[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A New Grand Kingdom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 13
File: New_Game.jpg (2 MB, 2415x1872) Image search: [Google]
New_Game.jpg
2 MB, 2415x1872
http://pastebin.com/0uWQ2Ee0
This paste bin contains the rules of the game as well as the character sheet you need to post.

Open Kingdoms
[12] [13] [14]

Okay guys some rules about the game
1. You must have a trip code and name, if you want to claim an open spot you must have a trip code and reply with the first half of your character sheet, the half youre responsible to fill in.

I'll go into length about the game later, I'm going to be replying later after everyone has gotten their sheets up.

Guys also a note about the map. I'm not happy with it and it will be changing, but it'll take awhile and this is when I said i'd be posting this.

If you have any questions just ask becasue this is a huge step forward in complexity.
>>
>>44226322
I'm here
>>
>>44226322
Hello!
>>
>>44226336
>>44226370
Hello
>>
>>44226322
Previously:Northern Soul
People: Dorfs
Posting to save my place. Will post as I can. Need to fill rest of sheet but Im on mobile so sorry
>>
>>44226396
Hey!
>>
http://pastebin.com/0uWQ2Ee0

Oh cool, this is going to play similar to a traditional nationbuilder.

Are we going to fill in the charsheet today?
>>
>>44226418
Ruler: Oghren Battleborn
Government Type: United Clans with elected Representatives advising a King
>>
We are the human kingdom of Greenland, ruled by King Greenland XV.
We are a majority Deist.
>>
>>44226322
So, this is a New Grand Kingdom?

Does this mean the original Grand Kingdom is over?
>>
>>44226461
It would appear so, it had a good run.

This one seems to follow in its spirit.
>>
I haven't played this before, reading the pastebin atm.

Would there be room for a new player?
>>
>>44226442
Religion: Ancestor and Nature Worship
Race: Dwarves
Fluff: I am Oghren, patron of the great clan battleborn, dominant amongst the clans. My people are proud, industrious and boisterous, though short of stature. We are good to our allies and a terrible foe to have, bearing long grudges and holding ancient traditions. Though we did fall, we shall rise again.
>>
Well, look.

I don't know if I want to play for definite, but can I lay claim to [14] whilst I read the pastebin?
>>
So we have to determine our nation before we know the type of place we live and what's there?
>>
>>44226505
Location: 11 or 7 (I claimed 11 on a different map but either works)
>>
>>44226552
This seems to be the very same map in the GK General thread, just with hexes added.
>>
>>44226574
Yeah but what I laid claim to there was labelled 11 but is now 7 so I dunno whether the number or land is more important

t.b.h. As long as I have mountains Im happy
>>
>>44226322
Hello odd!
>>
>>44226322
I'd like 13
>>
>>44226322
Name: The Aldane

Ruler: The Council of 8. The council is typically of elders, but younger councilors have been elected before.

Government Type: Democracy? A non-military junta? I'm bad with this stuff.

Religion: Sole worship of the Sea Shepherd who provides the vast bounty that is the ocean's resources.

Race: Elves with neutral skin tones. Grey is common but there is obviously a lot of variation.
[NOTE: Possible races include the cliche-Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Halflings and Orcs. there are other in game races but they are either Hostile or Unplayable in this test run]

Fluff: The Aldane have lived as fisherman, pearl divers, and sheep herding on the shores of there mountainous island for generations. The constant use and need of ocean vessel's has made the Aldane into pioneering ship builders who constantly strive to improve their previous designs. This focus on an ocean dependent life has led to a rather lackluster farming system, as well as the development of large scale cities and towns. Small wharfs and harbors line the coast but only small herding villages are found
further inland.

Hope this is alright.
>>
>>44226322
Hill and Wood here, was probably going to change my trip.

We hexs naow

Name: Midderland Because, first law trilogy ruled by Peregwulf the giant
Government: Tribal confederation. under 'Middawalda' Perergwulf who is 'high king' with a council of other tribal chiefs and nobles who can make suggestions and intervene in some politics. This is called the Witan and they are pretty important in deciding inheritance but can be vetoed by the monarch
Race: the little folk, hobbits

Religion: The spirits of the land, there are druidic cults dedicated to a pantheon of simple gods, father sky - representing learning/leadership, Mother Earth - life/food, twin sons who eternally fight eachother - war, combat/trade skills etc.

Fluff: While short in stature the people of the middleland are ferocious fighters using ambushes and ranged skirmishing to great effect, before being led to combat by Champions wielding great swords (well, average swords for the bigguns) some covered in mystic woad. The Island is split between many petty clans, kingdoms and confederations, this has been the state for many centuries, since the peoples migrated here from the north. They brought with them knowledge of basic maille but as explained that's for the richer and less suicidal champions. Peregwulf the giant, so named for his great height of 5ft 5, has recruited Murlan the druid and believes himself the one to unite all the tribes under one banner taking the mantle of highking - Middawalda.

Is this alright?
>>
File: Flag_of_Greenland.png (21 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Greenland.png
21 KB, 1024x683
>>44226452
We are a smart, strong, and proud people. We have strong moral, despising pirates, cannibals, and other savages.
>>
I'd like 14 please

Name: The Moon Folk
Ruler: Selys Sassyfingers
Race: High Elves
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Religion: The King is revered as a God amongst mortal. Indulgent hedonistic parties is often how they worship.
Fluff: These guys can throw incredible parties. Not much in terms of military, but they are far more advanced in terms of Art and Craftsmanship. Most of their military might lies in their fleet.
>>
Perlushian nomads here.
Claiming my nation [6]
>>
>>44226524
>you can claim your reserved spots

Oh, shit. Well, I was [12] in the old version.#
Guess I didn't read too thoroughly
>>
>>44226322
Well, alright.

Name: Loroen
Ruler: King Teldor
Government Type: Kingdom
Religion: All our people follow our religion/ideology, Loroenism, described below.
Race: Humans
Fluff: When the first King of Loroen gazed out at the horizon beyond the sea, he knew that they must one day gaze upon what's there. The people of Loroen place the utmost importance on seeing things with their own eyes. They will travel leagues to see a stunning vista, fight a giant beast to see what it looks like in battle. The ideal of the Loroen is to look upon all of the things in this world, and to not attempt to do so is to squander this life.
>>
>>44226736
>>44226641
>>44226640
>>44226505
>Not humans
>>
>>44226830
No, we reserved new spots on this map in the thread yesterday.
>>
>>44226833
My human brother!
>>
So all the spots are taken now then?
>>
>>44226322
Name: (What do your people call themselves? This will be your new name on the map )
Ruler: Council of Elders, as they have seen the most and learned from the past.
Government Type: Elders, voted to the Council
Religion: The gods of old. A Pantheon of Orc gods, from the God of war to the God of intellect.
Race: Orcs.
Fluff: Red Orc's, From nomads to a small nation long forgetting their nomad times. As a race of Orcs, More aggressive then the avg of the other races but as time moved on, there was seen a need for progression of intellectual might instead of physical if they were to survive and grow, and we grew to be known at the strongest bookworms.

>>
>>44226851
>>44226839
>>44226682
>>44226452
Actually, I'm 11.
When you posted the map yesterday, what is now 11 was 2.
>>
>>44226839
Human's have not mastered the art of the orgy
>>
>>44226839
Well I felt like mixing it up and I find the idea of early medieval hobbits amusing.

From a gameplay stand point I'm worried about the height though...
>>
I'm going to skip on this game, actually..

And OP, remember the correct way to use "effect".
>>
>>44226418
Take your time, till 4Pm est I wont really be able to reply to anyone yet, itll be a slow start

>>44226441
Yes, that's whats going on right now

>>44226461
Yes, I'm sorry you missed the crazy end yesterday but you have a reserved spot in this game

>>44226524
YES!

>>44226482
Yup 12, and 13 are open

>>44226552
You have the spots you claimed yesterday and I used the same colors except for mals which is now purple and the nomads are dark red

>>44226608
Spame spots as you chose I just had to number them without access to that map for reasons

>>44226636
You guys chose yesterday dude lol, you are bright green
>>
>>44226830
Thats not what I ment by that, every singleplayer but you claimed a spot yesterday
>>
>>44226965
I claimed 12 for elven fishermen
>>
>>44226965
>Yup 12, and 13 are open
Can I claim 13? Writing my sheet as I type this.
>>
>>44226965
Alright, I'll fill in a charsheet
>>
>>44226965
So Im 7 then. Sound. Ill prolly be on by the time ye start hopefullY.
>>
>>44226322

Previous Player: Yumatsu
Name: Umatsu
Ruler: Council of Elders
Religion: they belive in a spiritual world that matches with the real one in some twisted form and some kind of substance may be extract from this world to manipulate magic but at same time they fear and respect this spiritual world to try so.
Race: Human
Fluff: their do their best to respect the nature, thanks to their religion they dont want to alter the spiritual world although they try to develop new technologies for their progress that dont match every time.
Trade Routes: None
Defenses: None
Culture: 10
Technologies:
Weapon Making 1
Writing 1
Survival 1
[some sort of food tech based on my start]
>>
In yesterdays map the 6 was not in the blue hexes 2 of this map?
>>
>>44227151
He switched numbers round to fit those of the players who claimed them from last game
>>
Can i have 13.
Government theocracy.
Race Winter born
ruler high priestess niveus
>>
>>44227024
All right, first draft is done. I hope this is good.

Previous Player: N/A
Name: Keroroa
Ruler: King Mureore
Government Type: Kingdom.
Religion: Totemism - Each family has their own guardian spirit, usually housed in a sacred heirloom or small shrine.
Fluff: Keroroa is a guild-based society. Families tend to stay within the same guild, as children learn their trade from their parents and grandparents. Each guild is ruled by a small group of elders, who not only act as guildmasters and represent their guilds in the king's council, but are also teachers and judges to their people. These guilds aren't a rigid caste system, however. Small guilds of associated trades often merge into one in order to increase their political clout, while overly large guilds tend to split up as they become too numerous to support themselves. It's also not impossible for a person born into one guilt to switch to another guild. Assuming they feel they have enough reason to do so, a guildmaster can officially welcome anyone into their guild.
In Keroroa, there are two things that matter more than anything else to a person. The first is one's buseness. Everything is business. Even communion with their guardian spirits is seen in the spirit of abusiness transaction, with a small sacrifice (hopefully) paying for the spirit's intervention in both spiritual and mundane matters. The second is one's reputation. Successful individuals spare few expenses in letting others know just how successful they are. Whether it's bigger houses, more expensive clothes of more extravagant parties, the surest way to growing your reputation in Keroroa is to let everyone know just how much richer you are than them.
>>
Adding to my claim>>44226746
Also I forgot to link it to an OP post>>44226322

Name:Pelugians
Ruler:Each island is ruled by a council of 5 elders, with one of them attending an elder moot every 3 months for all the islands. The elder that attends rotates each time as the elders tend to be older members of the society that can't travel too much.
Government:Basically a republic/confederation of islands.
Religon:The Pelugians hold the ocean in high regard for its life giving food as well as for its frequent wrath. They therefore believe the ocean to be a conduit for the gods, some of which are helpful, while others are vengeful. The only practices of this religion is the offering of tributes in the form of a small basket containing either food or bracelets made of fish bones or fish scales/other trinkets, which is floated into the sea right before a boat takes off & the creating of shrines.
Race: Dark skinned halflings
Fluff:The Pelugians rely on the ocean to both keep their islands & people connected and for food, so they are a very sea centered culture and are a sea faring people.
>>
>>44226636
Did you want to switch spots?

>>44226863
Okay so which of the three spots do you want....

except for sargeras who has claimed two spots on the map 3, and 13

12,13 and 14 are all currently unclaimed as per the rules

Guys I'll be giving you your stats and starting a season in a little bit
>>
>>44227280
uh, I need clarification from sargeras as he has a right to claim spots first however he already claimed 3, would 12 or 1 interest you?

If they are taken before I get clarification you can have 3
>>
>>44227375
I picked 13, not 3. You said 13 was still free.

But sure I'll take a different spot if it's a problem.
>>
>>44227393
I just said someone else was trying to claim it, I know you picked 13.
>>
>>44227346
I posted a claim for 12.

If I didn't do my post right just let me know how I can change it.
>>
>>44227421
Ah, ok.

Well, I'm not married to any specific spot, so just put me wherever is convenient.
>>
i see keroroa was there first if any spot is open i well take it
>>
>>44227436
>>44226322
Literately rule 1. the only rule from the paste bin I felt the need to repost
>>
>>44227448
14 is yours if you fix your problem

>>44227443
You know what, I dont know what to do.... sargeras claimed 3 yesterday but then fore some reason tried to claim 13 and those are the only open spots if these other people fix their problem
>>
>>44226640
>>44227465
Trip dropped bro. Apologies.
>>
>>44227491
Sargeras was just confused because the numbers have been switched since yesterday
>>
File: Newgame_stripped_down.jpg (513 KB, 2933x1872) Image search: [Google]
Newgame_stripped_down.jpg
513 KB, 2933x1872
Sargeras
>>44226863
Dude can you give some feedback? If you dont 13 will go to

>>44227443
>>
>>44227495
Oh, its yours!

I'm just holding off for a little bit with giving everyone their stats.

>>44227524
Thats not it because yesterday the spot was labeled as 7
>>
>>44227525
I'm fine with either. I like 7 more. What is 3 on the new map. Didn't know I was already placed. So I'll stick with the green plot.
>>
>>44227551
Alright cool.

I'm walking in and out of my work's wifi and it resets the trip, so if I occasionally drop a trip, that's the reason. I'll be checking to make sure though.
>>
>>44227572
Okay great!!

That means all the spots are taken and I'll begin giving out stats!

>>44227443
13 is yours clarification has been achieved!
>>
>>44227617
Neato.
>>
it my first time playing can i get a link to rule book.
>>
>>44227671
You have a spot?
Rules: http://pastebin.com/0uWQ2Ee0
>>
>>44226322

>Previous Player: Mals

>Name: Bacatia

>Ruler:Count Malacai Thredar

>Government Type: Feudal, Elective Monarchy (Everyone with a "land holding title" higher then baron votes for members of the ruling dynasty to determine the next successor. Higher ranks have more votes.)
Ranks in order: Baron(City), Count(Countship), Duke(Duchy), King, Emperor

>Religion: Sulism: The Bacatians are devout people who worship the Sun(Sol) and the moon(Luna), which they think of as the same coin with two different sides, as the one true deity Sulis.
Sol represents self improvement, glory, greatness and the need to share it with the world, but also pride and overconfidence to the point of arrogance. Most leaders, actors and similar outgoing individuals feel themselves particularly drawn to this aspect of Sulis.
Luna represents self reflection and acceptance, mysticism and knowledge, but also reclusiveness, selfishness and lack of confidence. Philosophers, artists and hermits mostly adhere to Luna.
Sulis is thought to share his warmth and sacred fire with the world during the day and reflecting on his actions during the Night.
Every member of an intelligent race can be part of the clergy of Sulis, as it is believed that the potential of both aspects linger in every Person. The central organization of the faith is called the temple of Sulis which holds no single leader but a council of 10 men and women who are voted on every 10 years by all members of the clergy.

Race: High elves

Fluff: By Law the only families worthy of nobility are High Elves, as they are seen as "born in the light of sol", though otherwise all races are treated equally, and it is very much possible (though incredibly rare) that a family or individual of any race is elevated into higher standings by proving to be a paragon of Sols virtues. Most state policies and laws are centered around the dualistic nature of Sulis.

Post 1/2
>>
sorry that was me i lurk a lot and never used a trip code so i was trying to find out how it worked
>>
>>44227525

Hey, I'd like to give it a try if there's still room.

Name: Drudamal

Ruler: High Chief Hravnar

Government Type: Elective Monarchy

Religion: Polytheism. A large cast of gods which take the form of animals related to their aspects. Rumoured to live a life of constant partying and general ridiculousness in a perfect land hidden by powerful magic which the greatest of heroes may be able to find if they look hard enough. Wanderers result, travelling the land in search of the Home of the Gods, thought of as half holy man, half annoying vagrant by the rest of the population.

Race: Orcs

Fluff: A loose confederation of tribes that in theory work together but mostly do their own thing. In recent times the High Chief's have held more power as they attempt to centralise the people. Blood oaths have been sworn between the tribes not to engage in warfare against one another, but minor feuds between families or individuals are still common. Despite that, the people as a whole are tough and adventurous. The wanderlust is strong, and with the tribes becoming more united there is less need to worry about your neighbours burning your village down. That means you can afford to sail for that horizon. There's wealth out there, be it from war or trade, and great stories to bring home to put into song and poetry.

Location: 1 on that new map would be good. The island up to the north. I think it's still free?
>>
he can have my place i need to work learning the game. thanks for your time,
>>
>>44227811
There are no room Sr sorry, and thats the map of yesterday
>>
>>44227811
You can have spot 14 on the first map, the second one was my first drawing yesterday, not the new map. The New map I'm going to unveil for round one will be a lot better
>>
>>44227811
Well it seems now you may claim 14 >>44227832
>>
>>44227849
Thank you lol but
>>44227832
Quit right before you posted. I do appreciate you guys replying to people who ask, its very helpful
>>
>>44227862
Sure, I'll go wherever. Obviously got confused what map was what at some point.

>>44227832
If I've just been offered your place now: Are you sure? You could probably pick it up as you went along. It's what I'm planning to do.
>>
>>44227709
>>44226322
The military represents the the aspect of Sol, preserving and spreading the face, if necessary through blood and sacred fire. Despite the temple not endorsing (but accepting) this interpretation of the faith a military career is highly respected in Bacatia and many nobles start young by joining and often leading raiding parties on small tribes. As slavery is strictly forbidden by the tenets of Sulis most tribes either convert or find a quick death at the end of Bacatian swords.
More peacefully minded people still find themselves supported by the nobility. Especially philosophers who find new ways and ideas of interaction with Sulis's world (scientiests), dancers and actors who entertain the population and lastly architects are the most prevalent of civil services endorsed by the government.

post 2/2

Sorry op i got really in the zone and wrote way too much lol.
>>
>>44227902
--- Note: *****You can contact the GM in private to orchestrate espionage!****
How?
>>
>>44227990
You planning on organizing a lot of espionage?
>>
>>44226540
Yes, I will "sort of" tailor some things to what you give me
>>
>>44228009
Yes in fact but asking because idk how to talk to someone in private.
Like the black lines censoring text, idk how to make that
>>
>>44228092
>Like the black lines censoring text, idk how to make that
http://www.4chan.org/faq#spoiler

Just read the whole FAQ if you're new.
>>
>>44228092
(spoiler) Switch the parentheses to brackets. (/spoiler)
>>
>>44227935
No! not everyone has gotten their sheet in and I'm redoing the map before turn one, I'm also trying to put a lot of work into this but for some reason I always leave things out of the OP that I always mean to put there
>>
>>44227990
>>44228092
>>44228069
AH! I'm going to both create a mibbit thread a little bit later on when we get to that point
>>
>>44228092
>People who don't read the FAQ
>>
Looking forward to the game Odd. Looks good
>>
>>44228193
Gonna BRB OP. Can I know when I need to have my charsheet ready?
>>
>>44228416
Well you habe a couple hours to get it in before you're probably gonna miss the first turn but It's not like I'll penalize you lol, you're good

I'd rather have a more thought out char sheet then a rushed one.
>>
>>44226863
Haha I'm writing up everyone's bonuses right now, strongest bookworm, great I love it
>>
>>44228642
I should have written more, shouldn't I?
>>
>>44229185
I practically wrote nothing.
>>
>>44226863
As for name, after plenty of generations of being different from the average brute of an orc. Where our people go, our distinctive difference being we seems to be more limber, and a pale grey skin tone. We don't know exactly why, but we know we're as smart as any race while being as strong as any orc.We came to call call our selves High Orcs.
>>
>>44229206
I Just came back to ask you to fill out the Nation sheet

>>44229185
Yours was fine, I

>>44228642
No yours was great! I was easily able to give you some interesting starting stuff,

Which I'll be posting about in a few minutes I just have a couple more
>>
>>44229185
>>44229283
I dont know how I fucked that up but I ment to tell you that yours was great lol, I liked it
>>
>>44229283
>>44226452
>>44226682
Ignore the [2]
>>
>>44229303

I thought you was cheering up yourself xD
>>
>>44226322

Previous Player: Stalagia

Name: Gloiningen

Ruler: Gornag Gloinssonssonsson

Government Type: Professional Republic.

Religion: Believers in the Gold. The Gold is the purest source, the fount of all; it is to be gathered and revered, to be sought out and worked for. Those who work hardest will be rewarded with the most gold, and those with the most gold will be rewarded in this life.

Fluff: The republic of Gloiningen came about after an ancient Dwarf king died, old, and weary, after having spent near every day of his reign since coronation simply staring at his treasure horde. The King's council decided that they didn't want to risk a fool, or worse, a lazy, ruler again; for the Kingdom had quite stagnated over his reign. The Professional republic was officially formed ten years later, when the Interim Chancellor famously declared to a delegation of concerned tradesmen 'Alright, if you're all so smart, you have a chuffin' go', and his statement was countersigned and passed before he had a chance to rescind his words

Every trade (and business, profession and academy) of the professional republic will vote to send for itself representatives constituent of the percentage of that trade's worth to society to the grand senate of Gloinigen. The head of the senate is considered the representative of the trade of being a senator. Any dwarf who works, be he as a street sweeper, a soldier, a goldsmith, a farmer, is considered to have a trade, and will vote with his trade to elect their representative percentage. Only Dwarves who not work or contribute to society by other means have no electoral voice.

The Dwarves of Gloingingen consider productive merit of the highest importance, in production or trade or military or agriculture, both for societal standing and to work for the promise of the Gold. Outsiders are welcomed, as long as they are willing to work to the standards expected.

>>
File: lotro-outfit-8b.jpg (67 KB, 585x379) Image search: [Google]
lotro-outfit-8b.jpg
67 KB, 585x379
Name: The Honorable East Venician Trading Company
Ruler: The Board of Directors
Government Type: Meritorious Corporate Oligarchy
Religion: (If any, but your people would probably believe in SOMETHING at least at first, be as creative as you'd like, but don't be *lol ranDUMB*)
Race: Majority human and Dwarves, with an equal amount of halflings, elf, and orc minorities
Fluff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoLQYe_EPik
The HEVTC wasn't a "natural occurrence" by any means. Relatively young, previously there simply wasn't a nation where it is now. It happened when a group of the wealthy and intellectual elite of several other realms and nations, tiring of living under the rule of King's and Lords, desired to create a realm that was uniquely there's. A place they could call their own, where they could bring together their combined minds and share in their pursuits of knowledge, culture, and the arts and sciences.

Merchants, artisans, craftsmen, scholars and aristocrats. All would band together, uniting their combined intellect, for the purpose of progressing modern civilization.

Calling their organization after the Island's name "Venicia" and forming a Board of Directors consisting of the most competent individuals for the job, they found and colonized the island for its beautiful landscape and resources, and as a prime location for the conducting of trade.
>>
>>44229357
>xD
>>
>>44229392
>>44229378
>The two trader nations posting literally a minute apart
Haha. Now that's what I call competitiveness!
>>
>>44229378
>>44229392
lol, the capitalists show up at the same time
>>
>>44229406

Embargoes anyone?
>>
>>44229440
What, and disrupt trade?

Nonsense.

Healthy competition is the basis of all proper economic growth. But there can only be one top dog

I shall meet them on the stock-market, and it shall be a gentleman's duel of wealth and prestige.
>>
Previously:Northern Soul
Ruler: Oghren Battleborn
Government Type: United Clans with elected Representatives advising a King
Religion: Ancestor and Nature Worship
Fluff: I am Oghren, patron of the great clan battleborn, dominant amongst the clans. My people are proud, industrious and boisterous, though short of stature. We are good to our allies and a terrible foe to have, bearing long grudges and holding ancient traditions. Though we did fall, we shall rise again.
>>
>>44229406

Heh. Gloiningen's probably concepted as a bit more of a 'production bonus' nation then a 'trade bonus' one, but I can't deny there are amusing similarities.
>>
>>44229516
Aye, Gloiningen reminds me a lot of a different nation in an NB called Soren I played.

There I was focused on strong command economy and internal production over international trade, markets, and banks (I even had to compete against them). We were an undead Dwarven technocracy run by a few living immortal elite managing factories run by masses of automatons and dwarf foremen.
>>
I'm liking the amount of early democracies, confederations and tribal gatherings. I was expecting more godkings and emperor's.

It's going to be difficult choosing the bad guy!
>>
>>44229641
Everyone that aligns themselves against you
>>
>>44229641
Actions speak louder than titles.
>>
Can I be 12?
>>Queen Vilecorpus of Vilrexia
>>
Previous Player: Baroxy Commonwealth
Name: Zargoz Kingdom
Ruler: King Thulmer the Third
Government Type: Theocratic Monarchy
Religion: The people of Zargoz worship the Iron King God of Fire and Metal who gifted both to the Zargoz so they may forge the world anew in his glorious image.
Race: Ironforged ( Large Humanoid with pitch black skin and eyes glow like fire. Long living with slow reproduction. Physically stronger to make up for it.)
Fluff: The Kingdom of Zargoz as founded by the first King Thulmer are a harsh culture ruled by strict cultural and spiritual tenets. Steeped in a tradition were those strong in iron rule they have a dislike for those considered of a weaker race. Martial prowess and iron working being the two most important factors of culture with all other professions coming secondary with the agriculture sector mostly see to by slaves as no “true” ironforged should work a plow. While women are mostly focused on arts, maintaining households and so called lesser crafts all are trained in the art of war as to rush into defense of home and country in the name of the Iron God.
>>
>>44229686
Sorry m8 it's already claimed.
>>
>>44229727
I think 1 is claimed too
>>
>>44229641
>>44229716
Heh.
>>
>>44229716 #
Goddamnit, dude. >|

Can you please choose another land, that's the only land where true Isolationist Monarchy can rule.
#Salty

Can we pls get new map
>>
>>44229686
>>44229727
>>44229772
>>44229857
I might be wrong but I think everything's already claimed.
>>
>>44229857
No
>>
File: 1393029125877.png (123 KB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
1393029125877.png
123 KB, 320x256
>>44229879
There is a lot of shit posting, and OP is away, beating it to the latest Touhou miniature. So who knows?
>>
>>44229750

Population[20,000](+2/turn):
Food: >Scarce(no growth)
Raw Currency: [30] (+-2) [generated by GM]
Culture: [10] (+0/turn)
Happiness: [Content)
Territory: 20 Hexes
Unique Buildings: [generated by GM]
(You have an HQ Building of your choice in your capitol)
x3 Iron Mine-basic
Marble QUary
Limestone Quary

Defenses: ( None to start unless otherwise noted)
Trade Routes: [none initially]

Bonuses:
Long Memories: You can attempt to reroll 1 roll a turn that you have failed in a previous turn
Ancient Grudges: You can spend one culture to ad +2 to any one attack roll against an enemy unit you have fought before
Eccentricities:
Clan Politics: If your faction leader is ever killed you must wait 1 year to appoint another, unless you spend all 3 actions in one turn to unite the squabbling clans

Military Units:
Hero Unit Oghren Battleborn[x4] [Inspire]
*Special ability "Imspire" add +1 to any battle die roll if your king is fighting along side them
x2 Dwarven Platoons[x3]

Resources/Quantity: [generated by GM] [amount]
+15 Iron/turn (from mines)
Mountian Goat Herd
Limestone +100 lbs/turn
Marble +100 lbs/turn

Technologies:
[Weapon Making 1]
[Herding 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
>>44229734
Raw Currency: [30] (+-4/turn)
Unique Buildings:
(You have an HQ Building of your choice in your capitol)
Wharfes-Allows the construction of ships
Defenses:

Bonuses:
New Design: You can spend one culture point to add +15 when attempting to improve ships in any way
Rugged Sailors: Your ships are less affected by negative seasonal events
Eccentricities: [generated by GM]
Heart of the Sea: Any attempt to establish non coastal towns or cities suffers a -15

Military Units: [generated by GM]
100 Medium Ships
x2 Sea Elf Platoon[x3]

Schools of FIsh
Pearls [+5 pearls/turn] [+2 Currency/turn]
Lumber+100/turn

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
>>44229185
Unique Buildings:
(You have one HQ Building of your choice in your capitol)

Bonuses:
Warrior Culture: Your people lose far less happiness from attempts to muster
Halfling Champion: Any unit that wins 3 battles will spawn a Halfling Champion Unit you also get +5 culture whenever this happens
Eccentricities:
Tribal In-Fighting: Centuries of tribal infighting means expansion on your home continent is more difficult then it should be, any medium failure or worse will spawn an enemy Halfling Champion

Military Units:
Hero Unit Middawalda Peregwulf [x4] [Unification]
*Special ability [Unification] any territory where this unit has fought a battle will gain a +15 on your attempts to expand in that territory
X2 Haffling skrimishers[X3]
X1 Halfling Champion[x3]

Herds of Deer
Lumber +200/turn
Wild Boar

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Hunting 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
What are you using to make the map?
Tool/ program and what not.
>>
>>44229219
Name: Sargeras
Ruler: Council of Elders, as they have seen the most and learned from the past.
Government Type: Elders, voted to the Council
Religion: The gods of old. A Pantheon of Orc gods, from the God of war to the God of intellect.
Race: Orcs.
Fluff: Red Orc's, From nomads to a small nation long forgetting their nomad times. As a race of Orcs, More aggressive then the avg of the other races but as time moved on, there was seen a need for progression of intellectual might instead of physical if they were to survive and grow, and we grew to be known at the strongest bookworms.

(You have one HQ Building in your capitol
Library +2 to any one research roll a turn

Bonuses:
Strongest Bookworm: Once a turn you can EITHER re-roll one research roll under 50 OR one combat roll under 3
High Orc: Your lower orc cousins think youre not orc enough and other races will never see you as more then orc, culteral boundaries affect you more then others.

X3 Orc Platoons [x3]

Rice Farms
Lumber+200/turn
Iron veins
Tin Veins

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Farming 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
>>44229392
I just realized I left the Religion blank

Religion: Cult of Promothea

Also known as "The Supreme Being" she is seen as a goddess of progress, wisdom, and science and is it is said she oversees the advancement of civilization and the arts, endearing them to reach newer heights.

She is not so much worshiped as she is invoked in the hopes of or in thanks of good fortune as well as divine guidance in all things. It is said that she spoke this: "An ounce of wisdom gained or civilization prospered is worth all the worship in the world."
>>
This game has 0 organizational structure.
>>
>>44227075
Previous Player: Yumatsu
Name: Umatsu
Ruler: Council of Elders
Religion: they belive in a spiritual world that matches with the real one in some twisted form and some kind of substance may be extract from this world to manipulate magic but at same time they fear and respect this spiritual world to try so.
Fluff: their do their best to respect the nature, thanks to their religion they dont want to alter the spiritual world although they try to develop new technologies for their progress that dont match every time.

(You have one

Bonuses: [generated by GM]
Belief in the Spirits: When dealing with supernatural events your people will get a bonus
Sensative: Your people are easily able to get in touch with the other side, this will come up from time to time
Sacred Mysticism: Through strong culteral beliefs your people are hesitent to use all things magic/supernatural
50 Medium Ships
x2 Human Platoon[x3]

Schools of Fish
Sperm Whales
Lumber +200/turn

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
>>44230058
I don't have a unique building, is that a slip or do I not have one? It's fine if not.
>>
>>44230244
There is literally a pastebin link to a set of rules.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>44227075
Hey wait a minute what country are you in the OP pic?
I claimed number 6/ those islands at the bottom right.
>>
>>44230319

I think that's old-map 6, which is new-map 2?
>>
>>44230339
No I claimed old map 11, new map 6
>>
>>44230339
Oh I see what you meant. Hopefully OP don't get them confused>>44230357
>>
>>44228148
Raw Currency: [#] (+-2) [generated by GM]
(You have one

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[(some sort of food tech based on your start)-I] (this is your starting food source and ability to use it, will be different for everyone)
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
>>44230276
Looks like lots of people didn't get a unique building.

Dorfs got a bunch of them.
>>
>>44230319
He is number 2 on the new map. I Did not think changing them would cause SO MANY problems considering I even highlighted peoples kingdoms in the same color they had last time except for Mals and the Nomads
>>
>>44230319

Sorry here it is >>44227151
>>
>>44230428
No we didn't. The standard is ''1 HQ Building'' which is what we got
>>
>>44230460
Whats that supposed to be anyway? Like a palace?
>>
>>44230474
Possibly. A longhouse, a citadel etc. Its whatever your ruler leads from and last line of defence.
>>
>>44230405
Uh, do you need more info to generate my stuff or something?
>>
>>44230488
I thought you picked it out of the ones listed while I get to make one up
>>
>>44230474
Something, what structure do you run your kingdom from?

>>44230460
>>44230428
>>44230276
All mines and other structures will be under unique buildings, everyone is starting with different advantages,

>>44230276
You have more combat related advantages then others

Looks more like he posted the template by accident.
>>
>>44230490
No FUCK! I copied the original empty version, sorry hold on
>>
>>44230284
Reported for flaming
>>
>>44230548
It's cool, take your time.
>>
>>44230405
>>44230490
Guild Hall +2 currency/turn also +10 to research rolls reguarding administration and finance

Bonuses:
Guild Coffers: You can spend 1 culture point to gain 10 curency
Ancestor Spirits: You can spend 15 currency to add +15 to one roll/turn
Golden Reputation: You suffer diplomatic penalties to any kingdom wealthier then you are

X4 Human Platoon[x3]

Gold Veins
Wheat farms
lumber +200/turn

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Farming 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
>>44230522
Ah, fair enough. I misread, obviously. Is it something I should fluff up or do I just slap a name on and thats it?

>>44230553
If you want, I could report you for time wasting or something. Or we could be mature about this and move the fuck on.
>>
>>44230522
Thanks for clearing that up. I couldn't see anything in the rules on it
>>
>>44230357
Name:Pelugians
Ruler:Each island is ruled by a council of 5 elders, with one of them attending an elder moot every 3 months for all the islands. The elder that attends rotates each time as the elders tend to be older members of the society that can't travel too much.
Government:Basically a republic/confederation of islands.
Religon:The Pelugians hold the ocean in high regard for its life giving food as well as for its frequent wrath. They therefore believe the ocean to be a conduit for the gods, some of which are helpful, while others are vengeful. The only practices of this religion is the offering of tributes in the form of a small basket containing either food or bracelets made of fish bones or fish scales/other trinkets, which is floated into the sea right before a boat takes off & the creating of shrines.
Race: Dark skinned halflings
Fluff:The Pelugians rely on the ocean to both keep their islands & people connected and for food, so they are a very sea centered culture and are a sea faring people.

Unique Buildings:

Friend of the Sea: You can re-roll 1 roll under 50 for rolls regarding the sea, I will tell you if something is not applicable
Sea Dependant: When Random events negatively effect sea trade, naval units or sea based resources they effect you more negatively

100 Medium Boats
x1 Halfling Platoon [x3]

Schools of Fish
Sea Weed beds
Wild Bananas
x100 lumber/turn

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
>>44230567
Totemic worship isn't the same as ancestor worship, but that's just fluff anyway.
>>
>>44230724
Me next?
>>
>>44227935

Raw Currency: [30] (+-2/turn) [generated by GM]
Culture: [10] (+1/turn)
(You have one HQ Building of your choice in your capitol
Temple of Sulis +1 Culture/turn

Religious Conversion: Any Kingdom(including NPC) that addopts your religion as their main faith gives you +15 Culture
Spread of Sol and Luna: You can add +15 to any roll to build a temple/church/religious whatever
Xealot: You are religious extremists, whenever you encounter a new religion roll 1d100
Haughty: Your ruling class truley believes they are better then other people

x2 High Elf Platoon[x3]
x1 Young Nobel[x3]

Lumber +200/turn
Copper Veins
Wild Grapes
Wheat

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Farming 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
>>44230725
Ooh, it does say guardian, can change the name to "guardian intervention"

>>44230763
Well except for basic resources you are getting no fluff bonuses like everyone else becasue you dont want to fill out the nation sheet, you're coming up at some point

You're not being penalized but like it says in the paste bin they are being rewarder
>>
>>44230988
>Ooh, it does say guardian, can change the name to "guardian intervention"
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>44230582
>>time wasting
>>on 4chin
>>on /tg/
>>
>>44230988
>>44226452
>>44226682
Do I need more fluff?
>>
>>44231089
>flaming
>on 4chin
>on /tg/
>>
>>44231090
Theres a set format in the pastebin dude. Try follow it.
>>
>>44230525
(You have one HQ building of your choice in your capitol)

Bonuses:
Wanderlust: You can ad +10 to attempt to expand into an unexplored hex
Home of the Gods: Whenever you discover a supernatural wonder add +10 culture
Eccentricities:
Half Vagrant Half Hollyman: You suffer certain penalties to spreading your religion and culture

Hero Unit High Chief Hravnar [x4] [HOHK]
*HOHK -"Hero of his kind" when battling orcs, spend 1 culture take control of defeated unit
x1 Orc Platoon[x3]
[x4] Wandering Holy Man[x.5]

lumber 100 lbs/turn
iron veins
Deer Herd
Wild Boar

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Hunting 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
>>44231123
>>44231090
Previous Player: Greenland
Name: Greenland
Ruler: King Greenland XV
Religion: Deist
Fluff: >>44226682
Is that good?
>>
>>44231270
Scarce. Id advise a bit more fluff but its your call dude
>>
>>44231270
That's empty mang. What sort of people? Why are they deist? Just a line or two
>>
>>44231342
>>44231305
I'm not good at writing fluff, but I'll give it a shot. Give me a moment.
>>
>>44231359
We are a smart, strong, and proud people. We have strong morals, despising pirates, cannibals, and other savages. We find ourselves to be above the other nations, what with having the current most advanced technology, though we might soon fall behind. We wish to take over the other nations, but probably won't attempt anything. We will instantly declare war on any we deem bad enough, including pirates and cannibals.
Maybe that was too much. Is it okay?
>>
>>44227524
Name: Loroen
Ruler: King Teldor
Religion: All our people follow our religion/ideology, Loroenism, described below.
Race: Humans
Fluff: When the first King of Loroen gazed out at the horizon beyond the sea, he knew that they must one day gaze upon what's there. The people of Loroen place the utmost importance on seeing things with their own eyes. They will travel leagues to see a stunning vista, fight a giant beast to see what it looks like in battle. The ideal of the Loroen is to look upon all of the things in this world, and to not attempt to do so is to squander this life.

(You have one

Bonuses:
Fervant Explorers: reroll any 1 roll under 50 each turn to expand your borders
Eccentricities:
none YET

x3 Human Platoon [x3]

Lumber +400 lbs/turn
Iron Veins
Wheat
Cotton(no joke thats what I rolled on the table I rolled on for everybody for the 1 random thing)

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Farming 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
>>44231474
Maybe roll back on the ''we is better than everyone'' unless you intend it to be ''We think we're better but we're not really'' seeing as we're meant to be starting with the same tech levels. Or maybe that would give you a research bonus? I dunno
>>
>>44231524
That's what I'm going for. A research bonus, but arrogant people.
>>
>>44231474
I'm not sure the bit about technology fits, since everyone starts at the same tech level.
>>
>>44231561
A research bonus is all that I want.
>>
>>44231474
A bit jingoistic so I guess distrusting of outsiders, getting some dwarven vibes off of it desu. We all start at the same tech level too
>>
>>44231555
Sounds viable I guess. I did through in the ''industrious'' thing in hopes of getting build bonuses

>>44231596
You get dwarven vibes off that but not me???
>>
File: Oy_Vey.jpg (56 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
Oy_Vey.jpg
56 KB, 500x562
I just realised I'm the only one so far with access to gold veins. Would be funny if Gloiningen, who worships gold, had to import its sacred metal from me.

And by funny I mean OY VEY, GOOD GOY. I'M SURE I CAN WHIP UP A SPECIAL DEAL JUST FOR YOU, VERY REASONABLE PRICES I ASSURE YOU!
>>
>>44231682
To be fair, if they dig deep enough they'll prolly find some themselves.
>>
>>44231596
ARE YOU CALLING US DWARVES?
>>44231634
I hope I didn't overstep my boundaries.
>>
>>44231509
We are the human kingdom of Greenland, ruled by King Greenland XV.
We are a majority Deist.
We are a smart, strong, and proud people. We have strong morals, despising pirates, cannibals, and other savages. We find ourselves to be above the other nations, what with having the current most advanced technology, though we might soon fall behind. We wish to take over the other nations, but probably won't attempt anything. We will instantly declare war on any we deem bad enough, including pirates and cannibals.
Maybe that was too much. Is it okay?

(You have one

Destroyer of Heathans: reroll any 1 battle roll each turn when fighting npc factions that you dont even view as savages/scum whatever
Manifest Destiny: Add+ 5 to any one roll to expand borders each turn
Eccentricities:
Imperialist: Your obvious desire to expand your borders can sometimes cause diplomatic issues with other nations ...im sure itll come up
50 ships
x2 Human Platoons [x3]

+200 lumber/turn
Saltpeter
Schools of fish

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
>>44231634
Well you are dwarves so I assumed you were dwarves. He is human yet has written something which makes me think he could have easily been dwarves.

>>44231555
Say your people are inquisitive then or like to find out how things work etc. Sounds a bit better than "we are the best because we are the best and I want X advantage".
>>
>>44231735
Fair point alright
>>
>>44231735
Well, then I wouldn't be the aggressively arrogant nation that I want to be.
>>
>>44231793
Touche hahaha guess Odd got your character right then on the sheet. This should be interesting
>>
Is there still a room ?
>>
Hey Odd, should we fluff up like HQs and stuff or is it just a name?
>>
>>44232039
Not really, the last territory was claimed a few hous ago
>>
(You have one

Bonuses:
"Oh Promothea!" Spend One Culture point to add +15 to one research roll each turn
"Thank You Promothea!" Upon Completion of a New technology gain 1 culture point
Eccentricities:
Tax Evasion: Kingdoms with Monarchies (kek) will sometimes look unfavorably upon you

10 Large Ships
100 Medium Ships
x2 Platoons [x3]

+300 Lumber/turn
Schools of fish
Coral reefs
Sulpher vents
Coal veins

Technologies:
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
>>
>>44232098
DO it, also feel free to rename your troops
>>
>>44229577
>>44230223

I never linked you
>>44232202
>>
>>44231267
Expansive in a vaguely retarded manner. Exactly as I imagined.
>>
>>44231509
>>44232202
We all start with 30 Raw Currency or some kingdoms should have a roll?
>>
>>44232486
Oh shit, everyone should have 30!

I accidentally missed correcting certain entries, just like everyone should have an HQ building but I missed that in some spots as well
>>
>>44229378

Bonuses:
Hard Days Work: You may re-roll any 1 roll under 50 each turn on a [BUILD] action
Eccentricities:
Back Breaking Pace: Your Populations happyness is sort of tied to your success(or lack of) of Build actions

50 Medium Ships
x3 Dwarf Platoons[x3]

+200/lumber turn
Walrus
Salt
Limestone
>>
>>44232595
Hold up Odd

That's 14 already, and you haven't gotten to former Baroxy yet

So one of those isn't going to be in the game
>>
>>44232660
That's #13 by my count.
>>
>>44232660
Wait my bad, one of those was the template

So just one more then
>>
>>44232682
Don't worry. After you said I counted and only got 12. I claim I'm getting into character as an orc. Not terribly hot on the maths yet.
>>
>>44232595
You forgot his tech.
>>
>>44232728
Also you may want to adopt a tripcode so nobody can start shitposting under your name.
>>
>>44232785

As much as I love being blamed for other's shitposting that's probably a reasonable idea.
>>
>>44232595
>>44232732

Tech would definitely be nice! Also, changing nation code & trip.

Also, I assume today is just nation construction, and the gameplay starts another day?
>>
File: summer.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
summer.jpg
490 KB, 1920x1200
Oh, your mines are supposed to be 50 iron each not 5 per turn

It is Summer the 150th year of the 2nd Era

Okay everyone This is the start of turn one.
However This is going to be a special turn, you will not be taking any actions.

You will get to select 5 Technologies from the list below, you can use 1 of your choices to raise any one Tech to level 2
[Mining 1]
[Smithing 1]
[Animal Husbandry 1]
[Armor Making 1]
[Sword Making 1]
[Bureaucracy 1]
[Fishing 1]
[Hunting 1]
[Gathering 1]
[Herding 1]
[Farming] 1
[Archery 1]
[Printing Press-1]
[(one instrument type) Making-1]
[Irrigation-1]

You may also use 5 Currency to purchase each item from the following list, you can only take each item once and this will never happen again

Wheat Seeds
Corn Seeds
Tomato Seeds
Rice Seeds
Potato "Seeds" (hunks of Potato)
25 Bee Hives
Herd of Cattle
Herd of Goats
5000 Lumber
1000 Iron
5000 Limestone
100 Gold
100 Silver
500 Bronze Swords
100 Iron Swords
100 Iron Armor
Local Map
100 Medium Ships
Double Population for 4 tuns
1 Temple
A Note Concerning Population, make that +20 a turn, not 2.

I will not be replying to any turns untill Tomorrow at 11 am EST Where I will post the new map and answer any question
>>
>>44233034
Oh, weapon making 1, writing 1, hunting 1 and survival 1
>>
>>44233353
You missed me coach.
>>
>>44233300
This may be a stupid question, but I know nothing about farming and shit: What's the difference between Herding and Animal Husbandry?
>>
>>44233300
[Mining 1]
[Smithing 1]
[Farming 1]
[Printing Press 2]
Wheat Seeds
Corn Seeds
25 Bee Hives
Local Map
100 Medium Ships
>>
>>44233371
Oh shit, I completely missed you. Fuck I'm tired as hell, I'll post yours tomorrow,

You have 30 currency,

start techs are

weapon making 1
Hunting 1
writing 1
survival 1

your start resources are
200 lumber/turn
Buffalo
tin veins
>>44233300
God Damnit you always miss something, or I seem to.
add [Ship making 1] to that list
>>
>>44233519
While you're still here, can you tell me what the differences are between:
>Herding and Animal Husbandry
>Weapon Making and Sword Making
?
>>
>>44233574
weapon making is described in the paste bin where it talks about your starting techs and herding is like, keeping a sheep or cow herd healthy and whatever

Animal husbandry is breeding animals
>>
>>44233519
If we purchase 500 Bronze Swords/100 Iron Swords/100 Iron Armor/100 Ships, can we reverse engineer them?
>>
>>44233619
Ah ok, thanks.
>>
>>44233519
[Mining 1]
[Smithing 1]
[Armor Making 1]
[Sword Making 1]
[Farming 1]
Buy
Potato "Seeds"
Rice Seeds
5000 Lumber
Local Map
100 Iron Swords
100 Iron Armor
>>
>>44233519
I have work tomorrow until about 7 hours after the start time. But I should be on after that... Hopefully I won't miss to much if you do decide to do a turn
>>
>>44233300
So these are in addition to our starting techs right? So can we upgrade a starting tech to 2 with one point?
>>
>>44233300
[Smiting 1]
[Bureaucracy 1]
[Mining 1]
[Printing Press 1]
[Herding 1]
And for Currency
Wheat Seeds
Corn Seeds
Tomato Seeds
1 Temple
100 Medium Ships
Herd of Cattle
>>
>>44233703
Yes
>>44233681
Probably only 1 large turn each day will be done, maybe 2 if a majority of people post very fast

>>44233629
I mean, sorta? this is pretty basic stuff and researching the techs won be difficult just take time
>>
>>44233784
>>44233496
I take out 25 Bee Hives and add 100 Iron Armor and 100 Iron Swords.
>>
>>44233300

[Gathering 1]
[Guitar Making 1]
[Irrigation 1]
[Farming 1]
[Ship making 1]

Wheat Seeds
Tomato Seeds
1 Temple
Local Map
>>
>>44233300
My tech choices are:

> Mining 1
> Smithing 1
> Ship making 1
> Farming 1
> Archery 1

I will buy:

> Rice seeds
> 25 bee hives
> 100 medium ships
> Wheat seeds
> Double population for 4 turns
>>44233784
Hopefully people aren't fast...Then I can catch up later! You can assume I'm going to go for fishing then invade my Hobbit neighbours. Midderland belongs to Peregwulf!
>>
>>44233854
And upgrade [Survival 2]
>>
>>44233300
Technologies: Mining, Smithing, Armour Making, Drum Making, Sword Making (can I refluff this as Axe Making for extra dorfy goodness?)

Purchases: Potato Seeds, 1 Temple to the Ancestors, Double Population for 4 Turns
>>
>>44233300
Upgrade [Survival 2]
>>
>>44233933
>>44233300
No wait, ignore that.

I don't want ships right now. I'll take a Local Map instead. Not entirely sure what benefit it will bring me, but I like the idea of knowing where I am.

So the new list becomes

[Irrigation 1]
[Bureaucracy 1]
[Printing Press 1]
[Animal Husbandry 1]
[Herding 1]

Tomato Seeds
Potato "Seeds"
25 Bee Hives
Herd of Cattle
Herd of Goats
Local Map
>>
>>44233897
>>44233854
Bro that's 6 tech choices.

The upgrade counts as one of your choices.
>>
>>44233913
Fluff for the Fluff God:
HQ- Battleborn Keep: A round stone tower formed of fine black marble with good views of the surrounding locales, built with defense in mind

Dwarf Platoons = Kriegerteil
Armament: Each Kriegerteil is divided between spear dwarves and bow dwarves, with 2 speardwarves for every 1 bowdwarf
>>
>>44233353
>>44233300

Ah, thanks!

So...
Base Techs:
Weapon Making 1
Writing 1
Hunting 1
Survival 1

+ The Following Tech Selections

[Bureaucracy 1]
[Mining 1]
[Farming 1]
[Irrigation 1]
[Herding 1]

And the Following initial currency purchases:

100 Gold (We worship the stuff, so... kinda important to have some around to venerate!)
Wheat Seeds
Seed Potatoes
Herd of Goats
25 Bee Hives
Local Map
>>
>>44234110

You need archery for bows, buddy...Which I happen to have. I also think I'm close to you and I have my own ships.

Maybe we could make contact once the game has begun and discuss.
>>
>>44234437
Well, weapon making is meant to cover bows and spears. I assume your tech is more about more specialised Archery and such

But yes, if you are interested we might trade.
>>
File: what the fuck man.png (112 KB, 285x356) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck man.png
112 KB, 285x356
To late to join in on this thread?
>>
>>44234502
I'm afraid so, Darth Vader.
>>
File: WHY.jpg (10 KB, 256x200) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg
10 KB, 256x200
>>44234521
Damn. This looked like fun to.

Oh well. Have fun anons. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.
>>
>>44234540
This is only the beta. Lurk the thread and you might see when the finished version goes live
>>
File: tumblr_m0avmqgb0T1qaajwq.jpg (19 KB, 296x320) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0avmqgb0T1qaajwq.jpg
19 KB, 296x320
>>44233300
>[(one instrument type) Making-1]
Does that include Mayonnaise?
>>
>>44233300
I'm posting on my phone now so the poster count will go up.
Tech choices are:
[Archery 1]
[Herding 1]
[Animal Husbandry 1]
Upgrade fishing to [Fishing 2]
[Armor Making 1]
Also I will buy:
100 medium ships
25 beehives
Herd of goats
5000 lumber
5000 limestone
Local map
>>
>>44233300
Okay, so

[Mining 1]
Upgrade to [Farming 2]
[Hunting 1]
[Fishing 1]
[Ship Building 1]

Corn Seeds
Tomato Seeds
Rice Seeds
Potato "Seeds"
Local Map
Double Population for 4 turns

You better believe we're gonna be everywhere
>>
>>44233300

[Gathering 1]
[Guitar Making 1]
[Irrigation 1]
[Farming 1]
[Ship making 1]
>No upgrades

Wheat Seeds
Tomato Seeds
5000 Lumber
1 Temple
Local Map
>>
>>44233300
>>44233496
>>44233821
So here's the final lineup.
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
+
[Mining 1]
[Smithing 1]
[Farming 1]
[Printing Press 2]
Wheat Seeds
Corn Seeds
100 Iron Swords
100 Armor
Local Map
100 Medium Ships
>>
>>44233767
i'll change Tomato Seeds
for Double Population for 4 turns
>>
>>44233300
Really surprised that I don't have Ship Making as a stock technology but it shall not stop my hardy sea-elves of the North!

[Ship Making ]
Upgrade to [Fishing 2]
[Animal Husbandry 1]
[Herding 1]
[Archery 1]

Potato "Seeds"
Double Population for 4 turns
100 Medium Ships
100 Iron Swords
Local Map

HQ Shepard's Harbor - A naturally fortified fjord that has been used as a place of refuge in times of hardship on land and sea. It is best known for it's twin stone lighthouses that sit at the mouth of the harbor.

Elven Platoon => Aldane Reavers - fierce ocean raiders focussing on raiding enemy coastlines and shipping routes.
>>
>>44235877
>[Herding 1]
>[Archery 1]
>No animals
>>
>>44234611
>>44233300
I'm switching my [Armor making 1] to [Ship making 1]
>>
>>44233300
Stats
http://pastebin.com/v09LQNqb

Base Techs:
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
+
1 Tech [Smithing 1]
1 Tech + 1 Upgrade [Printing Press 2]
1 Tech [Violin Making-1]
1 Tech [Irrigation-1]

30 Currency on
-25 Bee Hives
-100 Medium Ships
-1000 Iron
-Herd of Cattle
-Corn Seeds
>>
>>44236047
Gee wiz thanks for catching that I meant to change the taters to goats.

>>44233300
>>44235877
Changing: Potato "Seeds" to Herd of Goats
>>
>>44236498
Edit. Change 100 Medium Ships to Corn Seeds
>>
>>44233300
[Herding 1]
[Hunting 1]
[Archery 1]
[Harp Making 1]
[Bureaucracy 1]

Tomato Seeds
Herd of Cattle
Local Map
500 Bronze Swords
1 Temple (if I can't have a second one take 25 Bee Hives instead)
>>
Question: Is it assumed that all players know eachother from the get-go (and can thus engage in communications and trade), or do you need to discover the other nations first?
>>
>>44233300

Tech:
>[Fishing I]
>[Smithing I]
>[Herding I]
>[Animal Husbandry I]
>[Archery I]

Purchases:
Herd of Cattle
Herd of Goats
5000 Lumber
1000 Iron
Double Pop for 4 turns
I'll keep the last 5. Never know when some wonga comes in handy.

HQ Building: High Chief's Hillfort. A fortress on a hill overlooking the capital. A maze of wooden palisades and stake filled trenches with space inside for the local people and their herds in times of trouble. Not luxurious or particularly impressive to look at, but easy to defend and miserable to attack. Any attacker will be doing the spartan challenge while orcs pelt them with arrows and javellins.
>>
>>44236498

Dude, you're getting corn and irrigation but you don't have farming.

Also, fuck some of these societies developed printing presses quickly. Some of them have got machinery and paper before they've managed to work out how to put a cow in a field and shit.
>>
>>44242814
Yeah, I was thinking giving that technology out is a bit unfair... I mean it comes right at the end of the medieval period while most of the other ones are like pre Roman.
>>
>>44242814
>>44243471
The beauty of being a research specific nation. We can learn.

To be fair, it works in the purview of my societies fluff in that while we brought a lot of smart people with technology and engineering not a whole lot of us entrepreneurs and scholars were farm hands, and might have overlooked bringing in farming expertise when they did bring supplies.

I simply chose the technologies which would be a bit more difficult to learn.

>>44243471
I actually feel these are a good idea.

The additional technologies are meant to be just that, additions, extras and supplements you purchase, rather than the basis of a society. Something to help speed the game along.

No matter what we were going to have to devote effort on some of the basic technologies like farming, architecture, or smithing just like it was in the last game or in any other similar game starting from scratch. This simply speeds up the process and allows a unique take on things.
>>
File: 40-Medieval Town.jpg (166 KB, 1272x821) Image search: [Google]
40-Medieval Town.jpg
166 KB, 1272x821
I like to think that all of our nations are living in the same era of technological and cultural advancement and have a basic understanding of advancements common to the time to the point that we can survive.

It's just that some of us simply had the resources, ability, or circumstance to have a unique set of advancements or equipment than the other. We all know about advanced farming, ship building, road-working at the likes, but not all of us have become proficient at them.

A bit like how Sparta and Athens were both greek and lived in the same era, but one was far more focused on military and warfare while the other was more culturally and economically focused and in many ways each had something they were specifically lacking and had to learn or aquire later.
>>
>>44243882
Kind of like the position a lot of European societies where in after the fall of Rome.
>>
>>44243798

Don't worry, I'm not trying to cause trouble, it's just my autism kicking in because printing press is 13th century while all the other techs in the list predate the start of recorded history. I orginally more pointed it out for amusement than a genuine complaint.
>>
>>44243882
A sensible view to take on it. Specialisation and expertise rather than actual core knowledge. I'm happy to go with that.
>>
>>44236498
Truth be told I still need to adjust this. . .to fit a more immediate gameplan I have in mind.

Base Techs:
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
+
1 Tech + 1 Upgrade [Farming 2]
1 Tech [Animal Husbandry 1]

30 Currency on
-25 Bee Hives
-Potato "Seeds" (hunks of Potato)
-Tomato Seeds
-Herd of Cattle
-Corn Seeds

This is the Updated Tech Purchases for New Venicia
>>
>>44244514

Sorry old chap, only one level 2 tech was allowed.
>>
>>44244674
Blast.

Base Techs:
[Weapon Making I]
[Fishing 1]
[Writing-I]
[Survival-I]
+
1 Tech [Farming 1]
1 Tech [Irrigation 1]
1 Tech [Animal Husbandry 1]

30 Currency on
-25 Bee Hives
-Potato "Seeds" (hunks of Potato)
-Tomato Seeds
-Herd of Cattle
-Corn Seeds
>>
Is the game resuming here or is there to be a new thread?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.