[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, has anyone played the Mistborn RPG system? I've gone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (77 KB, 1050x576) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77 KB, 1050x576
Hey, has anyone played the Mistborn RPG system? I've gone off the deep end on this cosmere shit and I'm interested in the game.

Thoughts?
>>
>>44206469
>Thoughts?
SPELLBOUND NEVER FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffff-
>>
All I've ever heard is that it's mediocre to bad. Not any specifics though, so I'm afraid not hugely helpful.
>>
>>44206507

People say that and I've read through it and it just looks like storyteller. I'm interested where the bad comes in.
>>
>>44206507
I heard the opposite, mediocre to decent, but that's not a lot of an opposite.
>>
>>44206521
>>44206507

Maybe it just depends on how many Sanderson nerds are in your group.
>>
Oh dude, there's a Mistborn RPG? I've nearly finished The Final Empire, and I'm really digging it. Best fantasy book I've read in ages.
>>
>>44206491
I feel you, man. I feel you.
>>
It's pretty good. I have a pdf, though I'm not sure how I got it. It might throw a few people, because it uses a kinda strange system, but since it's designed for Mistborn games, it works darn well for them.
>>
Actually, since it's based on telling the story, there are no levels. And it's made so characters don't have to be Mistborn to contribute to the team.
>>
>>44206469
I would have been fucking psyched if I had been 12 when I read my first Sanderson book but now they just feel like world-building exercises with some characters tacked on.

I think that if he wrote a setting or sourcebook for an existing system it would be really neat, but literally every book he writes is like "Have you thought about this very specific version of magic before? Bet you haven't! With awful combat scenes and YA fiction story lines.
>>
Mistborn started off pretty good, the world was interesting, same with the magic but the end of the trilogy really left a bad taste in my mouth
>>
>>44210113
>World and magic was cool.
>Books were bad.

Literally every Sanderson book.
>>
>>44210430
The world wasn't even that cool. It's merely very grimdark from start.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.