[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How To Handle Character Death?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
If you're not go full old school roll 3d6 down the line. How do handle character death in your games? Especially just inserting 'bill's lost twin brother will' doesn't feel right for the story.

I was think of having a sliver age super hero game where in a player's each get a low level kid sidekick to take over in the event their man super hero dies.

After at least 3 sessions of playing say Fallout boy they can decided to either bring the old hero back or continue with the hopeful now developed replacement character.
>>
The last pathfinder game I played, we were all members of a mercenary group and the GM had us roll up 3 characters a piece. The "missions" we were hired to do were usually done in teams of 3 since there were three of us, but the band itself was much larger, so if one of our characters died (or we simply wanted a change of pace) we could switch to another, or even make up and add characters mid-game.

Loot and Exp was gained among all characters equally, under the assumption the ones we wern't using at the time were off doing their own missions.
>>
>>44242392
I make a new character.
The GM can deal with it.
>>
>>44242392
>I was think of having a sliver age super hero game where in a player's each get a low level kid sidekick to take over in the event their man super hero dies.
>
>After at least 3 sessions of playing say Fallout boy they can decided to either bring the old hero back or continue with the hopeful now developed replacement character.

Doing it right. I'd happily play in a game like this. You on Roll20?
>>
>>44242518
Oh i'm glad you like the idea.

Not on roll20 at moment sorry, still just formulating ideas. If you're on /tg/ a lot i've posted when i'm ready after Christmas. Or if you're willing to give contact details i'll message you.
>>
>>44242392
>the demotivator cuts off another character reading scroll of resurrection

Demotivators were shit for a long time, but this one is actually impressive in its failure.
>>
>>44242600
yeah dude I'll put up a temp email if you can send me a contact there, I don't want to use any of my real emails here.

[email protected]
>>
>>44242821
>[email protected]
Cool, I've just sent an Hi. You Russian?
>>
>>44243380
Nah comrade, that was just the first temp email site I found. Thanks for the contact, I'll be in touch.
>>
>>44243380
Incidentally, where in the world/what time zone are you in?
>>
>>44242392
They're just numbers, roll another, caring about something that might have the life span of a fly is stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 384x384
>>44243476
Australian. Which does gonna put me at odds with the mostly North American/European Time zone on tg. Kind of why I asked.

West Coast America roughly equals out 24 behind but.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.