[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1st/2ed D&D stats for Sette and Duane?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
Duane is a Lich who knows Kung Fu from oriental adventures as far as i can tell, Sette is a thief-acrobat from Unearthed Arcana with a few levels in Ninja.

Or alternately Sette is a Bard/Ninja who chose 'trash talking' as her specialized musical instrument.
>>
>>44185471

I thought Duane's soul had been shoved back into his rotting corpse? Not exactly Lich material...
>>
>>44185471
But sette's "music" has never helped the party. In fact it seems to buff enemies quite often. Also is there a way to represent her pseudo-immortality?
>>
>>44185576
That would make him a Lich without a phylactery, stuck in his own body. Exactly like his current situation. Besides the phylactery Sette wears on her neck.

>>44185586
I would like to point out that everyone who has pissed off Sette is either dead, part of her gang or assumed dead. Go ahead with opposing her, see how long that gets you. If you compete with Sette in trash talking you will die simple as that.
>>
>>44185739
The only way it would make sense would be curses. She's legit killed 1 person to date and thats it. Everybody else got silvered, shanked, or magicked in entirely unrelated ways. Also duane seems to be dealing with her shitmouth pretty well.
>>
>>44185800
Why would who they have killed affect their class or who they are in 1st/2nd D&D terms? Duane has killed at least hundreds as a state Wright and eaten a few folks, it is not a issue with him. Sette hasn't outright murdered anyone yet, oddly enough she might have a case for being Chaotic Good.

Well, besides the devastation she leaves behind.
>>
>>44186064
Didn't she stab that guy sometime ago? Anyway my point is she's no bard. She's a thief/acrobat. She is an odd bit of chaotic good with minor lawful evil.
>>
>>44186457
>She is an odd bit of chaotic good with minor lawful evil.

Why
Don't do this
>>
>>44186485
You know its true. Don't hate.
>>
>>44186943
Bullshit. Sette is how you make a Chaotic Evil character who can actually work with a party.
Also she's surely a 2nd ed. tiefling.
>>
>>44186987
Shes chaotic good by doing what needs doing for greater good and having fun doing it. She had the "honor among thieves" and "thieves honor" mentality as well to cover lawful evil. Just because she enjoys doing what she does for good doesn't inherently make it fully chaotic evil. This is the kind of shit alignment systems fuck up.
>>
>>44187015
If she was chaotic evil she would have skipped town the second shit went down rather than stay and help duane and the whores fix shit up. She'd also not be phased by duanes methods of keeping her safe in the crunch. She therefore has an inherently good core but does "evil" things occasionally because she enjoys them planting her firmly in chaotic good.
>>
>>44187015
Nah, she's a selfish little cunt who does it all to gain a criminal empire. She never had any illusions about "honor among thieves" she just (mistakenly) thought that her father loved her and wouldn't betray her.
>>
>>44187050
She was angry at family betrayal of her cousin. Even stating a code of ethics saying stealing from the family is bad. She legitimately thought it was wrong for him to try and make his own name and was hurt he thought it was okay to cut them out or cut himself off. Thats honor among thieves which precludes thiefes honor. Meaning lawful evil at best. Previous post above tells you why it goes straight to chaotic good.
>>
>>44187036
Letting a demon-powered alchemical horror fuck up a town where you have business interests is a retarded thing to do even if you are Evil.
>>
>>44187083
Hell shes even doing what she's doing for the greater good of the family.
>>
>>44187083
>code of ethics saying stealing from the family is bad. She legitimately thought it was wrong for him to try and make his own name and was hurt he thought it was okay to cut them out or cut himself off.
That's neutral at best.
>>
>>44187084
She didn't have business interests there though. Her cousin cut those off entirely hence her checkup on him. The town was a lost cause due to its economy and his monopoly even before the monster came. Shes helping the townsfolk and town purely out of good intentions of not letting people die.
>>
>>44187091
Which she hopes to inherit so she's really doing it for herself.
>>
>>44187101
Its lawful because it follows a strict code of ethics tending towards evil. Neutral would have been to just brush off the betrayal and report back to dad who has the actual heft to do something about it.
>>
>>44187111
She's doing it to please daddy ultimately. Inheritance is just the cherry ontop. Thats why the knowledge of her dad throwing her to the wolves truly hurt her.
>>
>>44187107
She was there to take her cousin's business interests back. Which were hers/the family's. Also I think she never believed her cousin when he said he was broke (whatever the truth was).
>>
>>44187122
No man, she was sent there to retrieve the money. If she just reported back it would have been a failure on her regard. Her father sent her to prove herself. At least that's what she believes anyway.

>>44187126
Which can still be perfectly in character for Chaotic Evil.
>>
ITT: why you shouldn't use alignments, ever.
>>
>>44187159
I'm not saying she doesn't have chaotic evil undertones, i even acknowledged them, but they're not her driving force in anyway. She makes sacrafices to protect others and does what she believes is right even if that goes against more lawful approaches to the same good goal. she does good things predominantly even when being chaotic evil and saving her own ass would serve her better. The whores even say they're quitting, ruining her business interest, yet she still stops her own escape to help them out. She even stops everything to save duane when running off would have served her better. Minor acts of evil don't override her inherent want to do good for people even if its her brand of good.
>>
I'd put her squarely in CN territory, or even TN.
She does whats best for her and hers, she certainly has some moments of compassion but she's also involved in some serious evil action by proxy and has no problem lying, stealing or killing to expand the interests of a crime lord or hell even manipulating someone who has been kind to her in the cruelest way.

She'll lean towards CG over time sure, but at the start she certainly wasn't.
>>
>>44185471
Sette is a Thief who is CN or low level NE. Duane is some weird variant race of undead, and you'd probably class him as one of these crazy fighter cleric mage multiclasses (fighter at a lower level than the other two). He gets a big bonus on casting times and against counterspelling.
>>
>>44187218
>I'm not saying she doesn't have chaotic evil undertones, i even acknowledged them, but they're not her driving force in anyway.
I'm saying the same things, but with the alignments reversed.

>does what she believes is right
Everyone does what he/she believes is right regardless of alignment.

>She even stops everything to save duane when running off would have served her better.
You act like evil characters can't form strong attachments or friendships.

I'd say alignment is more based on the motives of actions than the actions themselves.
Also Sette is in the middle of some very strong character development, so it's hard to judge where she is exactly. She has definitely been leaning more towards good lately than at the beginning.
>>
>>44185739
Wouldn't that just be some kind of revenant?
>>
>stat me thread

I kind of wish you were a little more honest.

They way you made this thread makes it pretty obvious that you don't really care about stats and you just wanted an excuse to discuss this comic, but at least have the decency to be blatant with your transparent promotions, rather than weedling and maneuvering.

Regardless of what method you use, it's unsightly, but at least just a blatant "Stat me" allows us to pretend you just don't know any better. With this, we all know you know better, but you still went ahead and did it anyway.
>>
>>44186457
>>44186943
They make an alignment for wishy-washy people. It's called neutral

alignment is stupid and you're stupid.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.