[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted Quest (Session 103)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15
File: Maka Character Sheet 1.jpg (471 KB, 1119x982) Image search: [Google]
Maka Character Sheet 1.jpg
471 KB, 1119x982
The Curl of the Sea is an elegant but relatively small ship, slightly smaller than even the frigate Rubel captained before, measuring barely twenty-five meters, and not thicker than six at its widest.
Still, it FEELS larger: there is a lot of walking space on the deck, which is unencumbered by the coils of rope and the complex rigging or the multiple masts of other ships: a single metal-and-wood mast holds a wide triangular sail, without any need for rope or knots.

Other than the mast, the stern castle, and the swivel mount for the prow cannon, the deck is clear save for the crewmen, most of whom don't seem particularly busy: the workload must be light for them.

"How many crewmen do you need to steer this ship?" You wonder at Rubel, as he shows you around the boat.

"...At bare minimum? After seeing how it handles, I'd say I could run this with five people if I'm desperate. Of course, that means no one to man the cannons, fix battle damage, do emergency maneuvers, or such."

"And to handle the ship at its best?"

"At best I'd need fifteen sailors, so we're about twice overstrength." He says, taking you inside the stern castle. You've already seen a bit of it: there's rooms for the officers - quite cramped, but it can't be helped - and bunks for the crew - even more cramped. Stairs go down to the hold.

"Where's the Warstrider?" For some reason Tia got fixated on that detail.

"There's a compartment in the hold, connected to the deck via trapdoor." Rubel seems clearly worried by Tia's interest. "But it's barely working, I was told. Princess Irene barely finished stripping it down and putting it back together. It's mostly for show. It can walk around slowly and that's more or less it."

Tia sulks a bit.
>>
File: Maka Character Sheet 2.jpg (556 KB, 1469x1250) Image search: [Google]
Maka Character Sheet 2.jpg
556 KB, 1469x1250
The tour brings you to the aforementioned cannon. Three crewmen stand by it, their brand new navy uniforms already heavily customized with bandannas and other loudly colored accessories in typical pirate fashion. No one bothers to salute Rubel, and he doesn't seem to mind it particularly, but they do get twitchy and nervous when they notice you and Tia following him, Unsure of how to react, they salute you clumsily.

The tour brings you to the aforementioned cannon. Three crewmen stand by it, their brand new navy uniforms already heavily customized with bandannas and other loudly colored accessories in typical pirate fashion. No one bothers to salute Rubel, and he doesn't seem to mind it particularly, but they do get twitchy and nervous when they notice you and Tia following him, Unsure of how to react, they salute you clumsily.

"We have only twelve shots?" You have to wonder.

"Two more crates are in the hold, and, well." He looks at you. "If we're in need, you or another Essence user could recharge them?"

Well, you never did that, but how hard can it be?

"Speaking of Essence, there's something you should see." He leads you back into the stern castle, and up to the top, a raised platform with a rather unusual-looking rudder wheel, black wood and silver with brass studs. One of his men is holding it straight, piloting the ship.

"The rudder?" You ask.

"Princess Irene explained us that someone with command of Essence could pilot the ship on his own, commanding it without need of a crew to handle it, and powering the paddlewheels to even drive the ship against wind and current." He notes.

"You need me to do it?"

"Well- no, not now, I'm just saying that these ships would be a lot more versatile and useful with a crewman with command of magic on board, as helmsman." He notes.
>>
File: Clothes.jpg (758 KB, 890x1500) Image search: [Google]
Clothes.jpg
758 KB, 890x1500
>I'll see what I can do.
>I'll see if we can add someone with Awakened Essence to your crew.
>There are ways to grant or gain Awakened Essence. (m+t)
>Well, for now Regis can help you handle the ship if there's an emergency and you need the powered paddlewheels.
>(Other?)
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>44243838
We do have Zaan working on a formula for that, which if he gets down by the time we get back I wanted to Enlighten the captains at least to give them a set of Ashigaru for themselves.

Nice to see you back EF, you gonna be okay for the holidays?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>44243838
>>There are ways to grant or gain Awakened Essence. (m+t)
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

A slow start today huh, I wonder if people are tired from watching Star Wars
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>44243838
Also
>Well, for now Regis can help you handle the ship if there's an emergency and you need the powered paddlewheels.
Because our little pirate should get to experience commanding and powering a ship on his own. Heck, let's bring him over to give it a whirl.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>44243989
>Because our little pirate should get to experience commanding and powering a ship on his own. Heck, let's bring him over to give it a whirl.
Not a bad idea, he could use some Eclipse dots. We should also see about getting a list of volunteers for Zaan's thing
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

Can't let those new Mental/Twilight dots go to waste
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>44244010
Trying to fill the dice pool bump
>>
>two successes
Glad to see those new dots didn't ruin Maka's baka character
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>44243838
Welcome back EF!
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>44243838
>>
"Well, for now Regis can help you handle the ship if there's an emergency and you need the powered paddlewheels." You suggest.

"Does the kid have any experience at sea?" Regis replies unconvinced.

"Give him a chance. He might impress you."

"...Well, for the time being, there isn't any emergency, and princess Irene has warned me against using the paddlewheels for normal navigation."

"It's dangerous?" You ask, suddenly concerned.

"Uh? Oh, no, it's not that, but apparently it puts some strain on the ship, such that it needs repairs afterwards. And, well, princess Irene tried to explain to us how to care for the ship's mechanics and magics, but I'm afraid most of it flew over our heads for the time being."

You can understand that. "Say, as for Awakened Essence, there are ways to achieve it." You continue the conversation.

"I can guess that, but I'm sketchy on the details. It always seemed like a bizarre thing to me."

[m+t = 7 1 1 3 7 3 2 = 2 successes]

"Well, other than the meditation regimen that allows people to unlock their own Essence without outside assistance, and other than the blessings from gods and the like, I know that there's an elixir that can help."

"An... elixir?"

"I myself don't know a lot of the details, but Zaan is researching the matter."

Rubel makes a face. "Mister Zaan never seemed... He doesn't have the air of a master alchemist. I didn't know he studied such things. But then again I guess he IS a sorceror and an Exalted, despite his appearance."

What will yo do after finishing the (quite short) full tour of the ship and getting familiar with its layout?

>Ask Rubel something (what?)
>Ask Tia something (what?)
>Ask Amata something (what?)
>Well, not much to do on a sea cruise like this. Just find a way to pass the time until your arrival in the Neck tomorrow.
>(Other?)

(Also pick a dress for your arrival)
>>
File: Elder Maka (Crown of Thunders).png (607 KB, 1000x1468) Image search: [Google]
Elder Maka (Crown of Thunders).png
607 KB, 1000x1468
>>44244179
>>Well, not much to do on a sea cruise like this. Just find a way to pass the time until your arrival in the Neck tomorrow.

And since the whole point of this is to appear as flashy and powerful as possible, I suggest this outfit, complete with the Crown of Thunders.
>>
>>44244179
>Well, not much to do on a sea cruise like this. Just find a way to pass the time until your arrival in the Neck tomorrow.

>>44244222
I'll second this, come out all glorious Princess of Creation
>>
>>44244179
Did we just pull that out of our ass? I hope there is an elixir, to be honest.

What's our itinerary? We should make time to speak to the local gods if that's not in there.

#17 seems the most regal.
>>44244222
Yes, with the Crown.
>>
>>44244179
>Ask Tia something (what?)
We should go over the an one last time

As for an outfit, I vote for >>44244222 crown and all.
>>
>>44244257
Those are all legitimate ways to Enlighten a mortal's essence and Zaan is working on a thing and we do know he's an Alchemist from that one time we went to visit him and Talon
>>
Oh come on. Maka could enlighten a mortal's essence just by fucking them.
>>
>>44244222
If we're going to come out all Crown of Thunders then maybe we could sneak in a Wise-Eyed attack right from the start to help counter act the whole "women are only for babies" thing
>>
>>44244306
We need to be careful how we use that, the ask.fm said that when we use it we don't get the essence we commit to it back until the social attack is complete, which depending on the size of the group we use it on can be quite awhile.
>>
>>44244378
It seems that it should be possible to cancel the attack in that case.
>>
>>44244378
The sooner we start the sooner we can get it back, plus if we're going to be showy about landing we can use it from our Peripheral essence without worrying about getting caught and save our Personal essence
>>
>>44244378
In that case rather than the whole island we can start off with just the city we're going to land on and work on the rest later
>>
File: Amata tai Tianna.jpg (141 KB, 849x1000) Image search: [Google]
Amata tai Tianna.jpg
141 KB, 849x1000
Thanking Rubel for the tour, you return to your room, where Amata has already gotten herself comfortable. She's quite redecorated it to fit the style of her rooms at home, which strikes you as a tad amusing given that you'll spend here in this room one day at most.

"Enjoyed the tour?" She smiles, as she helps Millian fold and store away the old blankets she replaced.

"Very. This ship is amazing. Technomagic at the height of the First Age must've been something terrifying, if this is not even half of what it used to be."

"More like one hundredth, from what I read." She mumbles. "There are no humans still alive since the highest point of the First Age, not even Exalted... except maybe the Old Man..." She mumbles the last words under her breath. "...but I've read accounts and talked at length with gods and spirits that were around at the time. The First Age was... amazing, but complicated."

"I thought you hated gods."

"I hate them because I've had to deal with them for way too long." She groans.

You sit on the edge of the bed. "So, what's the plan?"

"We'll be arriving in Amphiro by noon tomorrow. I've booked a palace on the outskirts of Solid Shell."

"That's the capital, right?" You mentally go through what you read about the Neck - or, rather, Okeanos, going by the name the locals prefer.

"Yes This is just a pleasure trip, not an official state visit, so I just forgot to mention that the two rich married couples who are arriving in town are also Exalted and the rulers of a country." Her lips curl in a smile. "Thanks to this I didn't have to deal with official channels and the interference of the Realm."

"They don't know who we are?"

"Well, by now they've surely put two and two together. But it's too late now, is it? " She enjoys this so much. "So we're just going to be normal tourists and stuff."

"Tourists with First Age ships and a warstrider." You wonder what sort of panic they're in now. "What happens next?"

(cont.)
>>
"Well, nothing special. We have the palace for one week. Once we're there, we'll see how they react and then decide, or, we seize the initiative. You remember to point out that you're friends with Father Ocean, that's going to impress a lot of people. We're probably going to meet him there, too."

"Should I bust out the Lesser Crown of Thunders right away?" You wonder.

"...Honestly,that's a tough question." She admits. "I have no idea if it could land us into trouble. The only negative effect that I can think of is... it would make the Realm pay a lot of attention to us. It means we're not a small Threshold nation overrun by Anathema anymore, but a serious contender with a legitimate claim to the rule of Creation. On the other side, you can bet they'll be a lot more cautious around us." She lays down on the bed and stretches. "Honestly, no idea. Too many variables. You take the lead here."

>Talk about something else (what?)
>Timeskip to your arrival
>(Other?)
>>
>>44244649
>>Timeskip to your arrival
>>
>>44244649
Well let's hold off on the LCoT for now then, we can provoke the Realm after we've taken over the West or at least Okeanos and Skullstone, publicly at least, we can show off the the Chieftain and to Ocean Father

Still wouldn't hurt to pop WECM though
>>
>>44244649
Appearing regal and all doesn't sound like a good start now.
>>
>>44244704
>>44244730
Wimps, I say we go for it.
>>
>>44244730
We can still totally do that, just for the Realm there's a difference between "this Anathema is conquering the West" and "this Anathema totally has grounds for taking over the world"

If anything I think the Realm would focus on Bull of the North first since he's been around longer
>>
>>44244649
And I'm all for popping the LCoT. We're already gonna be getting attention as an Anathema who is trying to expand it's borders into territory The Realm has claimed, might as well send it with a warning.
>>
>>44244800
On the upside it'll get word out to the other Solars that might decide to join up with us
>>
>>44244649

Outfit 2. Tabard should be the default for meeting new people and semi official functions.
>>
>>44244825
>Outfit 2. Tabard should be the default for meeting new people and semi official functions.
I disagree, this >>44244222 is the outfit that came with the lesser Crown of Thunders, so if we're going out in our Full Solar Glory I fell like it's what we should be wearing.
>>
>>44244819
That's definitely an upside I hadn't thought of.
>>
>>44244649
I'd rather use something more subtle for now, like #03
>>
>>44244866
It didn't "come with" the crown, that's just the outfit that either exaltedfag requested to be drawn with it, or the person who drew it decided to draw it that way.

Also even if it DID come with it, what difference would that make? I don't see an argument.
>>
>>44244884
Other Solars, gods, spirits, just allies that want to join up with us.

I'm still on the fence about it though, I kinda want to wait for us to get a solid power base before announcing ourselves to the world, train up our army, repair and build all the First Age tech we got, attend Summer Camp.

Actually I really don't want to go to Summer Camp if we're going to be provoking the Realm right before we leave
>>
I cant even play in the quest since I know nothing of Exalted, but I absolutely adore how plump, soft and erotic looking Maka is at
>>44243828
Hopefully she gets laid a lot.
>>
Since there's some discussion going on, it might be useful to vote for the this. Just so I know how to properly play Maka between votes or as general behavior.

>Keep a low profile. Well, "low" as far as someone renting a mansion and coming in with an army of guards and servants can be. Don't pull out the Crown unless needed, don't use Charms with visible effects, don't be TOO OBVIOUSLY an Anathema.
>Be open and upfront, without being aggressive. Don't show the Crown until a good opportunity. Same for obvious Charms.
>You're there to win them over, so you should act like it. Put on the Crown, and try to stand out and make an impression.
>Crown, Anima Flare and Phantom-Conjuring Performance at full power. Go all-out and you'll have the entire archipelago in your pocket.
>>
>>44244972
She does, do not worry.

>>44244987
>Crown, Anima Flare and Phantom-Conjuring Performance at full power. Go all-out and you'll have the entire archipelago in your pocket.
>>
>>44244987

>Be open and upfront, without being aggressive. Don't show the Crown until a good opportunity. Same for obvious Charms.
>>
>>44244987
>>You're there to win them over, so you should act like it. Put on the Crown, and try to stand out and make an impression.
>>
>>44244987
>>Be open and upfront, without being aggressive. Don't show the Crown until a good opportunity. Same for obvious Charms.
>>
>>44244987
>>
>>44244987
All I can think of it EF's advice on his ask.fm not to take the Realm lightly.
>>
>>44244987

>>
>>44244987
>Be Lewd
>>
>>44245074
You don't need to vote for that, it happens naturally as breathing for Maka.
Her breathing is especially lewd.
>>
>>44244987
>You're there to win them over, so you should act like it. Put on the Crown, and try to stand out and make an impression.
>>
>>44245091
Immigration shoots up everytime Maka sighs
>>
>>44244987
>>You're there to win them over, so you should act like it. Put on the Crown, and try to stand out and make an impression.
Even if this doesn't win, I'm in favor of popping Wise-Eyed with our Peripheral at the start to hit the capital
>>
>>44244987
>>
>>44244987
>>
>>44245004
>She does, do not worry.
someone list her conquests
>>
>>44245145
4chan has a character limit
>>
>>44245156
pastebin is invented
>>
>>44245145
Here's the updated character pastebin from a few threads ago that has all the main characters and their banged status
http://pastebin.com/f6ii8kLH
>>
>>44244987
>>Be open and upfront, without being aggressive. Don't show the Crown until a good opportunity. Same for obvious Charms.
>>
>>44244987
>>
>>44244987
>>
>>44244987
>>
>>44244987
>>
>>44244987
>>Crown, Anima Flare and Phantom-Conjuring Performance at full power. Go all-out and you'll have the entire archipelago in your pocket.
>>
Considering your situation, you decide that once there you'll do your best to not cause a panic or anything like that. If you act disruptively, after all, you'll only be giving ammunition to the Realm and your enemies.

As such, you will keep your Crown and your more obvious powers in reserve, when needed.

Though you admit that you have to hold back the inner desire to go on a rampage...

You spend the rest of the cruise reading up on the Neck and its people, relaxing, and killing time waiting for your arrival.

(cont.)
>>
>When the Scarlet Empress ascended her throne and sent her Dragon-Blooded agents to turn the Threshold states into tribute-paying satrapies, she referred to the isles of the West as “that serpentine archipelago that will become a leviathan if left to its own devices.”
I mean... she certainly wasn't wrong.
>>
>>44245556
Especially once we retake Gem and use its coffers to fund our development
>>
Are we going to Solid Shell, or somewhere else in the Neck?
>>
It's a beautiful, clear, sunny day when you finally arrive in Amphiro. The island, shining white, gold and emerald in the midday light, seems smaller than Tianna, but is only the first of a vast archipelago, much larger than the handful of barren islands surrounding Amata's homeland, all within sight thanks to the terse air.

The city's beauty surprises you as the ship pulls into its port: Built out of a mismatched kitbash of white marble, clay brick, coral and bright wood, the garish colors are striking yet marvelous. The streets and arcades and plazas are covered by vaulted archs, and you think that that's what gibes the city, Solid Shell, its name: it does look like a beautiful, colorful shell on the beach, halfway between the land and the sea.

The rest of the island seems well developed, you notice: well-tended forests, crop fields, fishing villages all over the shore. As the ship finally docks, you find the port side of town filled with onlookers, going from the curious to the astonished. There seem to be... guards, soldiers or something, you imagine, who are trying to keep order. They do not have any recognizable outfit or uniform, but they are all clad in some kind of wood or leather armor and carrying weapons of varied constructions. You idly notice one of them glaring at your unnatural-looking ships bristling with men and then quietly shaking his head to himself.

"Time for the show." Amata smiles. Tia seems content to stay silent and next to you, probably having little idea of how to act without embarrassing you or herself.

"Any face you recognize?" You eye the crowd.

"I don't think anyone important would be caught dead in this mess. These are just common people, and can be excused. But if the Realm knew that a local big shot was here to look at your arrival, maybe to greet you or something? He might not stay big for long."

(cont.)
>>
>Let's wait until the novelty has worn off and these people have left before going to the mansion.
>Let's wade through the crowd without making a scene.
>Let's put up a bit of a show and impress these people. (s+z)
>Draw the crowd's attention and address them (say what?) (s+z)
>Let's wait and see if someone shows up to talk with us eventually.
>You head to the mansion, I think I'll head out right away to (do sighseeing/see the Chieftan/check up on the Immaculates/other?)
>(Other?)
>>
>>44245638
>You head to the mansion, I think I'll head out right away to see the Chieftain
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>44245638
>>Let's put up a bit of a show and impress these people. (s+z)
Charms, pop Heart-Compelling Method
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>44245638

We didn't exalt to be meek. Put on a show.

I am sure they will love it
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>44245638
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>44245638
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>44245638
Seconding HCM
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>44245638
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>44245638
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>44245638
>>Let's wade through the crowd without making a scene.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>44245638
Do we have any other charms besides HCM to use?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>44245638
Maka doesn't know how to not show off

>>44245699
Horizon to Horizon will activate on it's own, but nothing else we need to actively use
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>44245652
>pop Heart-Compelling Method
Second
>>
>SATRAP SESUS CHIDO
>Almost two years ago, House elder Sesus Chenow left the Neck to pursue his desire to die in mortal combat. Satrap Sesus Chido, freed from the shadow of his grandfather, has proven incompetent. That he is un-Exalted is evidence of the scant import the Empress assigned the Neck. The fact that he is also a drunken wastrel who failed to keep the peaceful satrapy’s tribute flowing has drawn the predatory attention of Houses Peleps and Nellens.
Pfff, rad.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>all these dice
We aren't even done yet

Jesus Christ
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>44245767
Sounds like someone we can toss out or bribe away.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>44245638
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>44245777
I wonder how many successes you would need to get someone off just by talking to them. That seems like something that might happen when dealing with Maka when she goes all out.
>>
>>44245777
Something impressive to think about is that Karas probably has this many combat dice, I mean he does if he's bought up Phys 5
>>
[HEART-COMPELLING METHOD]

[s+z=7 8 10 4 1 4 8 1 7 7 3 6 10 1 10 = 11 successes]

You let out just enough Essence to give you a slight aura and put on a confident smile as you step forth on the gangplank, first in line, and gallantly take Amata's hand and make a show of helping her down, immediately establishing you as the couple in question, the one that all these people are here to see and probably gossip on.

There's a collective gasp from the crowd as they see the first motes of Essence glowing about you, and everyone instinctively pulls back (though you guess that some people not yet stuck in the crowd actually leave the scene entirely...).

Of course, Amata doesn't NEED your help to walk down the ship, but seems to enjoy very much the gesture and showmanship that goes with it and plays the part of the demure maiden.

Then, you head back up and do the same for Tia. (Followed by a puzzled murmuring in the crowd.)

Of course Tia doesn't get what you're doing, and stares at your hand for an inappropriately long amount of time before responding.

"...What?" She whispers.

"I'll help you down." You smile back at her, gently grabbing her hand and dragging her down the gangplank.

After about two steps, Tia slips out of your fingers, then just grabs you and lifts you up in a princess carry and walks down the gangplank with you in her arms, putting you back down on the pier.

"And that's payback." She whispers.

Now the crowd is mostly stunned and confused, and parts to let you through, but Regis and Millian are struggling to keep a straight face.

(cont.)
>>
>>44245904
>[s+z=7 8 10 4 1 4 8 1 7 7 3 6 10 1 10 = 11 successes]
Shouldn't it be twelve with the free success from HCM?
>>
You make your way, followed by your guards and servants and baggage, through the beautiful covered arcades of the city, and everywhere you go conversations and traffic stops and people run out of their houses and into the street, or slam their windows open, to see what's going on.

The crowd follows you across the city, without getting in your way, and bit by bit they start breaking silence, murmuring among themselves. You can only imagine what their topic of conversation might be.

As the servants in clean, neat uniforms, the soldiers in polished armor, and so on keep pouring out of the three marvelous ships you entered port in, the mumbling only increases. Several of these people follow you nearly up to your mansion's garden, actually.

You DEFINITELY made an impression.

As your baggage is being carried in and unpacked inside the mansion's entrance hall, Amata relaxes. "That was well-acted." She congratulates you.

Tia still seems to not know exactly what's going on, and is just along for the ride.

The mansion in question is nothing compared to old Tianna Castle, but is well-furnished, a two-story-tall wood-and-stone villa on the town's outskirts, with a pretty nice garden fenced in by a tall and thick hedge. A gate keeps the curious out, and you spot Erman Steelshard posting guards in front of it already as he sends other on details. Just because you don't need a bodyguard corps it doesn't mean he's not going to give you one.

>Go and check what the people who have followed you and are still at the gate want exactly
>For now, let's rest for a bit here, make ourselves at home, and keep them wondering.
>We should bring the Warstrider here, too. (who drives?)
>As soon as we're settled up, let's go and do some sightseeing in town.
>I should arrange a meeting with the Chieftan.
>I should go and see the tribal leaders.
>I should go and have a few words with the local gods.
>I should pay a visit to the Immaculates.
>I should pay a visit to the Realm Satrap.
>(Other).
>>
>>44245984
You're absolutely right, sorry.
(Not that it makes a lot of difference right now.)
>>
>>44246104
>Go and check what the people who have followed you and are still at the gate want exactly
Also, which outfit did we end up wearing?
>>
>>44246146
#26.
>>
>>44246104
>>For now, let's rest for a bit here, make ourselves at home, and keep them wondering.
>>
>>44246104
>>For now, let's rest for a bit here, make ourselves at home, and keep them wondering.
Let them spread rumor on their own, any thing they come up with will be more outlandish than anything we could tell them.

>>44246117
Yeah don't worry about it, I was just making sure. We've had IPS for so long it's easy to forget about it.
>>
>>44246104

We are on holiday. Lets see the sights!
>>
>>44246104
>I should arrange a meeting with the Chieftan.
>>
>>44246104
>I should go and have a few words with the local gods.
>>
>>44246104
>>
>>44246104
>>
>hey guys, let's make a huge essence fire while walking through town and make sure that absolutely everyone sees us
>but DON'T show them our crown :^)

I- I don't understand...
>>
>>44246312
Buy mental.
>>
>>
>>44246104

>>44246312
Everyone already knew we were a Solar Exalted, but no one knows we're Princess of Creation
>>
>>44246348
Yes, but one of those hurts us, while the other helps us.
>>
>>44246104
Do people still think Amata is a DragonBlood?

Like I know our Circle knows, but what about everyone else?
>>
>>44246377
Only your circle knows that she's something else.
>>
>>44246455
>>44246377
The silver prince knows too, I think. Not sure about the abyssals, but I think not.
>>
>>44246369
Doesn't purely help us, having that be public knowledge paints a huge target on our back that would have the Realm sending armies against us.

This way we can still pop it when we talk to say, Ocean Father or the Tribe Chieftains and keep it relatively secret
>>
>>44246504
I don't think it would be a difference. The peasant mortals wouldn't even know what they were looking at except instinctively. Meanwhile if the fact that we have it ever gets out it's going to be via important figures like that.
>>
File: Tia.jpg (129 KB, 850x1275) Image search: [Google]
Tia.jpg
129 KB, 850x1275
As your servants bring in your and Amata's things and do a bit of redecorating, you pick up the slack on the training of the Steelshard mercenaries, which you've neglected a bit lately (mostly because they were spread on three boats).

As the sun sets, you're surprised to see some people still camped outside your gate, eyed suspiciously by your guards. They don't seem to be causing trouble, and are probably just curious onlookers.You suspect that if anyone had some genuine business for you, they'd have showed up already.

And, as night falls, sure as the fact that the sun will rise tomorrow, Tia preys on you.

Quite literally, as, while you're still in the living room having some inconsequential chatter with Millian about dinner, the Lunar just grabs you and drags you to your room, slamming you on the bed rather unceremoniously.

"You didn't forget, right?" She mumbles, expressionless.

"My, are you bored, Tia?" You tease her a bit.

She mounts on the bed, on top of you, pinning you down to the mattress. "I hope you didn't forget."

>Didn't forget what?
>Of course I didn't forget!
>Ugh, now's not the time, Tia.
>>
>>44246639
>Didn't forget what?
Oh whatever are you talking about husband?

I totally did forget
>>
>>44246639
>>Of course I didn't forget!
>>
>>44246639
>>Didn't forget what?
>>
>>44246639
10 days of fun
DF style?
>>
>>44246639
Oh dear
>>
File: more_tourist_info.png (278 KB, 558x618) Image search: [Google]
more_tourist_info.png
278 KB, 558x618
We gotta stop by Abalone at one point.
That is where all the amazon priestesses are.
>>
>>44246639
>>Of course I didn't forget!
>>
Huh, now that I think about it, are our kids going to be Solar half-castes now that we're totally higher essence than Tia or does it only matter at the time of conception?
>>
>>44246639
>>
>>44243828
>No one bothers to salute Rubel, and he doesn't seem to mind it particularly, but they do get twitchy and nervous when they notice you and Tia following him, Unsure of how to react, they salute you clumsily.
Kind of late, but you accidentally repeated a line here and maybe left out something else, 12 crates of what?
>>
(brief AFK)
>>
>>44246793
I doubt it, for 1 thing it would mean no bug kids ever, our next batch will be sun kids.
>>
>>44246941
Sad, but probably not a legitimate reason for it not to happen
>>
>>44246793

It's not a binary state. The children of two Essence-using parents (Exalted, Gods, etc) have a mix of characteristics from each parent, weighted by relative Essence score.

Magical Genetics!
>>
"Good."

And then she smiles... weirdly. It's not her usual predatory grin, showing off her rows of perfectly white teeth (not always HUMAN teeth). It's a very calculated grin. A very... a very human one.

"Ten days, wasn't it?" She slams her hands on your shoulders to keep you from squirming out of her grasp.

"Was it?" You glance aside.

"Ten days, those were the term of the bet."

"But it was supposed to be a week originally..." You point out.

"I changed the terms. Pray that I don't change them any more."

You roll your eyes. "Alright, you got me. So, I'm your slave for ten days, dubject to your every whim. So, what is your bidding, my mistress?"

She sits up.

"No sex for ten days for you." She proclaims.

>Is this some sort of payback? Alright, fine then!
>Wait, what? I wasn't expecting that.
>Try and talk her out of this.
>PANIC
>(Other?)
>>
>>44247173
>>PANIC
Like at all?

Period?

No one?

Even Amata?
>>
>>44247152
I thought that solar just has blanket precedence above everything else, as long as the solar in question is of essence 4 or greater.
>>
>>44247173
>>PANIC

Que?
>>
>>44247173
WHAT
>>
>>44247173
>(Other?)
>Define 'sex'.

Time to put those four mental dots to good use!
>>
>>44247173
>PANIC
Tia what are you doing
>>
>>44247173

>>
>>44247173
>PANIC
>>
>>44247173
>>
>>44247173
TIA NO
YOU WILL CRUSH THE MAKA
>>
>>44247173
>PANIC
>>
>>44247173
But what about the brown girl harem! how are we going to diplomance them!
Holy shit, seduction was our trump card in winning the Neck over.
>>
>>44247196
And Lintha get access to solar charms. The designers did a bunch of dumb things regarding subexalted essence users because it was easeir than actually building subsystems.
>>
>>44247307
Well we can still do this without going into sex, it just makes Maka the biggest tease ever.
>>
File: cry about it.jpg (48 KB, 427x231) Image search: [Google]
cry about it.jpg
48 KB, 427x231
>>44247173
>PANIC
>PANIC
>>
>>44247308
>some random guy judged X as dumb, therefore X isn't canon anymore
>>
>>44247307
I mean we can still do this, using seduciton doesn't have to lead to sex, like think of every scene from fiction that involves a woman flirting with someone without going to sex
>>
>>44247173
I'm looking forward to the limit break that this will inevitably force.
>>
>>44247173
>PANIC INTERNALLY
>>
>>44247173
>PANIC
>>
>>44247173
>>Try and talk her out of this.
>>PANIC INTERNALLY
>>
>>44247356
Hey, I like half castes. But you have to admit that the Solar trumps thing, in addition to being wrong (it goes highest essence score, with tier rankings breaking ties), is simply because trying to stat every single possible combination of supernatural beings would be a pointless exercise in futility, so making clear dividing lines allows for good seperation.
>>
>>44247434
You could say the same about all of the exalted castes and other divisions.

It's not true. A lot of the fluff is based on there being clearly divided types of beings. It wouldn't be even close to the same if everything was muddied up.

Half-castes are reflections of a caste, not a generic soup of depowered exalted traits. I mean, it's in their name.
>>
You smile patiently. "You can't be serious."

She keeps smiling.

"What the hell". You slam your hands on the bed and flail around angrily. "This isn't what we agreed on! Why now? Why are you doing this?"

She keeps smiling.

"Come on, Tia. Please. I was looking forward to this honeymoon so much. Just... listen to me, please."

She keeps smiling.

"...Why is it. Don't you love me anymore? Did I do something? Is it my fault?" You wimper.

And yet, she keeps smiling.

"...You're just fucking with me, right?"

"Absolutely" She nods. "Your reaction was hilarious."

"Well damn it. You got me good." You groan.

"Don't expect to get one minute of sleep or free time in the next ten days." She growls, diving in.

(cont.)
>>
File: 1375258507695.gif (341 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1375258507695.gif
341 KB, 480x360
>>44247536
>>
>>44247536
God damn it Tia.

You scared me.
>>
>>44247514
>Half-castes are reflections of a caste
Actually, their parent's caste has literally no impact on them, just their splat.
>>
>>44247536
Holy shit, Tia. Never do that again. Ever.
>>
>>44247536
I shudder to think what would happen if someone actually did try to keep Maka from having sex.
If that reaction was anything to go by, it probably wouldn't be pretty.
>>
>>44247590
There is a mutation that lets them use their anima banner actually.
>>
>>44247590
>actually no, just yes

ok
>>
>>44247614
The parent's caste - Zenith, Eclipse, Full Moon, etc - has literally no impact on them. Just their splat - Solar, Lunar, etc.
>>
>>44247614
>>44247590
In this Quest, I'm running Half-Castes and God-Blooded as bearing a watered-down mix of the traits of their parents.

If you want to argue about how it works in canon, take it to the Exalted General.

If you want to argue about how it works in the Quest, take it to my ask.fm or twitter.
>>
The next day, Millian has to almost literally wrestle you out of Tia's clutches for breakfast.

It takes a while (and a helping of Millian's amazing fish soup) to calm the Lunar down and get her to leave you some space. Even Amata is impressed.

"So, other than that trick you played on her, all you're really asking is a sex marathon?" She idly wonders, flipping through one of the many books she brought with her while lounging about in the living room. "I would've been a lot more... creative."

"Remind me never to make bets with you." You groan, sitting down next to her. Tia is still stuck to you, arms around her neck, nuzzling.

"Who said I have nothing else planned?" The Lunar responds to Amata's comment with a tone that chills your spine."

"...What are you talking about?" You turn around to face her.

She just smiles and says nothing.

"Are you taking mysteriousness lessons from Amata?" You turn to the Sidereal. "Amata, are you teaching her things?"

"She's learning from the best." Is her clearly amused answer.

"Come on, girls. I thought we were here to relax and have fun as well. Don't keep me on edge like this." You sigh and make your best attempt at looking bullied and sad and pitiable.

"Keeping Maka on the edge is the best." Tia nods to herself.

The banter is suddenly interrupted by ruckus coming from outside, from out of the mansion's hedge and gates. You can't clearly see what's going on from the living room's window, but you hear screams, shouts and clamoring.

Amata gives you a concerned look. Tia didn't seem to care or react outwardly, but you're used enough to her powers by now to recognize her musculature shifting under her skin, as if to bring her body to a higher state of readiness.

>If it's something that concerns us, the guards will come and call us.
>Go and take a peek from a window that faces the gate
>Walk down to the garden and up to the gate and see what's going on for yourself.
>(Other?)
>>
>>44247841
>>Go and take a peek from a window that faces the gate
>>
>>44247841
>>
>>44247841
Best wives/husbandos
>>
>>44247841
>Walk down to the garden and up to the gate and see what's going on for yourself.
>>
>>44247841
We'll deal with it if it's important, but other wise leave it to the guards
>>
>>44247841
>>Go and take a peek from a window that faces the gate
>>
>>44247841
>"Are you taking mysteriousness lessons from Amata?" You turn to the Sidereal. "Amata, are you teaching her things?"
Yeah well, so did we!

Probably, Amata might have just made Maka black out a bunch and not taught her anything
>>
>>44247937
We married such bullies.
>>
>>44247841

Be obvious, we have the backup for it.
>>
You head to the closest window and keep through the curtains.

There's the usual group of people camped near your gate... you hadn't noticed before, but they're organized. They brought tents, even.

Just as you're looking, one of the tent collapses, and you pinpoint the source of the argument: there's a group of individuals in grey robes that are beating up the campers (you're not sure how to call them. "fans"? "stalkers"?), doing their best to break up and disperse them. You hear a lot of talking, screaming and arguing, but can't quite make out the words from here.

The grey-robed individuals, who definitely seem to bear the marking of mortal students of the Immaculate Order, seem to be led, or at least overseen, by two individuals you can barely see in the crowd: One because of her stature - she must be as tall as you or taller, and a good head above anyone in the crowd, wearing an armor in dark, dirty colors. The other because of the colors: pale, blonde and wearing a red dress, she stands out a lot in a crowd of people with darker skin and hair and duller clothes.

Even if you didn't spot, flashing in the crowd, the tell-tale flash of metallic jade, you'd be ready to bet that these two woman are Terrestrial Exalted.

>Shout from the window "What seems to be the problem?"
>Shout from the window "Hey! Cut it out! I haven't had one wink of sleep last night!"
>As long as they don't break into the garden, it's not your problem.
>Keep watching.
>Head outside and face them.
>(Other?)
>>
>>44247841
>>
>>44248153
>>
>>44248153
>>Head outside and face them.
Hey hey hey, no beating up the mortals.

I wonder if there are any Dojos here that teach TMA's the Neck seems like the kind of place we could find someone to teach Regis Seafaring Hero Style
>>
>>44248153
>>Shout from the window "Hey! Cut it out! I haven't had one wink of sleep last night!"
>>
>>44248153
>>
>>44248153

Who dares attack our future worshipers!
>>
>>44248153
>>
>>44248153
>>
>>44248153
>>
>>44248153
>>
>>44248153
>>Shout from the window "Hey! Cut it out! I haven't had one wink of sleep last night!"

these durn kids with their jelly beans and roller blades and "rock" music.
>>
Sorry guys, a thing came up in RL. I have to leave and dunno when I'll be back.
>>
File: 1447540571922.jpg (93 KB, 584x749) Image search: [Google]
1447540571922.jpg
93 KB, 584x749
>>44248476
We'll keep this up just in case then.
>>
>>44248153
>>
>>44248153
>>
>>44248153
>>
>>44248153
>>
>>44248153
>you'd be ready to bet that these two woman are Terrestrial Exalted.

Even more lesbians to add to the harem.

>>
>>44249468
Okay, 1, please stop samefagging, this alternating vote nonsense is annoying.
2 what do you expect that to even accomplish besides making us look like a self absorbed asshole to potential worshipers and random bystanders?
>>
>>44249574
What?
This is the first vote I've gotten in since I arrived in the thread. You've got the wrong guy.
>>
>>44248476
bump
>>
We can probably let it die, it's already past time the quest is normally over and it's not like EF has lots of time to run.
>>
>>44250090
calm down anon, /tg/ is nowhere close to that fast
>>
About 2 hrs and i'll be back.
>>
>>44250413
Well alright.

You gonna be okay to run then?
>>
File: 78c.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
78c.gif
4 MB, 480x270
>>44250413
The ride never ends!
>>
>>44248153
>campers (you're not sure how to call them. "fans"? "stalkers"?)
I guess that's what twelve successes does
>>
>>44250640
Being one of (if not the most) beautiful people in creation doesn't hurt.
>>
>>44250670
Well, up there at least
>>
Heading back home, will be there soon.
>>
>>44252343
Ganbatte EF
>>
>>44252343
EF confirmed hunted by Lintha, don't let them get you!
>>
>>44246789

Oh my.

Sounds like Maka would like to see them. Probably do more
>>
>>44253153

Does Maka qualify as an amazone?
>>
I'm back. Sorry for the wait, and thanks for your patience. Getting back to business in a second.
>>
>>44253206
>tall
>brown
>curvy
>strong
>spoiled city princess
Minus points for the last one, but still a high score
>>
>>44253153
I doubt it, they sound Physical focused, which means their Social is probably shit. Most mortals don't have the ability to diversify their stats like exalts can.
>>
>>44253294
That just means they're brown muscle girls, who doesn't love brown muscle girls.

That human sacrifice is totally going to stop though.
>>
>>44253452
Your appearance is determined by your social stat, all this means is they are unattractive brown muscle girls that look more like men than women.
>>
File: Immaculate 1.jpg (289 KB, 662x1064) Image search: [Google]
Immaculate 1.jpg
289 KB, 662x1064
As you storm off towards the mansion's entrance, Amata and Tia catch sight of you.

"Don't get in a fight."Amata warns you, concerned about your public image.

"Need some help bashing heads?" Asks Tia, not sharing her concern.

You wave them off reassuringly and stride into the garden. Erman has clearly gathered a few extra soldiers near the gate to contain the problem in case anything went wrong (smart move), bit clearly ordered his men to not do anything rash and not walk out of the gate or the garden perimeter for no reason (even smarter move).

Being a good commander isn't just about battlefield tactics, after all.

As you appear near the gate, the clamor increases, with some of the people pushing to get closer and others shoving her back and rebuking them with harsh words.

"You idiots! Morons! Heretics, even! Get out of here, for your own good damnit! Your souls are at stake!"

The blonde one shoves particularly hard, clearing the neighborhood of the gate and erupting into an aura of flames(that do not burn or sing her clothes) to keep the meddlers into getting any closer. Drawing from behind her back two oversized curved swords, their edge shining with the crimson sheen of red jade, she stand on the other side of the gate, between you and them, her guard raised and her eyes full of defiance. "Back! Back, you monster! Villain! Evildoer! Pervert! I won't let you prey on this stupid, yet innocent people!"

>Um... hello?
>Actually I just came down here to check what all the ruckus was about.
>Uh, I'm not a monster or a villain or an evildoer.
>Are you trying to pick a fight with me?
>(Other?)
>>
>>44253452
>That human sacrifice is totally going to stop though.

We will have to do something about shark goddess, too.

Sharkgirls are hot, though
>>
>>44253581
>>Actually I just came down here to check what all the ruckus was about.
>>
>>44253523

https://ask.fm/Exaltedfag/answers/121216538454
>>
>>44253581
>>Uh, I'm not a monster or a villain or an evildoer.
We are a pervert, but that's not important right now
>>
>>44253581
Oh carp, EF's still going. Glad I decided to check in.

>>
>>44253581
Oh man she's super cute.

We can and should tell the crowd to disperse though, they're putting our men on edge and probably have things they need to be doing.
>>
>>44253581
>"Friendly piece of advice, you generally don't convince people by beating the crap out of them. That only works if you have some sort of evil mind control magic sword like the Silver prince did... Er, you don't have that do you?"
>>
>>44253581

>What make you think I am?

>I'm sorry, let's start from the start. Hello! I'm Maka, who are you?
>>
>>44253581
>Um... hello?
>>
>>44253581
You are interrupting breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and interrupting it is quite rude.
>>
>>44253652

She is indeed cute.
>>
>>44253678

We should invit her to breakfast. Poor girl must be hungry
>>
>>44253581
I'll second telling our new fan club to disperse, we'll be here sightseeing all week, no need to stick around here, plus it'll throw her off her game which would be cute.
>>
>>44253581
Pervert on the other hand....
>>
>>44253734

Sure, let's tell them to disperse. But be really nice about it, kind of "thank you for coming, but there is no performance today"
>>
>>44253581
>"You idiots! Morons! Heretics, even! Get out of here, for your own good damnit! Your souls are at stake!"
>"Back! Back, you monster! Villain! Evildoer! Pervert! I won't let you prey on this stupid, yet innocent people!"
So she's a good girl at heart
>>
>>44253786
Yeah totally, be super nice and sweet

>>44253790
Just a little bit dumb
>>
>>44253814

Hard to say if she's dumb. She sounds a bit like Rainbow Starfall when she's in MG mode
>>
>>44253790
>>44253814
I blame the Sidereals.
>>
>>44253866

... you know, I now want to have a place with a constant rainbow starfall scenery.

Maybe Silk can do it in her place?
>>
>>44253870
Dumb Sidereals, they get all the cute, easily duped Dragonblooded minoins.
>>
>>44253581
>>Um... hello?
>>
>>44253866
She sounds kinda tsun tsun to me
>>
>>44253727

>Queen Maka, what will you have for breakfast
>[Angry Terrestrial Noise]
>This Dragon-Blooded blonde. No need to bother, I'll be back with her in a sec
>>
>>44253941

>Having Maka eat jam on you and use your fire power to make toasts
>>
>>44253941
No need to be rude, they can both come in.
>>
>>44253581
>>Um... hello?
Nice to meat you to.
>>
>>44253581
>>
>>44254021
>Nice to meat you to.

Haha, because we'll be playing with her useless meat soon enough.
>>
Who else is imagining Millian whacking Tia with a wooden spoon to get her off Maka?
>>
>>44254060
Ha, I didn't even notice that.
>>
"Actually I just came down here to check what all the ruckus was about." You smile at the Dragon-Blooded, trying to keep things polite.

"LIAR!" She hisses, staring you down with glowing eyes, the kind of threatening stare you can imagine her using to force mortal antagonists (like, say, the ones around you) to back out. And you have to admit, it's a pretty damn firey and convincing stare.
It won't faze you, thought, and the fact seems to upset her. "Leave the peaceful people of the Neck alone! This place is under the Realm's blessed protection, and we will allow no harm to come to its citizens! Return to your wretched home."

You turn around and stare at the mansion for a few seconds.

"This IS my home."

"What?"

"We booked it for a month. For my honeymoon. I just got married, you know."

"Oh, congratulations."

"Thank you."

"ANYWAY!" She bellows, trying the glare again. "You are not the welcome here, Anathema!"

"...Yeah, I can see that." You mumble. "Look, I'm not a bad person, okay? I might not be a saint, but calling me villain, monster and evildoer is just rude."

Her aura blazes even brighter as her anger rises. She's clearly struggling to contain her emotions.

The comparatively thin metallic gate between the two of you is a powerful psychological barrier. It's obvious that these Immaculates aren't prepared for a fight, and didn't come here to pick one. If they had, they probably wouldn't have bothered to announce their presence so loudly.

They're probably just the local parishioners, and considering how poorly the Neck is regarded by Realm authorities you'd imagine this is the place where they send undesirables and troublemakers.

Still, this firey-tempered woman is clearly considering kicking the gate in to teach you a lesson in person, and barely holding back.

(cont.)
>>
>Invite them inside for breakfast. (s+z)
>Persuade them that you're not here to start any trouble. (s+z)
>Persuade them that you're not an evil mosnter devouring the souls of the innocent. (s+z)
>Cast doubts on the Realm's local rule (s+e)
>Ask the mob to disperse. (s+z)
>Open the gate and walk out.
>Order the mercenaries to open the gate and disperse the crowd.
>Challenge the Immaculate. (p+d)
>Distract the immaculate, then sucker-punch her. (s+d)
>(Other?)
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>44254149
Then;
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>44254149
>>Invite them inside for breakfast. (s+z)
its a d10 right?
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>44254149
Talk to the heart, be sure to use our personal essence.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>44254119
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>44254119
>>Invite them inside for breakfast. (s+z)
>>Persuade them that you're not here to start any trouble. (s+z)
>>Ask the mob to disperse. (s+z)
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>44254149
And then after she's calmed down we'll invite her in
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>44254165
This
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>44254181
NEEDS MORE DICE
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>44254149
Pretty please?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.