[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your weapon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 18
File: blastech E-11.jpg (118 KB, 865x1024) Image search: [Google]
blastech E-11.jpg
118 KB, 865x1024
To deal with threats in a hostile world, you are given one Blastech E-11 blaster rifle. This weapon is compact, lightweight at 2.6 kilograms and has an effective range of 300 meters (limited mainly by ergonomic concerns). It is capable of both semi-automatic and automatic fire as well as having a stun setting. It has two ammunition systems, the first being a set of rechargeable energy cells with a capacity of 100 cells and a reserve of tibanna gas canister which needs to be replaced after 500 shots, additional power cells and gas canisters are provided. It is robust, reliable and rated for operation in a vacuum. It should be sufficient against most human scale foes you might face.
>>
>>44211615
that's a sterling without the magazine loaded
>>
>>44211633
and...
>>
... I'd rather have a weapon with a chance of hitting something before depleting its charge pack.
>>
File: 1377546797342.jpg (12 KB, 251x206) Image search: [Google]
1377546797342.jpg
12 KB, 251x206
>Blastech E-11 Blaster Rifle
>Kantrael Pattern Lasgun

Which is a more effective weapon?
>>
>>44211676
I would actually say the lasgun in this circumstance.

Even if it ain't effective at all, at least a lasgun HITS occasionally.
>>
>>44211721
Blasters in Star Wars work like armies in 40k; their effectiveness and accuracy is directly proportionate to the user's relevance to the current plot.
Stormtroopers, being almost literally faceless disposable minions by design, are highly expendable and unimportant to the plot and thus never hit anything.
>>
File: star wars heroes.jpg (92 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
star wars heroes.jpg
92 KB, 720x480
>>44211670
So long as you're not trying to shoot these guys that will not be a problem
>>
>>44211766

This.

Stormtroopers at the start of A New Hope and the Snow Troopers in Empire Strikes Back were chewing through Rebel scum.
>>
>>44211633
e11's are just modified Sterlings.
>>
>>44211856
Almost all of the original series blasters are just WW1, WW2, and immediately postwar guns with a bunch of shit bolted on. Sometimes not very much, like the essentially unmodified MG34s some stormtroopers have. It'd an aesthetic I love, and one that the new movie is proudly carrying on by sticking M4 stocks on things and giving imperials a glock with some plastic bits and the front sight of an M16 glued onto the top. It's hastily thrown together blasters for the modern Era.
>>
>E 11
>Sufficient for hitting anything outside of a tight hallway.

Imperials pls, next you're gonna say Sheev did everything to save people from the Vong.
>>
File: m1 with starlight scope.jpg (700 KB, 1800x1447) Image search: [Google]
m1 with starlight scope.jpg
700 KB, 1800x1447
>>44211925
>tfw no stormtroopers to pop with this baby
>>
>>44211676
Blaster Rifle, as it's actually a low-power Plasma weapon.

Granted, the kick is higher and and requires a somewhat esoteric power source (tibanna gas) but it cuts through carapace armor with ease.

If anything, an average Blaster is Range 24" S4 AP4 Rapid Fire.
>>
>>44211615

...and your question is?
>>
>>44212189
Leia got shot in the arm and had only superficial damage.
Lasguns blow arms off as the explosively boil away fluid.

It's at an absolute stretch the same as a Hellgun, but that is being very generous with the fluff over what we actually see the gun doing.
>>
>>44211667
...and I think I'd stick with the sterling! More reliable and based on the films, probably more effective! ;-)
>>
>>44212383
I guess S4 is a bit much, but I wouldn't say they're the same as a Hellgun.

It is also important to mention, though, that Leia got blasted in the arm and couldn't use that arm anymore, and was only hit by a glancing blow. Had she taken a direct hit from one, it could have very well been another story.

One of the cited advantages of Lasguns (at least with regards to being hit by them) is that while they can send a victim into thermic shock, they will very likely live if they don't hit any organs and receive medical treatment. Blasters are usually pretty fatal as they burn right through a person usually, and even glancing blows are pretty brutal.

I guess 24" S3 AP4 Rapid Fire is better.
>>
>>44212474
You see her using that arm at the end of the movie. It's not even in a sling.
>>
>>44211615
>effective range

Okay how the fuck does this work, it doesn't shoot a bullet so what prevents the projectile from just traveling until it hits something

Do blaster shots have dropoff and eventually hit the ground lIke bullets? Does the energy dissipate harmlessly into thin air past a certain distance? What the fuck happens

The most basic questions need to be answered if any sense of disbelief is to be maintained since if it was real or practical everyone would know
>>
>>44212680
It is plasma, so it loses coherency after a certain distance, meaning it becomes weaker and more easily affected by the environment.
>>
>>44212474
More like AP3 S3. Also "it's plasma" means shit. Plasma isn't effective in 40k because it's just plasma, it's effective because it's fucking HOT. Imperial Plasma Guns fire what is basically a miniaturized solar flare, burning at a temperature over twenty million degrees (and is so hot the shot causes all those it passes closely to burst into flame). Even Tau Plasma is damn hot, managing to burn clean through shit like APC armor and out the other side.

>>44211676
Lasguns. Lasguns do more damage, have longer effective range (two kilometers), naturally regenerating ammo, are literally laser accurate, and very few moving parts.
>>
>>44212680
I'd expect an energy projectile like those put out by blasters to eventually lose some effectiveness due to atmospheric interference if you're not using them in a vacuum. Not as fast as 300 meters, probably.
On the other hand, I think sometimes "effective range" can also mean "how far away can something be before this gun is too inaccurate to hit it consistently" so it could be that.
>>
>>44212574
Unfortunately Blasters don't get any armor-piercing buffs when it comes to the best armor of all. Plot Armor.
>>
>>44212680
Effective range is how far our you can hit something consistently. While bullet-drop is a thing, the optics and recoil of your gun are also just as important of factors.
>>
>>44212741
>AP3
Why AP3? 3+ armour is stuff like Power Armour. We never see the blasters capable to getting close to that level of armour piercing.
>>
>>44212790
>"how far away can something be before this gun is too inaccurate to hit it consistently"

That's exactly what it means.

"Effective range" is the distance that a person can reasonably achieve a degree of accuracy in firing (For the average battle rifle today it's usually around 300m).

Maximum Effective Range is the maximum range that an extremely skill person can reasonably achieve a degree of accuracy.

Maximum Range is the physical limit the bullet will travel in some form. At the tail end of Maximum Range, a bullet is extremely inaccurate and loses a great deal of its killing power (I can tell you first hand that buckshot at the end of maximum range will do nothing more than sting you slightly worse than an airsoft gun, and that's if you're not wearing any protective clothing whatsoever like a heavy jacket).
>>
>>44212880
Plot armour aside, that is what we visually see and as that is what is canon, we know that Blasters are not all that great.
>>
>>44212961
Woops that was a typo on my part. I meant AP5.
>>
>>44212990
We also see Stormtroopers... storming the Tantive IV and the Rebel defenses on Hoth with ease.
>>
File: 1431364102148.jpg (171 KB, 535x933) Image search: [Google]
1431364102148.jpg
171 KB, 535x933
I'd rather keep my lasgun, if it's all the same to you
>>
>>44213491
Yes. Blasting apart unarmored people in thermal underpants.
>>
>>44213626

Given the tech levels shown in Star Wars, those thermal underpants could very easily incorporate an energy disapating weave designed to mitigate incoming fire *and* keep the wearer toasty warm at the same time.
>>
>>44213699
Except we have no reason to believe such. As we as we know they were only insulated unifroms.
>>
>>44211615
I fucking HATE the E-11. It's such an inaccurate piece of SHIT and does fuck all for damage.

I was standing directly in front of some Rodian Sniper and unloaded 20 shots at him. Only half of them them hit and he was still alive.

At that point I switched to my lightsaber and cut his hands off. Watching him scream in agony was satisfying.

If you want a good blaster rifle grab an A280 or a DC-15A.

The former is like the lovechild of a Mosin-Nagant and a Kalashnikov. It's sturdy and accurate with a decent clip and they're everywhere. It's also pretty moddable.

The latter is the Ubermensch of Blaster rifle. It's tough, has a big clip and insane stopping power. Seriously, you'll be blowing off limbs with the DC-15 series.
>>
>>44213626
It looks like they're wearing armored vests.
>>
>>44214750
It also looks like Stormtroopers wear armor.
>>
>>44212741
>burning at a temperature over twenty million degrees

Bullshit.
>>
>>44214914
Plasma weapons are always described as star-like anon, not to mention that they melt everybody in the blast radius and ignite everything they pass by.

Also y'know, mass is relative to energy. A twenty million degree object that weighs less than a gram won't be setting the atmosphere on fucking fire.
>>
>>44213594
Fair enough. It's a bit clunky in my opinion but it's your call.
>>
>>44211676
Blasters are described as being capable of blasting chunks off concrete walls.
Lasguns are described as being capable of blasting chunks off concrete walls.
All other things being equal, I'd take the one with the easily recharged power pack.
>>
>>44211925
>giving imperials a glock with some plastic bits and the front sight of an M16 glued onto the top
That's just the new thermal detonator.
>>
>>44215686
kek
>>
>>44211615
But, my proficiency is in Gun Combat (Slug pistol) at 3 ranks.
I'm not fucking eating a -4 penalty for using Gun combat (energy rifle)
>>
>>44212990
They blow grapefruit sized chunks out of steel or adobe walls, to the point that they seriously injure or kill from the shrapnel, based on what we see. I wouldn't call that "not all that great" as far as carbines go.

>>44215559
I'm with this guy to an extent. It depends on if you want the AK-47 of the scifi laser rifle world with a bitchin' bayonet, or you prefer your gun to be more compact and come with a stun setting.
>>
>>44211615
300 meters?
Thats like what? 7 yards?
Thats bullshit.
>>
File: 1449698322489.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1449698322489.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>44216260
>300 metres is 7 yards

o i am laffin
>>
File: Imperial_Emblem.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Emblem.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>>44214862
Sweet!
>>
>>44216260
330 yards more like it
>>
>>44216156
No they don't. The Stromtroopers fall over like complete retards from a couple pebbles we see falling on them.
>>
File: Stormtroopers_f36ff76a.jpg (84 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Stormtroopers_f36ff76a.jpg
84 KB, 768x432
>>44211721
>>44211766
The instance in which Stormtroopers are shit at hitting the main characters is also the instances in which they have been ordered to allow the Rebels to escape.

Tracking device has been placed on the Millennium Falcon, which is useless if the Rebels don't get to it and actually escape. So the Stormtroopers sit there, doing their damnedest to miss shots they could make in their sleep so the plucky farmboy and his ilk will get on the ship and get away. The only fly in the ointment is Obi Wan, who might be able to find and ditch the device before they high-tail it back to the Rebel base. Vader intercepts him and he never makes it on board.

On Bespin all the Rebels are high value VIP's that they don't actually want to kill, just herd into the Falcon where the deliberately broken hyperdrive and cruisers overhead will make them easy pickings - none of the Troopers actually want to be the one to cuff the wookie.

Tantave IV? Hoth? Rebel Troops massacred in stand up fights.

The only odd fight out is Endor, and even there, its a bunch of cocky 'we're the Emperor's best' fucks who don't take the Ewoks seriously, and end up getting their shit served to them Viet Cong style. They actually spring the trap on the commando team flawlessly, they just didn't account for getting dogpiled by several thousand furry midget cannibals.
>>
>>44213626
>Blasting apart unarmored people in thermal underpants.

Because blasters largely render body armor obsolete, especially for resource-stretched factions like the Rebellion.

Blasters can penetrate the overwhelming majority of body armor (including Stormtrooper armor if it's a direct hit), so the majority of forces don't bother with it. Those who do, like the Empire, do so because A) they use the full-body suits to provide a hermetic seal, protect the body from shrapnel and combat maneuvers, B). because it's psychologically intimidating, and C). they have the money to justify that expense.

The Rebellion largely didn't bother with armor besides your basic helmet/elbow/knee pads because it really wouldn't have done much good.
>>
>>44217777
No, blasters penetrate armor we know to be shit. Plastoid is only good against pressure waves and shrapnel- otherwise it's shit and gets penetrated by fucking SPEARS as seen when the Clones got BTFO by the Talz in the Clone Wars. Proper body armor exists, such as the alloys used in Star Wars tank armor that nobody seems to realize would probably make some good body armor, and there was a shitload of stuff in the Old EU before the retcon that could stand up to Blaster shots or even laugh them off.
>>
>>44217980
Imperial plastoid was rated against most projectile weapons, but it's possible that the Clones in that earlier period had more ineffectual armor.
>>
>>44216260
How long do you think a metre is exactly?
Or how long do you think a yard is for that mater?
>>
>>44211676

Starwars is fantasy scifi, rule of hero's journey
40k is fantasy scifi, rule of grimdark

They're both fantasy scifi. All attributes of what you're trying to argue are literally slaves to plot devices, not plot devices themselves.

Find a better OP.
>>
I don't understand why one would think traditional ballistic weaponry won't work well in a vacuum. In fact, it would work better in a vacuum than in atmosphere, so long as you can modify it so it is cooled by something other than air.

With no air resistance and little gravity interference, your projectiles would retain energy indefinitely until it strikes something, allowing for an effectiveness range of infinity, so long as your gun is accurate enough for it.
>>
>>44223020
>effective range
slow projectiles
also
poor armor penetration
>>
>>44223074
In 40k and Star Wars, ballistic weaponry are always more powerful, and have greater penetration capabilities. Energy weapons work off heat, and heat energy almost always carry less penetrating power than kinetic energy given the same timeframe. It takes a fraction of a second for a bullet to pass through a plate of steel, but it takes seconds for even the most powerful laser to burn through the same amount.

Unless the lasers are moving at the speed of light, which in every deception of energy weapons have depicted a slow travel time, this won't apply. And as the OP stated, going 2 times the speed of sound is more than fast enough if your lasers only have a range of 300ms anyways, when even a 5.56 rifle can expect to hit someone with semi-auto fire 800m away.
>>
>>44223110
>In 40k the most powerful weapons are ballistic

lolwut. The most powerful weapons in 40k are all energy based. Plasma. Melta. Grav. Necron bullshittium.
>>
>>44223110
>lascannons take seconds to burn through steel
>>
>>44217555
pretty much
>>
File: Vostroyan_Firstborn_Command.jpg (3 MB, 2000x1068) Image search: [Google]
Vostroyan_Firstborn_Command.jpg
3 MB, 2000x1068
>>44215554
That's so you can betterVENERATE THE EMPEROR with it
>>
>>44216010
You realize you only take a -1 penalty for other weapon types, right?
>>
>>44223110
In Star Wars, slugthrowers are obsolete unless you're fighting Jedi.
>>
>>44224499
>In Star Wars, slugthrowers are obsolete unless you're fighting Jedi.

If there wasn't a Jedi hunter that utilized a double-barrel sawed off shotgun, I'll be disappointed. That's exactly the kind of weapon you'd want.
>>
I'm going to stick with this but thanks for the offer.
>>
>>44214914
We can already do that actually:
https://www.iter.org/sci/plasmaheating

The heat is contained by electro-magnectic fields: https://www.iter.org/sci/plasmaconfinement
>>
>>44223110
>ballistic weaponry are always more powerful, and have greater penetration capabilities. Energy weapons work off heat, and heat energy almost always carry less penetrating power than kinetic energy given the same timeframe. It takes a fraction of a second for a bullet to pass through a plate of steel, but it takes seconds for even the most powerful laser to burn through the same amount.
True IRL as of now but not in 40k or SW.
See >>44223152 and >>44224499
>>
>>44224980
>lmao 2mags
>2mags
>>
>>44224980
Twice as powerful or twice the amount of shots?
Or is it half as effective as a standard Las?
Why else would it need two power packs?

>>44226087
Power packs, not magazines.
>>
File: blaster impact.png (529 KB, 837x480) Image search: [Google]
blaster impact.png
529 KB, 837x480
>>44212990
Except that they do fist-sized holes in walls.
>>
>>44226285
guess I'll grab one the next time I have to shoot a wall then
>>
>>44211615
The Repeater generally was better because the stormtrooper rifle came with an uncontrollable spread that was too small to be of any use, but large enought to make you occasionally miss.
>>
>>44226285
So are they like modern bone saws?
Absolutely destructive against inanimate objects but can't even break the skin.
>>
>>44226834
Leia getting winged and luke's synthflesh hand getting hit seem to be the only times I remember it striking "Flesh"

They did seem to cause only minor damage, maybe it's better at damaging hard objects by force-expanding all the cracks than it is at boiling the water out of meat.

Or Luke got it with a poorly maintained pistol and the Stormtrooper that shot leia really only got a tiny hit in, or she was armored under that poncho thing, or after spending an asston of ammo shooting at Ewoks he was on low-charge to conserve power against soft teddy-bear targets.

>>44226690
In Dark Forces and Jedi Knight? I always found it funny how much more accurate the high-speed repeater rifle was compared to the standard E-11. (Until you put the scope on the E-11 in MotS)
>>
>>44227058

Well, it still took her out of the fight and I'd give very good odds that if they had helmets they likely had armour under those ponchos.
>>
>>44224499

Is there even any canon saying that slugthrowers are any good vs jedi?
>>
>>44227202
Not canon, no.
Not even old EU. Usually slugthrowers weren't shotguns, and just regular rifles and pistols, which Jedi either parried or dodged.
>>
>>44217555

>On Bespin all the Rebels are high value VIP's that they don't actually want to kill, just herd into the Falcon where the deliberately broken hyperdrive and cruisers overhead will make them easy pickings - none of the Troopers actually want to be the one to cuff the wookie.

Excellent summary.

One note on Bespin, though. Remember, Vader's whole plan revolves around the fact that Luke is precognitive. Vader tortures Han and Leia and Chewy because he wants Luke to have visions of it happened (to draw him there). But for this to work, Luke also needs to foresee that only him showing up can save them.

So Vader's plan is for the gang to escape once Luke arrives. The hyperdrive on the Millennium Falcon is disabled, so they can easily be recaptured, but the escape itself will trick Luke's precog enough that he'll risk showing up.

Notice how Yoda points out that if Luke goes to Cloud City that he *can* help his friends escape. If escape had been inevitable, or if the stormtroopers hadn't allowed the escape, then Yoda would have foreseen that Luke going there wouldn't have made a difference. To draw Luke in, Vader had to engineer a situation where his help would make a difference, at least briefly.
>>
>>44227058
Well, even without mentionning the lack of budget for makeup on the corpses, the movies would have been pretty restricted if they had shown people getting blown to bits.

>Until you put the scope on the E-11 in MotS
Wait, the first Jedi Knight had customizable weapons ? Why didn't they put that in the other games ?
>>
>>44214914

You're confusing heat with temperature. Incredible temperatures like that are perfectly possible for small masses.
>>
>>44227306
Still couldn't bounce them back at you, which was the important part.

>>44227453
Well they did show a big squib explosion or two on the torsos of people in the Death Star Detention Block.

Also it was only in MotS and it was something for a few of the different guns, alt ammo-types and the Sniper scope could be pulled up by pressing the weapon key a second time, they had the sniper scope for the E-11 that ate double the ammo for 2-3x the power at a long range with perfect accuracy, (It's actually needed to solve some puzzles) "Flash Grenades" as an alternate Thermal Detonator (Still not quite sure what they do) and seeking rail-charges for the rail-detonator.

Scoped E-11 was the best weapon in the game.
>>
File: blasters.gif (5 MB, 480x208) Image search: [Google]
blasters.gif
5 MB, 480x208
>>44212990
Yah those blasters definitely don't look powerful at all!
>>
>>44229804
It looks random whether or not it explodes.
Maybe it explodes on a crit.
>>
>>44230422
The exploding ones are from one of the Falcon's turrets, Anon is being disingenuous.
>>
File: 1436716521020.jpg (241 KB, 757x837) Image search: [Google]
1436716521020.jpg
241 KB, 757x837
>>44211615
I'm not even a 40kfag, but I'd rather take an Imperial Guardsman Lasgun in any non-40k setting.

>Recoil is optional
>nigh unlimited ammo
>.3 kilos lighter
And I think it has equal or grater range. Also, seeing as it is shooting a legit laser, the attack travels faster, like too fast for a guy with a laser sword to deflect. Possibly.
>>
>>44230630
Unless you catch them unaware (even then, good luck), they'd start dodging before you fire, and manage it.
>>
>>44230630
>like too fast for a guy with a laser sword to deflect. Possibly.
Jedi use precognition to deflect shot.
>>
>>44230685
>>44230692
Guardsmen usually come in packs though. And we've seen what happened to the Jedis that were attacked by large numbers of clones
>>
>>44230520
Except the turrets aren't firing in this scene.
No turret shown or heard, chewie is in the cockpit, ben and luke in the main hold, and the turrets aren't remote controlled on the Falcon.
After all, it's called a DL-44 HEAVY blaster pistol for a reason.
>>
>>44230817
>guardsmen
>clones
HERESY.

But yes, that'd end up fast. But in that case, it was Anon alone talking about this.
>>
>>44211615
>E-11 Inaccurate

No op. You are the demons.
>>
>>44230685
>>44230692
Fuck it, i'll just follow HK-47's advice and start spewing flamethrowers everywhere while being smashed out on stims and adrenals.
>>
>>44230848
Anon.

Just use a microwave.
>>
>>44230848
Atton and AK-47 agree, breaking their mind by killing their loved ones is the most effective thing.
>>
>>44231111
Yes, because I totally want an angry goddamn Darksider coming after my face.
>>
>>44230892
Blast them with a radar dish's emissions until they puke, then shoot them?
>>
>>44231287
No, weaponized microwaves. Melt them with a large wave based energy attack that is impossible to dodge and liquefies their organs.
>>
>>44223152
>lolwut. The most powerful weapons in 40k are all energy based. Plasma. Melta. Grav. Necron bullshittium.

Railguns. Demolishers. Battle Cannons. The most common powerful weapons that don't run on esoteric bullshitium ARE ballistics. However, the esoteric bullshitium weapons can seriously outperform them like Necron junk, Shokk Attakk Gunz, Wraithguns/Wraithcannons, etc.

>>44230823
Not the main quad turrets, but I believe there's a dropdown anti-personnel light gun that does start firing in that scene.
>>
>>44232839
>Not the main quad turrets, but I believe there's a dropdown anti-personnel light gun that does start firing in that scene.

Wait, I remember now, the dropdown turret is from ESB. You're totally right, all those explosions are from Han's blaster.
>>
>>44230828
That's what the Deathkorps are
>>
>>44227603

>Still couldn't bounce them back at you, which was the important part.

Well, not without going say 'Force Push' and railgunning your shot back into you.
>>
>>44230817

Those clones also backstabbed them, not took them out in a fair fight.
>>
>>44232839
None of those are more powerful than a meltagun.
>>
>>44233940
Railgun. S10 AP1. 72" range. Full penetration v. Living Metal. Melta. S8, AP1, 12" range. No bonus v. Living metal. Overpenetration v. other armors at suicidally close range.

Tell me which one is stronger again?
>>
>>44230520
Except if you watch the scene there is clearly no gunfire coming from the falcon. You're thinking of a similar scene in ESB.
>>
>>44235919
Is there any explanation given why the Imperium doesn't you use any weapons like the Railgun?

Magnetically accelerated projectile weapons are actually being built right now for Christs sake.
>>
>>44237974
Because the Imperium doesn't understand technology thus why they literally worship it. They use what they have and replicate it to the best they can and innovation / invention is heresy.
At least it was last time I cared about 40k, god knows what it's like now.
>>
>>44235919

That's a Heavy Railgun.

Not a Railgun (Which is only Str 8)
>>
>>44237974
Mechanicus Autism.
>>
>>44235919

The Meltagun? It's going to more reliably penetrate armour 14 at melta range.

That's also comparing a man-portable weapon with something they can only mound on a heavy tank.
>>
>>44238013
Sorry, I quit the game in 5e. There was no distinction then. Actually, no, back then 'Heavy' Railguns were the Titan-killer guns on a Tiger Shark that blew the shit out of superheavies.
>>
>>44238043

Yeah now the Railgun is Str 8 AP 3 and is what Broadsides have.

The Heavy Railgun is what your tanks have and is Str 10 AP 1
>>
>>44237974
Nova Cannon and several other types of anti-ship weapons.

They don't build small-scale railguns, but they do have them.
>>
>>44211676
Laguns, lethality is plenty to deal with anything in the star wars universe and more importantly the Lasgun is hilariously reliable and due to its impossibly efficient solar cells on its lasguns is a general's wet dream when it comes to logistics. Give a soldier a lasgun and a dozen charge packs and except for food he doesn't need resupply.
>>
>>44211985
I'm still trying to figure out why carrying a car battery around was considered an acceptable compromise for night optics.
>>
>>44238135

Because Night Optics were hilariously useful when opposing people without any such ability?

It's not general purpose, no but in the right situation it's very good.
>>
>>44237974
They do though. Macrocannons in ships use magnetic rails to fire their projectiles, same with the nova cannon. It simply isn't feasible to equip infantry with, because the Imperium numbers well over a billion worlds and there are quadrillions of lasguns floating around, along with their ammo. The only guys who may get an upgrade are the Admech and the Space Marines, but hypersonic bolter ammo already exists.
>>
>>44211676

Lasgun fires lasers
Blaster fires bolts of plasma

Logically, the Lasgun should be lighter, as it only requires an energy source, a light emitting element, and a focusing barrel. Whereas the Blaster needs to deal with gaseous ammo as well as an energy source, and all kinds of shit for dealing with plasma.
In their respective universes, however, blasters are generally lighter than comparable las-weapons.
Biggest universal difference: Blasters have stopping power, most las-weapons don't.
>>
>>44217555
>>44227446
THANK you. The 'stormtroopers stuck' running joke is so fucking dumb. The films outright tell you that the villains aren't trying to kill the heroes, and then people blame the stormtroopers for following their orders!
>>
>>44217130
>The Stromtroopers fall over like complete retards from a couple pebbles we see falling on them.

Nigga have you ever been hit in the head with a rock that weighs at least 5 pounds when you don't see it coming? That shit kills people, or at least gives them a serious concussion.
>>
>>44240916
Actually yes. A five pound concrete block fell on my head once. It shattered.
>>
>>44227058
Luke and Leia are both highly force sensitive and it is possible they unconsciously shielded themselves from harm. This also explains stormtroopers usual inability to hit them
>>
File: confused kitten.jpg (30 KB, 843x456) Image search: [Google]
confused kitten.jpg
30 KB, 843x456
>>44241010
>>
>>44237974
Logistics mostly. Almost every Imperial army is adhoc and thrown together in a panic, relatively speaking, for the size of the campaign and then distance they travel. Lasguns, as has been established, work everywhere and run on just about anything. Same reason why Leman Russ designs still get used even though they're tractors.
>>
File: 1433626445549.jpg (52 KB, 757x1055) Image search: [Google]
1433626445549.jpg
52 KB, 757x1055
>>44241173
The brick had two options. Die and shatter upon my head and cause zero injury, or wound me and have its entire brick-family, brick-culture,-brick-race, brick-species, and brick-planet destroyed.
>>
File: 1435024247194.jpg (77 KB, 472x538) Image search: [Google]
1435024247194.jpg
77 KB, 472x538
>>44241690
>>
File: 1433127044489.jpg (836 KB, 1400x990) Image search: [Google]
1433127044489.jpg
836 KB, 1400x990
>>44241743
Thanks for reminding, I almost forgot to kill you.
>>
>>44240522
How do you explain how retarded the stormtroopers and empire are in Return of the Jedi in the battle on the ground on endor?
>>
>>44241847
too bad those units suck donkey cock in game.
>>
>>44237974
If game rules and story had anything to do with each other the reason would be that lascannons are just amazingly more efficient. They are nearly as strong and penetrate armor nearly as well, but are much smaller and cheaper to produce in addition to all the reliability and ruggedness of las weapon technology.

A shitload of lascannons is the answer to everything space marine sized and up in the universe.
>>
>>44242487
Not it isn't. Lascannons take time to charge up and are incredibly unwieldy. The proper weapon to mass produce is plasma. It makes everything go away.
>>
>>44241191
>Leman Russ designs still get used even though they're tractors.
Ok, I hear this all the time and I've never seen a single source ever.

Is this a joke like how Panzers were produced under the guise of being tractors?
>>
>>44238064
Wow. Not him, but back in my time the rail riles of the pathfinders were AP3.
Now termies can shrug off broadsides ? Talk about a nerf.
>>
>>44243306
No, all rail weapons are AP1. Pathfinders have S6 rapid fire rail rifles, and broadsides are s8 heavy 1. A single s8 ap1 shot is still shit compared to the high yield missile pod though.

I've said it before but I think railguns should get lance. (While other things in the tau 'dex should get nerfed, promoting variety)
>>
>>44240522
>The 'stormtroopers stuck' running joke is so fucking dumb
Maybe, but do you prefer: "the main characters are all fucking retarded and can´t smell a trap stinking to high heavens, twice"?
>>
>>44242709
>The proper weapon to mass produce is plasma.
Except it is stated everywhere that they can´t, and the things they CAN make take highly qualified artisans and ages to produce, and those are fucking trash compared to ye olde ones.
And plasma is shit agianst heavy armour.
>>
>>44211615
yes sir
>salutes
>>
File: 1444332541943.jpg (110 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1444332541943.jpg
110 KB, 640x640
>>44241864
Plot, that is where the madness of starts.
>>
>>44241864
Easy, RotJ is a bad movie.
>>
>>44244041
the latter is easy to accept because main characters are forever going on about "This is a trap. Whats our next move?" "Spring the trap."
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.