[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resources in Civ/Nation Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 268x268
Hey /tg/ with the increase in these types of games both here and abroad (other chans and such) I'd like to compile a resource resource as it were.

Would you help me compile a list of cool resources? Also discussion of how these are handled

Obvious examples include
>wood
>iron
>gold

To the more Exotic
>Mithral
>Jade
>Coral

What can we come up with?
>>
I am willing to attempt to make resource icons of everything we come up with, I have already stolen all the icons from civ 5

I will share it when done
>>
>Mithral
>a

pls
>>
>>44207076
That's how it's spelled in pathfinder lol
>>
>>44207099
Also the d20 srd
>>
>>44207072
well in THAT case:

>Research(Book symbol)
>Silk
>Coal/Fuel
>Feathers
>Birds(Bird's Eye symbol)
>Elephants
>Rhino
>Rope
>Mushroom
>Dust(arbitrary plot device)

>Rock Sap(a rock that bleeds a mysterious liquid)
>Ritual Materials(Chalk, candles, skull, etc)
>Monster Eggs
>>
>>44207062
>silver
>spices
>magic/mana crystals
>>
>>44207118
Now that's what I'm talking about! Do you mean dust as in Golden compass? Lol

Btw I the OP was the one and te same who made the offer
>>
>>44207062
>>44207062
>silver
>spices
>magic/mana crystals
>medical herbs
>>
>>44207072
>>44207118
>Magnets(two lodestone making wibbly waves at each other)
>Rainbow shells

>Blood
>(corpse) Flesh
>Zodiac Ore(Jet black metal with starry dots, or metal that look like snapshots of space)
>Orichalcum(orange-gold, with flecks of red)
>Wisps

That's all I can seem to salvage out of my saved texts.

>>44207143
plenty of media use Dust. No point in making one for every kind when they all look the same.
>>
>>44207062
Vital
>Timber
>Stone
>Food
>Copper
>Iron
>Oil
>Energy
>Wealth
>>
>>44207236
Strategic
>Horses
>Camels
>Elephants
>Saltpeter
>Obsidian
>>
>>44207244
>Luxury
>Salt
>Fur
>Wine
>Dye
>Silk
>Sugar
>Spices
>Tea
>Tobacco
>Incense
>Gems
>Porcelain
>Olive Oil
>Pearls
>Diamonds
>>
>>44207062
It really depends on the race. For vanilla races you have wood and stone. I'd later on just classify them as "construction materials" as the scale expands and introduce something new instead, like coal. I'd also just call iron "metal" and when it gets upgraded from say, iron to steel, and steel to some shenanigan magical alloy like blue steel or mithril. i'll just note it but keep it metal for simplicity's sake. There are also luxury resources that are race-specific, like royal jelly for insects, or belly dancers from some pretty race. But overall, here's a list:

Wood, Stone, Iron, gold, coal, steel, food/biomass (for insects), obsidian (necromancers), silk, magical crystals, blood,
>>
>>44207252
Mystical
>Mithril
>Adamantine
>Jade
>Quicksilver
>"Crystals"
>Star metal
>"Cold iron"
>Lodestone
>Elemental stones
>Uranium (why not)
That's all I got.
>>
>>44207276
>Jade, Quicksilver, Crystals, Cold Iron, Lodestones, Uranium
These all exist in reality.
>>
>>44207062
Put a space for "Unobtainium" on the sheet, and make that resource literally impossible to obtain in any map, as a joke.
>>
>>44207062
Incense is a classic.

Porcelain/kaolin is cool.

Marble and amber both had historical significance despite being of little functional use.

Balsa and bamboo.

The Souls series, especially DeS has neat resources. Cloudstone, for instance.

Saffron is super rare even today.
>>
>>44207289
But they have mystical properties still. Like Uranium. That thing is cursed by some god or something.
>>
Souls are pretty critical to demons, and still to undead.
>>
>>44207298
No it's not. It's just toxic and radioactive.

>>44207294
That's a shitty "joke" that's been done a lot already.
>>
>>44207276
Can't believe I missed a category.
Metals
>Iron
>Copper
>Tin
>Lead
>Silver
>Gold
>Mercury
>Platinum
>Uranium
>Aluminum
>Titanium
>>
>>44207289
Yes, but I'm referring to the mystical qualities often associated with those.
>>
>>44207272
I'm not referring to any one type of game but rather a list of as many resources as possible so "metal" is the opposite of this exercise
>>
now....will OP deliver?
>>
>>44208135
Doesn't he always? Trust anon, trust.
>>
>>44207062

What was 7 Wonders resource spread again?

Oh yeah.

>Wood
>Stone
>Ore
>Bricks
>Glass
>Fabrics
>Writing
>MILITARY
>Engineering
>Logic
>Mathematics?
>>
File: Civ 5 Icons.jpg (876 KB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
Civ 5 Icons.jpg
876 KB, 2400x1800
>>44208135
Yes But do you have any idea how long it takes to make that many quality graphic icons?

I Just got home, I posted that on my phone at work to hold you over I will be posting the resource I made to use all the Civ 5 icons
>>
>>44208764
I'm just ribbing you because you didn't mention which ones you'd actually work on. Gnight OP, see you in the morning.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.