[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyclops Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8
File: zero depth perception.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zero depth perception.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
One of my players thinks cyclops are cool and has asked me to include some in my campaign. I think they're stupid, but I like it when players do things by their own initiative, so I'm gonna do it, somehow.

I figure someone on /tg/ has to have opinions or mythological savvy when it comes to these things. Tell me, /tg/, what makes a cyclops anything but a sillier version of a giant?
>>
The Wikipedia article will tell you everything you need to know. Cyclops have several distinct characteristics that distinguish them from giants. They are children of the gods. They were the helpers of Hephaestus at his forge. They created the thunderbolts of Zeus, Poseidon's trident, Hades' helmet and the bows of Artemis and Apollo. In the Odyssey, Polyphemus the cyclops was a shepherd who lived in a cave. He was a man-eater, and he could call upon the aid of Poseidon when attacked by Odysseus.
>>
>>44214356
And keep in mind, a cyclops COULD be intelligent, they're just gullible. So if you want to make him someone cultured who's just gullible as fuck, go ahead.
>>
>>44214356
That's pretty good. The players expect one-eyed, brutish fatsacks, but they run into towering monsters in flawless steel armour, hurling spears forged out of lightning while being gleefully evil and cannibalistic. Maybe I'll have them be related to Talos or something. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
>>
>>44214496

Or hell, do it like Cyclops civ quest, bunch of free loving, music-loving beautiful giant people who sometimes fuck their kin and make amazing cities.

Oh, and shape the world through music and sometimes have sex with elementals I guess.
>>
>>44214496
Here's a link to what >>44214897 is talking about

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Cyclops%20quest
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 340x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 340x191
>>44215854
That quest has nice picture for first post.

But can it beat pic related?
>>
File: image.jpg (618 KB, 962x1216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
618 KB, 962x1216
>>44215920
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 195x195
>>44215936
>>
>>44215969
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ffoolFg-Y
>>
File: image.jpg (616 KB, 1268x1236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
616 KB, 1268x1236
>>44215996
Last one

There is also Futurama Leela. There are many interesting Cyclopses. Boros is best
>>
File: Archillopilli.png (202 KB, 805x667) Image search: [Google]
Archillopilli.png
202 KB, 805x667
>>44215854
>>44214897
I love you guys and miss that quest in equal measure.
>>
File: krull-cyclops-1-pl.png (64 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
krull-cyclops-1-pl.png
64 KB, 224x225
>>44214356

Wasn't there also something about the singular eye symbolizing that they exchanged their natural vision for foresight into the future?

Or am I thinking of Krull?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.