt your country name or number...]
>>
>>44283659
Drudamal, I think.
>>
>>44283659
>>44283740

Yea, Drudamal. Wasn't following you there at all. I've whacked it in my trip to avoid it in the future.
>>
>>44283952
[Cool. You're the Orcs, right? I forget what your countries like. Should be interesting when we make contact anyway]
>>
>>44283994

Yea, orc tribal confederation. We're barbarian as fuck though, and my rolls haven't done much to change that so far. Any roll involving some sort of real progress seems to fail.
>>
>>44284014
[Pity that. Hopefully things will go well for ya]
>>
>>44284034
There's always the option of hiring myself out when people need a group of orcs to smash stuff up for them. I suspect that'll be a need people have as time goes on.
>>
>>44284048
[Possibly so. Or even going full Mongol, though I suspect both could lead to you getting dogpiled.]
>>
>>44284082
It's probably a lot harder to dogpile someone this time around, what with the resource system and the distance involved
>>
>>44284110
[Looks that way alright. I guess we'll see. Tbh Im thinking of hiring out some units myself, similar to last time but with good reason. First I wanna improve them though. Gotta make my Kreigerteils hardcore since Im tryna dorf it up]
>>
[Wonder if the whole ''vassal'' thing is whats slowing up Odd]
>>
>>44284135
If you are interested. Peregwulf of midderland wishes to send you an emissary to treat with you.

[Can't remember if we discussed anything properly in "game" terms ]
>>
>>44284890
[I would be glad to receive an emissary. I cant send one what with lacking ships as yet but Id gladly receive one]
>>
>>44284924
"Greetings! I'm the chosen speaker of the great middawalda Peregwulf the giant. I have travelled far in search of your impressive Kingdom. My people have long known of you but my Lord seeks you for a special purpose. It is his chosen right to be master of midderland and he will need strong allies. He will also need strong weapons. He believes your people can supply us with both."
>>
>>44285478
''Well, you are well met then. I am sorry Oghren could not meet you himself but he is currently in negotiation of a treaty. Might I ask you about your peoples and your lands? Perhaps you could tell me something about your leader? We have heard of his might but unfortunately little else.''
>>
>>44285504
My lord sent me in his stead, I will not mind if yours sends you. Peregwulf traces his lineage back to Cynric the far traveller, who claimed descent of the war God Woden. He who originally landed in midderland. It is by this right he shall unite the hundred kingdoms of Midderland. He is fair in rule and noble of spirit. I say, as his second cousin twice removed on his mother's side, that it would be hard to find a better ally.

He wishes to open friendly trade relations if nothing else. Especially for weapons. Some of our hobbit folk are less willing to open their doors to him than others."
>>
>>44285762
''I can imagine. Well then, what of his goals? Would we be sending him axes only to find them turned on us in his path of conquest?''

''We are interested in trade, you understand, but we are wary. It has been long since we have had significant outside contact. And what sort of size are the hobbits, on average? Would an axe of ours suit them? We would need to know if we had to adjust them you see.''

*The dwarf takes of a sheath of notes*

''Certainly our standard design of axe seems like it would be alright in height for yourself, though I wonder about the weight. And what has your master to trade in return for such?''
>>
>>44285850
"That is very doubtful, a hobbit wouldn't betray an ally like that! Besides you look more than a match for us. The hobbits of Midderland are around the size of a dwarf but we lack your strong frames. We are adept at stealth and treading lightly, skirmishing, scouting and moving quickly. Without meaning offense I feel that's an area your people lack in. Such differences could serve to make us both stronger.
Although the axes might need to be lighter. We can adapt the design. The quality is what we are after if not the exact piece. Our land has not fully been scoured yet. Immediately we have lumber, honey, Venison, Boar, Rice and Wheat. I imagine big fellows like yourself would like a tastey boar or two!"
>>
I'm guessing that we won't be playing today, see you all tomorrow.
>>
>>44286522
''Indeed so, indeed so. We only have our hardy mountain goats as of yet, succulent boar would be of great interest to us. And yes, an alliance would be of interest to us if we could count on your aid in stealthy matters, as you said.''

''As to the axes, Im afraid it isn't quite that simple. See, we forge them of solid Iron throughout as we lack lumber. Any weight reductions made after forging, then, would greatly reduce the structural integrity of the weapon and that simply would not do. However, if you can provide us with the lumber, we could shaft the ones we send to you with wood easily and adjust the sizes and designs to suit your aims. A smaller axe, more suited to 1 handed wielding, with a fine head and a reduced beard so their is less to catch on enemies. A speedy, hard hitting weapon suited to yer smaller frames. What do you think?''
>>
>>44286821
"I think Peregwulf would be more than happy to pursue a full alliance. The idea of a combined army is a tempting proposition.

We would be willing to supply the wood to rehaft them if necessary. The weapons would help strengthen our troops in melee and speed our conquest of midderland.

We can also negotiate the trade of goats and boars. I have the authority to sign any terms on behalf of my cousin if you wish to make some"
>>
>>44286965
''Unfortunately, it is only Oghren himself can sign a true alliance so that will need to wait till he has returned from negotiations. I am sure he will like the idea though, especially given his history as a leader of men in his clans forces.''

''If ye will supply the wood, I shall agree to that. Perhaps you might ship use some additional lumber for our own use? And the trade of goats and boars sounds ideal, truly. We could do with some to have at our Winter Festival, it would add greatly to have exotic meats available.''
>>
>>44280364

"These new lands? Truth be told, we've only recently met these Venician fellas ourselves, but they seem a peaceable sort, keen to work and learn. Haven't seen much of the rest of their lands, 'sides from at a distance... but I'm hopin' to get a good look about at some of these new lands before I return to give the Senate my report on the new treaties."
>>
>>44287657
''Aye, they seem as such. And their leader is an honourable man I hear. And what of your own lands? Most of my life has been spent on campaign in my own lands and trying to organise the Clanmeet and such. I know little of your own lands, cousin.''
>>
>>44287076
"I understand. Hopefully he takes to the idea. It will help make both our peoples prosperous. I will return to my leige and explain all that has happened. We will give you 50 lumber to make 50 dwarven Axes. However I do not believe our stocks are sufficient to export wood. How much do you wish for? Regardless we shall also trade a number of boars for goats. It will probably take us a season to catch them. They roam our woodlands in great numbers."
>>
>>44289631
''The axes shall arrive as soon as we are able to send them. If you wish, I can have the order rushed though they will be of somewhat lesser quality. As to the wood, if you can spare enough that we may make a trading ship of our own, once we have the knowledge, I would be extremely grateful.''

''As to the boars, we will trade you 10 goats for the same in boars, if that is amenable. They are fine beasts with shaggy coats that make fine wool and strong limbs. They produce good milk too.''
>>
bamp
>>
Keeping hope alive
>>
Tru... I mean bump
>>
He's dead, Jim.
>>
Baaaamp
>>
Hey Odd, how much does Axe Making 1 cover? Is it just 1handers and 2 handers? Does it cover them all and simply dictate quality?
>>
>>44299852
I got the impression that weapon making was attaching a stone/chunk of metal to a stick. Axe Making 1 would be proper battle axes sort of thing, then higher levels would be stronger/fancier/better balanced/sharper etc.
>>
>>44299962
You mean... harder, faster, better and stronger weapons
>>
>>44299962
Then what does leveling Weapon Making do? Let you find sharper stones and longer sticks?
>>
>>44300146

Damn, son, you got me stumped there.
>>
>>44299962
See I assumed it was about making the leap to making proper weapons. Im wondering would it include throwing axes and such too though. Could be a useful detail
>>
>>44300146
>level 10 weapon making
>your troops literally use a boulder tied to a tree for a weapon
>>
>>44300204
A hobbit with a boulder strapped to a tree. Now thats a terrifying thought
>>
>>44300252
Better start research on [Body Building 1] right away.
>>
>>44300269
They'll be needing plenty of Venician food to keep swole.

Milk for strong bones for instance!
>>
>>44300757
Or our hardy goats milk. Puts hair in your beard.
>>
>>44300757
[Venicia, are you fully on as yet? Willing to close out our negotiations or do you want to wait for Gloiningen before we complete the talks?]
>>
>>44301103
I am totally ready to fluff the negotiation, however as said I would like you and Gloiningen to sign it synchronously.

The easiest way is to make the post then for both of you to just reply to it, I presume there will be no immediate qualms between the both of you
>>
>>44301798
[Seems that way. Im waiting on info from them but once I have that in hand I can't imagine Ill have any significant issue signing.]

[I mightn't be online a while though. My laptop battery is dying a death and I wont be home a while most likely]
>>
>>44301834
You think we gonna play today?
>>
>>44301103
>>44287657
>Presumably at a later time when you both have come to an agreement

Upon this most officious day, the representatives of the Venicia, Dorven, and Gloiningen gathered in the great hall of the Corporate Headquarters of the Honorable East Venician Trading company.

Surrounded by witnesses and officials of all three nations, they came to sign the accord that would strength each individuals position by a collective bond of unity and defense, and forever cement good relations between the most noble peoples of the tri-party powers.

A Judge bangs his hammer to gain the attention of the court, and speaks, acting as the voice of all that is law and reason, and explains the scenario to everyone that can hear.

"We are gathered here in the sight of gods and men, to usher in an age of security and prosperity between the three powers of the East Venician Trading Company, the Dorven Kingdoms, and Gloiningen. All of us here, acting in the full authority vested in us by our peoples and our nation, have come to this place in full agreement and understanding.

May Lady Wisdom look favorably upon us, as with a few strokes we secure peace not through swords and fire but with pen and honor."

-- THIS THE TREATY BETWEEN THE HONORABLE EAST VENICIAN TRADING COMPANY, THE DORVEN KINGDOM, AND GLOININGEN –
http://pastebin.com/3x3nSWxu

----
Giácomo Medici, CEO of the East Venicia Trading Company, signs this treaty
----
>>
>>44302139
[Dunno. Monday was meant to be an assured day but who knows]

>>44302145
A grizzled old dwarf rises, to speak the situation to those assembled
"Vi er samlet her i synet av guder og mennesker, å innlede en alder av sikkerhet og velstand mellom de tre maktene i ost Venician Trading Company, de Dorven Doms, og Gloiningen. Alle av oss her, handler i full myndighet opptjent i oss regjeringer og de forfedre som forte oss til denne dagen. Måtte Ancestors ser positivt på visdom av dem samlet, så de kan godkjenne av våre handlinger her i dag'' he intones and then takes his seat

[I figure if it must occur in your hq, and understandably so, we might as well get our words in as well. Make it more official seeming and dramatic]
>>
>>44302139
Doesn't look like it.
>>
>>44303526
I hope odd is ok. But im seriously thinking in leave the game
>>
>>44303639
[Well, if ya gotta go then thats cool dude. But yer cool so it'd be cool to see ya stick around.]

[I am kinda worried about Odd though. Hope he didn't get in an accident or some shit]
>>
That's online rp'ing for you. A missed day or two doesn't do any real harm.
>>
>>44303816
[Aye but some word on whats up would be nice. Still, the dude has his life, gotta respect that]
>>
OP needs a twitter.
>>
bumpty
>>
Bump.

Double up: Bump Bump!
>>
Never give up
Never surrender
>>
We have held the line for generations. We will not yield to one night of boredom.
>>
>>44290754
"I will return to midderland then, if our business is concluded but will leave a ship and more junior diplomat in case anything else needs to be discussed urgently. I assume you will take care of him.

10 for 10 is a good trade. It is enough go kick start our own herds.

I'm not sure my leige has enough wood to help you with that. I am no shipwright, how much would you require?"

[How much wood is it to build a ship anyway? I can't have more than 350/400 wood.

Hold the line lads, we'll keep the thread alive]
>>
>>44309809
''Actually, I have a suggestion on the matter. Stay the night, eat with us as a friend and let us see the measure of your people. In the morrow, we will be able to conclude our negotiations. Oghren will not allow his other negotiations drag on much longer I am sure. Then, with your business here assuredly complete, you can leave.''

[I have no idea to be honest. I think 1 lumber is like a full tree trunk so probably like 5 or something]

[I have a fluff thing planned out if yer dude stays btw. Might as well, ya know? Fluff for the Fluff God]
>>
>>44309809
>>44309905
[Forgot to re-enable my trip, sorry.]
>>
Hey everyone. So this is whats up with the game. Its still going and I wont let it die but my family Christmas party got moved from the the 21st to the 20th, I have had no time to work on this since I posted last. I'm still alive will be throwing up a turn soon, not sure how much updating will happen till christmas.
>>
>>44310553
[Ah right. Its cool dude. Even if its only like 1 other turn, Im sure its no bother. Just helps to know whats up]

[Hope the party went well dude]
>>
>>44299852
Yes, it covers all forms of basic axe and is basically just a quality cap.

>>44299962
This.

>>44300146
The same thing as said above for axe making but is a general modifier of all weapons and higher levels will reveal new weapon types.
>>
>>44310553
Good to see you still with us Odd! Enjoy the we'll be here whenever you're ready.
>>
>>44311151
Oh excellent. I can really outfit my troops then
>>
>>44309809
>>44309905

I'm thinking like 10 lumber for a medium ship but its up to you, maybe you build a lighter/heavier design. It's really up to you to convince me how much something is
>>
>>44311285
The most reasonable way to go about it would be to balance the cost based on its availability

If you get 400 lumber a turn, then 1 lumber probably shouldn't be enough to make anything significant

10 for a ship sounds alright to me, though
>>
>>44311477
well lumber is strategic, 1 lumber is like 1 tree, and not all nations have it. But some builds will require 1000s of lumber
>>
>>44311285
[Im basing my idea of 5 on the fact that its a small sized trading vessel in the Viking style, ya know? We are only starting out as yet and we haven't even the tech for it as yet. I might make a request for more lumber when we actually close the deal though, my ''attention'' was sorta elsewhere]
>>
>>44311577
Then I imagine that would be a light ship as opposed to a medium ship
>>
>>44311577
>>44311609

Agreed, and Heavy ships are where you get into proper sailing vessels.
>>
>>44311609
>>44311669
[Most likely. It is entirely non-military, purely for getting some axes and stuff delivered to markets.]

[Im taking this as our first tenative steps into the ocean sorta]
>>
>>44311669
>>44311609
>>44311577

Medium Ships are like sloops, and tramp vessels in all their forms. Hmm between Mitterland and the Dorven Kingdom flat bottom barges could be a possibility.
>>
>>44311939
[So the greyed out oceanic hexes are like shallow water then? Ideally Id like to be able to reach Venicia too at least, though Im assuming Umatsu would be beyond the reach of such]
>>
>>44311939
>>44311669
Will it be possible for Medium/Large ships to be built with UTS capability? With certain upgrades/resources of course.
>>
>>44311993
Yes thats exactly what they are.
>>
>>44313643
[Thought that but I didn't want to presume. By the way, is there gonna be giant freaky sea monsters everywhere or is it a rarity? Or is that too much info to be asking for?]
>>
>>44313701
>giant freaky sea monsters
Gonna need some dorven steel harpoons and ballisate soon
>>
>>44314295
[Might help if we had lumber then. And ships]
>>
>>44314314
[for that, I'm banking on gloiningen and his construction abilities. Otherwise I'll have to do it myself]
>>
>>44314370
[Trade could be amenable as well. We could each offer some materials and such. After all, I still have limestone coming in by the assload. More than I really want or intend to use]
>>
>>44314314
[Who has lumber besides me? I know I've got plenty of the stuff.]
>>
>>44314455
[I think Gloiningen and Midderland might, not sure. Either way, Im looking to trade for some. Ideally Id like to get like tree seeds but lumber would still be useful]
>>
>>44314493
[Well trees aren't exactly a vegetable. You can't just plant a crop and harvest every year, you pretty much need a forest. You'd probably have better luck expanding until you get some land with trees on it.]
>>
>>44314578
[I suppose alright. Although if anyone can come up with industrial horticulture in a medieval level setting its probably Dwarves]

[Would you be interested in Limestone or something similar perhaps? I have a trading post now so its a viable option]
>>
>>44314628
[An exchange of building materials sounds pretty good. I don't plan on using a ton of wood, just enough to build me some ships, and limestone would be better for buildings.]
>>
>>44314455
I have a steady source.

>>44314628
I'm interested in limestone too
>>
>>44314684
[I have some stockpiled already. Quite a bit actually. How much would you like for now? Would you have anything else to offer? Ye are both offering the same resource which, while valuable, may be more than I need.]

>>44314704
[Well, as a soon to be ally you do take precedence to some degree of course. Would you have anything else to offer? Ye are both offering the same resource which, while valuable, may be more than I need.]
>>
>>44314742
[Eh, just trade with him then. I'll just stockpile more wood for later.]
>>
>>44314801
[Well, I did make contact with you for the express purpose of trade. If yer interested, even if its a trade of meats or some other food, I'm happy to accept. I am looking for foods for my Winter Festival after all]
>>
>>44314314
Monster encounters mostly come from failed expansion.

>>44314370
Hmm itll need to be a joint effort to use his ability with your tech unless you give it to him

Turns coming shortly
>>
>>44314742
I suggest fostering good relations and trading with Teldor for now.

I will have some excellent stocks of preserved foodstuffs soon however.
>>
>>44314873
[Well then, if you could share such with me before the commencement of my Winter Festival, I will establish a trade route with Teldor for Lumber and we can all be happy, yes?]

>>44314801
[Whaddya say, constant exchange of Limestone for Lumber?]
>>
>>44314927
[Sure, we'll need to work out the kinks though. I get 400 lumber a turn, how are you looking on limestone?]
>>
>>44314962
[As of now, 100lbs a turn. I intend to increase production across the board shortly though, with my research into Limestone. What rate of exchange would seem appropriate to you?]
>>
>>44314868
[Yeah, but he doesn't seem to be here atm]

>>44314927
[You want lumber? I can give it you immediately next turn. Would like some limestone and/or marble]
>>
>>44315014
[Im negotiating with Loroen for some as of yet. It would be easier to move over land than over the sea anyway. However, your preserved foods and even non-preserved but exotic foods would be of interest to me. Perhaps we could arrange a yearly recurring deal in the lead up to winter?]
>>
>>44315006
[Research into Mining I mean. Sorry.]
>>
>>44315070
[We very well could. Wait before you post once Odd gives the updates, once I have the food numbers I'll be ready to get the trade propositoins and then action up]
>>
>>44315006
[Hm. I kind of have an idea of lumber's worth, but limestone's is a bit of a mystery. No idea how much is used for building projects. Has Odd given any examples?]
>>
>>44315183
[Not as yet. It makes a very good material for building statues and such irl, being easy to work. Good building material too if yer inland a bit]
>>
>>44315209
>>44315183
[As someone that lives near massive visible deposits of it (The Burren) I can tell you Limestone is a rather interesting material and rather handsome. Plus it acts very well as a fertiliser, given that its composed of rotted fish and such from the ancient past]
>>
>>44315209
[Then how does a 2:1 ratio of lumber to limestone sound for now? I'm a bit hesitant to commit too much while having no idea how much limestone it takes to build. If you'd rather wait until you have more accurate figures, then that's fine, we could draw up a different deal later.]
>>
100 units of limestone could build most average buildings probably, 1000(s) for Major castles.

OKAY so I have everything ready to post including battles but itll be a little while as I cant post right now
>>
>>44315362
[Im a bit eager to get wood frankly. The ratio sounds good provisionally, assuming we agree to the potential of adjusting the rate later if it should be found to be too much in one of our favour? I will start shipments shortly, 25lbs at a time.]

[Bear this (>>44315362) in mind too, btw. A bit of clever use could find it being rather valuable to one with farmland...]
>>
>>44315430
Limestone by itself is naturally susceptible to decay (especially since I'm a mainly naval state with port towns).

However I have other plans for limestone that will solve exactly that problem. A nice durable concrete plan.
>>
>>44315433
[Then it's settled. Starting next turn, we will be sending you 50 lumber a turn.]
>>
>>44315574
[I guessed thats where you were going with it. Limestone builds well enough inland though, long as yer not expecting acid rain. Also, good fertiliser.]
>>
>>44315615
[Magnificent. You will be receiving some of our Limestone as well]
>>
[Bumping for the Ancestors]
>>
[This will be my last bump of the night. Someone put up a link when the next game or general goes up]
>>
Keep the dream alive
>>
>>44314455
I produce 100/turn
>>
>>4430990
"I will agree to that, a true measure of a man is how he handles his feasts!"

[I could give you 10 lumber for a ship if you don't have it already.]

>>44310553
No problem man, have a good Christmas.

>>44319765
[We will have to meet at some point, southern cousin. ]
>>
never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down
>>
>>44320667
[You have the knowledge to make ships I presume? I so, a ship would be preferable over raw lumber.]
>>
[Bump for the Bump Gods]
>>
[Anyone else on?]
>>
>>44322955
Here the conclave!
>>
>>44322955
On and off.
>>
>>44322955
yo
>>
>>44323149
[Gloiningen aint been on in a while, have they?]

>>44323143
[cool]

>>44323106
[Any interest in trading? Or establishing a trade route?]
>>
>>44323232
[Yeah, hoping they're still around]
>>
>>44323289
[Aye. Might just be because theres no game thread up they aint paying attention]
>>
>>44322955
I'm still checking in a couple times a day.

I tend to forget my trip when posting though.
>>
>>44324177
[Cool, good to hear. And yeah, remembering the trip is a bollocks]
>>
Hey kingdomplayers, Ive been lurking for a bit and might want to join a game in the future. Question: could someone post link to rules? Thank you very much.
>>
>>44324737
[Here they are in their current incarnation. Feel free to drop some questions if ya need to, it'll keep the thread bumped at least.]

[http://pastebin.com/0uWQ2Ee0]
>>
>>44324737
Who knows, maybe all the delays caused somebody to drop it and you could take their spot
>>
>>44324816
[Well, Umatsu was talking about dropping and Gloiningen hasnt been on in yonks too.]
>>
>>44322098
[I do have ship building. I could make you a small trading ship, if you wish.]
>>
>>44324930
[That would seem a good trade for our axes, at least its better than the raw lumber given my lack of ship building knowledge]

[Would such a vessel be sea worthy such as to reach Venicia or would it be restricted to shallower waters as are between our nations?]
>>
>>44324856
Umatsu dropping would lead to interesting options regarding some sort of anschluss with Drudamal though...
>>
>>44325646
[You are neither near enough not possessing appropriate cultural claims to actually conduct an anschluss, unless Im greatly mistaken.]

[On the other hand, you could certainly try to conquer them, maybe even make the new guy a vassal or something]
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.