[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How awkward is my situation exactly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1437741414351.png (928 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437741414351.png
928 KB, 1280x720
>DM a nice group of 5 people - 3 guys and 2 girls
>One of the girls (rolled a dragonborn paladin) was calling me to hang out
>Assuming shes dragging people from the party with her I show up to see her alone in the coffee place
>We never spoke outside of our sessions, so I thought she might want to simply chat up to bond further and expand her social circle or whatever women call their group of friends
>I'm down for that.
>She wasn't.
>About half an hour in the conversation, she asks in the bluntest way possible "So,do you like me?"
>"Sure?"
>She places her hand one mine.
>I finally get it.She proceeds to flirt further.
>I tell her I don't really feel the same way towards her.
>We kind of laugh and try to sweep it under the rug.
>She seemed somewhat bothered by it.

This whole thing happened last week. This Friday we are gathering for another session. How do you think I should approach her? Shes like a solid 6/10, but I really don't have the habit of banging those and I can't just pump and dump her for obvious reasons. I don't want to sound like a douchebag, but if I am going in a relationship I want her looks to reflect the fact I have to occasionally buy shit for her.

So, most elegant of gentlemen, please tell me how screwed am I?
>>
>anime reaction pics

Unfortunately the cancer is terminal, I'm afraid.
>>
>>44207401
Try going on as usual? You've told her you're not interested, so move on with your life.
>>
>>44207401
>Gosick
My nigga.

In seriousness as long as you both act like adults you should be fine, she'll move on and you'll find a solid 6/10 to pump and dump with 0 consequences later.
>>
File: tumblr_msoi9drruG1saqvcqo1_500.gif (317 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msoi9drruG1saqvcqo1_500.gif
317 KB, 500x278
>>44207401
>if I am going in a relationship I want her looks to reflect the fact I have to occasionally buy shit for her.

I am afraid you're screwed for life, there's no cure.
>>
>>44207401
Pass her my way OP, she sounds like a sweetie.
>>
>>44207401
Just try and run like nothing happened. She isn't going to want to be embarrassed by bringing up you rejecting her to everyone, you don't want drama at the table. Just keep going how you've been going and if it's too hard for her to keep hanging with you guys, that's her responsibility to figure out.

>>44207425
We're not here to discuss OP's standards or whether or not we agree with them, come on. Be a little less salty.
>>
>>44207425
Yea,I do suppose I am an asshole, but the thing is even though its "wrong", I have always viewed women as both something to adore and care for and (sadly) as an accessory.
>>
File: 1447182736780.jpg (142 KB, 842x813) Image search: [Google]
1447182736780.jpg
142 KB, 842x813
>>44207401

Well firstly: DO NOT HIT THAT, even if you're desperate. Never shit where you eat, anon.

But:

Completely screwed. You'll snap, hit it, and continue with a relationship you don't want in order to keep peace at the table.

If somehow you don't, she'll tear the table apart as she gets bitter and snide over the rejection. I've yet to meet an unmarried woman into tabletop who doesn't have more self esteem issues than the common variety.

In any case I'd suggest treating her no different to before and let whatever happens happen. It's not like it's impossible for women to be reasonable.
>>
>>44207401
>I don't want to sound like a douchebag, but if I am going in a relationship I want her looks to reflect the fact I have to occasionally buy shit for her.

Yeah, sorry, it's going to go badly for you.
>>
>>44207467
Right on the money.
>>
>>44207467
We got a nigga who gets it.

>>44207468
>>44207439
>>44207425
>>44207415
Also some niggas who don't.
>>
If she uses /tg shit just got helluva lot more awkward.
>>
>>44207420
I fear things might become unusual and this event might threaten the stability of the party. An they are a group I enjoy running with.
>>
>>44207483
Yea but I'm not in his group so he can be a bro and swing her my way.

I wouldn't dare date the chicks in my group (doubly so being the DM), that's just common sense; don't piss in your potions
>>
>>44207401
It's not that awkward, I think.
>>
>>44207401
>I want her looks to reflect the fact I have to occasionally buy shit for her
If that's your view on relationships, then buy her nice clothes and make-up, if you know anything about that. She can become at least a 7.5/10, probably.
>>
>>44207500
Mr.Dubs I'd love to propel her towards any of my players, especially since some of them have some social misgivings of their own and have been left in the blue a bit too often, but I fully agree with the the differentiation between that kind of a hobby and your intimate life. I had a brief relationship with a girl, who butted herself in my Warmahordes playgroup to "meet my buddies". It was hell.
>>
>>44207401
I say mediumly. Your best bet she is
>A) Will be fine, carry on gaming normally
Unlikely, but a man can dream, there are a few sensible people out there
>B)She gives up, disappears
She might carry on for a while make some attempts, but then leave, because she realises there is nothing for her here. This can happen, if she solely came for you, and not the game
>C Screwed
confer to >>44207467 for details
>>
>>44207546
>A) Will be fine, carry on gaming normally
Amen to that, battle-brother.
>>
>>44207500
>don't piss in your potions
I've never heard this line before, I like it. Sounds like a good line for a low brow character.
>>
Did any of you guys had such experiences and how did you deal with the situation?
>>
>>44207530
I guess so. All these girls I've dated have been out of the tabletop cliche; either into sports, pot&art or vidya. I guess I can kind of see why it'd be a pain, not to mention the drooling they'd cause from entering a FLGS with them.
>>44207570
It's easily my favourite rendition of that saying. I had a crazy alchemist character once who used it all the time; even if the current situation made no sense.
>>
>>44207401
Two friends had coffee, conversation got a bit awkward but it's over now. Move on. Don't complicate it.
>>
>>44207401
>Shes like a solid 6/10, but I really don't have the habit of banging those and I can't just pump and dump her for obvious reasons. I don't want to sound like a douchebag, but if I am going in a relationship I want her looks to reflect the fact I have to occasionally buy shit for her.
> I don't want to sound like a douchebag.

toolate OP
>>
You should probably go for it OP, it's nor often you find women attracted to garbage
>>
>>44207401
>I finally get it

Gave me a chuckle.
Is she fat or ugly? If not, you bang her. Are you gay? No biggie if you are, but I dont see why you wouldnt just bang her and see what happens.
>>
>>44207401
Damn. You're pretty dense anon.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.