[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My next PC's motivation is going to be find a wife. What're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1442881278177.jpg (149 KB, 472x543) Image search: [Google]
1442881278177.jpg
149 KB, 472x543
My next PC's motivation is going to be find a wife.

What're some other simple motivations for a character? I don't really Pathfinder anymore, but I remember really liking how one of the iconic PCs fell into it escaping a wedding, and another guy just wanted to learn magic after getting old.
>>
>Helvan
He is the barbarian I am currently playing, his entire motivation is to create a mercenary company. He wants to rise to prominence.
>>
>>44261866
I played an old knight who wanted to befriend a dragon
>>
>>44261866

My 4e Warforged Warden just wanted to explore the world.

His story was that he was de-activated some time ago, and only recently was actiavted again.

in hindshight this really seems like me copying Bastion from Overwatch, but whatever it's a cool background to play a warforged enjoying himself with all the sights and sounds this new world brings to it.
>>
My most recent character started out as the property of a slaver-baron, then joined a group of mercenaries/bounty hunters (which all the other players are part of) after they were hired to bring her "master" to justice.

No real motivation there besides the fact that the group is her "family" now and the group also needs someone who knows how the criminal underground works (which this character picked up in her decade or so of being the property of a crime boss).
>>
Was planning to play a barbarian character who wants to find the answer to a prophecy, that he believes will relieve the droughts that have stricken his homeland. He must seek out three signs, based on extremely vague and cryptic descriptions, which naturally leads him to chase any possible lead that relates to them.

For example, one of the signs could be "a hawk taking flight before a burning tower", which could drive him to seek out falconers, or towers, or ongoing (or upcoming) sieges, or even engage in arson in the hope that this will somehow lead him to the truth.
>>
>>44262145
Befriend or "befriend"?
>>
>>44261866
>Bernardi
>NG Human Fighter
An old adventurer who wanted to walk into certain death one last time.

So far he's finding new purpose helping out the youngins learn adventuring and helping out his new pseudo-son see the whole picture, a lesson his previous son shoved in his face before leaving home.
>>
File: motivations.png (491 KB, 1300x1236) Image search: [Google]
motivations.png
491 KB, 1300x1236
>>44261866
I prefer "making the world a less shitty place to be in"

But that's just me.
>>
my gnome wanted to open up his own high class restaurant after the rest of the party wrecked his food cart in a high speed chase. His new goal is food based golems
>>
My brawler wants to get better at punching things, and heard that robots were challenging to damage with punches.
>>
>>44262862
Well, yeah, that's a fine starting point, but what does it translate into, in practice? You really need to have some kind of measurable, achievable goal in mind. Something you could jot down on a list, and be confident you've completed when you tick it off.

Like, I posted >>44262638, and he also wants to make the world a less shitty place. But that broad motivation translates into following the words of a soothsayer, under the belief that the fates have revealed to her the solution to their people's suffering. He'll know he's completed his task, because his homeland won't suffer droughts anymore.
>>
File: Ky Kiske.png (772 KB, 1023x1280) Image search: [Google]
Ky Kiske.png
772 KB, 1023x1280
>>44262936
There's a despot in the south: let's go kill him.
There's bandits in the woods, let's fuck them up.
There's a terrorist evading capture: find him and kill his ass.

If all else fails, I'll try to take over the world and make it a better place.
By force.
>>
My investigator just wanted to solve the problem she was hired for. Hitting level 20 and becoming deputy chief of police in an insanely advanced magitech city was just a happy side effect.
>>
My character wants to leave the world a better place than when she arrived.
Simple on paper, but this world's society has deteriorated over the last 80 years into a Mad Max-inspired hellhole thanks to the mysterious disappearance of over 99% of women. And it's getting worse, since the birth rate is similarly almost all men. And yeah, the men are thirsty as fuck.

God I hope my GM knows what he's doing; this campaign could be a total shitshow...
>>
>>44263075
Pretty sure you've entered the GM's Magical Realm.

Pretty sure that Magical Realm is Gang-bangs.
>>
>>44261866
What, just a wife? Like, any wife? Assuming you're a murder hobo, do you know the amount of pussy a reasonably good adventurer (not even high level) can get? He can settle down in any village or town with his money, flirt with whatever girl there is, and get a wife in 30 minutes flat.

Girl are hypergamic maximizers, and a murder hobo is as hypergamic as you get. A wife? Seriously?

Though getting a particular woman as a wife, or finding a 'good' (elven, noble, sorceress, etc) wife is another thing entirely.
>>
>>44263130
Maybe his character is the last of a repulsive slugman race. And a lesbian. That would lower the character's chances as a suitor.
>>
>>44263089
>>44263075

Enjoy your rolls to avoid pregnancy.
>>
I want to go home, but I'm VERY lost.
>>
>>44261866
Treading the jeweled thrones of the world beneath my sandaled feet.
>>
>>44263130

When you're on the adventurer train, it pays to know your options are only going up.

That's the thing with adventurers, as you said. Women want them, men want them, but the adventurer has the choice to shop around. Why settle for the pretty milk maid with good jugs when you can go for the perky blonde bard in three levels? Hell, why stop there, why not wait until nobility flicks the bean to the thought of getting bedded by you? By level 15 you're exactly that.

Shit, I'm intentionally ignoring the potential for non-human lovers because then things just get absurd and situational, but by level 3 you'll have the pick of a village, level 7 the pick of a city, and level 12 the pick of a nation.

>>44263192

They would be rolls to GET pregnant, technically.
>>
>>44263163
Not enough to stop her from pulling mad pussy in every town she stopped in.
>>
>>44263192
My character shot herself in the uterus as part of her backstory. I made sure that shit wasn't gonna fly.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.