[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite ability score to ignore? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: frank_frazetta_thedisagreement.jpg (471 KB, 878x1200) Image search: [Google]
frank_frazetta_thedisagreement.jpg
471 KB, 878x1200
What's your favourite ability score to ignore? I'm personally fond of low CHA and INT runs, make for great loveable oafs or well meaning but autistic fighters.
>>
>>44262215
Low wisdom is nice , that way you can play the street dumb person who gets into trouble constantly.
>>
File: potato.png (60 KB, 241x274) Image search: [Google]
potato.png
60 KB, 241x274
>>44262215
>low CHA and INT runs
>runs
W... what?
>>
>>44262215
Dex. The clumsy party member always makes for fun stories.
>>
>>44262215
low STR, INT, and WIS, with really high CON, DEX and especially CHA for the party's favorite f*cktoy
>>
>>44262215
I like playing characters who are reasonably good in multiple roles (to the extent that system allows), so i don't usually have a dump stat. Probably STR or the like if i absolutely have to choose.
>>
Constitution.
>>
>>44262215
>low int
Enjoy not having ranks for skills , without doubt one of the stupidest mechanics in D&D
>>
>>44262317
Only in bad editions.
>>
File: Sylph Dervish Dancer.jpg (78 KB, 568x591) Image search: [Google]
Sylph Dervish Dancer.jpg
78 KB, 568x591
>>44262215
If we're talking Pathfinder... strength. Strength every fucking time. There are ways to get Dex to Damage on SOMETHING no matter which class you're playing (The Dervish Dancer Feat, for example).

Yes, I'm aware this is a glaring flaw with the system. Yes I'm aware the system is shit. You wana convince my group to play another system, go for it, I'm sick of trying... until then, I will continue to abuse the fuck out of Dex-to-Damage and dump strength every time.
>>
I really enjoy bad stats all round. I played an old man who had;
8str
6dex
8con
10int
14wis
11cha

He was to date my favourite character I've ever played.
>>
File: Decent fellow.jpg (72 KB, 201x259) Image search: [Google]
Decent fellow.jpg
72 KB, 201x259
>>44262547
>>
>>44262547
What this guy said. Kinda. Who even cares about dex to damage, PF is Caster Edition.

That said, if I'm not playing a caster I like to set CHA and INT on fire. I like to play salt of the earth, strong silent types who express their feelings with daggers and who 'persuade' people with glares and threats.
>>
>>44263022
>Catalog
My group generally disallows casters, aside from NPC villains and the likes, unfortunately. They're very much into low-magic games and nerf casters haaaard.
>>
>>44263033
Not sure why that posted ">catalogue"
>>
>>44263033
Ouch. That's bullshit, having NPC casters but not PC casters. When Team Villain gets access to stuff you'd actually want but Team PC doesn't, I usually take that as an indication to find a new group. Either stuff should be in the setting, or it shouldn't. That's indicative of some problems that are easier to walk away from than to deal with, and it's a huge red flag.

Truth told, PF isn't built for low-magic games. 3.5 wasn't either. CR straight out doesn't work with the assumptions that low-magic requires, so that's a red flag as well. Not that CR works incredibly well anyway.
>>
>>44263122
You sound like the entitled munchkin I would toss from a group ASAP.
Not everything in a game needs to be at the players fingertips, and it's only people who grew up on 3e and it's ilk that believe such a silly thing.
>>
File: 1432227641556.jpg (275 KB, 960x895) Image search: [Google]
1432227641556.jpg
275 KB, 960x895
>>44262215
High stats are for power gamer anyway.
Everything on 10 master race.
>>
>>44263237
And you sound like a control-freak whose game I wouldn't play in to begin with. Hint: if you have a bit of skill and experience with building and balancing encounters, and how to make challenges that revolve around more than just killing things, you can adjust to dealing with casters. Cutting elements out of the game (besides silly shit like infinite loops) shows that a DM is uncreative, inexperienced and unwilling to learn.
>>
>>44262547
No, the flaw is people choosing to ignore carrying capacity. Even with 10 strength it's pretty tricky to not go into medium load while carrying everything you need. A bag of holding alone weights 15 lb, and god forbid you actually want to wear armor.
>>
>>44263558
>The Badguys get to play Drow! I should get to play Drow too!
>*Proceeds to make a Drizzt ripoff*
>>
>>44263645
Unless you're playing a system that has Armor as Damage Reduction, there is NO reason to ever wear anything above Light Armor, since higher dex pretty serves the same function anyway.

It's stupid as hell, but then so are a million other things in Pathfinder's rules... and like I said, my group refuses to play anything else.
>>
>>44263664
A leather armor alone weights 15 lb, type I bag of holding weights another 15 lb and the max light load for 10 strength is 33 lb. That leaves 3 lb for weapons and other things you may not want to stuff into the bag.
>>
What would you Dump in a AD&D game? My group of childhood friends like it for some reason and won't change systems and I'm going to be rolling a character in it soon (4d6 drop lowest since our GM is a softie).
>>
>>44262215
Is it just me or does that barbarian look like Val Kilmer?
>>
>>44263736
It's just you, and a million other people who aren't on 4chan
>>
>>44262215
All my PC NEEDS is excellent DEX and CHA, and acceptable wisdom and intelligence.
Rogue is not a class, it's a way of being!
>>
>>44262215
Wisdom, usually. The skills associated with it kinda suck, it's a worthless skill in combat for everything except resisting a few mind-altering spells (immunities easily obtained in other ways or effects simple dispell'able by your party caster), and generally only useful to a very small number of classes.
>>
>>44263645
Bro, do you even donkey and wagon? I have that shit by level three, level one if I can pick the wealthy perk.
>>
I usually dump charisma as low as I can in Pathfinder.
>>
>>44262215
>playing AD&D 2E, 3d6, in order.
>what's a dump stat?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.