[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What up mah necromancy enthusiasts! Here is the age old question,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
What up mah necromancy enthusiasts!

Here is the age old question, which one do you prefer and why?

Skeletons vs. Zombies?
>>
Skeletons, they're more sanitary and while they are less durable, have better agility and response times.
>>
Zombies.

Strong, durable, and you can put nasty surprises in them without making it too obvious.
>>
Skeletons in the house, zombies in the fields.
Skeletons are clean, and tend towards organized behavior. These properties make them outstanding house servants, and they don't have to worry about being damaged by exposure to the elements if they're inside.
Zombies on the other hand are durable enough that they can work the fields pretty much 24/7 without the elements blowing them to pieces like would happen to skeletons.
>>
File: 1426196564009.png (195 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
1426196564009.png
195 KB, 500x295
>>44226847
While the zombies are strong enough to be able to water and plow the fields, it's questionable that you want stinking meat to fall on EVERYTHING, and boy are those things gonna rot in the sun.
Skellies 9 times out of 10.
>>
>>44226904
I'm growing corn for biodiesel, not for human cosumption. Nobody cares if you get a little meat in their, just gives it a bit more octane.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (34 KB, 359x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
34 KB, 359x200
>>44226847
>>44226927
>Spends years learning the dark art of necromancy
>Uses it to farm
>>
>>44226657
Whatever form I can revive my loved ones and fallen comrades in.
>>
File: Ghouls Dont Scoop Ice Cream.jpg (72 KB, 575x800) Image search: [Google]
Ghouls Dont Scoop Ice Cream.jpg
72 KB, 575x800
>>
>>44226946
Well you want to be self sufficient right? No needing to go into town and buy your groceries.
Yeah, it's not glamorous but it's got to be done. Hell, I've got a skelly who just mucks out the toilets. Something a lot of otherwise good dread and arcane towers lack is good bathrooms. You need to consider this stuff.
>>
Zombies are just skeletons with additional flesh armor. Flesh armor that transmits diseases and smells horrid. They're prime army material, cause they take blunt force better than skellies, but because of their putridness I wouldn't use them for anything else other than large acale attacks.
>>
>>44227006

>Not being a lich

Groceries. Hah!
>>
>>44226657
Skeletons, of course! Give them some AKs and camo clothes, and they'll fucking wreck everything. Zombies are pretty much useless in the 2015. One shot to the head is all they need.
>>
>>44227026
Candles then? Good dribbly candles with noxious fumes. Same for other mundane but important wizardry items like colored chalk.
>>
>>44226991
racists
>>
>>44227006
>Using Black Magic to clean your fucking house

I'm gonna have to ask you to turn in your sinister black robe and your flesh-bound tome. You're not a necromancer, just some lazy cunt.
>>
File: 1432525144426.jpg (176 KB, 978x691) Image search: [Google]
1432525144426.jpg
176 KB, 978x691
>>44227100
Sorry you're too busy taking time away from research to clean your lair. Or do you never clean or organize it at all?
>>
>>44227100
...I fail to see the difference.
>>
>>44227100
>being this edgy
Look my parents taught me necromancy so I could be some kind of harbinger of death and destruction but I just want a quiet life to work on my paintings.
>>
File: EnemyMoF.jpg (91 KB, 910x756) Image search: [Google]
EnemyMoF.jpg
91 KB, 910x756
>>44227154
Don't be silly. I have a hunchback for that. Creepy, easily intimidated, and full of pent up vengeance for that sudden but inevitable betrayal! But you'd know that if you didn't go to a public villain college.
>>
File: 1432569563094.jpg (207 KB, 661x1009) Image search: [Google]
1432569563094.jpg
207 KB, 661x1009
>>44227239
>Keeping a hunchback
>Not keeping a shortstack
>Cute, easily convinced, and full of pent up sexual tension for the sudden but inevitable laying
But you'd know that if you weren't so stuck in the old ways, geezer.

>2015
>Not playing a charismatic leader necromancer
>>
>>44226946
It's not a FARM, it's a PLANTATION.
And I had to learn necromancy when they said I couldn't keep using niggers.
>>
>>44227350
+1

It always looks so big in those little hands!
>>
>>44227059
Again with the pro-necromancy propaganda. There's no brain in those skeleton heard, just a spark of magic that allows for very limited programming. You'll be lucky to get them to patrol a battlement without falling off, and expecting them to keep situational awareness in a rifle - range fight is asking for trouble. They will likely start shooting allies or each other. Sure, you can make smarter, stronger skeletons with more work, but it's so much more effort you might as well hire mercenaries.
>>
>>44227594
Don't go for skeletons. There are better undead to raise, skellies are good for simple and bulk.
Couple dozen flavors of undead knight rituals out there, and they're pretty customisable. Shop around and see what works for you.
>>
>>44226657

Skeletons for speed and reliability.

Zombies for endurance.

Depends on what you want to use them for.

An average human skeleton weighs about 15% of your bodyweight, so a 200 pound man would have a 30 pound skeleton. How come people aren't just knocking this light fucks over?
>>
>>44226657
Skeletons, always. They're clean, lightweight, and you can totally carve and paint their bones to make the coolest undead guards ever. And you can totally light candles inside their skulls at night.
Also skelecopters.

Zombies are one time use or just fodder for fighting. All the undead I actually care for, and keep around my lair, are skeletons.
>>
first do resarch on what is the most popular way of killing undead in the local area.

stuff traps inside zombies.

unless I have a massive stockpile of bones, then large skelleton hamster balls for knocking shit over.
>>
Skeletons just because there is so much more potential when it comes to straight up bone magic with necromancers.
>>
File: 4e_wraith.jpg (76 KB, 640x828) Image search: [Google]
4e_wraith.jpg
76 KB, 640x828
>Corporeal servants

Scrubs, all of you.
>>
>>44230139
>not using every last part

OP just asked on one part, most I hope are not wasteful folks.
>>
File: 1235.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1235.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>44226657
Skeletons definitely.

Zombies are just rot and decay, if you want a symbol of death go with skeletons.

In the end death comes to all and it is impartial so why not go with the clean white bone imbued with magical power?

Also, stitching together corpses is nowhere near is cool looking as bone amalgamations.
>>
>>44230190
Flesh and bone are used in the construction of your ziggurat, not for servants.
>>
File: Mummy.jpg (71 KB, 600x927) Image search: [Google]
Mummy.jpg
71 KB, 600x927
>>44226657
>2015
>Not taking your time to create a Mummy

Lazyfags,pls.
>>
>>44230139
>Binding a spirit of hate and loathing to do your chores
That's some warlock tier idiocy
>>
>>44231314
If you can't keep them in line then maybe you should try getting good.
>>
>>44226657
Skeletons, they look better, smell better, and are far more interesting.
>>
>>44230139
That's super useful until you want one of them to hand you your cup of coffee in the morning. No coffee for you.
>>
>>44230516
What's the point of a mummy anyway? It's just a slightly tougher zombie when you get down to it.
>>
>>44233068
They're not gooey or decaying, so they smell better.
>>
>>44233068
They're not gooey or decaying, so they smell better.
>>
>>44233068
I wonder if you can automate the creation of a mummy army trough skeletons.
>>
File: Skeleton Army.jpg (105 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Army.jpg
105 KB, 750x600
>>44227059
Pic related.
>>
>>44233068
>A lot harder to kill.
>Somewhat more intelligent than zombies.
>Better at using weapons.
>Will take thousands of years to fully decay.

>>44233166
Also this.

>>44233355
If i remember correctly,there was a book in Morrowind that said that all novice necromancers should do this.
>>
>>44226657
What about zombies that don't decay
>>
>>44227480
You win
>>
>>44233566
What you mean serfs and lower class workers?

No those are living, not necromancy work.
>>
Zombies. In addition to being more structurally sound than skeletons, they also can "recruit" new zombies into your army through bites.
>>
>>44233355
Factory version of Deep Rot when?
>>
>>44226657
>Skeletons vs. Zombies?
Honestly? Neither, Zombies are only really good for a week if you don't put a lot of unnecessary time and resources into them and skeletons are just too brittle, either their bones snap or the joins grind down. They are also both relatively poor servants that are difficult to gather to their usefulnesses-to-cost ratio. You see this is the common problem with necromancy as its such a low tier dark power unlike warlocks or covens, filled only with desperate housewives and angsty teenagers so desperate for social acceptance that they join up a death cult.

I mean don't get me wrong, nice that you find peace in praising odosh the patron god of serial killers and undeath but honestly as a dark power trade necromancy really does not have anything going for it other than the occasional eternal life boon. Considering what other more accessible and actually useful ways there are to actually achieve true eternal life even that falls flat.

Really I don't see the hype that those cult recruiters brag about how great having grandmas smelly, mindless corpse pulling the feilds or how their marxist eternal craftsmen red revolution will be an utopia bring about. And the actual necromancy school is a joke since all necromancers are either just simpletons pointing a finger and going "please raise corpse god, please." instead of putting actual thought or intellect into their work.

No I'll stick with sickass demons or specilized golems and spirits to do my dirty work thank you.
>>
>>44226657
Skeletons due to the lack of any discernible features unless youre some weirdo who studied bones Skeles have to have more personality so

Bones over drones
>>
>>44226657
Skeletons are a lot cleaner.
>>
When you absolutely need to fuck some fortress up, accept no substitutes and go for zombies. They're slow, but take a lot of work to put down, and punch above their weight class, in addition to bringing diseases to the defenders once they get inside.
They're the perfect front-line troops.

For anything else, skeletons.
>Archers
Good luck outshooting them with all that piercing resistance. Reinforce the arms with metal springs for inhumanly strong bows, or give them enchanted eyes (I honestly prefer obsidian eye carvings, less messy) for surprisingly effective snipers.
>Spearmen
Very hard to stab in retaliation. Put them behind a rank or two of zombies and the enemy will have a hellish time moving the mass.
>Cavalry
Weighs all of 80 pounds, rides without discomfort for days, and you can even give them skeletal horses, too. Crossbow that, assholes!
>Indoor servants
I dare you to find a skeleton that will shed a single bit of hair or flesh. If you do, it was actually a zombie. Also can reach behind couches and cabinets far easier.
>Outdoor servants
Don't rot away and present a much more approachable appearance.
>Magi
Not personally in the habit of teaching undead spells, but skeletons work the best, as their brains won't slowly decompose.

Best of all, they're modular! Need a frontline troop? Rivet the armor right on, they won't mind. Scouts or runners? A thin metal sheet on the bottom of the feet and a lacquer to prevent against the elements, wear, and tear.
>>
Bone puns beat brain puns.

Checkmate.
>>
File: BONERS.jpg (331 KB, 1000x1415) Image search: [Google]
BONERS.jpg
331 KB, 1000x1415
>>44226657
you have my answer.
>>
>>44226657
Skeletons because, when even disassembled, they can still be dangerous.
>>
>>44227210
>being this faggy
>>
>>44226657
Wraiths
>>
>faggots complain about skeletons being brittle
Just replace the bones or build stronger oneals, though I personally only use common undead for construction and scouts.
Need to raise a wall?
Skeleton horde
Need a wave of troops?
Zombies
Any home related task?
My own magic or a dominated mummy, animated armor, or even infant wraiths. Never use wild wraiths, to unpreditable.
>>
>>44226657
Skellies. They can use bows for ranged attacks, and fold down lightly into a bag of holding.
Zombies are just meat walls.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.