[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Devil Summoner: New Cycle Quest #22
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 25
File: Title New Cycle 2.jpg (250 KB, 900x596) Image search: [Google]
Title New Cycle 2.jpg
250 KB, 900x596
Previous threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Devil%20Summoner%20London%20Quest
Character sheet: http://pastebin.com/4keHKgX4
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MolochQM

You're not sulking. You're really not.

No, what crosses your mind, as you're leaving that dismal and unhallowed church, is the memory of Mother Maya's illusions. They were cruel things, used to distract and subvert even as she herself set about destroying her victims, but wasn't there a little bit of you that enjoyed their lighter moments? Would it not be nice, perhaps, to sink back into one of those pleasant fantasies – as opposed to the nightmare delusions that the demon herself favoured – and escape the pressures of the real world?

Pressures like the ones that have apparently driven Cassandra over the edge, pushing her right into the company of beings you considered to be enemies. Pausing, allowing the cold air to bring a rush of fresh clarity to your mind, you resolve to tell Amelia about this as soon as possible, and see what she has to say. Until then, of course, you're on your own, placed in the unenviable position of trying to fumble out the “right” thing to do.

Your name is Mia Vespucci, and you're starting to think that you could do with taking some of the pressure off as well. A few pleasant delusions, you muse to yourself as you stroll through darkened city streets, would be lovely. You'd settle for a good night's sleep, though – you're pretty sure that Amelia never had to deal with such a lack of rest, in her day.
>>
i'm gay
>>
File: Elliot.jpg (148 KB, 450x703) Image search: [Google]
Elliot.jpg
148 KB, 450x703
>>44244137

Back in the fairy kingdom, you quickly come across Elliot, sitting casually on a small section of marble stairs. He's almost perfectly still – so much so that your eyes slip off him at first, taking the eccentric young man for a piece of elaborate sculpture – save for his hands, fiddling and fidgeting with his little silver flask. It's been a while, you recall, since he last pulled out that particular foppish affectation – perhaps the stress of this new world is getting to him, as well.

“Heard you were out on your own,” he scolds, with an attempt at paternal authority. It's not particularly effective, though – that kind of gruff masculinity has never sat quite right with Elliot, for some reason – and you can only offer a faltering smile. The reminder of your father, coming after the inhumanly long day you've had, is hardly welcome. “Yes, well,” Elliot, noticing your ill mood, clears his throat, “Petra managed to arrange some rooms – lord only knows how she was able to swing it with the boss though. “

Rooms. Bedrooms. Sleep. As the thoughts run dizzily through your mind, you find yourself nodding to Elliot's comment and lurch past him, following the pointed finger he extends. You'll find your way there, no problem. It's not like this entire palace is built like a maze or anything.

In the end, you stop at the first door that has the sound of movement coming from behind it and barge in, all thought of manners lost beneath the weight of the day. The good thing is that your guess was the correct one, and you find yourself staring right at Petra. The bad thing, is that she's not exactly... dressed.

“They have showers here,” Petra grins, oblivious to the fact that her upper half is clad only in a short, tight top, “A joke, yes? Buckets and cold water, that's all.”
>>
>>44244146

Buckets... and cold water?

“You've never tried it?” Petra's grin deepens, “Lucky girl.”

Stammering out some vague, formless reply, you glance down and notice – to your great relief – that Petra is wearing her usual trousers, battered and stiff with dirt. Her abdomen, tight with muscle, catches your eye – or rather, the spreading inkblot of a bruise that colours the flesh there. A relic from your battle with Kagutsuchi, and one that still haunts her if the occasional wince that flashes across her face is any indication.

Reminded of your own injuries, you look away from the redhead and examine your mask. It took the force of Dionysus' blow – a thin web of cracks marring the surface – but still, your face was hurt pretty badly. Peering at yourself in the mirror, you flinch at the sight of the notch gouged from the bridge of your nose, now healed to a gnarled scar. Marco, when he sees this, is not going to be happy.

“Mia,” Petra asks as she runs her fingers through the loose hair spilling down her back, teasing out the countless knots, “You saw Cassandra? Is she... well?”

Now that's not a question you could answer in three words or less. Physically well? She had all her limbs and both eyes, so that's a thing. Mentally? You couldn't say. You really couldn't say.

>It was a private conversation. I'm sorry
>Cassandra... might be a problem
>Dodge the question. Ask about Leon
>Other
>>
>>44244157
>>Other
"She's pretty pissed at Amelia and what happened. Enough that she is considering throwing her lot in with the Great Will. Still I managed to convince her to at least talk to Amelia on the full moon before completely commiting. I'm not giving up on her yet."
>>
>>44244157
>Sad. Maybe to the breaking point. She's lost faith in Amelia, as a human who became God, knowing she wasn't perfect.
>She might be worse than Leon, if this keeps up.
>>
>>44244157
>>Cassandra... might be a problem
Maybe downplay it though. Just in case Petra decides to attack first or something like that

Also, girl abs are a gift from god.
>>
>>44244259
Petra isnt going to run off and attack one her few friends for having a difference opinion. Petra is aggressive and likes to fight but she isn't one of those 'Grr gotta kill this thing before it becomes a problem' kinda people.
>>
>>44244294
I guess. I just think it might be best to keep the risk of a rift opening between the two of them as low as possible until we know more.
>>
>>44244210
>>44244237
>>44244259

Swallowing hard, you decide that Petra should know – in fact, she should know everything, the full extent of the problem that you might be dealing with. You just wish it was easier to talk about, something you can saw while looking her in the eyes. Clearing your throat again – all these little gestures, you think bitterly to yourself, just to buy a little more time – you form the first words in your mouth. Cassandra, you say softly, is near breaking point. She's sad – worse than sad, she's desperate.

Petra doesn't reply, merely sitting at a roughly constructed desk – the kind of thing that might be called “rustic” - and contemplating the wall ahead of her with a growing frown. Cassandra has lost her faith in Amelia, you continue, so much so that she's even thinking about throwing in her lot with the Great Will.

“I see,” Petra reaches up, twisting a strand of her long hair around a finger as she thinks, “Maybe this was to be expected, yes? Tough times all round. Do you think she's going to be...” The redhead pauses here, the twist of hair unwinding as her hand falls slackly into her lap. “Difficult?” She eventually forces out.

You were able to convince her to meet with Amelia, you tell Petra, putting a positive spin on things. She's not committed to anything quite yet, and you're not ready to give up on her just yet. If she does turn on you, though... she might be an even bigger problem than Leon. A certain dread enters your voice as you say that, the words hanging in the air like a curse. Petra, again, says nothing to that – although her silence seems to say more than words could, the void rich with suggestions you find quite distasteful.
>>
>>44244401
Hey death isn't the only option. We could beat her demons, drag her back here, and stick her in a room with her Demon boyfriend while we fix things.
>>
>>44244401

“Leon,” Petra says eventually, with the deliberate air of someone changing the subject, “Will be fine.”

That's good, you declare with far too much forced enthusiasm, repeating the comment in a quieter, more sincere tone a second later. You were worried about him, you admit to Petra, all that blood...

“Clean wound. Through and through,” Petra shrugs, fanning out her hair as she leans back in the chair, staring up at the ceiling, “Nothing vital was damaged, but he'll be on bed rest for a day or two. Wounds can break open again, yes?”

Bed rest, you murmur to yourself, savouring the feeling of the words in your mouth. Such a tantalising, tempting song they sing to you, luring you towards a good night's sleep. You could always go and see Leon in the morning – after all, he'd HATE to have someone disturbing his rest. You would, if your positions were reversed. Yes, tomorrow will be fine...

“Tired?” Petra guesses, “There's a bed here for you. Titania can be generous, yes?”

>Say, how did you arrange this anyway?
>I'll sleep later, I have a few calls to make
>Right, tired. I'll get an early night
>Other
>>
>>44244454
>I'll sleep later, I have a few calls to make
Let Joseph know we're still out there and remember him.
>Say, how did you arrange this anyway?
>>
>>44244454
>>Say, how did you arrange this anyway?
>>I'll sleep later, I have a few calls to make
>>
>>44244454
>Bath....then bed
>Could you help if I happen to fall asleep in the middle?
Not even hinting at yuri, it's just bad shit to leave wounds and grime like those alone. And clean beds are nice.
>>
>>44244491
There's no bath anon. You got a bucket and you got cold water. You ain't falling asleep to that.
>>
>>44244510
isn't there a point where you're so tired not even cold water shock gets you? Although Mia might not be THAT tired yet.
>>
>>44244454
>>I'll sleep later, I have a few calls to make
>>44244491
And we should probably clean our wounds. Don't want to dirty up the fresh sheets
>>
>>44244587
>>44244491
>>44244483
>>44244478

You'll sleep later, you announce with a tremendous display of willpower, you've got a few calls to make first. Though... you might see about that “shower” Petra hinted at. The cold water might snap you back to your senses a little and make the call a little easier. It won't do Joseph any good to hear from you if you end up passing out halfway through the call.

“Brave,” Petra chuckles, “The bucket is through there, yes? No lock on the door, but I won't peek.”

Right, you murmur as you brush past her. You hadn't even thought about that until she mentioned it, but you can't imagine there would be a problem. You're both girls, after all. Slipping into the washroom – there are a few buckets of water here, brought from who knows where, and a stack of rough towels. Hardly five class, but it's better than anything you could expect to find out in the rest of the wasteland. Stripping down, you wet a cloth and wipe away the grime and filth that had accumulated on your body. Crawling through ghoul tunnels, you realise, is hardly a clean activity. You pay particular attention to the various scratches and scrapes you've accumulated, even the ones that were magically healed. Better safe than sorry, after all.

“Your back,” Petra announces from behind you, causing you to jump a little, “Scratches. Hard to reach – let me help.”

An awkward silence descends over the washroom as Petra snatches the cloth from your hand and begins to clean out the little stinging wounds that seem to cover your back. So, you eventually say in an attempt to fill the void, how did she arrange this anyway? You weren't expecting Titania to go out of her way to help you all like this.

“We have history,” Petra offers simply.
>>
>>44244729
>“We have history,” Petra offers simply.
Petra you were there for like a day and a half at most and barely talked to her, but I suppose Titania wants to help her step daughter's friends.
>>
>>44244729

History, you repeat to yourself. The good kind of history, you hope.

“Well,” there is a pause here, “Not the bad kind, yes? Anyway, things are easier here now – The Shackle have slunk back into their lairs, and the fairies are enjoying the respite. I wonder...” Petra's voice turns unusually pensive here, “Something we did, perhaps? Or the Intoxicating One retreating into his paradise?”

You couldn't say for sure, you offer, but things can't be going to well for him. Between your little group, you must have cut a swathe through his top men. If things are easier here, in the wasteland, then you must be able to claim some part in it.

“Then we are heroes,” Petra decides with satisfaction, prodding you in the back, “And we've earned our rest tonight. I'm done here, I think.”

You'll get your rest, you agree, but later. Now that you can string a sentence together, the cold water having shocked some lift back into your senses, you should call Joseph and make sure he's hanging in there.

“Suit yourself,” the redhead says, rising and leaving the washroom. You dress quickly and follow her out, taking your phone and excusing yourself to the relative privacy of the deserted corridor. Pulling up Joseph's number, you call him. Picking up on the second ring, his voice reaches your ears.

“Mia,” he says softly, speaking as though trying to remain undetected, “What can I do for you?”

Strangely formal, as though he wasn't currently being held hostage. You hope that isn't a bad sign.

>We've not forgotten about you, don't worry
>Get ready to move, we're coming to rescue you very soon
>Have you heard the angels mentioning Cassandra at all?
>Any word about the last divine fragment?
>Other
>>
>>44244803
>>Other
"Just checking in, seeing if you are alright. We'll probably come to get you sometime tomorrow so hang in there just a little while longer. Few questions though."

>Any word about the last divine fragment?
>Any weaknesses in your Archangel friends? Whats Uriel's deal with his face?
>>
>>44244803

>I need small talk, do they have hot water there?
>>
>>44244803
>>Have you heard the angels mentioning Cassandra at all?
>>Any word about the last divine fragment?
Should we really commit to trying to rescue him so soon?
>>
>>44245003
Honestly yeah. Michael is out finding the Eastern fragment. We want to get Joseph out of there and kill/recruit the Archangels before that happens.
>>
>>44244803
>>We've not forgotten about you, don't worry

We had to rescue Leon, he was less guarded than you and we're still hurting. We're coming just need to get stronger first and heal a Little.
>>
Good thing we got Kagutsuchi. He can go toe to toe with Uriel while the rest of us take down Raph.
>>
REMINDER, PETRA WILL ASCEND TO BE WITH HER WAIFU, SHE CANNOT BE REASONED WITH
>>
>>44245108
Counter reminder that Petra did, and will do, nothing wrong.
>>
>>44245029
I dunno maybe omit that we rescued Leon before him. They aren't on the best of terms.

>>44245108
You say that like its a bad thing. Her and Mia up there sharing the God load is not a bad idea. In fact is solves most of the problems that Amelia had.
>>
>>44245029
>>44245003
>>44244938

You just called to check in really, you tell Joseph, and to make sure he was doing alright.

“I wouldn't say “alright” exactly,” his voice turns glum here, “They keep me on a short leash here – more or less the only thing I have to do is read the books they give me. Dreary things, like a bible with all the parts about kindness and mercy cropped out. If this is their faith, it's no wonder they need to kidnap people to get new converts!”

Well, you think to yourself, he can't be doing that badly if he's able to crack jokes. Important question, do they have hot water over there?

“Hot water? They do – I think Uriel heats it up, with his magic. Maybe they're trying to lure me in, with warms baths and someone to scrub my back,” a muffled cough here, as though Joseph was trying to choke back the words he just said, “Uh, forget that last bit. I think this place is getting to me a little.”

Moving on – you hear a faint sigh of relief on the other end of the phone – you ask about Cassandra. Have any of the Archangels mentioned her at all?

“Cassandra?” Joseph sounds a little puzzled, “They've not said anything about her – should they have? No, wait a minute, they did mention something, but I don't know if it's her or not. They mentioned seeing a human skulking about to the East, searching for something.”

The East, huh? There was supposed to be a fragment in each of the cardinal directions – East among them. That means someone, possibly Cassandra, was searching for it – but if Cassandra was working with the angels, shouldn't they know about it? Frowning a little, you ask if Joseph knows anything more about the last divine fragment.
>>
>>44245179

“They say Michael – he's kind of their leader, I think – is out searching for it. He's never here, so he must be busy. At this rate, I don't know how long that fragment will be going undiscovered for.” There is a sudden pause, followed by a rustle of cloth and a few muffled voices. A moment later, Joseph returns. “Sorry about that, I've got to keep my phone hidden as best I can. That was the guard dogs, checking up on me. I told them I was talking to myself – they made a few rather rude comments about humans, but I think I convinced them.”

The Archangels, huh? Can he give you any details on them – weaknesses, perhaps? What about the one who was always covering his face, what's his deal?

“That's Uriel, and I think he's blind. He tends to walk very carefully inside, but he's a little more agile outside. He can throw fire about, as well – I can't imagine he has very good aim, though. Raphael, you know him, is Uriel's eyes, most of the time. Gabriel mentioned – in a very offhand way, I should add – that Raphael is vulnerable to lightning, and Uriel fears ice. She's too smart to let something like that slip out by mistake, so...”

So she might be helping him behind the scenes. Interesting – that might just be your ace in the hole.

“I hope this doesn't sound needy or anything,” Joseph begins, with a note of strained casualness, “But you ARE coming for me, aren't you? Soon, perhaps?”

Of course you're coming for him, you soothe, but things have been pretty rough lately. There are a lot of injuries spread around your group, and you need some time to recover. You WILL rescue him, though, and it'll be...

>Tomorrow, I promise
>Soon, real soon
>At some point
>Other
>>
>>44245270
>Tomorrow, I promise
If Gabby is helping him and Michael is still busy the sooner the better.
>>
>>44245130
>>44245139
just putting it out there

>>44245270
>Tomorrow, I promise
We've got a few aces now, needed to make sure we could take the heat.

We don't actually have Null Light, do we?
>>
Cern had Null Light, right?

Should we kill the big worm thing to convince Cern to join us?
>>
>>44245270
>>Tomorrow, I promise
Unrelated, but I have a theory about what Cass is up to:
I think she might be working directly for Mastema, who isn't working with the rest of the angels. He's got his own thing going on

>>44245338
>We don't actually have Null Light, do we?
Not on us I don't think
>>
>>44245270
>Tomorrow, I promise
We got lightning. We don't necessarily NEED Ice but it wouldn't be a bad idea to recruit an ice demon before the fight. We have Fire resist. Maybe we should also do that phone recording plan that an anon mentioned to trip up Uriel.

>>44245338
Nadja is resistant to Light. Dullahan is weak to light, but they aren't quite as Divine as they used to be. Also all their Hama spells take a second to charge so we could desummon our demons during that time and resummon them after. Perks of being a devil summoner.
>>
>>44245270
>>Soon, real soon
>>
>>44245382
most likely, but there isn't much TO say about that.

Unless he somehow convinced Cass to carry Samael's poison or the horn. Then shits about to go down.
>>
>>44245382
Mastema never liked the Archangels and wouldn't mind selling them off. That or Cass is going to be cutting a bloody swathe through the Law forces to make sure Law and YHVH is what she wants it to be. I wouldn't put that past her.
>>
>>44245420
>Cass forging a new Law
Man, that's actually pretty cool. If it wasn't for the fact that we'd be working against her, I'd support that
>>
File: Not Mastema.jpg (54 KB, 479x288) Image search: [Google]
Not Mastema.jpg
54 KB, 479x288
>>44245382
I wouldn't worry about that, son of - er, anon.
>>
File: YHVH CANNON.jpg (197 KB, 1280x778) Image search: [Google]
YHVH CANNON.jpg
197 KB, 1280x778
>>44245467
Next time we see her she's wielding this after forcing YHVH into a gun.
>>
File: 1414453236591.png (900 KB, 690x968) Image search: [Google]
1414453236591.png
900 KB, 690x968
>>44245512
It's like something out of H.R Giger
>>
>>44245512
Bitchin'.
>>
>>44245310
>>44245338
>>44245382
>>44245389

It'll be tomorrow, you can promise him that.

A sigh of relief greets your ears, as Joseph lets out all of his stored up anxiety in one long, drawn out exhale. “I'm glad to hear it, I won't lie about that. If I can get the chance, I'll see if I can speak with Gabriel a little more, maybe convince her to be “busy” somewhere else when things start to happen. That's about all I can do to help, at the moment.”

That's alright, you assure him, the important part is getting him out in one piece. Once that's done, you can start to divide up tasks accordingly.

“Stay safe, Mia,” Joseph urges you, pausing a moment, “These angels are just looking for an excuse to lash out. Once you make a move, they'll come at you with everything they've got. I hope you're ready for that.”

Ready? Well, you'll have to wait and see about that one, won't you? Still, you thank Joseph for his advice – and his concern – and end the call. Silence follows, as you hold your phone tight to your chest and think over what he told you. Uriel's blindness and Gabriel's willingness to turn traitor – both factors that you could work to your advantage. On the other hand, the angels hold more or less every other advantage – strong, with potent magic and the kind of inhuman stamina that allows them to stride around with gaping wounds with no consequence. You'll need to hit them hard and fast, taking them on one by one if possible.

Easy. That's what you tell yourself, at least, as you let yourself back into the bedroom and flop down on one of the warm, comfortable beds. Petra, her hair now pulled back into the usual braid, glances across at you.

“You look worried,” she says, quite simply.

>Tomorrow, we need to bust Joseph out
>It's nothing
>You've fought Archangels before, right?
>Other
>>
>>44245574
>You've fought Archangels before, right? Because tomorrow we need to bust Joseph out.
>>
>>44245574
"Any advice? I have a few ideas like getting you a demon that can throw ice around, but I'll take any advice you have."
>>
>>44245574
Bet you didn't set it up as a Royal Rumble did you?
>>
File: Kaneko.png (20 KB, 522x362) Image search: [Google]
Kaneko.png
20 KB, 522x362
>>44245557
Welcome to the world of Kazuma Kaneko, enjoy the flowers and dicks.
>>
>>44245574
>>You've fought Archangels before, right?
>>
>>44245608
>Shit's about to go down when that funky beats sounds all around the place.
>Heartless wearing a suit appears and bust some moves.
>"Hold it right there playas, 'cause this is now a tag team match! You, Archangels and You, team Human against this team of demons!"
>hola hola hola
>>
>>44245662
>Heartless danced crazy!
>>
>>44245716
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Di5RLEAuU
>>
Here's a thought:

Cass beat Mastema up so bad she stuffed him in her phone. Now she's out studying Divinity of Live Subjects.
>>
File: 1447567763664.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
1447567763664.png
40 KB, 152x254
>>44245741
Please let this be true. Moloch pls
>>
>>44245584
>>44245602
>>44245608
>>44245642

She's fought Archangels before, you ask as you stare up at the ceiling, right?

“Once,” Petra admits, “Cassandra fought more of them than me. I was... elsewhere, yes? Not involved until too late. My fault, really.”

Oh, well, does she have anything to tell you, any advice? You ask this, you tell her, because you need to bust Joseph out of his little prison – and you need to do it tomorrow.

“Terror of God,” Petra says in a sombre voice, after a moment's thought, “That's what they do to you. Something about what they are, yes? You'll want to turn tail and run, but you mustn't. They'll just stab you in the back. Best option is to hit them hard, in whatever weaknesses they have – if they have weaknesses. Some don't.”

This isn't really giving you much confidence. On the weaknesses part, though, you did have a few ideas. Hitting Uriel with ice for one thing, and maybe distracting him with some kind of decoy, anything that might take advantage of his blindness. That just leaves Raphael – and Nadja can handle the lightning part, can't she?

“You've planned,” Petra says approvingly, any further words cut off by a heavy yawn, “Sleep now, or it'll be tomorrow already.”

You're not exactly sure of the mechanics at work there, but you agree. Better to be well-rested before plunging into a battle like the one that will surely await you. The exact details of your plan can wait until the morning, when you can think things through clearly.

“Exactly,” Petra murmurs, her voice already thick with sleep as she flops down onto her own bed. Yawning, you let your eyes drift shut.
>>
Test
>>
All good here boss, unless its on your end.
>>
File: Dullahan.jpg (131 KB, 772x1280) Image search: [Google]
Dullahan.jpg
131 KB, 772x1280
>>44245877

You sleep through the night – of course you do, it's not like there's anyone creeping about, waking people up in the middle of the night or anything – and wake, refreshed, in the morning light. There is a rough wooden tray next to your bed, piled high with food scavenged from the dining hall, and a note from Petra. She woke early, it reads, and will probably be about. That's the exact word she used - “about”. Very helpful, you muse as you shovel rustic bread and salted cuts of cold meat into your mouth. It's not like anything you've ever eaten – with a taste that is so fresh it almost seems unreal.

When you've eaten – you've always been a light eater, but this time you find it easy to clear your plate – you gather your things and take a wander through the castle corridors. Finding a high spot, you look out across the surrounding area and take in the scenery. This is... nice, just taking a moment to gaze around. You came up here to look for Petra, but the view from this charming spot is almost enough to keep you lingering here for some time more. Sighing, you return to your search and it isn't long before you spot figures below, moving about in a ruined courtyard.

Yawning, stretching the last lingering traces of fatigue from your muscles, you trot downstairs to take a closer look. It's Petra, of course – that braid is unmistakable, even at such a distance – and Elliot. Dullahan, Petra's loyal demon, has been summoned as well, strutting back and forth on the stone tiles. Elliot, standing closely nearby, holds out his phone to capture the sound of the demon's metal heels clicking against the slabs. No, not his phone, but a spare – taken, no doubt, from a shattered shop.

“Looks ridiculous, I know,” Elliot laughs as he looks up, “Petra here says you mentioned a decoy, and this seemed the smart way of doing it.”
>>
>>44246072
Dat initiative. I like.
>>
>>44246072

“Anyway, if anything is going to be at the end of some furious angel's sword, I'd much rather it be a spare phone like this,” Elliot taps the phone, regarding it like a man assessing an animal ready for slaughter, “They call these “burners”, you know – criminals, I mean.”

You're not sure you want to know how Elliot knows what criminals talk about.

“Can't guarantee it'll work,” Petra declares cheerfully, apparently unconcerned with the prospect of horrible failure, “But it might. Anything helps, yes? Speaking of – what are you thinking?”

Meaning, you ask, right now?

“What Petra seems to be asking,” Elliot chips in, “Is “Are we done here yet?”. Ah, could it be that our redheaded friend is getting impatient? Perhaps dogged by some nerves?”

“Preparation,” Petra growls, “Are we finished? Anything you want to do, or should we make a move?”

>We're good to go. Let's make a move
>I wanted to speak with Scathach first, maybe forge a demon
>I had some other preparations... (Write in)
>Other
>>
What do you think guys? Should we find an Ice demon or are we good without it for now?
>>
>>44246195
It's kind of metagaming but I recall Amelia having a bit of trouble with Uriel. She needed some ice to slow him down, didn't she? Though Joseph said Uriel is slower now that he's blind
>>
>>44246147
>I had some other preparations... (Write in)
"Petra if it isn't pushing it could it be possible for you to ask Titania to lend one of her soldiers that knows ice magic?"
>>
>>44246147
I want to recruit Cern, but we don't have a particularly good way to do so.

The mask can construct illusions, right? Well, what if the demon WANTS to be hit by it, can we use illusions to show how big Maya was and how we gut her?
>>
>>44246147
Does Scathach still have Hres or did he fully go into that cloak? We can ask her to take him out for a spin again if its the former, since technically Hres still belongs to Amelia and we are working for Amelia.

>>44246256
We can show him the mask, also we can say that we decapitated Dion as he was exploding, just look at her scar. Helped subdue Kagutsuchi as well.
>>
>>44246321

Hresvelgr is not currently in Scathach's possession. He is "elsewhere"

>>44246256

The mask's illusions only effect humans, but the mask itself could act as a trophy
>>
>>44246072
>rustic bread and salted cuts of cold meat
Yum, would have feast with fairies
>>
>>44246147
>>44246229
Try this. I mean, if it doesn't work we're not really losing anything. We might owe Titania something later though
>>
>>44246256
>>44246392
Right, I'll stick with this anon >>44246321
>We can show him the mask, also we can say that we decapitated Dion as he was exploding, just look at her scar. Helped subdue Kagutsuchi as well.
>>
>I need to take a brief pause here. Current choice seems to be asking Titania for a demon and boasting to Cern. Apologies for the delay
>>
>>44246549
No prob boss.
>>
>>44246549
also might want to fish if Cern personally wants to fight some angels, anyway.
>>
>>44246624
That's a pretty good idea. He sounded bored earlier and the chance to kill some angels might appeal
>>
Since Petra has “good history” with Titania, you wonder aloud, would it be possible to request the aid of one of her soldiers? A demon capable of casting ice magic would be very useful in the fight against Uriel – and possibly even the Intoxicating One, if you're willing to look that far ahead. As you slip Maya's mask off, enjoying the gentle breeze on your face for a moment, you realise that the item itself might serve as a trophy of your triumphs. Enough to convince Cernunnos to hear you out, at least.

“Could work,” Petra says slowly, mulling things over, “We might owe Titania a favour, yes? Some dirty deed she needs done, later.”

You're willing to work with that, you tell her carefully. At the very least, you're willing to hear what kind of offer she makes you. If she turns you down, well, it's a non-issue. Cernunnos, though, might be harder to talk about – depending on how sober he is when you find him. It's early – that should be in your favour. Nobody drinks this early in the morning, right?

“Ah,” Petra grimaces, “I saw him earlier. He seemed...”

“He was indulging in the pleasures of this land,” Elliot interrupts smoothly, “Indulging to the greatest extent possible.”

This... might not be as easy as you were hoping. Shrugging – it's worth a try, at least – you turn from the ruined courtyard and head back towards the castle. At least you know where to find Cernunnos – you just need to follow the scent of ale and the sound of curses. Letting your obsidian mask dangle from your hand as you march, you quickly find your way back to the dining hall and, right where you expected to find him, your eyes drift to Cernunnos. Without breaking stride, you cross the room to his table and sit opposite him, gathering all your resolve to put on a display of strength.
>>
>>44247011

“Little worm,” Cernunnos growls, in between savage bites at the lump of raw meat he holds, “What brings you here, to my table once more?”

This, you say simply as you push the mask across the worn, scarred wood of the table. You say nothing else – letting your actions speak for themselves – as the horned god picks up the mask, turning it over in his hands with surprisingly delicate fingers.

“Mother Maya,” he says softly – frankly, just hearing that soft note creeping into his voice boosts your confidence – as he returns the mask to you, “Said to be the Intoxicating One's lover. Rumours mostly, and a fair share of bullshit, but that matters not. She is – was – a formidable foe. You killed her?”

You killed her, you confirm, climbed up onto her shoulder and carved your way through her blackened skull. That's not all, either. You took Dionysus' hand and then his head – you point to the scar across your nose, to prove the injuries you claimed in the process – and your group brought Kagutsuchi to heel. You've given the Intoxicating One a bloody nose over and over again – bringing his most powerful soldiers low and bending their wills – and even now you're preparing to kill the man himself. So, you say as you look up at him with a grin, have you proved yourself now?

“Little worm,” Cernunnos repeats, this time with a kind of respect, “You've been busy.”

And you're going to be busier still, you add, when you attack the Archangels. It's going to be a great battle – risky, but with the prospect of glory. Does he want a slice of the action? After all, it has to be better than sitting here, drinking his life away.
>>
>>44247143

“Hah!” Cernunnos laughs, pulling himself up a little higher. He looks... proud. Like he's reclaimed something that he once lost. “You've got a way with words, little worm, and you remind me of someone. Some other human that I fought alongside, once, against the angels. If it were up to me, I would join you in an instant!”

But... it isn't up to him, is it? Something, some lingering resentment about his tone, suggests that.

“Ah, politics,” the horned god waves away your worried tone. He seems excited now, as though finally able to voice his own opinions, “Some nonsense about not provoking a war with the angels. They don't have the devils to keep them in check these days, not like they used to, so they're considered “a threat”. Bah!” His fist comes down on the table, the impact sending your mask hopping briefly. “I can't come with you this time, but let me give you a little secret.”

You're listening, you tell him as you lean across the table.

“Soon, Titania wants me to lead some soldiers West, into unknown territory. She thinks there is treasure there, something of great value. Put yourself forwards for that, and I shall fight alongside you.” Cernunnos nods furtively as you return to your seat. West – that must be one of the divine fragments.

>I'll have to see what Titania says, of course
>No deal. Sorry
>Other
>>
>>44247165
>I'll have to see what Titania says, of course
>Other
"Before I go, last time we talked you mentioned that one of your soldiers went over your head and gave one of the 'shooting stars' to some woman. Who is she?"
>>
>>44247165
>>I'll have to see what Titania says, of course
>>Other
Ask if he knows anything about this other fragment. What's this unknown territory?
>>
>>44247165
>>44247217
This
>>
>>44247425
>>44247296
>>44247217

Well, you'll have to see what Titania says first, you muse. After all, she might not want some humans butting in on her business. Assuming she is agreeable, however, you might just take him up on that offer. You were planning on heading that way yourself, at some point. Does he know anything else, though, about this unknown territory? What kind of thing is he expecting to be marching into?

“A great and blasphemous forest,” those words sound strange coming from the barbarian, as though he was parroting someone else's description, “It grew swiftly, too fast to be natural, and spread like a cancer for a time. For now, it's stopped growing but the queen wants to know the cause – and to stop it, if there's a danger there.”

A forest, but not one that the fairies seem to find agreeable. You can't really think of anyone that might be lurking in such a place – but then, you're not exactly an expert in demons, are you? You thank Cernunnos and get up to leave, but a passing thought stops you. Last time you talked, he mentioned that one of his soldiers went over his head and delivered one of the shooting stars to a woman. Who was she?

“Huh, who else?” Cernunnos grunts, picking up another lump of raw meat and sizing it up, examining it carefully, “That damn witch of course. Scathach has her fingers in everything that happens around here.”

...Interesting. Not quite what you were expecting. The revelation must shake you more than you thought, because Cernunnos chuckles, the sound muffled by the food he crams beneath the bone mask he wears.

“Surprised? You shouldn't be,” chewing hard, he waves you away with a greasy hand, “Go on, little worm, don't you have places to be?”
>>
File: Titania.jpg (60 KB, 602x755) Image search: [Google]
Titania.jpg
60 KB, 602x755
>>44247646

Your mind is still whirling as you make your way to your next stop, Titania's audience chamber. Petra meets you halfway, apparently having taken the time to get her own breakfast while you were chatting with Cernunnos. You give her the brief details as you walk, and the sight of her pausing mid-step gives you a bitter smile. You're not the only one, it seems, that was taken by surprise at the news. Neither of you talks about much after that, both thinking things over. The question, unasked, is simple – is Scathach going to be a threat, in future?

In the audience chamber – empty, the wide open space making it seem emptier still – Titania sits atop her usual throne, looking down with solemn eyes as you enter. Does she know, then, about Scathach? It seems odd that something like that could happen without her knowledge, but...

“Mia, Petra,” Titania says coolly as you approach, “To what do I owe this pleasure?”

>I've heard Cernunnos will be leading a party soon. I want in
>Apparently, Scathach possesses one of the divine fragments. Did you know?
>I would like to request your aid. A soldier, if possible
>Other
>>
>>44247667
>I would like to request your aid. A soldier, if possible
>In return I can assist Cernunnos with his expedition West.

2 birds 1 stone.
>>
>>44247667
>>I've heard Cernunnos will be leading a party soon. I want in
>>I would like to request your aid. A soldier, if possible
Let's keep this business with Scathach close to our chest for the time being. Wait and see.
>>
>>44247706
>>44247667
This

Also yeah, I had a feeling it was Scathach. Always omitting details about the Center fragment when she should know and one of the few people in the fairy kingdom with enough self control to not immediately use it for a power play.
>>
File: nothitler.png (28 KB, 205x222) Image search: [Google]
nothitler.png
28 KB, 205x222
You think Scathach would trade her fragment for the chance to 'work' with one of the Lord's Archangels? I remember her telling Cass last cycle that she never gets to work on the Law forces.

We should talk to her before we leave.
>>
>>44247797
I wonder what the Geneva convention says about demons.
>>
>>44247932
Probably not a whole lot and Geneva is gone like most of the world.
>>
File: Vivian.jpg (50 KB, 525x748) Image search: [Google]
Vivian.jpg
50 KB, 525x748
>>44247706
>>44247738
>>44247750

You've come here with a petition for aid, you tell her, bowing your head respectfully. You request the service of a soldier – a warrior of ice, if possible.

“Such a thing could be arranged,” Titania purrs, absent-mindedly checking her fingers. Even though you've only known her for a short time, you know her well enough to recognise a deliberate gesture. She's keeping her cards close to her chest for the time being, holding back any mention of what it might cost you. “But please tell me, such an offering poses a certain degree of risk – what could I expect in return?”

In return, you're willing to assist Cernunnos with his expedition to the West. You heard about that, and you're prepared to throw your strength behind the mission.

“Ah, he talked? It is to be expected,” Titania sighs slightly, “Yes, there are plans to explore new territories in the demon world, to learn the truth behind this new forest. If there is anything there that poses a threat to us, he has been ordered to destroy it. If there is anything there – anything at all – that might benefit us...”

An important mission then, you suggest, and one that she'd want to be in good hands. That's why you put your name forwards – in return, all you're asking for is the service of one single demon.

“Yes yes,” Titania nods slowly, “I know a fair trade when I see one.” With that, she claps her hands firmly together, the sound echoing out through the room. Before you, a pool of water bubbles up from between the tiles before you. It grows in size and slowly rises up from the ground, a woman appearing in the middle of the floating pool.

“I am Vivian,” she says softly, “I am she who lives within the lake. This sword of kings is now at your command.”

>Release a demon and take Vivian for yourself
>Allow Petra to claim Vivian
>>
>>44248068
>>
>>44248068

Ekusukariba
>>
>>44248068
About time she got some magic weight.
>>
>>44248068
>>Allow Petra to claim Vivian
You think this might get Petra wet?
>>
File: 1408731224394.png (2 MB, 4616x3304) Image search: [Google]
1408731224394.png
2 MB, 4616x3304
>>44248121
>Attraction
>To demons

Petra's fw.
>>
>>44248078
>>44248101
>>44248106
>>44248121

You step back, allowing Petra forwards to claim the fairy for herself. She could do with another demon, and she could definitely use some magical strength.

“Please,” Titania asks, a note of weary amusement in her voice, “Keep her in the form you currently see – for a while, at least.”

“Ah,” Petra laughs – a little bit nervously, perhaps? - and steps forwards, her phone raised to take Vivian into her service. “It's only fair, yes?”

As the fairy, borne aloft on her cushion of water, vanishes into Petra's phone – the shimmering screen of light reminds you, somehow, of a waterfall filmed in slow motion – you return your gaze to Titania. You shall return, you promise her, when Cernunnos is ready to lead his expedition. Until then, you humbly thank her for her accommodation. You appreciate having somewhere to sleep – you're less fond of the showers, however. That last part remains unsaid, for obvious reasons.

“Take care,” Titania tells you, “Archangels are no easy foes, and fighting two at once will be a true test of your skills. Needless to say, I eagerly await the results. Of course, should you be captured and tortured horribly, I expect you to say nothing of this – you act of your own volition, and I had nothing to do with it.”

Of course. Politics. Thanking her again, you leave the audience chamber, Petra sticking close behind you.

“I think that does it,” she mutters as you're leaving, “We're ready, yes?”

>Right. We're ready
>Just a few small things left now... (Write in)
>Other
>>
You guys want to offer Uriel and Raph as a trade for the fragment to Scathach guys? It'll be tougher, but we have Shax's poison and Shikome's debilitations to keep them comatose.

Thats of course she goes for that deal.
>>
>>44248441
>Thats of course she goes for that deal.
Thats of course if* she goes for that deal.
>>
>>44248441
It sounds like something she'd go for. On the other hand we'd be forced to show our cards. She'd know that we know. That might not be BAD but we'd be losing an advantage.
>>
>>44248387
>Just one big thing left now... (Write in)
Talk to Scathach about the fragment. Lay the cards out, don't demand anything, but ask if she is willing to part with it. Ask what she wants, offer >>44248441 this as potential payment.
>>
>>44248387
>>Right. We're ready
>>44248522
Ooc for Mia bro
>>
>>44248536
How OOC? I think Mia is aware that Archangel's are rare and she doesn't have any love for them. She obviously wouldn't do this to Gabby but the other two are assholes keeping her friend hostage and want her dead cause she was buried somewhere.
>>
>>44248387
>>Right. We're ready
>>
Alright fine, but remember you guys are giving up two opportunities here.

1. A potential peaceful way to get the center fragment from Scathach, so that we may continue to have a good working relationship in the future.

2. Sweet Archangel armor or items that could really help us going forward.
>>
>>44248522
>>44248387
Seconded though I am late as fuck and it probably won't matter.
>>
>>44248567
1. You're using meta knowledge Mia wouldn't know

2. This is arguably as bad as old cycle Joseph. Not something Mia would think off

3. Blindly trusting and outing ourselves to some who has lied to us before and can at the moment squish us at a whim.
>>
>>44248575
>>44248536

Right, you agree tentatively, you think you're ready. Anything else, right now, can wait until you're finished here.

“Very good, yes?” Petra nods, satisfied with your decision, “Preparation is all well and good, but now is the time for action!”

With that bold statement, you both makes your way out of the castle, stopping off at that ruined courtyard where Elliot was waiting. He's still there, practising with his decoy – now attached to a long rope that he swings back and forth to move it. He's grown quite adept at making the spare phone slither back and forth across the tiled ground, skittering across even rough, irregular ground without snagging or clattering too loudly. It DID look silly at first, but you're starting to think that it might just work.

Without the need for any lengthy debates, Elliot falls in behind you as you and Petra stride off into the forest, making your way through the trees until the gates are in sight. Slipping through, you emerge into the demon world once more. It seems... warmer here, somehow, as though the Inferno Idol is starting to do its job. You're glad – that deathly chill was never your idea of fun. Still, the streets are lined with snow and haunted by whistling winds – Winter has not yet abandoned this place.

The ground rumbles beneath you – reminding you, suddenly, of the good old London Underground – as you walk, but that's become something you're used to. You take notice, briefly, and then forget about it. The ground beneath you is solid, and that's really all that matters to you. Another tremble disturbs the ground as you arrive at the cathedral, seemingly setting the mood for the coming battle.

Raphael is here, standing guard like last time. He does not look happy.
>>
>>44248804
Fine you're right but man does it feel like a waste you know?
>>
>>44248877
I get it. Still the price we pay to play the character.
>>
File: Raphael.jpg (825 KB, 1888x2492) Image search: [Google]
Raphael.jpg
825 KB, 1888x2492
>>44248848

“Child of spite,” he muses, his lips twisting into a bitter smile, “You return here, against all common sense. Surely you cannot be so arrogant, that you expect to walk away this time? I know your tricks, you little heretic, and I shall not be fooled again.”

He's as charming as always. Reaching down to touch Midnight's hilt – although, if Raphael is telling the truth, it won't help you much – you steel yourself for battle. Looking around, you can't see Uriel anywhere, not on any of the rooftops or lurking in any of the darkened alleys.

Not good.

There is a grinding of metal as Raphael draws his sword, the golden metal glistening in the weak light. His eyes are lit, now, with a monstrous anticipation, as though this battle has been something he has been waiting for for a very long time. The silence draws out, neither of you willing to break the stalemate that has descended, and you feel the tension gnawing at your nerves. With each passing second, you expect the Archangel to burst into motion – but he waits, waiting for you to make a mistake.

>Attack Raphael quickly
>Retreat, search for Uriel
>Retreat, abandon mission
>Other
>>
>>44248938
>>Retreat, search for Uriel
>>
>>44248938
He's the weak link.
>>
>>44248938

I'm thinking
Kagatsuchi - Physically attack and block him from the others.
Vivian - Ice Ice Baby
Lilim - Rakunda and Lightning

When we find him. Humans should stay out of this fight.
>>
>>44248938
>>Retreat, search for Uriel
Think Lilim might be able to sniff him out? She might get spooked when he's near
>>
File: Lilim.jpg (41 KB, 520x1054) Image search: [Google]
Lilim.jpg
41 KB, 520x1054
>>44248970
>>44248995
>>44249055
>>44249081

Nope. No way are you picking a fight when you don't know if Uriel will be dropping down on your head – possibly in a literal sense – half way through. Taking a step back, and then another, you turn your back on Raphael and run, hurrying away into the relative safety of an alleyway. Uriel has to be around here somewhere, lying in wait for some signal Raphael might have prepared, but you just can't see him. If he's hiding, silent and patient, how are you supposed to find him?

An idea strikes you as you're hiding, and you call up Lilim. The little devil shivers in the cold, but you suspect the fear of the lurking Archangels might be the real reason. “Um, boss, I think I mentioned not being comfortable here. Like, not even slightly...”

You just need her to sniff out an angel, you tell her calmly, that's all. Just a general direction in which to start your search.

“Right, I can do that. I can,” Lilim takes a breath, steadying herself, “Okay! There's an Archangel right in the street, right in front of the gates.”

...You know already. You're looking for the other Archangel.

“Oh,” Lilim sounds disappointed, “Ah! You're right – there IS another one! He's... underground. A basement, I guess. Um... try across the street, a building with all the windows boarded up.”

Sticking your head out of the alleyway, you notice the building Lilim mentioned – a fairly standard building, gothic and twisted, but with thick wooden planks nailed across all the windows. The doorway is boarded up as well, but poorly – you could all slip under the lazy barricade, no problem. Casting a glance back over your shoulder, making sure everyone else is following you, you rush out of the alley and make your way, awkwardly, into the building.
>>
>>44249303

Inside, you begin to realise why the windows were boarded up. The room you find yourself in – empty and entirely barren – is close to pitch black. You can barely see a hand when you raise it a few inches away from your face. This kind of murk would suit the blind angel perfectly, stealing away the one advantage you have over him by default – and if it's dark up here, the basement will be even worse. You might as well go down there with your eyes closed.

Opening you mouth to warn the others, you realise something and close it quickly. Any noise – any at all – might be enough to draw Uriel to your position. It's a wonder that your footsteps haven't already summoned him. Waiting, perfectly still, you hear another rumble from beneath the earth. A moment later, you hear muffled footsteps – a heavy, steady thumping that drifts up from the basement. There's definitely something down there.

Creeping forwards a few paces – you can risk that much, you decide – you draw closer to the staircase down, your eyes adjusting enough that you can make out the general shape. Peering down, you see a figure – hulking and humanoid – stomping around in loose circles. He looks like a broken toy, you realise with a strange and vague flash of pity. Almost mindless, really, like someone following an ancient routine that has long since lost all meaning. As you lean a little closer, one of the steps beneath your feet creaks, the mournful sound echoing out.

Uriel freezes. So do you. He turns, looking sightlessly up to your position

>Launch the attack
>Have Elliot throw the decoy downstairs
>Try to flee
>Other
>>
>>44249442
>Have Elliot throw the decoy downstairs
Then
>Launch the attack
with >>44249055 this set up.

Kagu's own self will light this place up for us.
>>
>>44249442
>>44249498
This
>>
>>44249442
This could be bad. Go with this though: >>44249498
And we can use the demons mentioned earlier. Lilim, Vivian and Kagut
>>
File: Uriel.jpg (729 KB, 1952x2536) Image search: [Google]
Uriel.jpg
729 KB, 1952x2536
>>44249563
>>44249539
>>44249498

Glancing over at Elliot – his eyes seem very wide and very white in the darkened room, you gesture frantically for the decoy and then point down the stairs. It takes him a moment to realise what you're trying to say, fear clouding his mind, but when he leaps into action the effect is instantaneous. He fiddles with the spare phone for a moment before tossing it, under arm, past you, sending it skittering across the basement floor. As the canned sounds of Dullahan's footsteps draws him away, you focus on Uriel's retreating back.

Now – the time to strike!

Petra is quick to summon Vivian, while Elliot – using his real phone this time – calls up Kagutsuchi. The bright light thrown off that blazing demon stabs at your eyes, nearly blinding you with the sudden contrast. Keeping Lilim summoned – despite her fear, you feel like her abilities will be invaluable – you prepare to attack. With his back turned, blind eyes flashing back and forth as he tracks phantom enemies, you've got time for one good hit on Uriel.

>Please roll 2D100, for Vivian and Kagutsuchi. I'll take the highest of the first three!
>No roll to beat this time, since Uriel is briefly defenceless
>>
Rolled 24, 21 = 45 (2d100)

>>44249692
Lets make the most of it...
>>
File: 1450397378500.png (310 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450397378500.png
310 KB, 500x375
Rolled 47, 91 = 138 (2d100)

>>44249692
>>
Rolled 32, 63 = 95 (2d100)

>>44249692
>>
Well 47 with Ice + the coming Rakunda isn't terrible.

Kagu is going to slap some shit though.
>>
File: Kagutsuchi.jpg (832 KB, 1936x2320) Image search: [Google]
Kagutsuchi.jpg
832 KB, 1936x2320
Rolled 72, 37, 14 = 123 (3d120)

>>44249736

Lifting her sword, Vivian is the first to make her move, sweeping it imperiously though the air and calling up a thick, clinging mist from beneath the earth. It rises up around Uriel and thickens, flash freezing into a skin of ice that holds Uriel in place. Cackling at the Archangel's sudden paralysis, Lilim spreads her arms and weaves a ball of purple light. As her sinister laughter reaches its peak – she clearly relishes the chance to push around an angel far above her status – the purple light forms bands of light that sink into Uriel. As you watch, the Archangel's armour begins to blacken and corrode.

Now, helpless and weakened, Uriel is defenceless against the next blow. Kagutsuchi is the one to throw it, a mighty punch with the whole of his bodyweight behind it. The blow shatters the ice clinging to Uriel instantly, hammering the Archangel off of his feet and spilling him out onto the floor. Hardly a dignified position for a mighty angel, and the humiliation clearly stings at Uriel's wounded ego. He rises to his feet, wings beating furiously, and draws his sword. A low growl escapes his lips, quickly rising to a howl of injured rage.

That won't go unnoticed.

“Uh oh,” Lilim mutters, sparks playing around her fingers as she prepares to use her lightning magic.

>Please roll 3D100, for Vivian, Kagutsuchi and Lilim. Again, best of the first three
>>
Rolled 51, 31, 40 = 122 (3d100)

>>44249950
Better make this fast. Raph is coming.
>>
Rolled 62, 95, 17 = 174 (3d100)

>>44249950
>>
Rolled 44, 71, 52 = 167 (3d100)

>>44249950
Come on Viv. Don't die on me!
>>
Man, Kagutsuchi is wrecking shit today
>>
>>44250132
Elliot is very lucky in demon battles. Must be why he sucks at gambling so much.
>>
>>44249979
>>44250005
>>44250019

“Lord!” Uriel howls as he rises, his voice sending an awful chill running through you, “Grant me strength!” With that might roar, his wings beat once, sending him soaring up into the air, heedless of the ceiling above him. Uriel crashes through the flimsy floorboards, causing the entire floor to crumble and collapse, spilling you all out onto the basement floor. Vivian, borne aloft on her floating pool, drifts down gently to rest beside you.

“Human,” she asks softly, despite your desperate attempts to hush her, “Are you-”

Uriel lands on her. Sword first, the armoured Archangel lands on the fairy and cuts off her question. She shrieks, Uriel's blade pinning her to the ground like a bug in a specimen cabinet. “This is your punishment!” Uriel shouts, a lance of fire bursting down his sword to immolate the impaled demon. Vivian screeches as she dies, her water flashing to steam in an instant. When the steam clears, she is gone – and Uriel stands before you, his sword held in a killing grip.

You stay very still and hold your breath, trying to still your frantically hammering heartbeat lest the pounding sound attract the Archangel's attention. Straightening up, Uriel pauses and then, amazingly, he sniffs the air. Dread fills you as he turns towards you, but then he is distracted by a shrill yell.

“Take this you... you fascist!” Lilim squeals, hurling the lightning bolt she had been preparing at Uriel. It strikes him in the back, piercing his weakened armour and knocking him forwards, off his balance. As Uriel stumbles forwards, Kagutsuchi crashes into his front, knocking him to the ground in a brutal tackle. You don't see exactly what happens next, but the struggle ends with Kagutsuchi falling backwards, a thick spray of blood following the arc of his fall.
>>
>>44250222

Something doesn't seem right for a long moment after that, your eyes trying to track Uriel's movements. The Archangel's reach seems to have extended by a huge degree, his winged body remaining sprawled out on the ground even as his arm follows Kagutsuchi's fall. It takes you a few seconds more to realise exactly what just happened.

His arm. Kagutsuchi pulled Uriel's arm – the left one, as if that mattered – right out of its socket in a fountaining spray of blood. The screams and howls that emerge from the Archangel are indescribable, an animalistic outpouring of rage and hate that chills out more than anything you've heard in a long time. He can't keep fighting like this for much longer, he just can't!

Perhaps that's what Uriel thinks as well, for as he struggles to his feet he takes to the air with a powerful flap of his wings. He shoots straight up, this time punching out through the building altogether, leaving a shattered hole that allows a ray of blessed light in. He... ran away?

No, he ran to get help. Reinforcements.

“Come on!” Petra shouts, clambering up the smashed staircase, “He's getting away!”

>Give chase
>Take this slowly. Try to find Raphael first
>Other
>>
>>44250335
>>Take this slowly. Try to find Raphael first
>>
>>44250335
Damnit
>>
>>44250335
God its like we are playing Monster Hunter. Someone paint ball him.
>>
>>44250365
>>44250381
>>44250409

Scrambling up the ruins of the stairs – there are just enough handholds and footholds to make it possible, you catch up with Petra and grab her arm, pulling her back from the doorway. She turns, teeth bared as she fights with you for a brief moment before normal sense resumes. That killing light fades from her green, inhuman eye, and she lowers the fist she had raised. “Mia,” she hisses, “He's getting away!”

No, you whisper back, he can't! Uriel can't go to Raphael – he's blind! Raphael needs to come to Uriel, and that means coming here. If you wait, in hiding, you might be able to get the drop on the newcomer.

“But-” Petra begins, but her words are cut off as Raphael crashes down from the sky, his descending feet ploughing through the concrete beneath as though it was as frail as the packed snow on top of it. If you'd just rushed out, without checking the skies above, you would have been beneath that deathly dive. “Fine!” Petra shouts back, grinning ferociously as she summons Dullahan, “He came to us!”

“You will pay for this!” Raphael yells, tearing away the planks on the doorway – tearing away the whole damn doorway – in his fury. You dive out of the way as he swings at you, rolling out into the snowy streets.

Round two.

>Change demons?
>>
>>44250556
Nadja time.
Dullahan and Kagatsuchi
>>
>>44250556
Switch Lilim for Nadja
Petra and Elliot should be good for now.
>>
>>44250611
Not much choice in Petra's case. But yeah. Nadja and Kagutsuchi are good to go
>>
File: Nadja.jpg (153 KB, 1040x1688) Image search: [Google]
Nadja.jpg
153 KB, 1040x1688
Rolled 57, 32, 91 = 180 (3d150)

>>44250586
>>44250611
>>44250636

Calling Lilim back – she's had enough violence for one day, or at least until you need her as a back up – you send Nadja out into the field, sparks already gathering around her bone necklace. Dullahan beats an armoured fist against her breastplate as she begins to circle Raphael, watching his sword arm carefully. Heat blossoms on your back as Kagutsuchi arrives, shortly followed by Elliot.

“Bloody hell,” the young fop breaths, stuck dumb by the sight of Raphael up close. You ignore him, scanning the skies for any sign of Uriel. You expected to see him crouched atop one of the roofs or circling above in the sky, but there is no sign of him at all. That worries you – worse, it sends a spasm of anxiety running down your spine. He might be injured and blind, but he's still a dangerous enemy.

“I should have known better,” Raphael growls, “You humans are truly beyond redemption. When we build the new world, it shall be done without vermin like you. Until then, I shall have to end you myself!” Shouting those last few words, he tugs his sword out and bares it menacingly.

>Please roll 3D100, for Nadja, Dullahan and Kagutsuchi. Best of three like usual!
>>
Rolled 77, 24, 9 = 110 (3d100)

>>44250748
Poor Kagutsuchi
>>
Rolled 21, 50, 43 = 114 (3d100)

>>44250748
>3d150
Holy shit.
>>
Rolled 78, 89, 91 = 258 (3d100)

>>44250748
>>
>>44250790
WITNESSED!
>>
File: 1450404474881.png (21 KB, 488x469) Image search: [Google]
1450404474881.png
21 KB, 488x469
>>44250790
>tied
I guess Kaga ain't dead quite just yet.
>>
Well I was going to say we should switch Kagu out for Shikome when he bought it but he is still kicking it seems.
>>
Rolled 24, 96, 41 = 161 (3d100)

>>44250790

Kagutsuchi is the first to charge, his spirits blazing with his victory against Uriel, and yet this time the results are less impressive. Sensing his brother angel's blood on the demon's hands, Raphael thrusts his shining sword towards Kagutsuchi, aiming for a single fatal strike. Neither blow quite lands, as Kagutsuchi twists awkwardly, grabbing Raphael's hands and pushing them up, diverting the blow. It's a stalemate, both of them wrestling over control of the blade.

As the two titans struggle and waver, Dullahan slips – virtually unnoticed – beneath Raphael's guard and thrusts her long blade into his stomach, pushing it up and twisting. Raphael groans, the blade skewering his already maimed chest, and some of the strength drops from his hands. Kagutsuchi pushes the angel up and away, shoving hard and barging him into the building opposite. Ducking back, Dullahan kneels as Nadja leans over, hurling a single blindingly white thunderbolt into Raphael's chest. It strikes in an explosion of light and the scent of burning flesh fills the air.

As you blink, trying to clear your eyes, you see a dark shape hurtling through the smoke towards you all. Raphael, howling for blood, launches himself towards you in a deathly charge, ploughing straight past your demons as he seeks out human blood. Gasping aloud, you prepare to hurl yourself out of the way.

>Please roll 3D100, for Mia, Petra and Elliot. I'll take the highest of the first three!
>>
>>44250790
Holy shit.
>>
Rolled 42, 94, 44 = 180 (3d100)

>>44250936
Oh no Petra pls.
>>
Rolled 69, 85, 38 = 192 (3d100)

>>44250936
RIP Slav musclegirl
>>
Rolled 58, 79, 10 = 147 (3d100)

>>44250936
Perfectly calm
>>
File: j-jonah-jameson.jpg (17 KB, 380x274) Image search: [Google]
j-jonah-jameson.jpg
17 KB, 380x274
Rolled 58, 25, 58 = 141 (3d100)

>>44250954
>>44250936
Someone get this man a +2 modifier
>>
Rolled 129, 14 = 143 (2d150)

>>44250954
>>44250981

You and Elliot hurls yourselves in opposite directions, parting left and right in the face of Raphael's lethal charge. You're not sure why, whether some lunatic bravery seized her or whether she was simply too slow, but Petra remains standing, stock still, as the Archangel crashes into her. At the last minute, she slips slightly to the side, leaning away from his sword. Those few inches of movement, that single lean, save her life.

Rather than taking the point of Raphael's sword straight in her chest, Petra is met by the Archangel's outstretched hand, the powerful grip closing around her throat as Raphael plunges past you, vanishing down out of sight as the pair fall into the exposed basement. A second – if that – passes, and then you hear a piercing shriek, what could be the ghastliest thing you've ever heard wrenched from a human throat. It lasts a long, keening moment and then cuts off. The silence afterwards is dreadful.

Bursting up from the ground, Raphael glares at you and laughs madly, gleefully ignorant of the burning sword sticking through his guts. His empty hand is bloodied, splattered with bright gore, and his face is terribly jubilant.

“One insult avenged,” he leers, pointing his sword your way, “You're next, child of spite!”

>Please roll 2D100, for Nadja and Kagutsuchi. Best of three, once more!
>>
Rolled 23, 54 = 77 (2d100)

>>44251100
RIP Nadja
>>
Rolled 98, 60 = 158 (2d100)

>>44251100
Kill this fucker Kagu.
>>
Rolled 10, 2 = 12 (2d100)

>>44251100
The fucker took out Dominion's eye didn't he.
>>
>>44251100
Oh no
>>
>>44251134

You're still stunned, reeling, as Raphael lands before you, his blade hungering for you. Defenceless, stuck with what Petra – poor Petra – called the “Terror of God”, you can do nothing but stare up at the approaching Archangel with dismay. Well, you gave it your best – it just happens that your best wasn't good enough.

“No!” Nadja yells, standing before you with her arms outstretched, sparks playing around her as she prepares for an attack, “No, I won't let you-”

It's a brave attempt, but she never even gets the chance to finish her sentence. Raphael, with a kind of contemptuous ease, swipes down with his blade and hacks the little fairy in two, the force of his blow throwing the halves away. The sight, the sheer ease with which murder comes to him, causing you to retch, dropping to your knees.

“That's right,” Raphael sneers, “Humans should bow before one such as I. Finally, you've learned your place. For that, I'll grant you the mercy of-”

This time, it's Raphael that is cut off, as Kagutsuchi punches him from behind, his blazing first bursting right through the angel's unarmoured torso. Blood splatters you, staining your skin, as Raphael grunts, each breath coming as a dreadful gurgle. With a single, loping step forwards, he pulls himself off of Kagutsuchi's fist and flaps his wings once, twice – each flap weak and weary. With the last of his strength, he takes flight and twists in the air, heading up and away just as Uriel fled. He's... running?

Let him run. You don't have the strength to give chase. You barely have the strength to rise.

>I think that's a fair place to stop. Next thread on Sunday, and I'll stick around for a while in case of any questions. Thanks for all your contributions today!
>>
>>44251296
Petra dead or just blind? Mia about to have a heart attack? how freaked is Elliot?
>>
>>44251296
Is Slavic muscle woman of glory a goner? ;_;
>>
File: 1450388580446.png (312 KB, 489x563) Image search: [Google]
1450388580446.png
312 KB, 489x563
>>44251296
That got dark.

Thanks for the run Moloch.

Petra is back to having one eye again huh? Man if we were Amelia I would totally be down to carve another eye from Raph.
>>
>>44251329
>>44251346
>>44251362

Petra isn't dead, but she's damn close.
Mia's not about to have a heart attack, but she's probably bordering on catatonia right now.
Elliot has, at last, realised that this is not a joking matter.
>>
>>44251369
Well I know what Moh and Hua Po are going to be using all their energy on next thread.
>>
>>44251369
>Elliot has, at last, realised that this is not a joking matter.
Bout time

Would Petra have died if we rolled lower?

How much Popcorn has Nylrarhotep gone through watching this fight?
>>
>>44251382

Ah, that reminds me! I meant to mention that, after getting the rest, all our demons were returned to full strength.

>>44251385
>Would Petra have died if we rolled lower?

Potentially, yes! Raphael rolled really quite high, I was quite surprised.
As for popcorn, well, there's going to be a universe wide shortage!
>>
>>44251399
>As for popcorn, well, there's going to be a universe wide shortage!

Even enjoying himself on the sidelines he causes suffering.
>>
Updated.

>>Main Goal
>Recover Cosmic Fragments
-Center fragment acquired by Scathach, hasn't done anything yet.
-North fragment captured by Mada and the Shackle. Fortress had transformed.
-South fragment captured and used to make some town on the southern outskirts of the city
-West fragment claimed - Assist the Fairy Expedition.
-East fragment unaccounted for. Michael and Cassandra are both looking for it. Together? Against each other?

>Priority Missions
-HEAL PETRA
-Rescue Joseph - Finish off Uriel and Raphael. Find Joseph.
-Marco's release - Tell Mister Black about the Inferno Idol and Kagutsuchi.
-Keep in contact with Cass.

>Other missions
-Kill the tunnelling demon
-Meet up with Amelia at the next full moon.
-Hit up Moloch for our reward if we want to. (Possibly dangerous, Lucy is an asshole, etc.)

>Current Situation
HEAL PETRA HOLY SHIT

Guess we are down two summoners now.
>>
Elliot better get her transvestite ass in gear and heal everybody especially Petra, holy shit. Hopefully Joseph's heard some of the commotion and comes over with a demon that can heal.
>>
>>44251477

Well, now that the dynamic duo have left the building, Gabriel could probably be convinced to help. She's nice that way!
>>
>>44251477
Cross dresser
>>
>>44251501
Has Joseph tried to touch fluffy wings yet?
>>
>>44251522

Well, that might be pretty difficult if we're talking about Gabriel!
She WAS washing his back though...
>>
>>44251552
Then I take it she doesn't like them being touched because they're sensitive? Also how embarrassed was joseph?
>>
>>44251570

Oh, no, it's because Gabriel lost her wings, just like Uriel lost his eyes and Raphael had most of his guts removed. A punishment from God!

>Also how embarrassed was joseph?

The entire experience was just hilariously awkward. He kept his eyes straight forwards for perhaps 95% of the time.
>>
>>44251614
>95%

I take it her enjoyed the view the other 5 and thought he was being stealthy, while Gabriel thanks to how her eyes work knew exactly what he was doing?
>>
>>44251650

He might have slipped a few quick looks! Gabriel, of course, knew about it right away.
The whole thing, of course, was an attempt at lulling him into a false sense of security.
>>
>>44251706
Last Cycle was a tutorial. Back then Raph was taken down with a Pixe and Eligor with a trick up his sleeve. This one is a monster.
>>
>>44251937

Well, Lilith got a hit in on the previous Raphael, but yet - he brought his A game this time. Maybe his guts were weighing him down?

Just imagine what Michael is capable of!
>>
>>44251975
>Just imagine what Michael is capable of!

Without the Shard? He could probably have solo'd us himself? With the shard? I'm Think Exalted Essence 10 God level bullshittery.
>>
>>44251975
>Implying Cass hasn't stuffed Michael in a phone or is wearing a necklace made of him.

Amelia know what happened or does she have no eyes in her void?
>>
>>44252016

She can't observe directly, but she has her ways of keeping up to date!
Undine gathers the relevant information and sends it on. She's a good girl

Needless to say, Amelia has found the whole thing quite harrowing!
>>
>>44252050
Undine being awesome.

Lilim works for her right?
>>
>>44252097
Yup. Also Undine has apparently rank Upped into a stronger demoness.
>>
>>44252097
>>44252105

Yes, Lilim gathers information for the Amala Network. Although, ultimately, that functions as a general information exchange, it isn't exclusively for Amelia's use.
>>
>>44252140
True, but Undine is the head of the Amala network now. So what if she gives an old friend a freebee?
>>
>>44252155
>So what if she gives an old friend a freebee?

That would be dishonest and unethical!

I mean, she does it anyway, but still!
>>
>>44252181
>That would be dishonest and unethical!

Only if said friend could use the information. Amelia can't as a general rule.
>>
>>44252140
Hmm...

We got a few friends in high places, important people like Sati like us, we are on good terms with the fairies.

Would it be possible to create a Neutral Force that can rival Law and Chaos? Filled with more benevolent demons that aren't a fan with YHVH and Lucifer and don't want to be pushed around by organizations like the Shackle?

In Strange Journey terms a Light-Neutral Force.
>>
>>44252205

Such a thing could be possible. I imagine the first step to arranging something like that would be getting an agreement between the Hellfire Club and the fairies - which shouldn't be too difficult, considering they don't have any major conflicts with each other.

There's quite the power vacuum at the moment.
>>
>>44252252
They never thought about reaching out to communities outside their own to stop the asshole demons stomping around?

Whats Odin up to?
>>
File: Odin.jpg (41 KB, 468x666) Image search: [Google]
Odin.jpg
41 KB, 468x666
>>44252340
>They never thought about reaching out to communities outside their own to stop the asshole demons stomping around?

By nature, they are quite paranoid. There's always the risk of opening your doors to someone who then betrays you. The fairies tend towards isolation - although that is changing - and the Hellfire Club sticks to a business relationship with the world.

>Whats Odin up to?

Oh, being spooky and harassing people!
>Hey kid, wanna buy some runes?
>>
>>44252411
>Oh, being spooky and harassing people!
Huh. I'm surprised the Norse pantheon isn't doing much in this power vacuum
Unless they have and you're keeping that close to your chest.
>>
File: 1450202537844.jpg (307 KB, 600x389) Image search: [Google]
1450202537844.jpg
307 KB, 600x389
>>44252491

Full disclosure, I'm really not sure what to do with the Norse gods. I'm not really sure what "niche" they could fill, other than just rampaging around doing whatever they feel like. I've not ruled out using them, in general, but I don't have any fully developed ideas either.

Although I am sorely tempted to use pic related, possibly as the butt of one of Loki's jokes
>>
>>44252552
Honestly when I heard the West fragment made a giant forest my first through that was some Norse guy trying to make his own personal slice of Valhalla.

As for Thor that would meet our criteria for little girl demons for Mia. Even if we have already broken it with Kin-ki and Shax.

Man being limited to 1 demon 6 slots for a whole week is brutal.
>>
>>44252601

Genuine spoiler: The West forest was made by a demon we've seen, very briefly, in the previous cycle.
In retrospect, the six demon limit has been pretty harsh. I thought it would be balanced out by rarely being alone, but it's not really a perfect solution - much like any solution Amelia has come up with!
>>
>>44252667
Did we fight it? Did it job?
>>
>>44252667
>I thought it would be balanced out by rarely being alone
I mean if definitely helps. We are having three demons out instead of the 2 Amelia did when she was alone (though until now Petra was always limited to Dullahan)

Also I swear the there is a conspiracy in the dice to make sure we only have 3 or less summoners at a time. We get Elliot, Leon goes down for the count. We are about to rescue Joseph, Petra is near dead. Yeesh.

>but it's not really a perfect solution - much like any solution Amelia has come up with!

Its why she needs back up and more perspectives other than her own up there. Humans work best when they are together.
>>
>>44252718

We never fought it, but I don't really think you could call it an ally either. That's all I'm prepared to say on the matter!

>>44252764

I have noticed that Petra seems to get a pretty raw deal with the dice. There always seems to be a stray 90 popping up when it's her turn to take a punch.
It's good though - suffering builds character!
>>
File: 1359318920794.jpg (111 KB, 500x580) Image search: [Google]
1359318920794.jpg
111 KB, 500x580
>>44252818
>It's good though - suffering builds character!
She's already suffered a lot though ;_;. I suppose this is going to be learning experience for Mia, nearly losing someone more or less under her command. Amelia never really dealt with that (though I guess her Father getting shot might count). The closest thing I can think of was Cass almost dying to Beelz's flies.
>>
>>44252873

I just imagine Petra's just sick of losing eyes by now!
>>
>>44252976
Eye'd imagine yeah.

Time to get her an eye patch. Again.
>>
>>44252976
Any plans to do a special thread for Christmas?
>>
File: Santatron.png (29 KB, 510x556) Image search: [Google]
Santatron.png
29 KB, 510x556
>>44253083
>Santatron brings YHVHs wrath to all the 'good' little sinners of the world.

But seriously its Christmas, I'd imagine most people would be busy. I might be able to follow on my phone but still not likely.
>>
>>44253040

No puns allowed!

>>44253083

I'd thought about that. I'm not sure how likely I would be to have time, and I'm really not sure what I'd do - some kind of silly joke thread? Either way, like >>44253125 says, I expected people to be busy. For the time being, then, it'll have to be a "no", sadly
>>
>>44253157
I miss Black Frost
>>
>>44253276
I wonder if he still an artifact or if he got released when the cycle changed.

You think God's old equipment has any value?
>>
>>44253302

He was released back into the wild, yes.

>>44253276

He called Amelia a ho - several times, in fact. Rude.
>>
>>44253324
I just figured that the "heat" of not 1, but THREE archangels would get his attention right quick.

but he calls everyone a ho - and you best LET him
>>
>hit up /tg/
>Ha! Ha! Time for SM/tg/!
>Groan because I have to work
>Get back from work
>Look through the episode
>Sweet Amelia, NO!

This is gonna be showing Enswith to Marie all over again, isn't it?
>>
>>44253369
What that?
>>
>>44253400
Background character quest. Anons went full retard, you don't want to know more.
>>
>>44253407
Well if you makes you feel better she is still alive if but barely. And you know the first thing that'll be said next thread is 'HEAL PETRA!'
>>
>>44253407
Eh, perhaps that was a bad analogy, seeing as the incident happened to bad decisions while Petra was just on the wrong end of a roll.
>>
>>44253484
So damn close too, just 2 off. If we could have I would have thrown Midnight at Raph to get a tiny modifier.
>>
>>44253484
Still probably going to lose sleep over this, though
>>
>>44253501
Yeah, I was really shocked by that.
>fuckfuckfuck 96 vs petra
>anon manages a 94
>"okay, good, that's a really near miss, probably a bruise from a glancing blow or somethi-"
>got her fucking eye torn out.
>again.

holy fuckballs I wasn't expecting that.
Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.