[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Count as... fire monk.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: aJury.gif (159 KB, 179x242) Image search: [Google]
aJury.gif
159 KB, 179x242
How do D&D rules allow a monk to use fire/ice/electricity to power their attacks?
>>
File: aJury.gif (21 KB, 117x115) Image search: [Google]
aJury.gif
21 KB, 117x115
Purple Pyro
>>
>>44260064
Try 5e. While 4 Elements monk is a bit weak, it still gives a good amount of elemental flavor.

Alternatively, there's another Monk Subclass that came out lately that lets you shoot Radiant bolts, so asking your DM to change the damage type to Fire shouldn't be too far fetched.
>>
>>44260064
Does it have to be DnD? I'm pretty sure that there are systems out there that do much better job of modeling martial art fights with mystical elements/animu powers than DnD.
>>
>>44260064
4th edition is your best bet. Desert wind monks get fire flurries, along with a few other tricks, and monks in general get a lot of awesome kung-fu skill
>>
>>44260112
Sunsoul, you're thinking of sunsoul.

>>44260064
Furthermore OP, 4e has Desert Wind monks which are supposedly the best subtype by raw, with lots of fire and shit.

If you're talking 3.5...well... you're fucked, play another system
>>
>>44260064
re-fluffed clawlock
>>
>>44260421
3.5 might work if he can play an Unarmed Swordsage. It also has a Desert Wind school for fire damage, as well as other schools and utility.

A much better option than the standard monk, and it'll probably be able to compete in most parties.
>>
>>44260064
Depends on the edition, I'll just go off what I'm familiar with

2e: probably some splat kit that the culture of 2e requires you to beg your DM to use

3e: probably some splat class-feature that the culture of 3e brands your DM as a dick for not allowing

4e: Desert Wind Flurry of Blows, from Heroes of The Elemental Chaos. Most DM's will probably allow it, though some get rid of all essentials-erra material out of principle.

5e: I think it's in the straight first-printing PHB, so you're guaranteed to be allowed to use it, but it's objectively bad.
>>
For 3.5 D&D, there's Phoenix Disciple from Forgotten Realm's Champions of Valor. It has substitution levels which make fire damage possible.
>>
>>44260064
In addition to the builds already referenced, 4E also had a feat that allowed you to add an element keyword (such as fire) to an attack and have it do that kind of damage (in addition to its normal type, I believe). I used it with a Wizard/Sorceror/Warlock build, so I forget if it's limited to Arcane powers or not, but you could easily houserule that without breaking anything.

tl;dr You can just do that with a feat in 4E.
>>
3.5, Iori is probably a Psychic Warrior/Unarmed Swordsage who took expanded knowledge for various energy powers.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.