[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You Glorious Bastard [Remembering Badass characters of old]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1411720325766.jpg (93 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1411720325766.jpg
93 KB, 750x600
Basic Gist of it, tell me about the most awesome/badass/inspiring character you either played or had the chance to witness in action. Be it WH40K, DND, Pathfinder, or any role playing board game (Even a custom one).
>>
Reminder that Ollanius Pius was retconned into being a perpetual as well, basically eliminating his entire reason to exist in the first place
>>
>>44189979
Most badass character I ever witnessed was a level 1 fighter, rather generic build, mail bastard sword and a shields,( over the course of the session that shield broke no less than 7 different weapons) , during climax with cult leader proceeds to rip the leader in two using his shield as a anvil on 1st turn
>>
>>44190243
This.

Modern Ollanius Pius a shit.
>>
>>44190243
It's like they lucked into making some cool shit a long time ago, and had no idea why it was cool so now it all gets ruined with changes.
>>
File: unrememberedempire.jpg (121 KB, 800x588) Image search: [Google]
unrememberedempire.jpg
121 KB, 800x588
>>44190243
Completely ruining the character forever, and inserting his stupid plot line into what are other wise some of the best BL books, permanently marring them with that retarded shit
>>
>>44190243
wait so what happened now?
>>
>>44193118
The dude can't die, he used to be a roman legionary.
>>
>>44193155
WTF? The whole reason for him beaing awesome was because he stood in front of horus (beaing human) and went "fuck your shit, im gonne BLAM you for heresy" and now he is imortal? WHY?!
>>
I had a character with a secret vendetta against one of the other characters in a fantasy 1920. It took place in a one-off and I had already talked it over with my DM, so Victoria Sanchez, cleaning lady, secretary, and assassin was born. Towards the end of the session the party ended up splitting, with me and my target hijacking a Spelljammer that was falling apart mid time-travel, and everyone else getting gunned down by the mafia. As he was working on the controls to try and salvage the ship so that we DIDN'T get gibbed across time and space, Victoria calmly walked up behind him, took his gun, pointed it at his head, had a bit of a monologue detailing WHY she wanted him dead... and found she couldn't fire it because it was bound to him. He proceeded to open up a can of whoopass and handily take Victoria down. I still feel a bit cheated, but it was all good fun and after escaping with her tail between her legs she's become a bit of a recurring villain with the party.
>>
File: Thorwaler.png (848 KB, 547x898) Image search: [Google]
Thorwaler.png
848 KB, 547x898
>>44189979
>be in irregular gaming group
>nobody prepared anything
>random anon is decided to GM
>I play mage from viking-esque half-barbarian culture
>loss basically the same as any other guy from culture: muscular, tattooed, with axe at his side
>characters get captured and have to fight in gladiator-style arena combat
>whatever
>everybody thinks my character is just random viking dude
>get sent into test-fight, barely survive without using magic
>showdown is big ass mass-combat in arena
>have to reach the top of a stone column in the middle of the arena to win
>arena is full of monsters and random human antagonists
>decide to blow all my arcane points, overcast and use my life force for further casting
>create giant corridor of mist between me and stone column, complete with nightmare faces writhing in the mist
>create big whirling ball of air that blasts enemys out of my way
>send several people flying out of the mist
>get to the column, create magical rainbow bridge - bifröst style - to reach the top
>audience sees buff viking dude ascend a magical rainbow bridge out of the mist of horror and declare victory
>collapse at the top of the column, because I overcasted into negative hit-points

It was a fun experience and one of the most badass moments I had. It was also completely breaking with the fluff of that world and never mentioned again. Still had a lot of fun.
>>
>>44189979
Why do 40k newfags all bitch about something they never actually knew, not to mention that Pius himself was a retcon?
>>
>>44193200
>WHY?!

Because Black Library hates us all.
>>
I once had an alchemist whos mr.hyde was a wrestler persona and his preferred tactic was to down a firebelly extract then light himself on fire before grappling the enemy into flaming submission. Easiest intimidate checks of my life.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.