[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlefleet Gothic: Armade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: battlefleet_gothic_armada-07.jpg (276 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
battlefleet_gothic_armada-07.jpg
276 KB, 1366x768
New BFG:A trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfBjZTm8IV4

Micro warp jumps to dodge a torpedo barrage seems like a terrible idea.
>>
>>44207366
Needs to be a RNG attached to each jump for Hilariously Bad Things happenings. If not, needs to be one of the first damn mods somebody makes.
>>
I am very, very excited about this game. It's looks beautiful and they really seem to have nailed the feel of the setting. Nice to see a few little shots of the Eldar ships in there as well.
>>
>>44207366

Is it wrong that all I want to see right now is a wave of Brute Ramships slam into a Battleship?
>>
>>44207540
>Fighting Chaos.
>Incoming torpedo barrage on Battleship
>"Engage the Gellar Field, we dodge through the Warp!"
>*Voip*
>Comes back as Daemon-infested ship.
>>
>>44207366
I think the micro warps are fucking stupid for the imperium to have, but it would make sense for chaos and the orks to have them. also cant the eldar just use the webway for that?
Also im even more hype for the rerelease of the table top, and those sweet sweet forgeworld models.
>>
File: Angrymarines_tzeentch[1].jpg (84 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Angrymarines_tzeentch[1].jpg
84 KB, 800x600
>>44207612
>Justasplanned.jpg

>Fighting greenskin hordes
>Take extreme evasive action
> Emerge five years later after battle is over, and your ferried space marines mutiny because their shoulder pauldrons have gone out of fashion.
>>
>>44207366
>short distances
>2d battlefield
into the thrash it goes.
>>
>>44207645
I can't help wondering whether this is influenced by starcraft 2. It's a pretty common thing for the special named capital ships to be able to do minijumps to dodge damage.
>>
>>44207689
BFG has always been in 2D you cock sucker.
Also, battles at RT distance would need to be turn-based.
>>
>>44207689
40k ship battles are supposed to feel like age of empire ships of the line going broadside to broadside rather than advanced sci-fi ships dancing around each other.
>>
File: a-ok.gif (1 MB, 386x286) Image search: [Google]
a-ok.gif
1 MB, 386x286
>>44207366

Fucking

H Y P E
Y
P
E
>>
I just tried going to the game's website to see what the requirements are and it gave me cancer. Just from the inability to click around /the lack of information, I'm pretty sure this game is doomed.
>>
>>44207366
They didn't only upgrade their warp drives but also their navigators apparently, because it doesn't seem like anybody cares about warp entry and exit vectors anymore.
>>
>>44207366
I can feel the hype overtaking me. It is a good hype.
>>
>>44210047
Grey Knight Captains.
>>
>>44207772
>BFG has always been in 2D you cock sucker.
Argument is invalide since Armada is not straight adaptation of tabletop BFG, it's RTS about space battles.
>>44207888
>40k ship battles are supposed to feel like age of empire ships
Nope, unlike Star Wars and Mass Effect (as most popular of usual sci-fi) Warhammer ships have large fire distance (some ships in good condition doesn't even need visual contact with enemy ship).
>>
>>44207366
>Battleships
>That eldar ship
>nova cannon
>ramming
HERE WE GO
>>
>>44210719
you really want to play a game where you are having ships trade fire beyond visual distance (whatever that is in space). You really think it would be fun and interesting to watch a battle that is a series of blips moving around and trading fire which you cant see because you are zoomed out so far in order to see your whole fleet. Would that really be fun and cinematic? I dont think you get the point of this game.
>>
I'm more hyped for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU
>>
>>44213946
Am I right that we haven´t heard anything of this since almost a year? Did they died? pls no :(
>>
>>44213946
>Corridor shooter vs most boring enemy

JUST
>>
>>44214032
I know the guys working on it, it's still being worked on, relax.
>>
>>44210094
Since when does that replace a navigator?
>>
>>44214033
if it´s like Vermintide/ left4 dead but with badass terminators and with a mechwarrior-esque damage model for individual limbs it will be rad as fuck
>>
>>44214178
Do we know it's going to be Vermintide-on-a-Spacehulk?
>>
>>44214033
>genestealers
>boring
Actual pleb.

Did you never play AvP2 multiplayer?
>>
>>44214240
>Genestealers
>Tyranids in general
>Not boring

Hello reddit.
>>
>>44214239
it at least look like that from the few video snippets we got. It would make sense too I guess
>>
>>44214240
I remember buying AvP2. I had to stop playing because the predator and alien parts made me nauseous as fuck especially that fucking free wall running
>>
>>44214276
It seems you're only capable of communicating in memes.
>>
>>44214343
Sokath, his eyes opened.
>>
File: emote_1432413617327.jpg (132 KB, 397x529) Image search: [Google]
emote_1432413617327.jpg
132 KB, 397x529
>>44210719
>>BFG has always been in 2D you cock sucker.
>Argument is invalide since Armada is not straight adaptation of tabletop BFG, it's RTS about space battles.
Well I guess we better ignore the core of the game and make our own head canon about this shit. At this point even the models plastered on book covers, model boxes, and art are contrary to your understanding.

>Nope, unlike Star Wars and Mass Effect (as most popular of usual sci-fi) Warhammer ships have large fire distance (some ships in good condition doesn't even need visual contact with enemy ship).
Ramming.

Big dickhead shaped prows for everyone important. Giant unidirectional primary thrusters in the back of the ship.The primary range of guns being 30-45 cm on the board, while speeds are 20-25cm and the Nova cannon, the closest thing to artillery, is literally where the player guesstimates the range.

For everyone else about to reply to this honkey's ass, don't bother. Just remember that there's fucking ramming in Battlefleet Gothic, the setting, every single imperial warship, and the fluff.
>>
>>44213946
Looks fuckin' great.
>>
>>44213946
Gotta love that mariachi music. And the genestealer pushing one of its fellows in front of it to block a plasma blast was a nice touch.
>>
>>44214647
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug_gqH1tzPk
>>
>>44214481
>For everyone else about to reply to this honkey's ass, don't bother. Just remember that there's fucking ramming in Battlefleet Gothic, the setting, every single imperial warship, and the fluff.

That's really impressive when you think about it. I mean, deliberately getting two ships to collide in the vastness of space would be a herculean task given the distances and speeds involved.

>>44207689
>>44207772

I'm a huge fan of BFG and, personally, I think having it play out in three dimensions in a video game would have been a great idea - in concept, anyway. It would have opened up a plethora of new tactics and strategies to consider. But I suppose it would have also ramped up the difficulty.

The enemy gate is down, guys.
>>
>>44207758
Imperial ships can do it, it just requires technology and skilled enough astropaths that most of the Navy simply doesn't have access to.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.