[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, can anyone give me and idea of a system that I could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: 301hv6d.jpg (2 MB, 1599x1105) Image search: [Google]
301hv6d.jpg
2 MB, 1599x1105
Hey /tg/, can anyone give me and idea of a system that I could use for run a Fate/Stay Night campaign? I'm searching for something not to complex, at least in the battle system and adapting the statistics and noble phantasm thing. I was searching for some system but I can't find any for a campaing like this and well I'm new at DMing so using something like Anima (in my opinion this is a very interesting system but too complex for me) isn't something that i want to do because i lack the experience and i don't want to bother or bore my players looking at the manuals all the time... so please I hope that you can help me with this or give me a little idea.
>>
>>44219611
Fate campaigns are a topic that comes up pretty often (and, a bit less frequently, Nasuverse campaigns as a whole), and to this day there really isn't a single defining answer. I've played one in Mutants and Masterminds in the past, and that worked pretty well. I remember seeing Wild Talents, GURPS, and the FATE universal system (unrelated to FSN or the Nasuverse) come up in the past as well. Whatever you do, though, stay away from that one Nasuverse homebrew that's also called Fate, from the Heaven's Feel site. It's horrible.
>>
File: ks lancer.webm (1 MB, 1200x671) Image search: [Google]
ks lancer.webm
1 MB, 1200x671
>>44219611
fate/ world outbreak
>>
Anima.
>muh complex
Step outa yer comfort zone
>>
>>44219611

Saber's boobs are too big.

Tamamo's perfect though, as she always is. Gotta love the perky fox ears.
>>
>>44221709
Pretty sure that's Nero, who's known for her breasts.
>>
>>44221679
Anima's more Berserk than FSN.
>>
File: 1438809843131.png (211 KB, 419x700) Image search: [Google]
1438809843131.png
211 KB, 419x700
>>44221709
>>44221880
Yep, it's Nero. The defining differences between them are bust size (Nero's are bigger), height (Arturia's taller), and if Takeuchi isn't drawing, air intakes (Nero is supposed to have them).
>>
I've pondered this conundrum a while and one thing I stumbled on is that FATE, amusingly enough, would be a good fit. I don't even like it that much but a lot of the aspect mechanics mesh well with how servants and magic in general work in fate.

I also made some early attempts at creating a fiat based system for servants that could be tacked on to a heavily butchered Make the Awakening but that didn't get anywhere much other than using statistics to determine how a character gen for servants should function based on previously observed servants.
>>
>>44222067
>air intakes
?
>>
>>44222154
*Mage: The Awakening. Autocorrect has a lot to learn.
>>
File: 1311876803605.jpg (250 KB, 1500x959) Image search: [Google]
1311876803605.jpg
250 KB, 1500x959
>>44222169
Those two little triangular bits in Nero's hair in the image I posted earlier. When Wada Arco, the main artist for the Extra games, draws Nero, she includes those in her hairstyle, but Takeuchi, the main Type-Moon artist, just draws her as Arturia with bigger boobs.

Which is a shame, because Takeuchi's old style, back in the era of Tsukihime and the first Melty Blood, had a lot of air intakes, which have been mostly removed for the remake's designs.
>>
Another thing would be to watch a few features that explore the universe a bit better. Fate actually does a terrible job of explaining it's own setting since 99% of the time there are not superpowered spectres of the famous dead battling for supremacy, but wizards just doing wizard shit and also all the non-wizard related magic phenomena that fuck with people. Any PC's are going to come from this world and you need to have fluff and mechanics that support their day to day experiences and challenges.

Kara no Kyokai is alright for this.
>>
>>44222154

On the subject of mage the awakening. I wonder how difficult it would be to make a servant splat for WoD.

The system is open enough that it shouldn't be impossible.

Although failing that, with how often this question comes up it's surprising that no one has ever gotten around to just making a system for FATE or Nasuverse stuff, it seems like everything else had something made at some point. I think even fucking RWBY got it's own system and there's no way in hell that's more popular than Fate.
>>
>>44222406
>RWBY got it's own system
I know it's got its own video game, ut I don't know about an RPG.
>>
>>44222406

So update on that, turns out there is apparently a Nasuverse RPG that's been translated from Japanese. Don't know if it's any good but you can get the torrent here.

http://www.heavens-feel.com/fate_nasuverse_rpg.html

Also if anyone would be so kind as to convert the Torrent to a Pdf or something and put it up here that'd be cool. I was going to do it but it's 3 am and apparently I'm retarded so I'm forgetting how to even open the damn thing at the moment. If no one does I'll see about doing it tomorrow after work if this thread is still up b then.
>>
>>44222579
It's horrible. I told you to stay away from it.
>>
>>44222597

Oh. I didn't read that, sorry. What's so shitty about it? Is it just a mess or what?
>>
>>44222406
WoD is easy to modify into middle weight rules for a great many situations. Servants are one of the few things g's that are not a good fit. While it is certainly possible to describe entities with the magnitude and breadth of power possessed by servants, see nMummy, it becomes ridiculously more work than even something like making that magical girl splat. I was planning to just have them be phenomena that interact with each other on their own terms and then have a few virtually environmental rules for just how fucked a PC who gets in a direct fight with one is, etc.
>>
>>44222273
I hate a lot of the Turkeyhandle redesigns.
Senpai isn't Senpai without her cokebottles!
Why in sweet fuck did they take away Arc's long skirt?!
>>
File: 1417666710305.jpg (587 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1417666710305.jpg
587 KB, 1500x1500
>>44223806
Cokebottles simple aren't something teenagers/twentysomethings wear anymore. I'm fine with the changes to Ciel's and Shiki's glasses.

Because Arc's granny skirt, as unique as it was, couldn't compare to the sheer /fa/ of Mahoyo, is my guess.
>>
>>44223838
>Cokebottles simple aren't something teenagers/twentysomethings wear anymore
But that simultaneously makes Ciel's decision to use them in a disguise funnier and adds some FORESHADOWING to her not being a normal girl.
Also makes them even more moe.
>>
>>44223880
She's supposed to fit in fairly well, though.
>>
>>44223901
Yeah, because she can implant hypnotic suggestions in the heads of all her classmates that "Ciel-Senpai has always been here, don't qiestion it."
>>
How to make a Servant
Take a historical/mythical figure
Turn into a pretty girl, no matter what gender, or a bishounen, if male. Alternately, make them look sillier than they're supposed to (like making them fat).
Research everything about said figure. Take the things that could be taken advantage of for plot and motivations, discard other parts, make villains look less evil, or make heroic figures look more evil, otherwise make other things up.
Give them an anime quirk (like a craving for a lot of food, or being an otaku)
Take what they're known for, and exaggerate it (magic sword is a magic sword that shoots lasers, being a seductress means mind control, making computers means you're a robot,etc.)
Good excuses for being different from how they're supposed to be:
The actual history/legend is wrong
The servant is a shapeshifter/somehow gained shapeshifting ability because of perception of others
The servant isn't really who it is, and is someone else in disguise,maybe another spirit completely
>>
>>44222976
Rank 4-5 ghosts with modified details is how I would go about it.

The problem is, in my view, more that nwod doesn't really account for fights or beings that can be grossly fast in an overly superhuman way like Servants can. At least not casually.

It's a factor of difficulty in the crossing of some games or other settings that dex in one might seem like a dump stat in relation to another. The differing paradigms can make things incompatible.
>>
>>44219611
Why's Tamamo in bondage dress?
>>
>>44225949
>Alternately, make them look sillier than they're supposed to
To add to this, in 99% of cases, they ought to have really flamboyant hair and eye colors, even if it makes no sense. Bonus points for red/yellow/purple eyes, and blue/pink/purple hair. (If you absolutely have to have a natural hair color, go with blonde, regardless of where the character is supposedly from.)

Finally, talking is a free action. In fact, endlessly meandering about various pseudo-philosophical topics should be encouraged as much as possible in the middle of combat. There needs to be some sort of circumstance bonus for Servants for making ridiculous statements whilst fighting.
>>
>>44227138
For the same reason Nero's costume is made out of fetish-fuel.

Fate/CCC is shit.
>>
>>44222287
What little's translated of the Lord El-Melloi II Case Files is also good for that, Waver and the gang going around solving magus mysteries and shit.
>>
OP I would highly recommend the OVA system. It's great for anime-style campaigns and is extremely flexible and simple to use
>>
Running this kind of thing in Ex3e would be good, but hard, since you'd need to fairly dramatically rewrite a lot of stuff.

That said, if anyone did do that, it might be my system of the year.
>>
>>44228688
I didn't realise "white bodysuit" was considered a fetish item.
>>
>>44223946
But she passes even after dropping the geasa in the route Arc cucks her. And Arc's short skirt is to make her look flirty and sporty.
>>
>>44219611
I ran one in Simple d6 for months until I got too frustrated with it and canceled forever.

Worked pretty well until that point, though. I killed waifus and laid out the Nasu-twists.
>>
File: excalibait.png (110 KB, 1126x616) Image search: [Google]
excalibait.png
110 KB, 1126x616
>>44228688
>Fate/CCC is shit.
>>
>>44222617
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's an extremely rigid system which only lets you create characters with exactly the same abilities as canon characters.
I.e. it doesn't capture the constant bullshit one-upmanship and "SUDDENLY!" of the Nasuverse at all.
>>
>>44233922
It's a wedding dress Anon.
>>
>>44223838
What the fuck are Cokebottles ?
>>
>>44241928
The big circle glasses that Ciel wears.

So named because they look like the bottom of a coke bottle.
>>
File: Ciel-senpai.jpg (42 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Ciel-senpai.jpg
42 KB, 400x300
>>44241928
Those giant round monstrosities on her face.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.