[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which are the worst books in the Horus Heresy series? Would like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: quality.jpg (305 KB, 991x805) Image search: [Google]
quality.jpg
305 KB, 991x805
Which are the worst books in the Horus Heresy series? Would like to know which ones I should skip.
>>
>>44250639
All of them
>>
>>44250914
beat me to it.

OP, the heresy is far better when it's vague myth and legends. The books only succeed in making everyone look like autists and retards.
>>
>>44250639
Some how they all manage to be the worst book. Its quite an accomplishment, just not a good one.
>>
>>44250914
>>44252467
>>44252546
I came here to say this
>>
>>44250914
Thirded.
>>
>>44250639
Whats wrong with their faces?
>>
Prospero Burns was my favorite. Ignore the autists, give them a shot and make of it what you will.

Just the outcast dead, and the Dark Angels books, those were pretty bad.
>>
>>44250639
its all bad. like two good books not worth it
>>
>>44250639
Flight of the Eisenstein was the best. Everything else is meh.
>>
>>44250639
Everything by ADB; dude has issues. Battle for the Abyss is just awful. Legion and Prospero Burns follow a really dumb plotline about a group called the Cabal, and are best skipped.
>>
Vengeful Spirit.
>>
>>44250914
/thread
>>
File: Hospitality.jpg (108 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Hospitality.jpg
108 KB, 250x250
>>44250639
>which ones I should skip

Popular (i.e. not 4chan trolls) opinion is that the first three novels in the series are okay. Opinion is divided on the fourth, and the rest are pretty much generic comic-book-tier shit repurposed for Alan Merritt's freelancer gravy train. Naturally, numbers 5-whatever have loyal followings of 40kids too, but ...
>>
All of them bug me by being specific about events that, like others said, work better as myths and legend. That said I kind of liked Nemesis, or whichever one was about the assassins.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.