[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Princes and Tsars Quest: 001 Sergei meets House Romanovich
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: Alexander_the_Second.jpg (32 KB, 330x416) Image search: [Google]
Alexander_the_Second.jpg
32 KB, 330x416
A lot happened yesterday. I tried to run on a Tuesday evening which was a big mistake. It was a pretty dead thread, however I feel that at least at the end of it the plot was set in motion. I didn’t really anticipate the direction that people chose to go towards, which just goes to show how much of a newb I am. I’m not giving up though because of a hiccup in planning and poor scheduling however, and hopefully this time it will play out better.

Cheers, Dmitri

Tripcode: DmitriDonskoi !!oqOO4iellil

Twitter: @DonskoiDmitri

Previous Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44196461/

Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/hQNH2wGn

Name: Sergei Yegorovich

(After all Modifiers added---- Check paste bin for more details)

10+1 CHA (+3) (Silver Tongued)
9 STR (+2) (Bear Strength)
4 AGL (-1) (As Flexible as a Walrus)
6 INTE (+1) (Bookie)
10 CON (+3) (Steel Skin, and Iron Gullet)
4 INTU (-1) (0.8 Density)

(Skill Modifier also in pastebin, but will be put in when relevant)

>Now back to the story
>>
File: Sweet_Ride.jpg (9 KB, 273x185) Image search: [Google]
Sweet_Ride.jpg
9 KB, 273x185
Recap:
You are Sergei Yegorovich, son of former Soviet citizens, first generation American, and first generation college student. You just experienced your move in day at college and celebrated by getting buzzed or in your parent’s case extremely inebriated at a local pub. You met a strange man who offered to give you and your parent’s a ride to a hotel, and in your case a ride back to campus. Unfortunately for you the strange man turned out to be the individual your father mentioned to you in your ride in the car on your way to college. The man’s revealed himself as only “Dr. Speranskii,” and you have no idea who he is, or what he even does for a living. But in the end, you were desperate for assistance, not wanting to get a DUI, or imprisoned for underage drinking. So you decided that his help was as good as any, and then…….

> Really back to the story

“Speranskii you son of a bitch!” your father yells from the back seat stirring as soon as he realizes where he is.

“Oh so you weren’t unconscious. Good to see you again Alexei!” Speranskii states with a wide grin, and a shuffling of his lab coat.

“Son what have you done?” your father asks you out of pure terror. “Didn’t I tell you to only see this man when you’re willing to offer something of value?” your father is shaking in fear at this point. It seems that he and Speranskii have a history. Something that he isn’t really excited to dig up after all these years.

“Oh don’t be such a stickler Alexei! All I need is a moment of your time…..” he begins to laugh maniacally at his terrible pun.

Your father knowing that something unexplainable to you, and your family is about to happen, hangs his head down in shame.

“Sorry dad, but I couldn’t risk getting busted for drunk driving!” you try to reassure him that everything will be okay. Although you aren’t exactly sure whether anything will be the same for you and your family.

1/2
>>
File: The_Winter_Palace.jpg (52 KB, 675x233) Image search: [Google]
The_Winter_Palace.jpg
52 KB, 675x233
>>44210037
Atmospheric Music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU3gOEunQY8

The darkness fades away and you find yourself in front of a massive Palace near the coast of a bustling city. You look over to your left and you see Speranskii fumbling with the steering wheel and other devices on the dash. You look behind you and see that your dad is already sobered up, even if he was fairly inebriated just moments ago.

“Well, that could’ve gone better. It seems I shifted it into W, rather then Drive. How foolish of me, that usually never happens.” Speranskii mumbles to himself.

“What does “W” mean?" You ask, as you begin to look out the window and see and entourage of what looks to be Guards and Soldiers approaching your location.

What do you do?

> Listen to Speranskii’s explanation (roll 1d20+3 Engineering)

>Pay attention and talk to the guards, expecting a straight forward answer is useless. (roll 1d20+1 Speak/Understand Language)

> Write-In (Roll 1d20+2 regardless)
>>
Rolled 5 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44210068
>Pay attention and talk to the guards, expecting a straight forward answer is useless. (roll 1d20+1 Speak/Understand Language)
>>
>>44210146
welcome aboard!

let's wait it out and see what else is rolled, best of three.
>>
>>44210167
Well whatever they vote for let's hope it's a better roll than mine,
>>
>>44210222
I know Quests aren't that popular during the day. But I'm trying to find a schedule that works. If you have any suggestions that would be very helpful.
>>
Going to wait it out a little longer.
>>
File: IMG_1371.jpg (53 KB, 250x335) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1371.jpg
53 KB, 250x335
Just going to bump, I'm still holding out for people.

Will update when another person posts. I'm getting pretty desperate at this point.
>>
>>44210146
Welp, I guess I have no choice. I'll update anyway.

You roll down your window and the guard takes aim with his rifle. He begins to yell in what seems like guttural Russian that you hardly understand.

“Get….out….animals….be….now...criminals!” He shouts, or at least that’s what you think he said.

“What do we do?” you ask Speranskii, and your father. You didn’t understand what he said, and by the looks of it, neither did they, or rather Speranskii probably does but he’s holding back by looking at you. “Damn him.” You think to yourself.

“I recommend you try to reason with him.” Speranskii says.

“Son, if I was in any situation to talk us out of this, I would. However with your mother still unconscious back here I have no choice but to keep those guys away from her.” He swallows a bit of saliva when he mentions that last bit.

“God knows what might be on the guard’s minds. This isn’t the 21st century anymore by the looks of it. If the situation calls for it, we might need to find a way to get back to our time.” You say bluntly. You don’t like being put on the spot. But Speranskii isn’t exactly a charismatic person. Your father has a lot on his plate right now. You have to say something even though you don’t understand what the guard just said.

What will it be?

>Write-In(Roll 1d20+1 Speak/Understand)
>>
Rolled 16 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44211274
Here's hoping for a better roll than the other guy got.
>>
>>44211546
Oh right
>"We mean no harm! We are very sorry for trespassing!"
>>
>>44211274
Rolling for>>44211588
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>44211601
Forgot to roll
>>
>>44211546
>>44211617
>>44211601
>>44211588
Well shit, moment I look away, two people show up.

> Back to the Story

You respond rather nervously in Russian. You hope to Christ that he understands this

“We mean no harm, We’re are very sorry for trespassing!” You respond to him feeling intense pressure as you carefully and correctly assemble an understandable and coherent Dialect.

“Oh so you do speak Russian. Good, very good. Get out of Vehicle and be searched!” he begins to yell again.

The other guards lower their weapons slightly, however you are far from out of danger. You could die at any minute.

What do you do?

>Submit to the authorities (Roll 1d20+5 Composure)

>“Take me to your leader!” (Roll 1d20+3 Diplomacy)

>Write-In (Roll one of the Charisma Skills that are relevant to your answer)
>>
>>44211866
oops Charisma skills are....

- Diplomacy +3 (Base +3)
- Coerce/Bluff/Persuade +4 (Base +3, PoliSci +1)
- Composure +5 (Base +3, Duke University +2)
- Seduction +3 (Base +3)
- Leadership +3 (Base +3)
- Perform +3 (Base +3)
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>44211866
(Bluff) I could make it worth your while if you do not waste my time, sergeant...? (in a tone as if we're asking for his name).
>>
>>44212019
That is a 6 with the +4 roll,

Hopefully the previous posters who were here show up. That is unless you want to end up in the St. Peter and Paul Fortress
>>
>>44212053
just give me a moment to think of something please
>>
>>44212132
alright no problem.
>>
Rolled 15 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44211866
>Submit to the authorities
It does have the highest bonus after all, and we don't exactly have anything suspicious on our person do we?

Just keep them focused on us and not our parents, if necessary bluff and say that your mother is sick.

(I'm guessing "take me to your leader" would have a higher difficulty, only being possible because we did suddenly appear in a strange vehicle.)
>>
>>44212271
I like your suggestion, it makes sense.

>>44212053
However with this decision we are in a dead lock.

Should I roll, or should I wait for a tiebreaker?
>>
>>44212271
I'll just go with this selection, as it seems to be best.

> Back to the story

“I submit to your authority Seargent. I pray that you will show care for my mother, for she is ill.” You plead to the Sergeants humanity. Hoping he is a morally aligned man.

“Alright then, no sudden movement.” He answers you with an affirmative.

“Of course officer.” You raise you hands and step out of the vehicle slowly. Speranskii follows you out and casually walks up to guard held out his hands.

“Well let’s get this over with. Not the first time I’ve been to Peter and Paul’s.” he says as the guard binds him and leads him to a wagon that was commandeered for prisoner transport.

“Be careful what you say son, this isn’t the United States, or even the right century. Anything you say that conflicts with authority will get you killed.” You dad nods and carries your unconscious mother in a bridal carry over to the cart and the men take great care to not bind your mother until she wakes.

“Well boy, since you are the one who answered for your parent’s and your……… comrade.” He looks at Speranskii who seems to be cracking a joke with the enlisted men.

“W-what are you going to do with me?” you ask out of fear.

“The Third Section wants a word with you. You can see your family later, unless you want to nominate someone in your place.” He looks at you, then he looks at your father and Speranskii.

What do you do?

Roll 1d100 regardless

>Volunteer yourself for interrogation. This third section isn’t so bad right?

>Volunteer your father. He may have dealt with this in the past, however he might not be up to it.

>Volunteer Speranskii. Even though it might be seen as suicidal.
>>
Rolled 11 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44212315
I'm trying to think of a way to combine them. The other anon's suggestion is basically to attempt a bribe and ask for the soldier's name, right?

Perhaps as we get out the car we can suggest that he might want to keep the "foreign currency" (pocket change, which I hope we have a little of) we have on us? Ideally we should say it in a way that we can deny trying to bribe the officer if he doesn't go for it (which I suspect he won't).

Something like, "Of course, I presume you'll need to confiscate the foreign coins I have on me, sir...?"

I'm not sure if the other anon is still here to say if it's an acceptable compromise though.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>44212742
>Volunteer yourself
We decided to drink like a man, time to take responsibility as a man.
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>44212854
Shit. Since it's slow and you seem to be using the best of three rule, can I just roll again? If not you can disregard this roll.
>>
>>44212885
I'll accept that. But I at least want one more unique poster to roll.
>>
>>44212925
Fair enough.

>>44210003
> I didn’t really anticipate the direction that people chose to go towards
Yeah, anons are crazy and unpredictable.
>>
>>44213129
Might as well submit it.

>Volunteer yourself

Rather than going with your parents in the commandeered cart, you are taken and cuffed, and sent straight into the Palace. You look around and see beautiful works of art, some that to this day are considered to be national treasures. The Sergeant notices your curiosity and gives you a rundown of the current wing which you are told is the Hermitage which was renovated during the period of Nicholas I’s reign. However instead of staying in what can be seen as a symbol of national power. You are taken to another wing and forced to go into the dimly lit basement.

“Where are we?” you ask the Sergeant.

“Sssh Quiet you.” He motions for you to quiet down. He puts his fist up to a thick wooden door, and begins performing a secret knock.
*bang* *bbabbabang* *bang* *BANG*

“What do you want?” a voice answers on the other end, muffled by the heavy door.

“Got the subject that was requested for you Igor.” The Sergeant replies.

You begin to feel very uneasy. There is silence at the door for a little while, before the stripping of several locks and chains are heard on the other side. The door eerily opens and all you see is a pitch dark tunnel.

“A-am I going to die?” you ask the Sergeant.

“I don’t really know it depends on how you answer they’re questions.” He answers in an ominous manner.

“Come in boy!” a loud reptilian like voice can be heard from down the hall.

What do you do?

>Screw this make a run for it and find someone, anyone. (Roll 1d20+1 Dodge, Roll d100 for help as well)

>Go toward the voice. Maybe he’s a different man in person. (Roll 1d20+5 Composure)

>Call out to the voice and ask him to come to the entrance. (Roll 1d20+4 Persuade)
>>
Rolled 6 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44213293
>>Go toward the voice. Maybe he’s a different man in person. (Roll 1d20+5 Composure)
>>
Rolled 6 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44213400
Awesome, another anon! Second.
>>
Rolled 9 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44213431
>>44213400
>>44213293
Final try
>>
>>44213400
>>44213431

writing
>>
>>44213400
>>44213431
>>44213453
Narrowly failed the DC

> Back to the story

You go toward the voice, trying your best to gather your inner strength and not freak out.

You make your way to the end of the dark passage scared out of your wits, and you don’t seem like you’ll hold out much longer. You’ve had a long day, your inebriation is gone, but with alcohol still in your system, the reality of your situation makes you think it’s worse than it seems.

When you walk into the room you see two armchairs, a table, and a few bottles of what looks like to be slightly ornate bottles of vintage spirits. Two ornate glasses are on the table.

You walk closer toward the two armchairs and a hand appears from the side of the one on the right. It beckons you to take a seat.

“T-thank you for the kind offer sir, but I’ve already had enough to drink for today.” You say as you inch closer to the chair.

“Nonsense, a Russian never abandons his drink….. Not until the very end.” The reptilian voice replies from behind the chair.

You are pretty uncomfortable if not frightened right now. You feel that you came here to die, rather than answer a few simple questions.

What do you do?

>Plead to him, to let you come another time when you have your wits. (wait 1d4 days)

>Ask to see his direct superior (roll 1d20+3 Persuade (-1 for having modifier “shaken”)

>Write-In (Ask him a question, roll 1d20+3 Persuade for an answer)
>>
Rolled 8 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44213675
>Can I please remain standing? Perhaps for just a few minutes until I get, um..accustomed to the lighting?

(stall for time, try to calm down a little)
>>
Rolled 13 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44213764
>>44213675
Sounds good.
>>
>>44213764
>>44213797
writing
>>
>>44213797
>>44213764

>You choose to remain standing

“I don’t mean to sound ungrateful for your generous hospitality. But if you could let me stand around for adjust to the dim lighting in the room, I have a condition with my eyes.” You answer with assurance that you aren’t going to offend him in any way.

“Of course, how silly of me. Unfortunately we don’t have any sufficient lighting down here. A shame really, the beauty of the Winter Palace is heavily invested on the floor above us. People of my station considered to be the moderating side of governance are given the short end of the stick. A shame considering many have benefitted from Alexander’s reforms.” He sighs and reclines in his chair, he seems to readjust himself a bit, before pouring himself a glass of wine.

“Are you sure you aren’t interested in having a taste of Auvergne Sunset? It’s a Vintage that’s aged over 40 years. Around the time of Nicholas’ early reign. It even survived the fire of ‘34.”

>Accept his offer and drink a bit. (Roll 1d20+3 Concentration)

>Kindly refuse again, saying you wish to answer some questions and take your leave. (1d20+4 Persuasion)

>Write-In (Ask him a question, 1d20+4 Persuasion) (You can pick this and one of the above)
>>
Rolled 4, 12 = 16 (2d20)

>>44214058
>Accept his offer
Might help things go more smoothly.
>If you don't mind my asking, who are you exactly? My name is Sergei Yegorovich
Introductions

First roll for Concentration, second Persuasion for asking the question.
>>
>>44214160
On second thought, can we use our free success at Constitution for this?

I assume I'll need at least one other person to agree to it.
>>
>>44214188
Of course you can
>>
Rolled 8, 11 = 19 (2d20)

>>44214188
Sure.
>>
>>44214188
>>44214224

Just read the character sheet you have Charisma 10+1 so I can waive the Charisma Roll. But not Constitution.

I'll just assume since you rolled twice, I'll use the 4 for the auto-success Charisma, and the 12+4 for the Constitution.

I really need to start including that free success and clarifying it every other option.
>>
>>44214244
>>44214188
Actually I'm fumbling with numbers here. Been running since 13:00. But writing anyway.
>>
File: Drenteln.jpg (36 KB, 375x483) Image search: [Google]
Drenteln.jpg
36 KB, 375x483
>>44214244
>>44214224
Success on all checks

>Back to the Story
“It would be rude of me to refuse a second time for your hospitality.” You answer and accept the ornate glass. You take a seat in the chair and look into the eyes of your host. He is a rather plump man, certainly not fitting of his reptilian like voice. But at the same time he has the stare of a man who is always attentive and unsure of his surroundings.

“I have withheld introductions long enough. My name is Alexander Dreletn, current Inspector General of the His Majesty’s Third Section. I am the personal overseer of the the Emperor and his Court’s security; a job I take very seriously.” He answers looking you in the eye, as if trying to pry open your skull looking to see who you really are.

“My name is…..”

>Sergei Yegorovich (Truth)

>Write-In(Lie)(roll 1d20+4 Bluff)
>>
>>44214533
>>Sergei Yegorovich
>>
>>44214761
going with the truth

> Back to the story

“My name is Sergei Yegorovich.” You answer truthfully.

“Pleased to meet you Yegorovich. You appeared out of thin air at a rather fortunate time. Tonight another attempt on the life of our Emperor Alexander II was made. However with the appearance of your mysterious contraption, it managed to deter the would be attackers into thinking another organization was also planning an assassination. It’s almost a miracle that you showed up. However you are still being unofficially believed to be complicit with these would be Revolutionaries.” He begins to go off on a tangent and discusses with you the state of the Emperors security and how much of a stress it has become on his life.

“So what do you plan on doing about it?” You ask him, although you are certain he may “recruit” you to his cause.

“All I want is to keep the Royal Family safe. I could care less over some courtiers. But I’ve run out of allies, friends who I can really trust to prevent a major crisis. Alexander brought forth very progressive social reforms, such as abolishing serfdom, and reforming the government. However I fear that there are many people from both sides of the political spectrum that would wish to see him dead.” He continues to drone on and on, and it’s starting to annoy you a tad.

1/2
>>
>>44215110
“So what does this have to do with me meeting with you here?” you ask him.

“You are an outsider. The clothes you wear, the way you talk, you can’t possibly be from around here. With the technology we found on your…. coach we can’t help but think you aren’t even from this world. So with that in mind, I’m taking a risk. Will you help me maintain the security of the Royal Family even if for only a little while? Or will you abandon us just like my former colleagues. The choice is yours, however I can’t say for certain whether you’ll be able to return to where you are from without your possessions.” He smiles, assured that he’s got you. His deal is practically absolutely in his favor, and you aren’t sure Speranskii can even build one of those things from scratch using 19th century technology. So that leaves you with one decision, and multiple ways to go about it.

>I accept your offer, and will aid the Third Section

>I refuse your offer, I want no part in messing with history.

>I need time to think about this. (Leave and discuss with your colleagues)

-------End of Thread--------

Anyone who wants to answer please leave it after this post. I really need to get some rest.

You’ve all been wonderful but now is the time to call it here.

I plan on running Friday Evening around 20:00EST-US and 01:00GMT going late into the night, and early into the morning. I’m still trying to mess with different time schedules to see what works.

Twitter is @DonskoiDmitri

Have a wonderful rest of your week everybody.
>>
>>44215164
>I need time to think about this. (Leave and discuss with your colleagues)
We don't have much of a choice, but we should really talk to our parents and Dr. Speranskii first.

When we do accept, as a condition we need an assurance that our "coach" will not be tampered with. We don't need anyone trying to reverse engineer 1980s automobile technology and definitely not whatever mad science Speranskii uses, and they might not be able to put it back together again. This is of course in addition to needing an assurance that our parents will be safe.

Thanks again, you're doing well for a first time quest master. I might be busy, but hope to see you Friday.
>>
Thank you very much, my grammar has been a huge issue, not to mention other reasons I'm certain.

I'm thankful to at least have an audience, and I'm also beginning to realize how much work QMs put in. This feels like a part time job.

Have a great rest of your week though.

Cheers,

Dmitri
>>
>>44215642
thx for running
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.