[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /tg/, there are a lot of really good looking Warhammer video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Hi /tg/, there are a lot of really good looking Warhammer video games coming out soon and lately I've been playing a lot of Vermintide. But the thing is, I don't know the first thing about Warhammer.

I live in a small town with nowhere to buy tabletop games stuff nearby, nor do I have any friends that are into that stuff. So I never had the chance to get into Warhammer the proper way.

I figure you guys would be the best to ask, so here goes. What's the best way to get into Warhammer outside of playing the tabletop games? Any books that serve as a good primer for the lore? Specifically 40k since that seems to be what 90% of the vidya are based on.
>>
>>44210136
>there are a lot of really good looking Warhammer video games coming out soon
there are?
>>
>>44210153
Total war
Battlefleet
Some eisenhorn thing
Eternal Crusade is a thing(?)
Rodentwave
Mordheim
>>
>>44210153
To me at least, Total Warhammer, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada and Eternal Crusade look great. I've been enjoying Mordheim and Vermintide.

There are a lot of Warhammer video games coming out that interest me very much.
>>
>>44210136
I first got into it through its TVTropes and 1d4Chan pages. They both put the setting in such a fun and ridiculous context that I kept getting drawn into it the more I read about it. If you can get your hands on any of them, play some of the Dawn of War games. None of them are perfect, but they're damn fun, and each is a display of a good chunk of the setting. Space Marine is also pretty good for providing a generic narrative of the setting.
>>
>>44210254
I'd argue that Space Marine is an unusual narrative.
>>
>>44210187
>Rodentwave

I exhaled sharply with amusement.
>>
>>44210310
Hmm, yeah you're right. But it presents some of the most casual parts of the game very well. Ork Waaagh! on a Titan Forge World, fought back by some Cadians, reinforced by some Ultramarines, and accidentally exploited by a Chaos warband using some wacky Warp Macguffin. It explored a lot of entry-level pieces of the fluff really well.
>>
>>44210198
There appears to be no vertical movement in Battlefleet Gothic. Seems like a fairly important aspect to space battles.
>>
>>44210421
As long as it plays close to Empire at War's space battles, I'll be happy.
>>
Is Eternal Crusade looking good? Hadn't heard of it up until now.
>>
>>44210602
It's in a weird place right now because it's basically a very different game than it will be on release. The current state of the game is basically Warhammer 40k: Battlefield.

But the idea is once they have the mechanics and gunplay balanced and feeling good, it's going to be scaled up to Warhammer 40k: Planetside.
>>
>>44210716
Worth buying alpha access?
>>
>>44210738
I can't say personally since I don't have it, but I doubt it. Watch gameplay and decide for yourself if you really want to play that.

I've heard there's some internal issues with the development team, but I don't know any details.
>>
>>44210187
You forgot about that one First Person Shooter being made by the developers of E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. Soon, I'll finally have the FPS 40k game I always wanted.

But yeah Eternal Crusade is real and in alpha stage right now.
>>
>>44210738
Looks like any other shooter and the devs are back on their promises already.
>>
File: BG Imperial Navy fleet.jpg (155 KB, 1023x528) Image search: [Google]
BG Imperial Navy fleet.jpg
155 KB, 1023x528
>>44210421
>>44210449
There's no vertical movement because the devs decided to make an RTS based as closely as possible on the rules of the actual miniatures game.

Given that BFG was an awesome system to play, I'm not particularly worried.
>>
>>44210867
>finally
this isn't the first FPS space hulk game
>>
>>44212377
It's the one he's always wanted though. The older ones probably feel clunky in comparison.
>>
>>44211428
Like what?

Mariachiwing has been awfuly quiet recently, and I'm kinda worried, especially after hearing this.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.