[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malifaux General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
File: constructweb.jpg (280 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
constructweb.jpg
280 KB, 1600x1067
Haven't seen a thread in nearly 2 days.

I don't have the OP pasta.

What would you consider the all-around easiest Neverborn box to play?

My girlfriend has expressed interest in playing and she like's the art style of Neverborn most.
>>
>>44177548
>What would you consider the all-around easiest Neverborn box to play?
Probably Lilth. She seems has a decently shallow learning learning curve.
>>
>>44177548
I feel like people should be concerned with what that dude is constructing in his shed.
>>
>>44178699

That's what I was thinking also.

She's interested in Dreamer but I think that might be a bit much for a complete newbie to skirmish/wargaming.

>>44179044
Why is that?
>>
I wish Wyrd didn't make their lore so fucking hard to find. Are there any short stories/audio things from the podcast about Lucius? I want to figure out what his fucking deal is and the story with the artist from the rulebook doesn't reveal much.
>>
>>44179313
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?keywords=wyrd+chronicles&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=
>>
I rather like the look of this:

Leveticus -- 5ss
+To The Earth Return - 1ss
+Tally Sheet - 1ss
+Desolate Soul - 2ss
Hollow Waif x 2 - 0ss
Ashes And Dust - 13ss
+Scramble - 2ss
Freikorps Librarian - 7ss
Hodgepodge Effigy - 4ss
Johan - 6ss
Taelor - 10ss
+Oathkeeper - 1ss
>>
>>44179440
I. . . Guess I'll download all of these and see if any have Lucius. In the meanwhile, if anyone already knows and wants to cue me in that'd be swell.
>>
>>44179044
I'd always assumed it was a Peacekeeper?
>>
>>44179839
I've never found a use for To The Earth Return, it seems like 8 damage is usually more than half of a given model's wounds.
>>
>>44179962
Pretty much every book since the one he was introduced in has had something about him. He's a Mimic, and is clearly either very afraid or in awe of the Governor General. He was also pretty thrilled when he died too. One thing that became more obvious to me as I read more, he was defiantly working with the Guild's best interest in mind. Not a double agent as I originally thought.
>>
>>44180081

Even with the utter contempt he expresses for humanity and the Guild in Crossroads?
>>
>>44179995
Unless I'm mistaken, peacekeepers don't have organic brains controlling them.
>>
>>44179962
gmortschaotica has a decent fluff index:
gmortschaotica dot blogspot dot co dot uk/p/malifaux-character-backgrounds.html
>>
>>44180225
Guess I was mistaken, because you're correct. They have logic engines instead.
>Steampunk Construct by Hardy Fowler
>This is a newly released illustration that I did for the Malifaux IP of Wyrd Miniatures showing a mad scientist hard at work building a monster. I was hoping to make something creepy and atmospheric.

Are steampunk constructs something in Through the Breach?
>>
How's liquid greenstuff fare as a gap filler for Malifaux models? I'm finding doing it by hand is getting obnoxious.
>>
File: Malifaux M2E - Zoraida Crew.jpg (149 KB, 1600x741) Image search: [Google]
Malifaux M2E - Zoraida Crew.jpg
149 KB, 1600x741
Complete newb here.

I'm getting my first box set on Christmas from my lady friend - The Kin.

My question, do you place grass and other ground art on the base before you attach the model, or do you guys do it after? Also, do you paint the model with it in the base, or separate?
>>
>>44179044

He's probably held up in a ruin somewhere in the Quarantine Zone.
>>
>>44180486

I'd say assemble the model first, then place it on the base without gluing it to get a feel for how it will fit. Then start putting the base together.

I'd wait until your done painting the model before you glue it on, but some might be easier to put on there first.
>>
Is there a recommended brand of base inserts used? The Wyrd one's look really outdated. Are they from 1E?
>>
>>44180852

I don't see how they can be outdated since it's just scenery stuff.

Secret weapon seems solid.
>>
>>44180925

I'll look into it.

last question, what puddy or adhesive do you guys use to attach the models to the base? Do you use glue or something else?
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 213x237) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 213x237
>>44181072
>>
>>44181291

I've seen images of people who attach with a puddy like substance, I suppose so they can easily switch the model to another base?
>>
>>44181072

Just normal super glue. If you check your local hobby store or online you should find a good super glue for hobby stuff with a fine tipped applicator.

>>44181436

You might be thinking of green stuff or epoxy putty, which is used for molding. It's likely they're using it both to attach the model to the base and as a frame to put terrain on it at a later date.

I'd recommend you check out the WIP thread here for more advice about the construction and painting side of minis. Read up on all the links in the OP. If I'm not mistaken someone recently put together a noobie FAQ.
>>
File: 1387498193378.jpg (449 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1387498193378.jpg
449 KB, 1920x1080
>>44181519

Awesome, will look into it now. I appreciate it.
>>
>>44181436
I think what you are seeing in the pictures is blue tack. It is a temporary adhesive.
>>
>>44181625

Also while I'm thinking about it you should invest in a good file set, some tweezers, and a wire cutter.

Also also be warned that Gremlins are a bitch to put together. They're not impossible by any means, but patience will be key. If you can lay down a mat or something to catch any errant bits you'll also save yourself some grief.
>>
>>44181679
>>44181703

Cheers.
>>
So I'm torn between starting with Lucius or Shenlong. Lucius gives me the option to dip into Never born and grab some Nephelim. Shenlong gives me kung-fu funtimes.

Although I can't figure out Shenlong's whole "add burning or poison to yourself" thing. I know he takes no damage from them, but what can he do with them?
>>
>>44181987

His martial arts styles key off various conditions, including Poison and Burning. Words on the River also lets him draw a number of cards equal to how many levels of Poison/Burning he removes first.
>>
Anyone feel like posting pictures of their crews?

Any works in progress?
>>
>>44181291
Yeah, that's right
>>
File: 20151205_164010.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151205_164010.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>44182693

Here's my Toshiro. Waiting on some craft foam so I can do his base. Some anon posted a tutorial on how to make decent looking bricks, so I'm gonna try that out.

Currently I'm bouncing around between an Izamu, Seamus, McMourning, and a Somer box as far as painting goes, and I have a Bete Noire and Aionus on the way.
>>
File: critters.jpg (940 KB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
critters.jpg
940 KB, 2656x1494
>>44183215

And here's some of my Somer minis.
>>
Loaded question: how much 'depth' is there to the Viktorias gameplay? Usually you just hear about the slingshot, so I'm wondering if that's the crux of their plan or what.
>>
>>44183846
Basically. They're really fragile on their own, concentrated fire kills the fuck out of one of them, and the slingshot loses a lot of effectiveness with just one vik. Still a hell of a trick though.
>>
>>44180040

I prefer to shoot with Levi, so I see moments where it's a nice trigger.
>>
File: 1408054755170.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1408054755170.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44178699
While beginning her is easy nevertheless she has some advanced tactics which requires experience to pull of good.
>>44179313
>>44179962
My personal list:
Attached is the Event fluff which led to Tara being Outcast/Ressers
Start with 9 and Pretty or all of Issue 12 (inside here is also Barbaros).
I recommend 11 with Bayou Bash, 6 with Formaldehyde Night or 14 with Boozed In The Bayou for a laugh
For more serious stuff 12 with letters of the Breach.
Something about Molly in 7 is also top.
Issue 5. Assassin's Ball is quite good too and Features Lucius and guild politics.
If you like Bittersweet and cliches Issue 11 with the Nature of Souls is also good.
Added Issue 13 has Storm Garden, a cool Ten Thunder Story and a cool guide to painting Dawn Serpent
Issue 5 has a great tutorial for Misaki. Check it out.
Lastly th valentine issue has a great lovestory.
>>44183846
They are Monster in melee, either through buffing themselves up or charging in alone, but both of these are hard to pull of because they are so fragile.
It does take some experience and even then it is rather hard, but if you pull it off, they can kill most things.
>>
File: Kaeris and Child.jpg (429 KB, 900x581) Image search: [Google]
Kaeris and Child.jpg
429 KB, 900x581
>>44182693
slowly painting up my Arcanists, I'm working on Howard Langston at the moment, the metal legs are done, the rest of him is soaking in detol after my first attempt at painting his skin went horribly wrong.
>>
>>44188230

Damn son, looks good.

What are you using for your bases? Inserts? Custom made?
>>
>>44188594
thanks, bases are just sand, some small pieces of slate and cork. I'll be painting the bases slightly brighter and adding some flock, i'm going to wait and do the whole crew at once though
>>
File: Icon - M2E.png (200 KB, 216x217) Image search: [Google]
Icon - M2E.png
200 KB, 216x217
>>44177548
This is the OP pasta I wrote but no one else seems to be using:

Malifaux general, here are some useful links,

books;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG
>>
>>44188918

Thanks, will save.
>>
>>44186576

Tara is pretty fun.
>>
So why would you ever run Mei Fang in Ten Thunders? There's no constructs to Railwalk off of, there's very little Burning to synergize with, and you'd basically spend your Foundry slots on Arcanist shit anyway. What am I missing?
>>
>>44186576

Huh. Obliteration actually seems pretty benign for a Tyrant.
>>
>>44190631
Yeah, most of the fluff that involves him just portrays him as wanting to be free again. No megalomania, no world domination. He even uses the phrase "I've learned my lesson" in Dead of Winter.
>>
>>44190467
You're looking at things backwards. The question to ask is what she brings to Ten Thunders. When you sit down to play you are committing to play a faction, not a master.
>>
>>44190647

Yeah. It's nice that not all of them are titanic assholes, assuming he's sincere. I read the Scion of the Void's profile before Dead of Winter, so I had assumed malevolence.
>>
>>44190467
Honestly TT have better burning mostly through ranged
If you decided to play her as Arcanist you will usually play up her Speed and teleportation using it to fly around, protect your constructs and being a general nuisance.
While the Arcanist have a range of good construct which helps her Speed and even some good burners TT can still support her good mostly in setting shit on fire or helping her when she is in the fray (something the arcanist are usually bad at).
Dawn Serpent is a heavy minion and can set many People on fire, the archer can shoot into melee if she can't finish off her target, guild pathfinder can throw traps around which is great (try this one) while a big range of push and focus within TT help get the slower construct forward (Railgolem and Metal Gamins).
Also the High River Monks have a 13" Charge and three attacks with atleast 3 burning.
>>
>>44190724
Yeah. I don't doubt that Obliteration is still an alien monster, because Tyrant, but to be honest I'll take "petty corruption of those who fuck with him" over "plague/freeze/burn the world" any day.
>>
>>44190764
Disregard the first sentence
>>
>>44190816

Agreed. Certainly better than another December appearance.
>>
Speaking of Tara, does this look functional?

Tara - Knowledge of Eternity, Eternal Journey, Dead of winter
Scion - Scramble
Karina - Faces of Oblivion
Nothing Beast -Void Shield
2x death Marshal
2x void wretch
>>
>>44183846
I got tabled by them at a torny the other day as a Perdita kill crew. Killed Ashes and 2 Ronin on turn one. Then Blades, whirl-winded through my crew while I spent 14 AP trying and failing to kill her. Card flips were just not with me. I gave that fate deck away afterwards.
>>
>>44188918
Been looking for book 3 pdf since it's release, thanks!
>>
Is there anything left to port over from 1e, or are we all new from here on?
>>
>>44192069
All new.
Book 2 has covered all non-Avatar minatures and Book 3 has exchanged Avatars for effigies in normal games and rules for campaigne.
>>
>>44191631
I don't like the Scion at all. Eternal Journey on Tara is a very situational upgrade, and if you're taking Death Marshals and Knowledge of Eternnity, you want Obliteration Symbiote.
>>
>>44192296

Scion too finicky for your tastes?
>>
>>44192337
Yeah. I've looked at offensive burying lists with her before, but I think Aionus is just so much better than her at it in every way (despite his price tag).
>>
>>44190670
It's still the same question, just from a different angle. She sort of feels like she'd make a good Scheme Runner in Ten Thunders, while Kang takes the more traditional "master" duties on.
>>
>>44192822
Scheme running with Mei Feng is a waste of vent steam.
>>
Are Marcus' skillset and hiring pool deep enough to play him as my only Arcanist master? How about if he sticks to beasts?
>>
>>44177548
Lilith is a definate. She beats things up and has enough tricks to evolve into if you wish it. Her Hechman is a strong tank/bruiser who again can pick up some extra skills. The tots arent all that great, they run schemes exceptionally well though so never hurts to have them.

I would avoid dreamer because hes complex, probably avoid pandora because her crews quite fragile if youre new. Lynch isnt a terrible idea if shes got a grasp of wargaming in general.
>>
>>44194011

"run schemes exceptionally well" means they're pretty great, no?
>>
Do you guys tend to play Tara more in-theme, or out?
>>
>>44194203
I take Karina and Wretches a lot. Nothing Beast depends on how i'm building the rest. I won't usually take him unless I'm also taking Death Marshals.

Theme Tara isn't bad though,
>>
File: malifaux mints.jpg (101 KB, 939x807) Image search: [Google]
malifaux mints.jpg
101 KB, 939x807
My order from Black Friday showed today, and Wyrd threw in some fuckin cool mints.
>>
>>44195158

Mine was an IOU for Aionus, a broken model, and some mints.
>>
>>44193718
Yes
>>
>>44193590
Yeah, true.

If I'm doing a 25 point list against Arcanists, with Kang as my leader, would it be better to go with Jigoku Samurai or a Fuhatsu?
>>
>>44195679
At 25 points i'm not sure Kang is a good leader. The smaller crew sizes mean that you have to spread out a lot more to achieve all your objectives, and as Kang is so slow he might find it hard to actually engage anyone all game.

The best Henchman to lead crews are the ones with movement shenanigans or summoning. Like Sensei Yu, or Toshiro.
>>
>tfw black friday order still hasn't been dispatched

or if it has, they haven't told me about it
>>
>>44196005
Damn. I'm trying to make the mei feng box set work as anything other than a monolist, and it just seems to not work out too well for me.
>>
>>44195536

Excellent.
>>
File: Large-Arachnid.jpg (342 KB, 1200x1416) Image search: [Google]
Large-Arachnid.jpg
342 KB, 1200x1416
Love them, but I know I'll hate them when it comes time to put them together.
>>
Here's a topic: most difficult Master to play well?
>>
>>44199920
Lucius is pretty hard, you do it wrong and all you wind up with at the end of his activation is your crew is now half dead and paralyzed.
>>
What Wave 3 models are you guys most excited to see the sculpts for?

I'm real curious to see the other Changelings.
>>
>>44199920
Shenlong, no doubt. He'd be great in a game where all-comers was a thing. Instead, he's just shit.
>>
>>44202536
Gremlin Survivors. There's a lot of room for the other sculpts to be crazy.
>>
>>44202645

But it IS a thing in his case, as he can change on the fly.
>>
>>44202536
Big Jake.
>>
So I've already got Silurids and Waldgeists. Any suggestions for beasts I should quickly pick up after Marcus' crew? I'm interested in Canine Remains and the Blessed of December.
>>
>>44200064

He'll probably be my last Neverborn Master. Love his style but his play seems so weird and fragile in a way that Collodi's isn't.
>>
>>44199920

I think Jack Daw and Brewmaster are at least among the most difficult to play effectively, due to finicky effects and the necessary positioning.
>>
>>44197730
Mei Feng only really has 2 tricks.
The obvious one is she railways around and murders groups of enemies.
The other is to just stand in the middle of her crew and vent steam 3 times to basically make them immune to ranged attacks.

Neither of these options really puts too many limitations on what to put in her crew other than a few constructs is helpful (which if you're playing arcanists you'll want to do anyway).

So in some ways Mei Feng can work with any crew, just because she's not directly synergising with them in the same way someone like Collodi, or Hoffman are.
>>
>>44199462
Look at it this way, at least you won't have to assemble a metal one.
>>
Im going to start a Yan Lo Resurectionist crew as my first ever venture into Malifaux.
Except for the Obvious Starter box, Izamu and Toshiro and Yin what else should I grab to get so that I have a good selection of models to cover most scenarios?

I read good things about Crooligans and Punk Zombies. But what else is there?
>>
>>44195679
Go start with 35 points.
Its balanced enough if you are starting the game.
Orherwise if you want to play low sized game look into the hardcore rule set.
>>44207088
Those are enough model to start playing.
After you played some games I'll recommend buying more
>>
>>44207169
Orherwise I'll recommend Crooligans or if you want to stay thematic and always have access to the model no matter the faction Onryo.
Hanged are also fine with Yin
>>
>>44207088

Crooligans and Necropunks are good picks since both are great scheme runners. If you go Crooligans though I'd just consider getting Molly's box.
>>
>>44207169
Okay.
Then I'm set on the Ancestors at least. And I'll work from there.
I have to get the rulebook and fate deck afterall.
>>
>>44207233
If some of your mates dtart too, start with 35 points for the first games.
Most masters (excluding Yan Lo, Kirai) van reach that without another box.
Another option would be the starter box.
If you start alone It is worthwhile to check for Henchmans in your area (pray it is me), those can give you demos (even if you don't have a crew) and usually can give you more personalized advice amd they know who all play the game.
>>
>>44207284
I know a guy.
I'll try to get him to demo this weekend.
>>
Looking at starting with Hamelin, other than buying all the rats forever, what should I probably do for his hiring pool? I Know I need some crooligans, at least. I'm looking at this list as a general all-comers with him, but I feel like it's missing a good anchoring beatstick.

Outcasts
50ss Crew

Hamelin -- 5ss
+The Piper - 2ss
+The Plague - 2ss
+Sewer King - 1ss

The Stolen - 2ss

Crooligan - 4ss

Crooligan - 4ss

Malifaux Rat - 2ss

Malifaux Rat - 2ss

Nix - 8ss
+Hollow - 2ss
+Infectious Melodies - 1ss

Obedient Wretch - 4ss

Rat Catcher - 6ss

Rat Catcher - 6ss
>>
>>44206004
>which if you're playing arcanists you'll want to do anyway
Therein lies the problem. She seems like a dual faction Master that only works with one faction, and youre limited to Melee Constructs With Burning if you want to use her "right" - that is to say, synergize with all her abilities.
>>
>>44208666
With the foundry constructs and komainu and obsidian oni (I think) she has enough constructs to play fine in 10T.
>>
>>44209095

Does she like the robo-pig, on that note?
>>
>>44210220
A walk 6 construct that can drop a scrap marker for free? Yeah I think she can use that.
>>
Is This too restrictive for a core Kaeris list?
-Kaeris
Blinding Flame[1]
Grab and Drop[1]
-Gunsmith[7]
-Fire Gamin[4]
-Arcane Effigy[4]
-The Firestarter[7] (Maybe?)

The Idea I'm going for here is to have enough points to specialize, but I'm not sure if this is too expensive to create a crew around for certain schemes. I usually take too much time tailoring my crew to the schemes and this cuts into my play time.
>>
>>44210759
There are a lot of games where purifying flame is the better option over grab and drop.

You're only using half you stones for your core, and the core covers a lot of roles so your core seems solid.
>>
Similarly, I'm considering this my (Neverborn) core:

19/50ss Crew

Jakob Lynch -- 1ss
+The Rising Sun - 2ss
+Woke Up With A Hand - 2ss
Hungering Darkness - 0ss
+Fears Given Form - 1ss
The Illuminated - 7ss
The Illuminated - 7ss
>>
>>44210930
The mobility and scheme marker dropping mind games seems a bit too valuable to me, but I'll try to master purifying flame to the level i have grab and drop.

Side note: Killing a model with burning counts for assassinate right? Nowhere does it state that the enemy leader has to be killed by your crew.
>>
>>44211115
Seems pretty good, although I'd like a terror tot or something a bit cheaper to run schemes since devoting an illuminated to that seems like an inefficient expense.
>>
>>44211220

They'd be up for consideration among the rest of the points when the scheme pool requires.
>>
>>44207966
Don't hire rats or catchers with him. Summon them instead.

I find he likes to hire beaters. He can get schemes and the like going on his own. If you've got Bishop and Alyce causing trouble for the first few turns, you'll have the ratball running the show by the time they start to deal with the openers.
>>
>>44211145
Yup. Same for Murder Protege.
>>
My Black Friday order finally shipped! At least, it says shipped on their website. This has been quite a wait. I totally understand 'some delays' on shipping, but it's been three weeks.
>>
File: leveticus.png (172 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
leveticus.png
172 KB, 453x500
>>
If you were to buy one other crew box with Colette's, what would it be?
>>
>>44215381
Ramos', because a prompting Howard Langston is hilarious, and now that Metal Gamin got nerfed Steam Arachnids are probably the best 4ss minion available to Arcanists. Bth for hiring, and for summoning off the Mech Rider.

And seeing as the Mech Rider is basically a compulsory hire in any Arcanist crew, you'll want a handful of spiders to summon.
>>
>>44215777

Wow, Prompt + Howard is filthy.
>>
>>44215777

How did the Metal Gamin get nerfed? I wasn't aware Malifaux had any post release nerfs.
>>
So I've been trying to build a Rasputina nuke list, with the basic idea being to get as many overwhelm triggers off of Curse of December as possible to give any other cussing list a serious run for its soulstones.

Rasputina -- 7ss
+Shattered Mirror 3ss
Essence of Power - 3ss
Ice Gamin - 4ss

Ice Gamin pops bite of winter for +1 dmg, Essence gives a free positive flip when you spend a soulstone to add a mask to the dual for overpower, as well as giving +1 to Ca. So you end up with a Ca 8 Curse with a 3/5(B)/6(B)(B) damage flip and a second free casting at Ca 6. I've got chills just thinking about it.
>>
>>44217638
Errata in the last faq
They no longer have hard to kill, and cannot cast protection of metal on themselves (or other metal gaming)
>>
Has anyone played the RPG?

What is the order of the modules? Are the Penny Dreadful's in any specific order or...?
>>
>>44215777
Mech Rider isn't compulsory. It's just really really really really good.
>>
I'm undecided what faction I want to run Yan Lo in. Is he notably better in either Ressers or TT? Seems like he just wants to run his thematic crew regardless. Aside Ancestors, are there any suggested early purchases after his crew box?
>>
>>44219431

It's better to decide whether you like Ressers or TT more instead of what goes better with Yan Lo. More likely than not you're eventually going to branch into a second master, so you should look into committing to one of the two when you start out.

I don't know much about TT, but I do have some general Resser stuff that'd be good with him.

Necropunks or Crooligans are Resser's scheme runners. Both are great and both are good in different situations. If you're cheap I'd get the Necropunks, but if you want to pick Crooligans I'd just go with picking up Molly's crew box. On top of the Crooligans Molly herself has Horror and Spirit tribal going on, and Izamu and Yin both fit into those roles well.

The Seamus box wouldn't be a bad pickup for Belles, since they're sturdy minions with a reliable lure. There's also an overlap with Molly, since she can summon Belles and Madam Sybelle can move Molly around the board and give her extra walk since Molly has the belle typing.

Yan Lo has some nice tricks for spirits, so picking some up wouldn't be a bad idea. The Kirai box has a few he can use, though I don't think Yan Lo quite needs them. The Hanged are great spirits that can shut down healing and make your opponents lose a lot of cards or activation due to horror checks, and they work well with Yin's willpower affecting abilities. The Drowned are beefy spirit beaters that are solid choices.
>>
>>44219732

Hmm. Thanks for the advice/guidance. I could see myself running spirit-centric ressers with Yan Lo/Molly/Kirai I suppose.
>>
Given how he's practically the face of the faction, it's surprising that Seamus seems middle tier-ish and seemingly an uncommon drop.
>>
Actually, what would be the best immediate purchases for starting Molly? I assume the Seamus crew, for the dead hooker parade.
>>
>>44222215
Depends on whether you prefer the horrors or the spirits.

If you like Horrors, then you need to get some punk zombies, probably by picking up the nicole box. The university of transmortis is a good buy too. The valedictorian is a reasonable henchman and Molly can summon all the students (as can Nicodem).

If you like the idea of spirits better then I'd pick up Izamu, a box of Gaki and Datsue Ba.

While Belles are great, I find I normally use Dead Doxies more often with Molly. Mainly because I like to take Philip and the Nanny (Molly loves having lots of cards in hand). Dead Doxies, while not having an insane lure like Belles do, are much better at moving your own crew around, while still dropping scheme markers for Phil to eat.
>>
>>44223298
>Nicole
While I obviously meant to type Nicodem here, I quite like the idea of a gender swapped Nicodem. Might have to have a go at sculpting one.
>>
>>44223334

Speaking of conversions, what's Malifaux's official stance on them?

I have some Guild Guard I never use that I was considering covering into Autopsies.
>>
>>44224638
Conversions and proxies are down to TOs discretion. Only official ruling is you can't use an unconverted malifaux model to represent another malifaux model. Just to prevent confusion.

There's also some nonsense about a certain % of bits having to come from malifaux models, but that's basically nonsense because in the good conversions it shouldn't always be possible to tell what came from where, or whether something was sculpted.
>>
>>44224656
That's standard with most companies, though. Its to promote the product. The only company I know of that doesn't have % limitations on their models is Mantic, who don't care what you bring.
>>
>>44224638
I hate the fact that guild guard are so unbelievably terrible, but if you put them on a horse they become incredible value.
>>
>>44221028
Tiers aren't a thing in Malifaux. Not really.

And Seamus is amazing but people want him to be something he isn't. He's nigh unkillable, has solid control tricks, is crazy maneuverable, and has a solid gun.

He's basically built for dry fucking your opponent's team while he rest of your list scores points. Too many people forget the "rest of your list scores points" part.
>>
>>44224638
Every major tournament I've seen has been "Convert all you want, proxies on unreleased models only, send pictures to the TO for pre approval." TO's tend to be very liberal in what they accept.
>>
>>44225626

Can't you also build him to maximize horror checks with stuff like Yin and Dead Rider?
>>
File: 1442264641024.jpg (326 KB, 669x1001) Image search: [Google]
1442264641024.jpg
326 KB, 669x1001
I asked over in the WIP thread, but does anyone have any painting guide specifically for Malifaux? And even more specifically, Gremlins?

I'm getting my first box for Christmas and would really like to do a half-decent job, as it's my first venture into miniatures.
>>
On the "getting into Malifaux over Christmas" bandwagon, and eyeballing Collodi. What should I be grabbing along with his crew box?
>>
>>44225712
That's his "solid control tricks"

He will lock down portions of the board with comically effective terrifying.
>>
>>stitched together, if you can find them. Many effigies. Coryphee.
>>
File: quickshade.jpg (48 KB, 419x593) Image search: [Google]
quickshade.jpg
48 KB, 419x593
>>44225899
If you want a surprisingly good effect for minimal effort then look into some of the Army Painter Quickshades.

As someone who has been painting miniatures for about 20 years I can honestly say when a miniature is being played on the tabletop something that has 1 highlight, and then a wash is indistinguishable from a model that has been painstakingly highlighted up through 10+ layers.

Someone might jump in here and say that the quickshades are a rip off and you can just buy wood stain instead, but having been dipping historical minis for years I feel pretty confidant in saying that they're not the same. The consistency of the quickshade is thinner than most wood stains, and it is a lot easier to work with.

I recommend using the Strong Tone for pretty much everything unless you are working with whites (where the soft tone is better), or blues (where the dark tone is better).
>>
>>44226609

Opinions on Mannequins and Performers for him? Seemingly costlier, since it makes more sense to just grab Colette's box for a bit more.
>>
>>44227256
Performers are useful in a lot of ways, but I don't think they're particularly "Collodi friendly"

Mannequins have some fun tricks. Lots of folks trash talk them but I think they can be worthwhile if you need to make something like Plant Explosives happen
>>
>>44227221

Cheers.
>>
>>44227341

The Performers are more for their interactions with Mannequins, but I read ya.
>>
>>44223298

Thanks. Sorry for the delay in response.
>>
Randomly, any thoughts on how Lucius running a mixed pack of Hounds would do? Maybe 2/2 Guild/Corrupted.
>>
>>44225016
If the patrol ability specified guardsmen rather than other guild guard, I think they would be much better.
>>
Are there any sort of limitations to using the Emissaries in normal games?
>>
>>44229135
None. The only models which have restrictions on when you're allowed to use them are the avatars.
>>
>>44229175

Ok thanks. I'd heard they metaphorically 'replaced' avatars in normal play so I was curious if there were restrictions.
>>
Ha, this seems pretty mean. If one-dimensional:

50ss Crew

Collodi -- 5ss
+Fated - 1ss
+Strum The Threads - 1ss
Primordial Magic - 2ss
Arcane Effigy - 4s
Brutal Effigy - 4ss
Changeling - 4ss
Changeling - 4ss
Changeling - 4ss
Doppleganger - 7ss
Freikorps Trapper - 7ss
Mysterious Emissary - 10ss
+Conflux Of Music - 0ss
>>
Long story shot:

My friend said to me "hey take this gift card and get a Crew I'll tech you the rules"

So I got the box with Pandora and the sorrows because the looked bad ass, and assembled them.

Anything I should know about this group in particular, or should keep in mind while a binge read the rules?
>>
>>44229948

The Poltergeist's pretty mediocre, and Sorrows are circumstantial.
>>
>>44209095
Just checked today. Obsidian Oni doesn't have Construct. I'm thinking my starting pool for models is going to be:
> Rail Crew Box
> Metal Gaiman
> Mr. Graves
> Komainu
> Samurai
> Wandering River Monk when he comes out

The Rail Golem looks good, but it seems like at 11 stones it costs too much. I'm guessing, looking at battle reports, that if it costs 9+ points it needs to completely shut down a list (or at least a style of list) or you just don't take it.
>>
>>44232905
Obsidian Oni arent constructs no, but tehy drop scrap on death instead of corpse markers.

If all 9+ stone models needed to completely shut down a list for it to be worth it you would never have any 9+ stone models anywhere ever
>>
>>44229948
Pandora, and Candy are amazing, the sorrows are ok, but there's usually something better available for the same number of soulstones. And the Poltergeist is a steaming heap of uselessness.

1 get a doppelganger, they're amazing
2 always, always, always make sure you remember the triggers on your abilities, and the free pushes Pandora gets when opponents lose duels. That's her bread and butter, if you forget to use her abilities she'll really struggle to achieve anything.
>>
>>44232905
9 stones is the same as 1.8 rail workers. Which are perfectly playable models (much more so now that metal gamin aren't so efficient for their points).

When you compare the rail golem that way it comes up much more favourably.

The key with the rail golem is to manage your expectations and not to try and stack up burning in the hopes of 1 mega locomotion turn, because that will never happen. Your opponent will see it coming a mile off and either kill off the golem before it activates (and after you've wasted ap stacking burning on it), or more likely you won't be able to get enough cards to keep the trigger happening.
>>
>>44229948
Sorrows are situational. They turn Pandora from a. "Win" to a "Win More." She does enough on her own and they're basically there to make her better when she honestly doesn't need to be better.

The poltergeist is much maligned, but it's honestly better than people give it credit for. It's obnoxious as fuck and you can't let it live. It only has 4 wounds, but it is also incorporeal so it can take a significant amount of energy to displace. If you put it into position towards the end of a turn (Should be easy as it's fast and walks through everything) then your opponent is completely fucked, especially if you got some kind of activation control going.

It's a 5 point lightning rod. Don't expect it to stick around, keep your expectations in place for a 5 point model, and it'll do fine.
>>
>>44234018
> which are perfectly playable models
The point is that they're models. Plural. I'll admit I'm basing my opinions on a bunch of theorycraft and spending about the past week binge-watching battle reports, but it seems like being able to split your guys apart and get a variety of things done is MUCH more important than just having one dude who tries to do everything, especially when those two dudes are decently tough and the one isn't particularly fast. This isn't Warmahordes, where the person with the biggest Colossal wins. You need to spread out, spend your actions on getting your Schemes and Strategies done, and stop your opponent from doing the same.

On that note, I was considering Willie, just for fun. How horrible of an idea is this?
>>
>>44234162
Willie is great. Any model which relies on a high df or wp, or defensive triggers to stay alive hates him, because he just runs around dropping blast markers in top of them. Nothing they can do about it.

In particular if he's allowed to he will ruin a Pandora players entire week.

And yes, spreading out to achieve schemes is important. But filling your crew full of nothing but cheap scheme runners is counterproductive. Cheap models are usually easy to put down, and it only takes a few casualties to lose am activation advantage.

Plus most models can place a scheme marker, not every model can fight. If you've ever taken a crew full of cheap models against a Lilith player who took Nekima you'll understand that quickly. Yes having a 13 point model run around dropping scheme markers isn't efficient, but if that same model murdered 3/4 of your crew in the first 3 turns then it doesn't matter if it's inefficient, because you probably don't have anything left that could interfere with it.
>>
>>44234499
That's why I'm not sure. I THINK I have that covered with the Rail Crew + Beater (Kang or Graves) because the models are so durable in general that I can stay in the fight and punch back.

Also, what would you suggest as a meta pick against someone likely to drop Colette?
>>
>>44234576
Joss can cut right through Colette's defensive trigger, which she absolutely hates.

If the Colette player brought a Mechanical Rider, he'll Arc Axe through that too.
>>
>>44234698
I was more hoping out of TT. No Mech Rider, though, he hasn't played since 1e and his thing was all in theme - performers, mech dove, and the coryphee.
>>
>>44234576
>>44234698
Oh wait, in TT?

Personally, Kang is probably one of the better options already but I think that matchup won't be very good for you.

Colette's supporting minions are usually stuff like Performers or Acolytes that Mei should be able to squash if she can engage them, but even without prompts her beaters are much faster than yours.

If you can get Kang and friends in a fight with Howard or a Duet his anti-construct aura will do a lot of work... but the risk is that Howard runs around decapitating your minions while Kang gets stuck on the wrong side of the board at Wk 4.
>>
>>44234162

To add to what >>44234499 said, it's also important to keep in mind that the available strat and schemes make a big difference from game to game. Two Rail Workers may be better in games with Reconnoiter or Squatter's Rights, but Turf War or Reckoning are a different matter.
>>
What are good immediate buys for Lucius? Equally interested in Guild and NB
>>
>>44236697

Guild Riflemen and Pathfinders
>>
>>44236750
this plus austringers and a doeppelganger
>>
>>44236750
>>44236951
Thanks. Can these dudes (Other than the doppelganger) be used with many guild masters?
>>
>>44236968

Doppelganger can go in every NB list, but only Lucius can use her in Guild.
>>
>>44236968

Yeah, they're all fairly sufficient. Austringers are absurd in general.
>>
>>44236968
in order of usefulness
Austringers
Pathfinders
Riflemen
>>
>>44237141
Addendum:
Though Riflemen are listed last, they are still useful to other masters, though they can be a little situation.
>>
It's funny how Wyrd can release basically the same unit in three factions (Guild Hounds, Canine Remains, and Corrupted Hounds), but their slightly different ability sets really make them quite distinct.
>>
>>44237141
>>44237138
>>44237004
Sweet. Thanks.
>>
I've heard the claim that Gremlins teach poor play because they have an excess of AP, don't require careful OoA, plentiful healing means you don't have to play carefully, and positioning isn't important because of the Pigapault. Valid, or sour grapes?
>>
>>44238085
I haven't met too many gremlins players, but that sounds like the mentality warmahordes players have with Legion. When you get to ignore key parts of the game, it's like playing with a crutch.

bump
>>
Is McCabe any good on guild side, or is he best suited to Thunders with Illuminated as an option?
>>
Aside from more spiders, any immediate purchases that should be made after picking up Ramos?
>>
>>44240323
An Electrical Creation or Mechanical Attendant, so you can kill it and start making spiders on the first turn.
>>
>>44240717

Isn't that Hoffman's totem?
>>
>>44241089
They probably mean the mobile toolkit.
>>
>>44241275

Makes sense. No plastic for it yet, right?
>>
>>44241321
No, not yet, but if you look hard enough you could maybe find the old metal.
>>
>>44240097
McCabe is fine as Guild. Austringrs and Guild hounds are plenty good enough.
>>
>>44242607
Not to mention pale rider for glowing sabre cheese.
>>
>>44238085
Yeah but you need to learn order of activation, keeping dudes alive, knowing threat range and what suits you use, importance of handy cards.
All faction have things that makes life easier; resser basically tells you your guys are not needed.
>>44240097
Do mind while reactivazing minions is gold (and even then Guild have great minions for reactivation foremost austringers or rifleman ) all the others buffs can be given to non-minion.
Peacekeeper can flurry easily, rider can have an insane sword, armor can make some of the weaker guild marshall survivable....
>>
So I got myself the McCabe box and want to go Ten Thunders. I have two guild guards and two austringers and want to get a box of guild hounds. What do I need from Ten Thunders? What should be my next box?
>>
>>44243809
The dragon is a great minion for reactivating, illuminated are always great and when thewandeeing river comes out your golden.
For the first buy I usually don't recommend a second crew box espessially in TT because 1 it'll confuses you and 2 it pushes the starting price.
I'll recommend 1 box and playing some 35 points game, choose between these: dragon serpent (some cool tricks can be found); samurais (gives you some tougher models); pathfinder (more shooting); snipers (you want to slow everything)
>>
>>44243943
Cool thanks. That's the trap my brother got into. He was gifted McMourning, then jumped to Viks and bought Jack Daw at the same time.
>>
>>44223298
Would those 3 be enough to run spirit Molly well? I missed Black Friday because I'm a poorfag college student, so I didn't get any sweet shikome ass. I do have Yin though, so horror route is tempting. I've just heard that she works much better with spirits.
>>
>>44244095

Spirits are inherently more synergistic dues to Adversary, but horrors aren't bad by any means.

Horrors are also the cheaper option.
>>
>>44244095
Never trust anything you read on the official wyrd forums, they don't even get rules questione right there half the time.

I find horror Molly better than Spirit Molly. Mainly because of Punk Zombies. Hard to kill, black blood, and a native +ve flip to attacks makes them super annoying to deal with.

I basically only summon Punk Zombies, Crooligans, or the drowned (when i want to place scheme markers). Occasionally I'll summon a student of steel too. But it usually comes in on 1 or 2 wounds and has a hard time making an impact.
>>
>>44244556
>>44244484

I'll keep that note on the forums in mind. Thanks
Who do you usually hire? I like the aesthetics of horrors better anyway.

Right now it's sounding like I should grab Seamus box, Nico box and Transmortis. Maybe drowned
>>
>>44244020
While I immensly enjoy the game, I always tell people to just start with a box (unless you got Kirai) and maybe another smaller box and first play 1 or 2 games of 35 and then a game of 50.
The game is intuitive enough that you'll see some synergy early on, (most in the thematic crew) that one can decide by themselves what works with what.
Furthermore investing 60 bucks and then finding out you hate the principle of the game is better then investing 150.
Best advice: Ask someone or the hechmans for a demo
>>
File: 1450377456290.png (183 KB, 649x386) Image search: [Google]
1450377456290.png
183 KB, 649x386
Whats a good scheme runner for outcasts?

So far Ive got ronin and freikorps but the freikorpsmenn have been marginally underwhelming (tough as nails though) whereas the ronin seem much more adaptable.

What do you guys use to pick up objectives? I was thinking of desperate mercs or the hodgepodge as a next investment.
>>
>>44245647

Void Wretches are good scheme runners.

Desperate Mercs are basically crap from a gameplay standpoint.
>>
>>44244556

We've got a guy who goes on about Shenlong being bad, so I'm not sure we're much better.
>>
It seems almost inevitable that I'm going to wind up with Ressers, as I have Levi/Jack/Tara, but we already have two full-time Resser players in our small meta.
>>
>>44244695
When they come out I'd pick up some Dead Doxies and Drowned as well.

I like to hire 1 or 2 Dead Doxies if I'm taking Philip and the Nanny, and having Drowned means you have something you can summon with a 10 of crows.
>>
>>44247142
Nothing in this game is objectively bad. Even Yan-Lo can be incredibly obnoxious if he's played well.

And I do have to agree to the official forums being bad. I see garbage lists being praised constantly, opinions that are close to objectively wrong and people having no concept of how much effort something actually takes to get accomplished.

For example, I constantly hear that "X scheme is free points, so if you and your opponent both take it you come down to strategy." It's like these morons have never spent any effort on denial or such.

It explains why I shit in the mouth of 95% of the players I go up against. The other 5% lose still, but at least I can call it a game.
>>
>>44244095
Horror Molly is streets ahead of spirit Molly. Don't let the retards on the forums tell you otherwise.
>>
>>44248352

Would you mind elaborating a bit? "the forums are wrong" isn't really a compelling argument by itself.
>>
>>44240717
You'll find a lot of people telling you to hire the toolkit because it's 1ss cheaper.

I personally hire the elecrical creation because it gives me the option of killing it using magnetism first turn if I need to get Ramos upfield. I think it's usually worth 1ss to have the option on the board.

I've won games based solely on Ramos being midfield turn 1 with his defense aura up.
>>
>>44248383
The Punk Zombie bomb is absurd. You drop him into a group of folks, slice and dice, companion for another slice and dice, then watch your opponent take black blood damage trying to dislodge him. If they don't, then he gets to flurry or charge next turn.

Giving the valedictorian black blood is hilarious. Being able to summon the appropriate student to deal with the problem at hand is solid too.

If you're playing Spirits, you get to summon Hanged but they're not as awesome as people like to pretend. You're summoning them up close, where they don't want to be. They take obnoxious cards to summon. Your opponent will then just kill it. It doesn't have the long term havoc potential that the punk does.

And besides, the absolute best way to play Molly is to summon occasionally. It's not her best trick. She should be passing out - twists and slow/paralyze. Her de buffs are amazing and they're the real reason to bring her. Whispered Secret is one of the best debuffs in the game. Put it on something, force it through with a 13, and either kill it or ignore it. Either way, it's not going to be doing much of anything anymore.
>>
>>44248521
Sweet. I like the horror aesthetic better anyway, to be honest. Is it worth taking Gorgon's Tear on her?

And is this >>44244695 list of buys about right?
>>
>>44248383
Not that anon, but imo the spirits synergise with each other much better than the Horrors do. But the Horrors are individually more powerful/better at their assigned role. That gives Horror Molly more resilience when your opponent starts killing off your models.
>>
>>44248569

Not that guy, but I feel Gorgon's Tear is very much a personal taste upgrade. I feel it's too expensive for what it gives you.
>>
>>44248569
Oh, also: Should I be grabbing Killjoy for the horror route?
>>
>>44248569
I take Molly very upgrade light. Just Forgotten Life most of the time. Gorgon's tear is great, but its a lot of SS which I'd normally rather use in hiring some more models, or burning for suits when summoning.
>>
>>44248622
>>44248597
Alright. Thanks.
>>
>>44248616
The killjoy bomb is a very all or nothing play. And, even when it works it doesn't lead to a very intersting game. So I tend to leave Killjoy on the shelf.
>>
>>44248521

Fair enough, and thanks for the writeup. Question though: Why do think her Emissary upgrade is focused on buffing Horror Molly?
>>
>>44248651
Because nothing in book 3 was playtested properly, and Wyrd made the mistake of believing the forum when they said that Spirit Molly was better, so they buffed Horror Molly.

When she really didn't need the help at all.
>>
>>44248569
I like Gorgon's Tear because that extra layer of defense is really necessary. She can be pretty card hungry so having something to keep you alive beyond discarding is helpful. It is expensive, though, but between terror and the second zero action, I find it worthwhile. Her zeros are the key to her versatility. YMMV.

And that purchase list is perfect.

On the killjoy issue, I'm normally not a big fan of the big guy. He's too easy to put down for such an expensive model. Molly, however, is a perfect home for him. Summon a drowned outside of 3" of an enemy for a free interact, when it dies Killjoy comes out. Then you accomplice into him and use his 1 AP charge to murder something. If you're smart there won't be enough in position to properly retaliate and he'll get to do it again next turn.
>>
>>44248682
I can't agree with this hard enough. The Arcane emissary is complete garbage and offers nothing new compared to in faction models that already exist. Half of the crossroads seven will never see the light of day. The entire fluff concept of the book doesn't even touch several factions (In a book all about betrayal and models jumping factions, Arcanists and Ten Thunders aren't participating in the theme at all while Resurs are filled up with characters stolen from other factions).

The campaign rules are fun, but the rest of the book is chock full of hot, wet garbage.
>>
>>44248754
And by garbage, I don't necessarily mean it's bad. I mean it's all over the place in terms of fluff, balance and concept. Just a shoddy book all around.
>>
Continuing the Molly talk, why kind of stuff do you guys like to hire into her list? Belles and Sybelle are obvious inclusions, of course.
>>
Samurai's triple-positive flip ability: worth it, or no? I'm considering ranged options for Mei and deciding between him or Fuhatsu.

Also, what's good ranged options in Arcanist?
>>
>>44248942
>Core list:
Philip and the Nanny
Madame Sybelle
2 Dead Doxies
2 Crooligans
1 Nurse

If the strat is Reckoning/Headhunter, or sometimes if make them suffer is in the scheme pool I will drop the Crooligans

And it the Strat is Headhunter specifically then I swap out the Doxies for Belles, because I want to be able to kill enemies and pick up the heads myself, and lure is great for that.

Nurses are the best 4 stone model in the game. Without much competition (only really metal Gamin came close, and they were errated). They just do so much.

>Sometimes Hires
Dead Rider comes in if I want to be able to move enemies around, so in things like Turf War, or Guard the stash is where he usually comes in.

Yin the Penangalan comes in every time if I'm playing Gremlins, because they generally have terrible Wp. And quite often if I'm expecting my opponent to have models which are very difficult to kill, I'll hire her then too. Because if you combo her with madame Sybelle you can force a model to pass a Wp duel if it want to do anything except attack Sybelle, and Yin can put it on -ve flips for all Wp duels.

If I have 2 stones left over and I already have a full cache then I'll hire in the Necrotic Machine, because its always nice to have more movement tricks.

Chiaki is great if you think your opponent might drop down either Sonnia, Kaeris, or Brewmaster. Condition removal at range, with the ability to pass out Chi to Molly (if you take her upgrade) to make all her casting attacks better is a bargain at 6 stones.

>Niche cases
Necropunks can sometimes come in instead of Crooligans if the board has lots of blocking terrain, because of their leap ability.

Anna Lovelace seems like she should be incredible, but I haven't actually tried playing with her because I don't have a proxy for her yet. (Thought I'd mention her still in the hopes of another anon with experience could give her the yay or nay).
>>
>>44249086
Arcanist ranged options are very limited.

They have December Acolytes, who are great, but have a pretty mediocre range. And that's about it.
>>
>>44249269

Thanks much
>>
>>44249086
If you have the no damage upgrade, yes.
It is a card independant fire, perfect for minions behind cover or if you are low on cards.
If you don't have the upgrade ensire you win either shooting shit with negative flips, let the other guy have no card or just shooting a low def target.
Arcanist have one of the most limited ranged in faction.
Besides the masters you have the three mid range eith the 10-12 of the silent ones, oxfordian mages and december acolyte, 5 short rangr with snow storm, gamins, mechanical rider and lastly willie
>>
>>44249086
The best ranged option in Arcanists is Howard Langston with imbued energies. 18" threat for two attacks, 13" for three, 7" for four.

Honestly, though, it really does depends on your master. I'd take gunsmiths with Ironsides or maybe Kaeris. December acolytes with most other masters.

I tend to find that I'm far more often brawling with my crew and using my master as the ranged component. Your guys tend to be tough, so they can take hits on their way in, and most of them are reasonably quick so they don't have to take too much shooting on the way.

If you've got appropriate terrain density then you should never really *need* ranged as Arcanists. You can control the melee game pretty hard and between armor and cover, if you have to leave a trapper in a building to snipe then it ain't no thang.
>>
>>44249269

Nurse is 5ss though.
>>
>>44249881
And it's worth six
>>
>>44249269

How do you tend to use Phil, that he's a core member? He looks really circumstantial to me, with his good abilities requiring you activate him (often early) and thus lose his best defense.
>>
>>44250501
Have both Dead Doxies walk, drop a scheme marker, and then 0 action take the lead to move themselves and another model of your choice (normally Phillip).

Then Philip eats both the scheme markers dropped by the dead doxies to draw 4 cards.

I usually do that for turn 1, maybe turn 2, depending on whether I will need Phillip to go start making a nuisance of himself with his chatty bubble, or by eating enemy markers. Makes sure I have enough good cards for Molly to summon whatever she wants, and still have high cards to cheat in duels.

After 2 turns Philip will be far enough up field that the Doxies can focus on either repositioning Molly, or drag enemy models back and forth between themselves so they can pounce on it multiple times a turn.

Phillip is one of those models that is hard to see what its actually doing for you until you don't take him. And suddenly you end up having to ration the cards in your hand a lot more.

I value cards in hand very highly in Malifaux because I hate having to rely on chance to achieve crucial actions. If you're more frugal with your control hand then your mileage may vary.
>>
>>44249804
And if you really feel like you need the range, Lazarus is a perfectly good hire with most masters.

In fact between imbued energies, a surplus of good robots to assimilate, and potentially extra actions from prompt or by making him a beast Arcanists are one of the best factions to take him in.
>>
>>44251306
Laz is so obnoxious
>>
>>44250691
Man, I need to try Philip with Levi. Comes with a free Waif to make scheme markers, and Doxies are pretty good anchors already.

Between Philip and Aboms ripping into each other you may as well just put your deck into your hand.
>>
>>44251953
Waifs are insignificant
>>
Would anyone mind recommending a good Ramos core?
>>
>>44252418
My Ramos list:
Ramos
Arcing screen
Under pressure
Arcane Reservoir

Hank
Imbued energies

Joss
Imbued energies
Bleeding edge tech

Johana
Imbued energies

Brass arachnid

Electrical creation

6 stones

There's your Ramos core. You don't need to hire scheme runners, you just summon them. Use spiders to screen, debuff and scheme. Langston kills whatever might cause a problem. Joss holds what needs holding. Johanna can provide support or go to bat.

His box has almost everything you need. You can explore other options but this list wins.
>>
>>44252418
I think the only really core part of a Ramos crew is ...

Ramos + Arcane Reservoir + whatever
Electrical Creation
Joss

Then Cassandra + Practiced Production if you need to place markers, Howard if people need to die, or the Mechanical Rider basically all the time forever because it's really good.
>>
>>44252652

Interesting. Never feel the need to vary it up? Thanks for the reply.

>>44252666

Thanks for the reply.
>>
9 Spiders + 1 Swarm sufficient for Ramos, you think?
>>
>>44253482
That's how many I have.
>>
>>44253482
Like 6 and 2 swarms.
>>
>>44252791
I play that into EVERYTHING. I've lost exactly two games with it. One was when I black joker flipped my first two summon flips. The second was when I was violently ill and could barely play.

I'll regularly use it even in reckoning or collect the bounty.

Sometimes I'll vary it up to make things interesting, like sub in the rider for Joss or screw around with burning builds with the Effigy and powered by Flame but if I want to win with authority this is what I play.
>>
>>44254244

Nice.
>>
Man, I find Kaeris to look completely disinteresting. Her box doesn't seem especially useful to other Masters either.

At least Ironsides' has the Captain.
>>
>>44254518
Ironsides is incredibly underrated. She's a great at board control and can be an absurd tar pit.

I've never gotten Kaeris to work well for me but some swear by her.
>>
>>44254878

Is Ironsides like Yan Lo, as in starting out weak and generating a unique resource to get up to average Master level?
>>
>>44254878
>>44254518
I was considering using her as a second to Mei Feng, just because of Burning overlap.
>>
Was playing around with Ironsides listbuilding? How's this look? I'm not sure what all to take, upgrade-wise.

41/50ss Crew

Ironsides -- 5ss
Mouse - 4ss
Gunsmith - 7ss
Gunsmith - 7ss
Johan - 7ss
Oxfordian Mage - 6ss
The Captain - 10ss
>>
>>44256116

I'm thinking-

Ironsides: Challenge the Crowd, Frontline Leadership, and Warding Runes

Mage: Blood Wards

Captain: Patron's Blessing

That still leaves me 4ss, 2ss if I go full cache.
>>
To confirm: Once the Scheme Pool is revealed, BOTH players have the option of grabbing either Line in the Sand, their Faction's Scheme, or both?
>>
>>44256411
Faction schemes are only available in story encounters.
>>
>>44256553
Oh, okay, that's what I was missing. That makes a lot more sense, thanks!
>>
>>44256116
That's almost my exact crew list
>>
>>44255009
Adrenaline is a bonus. Don't play for it. When you have it, good. Her main use is to vacuum up runners and support to screw over your opponent. If you build up enough adrenaline she'll be able to murder hard targets but that's not the goal of playing her.
>>
>>44257393

Haha, oh?
>>
Any tips on how to build Lucius' crew, in Neverborn? I'm somewhat perplexed by how to balance fighty vs schemy, minions vs everything else.
>>
Updated concept:

50/50ss Crew

Ironsides -- 7ss
+Warding Runes - 1ss
+Challenge The Crowd - 1ss
+Frontline Leadership - 1ss
Gunsmith - 7ss
Gunsmith - 7ss
Johan - 7ss
Oxfordian Mage - 6ss
+Blood Ward - 0ss
The Captain - 10ss
+Patron's Blessing - 2ss
Willie - 6ss

Willie for the Wheelbarrow of Doom trick to trigger Handpicked Men.
>>
Bleh, a thought occurs. Are we gonna have plastic Avatars clogging the release schedule once Wyrd gets to Wave 3?
>>
>>44260321
No plastic avatars?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.