[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, im thinking of starting a campaign set in the Dragon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: Dragon-Ball-z-970x545.jpg (189 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Ball-z-970x545.jpg
189 KB, 970x545
Hey /tg/, im thinking of starting a campaign set in the Dragon Ball universe. Can anyone recommend a good system to run it in?

It needs to:

>Support high powered characters.

>Support temporary transformations.

>Large, sudden increases in power.

>and I'd also prefer somthing that isnt rules heavy.
>>
someone done made a dballz RPG broner, look it up.
>>
>>44218517
DESU, it was only marginally better than the published ones.
>>
Man good luck, Goku and Vegeta are on god levels of power now. You might as well just play Scion: God and not use any of the perviews except for maybe a modified Sun and crap for Spirit bombs.

The rest of the Z fighters would basically just be Hero level characters now. DBZ is batshit now.
>>
File: Preview 1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Preview 1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44218340
Here comes some stuff.
>>
>>44220211
>>
File: yLRxy5M.jpg (202 KB, 480x677) Image search: [Google]
yLRxy5M.jpg
202 KB, 480x677
>>44220232
>>44220211
Haven't released anything really substantial since October, but the semester is finally over so I should have some time soon. This week I'm finishing up a kit for another game I'm working on and sending that to a publisher for review and then I've got my birthday and some Christmas goodness.

I promise you guys I'll have some new shit out after the new year at least. Transformations have been overhauled and there have been several fixes and balancing changes inspired in part by the suggestions doc. Equipment is actually being worked on but, again, being a system that prioritizes abstraction over crunch, don't expect a huge library of unique items.

Following that I'd like to finish up Antagonist/Villain Creation and then in lieu of a GM section put out a series of saga specific splatbooks so that GMs can more easily control the tone of their game.
>>
>>44220211
>>44220232
>>44220362
Wow man thanks, it looks really good. Where will you be posting future content for this game (or any other games you might be working on)?
>>
File: 10-1.jpg (222 KB, 743x1080) Image search: [Google]
10-1.jpg
222 KB, 743x1080
>>44220958
TheCreamGames Facebook page is probably the best place to go. Whenever I do anything new I tend to make a thread here, too.
>>
>>44220009
They're called gods but they're really no different than they've been from the start of the series. They're still flying, punching and shooting lasers from their hands, not even the scale of the background destruction has changed significantly, Nappa and Vegeta casually blew up a city in episode 10 and Freeza casually blows up a city in the latest movie, the only evidence that Freeza is more powerful than Nappa was is the characters' word for it.
>>
>>44222948
Uh, no. In DBZ Super Goku's punches are so strong he risks blowing up the entire universe. Up until the end of even GT, you're right, but in Super, all balls are to the wall, they're retarded now.
>>
>>44223075
And he's still not the strongest person in the setting.
>>
>>44223075
Again they say that he would but we don't see any effects of it aside from some tidal waves on Earth and those were there during the Cell fight as well.
>>
>>44218340
Shonen Final Burst
>>
>>44218340
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xzRMvJOIeXe1ZxPi5OgC60EDTRFZ8VYjqaX8ZcjbHs4/edit#heading=h.3ijbpeqnl8r8

incomplete and apparently abandoned.. but still playable. PBtA based but none of those odd relationship rules
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.