[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grand Kingdom Game VI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 15
File: Newest Map.jpg (3 MB, 1848x1608) Image search: [Google]
Newest Map.jpg
3 MB, 1848x1608
Rules

1. Each Turn is One Season

2. I will launch each season with a random event.

3. For you to take a valid turn you must link the new season random event and use the following format.

"Research"
"I want to research this type of technology"
(include a 1d20 roll if you wish to research)

"Build"
"I WIsh to build this random thing"
(No role required but you must have appropriate material)

"Trade"
"These are the trades I agreed upon last season"
(You can make as many as you want but they do not take effect untill you list them in your action the following turn"

"Citizen/people"
"I want to explore this/attack tha/ Build ships"
(This is how you use your population, Note exploring territory does not make it yours untill you sieve it with troops.)

4. You must have a name and a trip code. If two people claim the same spot It will go to the first person with a trip code
>>
Lenqus :
>Steam Train
Combined with your previous research your scients manage to creat an amazing sight of steel and steam. Massive steam engines built in the famous Lenqus foundries mounted in the front cart create more then enough power The Lenqus Steam Trains.
> Iron Spire
Your builders creat a massive iron spire 80 feet tall in the center of your Heartland
>Settling the South West coast
You have a large happy population, your (king?)s decree to settle there is taken up by many pilgrims

>Albatros
>Research Trebuchets [19]
Your first attempts at creating wooden siege engines goes very well. You create Trebuchets that are 25' tall and can throw quarter ton boulder (500lbs)
> More Ships
You create 50 more galeons, how are they equip?
>Ivory arrowheads
Your people carve your entire supply of ivory to create enough arrowheads to equip your archers, you have crossbows correct? If not they will go to all your ship archers.
>Pirates and Sakes
20 ships carrying pirates arrive at your shores with crates of snakes and you give them 3000
gold
Baroxy Commonwealth
>Digging deeper [12]
After multiple tries and the loss of many lifes you put your iron picks to intense work. You have developed the technology [Deep Earth Mining] minerals that require more heat and preasure to create can only be found deep in the earth. Your gem mine is upgraded to a Diamond mine and coupled with your massive iron supply your iron mine is the single most productive iron mine in the world.
>build and send pirates advanced iron weapons
done, they have them.
>Attack
Your 6000 Swords secure the road way, not all the peasants called to join the militia deffense of the capitol and I'll roll the battle for the North most town shortly
>>
Nourthern Soul
>Cannons on the steam tanks
One of Northern Souls world renown cannon is afixed to one of Greenlands Steamtanks with the previously researched mounting brackets, the first shot is so powerful it rips the top of the tank clean off.
[you do not make any headway at all however you did succed last time. The problem is not with your cannons or your mounting technologies, as I said the problem is the tank itself]
>Horses
You construct a breeding farm for your horses near your southern port city, one of the fastest growing cities in the world. This location is the best for the horses themselves.
>Malasian fortification
Your stone masons arrive to help fortify the capitol.

Greenland
>Tanks
your lead researchers on North pearl island stand with the researchers from Nourthern Soul and stare at a smoking steam tank, the top torn clean off. Your tanks remain unimproved.
>Bonus
Yes, however the difficulty of the project itself sometimes increades the dc of the roll needed
>Lighthouses
You construct towers with giant buring bon fires on the top all along your coast lines making it easier for your navy to sail at night.
>border expansion
You can claim the northern island but you will have to explore the southern islands before you can claim them

Perlushian Nomads
>town
I'm assuming you read the chart yx instead of xy becasue 27, 23 is in Baroxies terrotory, So I put the town at 23,27
>Star Metal [5]
though your smiths try for many hours, the star metal refuses to yield to your hammers

You should Probably think long and hard about the coming war as right now you are allowing hill and wood to let camel mounted soldiers pass through your lands to attack The Commonwealth

Pirates
>Steam Engine
You dont have any of the materials of technologies that led up to these,
>Port town
The Baroxy commonwealth I believe DID offer that to you
>You capture many crates of poisionous snakes though you lose 40 men to snake bites, however this gets you 3000 gold from Albatross
>>
Hill and Wood
>steam engine
You develop a basic steam engine powered by coal fire, however it is not very large or powerful (yet)
> Settlement of farming communities
Your offer of land grands is taken up by many citizens looking for better lifes and two small communities sprout up, on on south western edge of your forrested farming the land near Sargeras's border, the other in the coastal land south of the mountains in your recently claimed land, very close to the Nomads new cheese making settlements,
> Your new shiny army attacks The Commonwealth
You should probably talk to the Nomads about sending troops through their lands however I will roll the battle shortly

Venicia
>Proppelar Air Ships[3]
Greenland and Nourthern Souls researchers are to busy to help out much and Lenqus is making major headway into steam trains to help out much. Though you have experienced pulots your attempts at (Mechanical?) propellars results in another crashed airship, though so much work has given you clews into future research
>A Bank and Money
The contruction of a bank in your capitol city[where is that, also your two towns so I can mark them] along with giving air travel discounts to those who use your new gem based currancy leads to their spread through every town with an airport, they also seem to be appearing in some major port cities
Your Air Ships draw many people, especially those with a brave and adventerous heart.

Yumatsu
>Dance and Music[12]
finally after years of practive your royal drummers can finally play a beat that doesnt make those from other nations cringe in horror an your dance, though nothing beautiful is at least somewhat graceful
> Public Baths
You construct public baths connected to your aquaducts.
>Summer Festival
You Hold one
>>
Sargeras
I cant deny two nat 20s in a row
>gunpowder
Your alchemists bring in saltpeter and mix it with the charcoal made from your rare jungle trees and create gunpowder
>Architect School
you contruct a school for architechts in your capitol near your alchemist labs
>Train citizens into soldiers
You train another 375 troops, dont forget to equip them next time

Stalagian Tribes
>Fishing
You never roleld
>You sail to war
3000 of your men take up their legendary steal swords and armor, 1000 of them mounting their riding polar bears. You sail around Mals and arrive near their iron mines trapping the Commonwealth's soldiers In Mals itself

I will roll the battle
>>
>>44210083
Aw yeah
>>
>>44210127
Yeah, I haven't asked him directly but he didn't object and we are allied, I don't think he will mind.

Good to hear it's going well on the tech/development front
>>
>>44210299
Well he made agreement with me to guard the border in exchange for deep desert so I would like to see his agreement before any attack.
>>
>>44210142
I knew that I had to stand my hope of your return!!!
By the way, that festival may give me some kind of bonus like a little increase of population?

>>44210184
Hey, very interesting lore your folk has. I didnt know it >>44209872
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

Roll One
The Baroxy Commonwealth's soldiers spread out across the highway capturing it easily this actually stops 2000 of your militia men to be killed on the road way to the capitol

The 2000 Claws of Zaz raiders make their way down the newly captured highway with 900 raw recruits in tow, attacking the North most port city of Mals, whose men folk population had just been called to defend the capitol

1-6 The Raiders Slaughter the Women and Children Claiming the City

7-14 The raiders claim the city however they suffer some loses as the women deffend their homes, 100 claws and 400 infantry are killed but the city is yours.

15-17 The City is taken but 300 claws are lost and 600 Infantry

18-19 The fighting is a bloody stalemate 500 claws and 700 infantry die and the city is left a scared battlefield but not taken
20 The citys defenses are enough to repel the attack, 1000 claws and the infantry perish and the remaining raiders retreat.
>>
>>44210319
Weird, he handed all that knowledge over to me for an alliance. It seems the wily fox has tried to remain neutral.

I assume he'll continue to remain neutral.
>>
>>44210403
Letting a foreign army march through your lands is far from neutral so I'd like to see conformation before I have to deal with you.
>>
>>44210184
Would you and not her mind putting up trades.
Not at my computer, at work on a cell. Exceeding difficult to put that up.
This turn I'll have my citizens gather and place a sustainable herd of sheep and go though with the next turn, if everything is good to go on your end.
>>
>>44210389
Why thank you.

>>44210515
Sure, I'll put it up in a bit.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44210397
Battle Two

The Mighty Stalgian Tribesmen land their longboats in the "Iron Neck" of the captured Mals territory, Their Mighty Bear cavalry leads the charge attacking The Commonwealth from the South

1 The claws and sSwords of the tribesmen cut down the Swords of the Commonwealth and claim the mining town as well as a large part of the highway, cutting down 3000 Of the swords and trapping the remaining Commonwealth soldiers in the recently taken port city
2-7 The fearsome men and even fearsome bears they ride win a decisive victory, killing 2000 swords and only losing 400 of their own men doing it, they retake the iron mines
8-14 The fighting is bloody, The tribesman manage to only take the beach, losing 600 of their own men in the process but inflicting 1000 deaths upon The Commonwealth.
15-19 The Veteran Soldiers from the south are very skilled soldiers, in a battle fought on the beach they manage to throw the Tribesman back into the ocean, killing 1,200 of the Vikings and only losing 500 men
20 The Commonwealth soldiers fear no bear! They kill 600 of the bear riders and another 1000 of the Vikingings infantry, It is a glorious day
>>
>>44210554
My luck has turned
>>
>>44210397

I did want to ask was any resources found off my coasts and my seas?
Fish, whales, ruins, idk wrecked ships?

>>44210554
God damn..
>>44210403
Not willing to trade gun production designs, even the basic one?
>>
>>44210515
This is not a new turn

>>44210403
>>44210319
I Rule that the battle will happen as a suprise attack, the Nomads took their turn to do something else anyways and will have to choose how to respond in the next turn, as they couldnt intervene now anyway
>>
>>44210601
Okey dokey boss.
>>
>>44210601
That seems the best compromise
>>
Sorry I was amused with my summer festival to get it. Why Sargeas is under attack?
>>
>>44210594
Check the other thread man I have no "basic" gun designs. Literally first successful roll was a 20/20 so I got some really fine rifles.

Because of their quality I'm limiting how many I'm giving out for now. Besides I can only make so many!

>>44210690
He isn't, don't know why he reacted like that to the battle.
>>
Hi, Odd!
>>
>>44210690
I'm not. Just the chances.
>>44210702
Ah, well do let me know.
>>
>>44210083
Also yes, it is King. Descended from the God of the Lake himself.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

Battle Three
Half the army slips through the Nomad territory in the night, camels pulling cannons and men wielding musket, the speed of the mounts quickly get them to the Fort and Iron Mine in the commonwealths border territory

Though the Fort provides a nice defensive bonus the soldiers are all called to the North

However the men from the local mine man the battlements using improved iron weapons

1-4 The cannons Bring down the walls of the ancient fort easily, slaughtering the townsfolk

5-12 The superior tech of the trained military is to much for the untrained militia, the fortress falls but not before Hill and Wood loses 400 men
13-15
The Professional army takes the fort but not without losing 500 men
16-19 The Fortress holds out, and Hill and Wood lose 600 men however it will not hold out against another attack
20 Somehow the local untrained peasants hold out! killing 1000 of the enemy, the fortress is old but strong!
>>
Newest Map.jpg
3 MB, 1848x1608
Rolled 16 (1d20)

Guys This is the start of summer, I'm going to do a massive reply again like this, I'll be back in 2 hours to see who as replied and again at 11 am EST tomorrow

The roll will be revealed later as its a SUPRISE
>>
>>44210876
We the Baroxy Commonwealth are very surprised that the fine kingdom of Hills and Wood would attack us as we have never done any hostile actions towards them. We shall research the best way to incorporate these new diamonds into weaponry. We shall also raise a new infantry regiment. The Claws shall come down to slaughter those Stalagian pigs encircling the swords then combine both army and force back to the iron mine. I will remind you that the Claws are a trained anti-Calvary force and will focus on peppering them with barbed arrows then baiting them into a wall of spears as the Swords push forward out of the city for a prong attack.
>>
>>44210876
Wait I thought we just did summer
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44210876
We research how to attach propellers to the backs of the airships and Dreadnoughts.We explore the Southern Islands. We build towns on the Southern Islands.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>44210960
>>
>>44211001
We do, I think Odd will began the next season in 2 hous but give these who dont play his summer actions yet (Camaro) and the ones that want some trades time to do it
>>
>>44211181
Oh, I thought that he just made a mistake and meant fall.
>>
>>44211297
That may be possible too
I thought Odd start new seasons with a illustration of them
>>
>>44210876
As I do a summer festival showing the greatness of my kingdom, may I won a bonus like a little increase on my population?
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>44210876
Well this is getting rather bloody.

>Research
Advanced Fortifications

>Build
Advanced Steel weapons from my stockpile of steel

>Trade
Nothing right now pirates would take it anyway.

>Citizen/people
I'm sending all my troops but a garrison of 2000 from my capital to help the stalagians at the iron mine.
>>
>>44210065
Wait.. is it too late to get in on this?
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>44210876
The border gore of the South-East is something to behold.

1.Research: Superior steam powered automation. E.g Factories with powered conveyor belts or other basic pieces of machinery, begin improving steam power and incorporating it for efficiency in a variety of ways. If possible I'd like to partly do this with my build activity by enlarging foundries.

2. Build: See above. If that isn't possible I'll build a great library to bring greater literacy to my capital

3. Trades :

>1,850 rifles to my esteemed friends in Northern Soul for Bombs and advanced cannons

> Ship building knowledge to my nomad allies in return for some medicine

> 500 rifles for 5 airships of the Venician people

> Recieved advanced metallurgy from the brave people of Mal

4. People: With the recieved knowledge of steel smelting I'd like my people to begin replacing iron tools for steel and generally phasing out iron in favour of steel where possible. Including in the armour given to my troops. Hopefully this will allow us to better exploit the natural resources of the united kingdoms of hill, wood, plain and far-shore.

>>44210960
I've no further plans to advance after this attack (I didn't think I'd even take the mine and fort). I'll be willing to negotiate with you following your cessation of hostilities with the people of Mal-land. I am trying to maintain the balance of power and not conquer someone else.

Guys I assumed it was a typo and he'll come back and write up what he sees. If not, here's my go anyway.

>>44211760
The war of the first coalition is certainly going down in the history books.
>>
>>44211857
I haven't seen your trip before so I'll assume you haven't played before. There are no open kingdoms, but there's a chance someone may drop out and their place open up, sorry.
>>
>>44211885
>> Recieved advanced metallurgy from the brave people of Mal

Are you sure? The pirates might intercept the plans. Its your decision cause I have no ships, but if you choose to send ships to my capital with an emissary I'll gladly give you the technology.
>>
The game master will return in 2 hours, but all lands has been claimed so I think that would be not possible for the moment
>>
>>44211939
I can collect them, I thought they'd been sent no problem.

What with Greenland becoming master of the middle sea after all.
>>
>>44211961
Well the pirates took a contract to intercept all trade to me. But yeah you're right greenlands navy presence should prevent them from doing much pirateering.
>>
>>44211961
>>44211999
If they attack your ships in MY seas, I'll attack them and their employer.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44210876
I guess I'll put up my actions in case we do indeed get another turn.

If our people are truly to be paragons of freedom, we need real cheese for cheeseburgers. So our research goes on. Maybe we could develop yogurt too.

Science has clearly proven to be the way to the future. So near the Iron Spire, in the heart of the plains, we shall establish the Lenqus University for the Study of Natural Phenomenon, or LUSNP. They're rivals with the Lenqus-Northern Soul Joint University (LNSJU), constantly seeking to outdo each other.

I have traded for Sheep, Spices, and various fruits from Sargeras.

Lastly, I send men to Hill and Wood to build a steam train, in exchange for as many rifles as he is willing to spare.
>>
>>44212187
>1

Merely a temporary setback
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>44210876

VICTORY ON THE IRON NECK! WE SHALL DRINK FROM THEIR SKULLS!

Research: We have bested a foe in the field of combat, and their fallen lie in our hands. We examine their weapons and armour to learn from them, and how to best them again.

Build: With wood and Iron we bolster the defences on the Iron neck.

An offer is made to the People of Mals who inhabit the neck, fresh - liberated from the skittish mares of Baroxy. If you are willing and brave, we shall train and arm you to join the warriors of legend. Stand alongside us in battle, to defend your homes and win your glory!

People: In the frozen north, the night lasts all winter; and the nose of the Bear is valued in the hunt more then pitiful light. As the short-dark nights of summer fall we shall harry the Baroxans with Steel-clad man and bear, burning their camps and supplies. They will starve upon the road before they ever see their southern lands.

And we shall hold the Iron neck lke the Anvil of the forge. Do the Manfolk of Mals have it in them to play the Hammer?
>>
>>44212216
>>44211760
Lets do this.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44210876

Research: Fire breathers and Fire dancers
Having a variety of oils and knowing of dance, I want to improve my army with this kind of martial art

Build: training fields for my soldiers

Trade: I has agree with Northern Soul to have a constant supply of his mead and gunpowder in exchange of a constant supply of my Yumatsu Fire and fruits

Citizen/people: I want 2000 of them to specialize in Healers and 2000 in performers

This from the last summer >>44211586

>>44211297
Odd probably misspelled fall so take your turn, I think all would do that
>>
>>44212279
I took mine.
>>44211065
>>
Ah, the game is up. Let me get my stats and I'll post soon.
>>
>>44211885
By attacking me you have already tipped the balance of power against the whole southern part of this world, as the northern alliance of Northern Soul, Lenqus, Venecia and Camaro can easily take all southern nations even united. Sure you think they are your allies but wait till they grow a want for land and you are left to fight them alone. Let's not forgot Greenland's tyranny of the seas so good luck trading if you ever annoy him.
>>
>>44212487
>tyranny
I JUST HATE PIRATES. WHAT'S SO TYRANNICAL ABOUT THAT?
>>
>>44212487
You're right. Maybe you shouldn't have plunged the whole region into chaos by starting a war. Hmmmm
>>
>>44212524
I'll be honest with you, I just got bored of all the trading and alliances.
>>
>>44212513
You might hate pirates a tad too much lad.
>>
>>44210127
My Capital is on the Mountain in my territory

---
Venicia Stats
---

Population:
Military
2,000 infantry
Units:
17 Flying Contraptions
3 Propellar Airships

Resources:
Mountain Gem Mines
Wild Horses
Bay- Fish, Narwhal
North Eastern Shore - Fish, King Crab (Gone for the Winter)
Whale: [Oil] (2x) [Blubber] (3x) [Meat] (3x) Leather (1x)

Trade Resources:
>Greenland
Fruit
Medicine
Clocks
>Northern Soul
Coal
50 Bombs
250 Improved Cannons
>Hill and Wood
500 Rifled Muskets

Traded Technology:
Cartography
Ballistae
Survivalism
Tracking
Steam Engines

Technology:
Narwhal Hunting! - Brings: oil, blubber, meat and horn. Known: Narwhal Migration
Hot Air Balloons! [Design Level: Good]
Sky Sails - Aerial Sailing - Winter Sailing
Whale Leather
Standardized Currency (Gold/Gem)

Buildings:
Basic Fishery
Pasturelands
Root Cellar - Ice House
Sky Dock - Airships currently drawing in Tourism
Post Office
Hospital
[Airfield Testing Ground - North Pearl Island]
Bank - Gem Currency spread to all Skyports

Other:
Established Air-Trade Routes w/ Greenland and Northern Soul

Politics:
We are Allies with Northern Soul, our Northern neighbor and friend
We are in Allies with Greenland, our Southern neighbor and friend
We have Allies with Hill and Wood
We have diplomatic contact with Lenqus, our Eastern neighbor and friend
We have diplomatic contact with Yumatsu across the sea
>>
>>44212629
They became my enemy when they entered my seas and sheltered my other enemy, the CANNIBALS. Pirates and cannibals. You can't hate either of these two groups too much.
>>
Guys, I need a name for these wars in south
>>
>>44212688
The Wars of
Damn, I'm not creative enough.
>>
>>44212603
>I'll be honest with you, I just got bored of all the trading and alliances.

Wars of the bored King
>>
>>44212688
Commonwealth vs Everyone nearby
>>
>>44212688

The Salt Wars
>>
Oh, yea it SHOULD of been for fall, but I was thinking summer for some reason, and no one wants that result on this upcoming fall, so the random event is canceled, I'll make this winters and interesting one with lots of possibilities, but that wont be till the morning probably, I think one or two turns a day is good except on Mondays where it will be a large game like usual.
>>
>>44212688
>>44212735
War of Interest
>>
>>44212763
I want it
>>
>>44212603
Me too but, Greenland has a point here
>>44212524
You cant attack without consequences. My lands has no more resources than fish and herbs and not for that I gonna attack my neighbours
>>
>>44212753
That'ts the closest to what I was thinking which is
"The Commonwealth Wars"
>>
>>44212848
Do we have an updated battles map?
>>
Hey guys,
I have been lurking alot, and i rather enjoy these kind of grand Kingdom games.

There is so much potential, in general what can be added.

Hope i can be a part of this in the future
>>
>>44212759
There are no openings the the game as right now as there are 15 players and I only designed it for 13, However another game will be starting soon-ish with more slots, so just watch for a general for it
>>
>>44212871
>another game will be starting soon-ish
Really? When?
>>
>>44212603
Perfectly fine by me friend.

I don't want to conquer you anyway. I might keep the land I've taken but I don't think I'm interested in more. Don't know how I'd administrate it all.
>>
File: Bigben2.jpg (52 KB, 300x463) Image search: [Google]
Bigben2.jpg
52 KB, 300x463
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>44210876
1. [Research] Standardized Time - We should develop a standardized time frame. Too many people being late or early, all our clocks need to be synchronized so our airships arrive on time all the time

2. [Build] A big Clock Tower. We'll order some big Clock Parts from Greenland whom we're already trading for clocks, we need something we can set the standard of time to.

3. [Trade]
I traded last turn and gave away
>20 ships. 5 to Hill and Wood. 5 to Greenland. 10 to Northern Soul
for
for:
>250 Improved Cannons, 50 bombs, and a repeating supply of Coal from Northern Soul
>500 Rifles from Hill and Wood
>A reoccurring supply of clocks from Greenland

4. [Build] Our people build more normal sail airships, they are cheaper and easier to produce than the propellor at the moment.
>>
>>44212688
War of the first Coalition. The SE war. The Baroxyland war. (I assume that's the continents name, he's the largest on there). There's a couple that spring to mind.

The coalition being Mal, Stalagia and the united kingdom against the Commonwealth under their desert Prophet.

>>44212871
This has my interest too
>>
>>44212906
Hey if I lose my battle up North I'll surrender all my land and resources to you. Have fun dealing with that unless you wanna come help take over the world?
>>
>>44212971

I don't think I'm quite ready to try and invade the globe but I'll stop my allies from wiping you out. I aim to bring this war to a peaceful close then back off.

I was just making sure you didn't turn your attention to me after winning.

I'd probably cede some of the deserts to the Nomads but we'll see.
>>
File: BattleMap.jpg (2 MB, 1848x1308) Image search: [Google]
BattleMap.jpg
2 MB, 1848x1308
>>44212894
when I've talked to everyone about how they feel

Guys, I've learned a lot about running this game and have been very lucky to get hands on several versions of different game masters rules for their kingdom games in other chans and from nationbuilder friends.

I'd like to implement a more rules heavy version of the game with rules I've written myself and borrowed from other GMs.

I'd like to use a new map as I have several, some I've made and some I have saved from generous elegen/tg/entlemen that I have modified.

Some of the changes include a more advanced research system, more military and unit creation rules and options, which I think willl be a lot of fun.

I'd start it right now if this game wasn't getting to a very exciting time. Steam trains, muskets and air ships made from whales. Clockwork tanks and polar bear riding vikings.

This has been a great game and am willing to run if for a few more years of turns if thats what everyone wants.

Of Course all players from this game can reserve a spot in the next before I make it public.

What I'm most excited for is how much improvement I've made to my own resource system.
>>
>>44213026
I'll reserve a spot. I think that we should keep playing until monday, if you're willing to do more than one turn a day. Otherwise, I'd just like to have a few more years.
>>
>>44213026
I'd love to try again with you using a more advanced system. The main reason I rushed into this war was because how outclassed I was getting technology wise. I also think I more codified trading system might be needed as all the trade makes research kinda useless. I think you've done a great job Gming so far and would love to see what you could do with more planning at the start.
>>
>>44213026
>Northern Pearl Harbor under attack
Yikes.

I want a spot too.
>>
>>44213026
I'd let this war end and start the new game then.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 276x183
>>44213026
We are happy for you Odd, you are a very good GM at least to me
>>
>>44213026
I would also be interested in that case

Though you said you don't have much time except for Mondays, so I doubt even starting now would accomplish much
>>
>>44213026
You have my sword, reserve me a space.

This has been pretty fun. Like Baroxy said I might try a different sort of place style. A bit more agressive but who knows?
>>
>>44213099
Are you implying that I'm a nazi?
>>
>>44213143
No, that was me
>>
>>44213026

Though I haven't been here as long as some, it's been fun. I'll gladly take a spot in the next game when this one reaches a good conclusion point.
>>
>>44213143
>>44213151
That was a bit of a joke, who is contesting north pearl anyway and why?
>>
>>44213143
You was not?
>>
>>44213026
Not in this game, but I'd love a spot in your next one :^)
>>
>>44213172
The cannibal savages.
And just because I'm an industrial nation committing genocide and performing inhumane experiments doesn't mean that I'm a Nazi.
>>
>>44213095
>>44213133
As Far as time goes I am willing to launch the game tomorrow moring at 11 am EST, when I would of probably replied to everyones turn so people had time to see, mostly the nomads. However because almost everyone is here I'm willing to reply and advance the turn now so evryone can put in like one crazy turn.

>>44213096
Agreed, abstracted technology like we have but quantified resources is the way to go.

>>44213099
I Know this war is crazy

>>44213106
Is This what everyone thinks? end the war with a bang then restart?

While thank you to everyone who is giving me their support noone but greenland and mals told me how they feel about ending the game
>>
>>44213235
Hey, can't fault you, I literally did the exact same concept in another nation builder.

Poison delivered by underground steam drills on filthy tyranid symbiotic savages
>>
>>44213271
Finish the war and onto the next sounds like a great plan.
>>
>>44213271
Also, Northern Soul said this.
>>44203472
Assume that those are his fall actions.
>>
>>44213026
Sweet. I'm looking for a spot.
>>
>>44213271
If we're going to finish the war I might as well go full doomsday and invade anywhere not threatening within reach...
>>
>>44213235
I wouldn't be faulting other people for their dietary choices, Mr. my people survive on fish and fruit
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>44213355
There's a huge difference between fish & fruit and human flesh.
>>44213303
Here's a roll for my closest ally.
>>
>>44213375
Goddamn.
>>
>>44213271
I would love to add magic to the game too.. but I see how that would make stuff really complicated.
>>
>>44213399
I'm split on this.

I found the steam punky stuff pretty amusing and it would have been cool to take it a bit further but magic without quite a few rules is probably too wild.
>>
>>44213271
Is ok to end the game, I will like to continue on another map with more people and more complex rules. Also I want a spot!
>>44213347
I fear this
>>44213355
Same here
>>
>>44213271
I'm kind of happy with the direction I took Venicia in, but I would suggest ending the game at a time when one power (or power group) can definitively say they stand alone atop the world and cannot be challenged. A domination/allied end
>>
>>44213508
Honestly the Northern Alliance pretty much already has won.
>>
>>44211065
You find the following resources on the south islands
>Lost ruins (you never explored the first one you found?!)
>sharks

With all the work velencia has put into this project you manage to vreate a steam powered clockwork propeller system for the air ships,

>>44210960
roll battle shortly, 1000 infantry raises in your capitol, your military acadamy equipts them with your stockpiled steel, I believe its previous generation

You discover diamond is both hard and sharp but you do not manage to figure out a way to use it as a weapon.

>>44211760
With the builders from Nourthern Soul you manage to unlock the secrets of stone fortification.

Your 9000 untrained militia are now equipt with the advanced steel

>>44211885
>>44211885
Thats good enough to build a steam powered automated musket factory churning them out by the 100s, without rubber however there can be no conveyor belts

You upgrade your entire armory

>>44212187
AH, your cheese is horrid! especially after the dessert nectar that is the goat cheese has been dined upon! Your royal cheese maker throws himself from an air ship in shame.

Another mighty university dedicated to the natural scienes is established, surely unlocking the future for your people

>>44212216
Yes, with that roll you discover that your steel is far superior to their iron and learn about the weaknesses of the Swords division.

You construct wooden palisades around your claimed land, er the malasian land *cough*

We will roll raids from your people before the battle

>>44212279
>>44212279
Several of your people suffer from severe burns attempting to learn to breath and dance with fire.

However you do build training fields and 4000 of your citizens are reassigned.

>>44212959
Your philosophers idea of standardized time will revolutionize the future, you build a massive gem encrusted clock tower in your capitol.

You create 80 more sailing ships.
>>
>>44213399
>>44213441
I infact loved the steampunk nature, and will be starting the game closer to this, so we can have more turn of the industrial revolution action,

with SUPER SCIENCE!!!!

remember, sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
>>
>>44213612
As long as I get the chance to continue playing an aspiring trade empire, I will be happy. May do another concept though.

When this game ends, I want to try and become the definitively richest mofo here.
>>
File: Greenland-Monument.jpg (966 KB, 1000x1460) Image search: [Google]
Greenland-Monument.jpg
966 KB, 1000x1460
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44210876
Research:
I would like to research a way to structurally reinforce the tanks such that they may mount my cannons

Build:
Attach advanced Cannons to the Dreadnoughts

People:
We will carve and deliver the monument in honour of our allied victory to Greenland. Pic attached

Trade:
>Oxen (Camaro)
>Constant Supply of Cheese (Pelrushian Nomads)
>1,850 Rifles (Hill and Wood)
>50 Pigs, small amount of Marble (Mals)
>5 Airships (Venicia)
>Dreadnought Improvements (Greenland)
>Oil (Baroxy Commonwealth)
>Constant Supply of Fruit, Health Knowledge (Yumatsu)
>Improved Bomb Design, Sheep, Rubber (Sargeras)
>Baking Knowledge (Lenqus)

Odd, could you tell me what it was I got from the Pearl Isles by the way?
>>
>>44213026
Id also like to reserve a spot in the next game, if its still possible. I mightn't necessarily be on again today but I will if I can. Thanks dude.

If ya need other turns from me, look to this:

Research:
>Improve Weapons
>Improved Architecture
>Improved Artillery
>Improved Winter Clothing
Build:
>A hunting lodge to sustainably hunt Tuskers (hunting during the fall, observing and protecting during spring and summer) at 4,4
>Fortress at 8,1
>Construct additional Dreadnoughts to the tune of 15
>Root Cellars
Actions:
> Upgrade Armour to Steel
>Put cannons on Dreadnoughts, as well as gunpowder bomb launching ballistae
>Train ¼ of Militia as Cavalry, making a Professional Army
>Train Ó”revakt (Honour Guard)
>Organise Artillery Corps
>>
>>44213612
I'd rather not start with advanced science. I much prefer the slower approach.
>>
>>44210876
>>44213271
Wait so is this a new turn?
>>
>>44213770
Don't think so. There are some battles that need resolving.
>>
>>44213538
I didn't explore the first ruins?
>>
>>44213612
Not sure if I like the idea of medieval building up with time or straight to imperial age stuff more.

I originally planned on having tercios until everyone rushed on.

Also unintentionally made the United Kingdom, foreign empire, coal mines, rifles and all. I may have mentioned, I'm pretty amused desu as it was completely unintentional.
>>
>>44213770
Now you show up. Can you kick Hills outta my territory like we agreed that would be super helpful.
>>
File: winter-2.jpg (942 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
winter-2.jpg
942 KB, 2560x1600
The great commonwealth war!!

Okay this is how I am interpreting this,
5000 untrained militia with the best equipment
their nations leader can muster march upon the Commonwealths now regrouped army

The Swords of Zaz still 3000 veteran soldiers strong march in formation in their jewel encrusted armor.

While the Calvary of the Stalgians raids and harasses the army of their enemy the 2000 claws launch a counter raid, The claws having earlier researched anti Calvary tactics and designed cruel weapon.

Dice one
The Swords vs Militia
1, Swords win a stunning victory, routing 1000 enemy back to the capitol and killing the rest,
2-12 The Swords Win, killing all the untraiend militia but losing 500 of their own.
13-15 Stalemate, 3000 Militia die and 1500 swords
16-19 The Militia squeek out a victory losing
1000 Militia and killing 2000 Swords,
20. The Militia breaks the enemy line only losing 500 of their own and killing 2000 Swords as the remaining collapse into the ranks of the CLaws

Roll 2.
Honestly Both sides have a major advantage here, the Commonwealths anti cavalry tactics and the tribesmens knwoledge of the enemys weakpoints. SO
1 Crushing victory For the Tribesmen, all claws dead
2-10 Vivtory for the tribesman, 1000 claws dead , 250 tribesman dead
11-19 Victory for the COmmonwealth, all tribesmen dead, 500 claws dead,
20 The Claws kill all their enemy
>>
>>44213656
Have you seen the discussion above?
You got shipments of pearls and cannibal skulls right?
>>
>>44213826
>>44213770

Let's not push the poor lads into doing something they might regret. This is a gentlemanly intervention so far, for the people of Mal.
>>
>>44213709
No no, thats not what I ment, it'll start in medieval times but I want it to progress to advanced science
>>
Rolled 18, 6 = 24 (2d20)

>>44213833
duh
>>
>>44213870
Gentlemanly my ass you infidels shall not gain one inch of our glorious territory.
>>
>>44213873
Are we starting the new map on Monday or tomorrow.
>>
>>44213908
God I love my luck.
>>
>>44213870
GG I surrender all lands, resources and technologies to Hills and Woods. See yall next game.
>>44213908
>>
>>44213932
Don't forget your tripcode game will be posted tomorrow, however everyone from this game can pick forst
>>
>>44213932
Gentlemanly for sure. I'll give your royal family a nice governorship, or manor outside thingvellir.

Sorry it came to this. I can't believe how badly those rolls went for you man!

Hopefully next game we meet under better circumstance
>>
>>44213956
Sounds good.
>>
>>44213968
The dice gods are fickle may they shine upon me at our next meeting.
>>
>>44213968
Baroxy Commonwealth
Current Pop: 79,900
Current military:
1000 Swords of Zaz (Veteran Infantry[Advanced Gem Armor, Barbed Arrows, Advanced Spears, Advanced Shields])
900 Infantry (Green)
1000 Claws of Zaz (Veteran raiders [Advanced Barbed Arrows, Hooked Advanced Spears])
No ships

Resources:
Iron
Gems
Diamonds
Potatoes
Oil
Desert goat
Stone
Camels

Technology:
Advanced Iron working
Advanced Irrigation
Wells
Aqueducts
Military Tactics
Military Triage
Barbed Weaponry
Deep Earth Mining

Buildings:
-Capital of Zazanor
Jeweled Palace
Military Academy
-Combat Engineers
Shrine to Great Gods

Here's your new shit btw
>>
>>44213968
Can I have some of the mainland?
>>
>>44214012
If Odd accepts this unconditional surrender I think I've become the biggest target in game...

>>44214023
Maybe. Where would you like? I'd need at least some sort of military alliance with you if I were to agree.
>>
>>44214105
That is totally my plan
>>
File: BattleMap.jpg (2 MB, 1848x1308) Image search: [Google]
BattleMap.jpg
2 MB, 1848x1308
Its Winter Now, If I missed something link it. Otherwise this will be it for this game it sounds like, it's been a blast
>>
File: ruins.jpg (5 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
ruins.jpg
5 KB, 128x128
>>44213956
Next time you may use this icon for ruins
>>
>>44214149
Do you guys want a bare bones of the map to start claiming spots?

It will reveal no mountains or geo features as I will turn those layers of till the big reveal
>>
>>44214105
Just a cut of Baroxy's coast.
Around X29Y19 to X32Y19 and X32Y18
Just 5 squares.
>>
>>44214184
Sure why not
>>
>>44214012

The nations of Mals and Stalagia request compensation, in the form of former Baroxy lands, for the unprovoked aggression of Baroxy against our peoples. We do hope your offer will be reasonable, and that we can all resume a more peaceful existence. Should you wish to tie treaties of defense or alliance to these concessions, we would not consider that unreasonable; we look to friendship with hill and Wood.
>>
>>44214184
Do eet
>>
>>44214217
>>44214201
Did you not just see him call this game over
>>44214159
>>
>>44214184
Sure. Although if we are ending the game can you tell me what you were planning would be the purpose of that star metal?
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>44214184
Yes. Also, will anybody else be keeping the same name?
>>44214159
I research putting steam powered propellers on the Dreadnoughts.
I explore both ruins if I can.
I build a town on the section of Baroxy that I said here >>44214201
if I get it. Other wise, I don't build nothing.
Did my claiming and building of towns on the Southern Islands go well?
>>
>>44214184
Sure man
>>
>>44214248
Shame, I could have tried a world domination with my whopping 140,000 people and 21,000 soldiers.
>>
File: Newgame_stripped_down.jpg (424 KB, 2933x1872) Image search: [Google]
Newgame_stripped_down.jpg
424 KB, 2933x1872
This is ONLY for players of this game, untill tomorrow
>>
>>44214372
I got dibs on 13
>>
>>44214372
I want 2.
>>
>>44214372
Gimme 13
>>
>>44214372
I'll reserve 14
>>
>>44214248
That was not game over, I was just telling you to remember your trip, I started a new turn lol

>>44214262
It was adamantium lol
>>
>>44214248

No; if I had then I'd have linked that end-game post.

>>44214184

A bare-bones map would be grand!

>>44214317

If I chance upon a people with the same base resources, culture and climate as the Stalagians I might port them across; otherwise I'll probably create a new name.
>>
>>44214372
gimme 14
>>44214386
You bastard
>>
Rolled 6 (1d16)

>>44214372
I will claim the roll, but if the land was yet claimed, I will roll again
>>
>>44214372
I'll take 11
>>
>>44214372

8 Looks tasty. Claiming.
>>
>>44214424
Ooh, double stolen

>>44214386
>>44214398
>>
>>44214386
>>44214372
>>44214398
Fuck give me 4 then
>>
>>44214400
So whats the deal? We may differentiate the two of the games (by name, letter, number) and when we gonna play each
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44210876
Research
Guns
Build steel foundry
Citizens
Round up the sheep in the lands. 2 small shipments of sheep, that are sustainable. As per the trade.
>>
>>44214501
I'm sorry what are you asking?
>>
>>44214400
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
GG that would've been fun.
I figured it was either something I'd wanna build war machines with or an extremely valuable jewelry metal
>>
>>44214507
This game is over m8 srsly.
>>
>>44214513
When the current game ends? I assume you gonna play two separate games simultaneously or you gonna start the new map when this game end?
Also tomorrow at 11 what map goes on?
>>
>>44214564
Okay, I started one more turn for people to go crazy in, this game ends tonight. At 11 am EST this new map will be going up to start a new game, rules will be in a pastbin,
>>
>>44214513
Will we just choose one technology tomorrow, or maybe a technology and a skill?
>>
File: Newgame_stripped_down.jpg (474 KB, 2933x1872) Image search: [Google]
474 KB, 2933x1872
>>44214614
You'll see.
>>
>>44214611
Any lands still left over? Just got home, missed the memo. lol
>>
>>44214641
talk about timing.
>>44214638
according to the map I'd take 7, since its available.
>>
>>44214372
Id like to claim 11, if it comes with the chain of islands. Otherwise, 7 please.
>>
>>44214673
Both taken, my friend
>>
>>44214638
Ah feck. Can I take 15 then?
>>
>>44214638
I just want to start with octopus taming, but don't want to use my technology on it.
>>
>>44214762
No octopus has ever been bred in captivity
>>
>>44214638
16... All the good ones are gone so I'll be neogreenland
>>
>>44214638
Im laying claim to 15. I'll prolly change my trip once we start in too. When do we start?
>>
File: Superior Map_infinished.jpg (511 KB, 1997x1512) Image search: [Google]
Superior Map_infinished.jpg
511 KB, 1997x1512
Guys, this was just my initial drawing, the map You see tomorrow will look way different, hex grids topography and color,

But what are your initial thoughts?
>>
>>44214938
Its great. And I want to claim 11, if possible. Sound the fuck out dude.
>>
>>44214638
I'll take #1
>>
File: Newgame_stripped_down.jpg (514 KB, 2933x1872) Image search: [Google]
514 KB, 2933x1872
>>44214938
Oops, initial drawing ignore that
>>
>>44214938
Think I like the look of this one more
>>
>>44214938
This allows more naval war and pirates
>>
>>44214938
Looks good.
>>
>>44214967
That suprises me
>>
>>44214967
Hello, neighbor!
>>
>>44215025
I'm mostly betting that if I focus on trade again, I can still insert myself into the world as a major aerial/naval trader. However, 1 seems very inconveniently placed.

If possible I'd like to switch to 9.

>>44215042
And hey! 1 or 9 we'd still be neighbors! 9 would just be on your west.
>>
>>44215077
Switched, yea 9 is the center of the eastern continents
>>
>>44215077
That's why I picked 16, dominate naval trade
>>
>>44215121
>Implying that I won't dominate naval trade
I'm also in the middle.
>>
>>44215112
Okay, stick to this, sorry for flip flopping

>>44215121
Aw, you're doing that this time?

Not a big fan of competition, I'm more akin to Rockefeller's belief that it's a sin. I was mostly relying on everyone in this game to be focused on military exploits, allowing me to be the trader. But I'm down for some good old economic competiveness.

And hey, maybe I can be the next world's scientists too.
>>
Newest Map.jpg
3 MB, 1848x1608
>>44215107
What is your final choice?
>>
>>44215156
Stick to 9.
>>
>>44215156
Also will I ever get Aerial Trade Route lines on the map pls?
>>
>>44215178
I hope so! I'ts going to start medieval with you guys being able to choose certain starting techs from a list, and research in the end will be quicker then around Victorian steam punk slow it down like cinder, its going to be a lot more like cinder then the first grand kingdom game, well sorta of a 50/50 split
>>
File: Newgame_stripped_down.jpg (513 KB, 2933x1872) Image search: [Google]
513 KB, 2933x1872
>>44215199
>>44215178

I mean early middle ages though lol
>>
>>44215281
So why is there no 10
>>
>>44215367
Hah, i thought I had only made 15 spots, I skipped 10
>>
>>44215447
Put it in the SW corner.
>>
>>44215148
Well, we'll have to see.

I'm centrally placed but that just gives me option

>>44215145
But I'm right in the middle
We probably should have done this anonymously desu to avoid rivalries/meta bleeding over.
>>
>>44215765
What's wrong with meta?
>>
>>44215281
Can I stake 1?
>>
>>44216020
Sure, the game begins tomorrow at 11 am EST
>>
Thread continues here >>44160129
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.