[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: LeLaughingPF.png (408 KB, 700x846) Image search: [Google]
LeLaughingPF.png
408 KB, 700x846
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Milani leads a terrorist organization Edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will ask (probably about DSP).

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous thread: >>44220155
>>
1st for Chin Chin
>>
The Cult of the Dawnflower is a religion of piece.
>>
Why is that asmodeus worshipping country best?
>>
>>44228633
I want to marry a Mr. Bubbles.
>>
File: Reign of Winter.png (11 KB, 513x401) Image search: [Google]
Reign of Winter.png
11 KB, 513x401
>>
>>44228657

That's a funny way to say "why is Land of the Linnorm Kings best?"
>>
>>44228653
How would you put the Dark Lord into Golarian lore, if you had to?
>>
File: 1368071738287.png (580 KB, 1005x768) Image search: [Google]
1368071738287.png
580 KB, 1005x768
>>44228673
No.

I'm not nearly bad enough.
>>
Yea...the whole ISIS thing in the thread was a huge red hearing. CG cult overthrowing evil empire? what does that have to do with ISIS?
>>
>>44228702
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t6uz?My-players-have-become-a-cult-of-Milani

There you go.
>>
>>44228702
I know right?
ISIS is neutral good
>>
>>44228702

You know what would've been even better? If the connection between Milani and the French Revolution was made.
>>
>>44228633
Is that a new 2hu?
>>
File: 1447463516890.png (474 KB, 719x765) Image search: [Google]
1447463516890.png
474 KB, 719x765
>>44228673
>>
>>44228714
>>44228723
>muh headcannon where the cg OCdoughnutsteel god somehow approves of war crimes
>>
>>44228723
>CG "Les Mis" waifu revolution becomes "The Terror"
Gimme them sweet tears, JJ & Crystal.
>>
reposting from previous thread:
>quick PFG, i need random encounters for a winter setting, preferably CR 3-7, and (maybe) with the possibility of nonviolent resolution.

thanks to the few who've responded already.
>>
>>44228753
>>44228753
>Implying Milani isn't CG in the same way that Iomedae is LG.

Everyone knows these fuckers are Neutral.

Simply because Paizo forgot that, doesn't mean they're good.
>>
>>44228753

You don't HAVE to worship Milani, anon.

In fact, Milani shouldn't even factor int -

Holy shit

Guys, I just realized why Paizo added in Milani.

Paizo added in Milani because they wanted a canon way to determine what is or is not a "righteous" overthrow of a government. It is quite literally their way of saying "nu uh, you can't overthrow this kingdom because MILANI does not approve!" Make an evil kingdom? Sorry boys, but Milani is going to move in and ruin it, only canon!
>>
>Jubilex
>Undersump connects to a great many, if not all, abyssal reas
>has been characterized in some editions of DnD as being the smartest and most cunning of all the demon lords, not just playing the long hame, but the longest game
>considered incompetent
>not even other demon lords like entering Undersump
>am ooze, which have a number of resistances

Is he stronger then he seems?
>>
>>44228784
>inb4 Milanian cleric begins CE revolution against church of Milani
>Milani must support because Revolution
>Replaces Milani
>>
>>44228778
Iomedae there is evidence for though. She's from an evil nation and has neutral values, many of her aspects tend closer to law than good and shes done various not very good things in the past.

None of that exists with Milani, what exactly is it specifically you use as evidence for it?
>>
>>44228784
EXACTLY! That's the really petty thing about Hell's Rebels - they're set up to be a Rebel Alliance fighting against that meany Evil Empire, but nuh uh they're different from the insurgencies on the news because they have a goddess on their side and their opponents are literally pawns of the devil.

As opposed to, you know. Those fuckers in the middle east spreading the good word and fighting against The Great Satan of the west.
>>
>>44228774
A man is violently killed in the snow, and the only tracks around his body are his own. He has a bag of salt on his person.
He was hunting a Wikkawak, which was the cause of a string of murders in his village, but it got the best of him. The party needs to figure this out and stop the Wikkawak before it can kill again.
>>
>>44228778
source or bullshit

Iomeda has one section of one book where a hack writer fucked up. Nothing else of her cannon suggests she is the "lawfull good because I say so" is the actual version of her.
>>
>>44228800

No, that's the thing, Milani does NOT have to support the revolution because the revolution is not "righteous."

She is the final authority on WHO you rebel against, WHY you rebel against them, and HOW you run the rebellion.
>>
>>44228825
>Iomeda has one section of one book where a hack writer fucked up.

Was the hack writer a newbie?

Oh god, what if that happens again for Hell's Vengeance.
>>
>>44228813
One of these practices slavery, mass rape, torture, etc.
The other probably doesn't. I guess that means they might as well be the same thing?

>>44228831
>muh cannon CONSPIRACY
good god quit grasping at straws.
>>
>>44228800
She's technically the goddess of "those who fight against opression or unjust rule". She supports revolutions to make things better, not ones to make things worse.
>>
>>44228845
yea. the whole module was terribly written.
>>
>>44228847
I suppose you don't have any ranks in Perform (Propaganda) do you?
>>
>>44228692
The "force of destruction" wasn't Ahriman.
It was Chin Chin, and Ahriman is one of his spawn.
>>
File: 1449169384892.jpg (390 KB, 1422x1390) Image search: [Google]
1449169384892.jpg
390 KB, 1422x1390
>>44228813
Maybe if a sexy ISIS fighter started seducing and humiliating American officers they would be more in-line with Milani. Except that can't happen, because that would involve a woman doing something. Or a man, but that would be homosexual. Maybe they just need more fight.
>>
>>44228845
>Hack writer
Except the original as written by the writer wasn't actually bad. The trumpets did low amounts of nonlethal damage as more of a demonstration that merely being in the presence of a deity was dangerous even when they didn't want to hurt you. It was one of the lead editors that modified it to be tons of lethal damage.
>>
>>44228850
>She supports revolutions to make things better, not ones to make things worse.

Revolutions generally make things worse, "Bottom-up" Revolutions (aka, revolutions started from the common people) are one of the least effective and most destructive government changes out there.

If Paizo did their research, they would've made the PCs nobility, fighting in the courts and streets for reform.
>>
>>44228737
Can't be, it's a dude.
>>
>>44228850

Does that mean she abandons her followers once they succeed?
>>
>>44228847
The point is, because "oh hey we KNOW they're a goddess, and oh look they're Good aligned" what they're doing, who they're killing, is all fine. It's an arbitrary way to bake justifation that the rebellion as a fluffy, feel-good band of liberators into the AP rather than letting it stand on its own, or really letting the players determine how 'good' they are.
>>
>>44228816
noted.
>>
>>44228899
They are one of the most effective in enacting radical change and whilst their initial effects are often devestating the majority of countries that have been involved in them have seen massive increases in standard of living, human rights and industrial capacity only made possible by the removal of the existing power structure.
>>44228908
Not necessarily, just that she provides less aid I assume. Does Gorum stop granting spells to people during peacetime if they've fought many glorious battles for him?
>>
>>44228942
or you know...it isn't arbitrary, because the "rebels" aren't torturing or raping or murdering random people. If they were, the goddes would tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>44228899
>the least effective
lolno
>most destructive
true, but sometimes you need to amputate the limb.
>made the PCs nobility, fighting in the courts and streets for reform.
boring, and often would result in not much real change actually happening.
>>
Can someone tell me why Lunar mystery is considered tier 1? I checked the features and all they get are extra natural attacks, an animal companion at full progression which would make them like a druid less the varied choices for companions and the long lasting, spell-able polymorph.

It cant possibly be just because the they can make their casting stat scale as their AC/Reflex saves.
>>
>>44228987
no idea desu
>>
>>44228942
The methods of the rebellion are up to the players to decide, so the morality issue of how the rebellion goes about isn't really present.

The only moral issue is the conduct of the existing authorities, which is in many ways horrendous. Unlike most of Cheliax, Kintargo does not see the value in the Diabolism political ideology or the real cost in mortal souls and suffering it is directly linked to. Whilst for mainland Cheliax the cost is viewed as acceptable for the security and strength it provides, its clear the people of Kintargo don't share those views.
>>
>>44228987
>all they get are extra natural attacks,
Which means they need to spend less spells on getting ways to deal damage.
>an animal companion at full progression which would make them like a druid less the varied choices for companions
Do you... really not see how this is fantastic? A full progression animal companion is basically a better fighter you directly control.
>and the long lasting, spell-able polymorph.
Y'know what? I'm gtting fucking rused.
>>
>>44228987
The new tier list just says Lunar is a "major upgrade."
>>
>>44228952
I assume Gorum would look down on his warrior followers promoting peace and non-violence.
>>
>>44229089
But they aren't promoting peace necessarily, for instance lets examine the idea of a warrior who fights many battles in a great war, but then his side WINS the war and as he is older and wounded, focuses on training new soldiers and warriors instead. Do you think Gorum would abandon him?
>>
>>44229115
Of course not, he is still doing Gorum's good work, but I call attention back to what I quoted,

Her followers only know revolution, what are they going to do when they finally succeed? Go revolt somewhere else? What happens to the places they've liberated?
>>
>>44229140
In the same direction, lets look at a Milani cleric. They fight in a revolution chanelling positive energy and liberating people from enchantments or whatever the fuck, then the revolution is victorious and they establish a new government. Surely they would need to safeguard the revolution against counterrevolution (not every revolution that kills the king or whatever stops his loyalists from taking back the country afterwards) and protect the freedom they have created. They can also use their resources to sponsor or help revolutions in other areas or once they've recovered their strength they could be involved in a more traditional war to liberate others.

Milani isn't just the goddess of revolutions, she's primarily the god of fighting tyranny. There are other ways to fight tyranny than revolution, its just her favourite. A milanite who preached the virtues of revolution, denounced those who would try to oppress others and did other shit to prevent tyranny rising again or to help others build the skills to aid in foreign battles for freedom would still be well within milani's main portfolio.
>>
>>44229140
exactly what happens when america 'frees' a place. they move on to the next place and leave the country to be taken over by rebels in it's weakened state, so they can go back and finish them off--i mean establish full control themselves, since they obviously cant handle it alone.
>>
>>44229140
she is a lesser god. She expects you to worship someone else when you no longer need her.
>>
>>44229140
>>44229190
Also her Portfolio isn't revolution, its actually Hope, Devotion and Uprisings. So you could still follow Milani by instilling hope and devotion to causes, like the church of Milani. Convert now and get a free morningstar!
>>44229192
America's modern policy isn't exactly people fighting tyranny, its tyrants enforcing their will on other countries for political gain and/or resources. Though yeah, i think the more CN elements of Milani's church could end up after a few years doing similar things for different motivations. One problem with Revolutions is everyone agrees at the time that violence is necessary to achieve whatever goal, so violent people are made a part of that. But people who were violent before the revolution and joined it just for the violence don't stop being violent afterwards and run the risk of being the guys who get in charge and fuck up everything.
>>
Update on the Milani ISIS thread, all posts apart from the OP post have been deleted.
>>
>>44229375
What the actual fuck are they doing?

Why don't they just delete my thread and get it over with?
>>
Reminder that James Jacobs hatrs LG because of idiot paladin players.
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9gds/discuss&page=2?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-103-The-Hellfire-Compact#69
>>
File: Volga_DLC_01_-_HW.png (294 KB, 870x870) Image search: [Google]
Volga_DLC_01_-_HW.png
294 KB, 870x870
Need help building Volga for an anything goes one shot. Any ideas? I was trying for reach cleric with the domain that grants a breath weapon. I'm just not sure how to shapechange to a dragon or summon any.

All 1pp pathfinder and Dreamscarred allowed
>>
>>44229411
are there some actual midevil-like laws that could be used as a reference by a LG player while out adventuring? things like captured people being given a trial if convenient, or executed if not?
>>
>>44229411
I feel like that's the reason most stupid stuff the designers put out exists. Because they had that one guy who did something stupid or broken and just wrote off the whole damned class/race/whatever in a kneejerk reaction instead of looking for what the actual issue was.
>>
>>44229393
It still says that there's two pages of posts, too. It's fucking hilarious!
>>
File: 058_max.jpg (127 KB, 850x1000) Image search: [Google]
058_max.jpg
127 KB, 850x1000
Tell me about your current character, /pfg/.

My halfling warpriest decided to follow the city's trend and open a Perfume Shoppe. Quickly she decided to have a staple fragrance to define her trade, so now she's off hunting a "legendary" giant butterfly that roams the woods sorrounding the city, so that she may use its... essence to develop an unique aroma. It won't end good.
>>
>>44229393
Probably because while the thread isn't really of issue, outside being a story about players, you can see from this thread how people clearly jumped to gaslight Milani as a concept.
>>
>>44229393
>forum moderators
>competent
>intelligent
Pick 1

>>44229436
>game design
>founded in math
>founded in play-testing
>>
>>44229442
Those are some nice stockings.
>>
>>44229411
My DM called me edgy when i said the same thing the other day. He was telling me i shouldn't play evil because those characters don't play well with groups, but i pointed out LG can do the exact same stuff by refusing to do various activities the party thinks is necessary or by trying to do things the party dislikes. The same is really true for every alignment. A chaotic good rogue's crimes might not jive with what the party wants, a neutral good cleric might want to spend time protecting the innocent when the party wants revenge, a lawful neutral character might refuse to work with a known murderer the party is trying to get information from or any other number of situations.

Evil doesn't mean ignoring the rest of the party, being an asshole does. Every alignment can be an asshole sometimes.
>>
>>44229420
To be honest I would probably do Volga as a Draconic Bloodrager into Dragon Disciple.
Maybe find some way to get Piercing Thunder maneuvers into that.
>>
>>44229468
>game design
>founded in math
>founded in play-testing

Are you disagreeing with me or not? I can't tell.
>>
>>44229546
forgot the "pick 1" part
>>
>>44229546
>>44229554
further, I was implying that most decisions in game design are knee-jerk bullshit with very little to support it.
>>
>>44229554
I don't think you need to pick one. You can use math and playtesting together. I don't think paizo actually uses either of those as demonstrated by their class "playtests" where they ignored both math and playtesting done by fans in equal measure.

>>44229565
So you were agreeing with me. OK, thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>44229534
The real difference is that LG still implies Good, which means you are beholden to respect others as a matter of course, even if you must respectfully disagree.
Evil does not come prepackaged with an inherent ideal of respect for others regardless of how you feel towards them, vice versa, or whether you think they deserve that respect.
Evil has less built in safeguards to prevent being an asshole, and has some ways of promoting it, revolving around personal gain at the forefront.
>>
>>44229591
pazio's early work was bullsht, but their new classes I kinda like. Most of the hybrid classes are actually really well built.
>>
What would you want to see as a playable race?
>>
>>44229607
The ACG was a mess of a release and the playtest was just as bad. I hate the term "hybrid classes" too since it's little more than a bs marketing gimmick.

All that aside, I like most of the classes that came out of it although they still need help to actually work to their full potential.
>>
>>44229608
leshies
>>
>>44229393
>

Removed responses, locking, and adjusted thread title. After a review of the responses that cropped up in response to this original post, we do not feel like this is a line of conversation that is appropriate for our forums. Bringing sensitive real-world, real-time political discussions into gameplay related threads more often than not results in heated discussion that divides our community (resulting in personal attacks, hurt feelings, unnecessary tension, et cetera), and takes the conversation away from the gameplay aspects being discussed. We're not happy to see how quickly posters were eager to put each other down and bait one another. To be clear: this isn't a matter of someone preferring a darker game than others, but a violation of the spirit of the community we want to foster.

Saw this coming.
>>
>>44229646
>The ACG was a mess of a release and the playtest was just as bad. I hate the term "hybrid classes" too since it's little more than a bs marketing gimmick.
>All that aside, I like most of the classes that came out of it although they still need help to actually work to their full potential.
I know the editing was bad, but the actual abilities of the classes seems really cool. Which of those classes need help to work?

>>44229651
me too, and it seems reasonable.
>>
>>44229604
There is nothing inherently "good" about respecting other people's opinions. Respect for life and rights perhaps, but that only makes it somewhat less likely you will try to kill someone for having different beliefs, as murder in the name of ideology or religion is entirely compatible with good in pathfinder.
>>
>>44229695
Not here in real life, no, there's nothing inherently good about respecting other people's opinions. But Golarion has that alignment system that means things can be inherently good or evil, and measurably so. Respecting the opinions and rights of others in an inherently good act in Golarion. Or at least, the devs seem to imply it would be.
>>
So, where would I go to upload a fucking huge jpg of the buttdevastation from the Milani thread?
>>
>>44229740
No, respecting the rights of others is good in golarion, but not at all respecting their opinions. Tolerating evil is actually a neutral act in pathfinder, tolerance and acceptance of other ideas is not even a little bit good. Its why Paladins cant stay with people that offend their moral code and one of the main components of being neutral for the average citizen.
>>
>alignment argument
good god why?
>>
>>44229806
Alignment arguments aren't good, they're chaotic.
>>
>>44229740
see
>>44229695
In 3.pf, that is part and parcel to "Good" aligned actions.
And you are the one who added "opinions".
I said
>you are beholden to respect others as a matter of course, even if you must respectfully disagree.
This means you accept you are not at liberty to take to violence or combative means against them unless they are a threat to you or to others.
It does not mean you need to LIKE them, but you accept that is how they feel, even if you disagree with them.
>>44229806
Because it makes you shitpost and proves you are a lesser human being.
>>
>>44229806
>shitposting
Fuck off or start a new topic, subhuman.

>>44229777
Is that how Paizo justifies its censoring and refusal to allow free speech?
>>
>>44229836
>Is that how Paizo justifies its censoring and refusal to allow free speech?
lolwut? Seriously what are you referring too?
>>
Post Elsbeth, because this thread can still be saved.
>>
>>44229852
Read the thread, lad.
>>
>>44229852
Hes probably referring to the way the forums are run. But i don't think they try to justify it, its just a marketing thing about the image the forum projects.
>>
>>44229864
We are talking about what is appropriate to the setting of Golarion, not real life, you shitposting mongrel.
>>
>>44229883
>being this illiterate
Read the thread, lad.
>>
>>44229836
>someone won't let me use their forums hosted on their servers to say what I want to!
you don't know what censorship is at all do you?
>>
>>44229775
IDk, but please do it.
>>
>>44229900
see
>>44229534
>>44229604
>>44229695
>>44229740
>>44229777
>>44229824
All of whom are insetting alignment discussion about the acts that define alignments.
If by read the thread, you mean the OP that means nothing, the stupid ISIS bait thread, neither matter.
>>
>>44229936
Holy shit mate how are you this blind? Do you seriously not understand what I mean? Please tell me you're baiting me.
>>
How would I create MC Ride?
>>
>>44229664
Investigator (despite being a class I really like) has a real struggle with combat until level 4.

Warpriest (another fun class) has issues with lacking skill points and having subpar class features centered around its weapons.

Bloodrager has wording issues, bad action economy until level 11 and a poor spell list for being the Buff +Smash Gish like it presents itself.

Swashbuckler is worse at being a dex-based flashy fighter than an actual fighter, and Charmed Life is straight worse than Divine Grace for no reason.

Brawler doesn't do significantly better damage than anyone else and lacks comparable native attack boosts that other pure martials usually get, on top of the rules for unarmed strikes being just generally shitty.

Hunter is alright, but it feels really generic.
>>
With 3.5, pf and 3pp allowed should I go for an unseen seer build or a sneak-attack unarmed build? I'm currently playing an arcanist, and most of the other players aren't very good optimizers.
>>
>>44229930
Got it covered, it's on imgur.
http://imgur.com/a/xZUE5
>>
>>44229998
Thanks buddy.
>>
File: nani.png (8 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
nani.png
8 KB, 500x300
I have a question about attacks of opportunity. I know moving OUT of a threatened range without some sort of precaution incurs one, but do you also incur an attack of opportunity for moving within the threatened area without taking precautions? Pic related.

>>44229985
To add onto this, the warpriest really felt like a pointless hybrid since a fighter+cleric already existed, it's called the cleric. Shaman also feels pretty pointless.
>>
>>44229998
You can just edit "a cult of Milani" into "ISIS" in Inspect Element if it matters, but like he said, thanks for uploading, should be good times.
>>
>>44229998
Why's it so blurry?
>>
>>44230029
Yes, moving from the dot to the ? would provoke, not because you're moving into a threatened square, but because you're moving out of one (the dot)
>>
>>44230029
You provoke an AoO whenever you leave a threatened square, even if you are entering another threatened square.
>>
>>44230045
Good to know, I wasn't 100% clear on that since it's something that has never come up, but I plan on playing a zweihander sentinel where this situation will come up a lot.
>>
>>44230029
The warpriest's ability to buff himself as a swift action is actually really good and something the base cleric doesn't get. It's the divine weapons/armor that are my main issue. Their effects scale too slowly and aren't usually worth it in my experience, and a lot of the Blessings are subpar. I don't know why the Warpriest couldn't just get domains, same for inquisitor (esp. including spells).
>>
>>44230032
Your monitor needs glasses.
>>
>>44230069
I'm on a phone
>>
>>44230032
Ugh, it looks like imgur resized them for some reason. The raw file for page 1 was about 50 MB at full quality, so I had to downscale it.
>>
>>44229998
>uploading a thumbnail
>>
>>44230085
Any way you could try splitting it up and turning it into a gallery instead?
>>
File: Chivalry.jpg (75 KB, 525x695) Image search: [Google]
Chivalry.jpg
75 KB, 525x695
>>44229432

As near as I can tell, adhering to this if reasonably practical is about all you have to do to be chivalrous. Paladins tend to have their codes spelled out by god, but if you're the paladin of the ideal of good, you should work out your own.
>>
File: 1435775956716.gif (349 KB, 194x194) Image search: [Google]
1435775956716.gif
349 KB, 194x194
>>44229998
>>44230021
>>44230032
>>44230086

Okay, scratch that, new plan. Mediafire

Page 1: https://www.mediafire.com/?a2k6sm45fewgnk4

Page 2: https://www.mediafire.com/?dognefkxlwg276p
>>
>>44230117
Also an option, I'm just not sure exactly what size I can use and have the images not shrunk to fuck while not having to make 50 of the things.
>>
>>44229985

Yeah, the Investigator is one of those classes that's awesome if you're starting around level 4, 5, or 6, but has an even more miserable time in rusty dagger shanktown than most since even level 3's not that great for it.

Swashbuckler is some very bungled design. I reluctantly concede that if it got Divine Grace it would be too good as a dip class, but I will defend to the death there is no fucking reason for it to have a weak fort save when both of its parent classes have strong fort saves, and I think Charmed Life should have functioned like the Mesmerist's Towering Ego.
>>
How does Flatfooted work?

If im aware of my opponent and combat starts but he rolls higher initiative than me am i flatfooted?

Does the flatfooted status only apply on Surprise rounds?

According to the manual, no matter who is aware of who, if theres no surprise round, when combat starts EVERYONE is flatfooted untiil they have acted, so higher initiatives will be able to hit more often and hit more Sneak Attacks.

But my DM says that its not that simple because if you are aware of your opponent and know that he is going to turn around the corner and combat starts and you roll a low initiative and the enemy goes first, you shouldnt be getting Flatfooted because you are prepared for the encounter.

Can you enlighten me on which would be the best approach for the Flatfooted status on the beginning of combat.
>>
>>44229545
I'm looking into that. Looks pretty solid. Thanks!
>>
>>44230150
I currently play an Paladin/hellknight using this as code:
>1) Act only in accordance with that maxim through which you can at the same time will that it become a universal law
>2) So act as if the maxim of your action were to become through your will a universal law of nature
>3) Act so that you use humanity, as much in your own person as in the person of every other, always at the same time as end and never merely as means
>4) Act in accordance with maxims of a universally legislative member for a merely possible realm of ends
>>
>>44230207
Considering Divine Grace was available as a feat for about 6 months, I can't really bring myself to care that much.
>>
>>44229608
>you will never play a Kappa
>you will never play a Star Child (think "Tiefling/Aasimar/Skinwalker, but for aliens)
>>
File: kappa.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
kappa.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
>>44230353
>>
>>44230297

To be fair, either that or the Arcanist was EASILY the stupidest part of the pre-errata ACG.
>>
>>44230225
Everyone is flat footed when combat starts. Period. This represents the fact that even if you know a fight's coming, people are springing into action all at once and the faster people come out ahead. It's a crucial aspect of how rogues work, as well.
>>
File: Mil1-1.jpg (957 KB, 1761x8843) Image search: [Google]
Mil1-1.jpg
957 KB, 1761x8843
>>44229998
>>44230171
>>44230117
Alright, so I've fixed it up and this time it's all as a gallery without ant quality this time.

http://imgur.com/9zoYmvl
>>
>>44230353
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/rite-publishing/kappa
>>
>>44230396
And yet the less broken option is the one that got the biggest nerf. Not that I disagree with you, I'm just a little bit bitter.
>>
>>44229856

Don't you mean a discussion on boobs? Because those tend to become very civil.
>>
File: 1448402287649.png (335 KB, 576x808) Image search: [Google]
1448402287649.png
335 KB, 576x808
>>44230529
Someone said fat elf tits?
>>
File: RAEG.jpg (107 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
RAEG.jpg
107 KB, 300x444
>>44230505

You had to remind me of that, didn't you?

STEADFAST PERSONALITY DID NOTHING WRONG.
>>
>>44230545
Fat half-elf tits*

Alternatively, FAT AEON TITS. Although we've already had a giant boob discussion courtesy of monsteranon. We need to discuss asses now. What bestiary monster/NPC has the best ass?
>>
>>44230501
Well, I'll be.

I ask for giant blood, and Rite has it. I ask for gorgons/Medusae, and Rite has it. I ask for kappas, and Rite has it.

Are these guys psychic?
>>
>>44230559
No, they did that ahead of time. They're clearly prescient.
>>
File: 1441312631766.gif (4 MB, 375x346) Image search: [Google]
1441312631766.gif
4 MB, 375x346
>>44230545
BIG FAT ELF TATS
>>
>>44230545
What are the pros and cons of perky boobs vs. fat tits and why are both inferior to the glorious DAT ASS that we never see from Elsbeth?
>>
File: Justicar-abadar.jpg (167 KB, 742x1000) Image search: [Google]
Justicar-abadar.jpg
167 KB, 742x1000
>>44230556
Paladans of Abadar
>>
>>44230581
HALF-ELF*

Also, has Dorian finished his commissions yet? Curious if he ever got around to drawing nude anatomical studies of Elsbeth and whether or not they were lewd.

>>44230604
That doesn't show nearly enough ass and she's half-stick insect with those freakish long legs. 1/10 at best.
>>
File: 1377546797342.jpg (12 KB, 251x206) Image search: [Google]
1377546797342.jpg
12 KB, 251x206
>>44230587

Perky boobs tend to look cuter, but fat tits fill out clothes better.

Ultimately I'd argue the gold standard is huge, perky tits, but the only character that has those in Pathfinder is Arueshalae, who has the complete package (great butt, wide hips, fantastic thighs, etc.)
>>
>>44229647
yes fucking please.
>>
>>44230618
I thought her figure varied with the artist? And isn't she a shapeshifter anyway, so she can look like whatever she wants?
>>
File: Arueshalae Praying.png (1 MB, 1152x686) Image search: [Google]
Arueshalae Praying.png
1 MB, 1152x686
>>44230556
>We need to discuss asses now. What bestiary monster/NPC has the best ass?

Pic related.

>>44230628

She can only assume one humanoid form, I think.

But yeah, her figure depends on the artist.
>>
>>44230556
>What bestiary monster/NPC has the best ass?

Greta, easily.

The ass is a muscle, and Greta has 18 STR and 18 CON, while the 14 CHA just means it's got the right amount of fat to look good.

Plus she's a winter wolf, they're expected to mount their mates, which means a good ass is very important.
>>
>>44230707
>mental stat being related to appearance
>especially amount of fat
What the fuck?
>>
>>44230427
Thats just for Surprise rounds, or ANY BATTLE?

Thats the confusing part, does the Flatfooted apply on the Surprise round ? or at the start of every single battle?
>>
File: AbadarPaladin.jpg (33 KB, 740x957) Image search: [Google]
AbadarPaladin.jpg
33 KB, 740x957
>>44230614

Heretic
>>
>>44230728
Man, whoever draws these can't get his proportions straight.
>>
>>44230745
I heard some crazy conspiracy that paizo actually uses multiple different artists and that's why they have so many different styles and proportions.
>>
>>44230722

Charisma has always been closely associated with physical appearance, whether that means "this guy is imposing" or "that girl is very pretty."

I think JJ himself commented on Charisma's association with beauty.
>>
File: Chelish waifus best waifus.png (809 KB, 631x952) Image search: [Google]
Chelish waifus best waifus.png
809 KB, 631x952
I have said it before and I will say it again
>>
File: 1442368790808.jpg (108 KB, 723x976) Image search: [Google]
1442368790808.jpg
108 KB, 723x976
>>44230765

I want to know who's doing the more recent work because it's honestly fantastic.

I want to see Ameiko done up in the "modern" style, same with Shalelu.
>>
>>44230765
Those two specific pictures look like they're from the same guy, lad. Try looking before you try wit. Especially since you don't have any.
>>
>>44230728

>You will never open her First Vault
>>
>>44230803
Good.
>>
>>44230767
I've always thought of charisma less on your body itself and more how you own it.

I mean, you can be short and out of shape and still be a hit with the ladies if you're not a beta about it.
>>
>>44230791
The characters portrayed clearly aren't the same person, the inking is different in each picture and so is the color saturation and line thickness. They might be the same person, but unless you've got those same pictures but with signatures on them to verify the artist's identity all you're doing is guessing same as me.
>>
File: Demon - Succubus (Mythic).png (2 MB, 1870x2365) Image search: [Google]
Demon - Succubus (Mythic).png
2 MB, 1870x2365
Mythic Succubutt.
I wish the image quality on this PDF was better. BTW, I fucked up on uploading the huge bestiary, so it might take a little while longer before I can post it here. Not to mention, I discovered the Mythic Monster Manual, and my autism won't allow me to post the project without it's inclusion. Sorry.
>>
>>44230857

HIGH TEST
>>
>>44230857
>those hips
unf
>>
>>44230857
The stick-insect legs curse strikes again.
>>
>>44230857
>Dark Mistress
>dat save DC

Looks like I'd better start playing WIS-based classes with good Will save progression.
>>
>>44230940
>>
>>44230857
>tfw can't make a succubus fall in love with you
>can't have a succubus waifu
>tfw
>>
>>44230989
You could have an actual chance if you weren't the kind of betafag to post >tfw, you know.
>>
>>44230989

>Im sure your personality is just fine
>>
>>44230989

Anon, there's a succubus waifu in Wrath of the Righteous.

Like, a full-on "I want hand-holding and cute little kisses" type of waifu.
>>
>>44230857
I think I recognize that artist.
>>
>>44230940
>>44230745
>>44230614

Has Paizo *ever* drawn a character with solid thighs, or good proportions in general?
>>
>>44231022
>implying I have personality
>implying I'm not a first-level Commoner with 7's, 8's, and 9's in all stats
>implying the Wizard's Familiar isn't a better romance candidate than I am
>implying I will ever be anything more than my character sheet

How naive.
>>
File: 1431960555096.png (367 KB, 428x535) Image search: [Google]
1431960555096.png
367 KB, 428x535
>>44231067
>>
>>44231083
Reminder that as a druid she's as close with nature as possible so no underwear
>>
>>44231012
Anon succubuts aren't real.
>>
>>44231115
Also a bush like a jungle.
>>
>>44231116
Not with that attitude.
>>
>>44231115
>>44231131
proofs?
>>
File: monster___demon_empress.jpg (207 KB, 1254x990) Image search: [Google]
monster___demon_empress.jpg
207 KB, 1254x990
>>44231132
Stop speaking nonsense anon.
>>
Can you summon a succubutt with Lesser Planar Binding? Or do you need the full monte?
>>
>>44231327
Read the spell and the statblock.
>>
>>44231327
No. You could in 3.5, but Pathfinder upped its hit dice because muh strong wimmins (actually because it was seen as something a bit too powerful for its CR).
>>
File: 3DKpjTS.jpg (376 KB, 781x1080) Image search: [Google]
3DKpjTS.jpg
376 KB, 781x1080
>>44231159
I think there's an image of her in one of the books that shows off her butt, and considering she's a gnome (which basically means she gets racial bonuses to lewdness and experimentation) and druid the leap was made that she's going commando.

So she's never actually confirmed to be commando, just assumed to be in the same way Tatsumaki is never confirmed to be going commando but she's assumed to be.
>>
>>44231353
and exploitable by wizards, but that's more postponing the inevitable.
>>
>>44231351
>>44231353
So you need to be a 13th level Wizard to summon a Succubus? No wonder low level wizards are such salty virgins.
>>
>>44231358
So it's hopeless autism on the part of weeaboos and/or lifelong virgins. Gotcha.
>>
>>44231358
That's as close to "confirmed commando" as you can get without showing beef curtains.
>>
>>44231358
I'm going to need to know what book that is, not the one punch man one.
>>
Any idea for how to use craftable homunculus?

Adding enough HD to grant feats to where they can co-operative craft seems useful although that also depends if your DM lets multiple people with the feat help each other. The wording seems unclear on whether or not more than one person can increase the speed.
>>
>>44231358
I remember there was a DC hero with wind powers who people think is going commando, but you can actually see from her shoulders and shit shes wearing a leotard under the costume. One of those 80s ones where you can see allll the leg.
>>
Now that were in succubutt territory can they be made to join you of their own volition and be reformed?

That would make a nice story.
>>
>>44231709
You don't read any of the generals or WotR, do you?
>>
File: Redeemons.png (103 KB, 1859x248) Image search: [Google]
Redeemons.png
103 KB, 1859x248
>>44231709

Based on AP materials, succubi are one of the few demons that take any interest in doing this, although it should be emphasized the chances of finding one are one in a billion.

Who knows, maybe one day we'll get a gluttony demon chef bro or a slothful demonic spa girl interested in redemption.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6295397
>>
>>44231854
Can't go wrong with ayy lmaos

>>44231757
Welp i know what im doing
>>
>>44230556
Which Aeon would have the best?
>>
>>44231919
Synesis
>>
Greetings /pfg/
I seek your knowledge once more.

Let's say BBEG has a sword of instant death. He charges at a PC and misses, said PC then attempts disarm as his standard action and succedes. as a move action, he wants to pick up the BBEG weapon. can he do this from an adjacent square or he must ocupy the enemy square by some means ? and if able, is enemy denied his AoO for being unarmed?
>>
>>44232119
Adjacent.
>>
>>44231757

>Evildoers struggling with the long, rocky road to redemption seek out Sloth's spa, on the basis that she's apparently a great listener.
>Sloth actually tends to fall asleep while they talk, but is good at looking like she's not dozing off.
>She usually wakes up when they're wrapping up and gives a vaguely relevant good-sounding platitude she heard from one of the good people she had help her build the spa. Combined with letting her guest think out loud without interruption for a while, they tend to go away feeling like they've made important progress in their moral journey without Sloth having to do anything.
>>
>>44232119
You can AoO while unarmed, or with an improvised weapon.
>>
>>44230857
Looks like the artist was attempting to emulate Lucien's succubi.

Only question is: How fat her horse cock is?
>>
>>44231854
Aliens.

Quick, I need to try homebrewing Star Children. What benefits fit a general "aliens from elsewhere in the Material Plane are your distant ancestors?"

Then I could start making variants for having Lashunta ancestors, Triaxian ancestors, et cetera.

And a "you count as human for Favored Class bonuses" one where your distant ancestors are from Earth.
>>
>>44232435
Weird-ass mutations.
Psychic abilities like at-will detect thoughts.
Magic resistance.
>>
huh-hu
You wanna little sex
>>
>>44232359
You can only AoO if you threaten, and unarmed strikes to not threaten unless you have Improved Unarmed Strike
>>
>>44232359
You'll provoke by making that AoO, and unless you have Improved unarmed strike, you're not proficient.
>>
>>44232145
Thanks, now that PC is carrying two weapons, the dual weilding penalties applies straight away or only if he decides to attack with both weapons?

>>44232359
I thought you needed a feat for that. I read somewhere that.while unarmed, you can't threaten squares. Therefore not being able to make AoO. if it only applies to PC's then...well shit.
>>
File: pope benedict and pals.png (984 KB, 947x605) Image search: [Google]
pope benedict and pals.png
984 KB, 947x605
>>44230788
Why has it become more of a thing to photoshop stock faces on to bodies and edit them in horribly? Like that's all I seem to find now when looking through recent Paizo or 3pp artwork. Your pic has it, though it's been heavily edited to try and conceal it. Pic related, from one of my GM's 3pp that he quit writing for due to the artist. Same book has a race that is nothing but Master Po lifted from Kung Fu.
>>
>>44232670
I would prefer if it was just pictures of blunts, George Bush, and similar objects taken off the internet
>>
>>44230857
>Mythic Monster Manual
I am gleeful to learn that this is a thing, I love mythic monsters.
These abilities seem fairly well-done, does Legendary Games usually do good stuff?
>>
>>44232435

Weakness to Lightning.

Magical Powers.

Pale Blood.
>>
>>44232567
>>44232597
My bad
>>44232574
Actually, Improved Unarmed Strike lets you count as armed and you don't provoke when using Unarmed Strike, but unarmed strikes themselves are simple weapons as classified in the weapons tab.
>>
File: Redeemed Succubus.png (810 KB, 693x782) Image search: [Google]
Redeemed Succubus.png
810 KB, 693x782
>>44231709

Pic related.
>>
>>44228774
Forlarren Ice Witch who has recently harmed someone.
She's currently in the remorse stage of the rage, penitence cycle and can be negotiated with peacefully, a nice chance to get some insight into the spirit of a creature that's compelled by what it is to hurt others, so on.
>>
>>44232742
>both fiends attempting reform are succubi
If you had the writers at gunpoint, what other reformed fiends would you have them put in?
>>
>>44228633
I want to make a godlike, OP character.
Should I go for a wizard, or (teleportation) school savant Arcanist? Or something else?
>>
>>44228774
A herd of rust monsters are wandering across the land, and they don't immediately attack the players.
If they are fed and treated nicely, the whole herd can be tamed.
>>
>>44232795
Sacred
Geometry
>>
>>44232769
Balor Paladin.
>>
>>44232769
>what other reformed fiends would you have them put in?

You know what would be funny?

Reformed Misogyny Demon.
>>
>>44232742
Holy shit what a waifu
>>
>>44232769
Cabal devil that just wants to make presents for her husbando.
>>
>>44232769
A wandering Gongorinan qlippoth preist who tries to heal the wounded and punish evildoers.
>>
>>44232769
Vegetarian Astradaemon
Librarian Nalfeshnee
Cuddly doglike Shamhazian
Waifu bodyguard Erinyes
Priest Apostate Devil
>>
>>44227145
>Your to - hit and AC should result in 50% hits.
Really?
And the Bestiary damage values, are they really the target you aim for, for a well built martial?
>>
>>44232769
an Aghash who searches for her own inner beauty because she finds her body twisted.
>>
>>44232769
Handmaiden Devil turned guardian matron of an orphanage.

Hell, any Daemon, they're far too nihilistic not to do something with, having one go full THIS LIFE CAN BE A BEAUTIFUL AND WONDERFUL ADVENTURE would be amazing.
>>
Not exactly a pathfinder question here (3.5e) but I figured it's close enough and I don't really want to make an entire thread for something like this.

I know that specialist wizard is generally much stronger than generalist, but that's exactly what I want to do anyway because of my character's motivation. He wants to learn all there is to learn about magic in general, not wanting to eschew any of its schools. To complicate matters I'm not allowed to take any Transmutation or Divination spells for now since those two magic schools are 'undiscovered' in the setting. To compensate for this my character can use Detect Magic, Detect Secret Doors and Read Magic 1/day each as a supernatural ability.

Currently he's level 4, has Spell Mastery for Prestidigitation and Magic Missile (free from the DM like the above detect spells), Fiery Blast which allows him to throw small fireballs as a standard action as long as he has an uncast fire spell of level 2 or higher. He also has Extend Spell.
He has no special equipment save for a ring that has a moderate conjuration magic aura but which he has no clue how to use.

I have access to all books and materials but my DM is too smart to allow incredibly overpowered things. Knowing that, what kind of feats/prestige classes/spells/items/etc should I go for?
>>
How bad is a dog animal companion? I knew it's low-tier even among animal companion, but we're doing urban campaign and dangerous animal like Wolf/Tiger etc. aren't allows in the town
>>
>>44230150
At first I read "Fair Play" as "Hair Play" and thought this was a special kind of chivalry.
>>
>>44233180

Trip on attack is a very powerful ability, and can dogs learn how to grapple? As in, bite the person's arm and hold on, immobilizing them?
>>
>>44230475
Captain Yesterday is a massive pussy.
>>
>>44233180
wolf is just a large dog. half the people who own dogs claim they have wolf lineage and wouldnt know what an actual wolf looked like if it was currently eating their face.

you could easily bluff a wolf companion as a mutty dog until it got the size increase, and then you could bluff it as "yeah, it's pretty big--i'm thinking of talking to guiness records about it"

>>44233241
they dont get the grab ability, but you're certainly easier to grapple when prone, no? just attack-> trip on their first turn, then grapple from there.
>>
>>44233267
>as far as the layman is concerned, a wolf is just a large dog
fuck i need sleep
>>
>>44233267
I dump my CHA so no Bluff for me.
>>
>>44232769
Rakshasa bellydancer.
>>
>>44232769
An Ooloidroo cleric that constantly mind-controls others into joining her faith, despite the insistence of her peers to stop doing it.
>>
>>44233348
yeah, and a lot of people who claim their big dog has wolf in them are unconvincing as well. you dont need skillpoints for roleplay.
>>
>>44233425
They're supposed to be reformed, you silly willy.
>>
File: 1334250909514.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1334250909514.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>44230475
HOLY SHIT!
I KNOW KALINDLARA IRL!
I WAS THAT PLAYER WHO GOT DIS-INVITED!
AHAHAHAHAHA FUCK! THIS IS AWESOME!
>>
>>44233713
Was it agreeable?

Also, when you augment a power, do you pay X increase in pp to get all augments available or do you pay X pp to get one specific augment at a time?
>>
>>44233752
That second bit was to anyone who might know. Like if you augment foxhole to 3pp do you get all the benefits or only one 2-pp benefit?
>>
>>44233752
Agreeable in that I wanted to play a firebrand Half-Elf Warpriest of Milani (Cult Master) and have the streets of Kintargo run red with the blood of devils.

I asked for a lot of guidance since I wanted to explore how Milani handles her CN followers, but it wasn't where he wanted to take the game, so I stepped out of the roster.
>>
>>44233752
The latter, unless the paragraph for the augment begins with "In addition" then you get those benefits automatically.
>>
>>44233832
Wow, he sounds like a real pansy.
>>
>>44233956
Oh, trust me, he is. He's also becoming a massive SJW right before my eyes.

But I'll be playing in his Mummy Mask game soon and when he runs Hell's Vengeance, he wants to to bring my E-Game as an Inquisitor of Asmodeus.
>>
>>44228668

I want to marry you too.
>>
>>44228714
Yeesh, the mod went scorched earth on that.
>>
>>44234019
Mr. Bubbles, I admire your straight talk and tenacity when it comes to bringing a healthy dose of truth to the Paizo forums.
>>
>>44234020
Not scorched earth enough.
http://imgur.com/a/fxIyc
>>
>>44233990
I know that feel anon
>we used to have a pretty left wing guy in my group till he left because there were campaigns we did that didn't ally with his views which have gotten borderline commie + identity politics
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/p/physical-acceleration

"All modes of movement increase"

Is that a list that is ONLY the listed movements, or are those EXAMPLES of movements? Does it increase Nomad's Step?
>>
File: 1436416188117.gif (52 KB, 591x466) Image search: [Google]
1436416188117.gif
52 KB, 591x466
So, how's your campaign going /pfg/?
>>
>>44234123
Those are examples since it says including.

Why would it increase Nomad's step? That has a listed distance of 15 feet teleport, plus 5 more for every nomad levels.
>>
>>44234188
I made a clown instructor wizard who uses a balistia in the back of his wagon.

I got to shoot it once so far and missed.
>>
>>44234252
You should call it the Ba-miss-ta honk honk
>>
>>44234201
Because it says it increases movement, and Nomad's Step is movement. Alternative movement, sure, but movement.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.