[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Casual/kitchen table general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 18
File: fist of suns.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
fist of suns.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
Y'all know what time it is. Post your goofy brews that are only viable in casual, fun stories, pet cards (pic related), etc.

What's the craziest win you've ever managed to pull at the kitchen table?
>>
File: instant army.jpg (50 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
instant army.jpg
50 KB, 223x311
>>44188290
Right now the most fun I'm having is with my Gruul Fresh Meat deck. It's janky as fuck and the only thing that actually cost any money was the Parallel Lives.

>Cast Parallel Lives and dump Eldrazi Spawn on table
>Sacrifice all spawn, cast Fresh Meat
>Slap shit with 9 billion 3/3 beast tokens

Double the fun with Impact Tremors out.
>>
>>44188290
>What's the craziest win you've ever managed to pull at the kitchen table?
Uhh

Probably managing to get all 4 Mardu Ascendancies on the table and shitting out 3/3 first striker Goblins (Obelisk of Urd + Bloodmark Mentor)
>>
>>44188290
I took apart stiflenought because it sucks now and built a kitchen table deck

the basic game plan is use torpor orb or sundial of the infinite to play phyrexian dreadnought or eater of days and beat face. rest of deck is counterspells and digging.
>>
How do I convince my friends that 1v1 or 2HG is the better way to play 60-card? If I wanted multiplayer I'd play EDH (which we do)
>>
>>44188607
sometimes you just can't. sometimes it's because they're fucking baddies who always lose 1v1 and insist on multiplayer so they have a better chance of winning through politics: case and point a guy I used to play with had a rat tribal deck built around marrow gnawer, I would wreck him 1v1 but in multiplayer he had enough time to sit back and make a rat army because he'd get his room mate to cover his ass for a few turns.
>>
>have dragon tempest out
>use mob rule steal a majority of the creatures
>use descent of the dragons wiping everything i just gained control of and couple of things i couldnt steal
>a million different etb triggers pinging 20 dmg 20 times
>swing with 20 hasty 4/4 flyers
>one opponent left with a deck that was stalling and everyone was picking on him except me
>concede after killing everyone else
>>
>>44188290
craziest win:
>4 man multiplayer
>I'm playing R/W impact tremors brew
>lots of goblins, krenko, soul sisters, and some removal/utility spells
>losing badly because damaging each opponent at the same time gets you targeted down
>monogreen player taps out and casts genesis wave for 11
>I reverberate it
>flip another impact tremors, have 2 now
>siege gang commander
>two soul sisters
>krenko
>goblin chieftain
>rest of it was lands and non-permanents
>chieftain gives krenko haste, tap him
>table is kill
>table is salt
>especially monogreen player
>>
Oh man

>2HG game
>partner running monogreen stompy, me running polymorph/burn control
>other team running 2 zoo-type decks
>only have Keranos on the field (3 creatures total in the deck, 2x Keranos and a Pearl Lake Ancient)
>Partner getting pissed because I'm not playing a "turn creatures sideways" deck and he's taking all the heat
>reveal/draw land, topdeck into Polymorphist's Jest
>Opponents swing with everything next turn
>drop the Jest, then Seismic Shudder
>all their shit is ded
>Flash in Pearl Lake EOT
>start going berserk with cheap spells to trigger Prowess

It wasn't CRAZY crazy in the grand scheme of Magic wins, but it was one of the first games I played with a deck I built myself and fuck did it feel good
>>
>>44188753
>Pearl Lake Ancient
Adore that card. Pulled a foil one on my birthday
>>
>>44188290
Probably getting a T1 Ula's Temple and just shitting out sea monsters. It was annihilation. The table got so fucking mad that I was dumping out colossal unblockable creatures so fast, next time we played one guy who's been playing since forever made a deck specifically designed to target it. I was both honored and a little butthurt about that. We don't play those decks anymore.
>>
>>44188793
I wish it saw more play, it's rad
>>
Opening hand in seat of sydnod, eater of days, 2xstiffle, scorched ruins, pyrexian dreadnout, ischron scepter
>>
I made this deck a while back but have yet to build it. Thoughts? I really only did it because Phylactery Lich looks rad and I like tribal

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/307298
>>
Yet to get same hand
>>
>play very casual variant of dragonstorm
>instead of 4x bogardan hellkite I try to make it interesting
>dragonlord atarka, dragonlord kolaghan, dragonlord dromoka, atarka world render
>of course when a combo deck goes off people are supposed to die
>group hates it and tells me combo is cheap even though the deck was like 50% fizzle or work great because it lacked cards it needed for consistency
>>
If u are truly trying for horde I would recommend paradox haze, into endless ranks of the daed
>>
As for friends who cant handle a good combo win no matter the situation, its a game u win u lose its part if becoming a more well rounded player. I have been playing since 95 and I love getting my ass handed to me over a new combo. Or even seeing newer player's get excited about their first win. Dont let the "peeps" in your magic communities put u down not when every player has the potential for amazing new deck ideas.
>>
>>44189025
>paradox haze
What the fuck that card's dope

brb enchanting myself for Indulgent Tormentor abuse
>>
File: gary.png (158 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
gary.png
158 KB, 223x311
>>44188969
darksteel relic seems like a waste. even if it's free it's basically a dead card in your hand, when you draw one it's like you skipped your draw. darksteel citadel and darksteel ingot are very good targets for phylactery lich, and they actually do something.

other than that, I don't like lich lord of unx that much. I think gary is a better addition.

also: zombie apocalypse. vomit your graveyard back onto the battlefield.
>>
>>44189186
I only had Relic in there as a free indestructible phylactery, but Ingot or Citadel are probably the better choices. Also I dig Zombie Apocalypse, especially since my friends have been running a lot of Human-heavy decks recently, thanks hombre
>>
>>44188753
Post decklist m8
>>
Craziest win was probably with my 60 card battle of wits deck. I'm playing with some of my online friends on cockatrice, doing my ramp, ho hum, cast battle of wits and everyone is like wut. They keep ignoring me until I drop Spawnsire of Ulamog, get the turn back and cast 200 copies of Emrakul to win with Battle. They got super pissed.

Other fun wins with them involve me playing my Spiteful Visions deck and forcing them to take 10 damage per turn. It's hilarious because they kill my stuff and beat me down, but ignore me when I don't have a Visions or equivalent damage dealer out, so eventually I draw up to like 15 cards in hand with a ton of mana and just drop 2 Visions and 2 Kederekt Parasites in one turn, with a few Howling Mines and Fonts of Mythos in play already and they just die one after another. Super fun deck to play.
>>
>>44189402
>my 60 card battle of wits deck
>cast 200 copies of Emrakul to win
How the fuck
>>
>>44189428
he said spawnsire of ulamog
>>
>>44189428
Cockatrice bro. I don't play the deck often because it's pretty mediocre and gets boring fast, but everyone I know has to play against it once.
>>
>>44189428
Spawnsire of Ulamog lets you cast any number of Eldrazi cards you own from outside the game.
Legend rule then means only one Emrakul survives, the rest go to graveyard.
199 shuffle graveyard into library triggers.
200 cards in library (most of which are Emrakul) = Battle of Wits win.
>>
>>44189438
>spawnsire of ulamog
Oh jeez

But wouldn't they not be in his library? Or is that moot once they're on the field
>>
>>44189428
Spawnsire of Ulamog
>Cast any number of Eldrazi cards from outside the game without paying mana costs

In a tournament, this means "From your sideboard only"

Outside tournament rules, you cast cards from outside the game. You have 200 emrakuls because it's cockatrice? Yeah, go ahead.
>>
>>44189469
Oh OK, that makes more sense. I forgot about the shuffle clause. That's actually fucking hilarious
>>
>>44189473
they all legend rule.

200 extra turns though.
>>
>>44189402
"He who casts a single Emrakul is powerful, he who casts 200 of them is Insane."

You also only need 2 Emrakuls, and 198 Blades of Velis Vel. Blades is a Tribal Instant - Shapeshifter, so counts as an Eldrazi for Spawnsire.
>>
>>44189515
Holy shit that's even better. Brb, editing the deck.
>>
>>44189530
>>44189515
if you're thinking of casting blades of velis vel on emrakul to swing with a giant hasty that doesn't work, emrakul has protection from colored spells
>>
>>44189607
But I can cast them on the spawnsire
>>
>>44189607
They're just an instant, so they go to the graveyard, so the second Emrakul shuffles them into the library.
>>
>>44189623
o yes well i suppose that works too.
>>
>>44188290
>Play 6 player game, getting milled hard
>play monobpack devotion, (Gary)
> play twilight call, bring back 3 merchants, 3 grealrs messengers, 2 vampire nighthawks, lord of the void, archived of depravity and abhorrent overload,
>6 bazillion dammage,
>win
>>
am i the only one who doesn't equate kitchen table to 4x streamlined decks which were just not quite good enough to compete in standard?
>>
>>44190329
i think of kitchen table as decks made mostly of booster pulls or modified preconstructed decks. they can have 4x sets of certains cards but usually are just 1-3x of stuff.
>>
Casual, fun stories. Ops words
>>
U play kitchen table at my house ur likely to see decks going back to apocalypse chime
>>
>>44190513
Wow cool what a story

>>44190329
I've always thought of it as stuff you just want to try that you know might not be the most competitive, but you know will be fun to play.
>>
>>44190329
The general rules I use for "janky" kid-friendly decks are:
4x each common
3x uncommon
2x rare
1x mythic

Where an exception can be made for a particular card if it's the center of the deck and has a theme. No Spike, efficiency is not a theme.

The other way of playing on an even playing field is to just allow Proxies of anything. Then money doesn't matter.
>>
>>44190329
Where I come from it just means 'no B&R list'

Seeing Channel vs Tinker vs Hermit Druid Dredge never gets old
>>
>>44190590
I get the proxy deck. I'm a single dad with 4 teenage girls I get shit all the time for being a geek. Problem is I don't have enough spare time to play
>>
File: Untitled.png (43 KB, 923x295) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
43 KB, 923x295
>>44190590
I usually design for efficiency, even in casual decks, but not to kill before a certain turn typically. Here's my latest deck if anyone would critique it.
>>
>>44190676
guy I play with sometimes uses a play set of sol ring and tinker in his deck.

but he doesn't do anything fucking meaningful with them, his deck is focused on getting orim's chant on an isochron scepter and locking you out of the game until he can tutor an infinite turns combo and mill you out with jace's erasure.
>>
File: pr.png (121 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
pr.png
121 KB, 223x311
Yo, why is "Prairie Stream" and the like all valued at such a high price on most sites, compared to the old version?

that being said, will the value of them drop eventually or just carry on rising?
>>
>>44191189
prairie stream is a relatively new card, just printed in BFZ. what old version are you talking about?

Unless you mean the normal version vs. the zendikar expedition, in which case all of the expedition lands are crazy expensive because they're very rare.
>>
Our kitchen table is on legacy power levels. When people say casual I euate that to no ban-list, anything goes jank fest. Too bad the dude who owns the kitchen table still plays with mana burn.
>>
>>44190825
Sounds like he tinkers for something useful to me. Just play an artifact hate deck. Be the meta change
>>
>>44191490
he usually tinkers for either a scepter or platinum emperion.
>>
>>44191456
>the dude who owns the kitchen table still plays with mana burn
Fuck that guy don't play with him

At some point you gotta get with the times
>>
>>44188607
>regular play group is three people
>one player strongly dislikes EDH, and another can't into building 100-card singleton anyway
And that's why most of my games are multiplayer 60 card
>>
>>44188510
Eldrazi Spawn aren't put in the graveyard because they are tokens.

Are you sure you can use fresh meat like that? I don't think you can.
>>
Does atarkas command and kolaghans command trigger prowess twice? Please give me an answer, im in the middel of a game and cant find the rulings anywhere!
>>
>>44192360
2 spells so 2 total triggers, yes
>>
>>44188812
Yup, it's a funny thing in kinda closed playgroups, when top three decks are not played, cause it's no fun. I'm a little salty about it desu
>>
>>44188703
You're a good kid anon
>>
>>44192392
are you sure? My friend insists that they bare modules and does not count as two spells.
>>
>>44192348
"Dies" means precisely "is put into a graveyard from the battlefield" (rule 700.6). If you have a black creature token that gets destroyed, it will go to the graveyard, trigger Teysa's ability, then disappear, and finally the ability will be put on the stack." Example from Teysa's card.
>>
>>44189164
As an izzet mage, I like paradox haze + braid of fire. So many stupid fun things to do.
>>
>>44192421
If you cast 2 spells, you get 2 triggers. 1 from each spell. The MODES of the spells do not create Prowess triggers, only the spells themselves.
>>
>>44192348
afaik tokens cease to exist when hitting the yard, not when leaving battlefield, so they actually enter it
>>
>>44192437
What, with just insane amounts of instants? Interesting
>>
>>44192555
You can also use instant-speed mana dumps like Gemstone Array to store it
>>
File: 1334186237514.png (227 KB, 645x360) Image search: [Google]
1334186237514.png
227 KB, 645x360
I want to get into mtg
My issue right now is how does one make a deck
Do you guys know any detailed guides for that?
>>
>>44192424
Thanks for the explination. That's a neat combo.
>>
>>44192670
I'd recommend playing some mtg before building a deck to see what you like. There are many mtg computer games that you can play, some of which are free (like the new Duels of the Planeswalkers or Shandalar). Then, pick your 9 favorite spells and run 4 of each with 24 lands. Then fine tune as you learn more about how your deck plays.
>>
>>44192360
Each of those spells triggers Prowess ONCE.

What these fags >>44192392 >>44192472 are saying is that if you cast BOTH Atarka's Command and Kolaghan's Command in one turn, you get two triggers. Which is correct, but not what you were asking.

It doesn't matter what is written on the card, each physical piece of cardboard triggers Prowess once. Even Split-cards with Fuse only trigger once.
>>
File: 1444631663843.png (401 KB, 825x601) Image search: [Google]
1444631663843.png
401 KB, 825x601
With clever shuffling and inattentive friends I have cheated this into my opening hand.
>>
>>44193050
You're a bastard but that's hilarious
>>
>>44192437
Gets it
>>
>>44189258
I will when I get home. I don't remember all of it and tappedout is blocked at work
>>
How do you deal with people who get super salty? I have a mono-red Impact Tremors/token deck that is capable of absolutely steamrolling with the right opening hand, and and whenever it goes off everyone gets pissed
>>
>>44193652
Tell them to sack up or slap them in the mouth
>>
>>44193652
tell them to git gud and pack some enchantment removal it's not that fucking hard
>>
>>44193652
"Nut up or shut up" is a phrase I enjoy using against salt.
>>
>>44191415
Yeah, I meant the expedition one.
The reason I ask is because I got one and don't know if it's worth selling right away, or waiting on it for prices to increase.
>>
>>44192670
I got it into it after a friend loaned me a deck that was premade just to see if i'd like how the game was.
>>
my "kitchen table" environment is really low powered - one dude plays the last deck he made back when he played regularly (BG madness), one plays whacky decks like intruder alarm kiki-jiki, or poor man's high tide. There's a guy who plays either elves (almost pauper, not counting the overrun), or mono R burn with shock instead of bolts.

And then there's that one guy who plays ensnaring bridge running 4x Balance (not balancing act, not restore balance, just balance).

Me - I just use pauper decks - currently boros kitty blues, mono U delver, and waiting on a few more cards to finish angler delver, mbc, and rg tron.
>>
>>44192670
find "Next Level Deckbuilding" by Pat Chapin. It explains in detail all the deck archetypes, and gives a rundown of all significant decks in mtg history (most of them, anyway) along with what made them significant.
>>
>>44188290
Every time i win with dwarf tribal.
>>
>>44190329

For me it just means unrestricted anything goes matches, there's nothing at stake so if a matchup is ever so unbalanced that it's unfun we can just change it up. Note that that doesn't always mean retiring the strong deck, sometimes it's good to put the jank aside for later which a lot of casual players don't seem to realize. I also consider it a good environment for bizarre alternate formats like cubelet, frontier or whatever someone thought up on the drive home from work today. So basically the essence of kitchen table is just "have fun."
>>
Ive just build some nasty Gb elves. Can't wait to test evo leap with all the cycling elves and piper. I didn't put priest of Titania and Craterhoof for 2good for my group concerns. I can doe if it proves to be too weak. It feels good to be a dirty casual.
>>
>>44197524
>elfball
>casual
Nah nigga
>>
>>44194831
What kind of deck mono green land ramp stompy
>>
>>44195245
Brownie points to a fellow tribes men
>>
File: Walls what walls.png (461 KB, 1366x578) Image search: [Google]
Walls what walls.png
461 KB, 1366x578
Threw this mess together in Magarena to see if it was even viable. Surprisingly, it's not total shit. Even managed to beat a Ravager deck a few times.

The gimmick is mostly about avoiding or limiting defenses and charging for the face, so despite it being a UB deck it plays almost like a really shitty goblin rush deck.

Main things stopping it from being truly decent is a lack of decent removal, cost efficiency, and my sick desire to shove Silumgar into everything. Also since all the direct damage is 2 or less, something that punishes you for attacking like Riddlekeeper or Collective Restraint pretty much ends the game instantly unless you pull Silumdog or manage to snatch something really good with ET, which will be a dead card for most of the game..
>>
>>44192437
Can you tell me more interesting Izzet things?
>>
File: 1342020054370.png (311 KB, 828x560) Image search: [Google]
1342020054370.png
311 KB, 828x560
>>44192893
>>44194831
Okay, I will try a prebiuld deck.
what free game do you rec to start practicing?

>>44195087
All I wanted, thank you
Any free resources?
>>
File: 126[1].jpg (56 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
126[1].jpg
56 KB, 312x445
>>44200515
Magarena is decent but the AI makes some stupid decisions from time to time.
>>
>>44188840
I'll start buying em out to start creating some hype.
>>
>>44201567
I don't even know where you'd slot it, it's a cool card but doesn't have a place anywhere
>>
>>44194830
Expeditions are crazy expensive for much the same reason anything is: artificially low supply, very high demand, people who want them can afford them.

So should you save them? Oath will change things slightly:
The supply of them will go down, as people open less BFZ boxes and start opening Oath boxes.
BUT there are new Expeditions in Oath, so the people who are buying BFZ ones will likely switch to spending money on Oath ones and demand will probably drop as well.
Of course, if you wait a few years till after they stop printing BFZ the price should stabilise. But by that time everyone who's willing to pay lots of dosh might have already gotten theirs.

Basically, the stock market is a crock of shit. Personally I'd trade now while the price is good, becuase you KNOW the price is good. Future could bring anything.
>>
>>44205130
Doesn't the price drop across the board for all cards whenever they leave standard? That's what I've heard, but I'm very new to magic, which explains my stupid question - what exactly are the expedition lands? I think I might have drawn one from a BfZ booster.
One windswept heath, oh and two full art islands. These worth anything? How do I go about selling them?
>>
>>44205196
None of the Expeditions are in Standard. They come in BFZ boxes, but they are only legal in whatever formats the originals are legal in.

In Oath they're reprinting Strip Mine for example, a card banned in everything except Vintage, where it's restricted. And legal in Commander, because reasons.
>>
File: windsweptheath.jpg (45 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
windsweptheath.jpg
45 KB, 265x370
>>44205196
The full-art islands are just pretty. No-one should be paying more than a few cent for them, and only for vanity reasons.

If your Windswept Heath looks like this, it's worth over $100.
>>
>>44205323
It was actually a Wind Scarred Crag. Damn, I had dollar signs spinning for a minute.
>>44205286
>They come in BFZ boxes, but they are only legal in whatever formats the originals are legal in.
I didn't know this, thanks.
>>
>>44205402
Wind-Scarred Crag is a common, from a completely different set. No idea how you got confused.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 200x283
Craziest win I've ever had was via Pic. It was a Commander game and I sat back piling while my other two players kept them preoccupied with ramp decks
>>
File: 1450134752190.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1450134752190.jpg
1 B, 486x500
>>44193050
Brilliant.
>>
>>44188290
Darksteel Colossus equipped with Worldslayer
>>
>>44205662
>I was eldrazi before it was cool
>>
File: 1443494580289.jpg (118 KB, 328x362) Image search: [Google]
1443494580289.jpg
118 KB, 328x362
>>44188290
I love fucking with people. I revere it as a lost art in Magic.

>playing EDH with my buddy
>running Animar (sue me)
>buddy's running Azban lifelink/bolster, pretty late game
>fucking have progenitor mimic copying Maelstrom Wanderer for the last half of the game
>my battlefield's block be bumpin', win cons all around
>inform my buddy of Animar's pacifistic nature cause he's seen some shit, refuse to attack all game
>buddy's been love tapping me, gets me down to three life

this is it
this is the end
the time has come and so have i

>buddy is voicing how he's certain that I'm going to swing out for lethal now
>be mindful that he's around 80 some life, with my puny 3
>cast Blustersquall for its overload cost on buddy
>complains that i'm so predictable
>proceed to cast Lightning Bolt on myself

stay mad Tyler
JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SOL RIIINGS
>>
Is ajani mentor of heroes a good card?
>>
>>44205469
>group lets that fucking thing sit on the table until you win
Your group is retarded
>>
>>44206524
He's alright
>>
>>44206524
He's pretty cool in casual. Draws cards, buffs guys, and has a silly ultimate.
>>
>>44205469
>>44208045
Only way you should win with that is a flashed in Serra Avatar/Mossbridge Troll/etc. I've been playing it in Mayael EDH forever and it's downright impossible to get triggers off of it for longer than 2 turns until the enchantment is kill or all your creatures are kill.
>>
>>44197898
Cycling (probably means cantrip) elves and elvish piper don't really say elfball to me. Would be a different story if he was talking about how he finally made a deck with 16 llanowar elves.
>>
>>44188290
>1v1v1
>playing my sultai whip (not standard, has shriekmaw and Putrefy and shit)
>turn 4 play sidisi, get 3 Zombie
>HMMMMM they raise eyebrrows, but continue their topan Freeblade brawl (only had a Satyr Wayfinder so I wasn't a threat
>attack with sidisi, make more zombies
>slap down whip oF erebos
>they start ganging me now, but too late cuz I have 6 zombies now
>whip out sidisi, attack, miraculously get 6 more zombies
>win cuz nobody bothered to put in drown in sorrow in their decks
I love this deck now
>>
>>44188290
Another one:

>Playing a jeskai control deck
>running 3 narset and a few mantis
>attack with narset, cast dig through time, Clone legion, and treasure cruise
>all for free
>>
>>44208565
You know you only get one zombie per mill, not per creature right?
>>
>>44188290
My craziest kitchen table suicide comes to mind first.
>emperor
>be emperor with a janky elf deck
>other emperor is dragon tribal
>some board building
>eventually one of their generals dies
>realize the other emperor is sitting there with multiple combat steps stapled onto his 60 power of dragons
>no way to stop fliers with elf tokens
>make 4000 elves without infinite comboing, drop Regal Force, draw 4000 cards

Craziest win is harder, there are a lot of fun ones.
>on the draw
>draw, discard demigod of revenge in cleanup
>draw, swamp, dark ritual, dark ritual, demigod of revenge, swing for 10
>swing for 10

>be archenemy
>all the allies play land->mana dork
>second land, smallpox
>turn later the allies scoop to mana problems

>island, hedron crab
>hedron crab, terramorphic expanse, mill 4 vengevines, memnite, attack for 16

>any 18-card combo off of 1-offs in the deck
>for example Pentavus, Time Sieve, Skeleton Shard, Arcbound Crusher, enough mana
>>
>>44208565
>>44208669
From the way his post reads, I don't think he does.
>>
File: 1449276041659.jpg (46 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1449276041659.jpg
46 KB, 375x523
Thought about building a crazy dumb deck.
Please help
http://www.mtgfanatic.com/decks/viewdeck.aspx?id=175548&page=1&pagesize=25
>>
>>44205747
>Progenitor mimic copying Maelstrom wanderer
This... doesn't do anything unless you've got like, warstorm surge or some shit. You don't get cascade and the tokens just instadie on ETB.
>>
Craziest win is any game with my Mono-walls deck. Worst (for me at least) was when my brother was playing the deck
>4 player multiplayer, I'm playing cruel control, uncle is on UR delver iirc, youngest brother is playing his Rat deck (with obligatory 6 copies of drainpipe vermin)
>I cruel out uncle, draw cards, pearl lake ancient it up, ho hum
>wall deck stalls on mana early, has to burn some guys with Wall of Mulch, we ignore him
>I kill rat deck, turn to finally take down wall deck
>while we were busy, he now has 3 wall of denial up and running, along with multiple other walls
>drops some mana walls, casts genesis wave for something like 30
>Vent sentinels me out

Other great plays with that deck include hardcasting Enter the Infinite (which happens with regularity) and winning with vent sentinels on the upkeep before I deck myself, attacking with 6/6 flyers, courtesy of Assault Formation, and Lavalanche for 50.
>>
>>44208856
Do you have a list for that Wall deck? That sounds fun as fuck
>>
Need advice/ suggestions for aurochs tribal! Currently it's a G/R deck.
>>
>>44208814
what's up with the glitterfangs?
>>
File: edgewalker.jpg (25 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
edgewalker.jpg
25 KB, 223x310
I'm about to go buy singles for EDH/60-card-casual BW cleric tribal.
I want to cram the lifegain angle (soul sisters), protect assets angle (mother of runes), and combo angle (Daru Spiritualist/Shaman en-Kor/Starlit Sanctum & Dark Supplicant/Scion/Rotlung). It seems a bit much to try to make a coherent 60 card deck, especially when I have interactive tech that basically needs to be in there. Anybody have suggestions?

>>44210838
4-of all 4 Aurochs cards, and put in Bloodrush pumps. A little ramp, Birds of Paradise maybe. Vigor looks like an Aurochs too, and has birds in the art to tie it all together. If your playgroup's idea of "tribal" is "no creature cards without the tribe", I'd say reconsider choosing Aurochs.
Green has creature-specific card advantage to consider as well and red has spot removal.
>>
>>44211008
Combos with Confusion in the Ranks. I need some low drop blockers
>>
>>44211061
Completely impossible to get the combo angle consistent in an EDH deck. I think it should be doable in 60-card, go 4-of for the important combo engines and less copies of cards that support the other themes.
>>
>>44211494
I thought black might have enough tutors to make it work in EDH. There's also the new BW cleric commander that was spoiled, which helps you overcome land destruction hitting Sanctum.
Anyway, thanks, I'm definitely making the 60-card first, and I think the combo angle is what I want to push.
>>
>>44192348
Tokens go into the graveyard when killed, but are removed after the turn is over, I believe.
>>
>>44211931
Incorrect.
Tokens entering any other zone than the battlefield are removed as soon as state based actions are resolved, which is pretty much immediately after everything that triggers has been put onto the stack and can't be responded to. Also tokens that get exiled can't come back even if you don't check SBAs in between.
>>
>>44212052
>>44211931
They DO enter the other zone though, for a very brief time, so they trigger everything that checks for that, like "dies"-triggers.
>>
>friends only want to do BFZ block constructed with Eldrazi
>get mad when I have like 4 non-Devoid cards in my deck, turbo salty when I win

I hate my group sometimes. They also don't buy Commander precons because they think they're too powerful. I have some trepidation about bringing my new Daretti deck to our next Commander night, for fear of painting a huge target on my head.
>>
>>44188290

Using Doubling Season, Parallel Evolution, and a variety of bear-token producing cards like Words of Wilding, Grizzly Fate, and Kamahl's Summons to make 80 bear tokens.

It was great.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.