[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Awoken Overlord Quest VI: OP is a faggot edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
File: 414289582.jpg (66 KB, 1920x1078) Image search: [Google]
414289582.jpg
66 KB, 1920x1078
Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry that it took so long for a new thread, but life happened.
If your're new and want to know what this is all about, you can read through the archive and such at: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=awoken+overlord+quest
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Your name is Alice and you've been the Overlord for a few weeks now. Or you might be dreaming, you're not really certain yet. In this time, you started with a little group of goblins and a ruined castle. Now you're mostly at a slightly larger group of goblins and a bit less ruined castle. Still, there is much work to do if you want to return to the former glory of your precedessors.
Yesterday, you took your goblins to the forest and managed to capture a boar which you hope will be the start of a lifestock which will one day feed all of your subordinates without being dependent of occasional scavenging. Its morning now and your goblins assemble around you and wait for orders.
>What should we do, Alice?
Kislax asks.

Todays orders are...
>Search for food/something helpful with food production (specify)
>Search for building/crafting materials (same here)
>Scout the forest for anything special (possible recruits, special places, a feeling of adventure...)
>Find something/someone to fight for yourself/your army
>Start taming the boar (you? a goblin? two? all?)
>Other (write in)
>>
Today, we recommend a slight side of bump with the thread. Also, another glass of wait?
>>
>>44189651
>Start taming the boar (you? a goblin? two? all?)
You and three goblins. Start by beating it senseless until it learns to fear.
>>
Any other opinions? Usually I go by two (if many people are here, three) votes for one thing.
>>
>>44189960
Let's try this
>>
File: bestthread.png (23 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
bestthread.png
23 KB, 225x225
>>44189651
Had no idea Geocities-tier Paint art and consumer-brand edginess were back in style. thx 4 tha tip bb
>>
>>44189960
>>44190186
The fear approach? Okay, Pawlow proved this to be working, I guess.
Roll 1d20-2 for success. The first three linked rolls count.
>>
>>44190249
Well, it all started with not knowing what else to do and it kind of stuck to everything. Don't choke while laughing, that's way too much paperwork usually.
>>
Not even one roll by now? Wow, there always have been two or three players at best, but today marks an all-time low.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44190260
Also can we change it from fear to kindness?
>>
>>44191558
Never mind.
>>
>>44191558
Sure we could. The players decide, after all.
Also, try to roll up something like a 20 to save yourself from horrible consequences, like falling off a cliff. Not that there is one, but with three 1s in a roll of three, one might appear.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>44191637
Pls dice gods I want a boar friend.
>>
Rolled 19 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

Adding a roll myself. Also, a single player may roll more than once if it takes lots of time otherwise.
>>
>>44191713
Oh thank Christ.
>>
>>44191558
>>44191709
>>44191713
Alright guy(s). I'm writing. Hope for the best. But still, expect nothing.
>>
You try a somewhat kind approach to taming the boar. If you hurt or frighten it, it might try to flee or fight, after all.
You try it with nice words, bribery with some roots and fruits, more nice words, more bribes...
Still, it doesn't seem to work well. the goblins have trouble approaching the boar most of the times, since it resorts to biting. This leaves the job mostly to you, the only one with decent armor. But this one is a free spirit or just wasn't in the mood right now. Still, it now looks at you like it was waiting for something. Most likely roots.
>We could go home and try training it there. Maybe the change of environment makes it a little more obedient.
Kislax says. But Japhex only shakes his head.
>I've been a boar rider in my youth. It must be tamed right here. Otherwise, it will get panic attacks from being separated from its environment.

Two good points. Which one would you want to consider?
>Go home. We've made camp here for a night already. Getting home would be nice. And maybe help with training.
>Stay here. We've made camp here often before and it won't hurt another night. Also, we can continue taming the boar in its natural environment.
>Stay here, but worry about the boar later. There are lots of other things we might do. (specify one from the list in the first post)
>Other (write in)
>>
Would you like fries with that bump?
>>
>>44191897
>Stay here. We've made camp here often before and it won't hurt another night. Also, we can continue taming the boar in its natural environment.
>>
>>44191897
>>
>>44192614
>>44192679
Alright, taming the boar. Will you keep the method or choose another one?
>Also, roll 1d20 for success. First three, you know the deal.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44192720
Same method, it seems to be working.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

And a roll from me, so we can keep going soon.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>44192855
You are allowed to roll more than once, you know?
>>
You get some roots and berries again, this time switching from raspberries to blackberries. This seems to be a much better bribe, as the boar is interested enough to stop biting you or the goblins and even starts following you around. So far, so good. It will need some time until it won't need a leash anymore and maybe even more time to make it a riding animal, but for starting a livestock, this might be sufficient if you can provide an enclosure.
The night passes without anything special happening and the morning comes.

What are your plans for today?
>Scout the forest for anything special (possible recruits, special places, a feeling of adventure...)
>Continue taming the boar (you? a goblin? two? all?)
>Go home. We got what we wanted.
>Other (write in)
>>
Another boar, gotta start somewhere
>>
Looks like scouting for another boar.
>You want to look for a sow so you can start breeding?
Roll 1d20-1 for success. Three, as always.
>Doesn't matter. Simply more than one would be great.
Roll 1d20 for success. Same number.
>>
Rolled 16 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44193575
>You want to look for a sow so you can start breeding?
>>
>>44193883
Fuck, I meant to say -1
make that 14
>>
Rolled 18 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

And a roll from me. Because I can.
>>
Rolled 10 - 1 (1d20 - 1)

>>44193906
>>
>>44193906
>>44193978
For some reason, it only seems to add, even if I order a subtraction. So this is a 17, too.
>>
>>44193999
Its "dice+1d20+-1"
>>
You take your squad with you and wander through the woods. A sow would be great now, because you could actually start breeding with one.
After half an hour, your goblins find a big, fallen tree. It is hollow and a sow is lying in it, seemingly taking a nap.

How do you want to approach this situation?
>It's asleep, sneak towards it and bind its legs.
>Capture it by force. Worked before, too. Why not now?
>Try to lure it with food. Maybe it will get used to following you for food.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44194094
>Try to lure it with food. Maybe it will get used to following you for food.
>>
No other opinions...? Okay, luring with food it is.
>Roll 1d20 for success. First three.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

First roll is coming from me.
>>
Rolled 20, 10 = 30 (2d20)

>>44194314
>>
You grab your usual bribe again. Maybe this will work.
It does. The sow walks up to you cautiously, but seems content with the roots you present to it. You walk a few steps in each direction and it follows. Perfect. After it got a few roots, the sow walks back to the hollow tree and you can hear it grunting, as if it wanted to deliver a message, poking something with its snout. Proudly, it comes back to you, followed by four striped piglets. They don't seem like they are used to normal food for a long time, since they have some trouble chewing on the roots.
Still, they follow their mother, who in turn follows you. If everyone was this easy to bribe, world would be yours in days only.
You return to the camp, now quite a bit of lifestock with you.

>What is the plan, Alice?
Kislax asks.

>Simple, Kislax. We will...

>Continue taming the boars (you? a goblin? two? all? For which cause?)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44195111
>Scout the forest for anything specia
anything, reallyl
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>44195505
Alright, then roll 1d20. Three rolls and such.
>>
Rolled 3, 1 = 4 (2d20)

>>44195561
>>
>>44195561
that's a d6
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>44195784
And for another thing than the success. This one is for success. Or at least saving what can be saved.
>>
>See what you can find in these forests, we need to know everything for the future. You never know when you might use it.
you tell your goblins and they swarm through the forest, looking for anything worth mentioning.
An hour passes, when suddenly Slizex and Izzylyx run onto the clearing with your camp, looking badly bruised, and hide behind you, shivering.
>There... big man... said... we... evil... followed us...
Just as they say so, a big man in a white and gold armor enters the clearing. His tabard shows six red stars on white base.
He is not only big, but also looks strong and menacing. In his hands, he wields a greatsword which is nearly your size.
>A paladin. This could mean trouble. Lots of it.
Kislax whispers to you.
>I am Leonan Arroway, Paladin of the six. And I was hunting these creatures of darkness. Now please step aside so I can finish my business.
This does mean trouble. You need a smart solution for this as fast as you can.
(Multiple of the following are possible)
>Try to talk it out. Maybe he is of the understanding kind.
>Introduce yourself and make clear that these are your goblins. And also not doing anything bad.
>Quickly draw your weapon and assault him. Maybe you can surprise him.
>Demand a duel.
>Impress him (how?)
>Trick him (how?)
>Step aside. Two goblins mean nothing if you can avoid this guy's wrath.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44196096
>Introduce yourself and make clear that these are your goblins. And also not doing anything bad.
>>
>>44196195
This.
>>
>Greetings, Sir Arroway. My name is Alice, Overlord Alice to be precise. These goblins belong to my court and never have they done anything harmful to a single person in existance.
you proclaim. The paladin doesn't seem very moved.
>They are goblins. Creatures of darkness, of evil. Just like the Overlord himself. If I see this correctly from you, you are still young, weak and lacking experience. I could execute you on the spot. Tell me a single reason why I shouldn't.
This took a turn for the worse quickly.
>Overlord Armin may have been a cruel ruler, but not every Overlord in existance is bad. Overlord Yaren was a good man, for example. Also, the Overlord is a part of existance itself. The Overlord will return. And who knows if the next one is an evil one?
This guy is either not interested at all or a master of keeping his emotions to himself. His face doesn't move a bit.
>What if the next one is a good one? Unlike you, associating with creatures of evil? Why should they even follow you, if you were as good as you claim?
This situation is tricky. How do you want to get out of it?

>Try the theological approach. You don't know much about this world, but maybe it is sufficient.
>Get philosophic. Maybe you can find an explanation which he accepts.
>Talk about the things grandfather told you. He may not have told you lots, but still quite a few interesting facts which might come in handy.
>Find some loophole or anything to weasel out of this situation.
>Assault him. Maybe he's focussed on our words.
>Demand a duel. This guy is a giant and has the better armaments, but maybe you can gain an advantage of some sort.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44196463
>just as every creature, they are neutral. they only become bad if their acts are.
>>
>Tell me, Sir Arroway... Every Overlord by now was a human, right?
He nods.
>And there were good ones and bad ones.
Another nod.
>How can a race be born good or evil, if there are two sorts of people in a single race? Borne, father of the pantheon and creator of life created every creature inhabiting the world. How could a god like him even create something like an evil race?
The paladin seems surprised. Maybe he never thought of this?
>I think every individual is born with the power of choice. A human can be good and evil, a goblin, orc or beastman alike. I associate with these goblins, because they stood with me when nobody else did. Each of them follows my orders and I swear by my honor that I think of nothing else, but restoring glory to the name of the Overlord. Please don't condemn a race because of their culture. It is true that some races tend to seek for kindness, while others seek for strength, but both could follow the same leader, if he had both attributes. Every race, every individual chooses for itself. Please, don't do anything bad to these two. They did nothing wrong.
The paladin seems actually impressed now. With a mighty rattle, he sheaths the enormous sword.
>Fine. You are free to go. Or to stay. However you like it. But don't make me regret my kindness. You will curse this day otherwise. Also...
He mumbles a few words and a faint light embraces the bruised goblins. This must have been a healing spell of some sort as their injuries disappear. After the light faded, he turns around and leaves without a single word. Disaster avoided. For now.

The sun is standing in its zenith now. You might return to the castle or camp here for another night.
>Let's go home. This was enough excitement for a day.
>Let's stay here. There are still things to do. (What?)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44197353
Go home for now
>>
This was a bit too much for the moment. Once everyone is back at the camp, without much of a new information, you pack up and go home.
You arrive at the castle at dusk, since the piglets were not very fast with walking, but also not very fond of being carried. After the second goblin had to clean himself due to a nervous piglet, you simply let them walk at their pace.
>Alice, you're back. I made myself at home in the old library. You might want to check once you got some time.
Bernard greets you.
The goblins put up a little wall of earth to put the boars behind. If you're lucky, this will keep them away from the pumpkin field for now. You still will need something sturdier soon.

There still is some time until everyone goes to bed. How do you want to spend it?
>Talk to someone (who?/about what?)
>Check on Bernard, you still have to look at his books.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44197668
>Check on Bernard
>>
You decide to check on Bernard. These books he spoke about might be interesting, after all.
When you enter the library, you don't believe your eyes at first. There was no furniture at all in there. Now, there is a counter with a chair, Bernard behind it. Also, there is a big oaken armoire with a front of multicolored glass. Through the glass, you can see around thirty thick and old books.
>Hello Bernard, I came to check on you. And the books, too. You told me I might want to read some of them. Also... where does this all come from?
Bernard simply gets up from his chair and leads you to the armoire.
>I got it here with my carriage of choice. My cloud.
A cloud? This seems weird, even regarding your current circumstances.
>Not a regular one. It is made of domesticated darkness through one of Professor Nachtigaller's concepts. A bit difficult to explain to someone with less than three brains and without previous knowledge.
The thing with the multiple brains still is kind of weird. But he should know what he is doing.
>Well, there are some books that I would recommend for beginners. Which one would you like to start with?

>The book of tales and songs, the first collection of myths, legends and such in history.
>The Edda, a book about the gods and their doings.
>'Good, evil and indifferent', a chronicle about the Overlords and their rule, basically a history book.
>'Tactics and Techniques', a book about everything related to war.
>'Ars magica et physica', a book about nature's laws and magic
>>
>>44198375
> The Edda
Theology saved our ass once, might save it in the future.
>>
>I'll start with the Edda, Bernard.
Bernard nods.
>Sure. You can use my chair over there or your own in the throne room. Just stay somewhere the book is safe. It's old. And therefore precious.
You agree that you better should keep it safe and sit down behind the counter.
>In the beginning, there were the Eiren. They created the world and what lived in it. To make life as easy as possible to them, they gave them food and riches plentiful. The people were soft and weak, as they knew no struggle.
Interesting. Especially, since this might actually become helpful.
>But there was one man, Borne. He wanted the people to prove themselves, so he broke a piece of land out of the old continent and slammed it into the vast oceans upside down. This is the reason why today the land is not as plentiful as it used to be.
But the land was barren of life, so Borne's wife Alfa gathered plants and animals to give life to the new continent. Then, Borne, Alfa, Eavo, who was Borne's second-in-command and later became the god of war, as well as two minor gods of the Eiren, Dhyri, the godess of rain, storms and water, and Rjosta, the god of nature, created the people of the new continent. They were stronger and more durable than the old races, since they lived to prove themselves. But there was constant war in their proving, so the gods installed the first overlord to keep peace on their own little world in their stead as they ascended to their new heaven.
This is really interesting. But really complex as well. You decide to continue the reading tomorrow, as you are pretty tired already.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
And at this point, I would like to end for today. It's 3am over here and I got to hold a presentation tomorrow/today. I will be back tomorrow evening, in around 16 hours. I hope to see you there.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.