[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Adventure Modalvania Edition House Quest 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: female necromancer.jpg (53 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
female necromancer.jpg
53 KB, 736x552
Rolled 15 (1d100)

Horrors of paperwork edition.

Last time you got on the bad side of a bbeg with a sister complex, did some missions, and gtfo before shit hit the fan. While riding that out you have since got to enjoy a cushy government job rife with politics due to graduating with such great results.

So while the dead march, savages descend from the wilds, and kingdoms make war you are actually quite comfy. At least until you get called back or you know go to attend the village, go off on adventure, or attend to some other matters personal or otherwise.

You have since woke up to a new day and suddenly remembered today is your day off.

What do?
>Investigate Uncle's Estate
>Go shopping
>Go back to school
>Retire and return
>Other?

Last thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44067029/
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>44196360
>Other?
Become a Part Time student with a Full Time Job!

Just a simple course to keep our mind sharp until we return to school. Like Literary intro to Magic.

We will continue to work until our original working contrat is up, but if by the the undead war hasn't ended we'll go back to school proper.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>44196360
>>Investigate Uncle's Estate
Let see if he still has anything here as well.
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>44196505
The one in the city right?
>>
File: 308644_1199673917_large.jpg (377 KB, 1588x867) Image search: [Google]
308644_1199673917_large.jpg
377 KB, 1588x867
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>44196612
Yeah.
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>44196505
Alright, let's do that.
>>
File: 1450149039126.jpg (329 KB, 1280x1838) Image search: [Google]
1450149039126.jpg
329 KB, 1280x1838
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>44196360
Hey Genie, I wanted to make sure of somethings. If we were to master into magic could we pull what Abi did with psi and mix it will physical powers?

Or would it be better for us to just learn how to use magic or soul and then master weapons to just power them up in some way?
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>44196505
Vote
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>44196884
Abi was unusual in she was able to become an extremely rare psi magi despite the great difficulties and she largely used the powers she unlocked to further enhanced her divinely blessed form already.

In sheer body terms Abigail has that belonging to a heroic unit making it very tough, strong, and fast.

However her non physical powers are much weaker in comparison. Its why Petyr was able to resist her successfully in that regard(physically though he is forever fucked).

There are many ways of magic and many of them DO diverge into other paths. Mostly the result of people who discovered their magical talent wasn't so strong after all and had to use other means to compensate. It resulted in flourishing mixture of choices and goodies for it.

So in other words yeah.

>>44196505
You decide to go to your uncle estate. Turned out to be a villa in the rich people part of town. Apparently this one he was actually able to finish.

>Ask around about it
>Investigate the outside
>Head inside
>Go back
>Other?
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44197140
That's what I thought, thanks for answering.

>>44197140
>Ask around about it
Maybe what someone says with give us a hit to something.
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>44196505
Rolling
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>44197278
...mislink. rolling for this
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>44197278
Vote
>>
>>44197140
>>44196884
Concerning magic, I was feeling we should get smart enough in general anti-evil/anti-undead knowledge, as well as Alchemy and Soul Infusion.

Alchemy we can combine with a technical class to help design structures and devices we need for the village, as well as potions and counter spell stuff against monsters.

Lastly the soul stuff and alchemy knowledge will allow us to focus on training on firearms, so we can produce enchanted bullets and then fire them with skill on our enemies, as well as magically silent bullets for stealth.

The classes we will take when we get back to school are:
Introduction to Magic - Soul Specialty
Defense against the Dark Arts
Alchemy
Mechanics
Firearms

>>44197140
This is an okay plan right Genie?
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>44197664
Yup.

...well there isn't really a firearms class. Too obscure and mostly a weapon the alchemists like.

>>44197278
Unfortunately you don't find out much about it besides the Villa be abandoned by its owner years ago. That is supposedly haunted and many of the workers there who used to protect/maintain it have also left a short while back. For some reason though its still around.

What do?
>Look into former employees
>Investigate the outside
>Head inside
>Go back
>Other?
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>44197776
>>Look into former employees
>>
>>44197776
Alright, then we'll train under our Demon gun girl friend.

Hey Genie, if we get smart enough in Soul Magic will we be able to do some Gunmage stuff?

Pic related

(Abigail was supposed to do this too, not sure how far we trained her in Telekinetic Gunmanship but I believe we did to an extent)
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>44197861
Abigail specialized in physical and enhancement for her stuff. Made her a complete speedy hard to destroy wrecking ball of pure destruction. She mostly liked to use her abilities to enhance or help out with what she already had. Even had to lose many augs because of it.

But the power she has and the toys the Combine lets her use(because psi magi are so rare) helps a lot. The Combine are infamous for their obscure research and morally questionable toys.

Republic in comparison is much more main stream and morally upstanding.

Combine in fact has some of the best stuff you can find for psi magi while the Republic has the worst. Unlike the Republic the Combine doesn't mind throwing resources around to even the most obscure or rare.

Gunmages are a thing. Though they tend to be weaker magi who lacking talent/power who had to compensate. Their kind led to all sorta of things like magical swordsman and yes gunmages too.
>>
>>44198002
Which is perfect for us because I'm not sure we have the time to become a hermit and full WIZARD.

We should have started as a young boy apprentice, but maybe we can do that in another hero quest ni this setting.
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>44197848
Vote
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>44197848
This
>>
>>44197848
aww there was a good roll this time...

----
You managed to find some former employees. According to them the previous master sold 'almost' everything off and what he didn't take with he stored in a secret vault. Problem is he ALSO activated all the top notch security he had and got rid of the means to shut it down. The villa in is fact due to your uncle's experiences one of the best heavily protected places in the city.

Once the pay ran out though some of the security left and some thought it was safe to go in...they never made it back. Apparently your uncle had plans to keep the security running long term.

What do?
>Investigate the outside
>Head Inside
>Go back
>Investigate your uncle
>Other?
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>44198346
>Investigate your uncle
>Other?
We're no Petyr, but I like to think we're a smart cookie.

Maybe we can find out if our Uncle ever wanted us to visit his Villa. You only protect something like that only if you plan for somebody important to visit it later.

...or if you want to keep something in.

But yeah, let's investigate.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>44198728
Yup.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>44198728
Maybe it's a dungeon and we need to gather a strong party to bust in, like a test from our Uncle.
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>44198780
hahahahah fuck that is totally something he would do too...

>>44198728
Unfortunately it seems information on your uncle has purposely been blocked. Besides the past you knew about already and the fact he worked/lived here you could find little else. Clearly someone wants to keep it hidden for some reason and people aren't willing to talk so easily. All you could tell was something happened and now people try to pretend that they never knew him.

What do?
>Burn favors for uncle info
>Pay people to find info about uncle
>Keep trying
>Give up
>Other?
>>
>>44198845
We owe people favors? Cool
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>44198867
A few. You just started out so you have very few of them.
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>44198845
>Pay people to find info about uncle
Grease the gears, save the favors for later. We may needed them after we get what is in side.
>>
>>44198929
Hey, money doesn't grow on trees now! We do this we better invest in this and not turn back
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>44198929
Fine. But we better not throw it away for naught!
Vote
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>44198952
I never planed to. We can only go forward and right now we got things waiting on us from our uncle. We get the info, we plan, get skills and make the team.
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>44198929
Rollling
>>
>>44199064
lol
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>44199064
...welp there went that plot.

Second plot to bite the dust already.
>>
>>44199308
And we love it Genie
>>
>>44199308
Good old Mc plot breaking skills. We just walk into something and it just fails apart.

I like to think for the better for the lady's case, but we shall see how that turns out.
>>
>>44199509
No matter what, before we inevitably die or on the miracle we somehow reach a win condition, we must and shall achieve one thing:

Getting to /know/ the Lady. and maybe a few other girls in the quest
>>
>>44199565
banging a bbeg IS a win condition in my book
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>44198929
>>44199064
...all my plots keep on getting wrecked by you guys goddamn it. I didn't even get a chance to hardly use the bloody things even.

----
After some VERY well placed bribes you got info on your uncle.

His villa's security is relying upon bounded and summoned entities, magical devices, followed by a whole lot of traps. However it has one key weakness being the key that he possessed that is capable of bypassing it all. Which as it turned out has made its way into your very own possession. Turned out one the keys you got fits the description to the T.

As for your uncle apparently he ran afoul of a particularly nasty plot that not only caused him to lose his position but also got himself exiled. Your uncle when he retired from his adventuring days got into a different line of works and threw his lot in with the Imperial Princess Zaria. The plot was actually headed by Imperial Prince Draz and his people was able to successfully wrest control of the Adventuring Relations Department from the hands of your uncle and even get him exiled as well as utterly wrecking his supports. Your uncle in truth do the events only has a whomping 2 real friends still in the city and only a single real ally.

That being the princess whom he allied himself with.

As for his friends they were morally bankrupt merchant and banker Mur'Cesei whom come to think of it your uncle tried to bring up engaging you to one of his daughters due to that being one of the only ways to get on his goodside...and you really wanted to be on his good side according to your uncle. As well as of all fucking people his ex and former childhood Head of the Inquraz Institute Miranda Wathosi. Apparently their falling out had in fact been faked...while its true they broke up it wasn't on nearly the bad terms it had appeared to be.

>>44199565
Your actually VERY close to a possible win condition assuming you agree to certain terms the Lady will offer you and you manage to reach that point.
>>
>>44199565
Unfortunately I will aid little in /knowing/ others for I'm a one person kinda of guy.

>>44199693
Wow, close to winning already.
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>44199693
Well...that is the summary of what should of been a pain in the ass to find out and leading to an interesting chain of events.

...Sorta skipped all of that. Despite not even finding the damned quest starter for it...

What do?
>Go into Villa
>Look up his friends
>Look up his ally
>Nope back home
>Other?

>>44199723
...well consider it a series of good choices and luck creating a chain of highly fortunate events.

That is assuming you don't miss it though and the choice may not be entirely obvious but its deadly serious.
>>
>>44199693
>Your actually VERY close to a possible win condition assuming you agree to certain terms the Lady will offer you and you manage to reach that point.
Cool!

If we somehow do that, I'm not at all aganist something like a retirement not too far away. Have the happy ending before we get killed and all. Then we can try yet another character.

(Although, it'd be fun if we got the win condition we could do it early Abigail-Petyr style where there's a little mortgage that they won't die easily)
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>44199794
>>Go into Villa
... trying to think of anything else we may want to do before this, likely, can of worms is opened.

>>44199794
If it's about her cooking, I will just make sure to nod or say yes. Even if it's bad.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>44199930
Yes, this is meant for us and us alone. He gave us the key.

Vote
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>44199930
OPEN SESAME!
>>
Hmm

>Get on good terms with our Uncle's Ally and Friends
>Try and reconcile and get in favors for the Lady (Imperial blessing from the princess, Inquisitorial assistance from Miranda, Monetary backing from Mur'Cesei)
>Prop up her fledgling nation state to be able to gain its own independence legally, financially, and powerfully
>Lady get's her Kingdom back on its feet and no longer has to lick Kingdom Bootheel

Sound like a plan guys?
>>
>>44200060
Sounds good for the moment.
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>44199821
It wasn't suppose to be so short...its just my plots that are suppose to last awhile keep getting wrecked in record time.

Thankfully this ALSO sped up the win conditions.

>>44199930
You go to the villa and open the gates with your key. As you enter you could practically feel the spells and traps activate until they sensed your key thereby becoming disabled.

Its not about her cooking.

What do?
>Search the grounds
>Search inside
>Look for the hidden vault
>Go back
>Other?

So much for the dungeon...
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>44200350
Thank god for that because to be honest I think nobody was savvy with your plot this time, we're mostly going with the motions.

>Search inside
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>44200350
>>Search the grounds
To act like nothing is wrong.
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>44200505
Vote
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>44200427
>Going with the motion
My fucking ass.

If you were going with the motion it would not nearly have ended up like this. Next time there WONT be a fucking plot i swear...and it will have a proper adventure.

with undead.

and dark philosophical possibilities...like blackjack and hookers.
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>44200641
>...and it will have a proper adventure.
>with undead.
We can do that

After we marry the Lady and have an army at our back and gun-fu soul magic.
>>44200505
Rolling
>>
File: 1450145309075.jpg (46 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
1450145309075.jpg
46 KB, 600x849
>>44200641
If it helps, It was my vote for the graveyard visit because of how I play characters. A lot of people were just going with what I randomly posted.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>44200505
Let's see what we can find
>>
>>44200868
I say if we win via marrying the Lady and settling down, we train one of our sons in our skills, and have him go on a grand adventure!
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>44200505
The grounds are entirely empty if overgrown except for a few summoning formations that have deactivated.

From your search you were unable to find anything of note and couldn't even figure out where the traps or other magics were located within.

What do?
>Search again
>Search inside
>Look for the hidden vault
>Go back
>Other?
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>44201072
>>Search inside
Outside seems pretty clear. Let's check inside the house now.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>44201242
Vote
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>44201242
>Search inside
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>44201242
On words!
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>44201242
You proceed to search indoors. This time you did manage to find some of the traps and magical devices. You even managed to find some hidden rooms or secret passages. Sadly none of them turned out to be or lead to the hidden vault.

The villa itself was barebone with everything of value being taken and the stuff that was left to decay. Broken furniture and dust was hanging around a lot. You were unable to find anything of value until you entered the study.

...there on the beaten to hell desk you found a letter from your uncle to you. It talked about how your uncle was setup and had many enemies there. Many of his friends also betrayed him or left him to fend for himself. What few stuck around he wasn't sure if they were traitors or so he warned you to watch out.

He claimed if you wanted to you could attempt to avenge him on those who drove him off but he wouldn't suggest it and warned you to beware the political games of this city. Here even the skilled can easily fall prey.

It did say the last of your inheritance could be found in here. Apparently he didn't take everything and its stashed in a special area where the first keyhole with a second turn leads.

What the hell does that mean?
If you get guess it right then you get in without devoting an action. otherwise roll is required along with action devoted to it.

What do?
>Look around some more
>Stay here
>Leave
>Other?
>>
>>44202044
>stashed in a special area where the first keyhole with a second turn leads.
Hmm, riddles.

I'm debating whether it'd be harder if this was simply a play on words or one of those things wehre the info was dropped some threads ago.
>>
>>44202044
The first keyhole we found in the premise was the gate.
Could "second turn" literally mean, turning it a second time? Is it a magical gate?
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44202254
who knows?

Real pity you weren't a magic major...

>>44202205
There were only a few threads so you could go thread diving if you want...not entirely sure how useful that would be considering my plots keep getting wrecked.

>>44201063
An actual possibility if you make the right choices I will make it an option.
>>
>>44202305
>Real pity you weren't a magic major...
Hrrk, we were going to go back to school once we were satisfied with our job progress.

Come to think of it we CAN do that right now. Just leave, go to school, get a graduate degree and then come back more knowledged. The villa isn't going anywhere anyway.
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>44202436
Something like
>Action
>Timeskip
Feel that we need to understand magic more.
Complete our original job contract until it's finished, but do not renew. We will then have gained much experience and some influence.
Go back to school and apply to the following classes:

Introduction to Magic - Soul Specialty
Defense against the Dark Arts
Alchemy
Mechanics
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>44202478
Can we do this? I like this plan.
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>44202478
Okay, time to learn.
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>44202478
Job contract finished and you go back to school.

During the time however the undead were driven back and kingdoms collapsed creating an interesting void. It was then you received a certain letter.

Stating that if you so choose you could come back to the lady...

What do?
>Keep going to school
>Go back to her
>Send letter(saying what?)
>Go back to the Villa
>Other?
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>44202936
>>Send letter(saying what?)
"My Lady, I would like nothing more than to return to your service at once.

It is well that my job is now completed, and that you have repulsed the enemy. Now would be a prudent time for me to return and assist with rebuilding.

I am however, in a position of choice. With the knowledge I gianed from my job, I could further be of better service to you finishing a graduate education thereby when I return at a later date, I will be far more skilled and able to dutifully serve you.

However, I can imagine after this war, it is possible you may wish services immediately to assist in rebuilding.

I wish to know your thoughts on this matter. Whatever you ask, my Lady, I will serve."
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>44203075
Rolling for letters!
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>44203075
>>44203126
Seems more dialogue than action roll, but whatever.
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>44203075
Rollan
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>44202936
>>Go back to the Villa
Use the key twice on the first door.
>>
File: 1450148461728.jpg (221 KB, 626x644) Image search: [Google]
1450148461728.jpg
221 KB, 626x644
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>44203197
and it's not. Go to the oldest looking door in the house.
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>44203075
Action options are same as last time.

"I already have magi present.

If you do not return. Your rights to the village management will be withdrawn. Otherwise feel free to stay.

I was hoping to discuss your nobility claim and your leadership qualities as well as personal reasons."

"The choice is yours but be aware my doors will only be open for so long before they are closed and I expect what belongs to me to be returned."
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>44203309
>>44202936
>Go back to her
Then return at once we shall!
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>44203309
>Go back to her
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>44203362
>>44203407
>36
>93
heh

>>44203309
Time to go back
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>44203362
>>44203407
>>44203434
Are you guys not going to even try turning the key in ones of the doors before we leave?
>>
>>44203494
>>44203309

Will we have the time Genie?
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>44203494
If we can do it without making the Lady mad, do so.
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>44203723
Same
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>44203550
Yup.
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>44203848
Then let's spend our last day in town to press the search Vault as far as we can!

>>44203197
>>44203304
Rolling
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44203304
>>44203197
Sure, it's our last few days in the city so let's do it.
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>44203197
Have a roll
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>44203197
Switching to this
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>44203197
You decide to go back to the Villa and tried the key on the door...this time twice. Oddly enough it appeared to be normal until you stepped through and found yourself in a different area.

An area that was stacked with all sorts of stuff and further away was a place meant for training.

It would appear you found the vault...that is full of pieces of knowledge along with a small pouch of gems and interestingly some artwork.

The materials of knowledge though once you went through them quickly revealed themselves to be either rare, valuable, or forbidden. It would appear this is where your uncle stashed all his forbidden goodies of knowledge and place to train. Including the stuff he would wish to train in.

The few pieces of artwork were the strangest. You felt like they weren't as they appeared to be but couldn't figure them out until you found a note stating they were cursed and couldn't be sold.

That dissapointed you.

What do?
>check out the villa
>Use the vault
>Go back to school
>Leave to the lady
>Other?
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>44204276
>>Leave to the lady
Just glad we found it. I guess grab gems and any books to help leadership, just in case. Reactivate all traps before heading out. We got somethings to deal with before we can spend time here.
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>44204276
>Take some gems
>Lock the Vault again
>Leave to the lady
We will return, but we must negotiate with the Lady first.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>44204388
>>44204503
We shall return
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>44204276
Genie, do we have time to practice on just a little bit of magic?
>>
File: 1450034228098.jpg (194 KB, 784x600) Image search: [Google]
1450034228098.jpg
194 KB, 784x600
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>44204604
There's no time. We got a lady friend to speak with about the heart.
>>
>>44204634
Oh, alright.

I'm thinking we should negotiate some more free time or seriously consider relegating the village to someone else. This magic stuff is incredible.
>>
File: 1450033567562.jpg (126 KB, 800x1429) Image search: [Google]
1450033567562.jpg
126 KB, 800x1429
>>44204661
There will be time later. We can see if the lady will help with moving the stuff safely or something. Once we spend some time and talk it over at the right moment.

Also I care about that place. It would suck to give it to some asshole.
>>
>>44204733
It will be safest at the Vault.

And to be fair, Garz is anything but an asshole.
>>
>>44204754
I meant it in the assumption that some other lord would take it.
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>44204388
>>44204503
>>44204577
Vote
>>
Apologies for writing being especially shit tonight. Today had not been a good day for me. I'll try to mend that on Thursday.
>>
>>44206380
Hey, I liked it.

I just hope we get time to be with our lady and test out this vault and study magic.

And hey, how much gold did we earn from our Job and any good skills?
>>
bamp
>>
File: 1450101887934.jpg (217 KB, 706x826) Image search: [Google]
1450101887934.jpg
217 KB, 706x826
>>44206380
All good with me as well. After all, us getting good rolls and moving in the right way probably doesn't help things.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>44207418
eh you were working there for about a yearish and skills was mostly paperwork/politics.

Yes you should have the time.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>44214355
Then let's go to our lady and ask if we can get time to study magic.

>>44204388
>>44204503
Vote
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>44214470
>>44205048
>>44204634
>>44204503
>>44204388
Leave and go to the lady now
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>44211309
When plots get wrecked so insanely hard its tough to come up with stuff.
>>
>>44216146
Don't worry about that. Players always have side goals to keep them occupied.
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>44216146
The dice control your story now boy.
>>
File: 1450040264335.jpg (222 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
1450040264335.jpg
222 KB, 800x1132
>>44216146
I want to say stop letting the system get in the way of the story. Yet your goal is to make a system so I can understand.
>>
>>44218772
We often end up making our own story anywho
>>
>>44216146
Bump
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>44216215
Luck is always important and dice=luck.

>>44218772
>>44219425
Next time i swear i am not gonna include any fucking plots.

My two largest plots that were suppose to last for a long while utterly wrecked in under 5 threads. And we are talking Genie tier plotting here.

It would appear to me that this guy's story is almost finished though. I am practically out of fucking material here. Dark Adventures will continue of course...just with like a different caste of characters. Including say his children will be an option to pick from.
>>
>>44224019
>It would appear to me that this guy's story is almost finished though. I am practically out of fucking material here.
Heh, really? I'm just kind of impressed then. To us it feels like there's still plenty more to do.

Truly, there are plenty of goals we players still want to do with Jake. Even beyond the main one of Marrying the lady.

Impressing our Uncle's former friends to strengthen her kingdom's position.

Plotting with the lady for her kingdom to gain true independence.

Maybe helping her get revenge on someone (heroes, the King, etc.). . .and trying to get the tribes to reunite with her kingdom.

IN FACT, part of the reason we took the bureacracy job was also so that we could improve village management.

It's a bit like we sorta planned to turn this into a proper civ/village quest with like, stats and stuff. If not to wage war like in normal civ but to be able to produce our own super awesome gear so that we can go on adventures and wreck stuff.

>Dark Adventures will continue of course...just with like a different caste of characters. Including say his children will be an option to pick from.
Maybe next time we stand a chance of assembling a party to actually go raid a Vampire's castle.

Especially since there's a ton of gear Jake hasn't used yet, as well as strategies, and a village worth of interesting NPC's. I hope we keep that!

Hell, Jake himself still has a TON of potential as yet unrealized between soul magic, his Uncle's vault, and a wide cast of characters to learn from.
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>44225054
Also kind of lucky because it would have been a nightmare to solve all of these plots on our own accord.

I'm not even sure without the 100 how we would have impressed the Lady to the level we did. . .or find out about our Uncle's friends and allies and the key. That was very useful.
>>
>>44224019
I would love to see this become a civ, lead by our hero in our town.
>>
>>44227277
Yeah, although to be fair that's what we were doing with Petyr.

I'd be fine if it became "Civ-Lite"
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>44204503
>>44204388
You proceed to grab some stuff things like the gems before closing up shop and making sure the defenses were back on. After that you sent a letter to your place of work before departing to return to the lady. It took time but after a week or two you were able to return to her town.

...which truthfully seemed to be a bit more like a city. It was difficult going through the area that was ravaged by war. You got lucky and were able to make it through.

What do?
>Go to the villa
>Shopping
>Go the military area
>Go the religious area
>Other?
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>44232124
>>Other?
Round 2: Flower Power

Check out the area, grab a nice gift for the lady and head off to see her.
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44232240
Vote.
>>
File: 1450058452324.jpg (125 KB, 695x850) Image search: [Google]
1450058452324.jpg
125 KB, 695x850
Waiting for the others, bump.
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>44232240
Rolling
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44232240
Vote

>Honey we're home, how was the war dear?
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>44232240
This time you remembered your lesson about the flowers...all for naught when you noticed a flower shop. Goddamn it.

Picking flowers went for nothing.

Around the town you could see that a military quarter has arisen, while the trade and commoner quarter has expanded. Meanwhile the religious temples seem to be much more complete. The temple district itself was very lovely if you could get around the constant squabbling over worshipers. Eventually you made your way to the Villa and found that it would appear to be expanded into a manor. Inside you were taken to a waiting area where you noticed a few more knights and troops compared to normal. Oddly it would appear that the war was VERY good for the Baroness.

It was then you were after awhile allowed to see her in the study. She didn't look much changed granted a bit sleepless but that's about it as she noticed you.

"It would seem to have your decision yes? If you came to leave my services please leave the items I gave to you behind. If you came for work...well there is certainly a lot of that going around. If you came here about your duties the village is a bit better and services are deemed useful for future consolidating. Now if you came here for your nobility claimant...I have a proposition for you in that regard. It is this."

"You can either accept my assistance in securing the required lands OR...you can go independent. If you accept my assistance I have will have a future request of us...ahem," clearly she was getting a bit nervous and flushed. "That is to...tie our well your future house and mine by marriage."

Did...did she JUST ask you to marry her?

"Of course you have the right to deny, but should you accept I have...yet another selfish request of basing yourself here and staying close to home. I have much need of your expertise...here. ahem."

...well that is a first to see her so cherry red. Kind of adorable if it wasn't for the whole...well you didn't QUITE see that coming.

What do?
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>44233735
I have said it once before and that will never change.

I'm yours Ishka Ezrasha, if will accept me.
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44233735
"Yes. . .my love."
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>44233735
>What do?
"I do"
--
And thus, our days of adventuring has come to a close, in a pleasant and satisfying way indeed.
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>44233974
>>44233935
>YES
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>44233935
>>44233974
I'm going to vote this SO hard
>>
>>44233735
Anybody notice our guy hasn't killed anything yet?
And yet this is still the most fun I have had in a genie game in months
>>
>>44234316
This game is great. It isn't extremely taxing to strategy or overtly complicated, has lots of room for fun stuff, and we're rolling like crazy. It's got just the right balance of things to pursue with plenty of given GM plotlines to follow.

Not to mention the setting is cool.

Te set list of choices are great and helpful this time too.
>>
File: 1450302403852.jpg (205 KB, 873x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450302403852.jpg
205 KB, 873x1200
>>44234316
A change of pace will do that.
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>44234316
Yeah, and if we call it here marrying our Lady and filling her up with a dozen babies we end it so sweetly too.
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>44233935
>>44233974
>>44234125
and so you agree to her terms...ALL of her terms.

With the assistance of Ishka Ezrasha you took a slice of wildlands and deadlands both while their forces were both occupied elsewhere. Meanwhile some of the lady's former lands ALSO fell back into her hands. A peaceful sleepy village meanwhile remained just so and stayed quiet as the uncle's former home was turned into the new vacation home. As you successfully secured the lands and became a de facto noble the marriage was arranged shortly afterward just as things settled down and a temporary time of peace was held as the forces were force to lick their wounds. With really the only real winners being one such as your wife and technically now you as well. You stayed with your new wife in her home and later would move to her reclaimed city even as your 'official' lands had two towns and military bases constructed to secure them.

It wasn't long after you just getting married you had your first child...and then later many more. You may have underestimated your wife's capabilities...again. Thankfully little aunt helped out a lot. So you spent your time working with your wife in a surprisingly blissful marriage managing and ruling together.

And so ends Arc 1.

Okay so new characters...well can't fucking believe that first arc ended so fast...only 4 fucking threads and its already over.
I was suppose to go back as I figured I would of had the wedding planned(fuck those crits so goddamned hard
>>44234081
Indeed.

>>44234316
Do not underestimate my ability to run different types of games. Even with the plot getting wrecked beyond repair...next time there WONT be any! I fucking swear!

...at least not for your character personally. Its gonna be fun as HELL to see what havoc you'll guys will end up causing.

..heheh just thinking about makes me giggle.

>>44234473
Yup...dem barbarians got the baby making down good...granted its mostly because so many of them die but still.
>>
>>44234675
>Barbarians have fertility/pop boost
Noted for future fantasy civ purposes
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>44234675
Win achievement acquired.

WIN!

Arc 1 is finished!

...so arc 2 will begin as I hadn't thought it would ended far before i had finished my reviewing of the previous game.

So we shall CONTINUE!

Anyway new caste of potential MCs.

because of achieving hidden win state(by seducing the fucking villainess you goddamned bastards) and wrecking my other plot. As well as the win bonus will ensure some fun upgrades no matter what you choose!

Options are:

>Write In
(custom option)

>Morin Ishka
Not one of the older sons so his options were limited. Thankfully both his parents took pity on him. His mother revealed to him the ways of dark magics and his father gave him some of his deceased great uncle's gear.

>Melinda Ishka
Followed her father's footsteps in administrative management and being a beauty she is being well courted by many potential suitors who are quite eager. Her schooling in prestigious schools and her family's tutoring has served only to make matters worse.

>Mathis Ishka
Eldest Son and inheritor of the lands of both his parents. He has been carefully groomed since birth for his future and for the first time in his young life he actually has some freedom. Before that is his parents grow too old and hand stuff off to him.

>Rand
One day you awoke in a dungeon...and you have no idea how you got there or how to get out for that matter. Suppose that is what you get for getting to close to a cliff and tripping...considering your a lowly commoner its not like your chances are good.

>Nom
You were a child soldier...now your finally free after the compound was raided. You were one of the lucky ones who weren't killed in the crossfire and the soldiers let you go. Problem is your not entirely sure what do with yourself...you been adrift for years finding yourself with one side or another. Bandits, militaries, fanatics, gangs it all blurred together. Now your free though...

>Avis
What happens when a adventurer and dungeon keeper fall in love?
>>
>>44234973
>>Melinda Ishka
Not a vote but, we always do the adventures types.

I wonder what a princess quest would be like.
>>
File: 1450151917706.jpg (152 KB, 750x1061) Image search: [Google]
1450151917706.jpg
152 KB, 750x1061
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>44234973
>Avis
What happens when a adventurer and dungeon keeper fall in love?

O, my god! I would be so happy if we got to play Genie's take on Dungeon Keeper style games. Yet I don't want to see our old Mc's story end...

I got to go for it and see what we can do with a Dungeon Heart.
>>
>>44234973
So many options, all of them look fun, hard to pick
>>
>>44235067
>Yet I don't want to see our old Mc's story end...
I know that feel and yet, I also don't want to spoil one of the rare happy endings in a Genie game (do you have any idea how rare those are?)

It's like at the good end of Undertale where the only thing you can do is choose to fuck it all up.
>>
File: 1450168078358.jpg (75 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1450168078358.jpg
75 KB, 500x667
>>44235118
I have been spending way to much time working on the ends for that game. It so much easier to hug it out, than to fight.

The guy did well, it's just I want to see where the kids go. Yet, I got a hard on for Overlord and Dungeon Keeper style games.
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>44234973
>Aymi
After surviving in the wilderness for gods only know how long you FINALLY came down to civilization! So lets ignore the whole pissed off wannabe fiance/childhood friend back and enjoy the sweet taste of freedom.

>Ravis Aoki
Former erhm current playboy and only son among a crowd of daughters had a sudden if horrifying realization. It was simple his sisters NEEDED him! Especially once his father didn't truly care and there were other guys like him...worse then him. Who may target HIS sisters! Or god forbid they get stuck in an awful marriage then what? After all what your sisters did for you how can you let this STAND!

>>44235008
Considering she even has princes after her that is actual possibility.

>>44235084
Yeah i'm a dick like that.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>44235118
Just don't play the ruling son.

>>44235067
Dungeons is actually something I put a lot of thought into. They even exist still in the far future(and there are shows devoted to showcasing teams advancing through them).
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>44234973
>Morin Ishka
I AM MORIN ISHKA!

I AM GONNA BE A WIZARD!

WE'RE GOING TO GO ON AN ADVENTURE AND MAKE OURSELVES FAMOUS!

WE CAN BE COOL LIKE BIG BRO TOO!

I EXIST!
>>
>>44235266
O god, I know what to make the next civ vote for.
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>44235337
...wow anon you already know him so well *sniffle* the tragedy of being a younger son in a house of nobility.

I was about to wonder where the hell everyone went all of a sudden. Previously there were so many votes...

>>44235351
...why do I have a bad feeling about this?
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>44235337
Fucking Adventure Wizard up in this
>>
File: 1450145938256.jpg (219 KB, 628x1100) Image search: [Google]
1450145938256.jpg
219 KB, 628x1100
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>44235388
I assume the feeling is from the off chance I learn something else about the system/world and bring more pain.

All I have right now is just a Dungeon civ, that will probably be cultist. All that knowledge to bring it's heart back to life and spread control.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>44235492
Gotta admit dungeon designing will be fun too.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>44235067
I vote dungeon keeper.

Then we can build the perfect dungeon.

Then we can use the Wizard son to brave it!
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>44235067
Alright, I'll play the dungeoneer and the adventurer

I hope we get a chance to play as many people from Genie's list as possible.

>>44234973
>Avis
>>
File: 1385863340089.jpg (548 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1385863340089.jpg
548 KB, 1920x1080
>>44235621
HAHAhAha.... yes. I can't wait to see what happens.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>44235621
THE GODS HAVE DECIDED.

I CAN WAIT BEING A WIZARD.

I'll just. . .study in Grand Uncle's vault. . .yeah
>>
>>44235621
Hahahaha
>>
>>44235769
Then something mines it way in and so our start of being a co-op dungeon lord begins.
>>
>>44234973
Alvis
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>44235621
...seems like the dice gods are in the mood for romance lately. Fucking hell.

-----
You are Avis the adventurer and you just sorta fell in love...with a dungeon keeper of all fucking people.

This was suppose to be your first mission as a newbie team of adventurers from the adventure academy. That place raised you since you were a kid considering you were an orphan you got lucky and managed to earn yourself a slot by the skin of your teeth. Turned out listening to those old coots and the last of your inheritance paid off.

...problem is well there were living expenses you know? And your ways of making money were limited so you...may have uh sorta went out alone. Found a low level area that was suppose to be safe and so you decided to rob a bandit base while they were out. What you weren't expecting was at the end of the low leveled zone was a fucking Death Knight of DOOM waiting for you as the final boss. Turned out to be the Bandit Boss hadn't left this dungeon they set up shop in and the bandit boss was an infamous one with a particularly large bounty for it was the Bandit Boss Bascov.

What was even more unexpected was after the surprisingly easy fight despite the appearances but when the helmet fell off...you saw an equally young if pretty girl who was waiting for you to kill her.

...you couldn't.

So the young girl picked back up her helmet and said that in exchange for sparing her life she will grant you a single favor that is within her power.

Without thinking you blurted out.

"Please go out for me."

That was when the previously intimidating heavily armored figure stumbled badly in response as it looked at you in shocked. You could see those eyes widen in the helm as awkward silence fell over the place...that was when you heard a rough coughing that broke up the silence.

Oddly there was no you could determine where it came from.

"Well...that solves THAT problem I suppose for you Dungeon Keeper."

"...Dungeon k-ke-keep-keeeper?" you said.
>>
File: 1449466876062.jpg (308 KB, 1231x900) Image search: [Google]
1449466876062.jpg
308 KB, 1231x900
So do y'all think the 100 broke Genie?
>>
>>44236466
>...seems like the dice gods are in the mood for romance lately. Fucking hell.
They, like us, are getting impatient for the Petyr/Abigail wedding
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>44236476
I am not so easily broken.

>>44236466
"Oh don't worry she don't bite...much. Well okay she does bite...a lot. Must say my lady you did as it turned out this pipsqueek felt the SAME way about you."

"...shut up," she squeaked out.

"Well I don't suppose now i have to worry about THOSE needs for yours...don't worry I'll make sure the bed's size in increased for your lovemaking. Unless of course you like the close proximity."

"SHUT UP."

You in confusion stumble your way out and back home then slept before your head hit the pillow. As far as you were concerned it was a very strange dream. That day your newly created team was sent out to do a typical bandit clean up. That was when you had the weirdest sense of deja vue as you fought you fought your way through a very similar dungeon. After you took down some bandits who spilled the beans and told you were the target was.

Considering the target it got very confusing for you indeed. Especially when you made it to the boss room and fought together. This time though the boss enemy fought viciously and well but slowly you were able to wear her down. Oddly you had no wounds...and near the end you saw those familiar scarlet red spill from the helmet right when she was getting on the ropes.

That was when it hit you...it wasn't a dream. You really HAD fallen for a god forsaken dungeon keeper...it just seemed so surreal.

That was when the voice spoke up.

"If you really love her you would save her."

Without warning that when you struck. First cutting down the healer...who was honestly a sweet girl. She didn't see it coming and her eyes widened in confusion as well as shock as your blade caught her completely off guard.

You had already lost a number of people working your way here. The girl's dungeon was fucking vicious despite being such a pathetic grade. The healer only made it so far because she was so cute and popular.

Naturally they didn't expect for you to turn traitor.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>44236621
The wedding wasn't easy to plan and that was before crits. If you want to speed things up then help plan for the damn thing by posting about it or something.

>>44236727
Fortunately for you the leader merely thought you got hit with some kind of mind warp spell.

Unfortunately for them they were wrong as you approached and cut down the exhausted magi. After that though you performed a duel of blades clashing while the surviving heavies did their best to keep the boss contained.

It was only a matter of time though...now your former allies had no real supporters behind them and due to her purposely avoiding you. It wasn't too long before the last of them fell.

In the field of blood and corpses that slowly started to disolve away she approached. Drenched in blood and gore and lifted her helm as she gave you a peck on a cheek as thanks.

...you mindlessly stumbled back in shock over it all. You had fallen in love. You had betrayed your comrades, dream, code, and everything. Worst of all they were going to find out.

Luckily for you the academy thought you were influenced magically and the evidence was partially wiped out. So they let you go...leaving you to handle the fact you killed your comrades in arms to save the life of a vile dungeon keeper...whom you fallen in love with.

You...honestly couldn't really handle it very well. The sheer mental shock was too much as you stumbled your way to where they you killed those friends and comrades of yours. Slaying their innocent good lives for the sake of saving a single evil one.

So you stumbled into the waiting arms of the dungeon keeper for whom you did this all for. You honestly weren't conscious of much but somehow despite who she was her embrace was comforting as you past into slumber.

When you awoke...well you heard those two conversing.

"He reminds me of what you were like all those years ago. The shock and all when you lost everything."

"...not everything," she whispered. "I still had you didn't?"
>>
>>44236880
>If you want to speed things up then help plan for the damn thing by posting about it or something.
Your players are mostly interested in the honeymoon heh.

Pretty sure we were clear on the details, it's gonna take place at the most securest place we get with the best bodyguards ever (nat100) and generally:

We are going to spend a shit ton on party stuff, food, booze, etc. and invite everyone we have ever met ever.

Then go to the love planet at the love hotel to spend a week long honeymoon. Just Abigail, Petyer, and the physician who'll keep the poor boy not dying of exhaustion and high impact sexual intercourse seven days straight.
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>44236880
Shockingly those two were actually getting along at the moment as the voice was stunned into silence for a bit before replying.

"...Yes that is true you DID have my esteemed self and remember now he has you just as you had I." That was when the voice noticed you. " Ah it would appear you have awoken sorry about the mental trauma. I could only cover up it being of your own free will. As I had not enough energy at the time to patch that up too I am afraid. Sorry about that."

"Don't worry though I have it handled now so you SHOULD be back to normal...mostly. Well at least somewhat right in the head again anyway."

"...who the fuck ARE you?"

"Oh me I am a glorious Orb of Orginality created bye the esteemed Old-"

"He is just a dungeon heart," interrupted the girl.

"Hmph a mere 'dungeon heart' oh i LOATHE that term."

"You can call him...Vek. That is what I do anyway."

"She is known as Skaruz Bascov the bandit boss in her disguise. Actual name is Nova'Zikei."

"Disguise?"

"How do you think the bandits would react? Besides its useful. Don't worry I'll come up with a scary one for you too."

What do?
>Look around
>Talk with her
>Talk with voice
>leave
>Other?
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>44237144
Sorry that took so long...stupid crit.
>>
>>44237164
I like them, though I usually need some time to read them and get a feel for the character/situation which makes it hard to get an idea for dialogue actions.
>>
>>44236466
Question, did we fight the Girl/Bandit Boss or her Death Knight?

I'm a little confused as to the wording here:
>...problem is well there were living expenses you know? And your ways of making money were limited so you...may have uh sorta went out alone. Found a low level area that was suppose to be safe and so you decided to rob a bandit base while they were out. What you weren't expecting was at the end of the low leveled zone was a fucking Death Knight of DOOM waiting for you as the final boss. Turned out to be the Bandit Boss hadn't left this dungeon they set up shop in and the bandit boss was an infamous one with a particularly large bounty for it was the Bandit Boss Bascov.
>>
>>44236727
>Without warning that when you struck. First cutting down the healer...who was honestly a sweet girl. She didn't see it coming and her eyes widened in confusion as well as shock as your blade caught her completely off guard.
>You had already lost a number of people working your way here. The girl's dungeon was fucking vicious despite being such a pathetic grade. The healer only made it so far because she was so cute and popular.
>Naturally they didn't expect for you to turn traitor.
Whoa holy shit we're evil. That's pretty cool.
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>44237144
>>Talk with her
Get to know her better, more about her and how she ended up here in the dungeon.

This is the person we sacrificed everything to be with, and by god she is a stunning devil, but we want to know her!
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>44237144
Also question: After we killed our comrades. . .

was there any good LOOT!

(we're still a true adventurer at heart. Just a PK'er. . .)
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>44237458
They are the same.

>>44237637
You will have to ask. Their gear is terrible though not much better if not worse then your own.

>>44237540
heheheh.
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>44237611
Vote
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>44237611
Rolling
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>44237611
Also ask about the Dungeon Heart.
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>44237611
This
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>44237611
...finally.

She has you sit down her a table where then a strange pot and cups suddenly appear and pour themselves for the both of you. You were expecting tea what you got was something you never had before...and it tasted heavenly.

That was when she began. Turned out she was also orphan just like you were. Unlike you however she was never taken in by any group and had to survive out here on her own. She ended up seeking refuge in this dungeon whose live she saved by hiding its heart from those who sought to destroy it. In turn it offered her refuge when her home was burned to the ground and her family was slaughtered. Here she lived and scraped by. Eventually teaming up with some bandits whom she grew up with.

She wasn't always alone but when her family was destroyed and she sought to take refuge she was the only one who was abandoned in her family due to being too ugly and sickly at the time. Simply put she just wasn't worth it. The other kids were able to get taken in...she wasn't. So she had to fled her so called refuge and fell in with some bandits who thought she was a boy. while she made her way back to the dungeon. So she ended up here ever since carefully cultivating the dungeon and listening to its teachings. When she got out she would wander the wilderness or mess around with the bandits. Rarely would she go into the towns or cities where she wasn't exactly welcome due to being borne of a infamous breed.

Turned out she was from the hated Darkness in one of their villages. Her home was wrecked during one of the usual wars waged between the forces of light and dark. Her family was simply born on the wrong side.

What do?
>Talk with her some more
>Talk with voice
>Explore dungeon
>Leave
>Other?

>>44237540
So did I get the evil vibe down pretty good then huh?
>>
>>44238419
You certainly set us on the path yeah.

Love is Evol spelled backwards. This is twice we've fallen for women of dubious character
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44238500
Yeah well this time you had it coming with your choice of adventurer falling in love with dungeon keeper...dungeon keepers aren't exactly known for being good people. Comes with the whole dungeon dealing they do.

Last time though...fuck how was I suppose to see that coming? I purposely plotted it in such a way as to be incredibly difficult. Granted it didn't work out that way but still I really did try.

So leave me out of this.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>44238419
>>Talk with her some more
I'm alone too, now, we left it behind our friends, our academy, our way of life. But as long as I live, you will never be alone again.

>Ask if she has any plans, we certainly don't
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>44238707
>Ask if she has any plans
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>44238750
>>44238707
Sounds good
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>44238419
>Explore dungeon
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>44238794
I'll back that
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>44238707
This could use a better roll. . .
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>44238707
Technically your still enrolled. They just chalked it up to you getting mindfucked so they gave you some time off.

Her current and only plan is dungeon expansion...also moving the bandits farther away to make it much less likely to be stumbled upon.

What do?
>Talk with her
>Talk with voice
>Explore dungeon
>Leave
>Other?
>>
>>44238999
Question Genie are fantasy bandits still the all around Medieval Mad-alchemy/Madmadjick like their post apoc descendants? Do they have Bandit guns and bandit weapons and bandit battle wagons?
>>
>>44239044
and crazies, don't forget the crazies.

I'm not sure how big Nova'Zikei's bandit group is
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>44238999
>Talk with voice
>Explore dungeon
Let's learn more of the dungeon while we're at it. By talking to it while exploring it.
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>44239171
Vote
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>44239171
This will be fun
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>44239171
Support
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>44239103
Crazies are awesome. I was so happy I came up with that idea brings so much...well craziness.

>>44239044
Historic bandits were notably less MAD ridden due to psi only really getting popular later on. For now its pretty niche. Instead you have darker sorts and those on the run.

Bandit tech and weaponry is a thing yes. She runs a very small gang of them who have been taking some losses lately.

>>44239171
The dungeon you found is nestled in some forested foothills. Outside it is the bandit encampment...inside the actual dungeon itself is a hellhole of fungi, insects, and caves. It USED to be a single layer until...whatever this is happened. Bug swarms are everywhere as are spores. Despite the low rating of this dungeon speaking from experience its surprisingly dangerous.

Even more oddly according the voice Vik the dungeon somehow underwent a change bypassing the cave layer. Instead its a fungi ridden insect warrens. Vik claims this is mostly thanks to Nova who carefully collected bugs and fungi along with sacrifices. Thanks to her he was able to upgrade the dungeon from a shitty cave to something much nastier.

So you crept around in a forest of mushrooms trying to not gag on the spore ridden air and dodged past chittering insect mounds. The spored air was so bad it was even leaking outside the cave mouth and infecting the nearby plantlife.

From what you understand the Cave was somehow to NOT only able to upgrade itself into insect warren but also deep cave mushroom paradise. The place is a special kind of foul that is rarely encountered outside the deep dark.

If this keeps up the sporing will convert this hilly valley into a sunken spored shithole. You gotta admit though the shroom stuff was brilliant and a pain in the ass to deal with. You lost a few people on the first layer alone and were weakened by the time the damned bugs showed up. They weren't even big or magical even.

What do?
>Explore dungeon
>Talk with voice
>Find girl
>Leave
>Other?
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>44239533
Dungeon Notes(your own)
Rank Official(F-) Actual Rank F+

Cave type: Single layer
Level 1 Insect Warren/Spore Caved

Originally a typical cave but somehow it was upgraded and even hybridized. This makes it a very dangerous dungeon despite its extremely low ranking it doesn't even have any fucking goblins, rats, or even bats for fucks sake. With some work it could rank up.

Threats:
Fungi
Insects

Doesn't look like much right? But the damned fungi is hard and the insects come in varied swarms. If underestimated it will kill you or cripple you. Those little bugs are amazing at bypassing defenses and when those spores kick in to weaken you...they aren't as easily to deal with as most debuffs like poisons for instance. Fuck you WISH this dungeon was poison one instead of spore at least then its easier to carry cures. This makes inexperienced parties suffer an awful lot and with those insect swarms even if their ordinary they can be quite lethal.

In all respects this so called dungeon SHOULD be pathetic...but its not. It could even be seen as scarier then even a dungeon of a higher level then itself due to its dirty tricks.

Even Vek admitted to admiring the girl for managing to come up with this stuff despite the dire lack of..well everything. She managed to create a easily undervalued but still very lethal deathtrap with nothing but some bugs and spores in a little cave. Not even magical ones at that...
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>44239533
>>44239705
...too much?
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>44239533
>Find girl/Other

Would it be alright for me to train with your bandit gang? I want to see if there is anything they can teach me or I to them.

---

I'm thinking we train up and keep getting better at the school to train the bandits. Upgrade their skills and learn from them as well to grow in power. From there help upgrade the dungeon and dates(?).

>>44239793
Na, already writing up the notes if people want them.
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>44239865
Fungi is FUN!

because cure disease and poison doesn't work on it too well...ain't that a bitch?

Guess its why Nova was so fond of them. Doesn't really explain the bugs though.

In terms of cure spells disease cure is a bit better with dealing with fungi afflictions truth is though they are a very frustrating to deal with and can have some very nasty effects.

As for her bandits...they are led by a big bandit known as Boo. Boo despite being a fucking hulk is disturbing sneakily. Like I am talking imagine big bad psychopath slasher villain he is like that. Just replace knife with ax. He is a big enough dude to have literally cut a man in half with it. Supposedly he has some demon and even giant blood in him.

Despite his appearances he is actually a surprising chill dude. He just sorta likes...killing people and is honest about it. Afterwards its not like they need their stuff still due to them being dead so he takes it.

Boo leads the nearby bandit encampment while the girl stays in her dungeon. She told him to move though to buy time for the dungeon to develop some more.

Drawing too much attention.

the bandits are basically built for asymmetrical warfare, guerrilla fighting, and ambushes. They suck as at traditional fairish fighting but if allowed to fight dirty they can shine.

If they are able to fight dirty they can a morale bonus but if they are in a 'fair' fight they suffer a morale penalty.
>>
>Dark Adventure: Tail of Dungeon Love - Notes
http://pastebin.com/992GiM4s

Hopefully not many are asleep. Notes are ready, if there is wants or changes needed let me know.
>>
>>44240008
... whoops wrong tale.
>>
Hey Genie, if you're still up let us know if you want to run tomorrow or something. That way people will bump.

Otherwise good night, it's been a fun day.
>>
>>44241244
You kidding I just got started...not sure where this is gonna go though.

an adventurer and a dungeon keeper...this will either go very well or very poorly. Can't say I know which way it will go though.

But yeah I'll be here tomorrow.

Guess the info dump was too much for people again...it always is i swear.
>>
>>44241271
I honestly have no idea what do.
I wish we were more closely tied to the last story, one of the kids or something... That's what I get for missing voting
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>44241346
Yeah I was expecting one of the kids to get voted in. Basically though your a newbie adventurer and your gf is a dungeon keeper...I feel like there is a joke somewhere in there.

Anyway theme music that I found that is so damned fitting for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB2QjYxjneI&ab_channel=MrEpicOSTs
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>44239865
Vote
>>
>>44241346
Don't worry Godzilla, we're going to play that arc right after this one.
>>
>>44241346
Adventure, get good and go see our lady friend.

Maybe go join bandits or help our lady friend in her Fungeon.
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44239865
Rollng
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>44239865
Let's meet the gang
>>
I just realized, the dark wizard son would be a great help in our quest to make this a reall powerful dungeon.

>>44241392
Hey Genie, any chance Morin Ishka could make an "early appearance" in the quest as an NPC? Even just as like, the occasional magical support.

A young kid that visits every now and then looking for other sources of dark magic in his quest to become a powerful wizard. We can help train him even before we actually play him!
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>44245627
WHen we get to his arc, we'll be friends with Vich and Demon Gun Girl's child.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>44239865
Rolling
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>44239865
She confirms its alright and after putting on her armor(you wouldn't believe how much a difference it makes). You she proceeded to take you over. There you met a small gang of bandits whom were preparing to move their base.

The bandits as it turned out were better fighters then you albeit with some of them its because they fought dirty, but regardless if it was a real fight you would of been dead.

What do?
>Train with bandit
>talk to someone
>Explore dungeon
>Leave
>Other?
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>44250818
> Other
Well they need to move more than waste time on us.

I say help them move and get to know them first. Then we can train once this task is done.
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>44245627
eh maybe.

If you keep with the adventuring you may end up running into him.
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>44250953
Rolling
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44250818
>talk to someone
>Train with bandit
Train with them and get to know them better.
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>44250953
Help them move, then train with them.
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>44250953
You proceed to help the bandits move their location before sparring with them. Luckily they didn't have much, problem was the distance they traveled to their new base. After that and establishing the encampment you asked to train with them.

The bandits as it turned out had an awful lot to teach. Unlike the restricted shadow skills that was offered for...security countering purposes. They taught you the more obscure, good, and proper ones. From the best way to brain a guy to the best places to slide a blade through a man. Killing guards silently. From the means of ambushing to the art of fighting dirty. The many pleasures of the 'cheap shot'.

As much as you hated sparring with them you began to have an appreciation for dirty way of fighting and realized that they could likely teach you the unrestricted thieving skills and more.

From your understanding the bandit gang has the following types of forces available to them.

Gangsters.
Psycho.
Mercs.
Robbers.
Brigand.

What do?
>Train with bandits
>Talk with someone
>Explore Dungeon
>Leave
>Other?
>>
>>44254089
We seem to be oriented towards melee, which of those forces are particularly suited in melee? Sword fighting in particular.
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>44254314
Gangsters prefer daggers, clubs, and crossbow.
The single psycho Boo uses either a heavy ax or mace and throwing axes.
Mercs mostly polearms and swords.
Robbers prefer maces and swords as well as throwing knives.
Brigands prefer axes and bows.

Honestly speaking the bandit quality isn't really all that great outside of Boo. Who despite being a hulking mass of muscle is eerily stealthy.

Training wise your still a student. Obviously you were given basic stealth training but the more advanced stuff for that is hard to get officially. After all the kingdoms aren't exactly willing to give their assassin skills away so easily...the bandits however don't have that problem.

Training wise you had a buckler, sword, and hard boiled leather over scale. Ranged weapon wise you had a shortbow and some arrows.
>>
>>44254426
What can we know about school? Like, can we "get better" and return and train some more there?

Are we gonna face any difficulties from going to and fro a dungeon and bandits (secretly of course)?
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>44254490
You given time off due to the whole getting mindfucked to kill your companions to deal with it.

You can.

The dungeon is surprisingly close if out of the way but the bandit base location varies to stay safe.
>>
>>44254574
Hmm, alright. I'm trying to help come up with some midterm/long term goals we can pursue.

Obviously become a better adventurer and a fighter! is one.
Then woo'ing our dungeon keeper and putting a ring on her finger (a nice fancy one we worked hard to get, maybe from a dungeon)
Raiding other dungeons for loot and treasure
Helping our GF's dungeon get bigger and more powerful
and helping the bandits get stronk.

We'll make a name for ourselves and our future wife, maybe even make a dungeon kingdom or territory one day
>>
>>44254574
How useful would it be to train in Vik's dungeon? Fighting fungi and insects. I mean, we already beat it twice (albeit with a full party the 2nd time)
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>44254794
Very useful...her dungeon is an extremely miserable one. For you see its designed to NOT kill but weaken and cripple! So by the end of it when you run into her or whatever other surprise she has waiting...

Truth is you managed the first time because you were sneaky. The second time a several teams actually went in and all but one of them made it to the end. that last team was actually made up of the surviving remnants of the other teams. You were the only survivor of your team simply because you had been there before and knew the dangers. Even then it was hard on you because while you knew what to expect you weren't able to use your previous stealth approach. You saw people sicken, turn zombie, and get swarmed by insects.

BUT you DO know the dungeon has treasures in it. Some of which is naturally produced(you had intended to bring stuff with you the next time to harvest it) and the rest left behind by those who succumbed to the dungeon. Also the bandits use the place as a dumping ground for bodies and other trash.

According to Vik Dungeon Keeper plans to collect some new stock to introduce to the dungeon's ecosystem and plans to start start beefing up the magic generation to cause some changes. Would of been done earlier but apparently she wanted a big fancy piece of armor and gear so it had to be delayed.

In other words its good for training and DOES have treasures in it. Don't feel bad for killing whatever you find. It will just get reabsorbed anyway unless you loot something from it and even then the rest of it will be taken back.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>44254089
>Other?
I want to get gifts for our girl.

Not just any gifts, something special.

We're going to get her some damn fine flowers plucked from the heart of another dungeon AS WELL as some fine additions to Vek's dungeon.

Use our adventuring skills to go around looking for any dungeons with a treasure of something pretty like rare flowes or precious gemstones, as well as anything that will help Vek's fungi/bug dungeon get stronger, maybe a magical artifact that will boost the fungal or insect growth or a rare species of something symbotic to fungi or bug!

Hell, a giant warm glowy thing for the bugs to heat their nest and produce more numbers will count as useful.

tl;dr be an adventurer and kick ass, get loot and treasure, and gift it to our woman
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>44254089
>Explore Dungeon
>Other?
Practice our dungeoneering in Vek's dungeon, both fighting and sneaking.

Get some field practice in addition to our academic training.
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>44254979
I vote this
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>44254979
He who dares
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>44254979
Heh, sure
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>44254979
Rolling
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>44254979
...you need to get a gift, but it can't be no ordinary gift. It has to be something special.

You are in a rather unknown stretch of lands. Trying to find another dungeon around may be tricky...but you already knew of some dungeons. Raiding them alone will be risky...except if its THAT one and you don't go to far down.

You heard rumors of there being other secret entrances. In fact it was those rumors that caused you to run into her dungeon in the first place. As the official entrance requires registered teams to go together. So after some looking around in a crack in the ground nestled between the roots of a large tree you unexpectedly found the entrance.

Discovered Secret Entrance to Lazy Lord's Lair.

Lazy Lord's Lair a odd dungeon that was discovered that peculiarly went from easy to harder the further down in layer you went. Each layer was odd in its ever expanding nature and varies environments. Its dangerous though because of wondering boss monsters and the unique Layer Big Boss who are far stronger then you would expect for the layer.

This area you entered...would appear to be a forest section of level 1. Due to it being so far out you got extremely lucky in finding a number of rare goodies right away. Including a veins of Plant essenced earth. The dungeon sadly was tricky and you were only able to do so much solo. Despite that you made out with an insane haul. Due to distance people rarely came through and apparently the rumors were true that hidden entrances took you to special areas that were often rich.

Despite it being the weakest layer you really made out.

Acquired
Rare Insects
Rare Fungi
Plant Seeds(including Ultra Rare)
Rare plant materials
Bouquet of Really Rare Dungeon Heart Blooming Flowers(Known to for many useful effects)
Magical Artifact Forest's Heart
Magical Item Forests Essence
Magical items Bug Incubator Balls
Magical Items Frequent Fungus Funs
Magical Bugs
Magical Fungi
Forsaken Forest Flamberge
Wicked Wood Wand
Nuke Nuts
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>44255671
Plant Gems
Gnarled Gloves and Greaves
White Whip

You were able to make out with good amount of treasure. Shit you even managed to find a rob the Forest's Heart without the guardian catching on(granted you had to run like hell afterwards but WORTH IT).

Soon you found yourself having escaped back out and now heavily laden with all kinds of unexpected treasures. Much of which you have no doubt will be very useful for the dungeon and getting into the good graces of your girlfriend. The rest of it meanwhile should serve you well with its value.

Your only regret was not being able to kill the monsters...especially the boss ones. They tend to carry some real cool stuff on them. Granted you did make out with quite a bit of everything else especially the exceptionally valuable stuff.

What do?
>Go to town
>Go to Friendly(?) dungeon
>Go to bandit camp
>Make camp
>Other?
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>44255052
If we want to sneak train with Boo. That way we can do it in heavy armor if we want.

Otherwise I'm down. We need to get good first if we want to solo.
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>44255846
>Go to Friendly(?) dungeon
Go to the dungeon and bring our love our gifts, especially the flowers. The other stuff we'll give to Vek to keep or use since we don't know much magic.
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44255898
Gifts!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>44255898
Yup.
>>
>>44256054
SON OF A BITCH!

I'm. .. sorry.
>>
>>44256078
DELIIIIIIIIM
>>
>>44256054
Fatepoint time?
>>
>>44256105
Depends.

Is genie going to do something painful like set our relationship back a ton in the reverse of what happened with Ezra?

Or something funny and/or exciting like. . .being attacked for carrying so much magical loot and having to fight to protect the gifts we mean for our love?
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>44256054
...fatepoint
>>
>>44256157
Why would I spoil the surprise?

>>44256105
Confirm?
>>
>>44256318
>Why would I spoil the surprise?
So we know whether or not to spoil your nat1 :^)
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>44256318
Fatepoint
>>
>>44256318
Seems. . .important not to. Yeah, fate point it
>>
>>44256318
Do it
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>44256054
Fate point burnt.

Ordinary failure.

----
Well...it would appear that you somehow managed to get yourself lost. All these hills, mountains, and trees all look the same to you.

What do?
>Continue on
>Go to town
>Find bandit camp
>Make camp
>Other?
>>
File: 222704_1199746467_large.jpg (198 KB, 820x1010) Image search: [Google]
222704_1199746467_large.jpg
198 KB, 820x1010
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>44256759
>>Find bandit camp
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>44256759
now I wonder what would have happened if we were critically lost

>>44256808
Vote
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>44256808
Rolling
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>44256808
This
"Bandits hide out in the forests and hills and mountains.

Therefore, I will find bandits easily."
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44256808
It didn't take you long before you ran into a familiar bandit encampment. They naturally welcomed you...but wow you were off course to end up here so quickly. You gotta work on that.

Fortunately you knew those guys.

What do?
>Talk with bandits
>Train
>Stay here tonight
>Get guide to dungeon
>Other?
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>44257108
>>Stay here tonight/Talk with bandits
I want to give a gift of some of our loot to Boo, but I don't know if that would be cool or not. Just to be respectful of the leader and what not.
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>44257108
>Talk with bandits
"Tell me guys. . .has there ever been such a thing as a druid that went bandit?

And if so, where would I be able to find one?"
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44257203
>Stay the night
>>44257238
Good idea, we really don't know much magic but have a lot of magical stuff.

Voting both of these
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.