[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scarlet Waltz Quest 01- Orchestra Viva
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Scarlet Waltz Quest.png (2 MB, 1024x790) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet Waltz Quest.png
2 MB, 1024x790
The night you decided to walk to the 24-hour convenience store through the city park would turn out to be the most important day of your life.

Join Takahashi, and help guide him, in Scarlet Waltz Quest 1, Orchestra Viva.

Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/2jM768VT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cold night air blows strongly in your face as you trudge through the falling snow. The lights of the small town illuminate the sidewalk your feet carefully step on. Though your town often receives snow, you are certain to be delicate in your steps, as you've fallen more than once before. You bemoan, under your breath, your lack of preparation for the night. You have failed to get your favorite snack and now have to head down to the local convenience store. However, to your dismay, you see the doors closed with a small sign saying "Closed for Two Weeks, Sorry!". Grumbling you look around and remember another store not too far away.

The fastest way, you remember, is through the local park, and you head down into the massive park. As you would expect, no one is out in the park at 1 AM, except for you. Your mind races over the work you're leaving behind at home, thoughts of capacitors and generators fill your head as you plan your next big work. The thought of school in two days is a distant though to you, as it usually is, thanks to your seemingly natural brilliance.

[cont]
>>
>>44178039
Your thoughts, however, are interrupted as you slowly pick through the snowy park by the sound of an odd bubbling sound, as if someone were boiling water near by. You stop and look around, finally spotting the source of the noise. A small jagged white line has appeared in thin air, not fifty feet away from you. You can't help but investigate it. But, the moment you draw closer, you see something, a black twisting mass and a single white eye with a black pupil appear, the line widening to a tear.

You step back in fear, but can't force yourself to run. The eye blinks once and begins pressing through the tear, and manages to emerge as the tear closes behind it. The creature is an amorphous orb of black ink-like substance that looks up at you, almost curiously.

You breathe slowly and it seems to imitate your breathing for a moment before it starts to bubble and wells up, growing rapidly in volume as it nears your own size and finally takes a humanoid form. Its left arm, however, quickly shifts into a long and sharp appendage, and it starts to slowly advance.

>A) Run!
>B) Look around for something to defend yourself
>C) Call out for help
>>
>>44178077
>>A) Run!
>>
>>44178097

You don't stick around to see what that thing is planning to do with that arm. You try to force yourself to run, yelling internally as you feel your whole body lock up both with the cold and with fear.

Eventually you find it within yourself to turn and sprint away, as quickly as you can. However, you can hear whatever that thing is behind you running, and far faster. To your disappointment, however, you slip, the wet ground on the trail triumphing over your tennis shoes. You brace yourself with your arms to absorb the fall and feel something rush over your head, looking up only when its past. The creature apparently tried to lunge at you just as you fell. Luck, it seems, was on your side then. However, it appears to be running out as the creature runs toward you.

You get up on your knees and try to stand up, but you can see that you don't stand a chance. It's way too fast. You close your eyes and wince, waiting to absorb the blow and hope that it kills you quickly.

A flash of blue and white appears in front of you, however, and the sound of steel against steel fills the air. You look up and see a young woman in front of you, dressed in an elegant blue and white outfit, holding a sword in her right hand. At her feet lies a piece of the creature, which wriggles before turning into smoke and vanishing. The creature, apparently unharmed, twists its pointed arm into a hand holding a sword, like the girl in front of it.

"Don't worry," the girl's voice fills the air, a calm and gentle tone, "You're safe now." You nod and she lunges forward at the creature. Her strikes are amazingly fast, almost faster than you can see, and her opponent seems to have no issue moving just as quickly as she does. Neither is able to gain much ground over the other before the creature projects a portion of its chest out and smashes into the girl's chest, sending her spiraling back towards you. Her sword goes up into the air.

>A) Grab the girl.
>B) Grab the sword.
>C) Run
>>
>>44178287
>A) Grab the girl.
Just like in my chinese cartoons
>>
>>44178287
>A) Grab the girl.
I feel like I've missed a prologue thread or something.
>>
>>44178353
[I'd get used to that sort of thinking]

You brace yourself as best as you can and she impacts against your torso. "Thank you." She mutters and her sword drops and lands in a fallen log near by. "I'm afraid that I will need you to help me defeat it. Are you willing to help?"

You nod and she stands up away from you and then faces you, giving the order quickly, "Then extend your hand towards me." You do as instructed and when your fingers touch a bright light washes over you, causing you to close your eyes to shield them from the light.

When the light clears you cannot see her anymore, and in fact the world seems to have grown slightly taller. You move your hand and see how slight and small they are, in shock you look down and see that you are now in the body of the girl.

Her voice cuts through your mind, interrupting your thoughts, "Don't panic, please. I know this is unsettling for someone who has never done it before, but you need to relax. It will be difficult at first, but just trust me and we can do this together. Try something easy, go get the sword."

You take a step forward, stepping too far forward and struggle to keep your balance. The creature, it seems, is unimpressed with your actions and simply stands there with its sword, inspecting you. Eventually, with a few seconds of adjustment, you walk in a relatively easy fashion and grab the sword.

When you pull it from the log its blade explodes in a golden flash of light and the creature's eye widens as it rushes forward. However, now, as you watch it, you can track its movement easily. "Be brave, strike at it!"

[Combat Tutorial coming.]

>>44178445
[Decided to try an in media res sort of opening. Just gotta get the core concept down and we can get on the same path.]
>>
>blob monster was just trying to make an arm
>it was just trying to help us when we fell
>this girl comes out of nowhere and starts attacking it, it only defends itself
You're horrible people for siding with this obvious hooligan.
>>
>>44178529
>The creature, it seems, is unimpressed with your actions and simply stands there with its sword, inspecting you.
How chivalrous.

>you look down and see that you are now in the body of the girl
I've watched enough Mongolian Shadow Puppetry to know where this is going.
>>
>>44178590
>Mongolian Shadow Puppetry
The correct name is Korean Powerpoint Presentation you baka gaijin.
>>
>>44178611
>not knowing the Korean Powerpoint Presentations are merely shitty rip-offs of Australian Aboriginal Zoetropes
>>
This better not have been influenced in any way by princess waltz.
>>
>>44178529

[Combat Tutorial Basic-
Select a Gambit from the chosen options, these options are generated from your character's stats. The three color choices are Red, Blue, and Green.

Red beats Green which beats Blue which beats Red.

The strength of your attack is equal to 1d6+the value of your character's attacks. Subsequent uses of the same Gambit reduce the bonus value to 0 until another option is used.]

You nod and call out, "Alright, I'm going to give it everything I've got!" You cock your sword arm back, aiming for the creature's eye, and....

>A) [RED +3] Thrust your sword through its eye with all your strength.
>B) [BLUE +3] Blast it with a spear of light.
>C) [GREEN +4] Slice it with a quick flurry of sword strikes.

(COMBAT INSIGHT BONUS): [Due to your high Combat Insight, you see the creature's Attack. It is using a Blue +2 Attack.]
>>
Rolled 3 + 4 (1d6 + 4)

>>44178666
>>C) [GREEN +4] Slice it with a quick flurry of sword strikes.
QM confirmed as satan.
>>
>>44178666
Can't we all just talk about this? I'm it's just a big misunderstanding.
No?
Okay.
>>
>>44178666

>The strength of your attack is equal to 1d6+the value of your character's attacks.
So does this only become relevant when attacks of the same color are used?
>>
>>44178692
[As a Minion level creature, it receives an automatic 2 on 1d6.]
>>44178705
>>44178732
[The 1d6 is always rolled. My mistake, I wasn't clear about that.]

You swing the sword in a rapidly flash of slices, the blade of light biting deep into the eye of the creature which tries to recoil from the attack but fails as you carve through its entire form with relative ease. The thing lets out a shrill shriek before collapsing to the ground and vanishing in a burst of smoke.

You feel mentally exhausted as the girl's voice sounds, "Excellent work. That was very easy, as expected. Now, the Waltz should be ending soon enough, and I will explain everything." As you are about to respond to her you see white again and are now standing beside her. Your chest is heaving from exhaustion as you look around in confusion at her. She puts the sword in its sheath and gives you a polite smile.

"I'm sure you have many questions. Please, go ahead and ask them now."

>A) Write in your questions. All will be answered if possible.
>>
>>44178811
Why did we fuse?
>>
>>44178811
>"Did you just have me kill an innocent creature that meant no harm?"
>>
>>44178811
>I... what?
>Who are you?
>What was that thing?
>Why was it here?
>What just happened?
>Why did you need me?
>What do you mean by 'Waltz'?
In roughly that logical progression.

>The 1d6 is always rolled.
Yes, but as I understand it, it'd only be relevant when similar colors clash, since you did say that Red beats Green beats Blue beats Red.
>>
>>44178811

Why are you inflicting yet another /a/ quest on an innocent Western board?
>>
>>44179002
Not only it's an /a/ quest but it's an /a/ quest based on an eroge.
>>
>>44178884
[Let me clarify, since I typed too quickly. When a color beats a color it gets +3. Completely left out that hugely important piece of information. So an inferior color can still beat a superior one.]

>>44178884
>>44178861
>>44178843

"What was that thing and who are you?" You manage to stutter out and she looks down to where it fell, "That is a creature called a Morphid. It is one of a race that desires to expand and consume everything it can." She smiles and faces you, dipping into a graceful curtsy, "My name is Lady Onoria. And you, Takahashi, have just been made part of the Scarlet Waltz."

Though her words are understandable, you don't really acknowledge their meaning and just nod, trying to get as much information as you can right now. "Ok, then what just happened there? When you and I combined?"

"That was a process called Waltzing. When a Lady with power, myself, and a Lead with a special quality inside of him called a Core, make contact and are willing, they combine into a being that is greater than the sum of its parts." You nod and cough, rubbing your hands together to keep them warm, "So, the Morphid we killed, it wasn't just some harmless creature?" She frowns and shakes her head, her long brown hair whipping in the wind, "Not at all. The Morphids are the reason our world was destroyed."

She looks up into the snow, "We should get out of the snow. Were you going somewhere? Or, rather, is there somewhere we can go to talk about this at greater length?" You nod and she extends her arms, her elegant dress and armor becoming a warm jacket and pants with winter boots.

The two of you go back to your house, empty as usual. You sit her down and get a pot of warm water boiling for tea and turn up the heat inside your house.

>>44179002
>>44179036
[Don't like hanging out in /a/, can't quest there. But hey, we're all here for fun, right?]
>>
File: Panic.jpg (11 KB, 200x291) Image search: [Google]
Panic.jpg
11 KB, 200x291
>>44179075
>And you, Takahashi, have just been made part of the Scarlet Waltz.
i never introduced myself how do you know my name
>>
This takes inspiration from Princess Waltz, doesn't it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.