[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The average man's fat free mass is 2.6 standard deviations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: sexdiff.png (76 KB, 501x481) Image search: [Google]
sexdiff.png
76 KB, 501x481
The average man's fat free mass is 2.6 standard deviations above that of the average woman. Assuming that the amount of fat free mass is approximately normally distributed (a reasonable assumption), less than 0.5% of women have more fat free mass than the average male.

So, yeah, -4 strength
>>
>>44263662
PCs are not average.
>>
>>44263662
How does this contribute to players having fun?
>>
>>44263662
Is there a point to this other than explaining why women have nice curves that make my dick hard?
Because restarting the -4 Str argument won't do jack shit.
>>
Anime
>>
>>44263673
It probably doesn't, OP just wants to prove a point and get posts.

Hide and move along, people.
>>
Holy shit where was this sample taken?

The mean for both sexes is overweight by BMI and body fat percentage.
>>
>>44263731
Literally any anglo country
>>
>>44263767
I wonder if OP wants us also to believe that the average adventurer is fat according to the chart.
>>
>>44263667
This is why my character's stats are six 18s.
>>
>>44263662
Well, yeah. It's obviously fairly stupid to assume that the average woman is as physically strong as the average man.
>>
>>44263870
Now, it's why your class isn't "commoner", with 8 in all stats and skill ranks in craft/farming.
>>
>>44263888
Women who aren't commoners are level with men who aren't? That doesn't make sense, given OP's statistics.

Unless you think fewer women become adventurers? In which case, no -4 STR, but a cap on the number of female PCs.
>>
>>44263977
Cap by what metric? I'd like to see the population number of all existing worlds in all the multiverse so I can begin making an accurate count of how many women that leaves us with.
>>
>>44264018
>>
>>44264018
Relative to the number of males.
>>
File: 1384015585479.jpg (215 KB, 787x783) Image search: [Google]
1384015585479.jpg
215 KB, 787x783
>>44263662
Wow what an original thread. I sure haven't seen it a millon times before. Sure it provides a lot of useful information for tabletop games.
>>
>>44264063
I've seen worse posts on /tg/, such as >>44264063
>>
>>44264076
You sure burnt me, OP. You sure did.
>>
>>44264095
>implying only OP is capable of calling you the shitposter you are
>>
>>44264112
>implying OP isn't shitposting
>>
>>44264128
Could be worse. Could be >>44264063 or >>44264095 or >>44264128

Give me OP over that lot any day.
>>
>>44264133
OP, please. Just accept we're all faggots here.
>>
>>44264018
Well lets go by the military. Thats average people being trained beyond average. Those that can become more will become more. This is already extraordinarily biases since most TTRPG have "naturally" occuring above averagers rather than actually going and making it happen to increase numbers.
Women in the military are around 14.5 percent. Again lets ignore the fact that their standard scores are around 20% lower for passing when compared to men since this would preclude almost all of them, since this is still above average for women lets just roll with it. Now the "hero" population is 14.5 women explained using preexisting stats. Got 10 party members? Well having ONE of them be women is ok. 2 is pushing it but still okay. 3? Well shit there better be another party made of 10 males or its bullshit.
New standard reached. I even cut alot of corners so theres not even the dreaded "-4str".
>>
>>44264199
You sure burnt me, anon. You sure did.
>>
>>44263662
>a woman has twice the penalty to strength as a 45-pound midget
>this somehow makes sense

also:
>fantastic settings
>perfectly following the sexual dimorphism we see in real life
>>
>>44264210
In a physically strength-based party, sure.

Doesn't mean that women couldn't achieve greater proportional success in something like spellcasting or rogue, where it might help to be small and light.
>>
>>44265295
Depends. I don't want to go track down all the shit again but women are naturally more dextrous but thanks to mens denser muscle bundles and bigger joints and tendons therein we can achieve greater flexibility and we naturally have and can develop kinesthetics so we'd be better at DEX as well. If we take into account battlefield injury survival rates and that fact its a 50/50 for concussive forced induced shellshock for men but for women its 100% we'd be better at CON. We also have a higher population in the higher end of IQ as well while women are even placed across the board so we're better at INT. WIS and CHA would be hard to even determine so lets leave that level.
>>
>>44264210
>African americans are the 12% of the population.
>This means that more than 2 african americans together is rare and 3 is completely unrealistic

This is your line of thought.
>>
>>44265413
I an evenly displaced population sample yes. I'm assuming the "hero" population across an entire planet is evenly spread as well as the races in question for ease of stating. Until other information is worked in this is the best and fastest way for census. If the game takes place in the ghetto's i'd say having more than 1 white member is pushing it same for if we were in europe and there was more than one black etc.
>>
>>44263662
Dnd stats are logarithmic so -4 strength is more like the difference between a adult man and a four year old child. -1 strength +1 dex is more appropriate if you absolutely need sexual dimorphism.
>>
>>44263662
PCs are by definition extreme outliers in any population. This means that any inference from a statistical survey would be statistically invalid as an extrapolation.

Literally Stats 101. Get rekt pleb.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.