[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3.5 D&D Rogue/Scout/Shadow Dancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 8).gif (795 KB, 245x168) Image search: [Google]
8).gif
795 KB, 245x168
Making a Rogue/Scout and thinking of throwing a level of ShadowDancer in just for hide in plain sight. Any suggestions? Obviously taking the feat that let's you stack Rogue and Scout levels for that sweet sweet Sneak Attack/Sudden Attack Stack
>>
>>44244058
>3.5
>Scout
>Sudden attack
Wut? you mean skirmish, right?
>>
>>44244086
Whatever nerd
>>
>>44244240
They also don't stack in the sense you think they stack with swift ambusher, that feat only allows you to pick rogue feats that depend on sneak attack as you were a rogue of the required sneak attack damage, you don't end dealing 10d6 from sneak attack and 10d6 from skirmish.
>>
>>44244261
Could it be a formidable build though? Kind of swaying towards either monk/rogue or just straight up rogue with 1 lvl of shadow dancer
>>
>>44244301
Scout is a very meh class, their main problem is that they need to move to use their main feature (extra damage and extra AC), if you can grab feats like knowledge devotion or magic equipment that allows you to move and full attack at the same time, sure, go scout and pick swift ambusher, if you don't, go straight rogue, dip into monk for saves and evasion.

Think about one level in spirit lion totem barbarian for pounce.
>>
>>44244333
Seen the barbarian mentioned a few times. Thanks for the advice going to check it out.

With the monk dip, should I take Ascetic rogue or not really worth it?
>>
>>44244364
>Ascetic rogue
No, you don't want to go unarmed, is a shitty option in D&D, magic items cost like 3x times for unarmed and you almost never can add nice properties to them. If you go monk you only want the saves, evasion and the extra feat, nothing else, ignore unarmed damage and the monk's AC.
>>
>Rogue/Scout

Are you sure you weren't intending on Rogue/Swashbuckler?
>>
>>44244333
>knowledge devotion
Fuck, meant travel devotion, sorry.
>>
>>44244430
Woa yeah. Well I have 12 levels to mess around with for this game. I'm thinking:

>3 Swashbuckler
>2 Monk
>7 Rogue

Might ditch Swashbuckler or Monk for more Rogue. And is Shadow Dancer worth it at all?
>>
>>44244535
Why are you taking Monk? A 1 level dip in Shadowdancer isn't horrible, but the entry requirements are particularly abysmal.
>>
>>44244650
But i just love dancin
>>
>>44244650
And for monk, another poster said the 2 levels are good for saves, bonus feats and evasion
>>
>>44244708
You already get evasion as a rogue. Improved Grapple and Stunning Fist are entirely worthless if you're planning on using any weapons at all (you're a rogue for fucks sake, why are you grappling?) Getting Combat Reflexes for free is decent if you need it as a prerequisite for something, and Deflect Arrows is shit if you're dual-wielding. If you NEED the three good save bonuses take something useful like Favored Soul so that you get divine spellcasting.
>>
>>44244301
What level are you starting? Are you evil? Can you be an assassin?
>>
>>44244852
12, yes and yes
>>
Currently playing a scout...the fucking worse, the GM refused to tell us anything about the campaign and now I'm stuck in an Eberron campaign fighting the lord of blades cult and undeads, fuck this.
>>
>>44244890
Swashbuckler 5/assassin 7, get your feinting ability up, have a high intelligence because assassin uses it for spells and saves vs the death attack and swashbuckler adds their intelligence to their damage. At level 8 assassin you get hide in plain sight.
>>
>>44244961
See if your GM can get you Greater Demolition/Truedeath weapon augment crystals.
>>
>>44244977
Dangit i neeeeeeed hide in plain sight my man
>>
>>44244998
Dude. You're level 12. You can either a) buy a ring of invisibility or b) put invisibility/swift invisibility on your spell list. Hide in plain sight is not as amazing as it sounds
>>
>>44244058
Scout / Ranger / Tempest

Your DM will LOVE YOU
>>
>>44245079
Especially the Assassin/Shadowdancer variants of it, you have to be within 10 feet of a shadow.
>>
>>44245079
it's a deathmatch sort of game
he's (the dm) limited all sorts of magic. maybe i can get it but i want to get it without magics
>>
>>44245173
Deathmatch like, PC vs PC? Because then you probably need to completely rethink what you're doing.
>>
>>44245247
uh oh, like how?
>>
>>44245321
Like you're dead if you fight against any decently built caster, I don't even mean minmaxed, not even optimized, just decently built.
>>
>>44245383
no casters in this game
>>
>>44245173
He can't limit things from your spell list, right?

At level 7, you have access to 4th level assassin spells, many of which are unique to the assassin. Check some of them out.

Say you cast invisibility in this death match situation. You sit there untargettable for seven rounds, studying the Mage. On the final round you cast dimension door, teleport right next to him, and strait murder him
>>
Thank you all for the insightful advice /tg/
>>
>>44245383
Daes wut monks are for mange
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.