[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus is the lore of Kings of War boring. I'm trying to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Kings-of-War.jpg (110 KB, 600x424) Image search: [Google]
Kings-of-War.jpg
110 KB, 600x424
Jesus is the lore of Kings of War boring. I'm trying to like it, but nope.
>>
Quick search shows me this is a generic-Fantasy looking wargame. How boring is it?
>>
File: chaos_knight.jpg (76 KB, 900x708) Image search: [Google]
chaos_knight.jpg
76 KB, 900x708
Their goal is to provide alternate warhammer mini not make their own world.
>>
Kings Of War is good for its rules not for its lore. Since you are allowed to basically use any miniatures for your army barring a few factions, you can basically make your own lore while still using the ruleset (which btw is much better than the piss poor balanced WHFB.)
>>
>>44228025
It has the creativity of Eragon.

>>44228162
Apparently they are interested to create a world.
>>
>>44229370
Eragon had some cool concepts at least
>>
>>44227909
There's not anything wrong with the lore. Because it's not LEL CHAOS WAAGGH EMPIRE SPIKE AND SKULLS. Get over yourself, faggot.
>>
>>44229385
All of Eragon's cool concepts are taken from other books.
I just know the first thing on your mind is the magic system, which is exactly like the magic in Earthsea.
>>
>>44229423
wordswordswordswords!

I am saying words!

Faggot!

words!
>>
>>44229426

Everyone always plugs Eragon's magic metaphysics. How exactly does it work, and why is it special. All I've been able to piece together from people is it has something to do with rocks and knowing the right magic words.

and don't tell me to just read the books, I've already tried. All it does is bore me and remind me of a certain movie that I'd rather be watching
>>
>>44227909

still better than sigmarines
>>
>>44229765

that's not saying much, as the whole AoS is shitty fanfic-tier atm
>>
>>44229370
They are interested in creating a world but the setting is still new.

Play KoW for the rules, anyway.
>>
>>44229755
>and why is it special
It isn't. It's literally the magic system from Earthsea, which is from the '60s.
>How exactly does it work
There's a Magic language. If you speak in Magic, you can't lie. This both ensures honesty and accomplishes magical feats: the world around you changes to fit what must be a true statement.
Example: "That tree is on fire" in Magic. The tree is not on fire. But you can't lie in Magic, so to resolve the contradiction, the tree bursts into flames.
>>
I think that most folks playing 40K or who used to play fantasy did so almost entirely because of the lore and the nice models.

It's odd with Mantic that those have both taken a back seat to their rulesets.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.