[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmahordes general /wmg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 36
File: Warmahordes.png (258 KB, 595x326) Image search: [Google]
Warmahordes.png
258 KB, 595x326
Dead during the holidays edition

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <DOT> com / 5rkfo
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
> https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
> https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
> http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Aug%202015.pdf
Steamroller Rules
> http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
> http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
> http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged: http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
>abridged devastation: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Goddamn, there hasn't been a thread for over a day. What the hell are you all doing making me roll out a thread?
>>
>Nobody posts in these threads
>nobody makes new threads

ded thred ded gem.
>>
>>44221326
Painting denny3 all day and not having a computer
>>
Been playing lists for team tourney.

As the resident Convergence player, it's my job to fall under the bus, pretty much.
>>
>>44221506
Anon.

DUAL AXIOM
FATHER "THE BIG BAD ROBOT BRICK" LUCANT
AXIS "DERANGED AND SPAMMED"

Are not these good enough?
>>
>>44221640
Oh no, I'm perfectly happy with my position as speed bump.

Because I'm one fucking hell of a speed bump.

Pairing non-colossal take all comers Synth with PA Lucant.

Lucant list is
PA
Corollary
Inverter
Recips
Engima
Engima
Steelsoul
Reductors min
Optifex
Optifex

Boring as all hell, but it walks forward, doesn't die, and basically just clocks the shit out of them. So my job is to just run into any tough match ups for the team that aren't scenario and force them to deal with me.
>>
>>44221459
>Nobody posts in these threads
>nobody makes new threads
Good. They're crap and filled with the worst of the community. Just let them die already.
>>
>>44221676
What kind of matchups do you expect to get dropped into?
>>
>>44222277
Lot of Legion, some Menoth, Circle if anyone is running Bradigus.
>>
>>44221459
>>44221326

Just busy with other stuff. I hardly game at all anymore. So uhhh.... What do we talk about?
>>
>>44222396
how everything is ruined forever.
>>
>>44222350
Well then Lucant really is a pretty obvious choice. Have you got a TEP? I've heard Legion really appreciated getting hit by that thing.

Out of curiosity: How does one play CoC into Bradigus.
>>
>>44222805
The problem with the TEP into Legion is that it's more than capable of hurting a heavy, but it can't kill one unless it gets super lucky.

And Lucant is actually one of the best matches for Bradigus, even pre nerf. Purification means that Brad can never go for the assassination himself, and Lucant can afford to piece trade since he can close the game himself if need be. Plus, most of Bradigus's gimmicks Lucant just doesn't really care about.
>>
>>44222958
Thanks for the info. Are there no pieces in CoC that can finish off a wounded heavy properly? Because that would most certainly make the TEP work in that matchup.
>>
File: drunk dog.gif (734 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
drunk dog.gif
734 KB, 220x220
I'm looking at making a stormblade in an IKRPG campaign a friend is gonna run. How effective are they? I was thinking going either mighty with soldier for damage, or military officer with skilled for more versatility/support.
>>
>>44223469
Skilled is arguably better than Mighty for raw damage, because Virtuoso is so fucking good for a single-weapon class like Stormblade. Two attacks with 3k2 dice on attack AND damage will crank out more than just one 3d6 damage against everything but super high armor stuff, and it'll apply to the Stormblade's ranged component as well.

Stormblade itself is a good class for front-line fighting, you get some of the heaviest armor available, a strong and versatile weapon, and good abilities to back it up.
>>
>>44223515
That's kinda what I was thinking, taht skilled might do more damage than mighty overall, but mighty is better against higher arm targets. The campaign is going to be a group of mercenaries recovering orgoth artifacts for The Golden Crucible in Ord. So i'm just wondering if I should go full meathead with him or have some sort of way to support the others and do backup skills. The DM is allowing me to play a mercenary stormblade.
>>
I'm buying into warmachine today. Legion or ret? I'm having a hard time deciding.

I love colossals/gargs, and I think the blight bringer and both of rets colossals are quite good. The casters I want to play are

Legion; abs2, ethag, pthag, Kallus, bethane, epic twins (less so)
Ret; thyron, issyra, rahn, evyros, ravyn (less so)

I love ret aesthetics but some of their older models need updates. Legion looks fine. Some pieces look good but nothing gets me excited like a hyperion.

My meta is almost pure warmachine, no hordes except a couple skorne players.

I can't even wrap my head around ret's style beyond shooting stuff and some cheesy alphas. I know they're more than that, though. Any insight would be great.
>>
>>44225155
Welcome man. From what I've gathered from online and through the guys at the flgs, it breaks down like this:

Legion
Absylonia2 and Thags1 are pretty legit from my experience. Thags1 is really going to like the Blightbringer, especially in his old tier list. Possible list (Tier3) would be Thags1, Blightbringer, Carnivean, 2x Max Pot, 2x Ogrun Warspears with the unit attachment, and an Ogrun Chieftain. Abby2 likes running a few melee beasts for an overwhelming alpha strike. Possible list is Abby2, Scythean, Scythean, Carnivean, Seraph, Raek, Naga, Shredder, Succubus, Forsaken, Forsaken, Shepard

Generally, a good buy-in for Legion is:
-Legion half of 2-player starter set
-2x plastic heavy kits (builds Carnivean/Scythean/Ravagore)
-2x Angelius kits
-Spell Martyrs
-2x Forsaken
-2x Shepard
-Pot
>>
>>44225600
>Generally, a good buy-in for Legion is:
Add a Seraph. It's really good in most lists.
>>
>>44225600
(Cont)
As a note, if your meta is mainly Warmachine and Skorne, I'd highly advise looking in to both of the Vayls. Vayl1 hurts Skorne something fierce and Vayl2 deals with infantry well.

Retribution:
Kinda stuck in a rut as far as casters go. Vyros2 with many Griffons answers a lot of problems for the faction. That said, Thyron, Issyra, Rahn, and Kaelyssa (esp with her Force Wall tier) are all pretty good from my understanding. Having played against quite a bit of Rahn, his Fires From On High tier lists should nit be underestimated, especially with a Hyperion in the list.
>>
>>44225654
Thank you so much for all the great info. I'm honestly more interested in ret aesthetically. Imperatus, hyperion, halberdiers, aiyana and Holt, wishnayler, eiryss, idk. Electromancers seem great, too. Storm fall archers, mhsf. I just don't know if I'll enjoy how fragile they are. Like what do they bring as a faction? Legion is great at alpha and initiating. Is ret similar in that regard?
>>
Am I the only one tired of "wait for UA/WA/Solo/caster/lock" to fix unit X

I'm not saying every unit needs to be 100% viable in any list in any configuration, but it is sort of tiring that the only way to run some units is to go full ham with them. Or in the case of bad units, wait years until a fix comes out.

for example exemplar errants pretty much need to be run with 10 man with ua, and maybe the solo (if not two)
>>
>>44225750
My experience with Ret is facing them across the table as a Skorne player, so keep that in mind.

99% of the time, I end up playing against Vyros2 Griffin spam or Ossyan simply because your faction seems to be designed around your good single wound infantry getting a crippling alpha strike, but has major problems vs heavy armor backed up by models good at clearing single wound infantry. So against Skorne, who typically bring Nihlators/Croak Raiders and Incindiarii backed up by multiple heavies or 20+ 8 wound infantry models with guns and/or weaponmaster, you need a list that can trade well early to put you way ahead because you won't win a long attrition game. Vyros2 with many Griffins anchored by Imperatus lets you trade well vs heavies and crack armor pretty well while also being a durable list and having a decent assassination. Ossyan's feat turns your guns into weaponmasters, so your ranged presence can put the hurt on my stuff (in theory), but Skorne has a LOT of anti-shooting tech baked into the faction, so be careful about going too all-in on his feat.

You should fair pretty decently vs most Warmachine lists because Halberdiers, Riflemen, and Invictors are excellent while MHSF and Battle Mages make most warcasters clench their buttholes in terror.
>>
>>44226842
I don't know why this is so hard for me to choose. Ret has some trickier manipulation stuff I love and the aesthetics are real. If they had a multi wound infantry unit it wouldn't be close, but they don't. Rahn thyron and issyra will be my first three if I buy them, so like

Halbs/ua
Hyperion
Imperatus
2x battle mages
Eiryss2
Mhsf
The 3 casters mentioned
Syliss
Idk what else is essential.
>>
>>44227456
Definitely get a Thane for the Halberdiers and Riflemen. He makes them faster and lets them ignore stealth.
>>
>>44227456
Make sure you're getting the UA with the MHSF
>>
>>44225750
All of the models look fantastic, but as other anons have pointed out Ret's biggest struggle is against things that can clear a lot of your infantry. You'll have an uphill learning curve for the most part, but don't let your losses discourage you. Git gud and represent the elf jihad!
>>
Any more information from you guys before I make the plunge? Going to do it in like 10 minutes
>>
>>44228729

legion is easier to start with but you will find yourself missing them if you switch factions
>>
>>44228729
Both have super hard alpha strikes, legion is probably the easier faction to work with as they have eyeless sight and pathfinder on a good chunk of their models, but ret has some pretty cheesy guys too. If you stick with legion, I highly recommend the Blight Makes Right podcast.
>>
>>44228729
Just go legion.

Just do it.

You'll thank me later when you actually win more than you lose.
>>
>>44229663
I ordered like 400 bucks of Legion and I've been listening to their podcast. :)
>>
Holy shit why is this thread dying?
>>
I'm looking into getting into Warmachine but I"ve got a problem.

I don't like the Retribution. I like the general theme of the jacks that Ios has and it's military but the Retribution shit me off.

Is there a way to play Ios (Like you play Cygnar or Khador) rather than Retribution?
>>
>>44234407
not really, the retribution basically is the military if ios now.
>>
>>44234469

Doesn't Ios have multiple military houses for that though?
>>
>>44234495
Since they got Nyssor back and the retribution has basically shown it's getting 'results', most of the major houses have begun to work with Ret.
>>
>>44234364
solved game.
Just like how checkers used to be more popular than chess before it was solved, warmahordes popularity will plummet until it is only played by old men and children
>>
>>44234513

Dammit. That's kinda shitty.

I really don't want to go with Retribution despite liking the jacks for the Iosans.

But then, I guess the Seekers being 'Hey, let's try diplomacy and cooperation' were never going to get to achieve anything because it doesn't involve TT battles.

How is Cygnar? They also seem to have decent riflemen.
>>
>>44234679
Cygnar has a few decent units, but really most of your infantry would be mercenaries with them. The average cygnar troop is a bit more expensive than it should be.
>>
>>44234407
You don't need to use Mage Hunters or fluff your army as Retribution.
>>
>>44234695

So Cygnar almost never uses Cygnar troops?

What army can put riflemen on the table and make them work then? I was told that Khadoran Rifle Corp are not worth it compared to just throwing more Winter Guard at a problem.
>>
As a khador player, I'm deciding what other mercs I should get. I have Orrick, Ashley, Holt, and Alexia & the Risen, is there anything else I need? I was thinking ragman and/or Cylena & Hunters.
>>
>>44234734
>I was told that Khadoran Rifle Corp are not worth it compared to just throwing more Winter Guard at a problem.

Rifle Corps and Infantry serve very different niches. Infantry are the go to most of the time because they're extremely versatile. Rifle Corps are more niche and serve mostly as a ranged support unit with some control capability, but they're a good unit.

You'll almost never see more than one Winter Guard unit on the table at a time, though, since they really want Kovnik Joe and he can only support one unit.
>>
>>44234720

He can't avoid it, really. Every warcaster is a member of the Retribution.
>>
Speaking of Legion I feel like I'm using my Hex Hunters and Raek wrong. I find it especially weird since I've seen some competitive lists that run two or three Raeks, and I can't wrap my head around why.

Any advice?
>>
>>44234746
Eiryss2.
>>
>>44234827
>Every warcaster is a member of the Retribution.
Then just refluff them.

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
>>
>>44234833
Damn I forgot one, Yeah i also have her.
>>
I'm not sureif I should go full retard this weekend and field scaverous and denny3 at my local steamroller. I'm in the middle of painting denny and I dont have any expirience with her. Also Scaverous is a terrible blast and I dont own croes for TK fun times
>>
>>44234734
>So Cygnar almost never uses Cygnar troops?
Not exactly, most of their infantry is good but only with specific casters (Gunmages and Black 13th being the exceptions, they're good in any list), while the Merc units can slot into almost any list without blinking.

The only 100% duds in Cygnar are Long Gunners (who ironically are really good with Fiona the Black in mercs) and Precursor Knights (who are "good" with ConnieB, but she's shit), all the others have at least one caster that likes to take them and can be played competitively.
>>
>>44234832

alwasy remember that leap exists and jam as much infantry as you can while killing a couple each turn. a raek with tenacity is very hard for infantry to deal with without charge, weaponmaster, or gang and they can't afford to take a free strike
>>
>>44238009

Ah, the Long Gunners where what I was hoping to use.

As I'm wanting to get my Rifle on.
>>
>>44223143
Sling some puncture servitors into the wounded heavy. Use a unit of charging recipricators.
>>
I want to get into Ret but all I ever see people talk about is Rahn.

Would I be stupid to build around Vyros 1?

Or should I just start working on my Gatorman army.
>>
>>44239887
That's because Rahn is one of Ret's stronger casters. Generally it goes something like this competitively:

Kaelyssa "Force Wall" or eVyros (Griffon Spam/"Guardians at the Gate")

+

One of:

>Gunline
Issyria, Ravyn, Ossyan, Rahn "Fires from on High"

>All Comers
Rahn, Ossyan, Issyria, Thyron

Garryth is basically never used
Kaelyssa isn't used out of tier
pVyros is rarely used and if used comes in three forms:
>Double Hyperion
>Legions of Dawn tier 2
>Dawn's Talon
>>
File: 41103_GhordsonEarthbreaker_WEB.jpg (360 KB, 520x676) Image search: [Google]
41103_GhordsonEarthbreaker_WEB.jpg
360 KB, 520x676
Yandere Earthbreaker-kun just wants your caster's love and attention
>>
File: lucant.jpg (342 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
lucant.jpg
342 KB, 600x600
>>44241047
You can shoot at Lucant all day long, he can take it.
>>
>>44241132
guess gorten will just have to win on scenario then.
>>
>>44241047
I think gaspy3 can aswell with his feat
>>
>>44241323
And how's he going to do that when the TEP killed all his dudes?
>>
>>44241484
the rabbit hole goes deep
>>
>>44234407
At this point, the Retribution might as well be called Ios. Most of their troops are Iosian without being directly related to the Retribution.
>>
>>44234734
>I was told that Khadoran Rifle Corp are not worth it compared to just throwing more Winter Guard at a problem.
That depends. With Vlad2, the Rifle Corps turn into Gods of Death.
>>
>>44237009
>denny3
Well how many Helldivers do you have.
>>
>>44238236
Also, a few servitor mines might be able to do the job. They're particularly fun against Legion as dig in grants cover, not concealment.
>>
>>44239887
He might be fun witht he new Colossal.
>>
File: mak3.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mak3.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
>>44241047
Then come here and get some.
>>
File: F_Mercenaries_Ashlynn.png (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
F_Mercenaries_Ashlynn.png
2 MB, 800x600
Just came to claim waifu.
>>
File: denny.jpg (173 KB, 592x1072) Image search: [Google]
denny.jpg
173 KB, 592x1072
>>44242537
>not claiming superior waifu that is skilled in every method you could possibly imagine.
>>
>>44242537
more superior waifu material.
>>
File: ashlynn.jpg (194 KB, 769x1008) Image search: [Google]
ashlynn.jpg
194 KB, 769x1008
>>44242550
I don't like waifu that's blowing some random trencher. My waifu is pure.
>>
File: Feora_2_by_Equisx.jpg (67 KB, 600x859) Image search: [Google]
Feora_2_by_Equisx.jpg
67 KB, 600x859
>>44242563
>implying some sellsword mercenary isn't just a whore
>>
>>44242577
Why doesn't she have legs?
>>
>>44242609
lift her skirt and find them
>>
File: grissel2.jpg (615 KB, 795x1014) Image search: [Google]
grissel2.jpg
615 KB, 795x1014
>>44242616
Great waifu!
>>
File: janissa.jpg (153 KB, 798x1014) Image search: [Google]
janissa.jpg
153 KB, 798x1014
>>44242632
Have more troll waifus!
>>
File: braylen.jpg (172 KB, 795x1014) Image search: [Google]
braylen.jpg
172 KB, 795x1014
>>44242721
>>
>>44227456

Rahn needs an arc node, probably a chimera if you're running fires cause of how many points that Hyperion is taking.
>>
What kind of utility magic or cantrips would the arcane users of IK or unleashed use in their respective settings? What about sperate careers or types of magic?
>>
>>44242014
Man, every time I look at Makeda3, I really, really wish she had some kind of battlegroup buff. Incite would have been perfect for her.
>>
>>44241977
>>
>>44242537
Best husbando coming through
>>
Hey guys, can anyone tell me the best coc heavy to buy a friend who just got the battle box?
>>
>>44246808
Either one of the jack kits would be good.

Syntherion plays really well with all of CoC's warjacks.

A floater kit gives him access to three jacks he doesn't have, while the quad leg kit gives him two(since the Cipher is in the BB).

Another thing to do is to get him the Corollary(which is nigh required for Syntherion in later point levels) and a Diffuser(which Synth really really likes).
>>
>>44246808
Get him the floater kit. Syntherion specifically loves the Modulator, the pew pew laser gun looking one.
>>
>>44247390
Synth loves them all.
>>
Bumping the thread or else it will be dead.
>>
File: good_luck_im_behind_7000_BANES.jpg (175 KB, 1424x842) Image search: [Google]
good_luck_im_behind_7000_BANES.jpg
175 KB, 1424x842
>>44249503
Not dead yet.

....Undead!
>>
I almost picked up another faction for this game, but PP doesn't seem to be doing so hot. I'm gonna invest in Dystopian Wars/Legions

If I'm gonna play a dead game, I might as well like the models.
>>
Hey guys. There are rumors my PG heard that Krielstone aura might be nerfed to +1 ARM and that Warders might lose Weapon Master.
While warders I could stomach, then nerfing the aura around which TBs are balanced sounds quite unreasonable, to say the least.
>>
Whoes a good learning caster in trolls?
>>
>>44250653
Any caster. Depends on the playstyle. Do you want beast brick, infantry brick, fast infantry or shooty?
>>
File: 1450078414238.jpg (154 KB, 580x472) Image search: [Google]
1450078414238.jpg
154 KB, 580x472
>>44250553
>Believing anything your PG says
You're adorable

>>44250653
What kind of army do you want to play?
>>
>>44250653
pMadrak, pDoomshaper, eGrissel, pBorka, pGrim.... It depends.
>>
File: 1436823834457.jpg (225 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1436823834457.jpg
225 KB, 3000x3000
>>44250553
>>
>>44250683
>>44250685
>>44250716
Well I play cryx now, so a beast brick sounds like it would be fun
>>
>>44251372
Doomshaper, Gunbjron, Madrak1, and Calandra all play various types of beast bricks.
>>
Hey, I'm gonna get some khador cavalry soon, some outriders and the iron fang uhlans with their solo. And tips for me? Not quite sure what cavalry do. They have special rules, right? Casters I have are the first two sorcha's and the first two butchers.
>>
File: 1450318340950.gif (32 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
1450318340950.gif
32 KB, 350x400
Time to bust out those wallets boys and girls

http://privateerpress.com/step-up-your-game
>>
File: e270bf9e.jpg (15 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
e270bf9e.jpg
15 KB, 320x310
Why do I bother with this stupid game?
>>
>>44253133
I don't know. I really liked it but the older I get the less enthused I am about playing it.

Work is the main outlet OG my problem solving energies... Warmachine feels more like work than it does a game currently.

I'm scoping out other games to play that aren't so crunchy. Might as well ride the Guild Ball wave while the Wave is high.
>>
>>44253521
Guildball's pretty crunchy though.
>>
File: 55 - FQ874.jpg (44 KB, 384x336) Image search: [Google]
55 - FQ874.jpg
44 KB, 384x336
>>44253632
>No one told me this

>FUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>44253839
What, you don't got teeth? Just chew
>>
At what point do you stop trying? I've been a PG for a while but lately all my work just leads to nothing. Either people just don't show up or their just assholes.

Gets kind of irritating after a while
>>
>>44253946
>Cast in the name of powergaming gods.
>YE NOT GUILTY

Well I'm invested now. My biggest headache in Warmachine was listbuilding and how pigeonholed I always felt when not playing Cryx.

*sigh* Oh well.
>>
>>44254117
I dunno. Our last two PG's seemed to have a similar mindset. Their biggest issue was that they tried to do new player generation events, but the local players wanted nothing to do with it. Casual events were balked at. Foodmachine was completely ignored. The community only cared about Steamrollers, so that was all they did. This kills the PG.

All this is made worse by the fact that the new player stock you get in is usually the worse part of the MTG community mixed in with the folk that are attracted to the theme but are looking for a cheaper fantasy fix than Kings of War or Age of Sigmar.

The latter may not stick around, but the former can drive people away(at it's worst) or just feed into the "Comp Comp Comp" funnel.

Have you talked to your players? How many of them do you have?
>>
>>44254305
We have a ton of players here but they don't turn up for events. There's zero interest in leagues or Steamrollers I'd be happy with anything being successful or new players. Instead I just have pile of assholes that can't be bothered to show up for a regular game night on Thursday or Friday
>>
>>44254121

Steamforged has already done erratas for the sake of Balance

Only team that hasn't won a sanctioned tournament is Engineers

There are no points only Captain,Mascot, 4 players requirement, so build team as desired for outcome.

As it stand right now not a whole lot of choices for list building

You're fine
>>
>/wmg/-guildball and dead games
>>
I don't get it. My Wm community is huge and healthy. You guys are such whiners.
>>
>>44259313
Enjoy it while you can
>>
>>44259313
enjoy your puddle, because the ocean's draining.
>>
>>44260036
>>44260163
>my anecdotal evidence is better than yours

>>44259313
It's just an American problem. And even there it's localized. In Europe the game is booming. PP had (and to some extend still has) trouble meeting the demand for models in the recent past.
>>
What are some options that Thyra likes to take? A friend of mine bought her as a gift for me, and I've been wanting to build a half decent list for her.
>>
Other than the material and ease of assembly, what's the difference between the metal and resin Crabjacks? I'm not a fan of how skinny the resin Slayer kit is compared to the old metal one and was thinking about picking up the Classic Harrower and Leviathan kits if they're a bit bulkier than their modern counterparts. If anyone has both and can post a face-on comparison shot, that would be perfect.
>>
>>44263074

got a 35 point tournament soon made 2 all comer lists. C&C?

Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight (*5pts) tier 4
* Carnivean (11pts)
* Scythean (9pts)
Blighted Ogrun Warspears (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
* Warspear Chieftan (2pts)
Blighted Ogrun Warspears (Leader and 2 Grunts) (5pts)
* Warspear Chieftan (2pts)
Spawning Vessel (Leader and 5 Grunts) (3pts)
Warmonger War Chief (0pts)

Vayl, Disciple of Everblight (*6pts)
* Angelius (9pts)
* Scythean (9pts)
* Typhon (12pts)
Blighted Nyss Legionnaires (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Spawning Vessel (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
1 Spell Martyr (1pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)
>>
>>44263074
I've always thought the metal crabs looked not great
>>
File: 20151216_204648.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151216_204648.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Anyone got any painting projects? My denny3 is coming along
>>
>>44265797

Nothing to show at the moment. Finally got around to getting a Spawning Vessel, so I'm putting that together.

Also need to finish painting Typhon at some point.
>>
>>44265797
Hee, that looks like someone smeared bubblegum all over your model.
>>
I'm also in the middle of painting my bokor
>>
File: 20151216_104244.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151216_104244.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>44266030
Derp need a picture

>>44265992
S-shut up!
>>
>>44266047
Pretty pink bubblegum, all over your black, bone and brass model.
>>
>>44238087
Longgunners are actually good with Caine. Either p or e, but pCaine longgunners are surprising.

That dude was dead on about each troop basically only being good with their caster, I guess he just didn't see Caine longgunners on the table yet. Two units is necesary, because they're basically immobile and one can be ignored. Two can't because of their firing fields and volume of CRAs
>>
>>44238009
To be more specific, Connie's a shit Cyngar caster and a decent merc caster.
>>
>>44242721
>>44242632
>>44242736
It's the chins, guise.
Dem chins could break things.
No go area.
nope.avi
>>
File: 1435516226896.png (127 KB, 654x590) Image search: [Google]
1435516226896.png
127 KB, 654x590
>>
>>44255015
Who or what is steamforged?
Why is their errata better than anyone else's errata? (unless of course they are the game designers lel)

I heard that fishermen are OP, and in comparison all the other teams are shit.
>>
File: 1438549366568.png (144 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1438549366568.png
144 KB, 250x250
>>44267371
They're the game developers. Do you know how to internet?
>>
>>44263002
poisoned gift.

Thyra is really good, if you dig her style.
use the following approved list:

thyra
sanctifier, revenger
min choir
full zealots + ua
2 x daughters
nicia
wracks
saxon
madelyn
covenant

You can swap things in and out, for instance, TFG, errants and to some degree flamebringers all work as tarpits.

depending on taste you can swap out solos for other things, for instance i am dropping nicia and wracks in favour of rhoven &co.

Thyra is a hordes drop, but can be good against some warmachine too, like scyrah.
>>
>>44267397
when i chat with an anon on the interbutts, i can't be arsed to look things up, because you will make snarky replies which will be much more informed.
>>
File: 1446588948654.gif (113 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1446588948654.gif
113 KB, 550x400
>>44267437
Pretending to be retarded is a poor excuse for shit posting
>>
>>44267371

Basically, the game can either be played to win or played to kill the enemy team, kinda like BloodBowl if you're at all familiar. Fishermen are the best at playing the game, passing the ball, scoring points, but are fragile. On the other end of the spectrum, Butchers are the best at killing or incapacitating enemy players, while not doing so well with the actual gameplay. All of the other teams fit somewhere else on the spectrum in between, but with a couple of wierd specialties that make them all playable.

Having played both though, I still draw more enjoyment from Warmahordes. Guild Ball doesn't seem to play appreciably faster unfortunately, which is what I'd need in a game.
>>
>>44267502
I know bloodbowl, yes. I vaguely know bits about guildball.

I heard it plays a bit like warmahordes, what with the designers coming from a WMH background.

But i heard that fishermen aren't just good because they can actually play the ball, but also because they have many movement shenanigans, so other teams can't actually catch them, making the fishermens apparent fragility a fake weakness.

What did the errata actually do then? did they buff the other teams, or nerf the fishies?
>>
File: terviarm.jpg (1 MB, 1494x2656) Image search: [Google]
terviarm.jpg
1 MB, 1494x2656
>>44265797

I'm using a Tervigon arm to turn my battle box Carnivean parts into a Scythean ones.

Now with the right image.
>>
>>44267727
>Not tourney legal
>>
>>44268052
>not having fun with your hobby
>>
>>44268052

https://privateerpress.com/organized-play/tournament-conversion-policy

Isn't breaking any rules I can see.
>>
>>44268115
No bits from other IPs, get rekt

>>44268070
>Implying Warmachine is fun
>>
>>44268052
pffft who gives a fuck
>>
>>44268142
it's no iconic bits from other IPs dipshit, so no aquilas or chaos stars.

scythe arms are scythe arms
>>
>>44267727
The arm might be to long, but i like the idea. I really hate the dinky wrists the carniveans have
>>
>>44268852
Those are clearly Tyranid bits. Get that shit out of here
>>
File: 1449077667518.jpg (127 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
1449077667518.jpg
127 KB, 500x351
>>
>>44271223
That's Frika's woh-masheen kah-reahh.
>>
>>44269064

Yeah, I might clip a bit off the blade to shorten it a tad.

I also keep going back and forth about removing the little claw finger near the top of the scythe.
>>
Hey boys, are burrowers a good buy after the all in one? Or should I go with fennblades?
>>
>>44272405
They are a good buy, but if you are building P Grissel, fenns are better.
>>
>>44272430
Ok. What caster likes dygmies most?
>>
>>44272464
Calandra, Grim, E Madrak.

Basically everyone likes Dygmies, but with P Grissel, there are several issues that stems from way Grissel's call interact with fell caller's.
>>
>>44268142
It says majority learn to read you fucking savage
>>
>>44272464
Dygmies might be the best 6pt unit in the game, for what they are. The only reason you see 1 unit is because they're FA1.

With any warlock use a Fell Caller and their MAT is fixed somewhat. With Callandra or Madrak their MAT is fixed completely.
>>
>>44272822
The warmachine threads are poisoned by 40kids that don't want to have fun. Don't bother engaging with them, they have more time than you can possibly imagine.
>>
I'm interested in buying a ret army. Not painted, primed/unbuilt is fine. Anyone selling? If it was stripped well I'd also be interested.
>>
>>44272519
What are those problems? I really want to get them asap, great models imo.
>>44272838
Can they be used with pGris?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-19-16-29-22.png (388 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-19-16-29-22.png
388 KB, 1080x1920
>>44273031
local group has a guy selling an xboxhueg army
>>
>>44271811
I think those are good choices
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-19-16-29-55.png (323 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-19-16-29-55.png
323 KB, 1080x1920
>>44273129
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-19-16-30-12.png (418 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-19-16-30-12.png
418 KB, 1080x1920
>>44273149
i'm sure you can get in touch over normiebook, guy would probably be willing to ship it
>>
File: 1447272541668.jpg (52 KB, 600x604) Image search: [Google]
1447272541668.jpg
52 KB, 600x604
>>44272822
It also says nothing from other IPs. Tyranids are owned by GW, not PP. Are you retarded? Or from reddit perhaps? That would explain a lot
>>
File: topsytervi.jpg (1 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
topsytervi.jpg
1 MB, 2656x1494
>>44273135

Needs some more cleanup work, but I think the changes helped.
>>
>>44273163
Wtf why no hyperion, imperatus? Anyone know the rough retail on this?
>>
>>44273268
Scythean: Why... why do I have bananas instead of hands?
Vayl: What are you talking about? Those are scythes.
Scythean: .... These are bananas
Vayl: No, look. Curved and pointed. Scythes.
Scythean: But they aren't sharp anywhere, they're big and round and I bet if I try to peel them I can-
Vayl: SCYTHES. SHUT UP. THEY ARE SCYTHES. GO OVER THERE AND SCYTHE THINGS *INCITE*
Scythean: Well fine. HEY STYKER YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE A LITTLE LOW ON POTASSIUM, C'MERE
>>
>>44273091
>What are those problems? I really want to get them asap, great models imo.
P Grissel doesn't really care for fell callers. Burrowers are terribly statted, but get to be really good because of the mat buff from the fell caller. Grissel's feat and calls all interfere with that.

Calamity helps with the accuracy, but it's a short ranged offensive spell that demands too much involvement from her.

Her double attack fell call doesn't work on their slug guns since even if used in melee, slug guns must obey the ROF restriction.

The Hoof it doesn't mean much since the entire unit can disengage at will with the burrow order.

Simply put other caster dial up the digmies up to 11, but she can only really put them up to 8 at most.
>>
>>44273171
Thats actually not what it says but okay.
>>
>>44273379
add it up yourself senpai
and its in canadian, so take 25ish percent off the price
>>
$217 to get the rest of what I need to field two 50 poin convergence lists... why is the PA so good?
>>
>>44273129
>>44273149
>>44273163

Zach please stop shilling
>>
>>44273777
So would they be completely detrimental? I still like the look of them, and their rules are pretty fun. I was planning on having a fell caller anyways.
>>
how do these lists look? I onlyhave 2 floaty jacks or I would have a third modulator

Forge Master Syntherion (*6pts)
* Corollary (3pts)
* Diffuser (3pts)
* Diffuser (3pts)
* Galvanizer (0pts)
* Galvanizer (3pts)
* Mitigator (4pts)
* Cipher (9pts)
* Modulator (6pts)
* Modulator (6pts)
* Monitor (8pts)
Optifex Directive (Leader and 2 Grunts) (2pts)
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex (1pts)
Reflex Servitor (2pts)

paired with Father Lucant, Divinity Architect (*5pts)
* Corollary (3pts)
* Prime Axiom (19pts)
Clockwork Angels (Leader and 2 Grunts) (3pts)
Clockwork Angels (Leader and 2 Grunts) (3pts)
Eradicators (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Obstructors (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Reductors (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Enigma Foundry (3pts)
Enigma Foundry (3pts)
>>
>>44274391
Not enough Meat to the Synth list, I don't think. You've got way too many light jacks and not enough heavies, the lights aren't going to do enough work on their own, even with Synergy.

Reflex should go to Attunement, Synth has more than enough ways to remove infantry.

The lack of Floaty jacks is annoying, because the first thing I'd tell you is to find space for an Assimilator. Ground Pounder is excellent for removing heavier infantry.
>>
>>44274495

I could see reflex to attunement but I'm not sure I agree that 4 heavies aren't enough. If I had another floaty jack, I think I'd rather have a third modulator by dropping the galvanizer, an ADO and a directive. what would I drop for the extra 2 points for the assimilator?
>>
>>44274495

also for the lucant list, I remembered how annoying arm locks are so I dropped the angels and added a mitigator and a directive
>>
>>44273970
>Models cannot be converted in such a way that any part of the model represents the intellectual property of any party except Privateer Press

OK, whatever you say anon. Let's also ignore all the times models with GW bits were kicked out of events too
>>
>>44273970
>>44274707

please don't feed the trolls
>>
>>44274733
People like >>44267727 have to know what's up and that they'll get dqed
>>
>>44274809
The only time the intellectual property clause is ever relevant is at PP run events. The vast majority of events are not PP run.
>>
>>44274809
The only thing I want for Christmas is for shitposters to leave.
>>
>>44274831

what the fuck did I just say?
>>
>>44274831
PGs are supposed to dq that shit too. We're not supposed to support GW stuff. Any convention will kick you to the curb too

Literally the only place it's viable is at your shitty local game night with other scrubs
>>
>>44274495
The problem is that Galvanizers just don't do enough work for three points, and Mitigators are kind of iffy.

The free galvanizer is nice, but 3 points for one isn't really super worth it unless you are just taking nothing but them.

Mitigators seem neat, but that 7" range really, really hurts them. Hard to get a shot off on something that matters to get the knockdown and still be part of an induction chain/not be out on it's own not helping synergy

Double Diffuser can work, but it's also a matter of just not pulling their weight. Monitor scapels out enemy solos just fine on it's own, and the free charge is usually not as important since Synth charges for free when it matters anyways. The 2" is nice, but Synth can already replicate that with Mag Hold, and three extended range charges just doesn't come up that often.

Meanwhile, you're missing some of what the other jacks provide. Inverter threats the farthest of any non-colossal jack in Convergence, and lets you clear even heavy infantry pretty well with a decent synergy chain and reach. Assimilator is your best way of killing meaty targets at range, gets around all sorts of targeting restrictions, and Weapon Master makes it an excellent way of finishing a synergy chain or killing a heavy in the middle of one.

I personally would drop a unit of Optifex Directive. Auto-repair means that you don't need three units, even for as big of a battlegroup as you've got.
>>
>>44274905
No they won't. Jesus Christ, just because you keep saying it doesn't mean it's true.

THEY WON'T

I've seen people have Lascannons on 'jacks, nid parts on Legion, and even Dark Eldar pieces on Skorne.

So long as you're not plopping down a librarian and saying it's fucking Adeptus Rahn, THEY DON'T CARE. If it's a scythean model that has nid arms, THEY DON'T CARE. Wanna know why? Because you STILL BOUGHT THE FUCKING SCYTHEAN MODEL.

They don't care so long as it's not blatent IP stuff.
>copyrighted logos, symbols, iconic elements, or other iconography
The Ultramarine symbol is a copyrighted logo and iconic.A biological arm with a bony scythe is not copyrighted nor iconic.

Stop shitposting.
>>
>>44274675
For Lucant, I'd consider another Heavy, and by that, I mean an Inverter. Inverter gives you a huge amount of melee defense with Watcher, which is super important against factions like Legion.

I don't normally like to max Reductors, since the sprays are almost always wasted. SP6 from behind your dudes can only get so far, after all.

I think your infantry package is a bit too heavy as well. How are you setting up your Engima Foundries? For Obstructors, you really want bother babysitting the unit, since even with Lucant they tend to lose quite a few when the enemy makes contact.

This is getting into "Buy more stuff" territory, but you should seriously consider the TEP. It would slot into the Eradicator slot of your Lucant list(as they're both good for clearing infantry), resolve the Engima problem I talked about above, and is all around fucking amazing. I haven't played it with a PA in the same list yet myself to see if the double Huge base would be an issue though.

Also, I'm a little confused on your Mitigator comment. Are you attempting to make locks with it? Because it neither has an open fist, and because it's a light jack, it can't lock heavies even if it did.
>>
>>44275077
Look man, it's likely the same dude who claims you're not allowed to have your models painted in anything but the official scheme.

He's trolling the fuck out of you.
>>
>>44274905
>PGs are supposed to dq that shit too. We're not supposed to support GW stuff. Any convention will kick you to the curb too

No they won't. So long as the model's easily recognizable, the vast majority won't give a flying fuck. The conversion policy even says, "An EO can make exceptions to these rules to approve any reasonable conversions."
>>
>>44275089

for the mitigator, knock down immediately ends arm locks so your PA can drag stuff. Arm locks are how people save their heavies from drags when they don't have a lot of screen. I haven't tested min reductors but I am open to the idea. as for the TEP, I'm already looking to speend about $200 finishing these lists out, I'm really not looking forward to adding another 40... I'm not that invested yet. what would you suggest taking out for the inverter? I could drop the reductors and the optifex?
>>
>>44275107
I'd rather respond than let people think that what he's saying is right.
>>
>>44275305

respond with a bait image next time. you are being trolled and the impression you are giving is that the conversion rules are complicated and there's a lot of argument about what is accepted and where.

It may not be a bad idea to put anti trolling disclaimers in the sticky next time but I fell like that will just draw more trolls
>>
>>44275274
Oh, you're talking about ending enemy arm locks.

It's a quite trick, and really good with Mother, but Lucant's RAT of 3 makes it pretty iffy for 4 points of your list.

Especially since the faction most likely to do it, Skorne, you'd rather drop Synth into anyways.

And yea, I totally got you on the money issue. It's something to keep on the radar though, the TEP is tied for best battle engine in the game, and for good reason.

As for what to drop, hmm. I'd personally consider dropping both units of angels and the Obstructors, then adding in an Inverter and two units of Optifex. Or dropping Eradicators and the Angels and adding in the Inverter + either an ADO or some Accretion servitors.
>>
>>44275436
cute, not quite.
>>
>>44275436

that's true about skorne... i'm not taking my other list into account what about this?

Father Lucant, Divinity Architect (*5pts)
* Corollary (3pts)
* Inverter (8pts)
* Prime Axiom (19pts)
Eradicators (Leader and 2 Grunts) (6pts)
Obstructors (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Reductors (Leader and 5 Grunts) (4pts)
Accretion Servitors (1pts)
Enigma Foundry (3pts)
Enigma Foundry (3pts)

I like accretion servitors over the ADO in lucant
>>
File: 1419262755047.png (839 KB, 750x647) Image search: [Google]
1419262755047.png
839 KB, 750x647
>>44275404
>>44275305
>>44275203
>>44275107
>>44275077
Look guys, you can disagree all you like but you're wrong. Do you not remember when the Cryx/Necron converted army got dqed at GenCon? Hungerford laughed that one out of the event. This stuff is really important and people should know.

Stop trying to mislead people

>Army schemes
Yeah, no, that's a shitpost, stop doing that
>>
>>44275591
It looks decent. I've never run a min unit of Eradicators, but on a flank they might be interesting. It might work as well to swap to the two units of angels, since they're harder targets to kill at range, but it's also something worth experimenting around, seeing what you like better.
>>
>>44275903

alright! thanks so much for your help
>>
>>44275866
The fucking Cryx/Necrons was very clearly Necrons, which was the damn point.

No one will be able to tell that he's using the arm across the table or in a picture unless they fucking focus on it. No one would DQ him for it either.

You're trolling like crazy.
>>
>>44275917
No worries. Convergence is a bit weird to get too, especially now that a lot of people have dropped them competitively, so you don't really see a lot of good players. List building's kind of weird with them, since the same jacks do different jobs based on the caster you're bringing them with.

Still man, I would really caution you about that Synth list. It's a lot of lights and in the current meta they just don't do enough work themselves, which is why I'm pushing you towards more workhorse jacks.
>>
>>44275959

yeah I've noticed that they've fallen out of popularity. I could add in an inverter into the synth list. a macropummeler is a great end of a synergy chain. i should have another 4 legged jack
>>
>>44276001

the problem is that an inverter doesn't have a ranged attack for the feat turn and a second monitor isn't that useful,
>>
>>44276036
Losing the ranged attack isn't that big of a deal, and Reach can be super useful to make a Synergy chain useful for killing several models instead of just killing an enemy heavy.
>>
>>44275920
Carnifex claws and stuff like that are all things PGs and EOs are specifically told to look out for. GW stuff is straight up banned, no exceptions

Are you a GW shill or just a huge fan boy or something? Why do you keep encouraging stuff that will get people kicked out of events?
>>
>>44276105

I'm sold in that case. thanks
>>
>>44276737
>things PGs and EOs are specifically told to look out for

in during shit that never happened
>>
>>44276767
Are you a PG? If so, can you prove it?
>>
>>44276884
Can you prove any of your shit?
>>
>>44276755
Yea, Synth loves him all the jacks in Convergence.

He's super fun to build for once you get neck deep in the faction, because there's just so many list variations he can do that do interesting things.
>>
>>44276893
But anon, some sperglord on the internet said it, it must be true!
>>
>>44276893
I can't share PG docs but I can prove I am one. Also everything I'm talking about has already happened. See Cryx with random Necron bits.

Alternatively you can go to an event and try and play an army with GW bits. I'm sure that'll go ever well.
>>
File: 20151219_223413.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151219_223413.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
All put together, minus denny, I dont know how to base it.
Also I still have to do a few details
Bad lighting
>>
>>44277252

Hella dope!
>>
>>44221459
if you were my friend and was physically present, I would slap you and call you a cunt.
Because, well, it does seem to be slowing down. There isn't much to talk about.

For 40kids and even warhams there is the fluff, the painting and the crazy lol fun games.
But not in warmachne. If you don't netdeck your list correctly, then you're a scrub and may as well leave the game.
>>
>>44277252
Very nice. What is the basing style of the rest of your cryx?
>>
>>44277252
It's the bubblegum worm!
>>
>>44278557
>replying to a shitpost several days old
>acting like an internet tough guy

The only one that needs a slap is your stupid fucking ass.
>>
>>44278978
com @ meh bro
>>
How should I run ashlynn? Right now I'm using forge guard and gun mages as the meat of the units, with rosie and having mule be marshalled. Has to deal with ret and between a mha and the twin sword mha rosie got annihilated even on feat turn. Am I missing something here?
>>
Anyone selling a Legion army?
>>
File: 20151204_182628.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151204_182628.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>44278682
Very "meh". Just sandy paste with a little sand and some flocking. I put cork on a few bigger pieces to make them fit on the base.

I wanted to do something cool for her since shes such a big modle
>>
>>44274905
>PGs are supposed to dq that shit too. We're not supposed to support GW stuff. Any convention will kick you to the curb too
Nope. Seriously nope.
>>
>>44277239

How can you prove it?

Also, the thing I'm seeing is Necron army with random Cryx bits.
>>
>>44280128
Two mules and whatever else. Hope to crit kablam the enemy on your feat turn towards your weaponmaster threats like forgeguard or solos or pirates.

Merc lists in my experience do best when focusing on maxing out gimmicks, and it's super easy to fish those crits with her feat.
>>
>>44281772
Maybe you can angle the cork so it looks like it's exploding with Denny at the epicenter?
>>
>>44282514
Ok anon, whatever you say. I suppose if you keep shouting no as loud as you can the rules will magically change.

This stuff happens all the time, but if you want bury your head in the sand that's cool too
>>
I used to play a few years back, but I sold my stuff to focus on other games for a while. I'm getting back in with a journeyman league in January, and I'm having trouble choosing a faction.

I love the lore and design of Khador, but I really want to play 'jack heavy. I'm not particularly fond of Menoth, I play Warmahordes to get AWAY from 40K themes.

Is there any way to play Khador well with 'jack focus? Even if it's just two huge 'jacks or something?
>>
>>44285055
Take andrei malakov.
Give him one jack, your caster another.

Khador has no jack support. If you want to play jacks every other faction is superior at it.
>>
>>44285055
Well how many do you consider "jack heavy". The method proposed by >>44285305 will net you at least two.
>>
>>44286074
2+ I'd think
>>
>>44286074
For Khador, I've had significant success with pButch, 2 Juggernaughts, 2 Marauders, Doom Reavers and Kayazis.

It's surprisingly effective in a lot of situations, and 4 Jacks should be Jack heavy enough. Full Throttle gives Butch some significant efficiency for every turn that he's safe, and after Turn4 or so you'll have piece traded out all of the things that can significantly threaten pButcher. After that the game toilet bowls through him at Def18 Arm23 as your opponent cannot kill him, but he can sit in the middle of the board.

Without the warjacks, you don't really get to fish out your opponent's heavy hitters. It's important to make them commit first.
>>
>>44285055
That said, if you like the warjacks then Menoth is probably the faction to go with. They are much more flexible in which lists can use which warjacks, and their light warjacks have incredible efficiency.

Repenters are actually really difficult to kill, considering they're only 4pts. They also offer a boostable spray that can fish out all of the enemy's important models like unit officers, solos, or lane blockers. Boosting really increases reliability, but the repenter doubly guarantees kills with auto continuous-fire.

Crusaders piece trade similarly to Khador Jacks, but cost less.

Reckoners are incredibly flexible with a massive threat range and powerful reach weapon, SPD5, flare, and ashen veil.

Menoth has all of the support in faction too for really good warjacks with the choir and vassals. I'd really recommend giving them a shot if the big stompy robots are your favourite.
>>
So just a quick question about fluff. Why the fuck can swords even hurt warjacks. I couldn't find an answer anywhere.
>>
>>44288875
Because they are really good swords.
>>
>>44288984
My explanation till now was basically that too... in combination with everyone in the iron kingdoms being gats.
But its a really retarded explanation.
>>
>>44288875
Stick em inna joints an' wotnot. Messes wit' all the mechanical whoosits.
>>
>>44288875
Remember, this is a D&D setting. So it's going off the same sort of situation that lets a Fighter kill a Dragon/Giant/Whatver huge thing with a sword.
>>
>>44288875
I always imagined that iron was lighter in the iron kingdoms. That and make steel hard to make, so you'd have a bunch of massive robots made of iron getting attacked by steel weapons.
>>
>>44288875
I mean they're most likly beating up the jacks with the heavy sword. I'm imagining like Terminus, Venethrax or Gaspy who themselves are physically strong aswell
>>
>>44288875

most plain ole infantry can't unless they A get a running start or B get very lucky

guys that can hurt hacks are either not human, mechanically enhanced humans, magically enhanced humans, or so skilled with their weapons that they can easily go for the joints
Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.