[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/- Star Wars General: Bad Investments Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, Lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>44243538

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/nXspTQRn
>>
>>44255062
First for TFA was awesome.
>>
Second for TFA was not awesome.
>>
File: Phasma-Poster.jpg (116 KB, 639x959) Image search: [Google]
Phasma-Poster.jpg
116 KB, 639x959
>>44255062
I love it how Captain Phasma was a sort of pseudo female Boba Fett. She's got a super cool suit, and presents herself like a total intimidating badass. Who's only job in the movie is to stand around and sell toys. That she gets humiliated by a wookie and a garbage man that used to work for her is so perfect. That shameful ending for a masked badass is now one of my favorite tropes. I really hope she died in that garbage chute, and she never shows up in another flick.
>>
File: 1401582531919.jpg (471 KB, 1000x570) Image search: [Google]
1401582531919.jpg
471 KB, 1000x570
>bad investments
>>44255199
>>44255218
Third for TFA was okay.
>>
>>44255231
..... What if she's Rey's mom?
>>
>>44255231
Fett jobbed to death, Phasma will return.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 483x603) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 483x603
>>44255256
Holy shit.

I want this so much.
>>
File: phas.jpg (49 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
phas.jpg
49 KB, 500x625
>>44255269
I really really hope not. Because the idea that Phasma died as a figurative garbage tier wifu brings me too much schadenfreude.
>>
>>44255218
Empire Strikes Back 2: Disney Saw How Much Money the First One Made will have to be amazing for me to go see it after this. If I wanted every story beat from ANH to be repeated, I'd watch ANH and get a better cast.
>>
>>44255238
Hey questanon, did you manage to find any AU's where Anakin isn't taken in by the Jedi?
>>
>>44255231
I think we probably will see Phasma again. My guess is she is going to be a disgraced officer and either become a good guy, or be a anti-hero.
>>
>>44255364

That would be fun. Have someone turn away from evil WITHOUT it being Force related.
>>
>>44255345
Naw, Hamill was shitty in ANH. Leia's accent sucked. Stormtroopers are sluggish.
>>
>>44255322
seconded
>>
File: 6065293446_03abbb7fd1_b.jpg (510 KB, 1024x929) Image search: [Google]
6065293446_03abbb7fd1_b.jpg
510 KB, 1024x929
>>
>>44255463
Canon is clones had no idea. It was a triggerword to chips in their brains, which is why the Kaminoans had no idea it was coming.
>>
>>44255463
humanizing the clones was a mistake. If they wanted soldiers who were people, they should've added units composed of non-clones under the republic.
>>
>>44255322
Kathleen Kennedy said she'll be back in 8.
>>
>>44255489
Yeah, I know. It's still amusing.

>>44255491
You take your shit opinions and leave.
>>
File: captainphasma.jpg (131 KB, 642x960) Image search: [Google]
captainphasma.jpg
131 KB, 642x960
>>44255364
Okay that would be the most wonderful thing ever. She doesn't even have to complete an entire arc to become a good guy. Just have her be a hunted and hated traitor to the First Order, that ends up helping the resistance as a gun for hire, or out of a complete lack of other options, because she's such a huge self serving coward bad ass like the Hound in GoT.

Ooooh I really want her to be forced into a situation where she reluctantly teams up with Finn in the second movie.
>>
>>44255491
The Jedi encouraged it, so it was never the plan. The Fives arc goes into this.
>>
>>44255491
The contrast in the inhumanity of recruits is too good.
>>
>>44255287
>The dark-haired girl was shackled to the chair. It was fortunate that she was unconscious, or else she'd have heard the trembling breaths of the figure standing over her.
>'Captain Phasma' didn't dare remove her helmet. Not here, not in this place. Not where someone would receive a notification of it's removal.
>"Oh Rey, I'm so sorry," the figure said softly. "I never wanted any of this for you. But now you're entwined in all this."
>The figure stood silently for a moment longer.
>"I will protect you," she decided. "And I will teach you to protect yourself. Sleep, little one. Sleep and dream of my lessons for you."
>The figure raised an armored hand to the girl's face, close but not touching. Even if the owner of that hand desperately wished to do so.
>The Force can do many things, it can harm and it can heal, it can deafen and blind..... and it can teach. And at the prompting of the figure, it did so for the girl.
>The armored figure stayed staring at the shackled girl for several moments longer, memorizing the soft face. Then, 'Captain Phasma' turned on her heel and strode from the room.
>No one asked her what she had been doing in the room. No one dared to question her authority. No one had ever seen her without her helmet. Not even her own daughter, whose face looked so much like her own.
>>44255396
>WITHOUT it being Force related
Oops
>>44255360
Uh...... no, but I haven't been LOOKING. Do you want me to find one?
>>
>>44255514
The whole point of the clones was a disposeable army. Everything that makes the clones something other than guns on legs with a brain runs counter to that.

In the end, the clone army should've belonged to the CIS, with the republic using normal soldiers.
>>
>>44255552
I thought you were. I brought it up like, 4 threads ago.
>>
>>44255572
I haven't been on since Monday to preserve my movie virginity. So if you had any request before last night, you'll have to submit it again.
I guess I'll look for some AUs then.
>>
>>44255565
The whole point of the Clones was to have a ridiculously competent and powerful army that would obey orders without question while still retaining sapient creativity and versatility. Droid armies are disposable.
>>
>>44255572
That was me. I've been a bit busy, but ill get to looking some more tonight
>>
>>44255597
Alrighty then.
>>
>>44255601
>>44255597

Ah, crap. I apologize.
>>
>>44255600
Except, Star Wars droids are sapient tier.
>>
>>44255345
It might just be me, but I didn't get A New Hope vibe from Force Awakens.
I think that a lot of the similarities where just them trying to remind people what star wars was before the prequals.
Yes they have a Super Weapon but its purpose was less to reference the first movie and more to reset the board.To put the resistance and the new order on the same playing field for future movies.
As a result I don't think we will see future movies emulating Empire Strikes back and Jedi Return. I think what we will see is the New Order and the Resistance both trying desperately to rebuild the galaxy in there own image.
I would like to point out that I really like how Kylo Rens whole plot is goes against how they advertised him. He isn't the next Darth Vader he is a fan boy who wants to be Darth Vader
>>
>>44255635
Not B-1's, SBDs, Droidekas, Commando droids, etc.

Droid don't start off as sapient, they develop sapience if they go for very long periods without memory wipes.
>>
>>44255655
Wasn't there one droid that was around for so long it could use the force?
>>
File: Rx24.jpg (75 KB, 357x361) Image search: [Google]
Rx24.jpg
75 KB, 357x361
>>44255655
Or if they're stuck in Demo Mode.
>>
>>44255681

4-LOM? Yeah, technically he kinda did. He started having premonitions and shit while working as a bounty hunter.
>>
>>44255703
Then he wiped himself out of gried when Zuck died.

No Gand had a truer friend.
>>
>>44255650
The thing I liked about Kylo Ren was how he was like Anakin. I think they were actually trying to make fun of the prequel trilogy when Leia said "He has too much of Vader in him." when the characterization we get of Kylo was him being a petulant child very reminiscent of Anakin in II and III. Also there was the implication that the only reason Ren was in the dark side club was because he went through a very severe edgy teenage faze. Especially evident when he said he had to resist the pull of the light side and basically went "urge to not be an asshole: rising. Uh-oh. Help me granddaddy Vader!"
>>
>>44255629
>>44255611
Nah, I get it. There's been whole threads go by where I don't post because I'm busy.

As for AUs.... okay, right off the bat I need some parameters. Because I can give you 5 AUs where everyone does whatever in the 'real world' or some shit right off the bat. Do you specifically mean 'the Star Wars universe but Anakin doesn't get picked up by dem monks' or do you mean 'ANY universe where Anakin doesn't get picked up by dem monks?'
>>
>>44255795
Star Wars universe please. Real world stuff seems pretty disturbing.
>>
>>44255764
Uhh, he was badly damaged and had to have his memory wiped at which point he was basically just IG-88 except without delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>44255785
Agreed, I also really liked how brutal the lightsaber fights were, they didn't do any fancy flips or bs, but my god did you really feel those impacts.
The force can now stop laser bolts mid flight as if Jedi were not already over powered PC's in pnp games now if I want to run a star wars game I am gonna have to deal with that shit.
>>
>>44255815
I dunno, there's a Skywalker grocery store AU that might be calling your na-ame....
Spoiler: I haven't read it. Yet.
Ah well, message received.
>>
>>44255923
Technically, anything is possible with the Force but yeah, that was bullshit. Ren isn't even fully fucking trained.
>>
>>44255923
a lot of his force feats seemed a bit much
>>
>>44255923
Eh, i'd just call it a refluffed whatever it is allows a jedi to stop bolts a la vader with his hand in your game of choice.
>>
>>44255785
>>44255923
This.
I especially liked how Kylo'd just start wailing on computer panels whenever his plan would fail (like a toddler having a temper tantrum with a lightsaber). The two patrolling stormtroopers looking at eachother then turning around might've been my favorite part of the movie. The skype chats were so fun to watch, because each one was just watching Kylo crumble more and more as his failures mounted up around him. He detiorated from being a supremely self confident bully, to an insecure cry baby. His last fights of the movie with Finn and Ray were pretty fun to watch too. His obvious projection when he wailed at Finn for being a "TRAITOR!!!," then seeing him fail and was so satisfying.

I think I already like him more than Vader.
>>
>>44255062
Anyone have some of the adventure module PDFs?

Specifically looking for Mask of the Pirate Queen, but any are welcome.
>>
Just finished showing my mom Star Wars for the first time (Machete order)
Here's how she ranked them:
3>4>5>2>6
My mom confirmed for shit taste
>>
File: ep7_ia_38369_0bbb2aae.jpg (90 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
ep7_ia_38369_0bbb2aae.jpg
90 KB, 768x433
Would you allow your players to kill her when she's completed her plot task and is at point-blank range, /swg/?

Keep in mind she's been cruel to one of the PCs his entire life, and all the PCs have happily killed other Stormtroopers thus far.
>>
>>44256422
PCs of murder.
>>
>>44256422
Yes. I can always transfer my plans for her to another Imperial officer, and there's honestly no reason she couldn't be killed once they capture her.
>>
>>44255256
Woah
>>
>>44256277
Not scanned yet. OP should have most of the rest of them, any it's missing are up on torrents.
>>
>>44256422
put a bolt in her head. you can't take her with you and you can't risk her spoiling your plans.
>>
>>44256422
girls aren't allowed to die
>>
>>44256422
Unless her presence is 100% required to make a major event work, I think I'd let the PC's do it.
>>
>>44255526
and then phasma and finn mirroring the hound and arya stark
>>
>>44256522
Didn't a few of the female X-Wing pilots die?
>>
>>44256495
plus any war crimes tribunal would have her executed anyway
>>
File: RogueSquadronPilots.jpg (201 KB, 988x1016) Image search: [Google]
RogueSquadronPilots.jpg
201 KB, 988x1016
So is there a reason why none of the other Rebellion old guard went full cowboy cop and joined the fight? Starkiller Base might be scary to politicians and new guys but surely the Endor veterans would be chomping at the bit and dusting off their old starfighters, right?

Please be because of Borsk. Recanonize best Bothan please.
>>
>>44256559
no you were imagining things
>>
>>44256159
my fucking god when he unmasked himself and revealed the face of fucking Adam driver though. It fits the angst teenager persona but duck did I not expect that
>>
>>44256611
Who knows, it would have been pretty cool to see an old Endor pilot fighting again, bitter that this shit's happening, again.
>>
>>44256611
Most of the high command was old combat vets
>>
Okay, so AU anon, I've found one that kind of fits the criteria. The premise is that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan don't find him till he's fifteen.
But even if you were okay with that, I don't think you'd want this one.
>>
>>44256611
That's one of the things that makes no scene in TFA. The Empire lost the war, along with two death stars, their Emperor, the Emperor's heir and countless stormtroopers.

How come they still have more resources than the republic?

Also, how come when they caught Ray, they didn't check that she was a jedi by checking her midichlorian count?

Also what happened to Chewie's family? Lumpy and Itchy were hardly in this movie.
>>
>>44256637
I think it really drove home that he was hero worshiping vadar. He wanted to be like him so much, so of course he starts wearing a mask.
>>
>>44256932
>How come they still have more resources than the republic?

Because the New Republic decided to more or less throw away the military and leave planetary systems in charge of their own defense. The First Order, through some sort of treaty, was left alone to do their own thing in a far-away region of the galaxy and mined resources. The people in the FO were raised that they would once regain what was lost by the Empire to the Rebellion/Alliance and were raised with a lot of resentment to the New Republic. Hate and Manifest Destiny can take you far in the universe.
>>
>>44256932
>checking midichlorian count

JJ & co refuse to acknowledge midichlorians as a thing.
>>
>>44257269
They're joking. See the last spoiler.
>>
>>44257291
Went over my head, I thought the last one was a joke about how everyone now has a family.
>>
File: sunny_d_2.jpg (510 KB, 1428x1070) Image search: [Google]
sunny_d_2.jpg
510 KB, 1428x1070
>>44256422
>>
>>44257170
That..... still doesn't make sense to me.
A state has a monopoly of force, a state can and does enforce its laws because it employs a section of the populace to act as law enforcement. Threats that law enforcement cannot handle are taken on by the local armed forces (the PDF in this case) and anything larger than that is the purview of the military force of the state.

A state that does not have these things cannot enforce its laws, cannot protect its borders, cannot defend its citizens.

Thus a state which does not have a monopoly of force is not a state. The New Republic shouldn't WORK and I'm willing to bet we'll see that it DOESN'T. But it's just so STUPID, they could have had it actually be a functioning government and have the problem of TFA be the PDF of a small area is running into a problem they are realizing that they are not equipped to handle.

And before anyone can react, Starkiller Base uses its first known shot to take out the nearest New Republic military outpost, proving they have the resources to be a BIG problem.

General Leia Organa has been trying desperately for years to get the New Republic to realize the threat of the First Order, but the sitting government deems that it is just a lot of hot air spouted by a bunch of has-beens and it is only with the terrible moment of clarity that is the destruction of their base and surrounding planets that they realize that this IS a problem and they have to face it.

BAM! Movie.
>>
>>44257542
The Republic, historically, does not have a strong military presence (outside of the clone wars). Their law is interplanetary, with each world able to govern itself. The Republic is comparable to the UN in this sense, imposing its will through trade sanctions more often than not.
>>
>>44257542
Your problem is that you're trying to write a movie that makes sense, not a cash machine for nostalgia.
>>
>>44255681
>>44255703
He wasn't using the force, he had just developed Intuition.

Which is a huge enough deal on its own.
>>
>>44257596
Now that's a different look at it. Alright, I can see that.
Though if we don't have like... Space NATO or something show up next movie. A power that spouts the old Imperial rhetoric but even more batshit that is shown to have the power to blow up planets merits a last alliance of Men and Elves.
>>44257616
The problem is I LIKED the movie! I thought it was alright, but it could have been GREAT! But instead it's only above average for the films I've seen.

I'm disappointed not because the movie wasn't as good as I wanted, but because it wasn't as good as it COULD have been.
>>
File: 1450498606855.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
1450498606855.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>44257542
>he New Republic shouldn't WORK and I'm willing to bet we'll see that it DOESN'T
It doesn't work, at all. It's just as bad as it was before the Empire took control of it.
>>
>>44257542
The problem is that if Luke and Mon Mothma are competent, we wouldn't have an excuse for another galactic-scale threat. Logically, the continued existence of Imperial scum would be a sign to entire galaxy to keep the engines lit and the rifles loaded, even after the treaty. And logically, the NR would send wetworks teams and starfighter units into the Unknown Regions because if the Empire isn't starting shit in charted space, then it sure as hell is starting shit in uncharted space.
>>
Are blogspot links still filtered?
>>
>>44255062

is there a pdf of far horizons?
>>
>>44256900
Sounds interesting but why wouldn't I want it?
>>
>>44257749
Huh, Nal Hutta's in the same spot as it used to be, but I think Tattoine was north of Hutt space in the old canon and Bothowui seems to have changed too/
>>
>>44255923
I prefer wacky Force to jumping fleas with lighsabers.
>>
Are the First Order just a bunch of edgy organic chemists? Their logo is a Benzene ring.
>>
>>44256611
Those guys are probably all over the galaxy commanding other bases.
>>
>>44257961
Yes, all books up to Chronicles of the Gatekeeper has been scanned.
>>
File: MainGalaxy.png (2 MB, 1471x1321) Image search: [Google]
MainGalaxy.png
2 MB, 1471x1321
>>44258016
uh, no
>>
File: 1372659644671.gif (358 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1372659644671.gif
358 KB, 512x288
>>44257749
>Rakatta Prime
>Bothawui
Hmm
>Bespin and Hoth in the same system
Which means that Luke got MAYBE a week of actual Jedi training. Way to go.

But still, what this proves most is that so far, the new canon is a lot of flash and very little substance. Now, obviously they've had about a year to start putting it out but the things that ARE out are... weird.

Like Aftermath, which has VITAL INFORMATION for the setting of TFA which is trapped within what I hear from multiple sources (which means not just you guys, sorry) is a very frustrating narrative choice.

Or Shattered Empire, where I highly doubt the Force Trees will show up again. And Luke somehow underwent a complete loss of his character from Jedi and that comic to what we learn about him in TFA.

The Journey to the Force Awakens YA books purport to give us hints as to what our heroes have been up to recently. We learn that Han is smuggling again, we learn Leia is a General, and we learn that Luke.... went to a temple and then went back at some point in the last thirty years. Yay. And hey, that 'this villain appears again!' doesn't happen neither

I haven't read Lost Stars, but I kind of doubt that any elements come back later anywhere.

So really, I am NOT wowed so far. I'll give it longer to really grab me, but I think it's going to do the same that Marvel movies did and cross my Don't Give A Shit limit.
>>44257801
Let's not ascribe FREEDOM to every government, yeah? I mean, yeah the First Order is a big problem and yeah, I am pissed that we IMMEDIATELY get Incompetent Jedi Master Luke Skywalker right the fuck back.

I think spies into the Unknown Regions and listening posts and shit would have been a good idea on the part of the New Republic. Or even the bare bones of a standing army. Something!

>>44257984
Anakin/Obi-Wan. Unless you ship them due to their chemistry in the PT.
>>
>>44256932
The Republic rebuilt entire planets and bought every system an army and airforce.

The First Order looted the Outer Rim not only of money, but in Finn's case actual people. They only built an industrial complex and a military.
>>
Wasn't there a stockpile of character art somewhere?
>>
>>44258087
It took us twenty years to find out how they caught up to Han, how Luke took levels in badass and built a lightsaber, how Lando posed as a guard, how Boba reached Tatooine and what happened to the other bounty hunters who seemingly dropped out of the movies after one appearance, why the Empire built another weak Death Star, and what the fuck Leia was dressed as and why the disguise worked.

So the fact the book explaining shit came out six months before the movie does not seem like a valid complaint.
>>
>>44258087
>I think spies into the Unknown Regions and listening posts and shit would have been a good idea on the part of the New Republic. Or even the bare bones of a standing army. Something!

There is a fuckload of standing armies. There just isn't a massive army loyal to one being and their one planet.

Every system has a defense force if attacked. Note how the Resistance acted immediately to destroy the First Order presence. By contrast, when the Rebels attacked the Death Star the Empire was unable to reinforce it or even get their shit together to counterattack for a solid week after it was destroyed, despite FTL.
>>
>>44258087
Not the same system, just close enough on the horizontal axis it doesn't matter.
>>44258082

Huh, my bad.
>>
File: TRAITOR.png (215 KB, 538x540) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.png
215 KB, 538x540
>>44255231
>>44256422

Forget Phasma, this guy should have survived to be a recurring antagonist to Finn. Over the trilogy his armor would get more fucked up, he'd get badges and other markings as he's promoted within the Order hierarchy, and by the end he is just batshit fucking obsessed with bringing the TRAITOR to justice by any means necessary. By the end of their fight in the third film they'd just be slugging it out, no weapons, no helmets, just a no-holds-barred emotionally charged beatdown.
>>
File: you're pretty good.png (187 KB, 442x262) Image search: [Google]
you're pretty good.png
187 KB, 442x262
>>44258249
Based Tonfa Man. He was pretty good.
>>
>>44258249
I'd have approved.

In fact, at the end he survives the destruction of the fourth Death Star and is seen being held at gunpoint and telling his captors to fught him like a man. Meaning in Stormtrooper armor.
>>
File: TRAITOR.gif (1 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.gif
1 MB, 500x209
>>44258287

Actually, the fight between Snake and Ocelot at the end of Metal Gear 4 is exactly the kind of thing I had envisioned.
>>
File: danger4.png (75 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
danger4.png
75 KB, 615x409
>>44258287
Power Tonfa, when you have to put the leftist, rebel scum in their place
>>
>>44258249

I mean, he didn't even have to fight Finn with that fucking thing. Only force-users can use lightsabers to deflect lasers, he could have just shot him. But fuck that, he wanted a god damn duel and had the brass balls to back it up.
>>
>>44258216
>There is a fuckload of standing armies. There just isn't a massive army loyal to one being and their one planet.

Technically, the First Order does but that's the point so whatever Why do they have to be 'loyal to one being'? Obviously the PDFs are loyal to their planets of origin, and I'm not saying they shouldn't be.
But why do they have to be loyal to one being? Are you saying that they shouldn't be loyal to whoever is Supreme Chancellor or whatever? Absolutely. They should be loyal to the government as a whole or, if we want to get abstract, the New Republic or the galaxy as a whole, should be defended.

If you join the armed forces, you're not swearing an oath of loyalty to President Obama even if he is technically the CO of COs, you swear it to the country as a whole.

>>44258177
That is not actually what I said, but okay. I said what we have right now isn't wowing me and I'm willing to give it more time Han old buddy don't let me down, but AT THIS MOMENT, when I wrote what I wrote, I am not feeling a real deepness in QUALITY. Quantity may have a quality all its own, but we don't have that situation anymore, so I'm forced to judge on what we DO have.
>>
>>44258249
Eff En, at last, we see each other plain,
monsieur, traitor,
you wear a different naaaay-aaaaaame.

Abrams plz ;_;
>>
>>44258435
>Rebels
>Leftist
>CIS remnants
>Alderaanian monarchy
>Corellians everywhere bringing along their love of fast ships, whisky, and money
>Weak state government, leaving military power in the hands of individual "states"
>Lando Calrissian, smooth operator and charming businessman, opposing a state takeover of his business on Bespin
I'm confused now.
>>
Are all of the FFG Star Wars rpgs have the same rule system, with minor alterations?

This is what I hear, but I don't know.
>>
>>44258405

This movie made me want to be a stormtrooper when I grow up. they got shit done, they made shit happen in this movie.
>>
File: 3322.jpg (13 KB, 142x154) Image search: [Google]
3322.jpg
13 KB, 142x154
>>44258748
>This movie made me want to be a stormtrooper when I grow up
>When I grow up

I dont mean to start shit, but are you not already grown up...?
>>
>>44258748

I hope Stormtroopers continue to have moments of competence in this trilogy. It's refreshing whenever some completely faceless, nameless mook suddenly starts kicking ass without any explanation.

>>44258784

This is /tg/, we're all children at heart.
>>
>>44258405
Fuck, I'll be honest - I enjoyed this fight scene a lot more than any of the Kylo Ren vs Ray/Finn lightsaber duels.

I mean, this is probably one of the few times that stormtroopers actually are more competent than their long-suffering reputation(if the concept of the Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy is anything to go by) as incompetent troops of the Empire.
>>
>>44258740
The base rules are all the same, it's just they all have differet classes with different feels, as well as the rules that underlie the feel of the campaign are different.

Ie., Edge of the Empire has Obligation: your character owes a debt, is on the run, or is otherwise beholden to less than savory parties. While completing missions, you have to try to lessen that burden.

In Age of Rebellion, there's Duty which works the same, but s more heroic.

All the booksa re compatible, but Force and Destiny really breaks the feel if you introduce it to an EotE game.
>>
>>44258740
It's true. I played in a very shortlived game which was mostly using EoE, but I got my character class from AoR and bought a specialization from EoE. I don't think FaD was quite available at the time, so don't quote me on that particular one, but at least two out of three work, which isn't bad. And if you can't trust Meatloaf on that kind of thing, who can you trust?

In other news, I was listening to Wizard Buys A Hat again and I realized that this is almost shot for shot a story idea I could use for my Stargate AU.
All I have to do is have someone encounter one of the Goa'uld cults from the show.
>>
>>44258740
Completely the same rules, all of it works together. Only differences is each book contains character species/careers/gear/vehicles/enemies focused towards different aspects of Star Wars. EotE is Outer Rim life, AoR is military/Rebels, FaD is people heavily focused in training in the force.
>>
File: Repuiblic Commando.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Repuiblic Commando.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>44258790

It was like that guy was channeling the Clone Troopers of yesteryear.
>>
File: XKl4G2M.jpg (239 KB, 1096x893) Image search: [Google]
XKl4G2M.jpg
239 KB, 1096x893
>>44258789
>This is /tg/, we're all children at heart.

Touche, friendo.
>>
>>44258784

I post on here, that alone should answer your question.
>>
I thought it was a nice touch that one FO officer mentioned "Perhaps Supreme Leader Snoke should consider a Clone army" as a way of confirming that despite being named FN-2187, Finn isn't a clone.
>>
>>44258811
>>44258808
>>44258814
wowzers, lots of replies.

Thanks for telling me.

I may get them some day and combine one or two of them.
>>
>>44258087
>Anakin/Obi-Wan

Ehhhh, no.

Got anything about Anakin becoming a famous pod-racer?
>>
>>44258860
Well, Finn outright says it that kids got taken when they were young and indoctrinated and trained and such.
>>
>>44258872
How do you feel about musicals?
Do you like Star Wars jokes?
The non-joke answer is not yet but I'll definitely step up the search in that area.
>>
>>44258867
Oh, almost forgot: How good is it at emulating different eras?

I know it's mainly up to the imagination of the participants(GM and players), but is it really unreasonable to set it in the old republic or whatever?

I like the idea of a group of players playing smugglers who become privateers for the republic to attack the sith empire.
>>
>>44258867
Honestly, FFG really nailed it. Paying a little extra for the special dice is 100% worht it, the whole advantage/triumph/etc idea really fits well into starwars, and if everyone has a refernce sheet, combat blazes by really smoothly and feels really organic.

My only, and I mean ONLY gripe is that if a melee fighter closes with a guy using a pistol, the shooter has no penalty to hit. Which, maybe it's realistic, but it sure as hell isn't starwars.
>>
>>44258914
It's pretty geared towards the Original Trilogy era.
>>
>>44258249
F
>>
>>44258914
It's primarily focused on OT era but it's easy enough to just file the serial numbers off the stat blocks and replace them with time period equivalents. Stormtrooper stat blocks, for instance, work just fine for NPC Fett clones.
>>
>>44258914
You mostly just need to come up/find stats for ships appropriate to that era and maybe alter some gear on a few common enemies, but everything else is pretty simple to drag and drop.

> if a melee fighter closes with a guy using a pistol, the shooter has no penalty to hit.
Short to Engaged adds 1 Difficulty Die to the pool and makes Gunnery weapons flat-out unusable.
>>
>>44258976
Woops, second part meant for:
>>44258917
>>
>>44258976
Oh, and an extra die for Ranged Heavy. Forgot that since I'm used to player using Forearm Grip.
>>
>>44258908
>>44258872
BAM! Second hit on FFdotNet for Podrace

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6479985/1/The-Podracer
Sadly, only four chapters since 2010 and it's the only one with that specific criteria.
I have one here that's Anakin still being a slave and a Podracer in Ep 2 and somehow Padme gets bought as a slave by Watto as well, but....

Only 21 hits on FFdotNet, time to try other sources
>>
>>44258914
the character-scale gear is mostly generic enough to withstand era changes, though if you want to go so far as to be pre-blaster, you're gonna need new stats, which I'm happy to provide
also, spacecraft. those, you'll need stats for. again, tell me what you'd like and I'll stat it for y'all
>>
>>44258815
>Sev's blood-spatter helmet pattern

Ha! Before I realized that Finn was the stormtrooper with the bloody-finger marks on the helmet, I thought that this was some stormtrooper who would descend into massive rebel-hateboner, turning into Tonfa Guy.

I don't think that the bloody marks were a subtle nod towards the Republic Commando game, but you never know.
>>
>>44258976
Except engaged makes ranged weapons 1, so adding 1+1 makes 2 which is normal for pistols.

It makes bigger guns untenable, but a heavy blaster can out-damage most melee weapons, and isnt affected by Melee defence.
>>
>>44258908
I am ambivalent on musicals but the real issue is that musicals don't look good when you're reading them.

What kind of Star Wars jokes?
>>
>>44259027
Huh, weird.
>>
>>44259136
Real groaners
>>44259157
Nothing on AO3, hmm....
It may be that it's just not an idea many writers are interested in. May I ask you why you want to read about this? Planning something of the neo-chariot variety?
>>
>>44258748
There's the 501st legion I guess if you're really keen on running around in stormtrooper armour.
Dunno what they're like, but seem to do a lot of charity causes, so more power to them
>>
>>44259200
Honestly, I was just wondering how Anakin would have turned out in a nurturing environment.
>>
>>44259204

I'm not going to lie, I'd have an easier kind dressing up as Porkins.
>>
>>44259136
Star Kid's "Annie" was so disappointing after Holy Musical B@man, Starship, and the Potter series.

Still worth a watch though.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (51 KB, 501x1000) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
51 KB, 501x1000
Sir! Sir!
A clone trooper walks into a pub and asks the barman, “Hey, have you seen my brother?”

“I dunno,” says the barman, “What does he look like?”
>>
>>44259270

Why should you never date a Miraluka?

She'll never see eye-to-eye with you.
>>
>>44259261
After 8 1/2 years in the army there's no way anyone's getting me in plastic body armour and dragging around pretend guns either!
Plus I think I'm a bit tall to be a stormtrooper :(
>>
>>44258087
>I haven't read Lost Stars, but I kind of doubt that any elements come back later anywhere.
Actually Lost Stars deals with the Battle of Jakku
>>
>>44259211
Probably someone more like Luke, really. He might have a slight blindness for right and wrong when it comes to achieving his ends, but ultimately more heroic and emotionally mature.

>>44259286
Darth Vader goes to the doctor.
"Doctor," he intones, "I can't feel my arms."
>>
>>44259118
Making it a higher difficulty just makes things harder for shooters. Ideally if you're doing melee, you're built for killing, which means high Brawn and Wound Threshold and clothing that gives you pretty decent Soak. Higher difficulty would just turn you practically invincible.

If you're not trying to kill targets in one hit, you should probably be using a weapon or some sort of tactic that'll fuck up the target, including Sunder, Knockdown, and Concussive. Not to mention there's a nice variety of shields out in the world that can give you some nice defense.

Less Brawn-focused characters should be using Dodge, and force-using lightsaber wielders should be using Reflect and/or Sense.
>>
>>44259286
Why do Twi'leks like to flip coins?
So that they can say, "Heads or tails!"
>>
>>44259329
I am corrected. Good. Let's hope that gains traction.
>>
>>44259286
On the topic of Miraluuka, has the fact that pubescent Miraluka boys have the ability to see through clothes ever been brought up?
>>
>>44259345
hey quest.
there's a fic that I read a while back that ought to interest you, I'm going to try to find it again, but here's a short summery in the meantime

>anakin and obi-wan bring the clone wars to a quick end by ARRESTING THE ENTIRE CONFEDERATE LEADERSHIP AT THE SAME TIME, aside from dooku, who is never mentioned
>this is the first chapter
>After suggestions by a MYSTERIOUS and undoubtedly ORIGINAL character, anakin decides to LEAVE THE JEDI
>after telling the council to FUCK OFF in an approximately 2-300 word rant, he walks away, telling obi-wan that he'll be there if he needs him in a vaguely homoerotic fashion
>he then publicly announces his MARRIAGE to PADME, and because this is clearly not enough, also MARRIES AHSOKA
>he takes his CLONE ARMY with him and fucks off to the outer rim to live out his new, polygamous psudo-jedi life
>everyone is seemingly totally OK with this
>this is the last chapter that was released when I read it.
>I can't wait to see what this completely insane author has come up with since then

I will post here soonest when I find it
>>
File: I HAVE NO FACE.gif (27 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
I HAVE NO FACE.gif
27 KB, 300x200
>>44259491
>>
Going through with Jedi Academy again. Just arrived on Vjun.
>>
>>44259548
I should have put points into Grip. Kyle makes it look really cool.

But, at least I have LIGHTNING.
>>
>>44259491
Aw shit son, you give that to me STAT!
Do you at least remember where it was posted?
>>44259580
I always buy lightning first and then heal and then other stuff. Lightning is just too good a power to leave off on til later. Too bad that even regular Reborn are sorta-immune to it.
>>
>>44259637
it was on FF.net. I wanna say I read it like six-seven months ago?
>>
Kyle takes a bit of malicious glee when people die.
>>
File: 1386188130528.jpg (52 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
1386188130528.jpg
52 KB, 500x494
>>44259491
Jesus, that's just about the perfect shitstorm of shitfic
link me ASAP
>>
>>44259648
How many chapters did it have then, do you remember?
>>
Is the Katarn Saga the only game series that takes place after the Battle of Endor?
>>
>>44259721
four, I think
>>
>>44259747
Well, there's technically the Force Awakens set for Disney Infinity and the Jakku and whatever other Force Awakens DLC there'll be for Battlefront, but yeah, I think it's mostly just Kyle's games.
>>
>>44259747
Some levels in the first Rogue Squadron are post-endor.

EaW FoC has a Post-Endor battle.

I could have sworn there was another.

>>44259824
True enough.
>>
>>44259783
Man I'm just not seeing it. I'll keep looking on the side and if you find it I'll definitely read it.
It might be a serious contender for my favorite badfic against Escape From Hoth.
>>
>>44259950
>Escape From Hoth.
I shudder to think what it would take to be quest's favorite badfic
>>
>>44256159

Smartest beings in the entire movie.
>>
>>44258462

I'm willing to bet that that trooper was a 'close' friend to fin but also a huge FO believer. That's why he noticed fin as a tray-tor instantly by his face. It wasn't just an order to take him down, it was a personal vendetta against him. To him Fin didn't betray the FO, he betrayed his kinship.
>>
>>44260133
Could be. Apparently there's 20 minutes of deleted footage.

Also, one of the scenes possibly involves Chewbacca ripping the junk buyer's arms out (which is a scene in the novelization and the Disney Infinity game had a short section with the character on the planet).
>>
>>44258249
This guy was a gods damned beast.
HE needed a story arc!

Perhaps he was one of Fin's fellow troopers? a compatriot and the closest thing troopers have to friends, who feels absolutely fucking betrayed when Fin pisses off, vowing to hunt down the traitor to the first order, returning in the second movie as a silver badass with a PAIR of shock-tonfa.
>>
>>44255961
he does however have Skywalker genes worth of natural talent and intuition.
>>
TFA was fucking great and hopefully after my players see it they be able to see what the proper themes of star wars are and won't just play lone wolf edgelords like Boba Fett and HK-47/Grievous.
>>
>>44260492
>the proper themes of star wars
Star Wars is a big universe. There is no need to clone the movies every single time you play in it.
>>
>>44259389
boys in south african tribes can see through nonexistent clothes. what's your point?
if you grow up always seeing everyone nude, there's nothing special about it.
>>
>>44260503
those may be the types of games he's trying to run however.

imagine if you were doing Mutants and Masterminds, and trying to run a lighhearted silverage campaign, and all they ever wanted to do was be punisher clones?
>>
>>44260556
Why don't they tell their players that, then? Either they don't realise that the GM wants to run that sort of thing, or they don't want to play that kind of campaign.
>>
I haven't seen TFA.

Why is the Resistence not the Rebel Alliance?
>>
>>44260598
Because the Rebels won.
>>
>>44260598
Rebels beat Empire, become New Republic, sign disarmament treaties with Imperial remnants.

First Order pops up in a remnant territory and starts gaining steam, Leia takes a bunch of dudes and sets up a bunch of independent freedom fighters to combat them without technically upsetting galactic politics.
>>
>>44260598
The rebels won and formed a proper government. The Resistance (made up of former rebels and badasses like Poe Dameron) hangs out on the Outer Rim and fucks with the First Order, who are the Empire's leftovers.
>>
Captain Phasma brings an awakening to my force if you know what I mean
>>
>>44260714
Steady and unwavering faith in might and righteousness of the First Order?
>>
>>44260747
Yes, but with my dick
>>
>>44260754
Then we shall take your dick and leave the rest of you behind.
>>
>>44260714

Attracted to trash, huh?
>>
>>44258082
What is the deal with Csilla?
>>
File: 1355731933836.png (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1355731933836.png
56 KB, 400x400
>>44260758
Make me proud, muh dick.

Make me proud.
>>
>>44260787
Chiss central planet.
>>
I got to the part where Rosh turns out to have fallen to the Dark Side.
>>
>>44260942
How's that boss fight treating you?
>>
>>44260973
Not him, but the lightsaber mechanics in the Jedi Knight series have always been really annoying to me.
>>
>>44260973
Starting off with a few blasts of Force Lightning can usually take one of his flunkies down

>>44260987
I thought the same thing but I actually managed to get a hang of it now.
>>
New FFG GM here, can somebody tell me how Strain is recovered? I thought I was supposed to wing it but after seeing the Rapid Recovery talent I believe there are actual rules that I just can't find.
>>
>>44260994
Endurance worth of strain after each fight I think,
>>
>>44260987
I actually liked the DFII mechanics better than Outcast/Academy. The more moves I have to remember, the more likely it is that I forget all of them. To be honest, though, I can't really think of a game that has really good swordplay in general, let alone lightsaber play.
>>
>>44260994
Advantage during combat,Success from a Simple Cool/Discipline check after encounters, Advantage on a medicine check, sleeping. For everything besides sleeping, it's recovered at 1:1 ratio, sleeping recovers all of it.
>>
>>44261021
Off-topic, but Thief: The Dark Project started life as an Arthurian knight game, then got switched to stealing shit when Looking Glass couldn't make the swordfighting mechanics work.

I can never pull off the moves, I just run about swinging.
>>
>>44260994
>>44261034
Oh, this is on pg. 220 in EotE, Recovery and Healing section under Conflict and Combat in other books.
>>
So what's your guys' favorite obscure race that doesn't get enough love?
>>
>>44261036
God damn do I love that game. Never knew that.
>>
>>44261034
>>44261044

Pfft, I must have read that page a dozen times on all three books looking for this and somehow missed 'Recovering from Strain'. Thanks a ton!
>>
>>44261059
That's the reason the swordfighting mechanics are so in-depth, what with the three hits and a block. They couldn't be bothered remaking them for Thief.
>>
>>44261050
Not that obscure (since a prominent film villain is one) but I've taken a liking to Kaleesh recently because of Crimson Corsair.
>>
File: Sly_Moore_Umbaran.jpg (120 KB, 592x704) Image search: [Google]
Sly_Moore_Umbaran.jpg
120 KB, 592x704
>>44261050
The Umbarans, after the Clone Wars "Darkness on Umbara" stories -seeing their unusual technology, they have some actual military competency, it would be nice to see some rpg stats for them somewhere
>>
>>44261050
Iktotchi are pretty cool. I've liked them ever since I saw Saesee Tiin in the original Clone Wars cartoon.
>>
File: Outer_Rim_Hunter.jpg (104 KB, 900x693) Image search: [Google]
Outer_Rim_Hunter.jpg
104 KB, 900x693
>>44261050
I'm currently playing an Aqualish bounty hunter in a game we've been running to get hype for the movie. I always loved these guys.
>>
>>44258249
We really need to catapult Tray-Tor to prominence. He was probably my favorite new character, him and the General who I am getting Tarkin vibes from.

Honestly, put yourself in the mind of Tray-Tor. Finn not only betrays the First Order but soon after escaping starts shooting at and killing the men he has been living with, eating with, and sharing a barracks with for the past at least 20 years.

Finn is an emotionless monster. He had problems killing nobodies he never met before in his entire life. But when it comes to his fellow storm troopers he has no qualms at all. Tray-Tor needs to come back. He must live to enact justice upon Finn.
>>
>>44261156
>him and the General who I am getting Tarkin vibes from.
He's Ginger Hitler to me.
>>
>>44259950
Can't be as bad as a fic which is literally "Futa Bariss Ofee gets Ashoka Tano Pregnant."

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7068881/1/Barris-s-Secrets
>>
>>44261178
Dammit man, I just fapped.
>>
>>44261174
We should just call him GH, Ginger Hitler/General Hux.
>>
>>44258334
>at the end he survives the destruction of the fourth Death Star
I laughed really fucking hard.
>>
>>44261178
>Futa Bariss Ofee
Is there any quicker way to get me to click a link?
>>
>>44261229
Shame the person writing it cannot into grammar though.
>>
>>44260973
Ultimately it wasn't too hard. Ended up being quite fun really

Specced into dual-sabers with Firebrand hilts. I thought I was choosing red for color but it turned out to be orange.
>>
>>44256159

I really liked Ren too, I suspect there will be a split on him. People who don't know much about Star Wars will dislike him, where people who know a lot about the setting will see that he is a perfect darksider, IE, a selfish child.

I wonder if we'll get his training arc along with Rey, she goes up levels in Jedi, he goes up levels in Sith (learning to focus his hatred rather than slashing up walls) until they fight it out in the end.
>>
>>44261348
Orange is life, orange is love. Following in Kyle's footsteps is only fair, anon.
>>
Anybody else find Lowbacca's lightsaber crystal hilarious?

Jacen Solo used a priceless Corusca gem. Luke forged his in a grueling process that tested him in mind and soul. Mace Windu acquired his during a dangerous solo mission in the Uncharted Regions.

Lowbacca yanked a focusing crystal out of a holoprojector, attuned it in the Force and then stuck it in his saber. That's hilarious.
>>
>>44261383
I wonder if we'll get his training arc along with Rey, she goes up levels in Jedi, he goes up levels in Sith (learning to focus his hatred rather than slashing up walls) until they fight it out in the end.

Him being beaten by Rey and then specifically saying how he'll be trained more is probably definitely setting up that exact sort of stuff in the sequel. If it doesn't, it'd be a big waste of a set-up and info dump chance (Snoke explaining at least some pieces of who he is, going into why Ren is idolizing Vader so hard).
>>
>>44261393
Kyle has a blue saber.
>>
>>44261405
>Lowbacca
Who?
>>
File: Lowbacca-YJK5cover.jpg (183 KB, 368x476) Image search: [Google]
Lowbacca-YJK5cover.jpg
183 KB, 368x476
>>44261446
Lowbacca (meaning "dutiful friend" in Shyriiwook[3]) or "Lowie" was a Wookiee Jedi Knight during the Yuuzhan Vong War. He was the nephew of Chewbacca, the son of Kallabow and Mahraccor, and the brother of Sirrakuk. He studied at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Praxeum and was a companion of Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo and Tenel Ka. He wielded a bronze-bladed lightsaber.
>>
>>44261461
Pretty sure that character doesn't exist. Is this from a fanfic?

I mean, as far as we know Han and Leia only had one kid, Ben Solo/Kylo Ren and Luke is the only Jedi that exists.
>>
>>44261472
How can you be in this thread and yet never heard of Wookiepedia?
>>
So now that we've seen the first real movie, is Disney doing a good job rebuilding Star Wars after ripping it's years of history apart?
>>
>>44261475
I'm sorry, is that a book?
>>
File: sand.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
sand.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>44261500
It's the biggest and single most autistic wiki on the internet with literally every nugget of information about the SW universe fully annotated, gazetted and cross-referenced. Here is Lowbacca's entry:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lowbacca

Here's the one on ducks:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duck

And here's the one on boobs:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast
>>
>>44261475
He's just trolling, ignore him. We've had a lot of /tv/ posters recently.

>>44261481
They're not doing a bad job. TFA is pretty fun, even if the pacing is kind of weird. The general impression I'm getting from the stuff they're putting out--especially Aftermath, TFA, and Dark Disciple--is that they need to apply like one more round of editing before giving plots the go-ahead. We've had a few stories that could've used an extra set of critical eyes to tweak things slightly.
>>
>>44261481
While I liked the movie, it doesn't really tell you anything the new era. The Republic was destroyed? You mean they blowed up Coruscant? Oh, that's not Coruscant? Why does nobody seem to care that space Washington DC got fucked?
>>
File: bestsabercolor.jpg (373 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
bestsabercolor.jpg
373 KB, 1024x768
>>44261414
Nah bruh, he had a sweet orange one before switching to the blue. I went to take a screenshot for you myself but apparently Dark Forces II doesn't cooperate with my screengrab functionality.The only pics online were incredibly jpegged; this is the best I could find.
>>
>>44261481
The Darth Vader comic has been excellent. Likewise the Chewbacca one.
>>
>>44261533
I can't stand the writing in the vader comics for some reason. It comes off as so ridiculously corny. "The only way I would fail is if you ordered me to fail." I cringe at lines like that.

Not mentioned though, the Kanan comics are probably the best of the batch.
>>
>>44261594
Lando>Vader>Kanan>Shattered Empire>Star Wars>Chewbacca>Leia
>>
>>44261531
Have you got it through Steam? F12 takes screenshots if the Steam Overlay is turned on.
>>
File: 1417859377882.png (144 KB, 838x375) Image search: [Google]
1417859377882.png
144 KB, 838x375
>>44261348
>dual-sabers with Firebrand hilts
mah tusken
>>
>>44261613

Shattered Empire was really forgettable, except for the Luke issue. Although none of them are really terrible.
>>
Rebel Lambda when?

Could have a generic, Chewie, Tycho, and Kolot
>>
>>44255322

She never did anything in the entire show. Like, not at all.
>>
So a complaint my brothers had with the movie was that FN-2187 seemed too much like a kid at times. Like, they cited the Kurt Russell movie "Soldier" as an example of how someone trained from birth to kill should act towards people. Do they have a good point?
>>
>>44261794
He was trained to be a loyal follower of the First Order, not soldier. He's job at Starkiller Base was sanitation. Finn can shoot and all that, but that's not the main point
>>
Someone posted a Gozanti unboxing video, transliterating now.

Docking rules:
>After the Gozanti-class cruiser executes a maneuver, it can DEPLOY docked ships. To deploy, follow these steps:
>choose any docked ship
>choose either the front or rear guides of the Gozanti
>choose a maneuver on the docked ship's maneuver dial
>take the template that matches the maneuver and match it to the chosen guides
>match the deploying ship to the other end
>if it's a red maneuver, the deployed ship receives 1 stress
>if it bumps, resolve as normal
>if it goes off the board, it's dead
>if it doesn't do a red, bump anything, or go off the board, it may perform 1 action.
>>
>>44261766
She lightly berated Finn. That's, technically something. But yeah, so far, unless there's something planned for future movies with her, Phasma was just there to fill out the number of females, make it known to the general populace that females can be Stormtroopers, maybe bring in some Game of Thrones fans, and sell a shit ton of toys before people found out how useless she is.

>>44261794
Not all people are going to take to the training, that's why Phasma was sending him to be re-trained. It's like with the Jedi, sometimes people just aren't cut out for it so they leave or get demoted to one of the service corps. Only Clone Troopers really consistently took to being trained from birth to be hardened loyal killers, and that's because they were altered to be less independent. Of course the humanizing came from the Jedi softening them up.
>>
>>44261848
Dial:

4-straight(1 energy)
3-straight(1 energy)
2-banks(1 energy), 2-straight(2 energy)
1-banks(2 energy), 1-straight(3 energy)
>>
>>44261855
>before people found out how useless she is.
Are you kiddin', she was one hundred times more useful to the cause than "Look out!"
>>
>>44261848
>>44261868
So you're allowed to attack on leaving. Neat. 2 questions:
What are the titles?
Are there rules for re-docking?
>>
>>44261906
No rules for redocking that I can see.

The base Gozanti card looks like this, and there's a title that lets it deploy up to 4 ships per turn.

I'll get to titles in a sec, I don't know what order he's going to go through the cards.
>>
File: swx35-gozanti-class-cruiser.png (269 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
swx35-gozanti-class-cruiser.png
269 KB, 300x418
>>44261918
Oops.

>Construction Droid
>Huge ship only. Limited.
>When you perform a recover action, you may spend 1 energy to discard 1 facedown Damage card.
>2pts
>>
>>44261834

Yeah, he was basically a janitor who also happened to get stormtrooper gear.

I'm surprised he's as good a shot as he is. Although I imagine every Imperial gets some kind of weapons training.
>>
>>44261985
>Just like hosing the TIE fighters back at Starkiller Base
>>
>>44261979
Double oops, Construction Droid is 3pts, and a crew card. 2 copies.

>Cluster Bombs
>cargo, 4pts
>After defending, you may discard this card. If you do, each other ship at Range 1 of the defending section rolls 2 attack dice, suffering all damage (<hit>) and critical damage (<crit>) rolled.
>>
>>44261985
Everyone does some kind of basic training in most military forces.
Lot of the rear-echelon types are relatively decent shots on a range, but not necessarily wise to the ways of actual combat... which is essentially a mixture of death, screaming terror and exhaustion a lot of the time.
>>
>>44262001
Finally, titles. All of these are Gozanti-only of course.

>Requiem
>4pts, +0 energy
>When you deploy a ship, treat its pilot skill value as "8" until the end of the round.

>Vector
>2pts, +1 energy
>After you execute a maneuver, you may deploy up to 4 docked ships (instead of 2).

>Suppressor
>6pts, +2 energy
>Once per round, after you acquire a target lock on an enemy ship, you may remove 1 focus, evade, or blue target lock token from that ship.
>>
>>44262032
And the video in case anyone wants to look at card art:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRbd5VoxwV8
>>
>>44262030

And in regards to the TIE gunner scene, he seems pretty surprised he's as good as he is. So it's almost certainly just natural talent/beginner's luck. Not to mention in both the TIE and Falcon, he's using the targeting computer.
>>
>>44258811
Seth?
>>
>>44261405
>Lowbacca yanked a focusing crystal out of a holoprojector, attuned it in the Force and then stuck it in his saber. That's hilarious.
indeed it is, kind of fits with the way Wookies do things, i.e: they are not bloody subtle about it.
>>
>>44261703
I kind of want a Tusken Jedi now.
>>
Just leaving this here because it's highly unlikely that FFG will unban me. Fuck 'em, still updating.

http://tripperary.blogspot.ca/
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.