[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Banished Quest 169
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: #Starter.jpg (240 KB, 680x402) Image search: [Google]
#Starter.jpg
240 KB, 680x402
Welcome to Banished Quest!
You take the role of a young mage labeled a criminal by his people and cast out into the wider world. In the last thread you interrogated the Matriarch of the Demir Clan and allowed your brother to decide her fate.

It is currently the 24th of Svarthi, in the year 936 NH.

Character Sheet:
http://pastebin.com/8wLGz3HQ
Inventory:
http://pastebin.com/9mxDQn7N
Companions:
http://pastebin.com/tWc3Zjje
Spellbook:
http://pastebin.com/Tu1sVEnQ
Runic Library:
http://pastebin.com/7zQt9XLy
Current Missions:
http://pastebin.com/rzD5PPsU

Dice:
http://pastebin.com/nhswziq6
Magic:
http://pastebin.com/aYPzn0aU
http://pastebin.com/2iHKTQTS
Combat:
http://pastebin.com/e1peu2ih
http://pastebin.com/1niidZEa
Enchanting:
http://pastebin.com/jUQKQLLx
Fluff:
http://pastebin.com/ydKwNLba
http://pastebin.com/sijmZSSf
http://pastebin.com/UygnkCBe
http://pastebin.com/gR0sgiFu

Archives:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Banished%20Quest
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Quidam_Asinus
Ask Page:
http://ask.fm/Quidam_Asinus
Tumblr:
http://somaqm.tumblr.com/
IRC Channel:
#BanishedDiscussion on Rizon

Notes:
Using names or trips in this quest is heavily discouraged. While it is impossible for me to prevent you from doing so, I ask that you not. I will also not count any votes made while using names or trips.
>>
You pause just beyond the heavy oak door isolating the palace's tower suite. Should you really let your brother, emotionally compromised as he is by an assassination attempt, interrogate the perpetrator? You wouldn't call him prone to fits of rage, far from it in fact, but on those few occasions that you have seen him incensed it's never ended well.

You briefly recall a boy, a bastard of the Aslan Clan several years your elder, who used to taunt you when you were young for having a high-pitched voice, and generally torment you besides. When you told your brother, Zaahir beat the boy nearly half to death with a blunted training saber. The bastard walked away with a broken nose, cracked rib, and a cut across his cheek that scarred him for life. Incidentally you later apprenticed with his legitimate half-sister and ended up on somewhat good terms with him, but as far as you're aware he fears your brother to this day.

You're drawn out of your reminiscence by what sounds like glass breaking. Whatever happens, it's not really your place to interfere. The attempt wasn't on your life, it was on your brothers, and besides that he's the one ruling in your father's stead. That in mind you resolve to make yourself scarce, marching staunchly towards the stairs. Finding the dungeons is a task in and of itself, but you get some directions from a servant and eventually find the heavy iron door leading to the dungeon.

(1/3)
>>
There's no immediately apparent way to open the door, no handle nor cross bar. However you do note that the carvings of interlocked Palaka worms show signs of scratching where they meet and they seem to be fused with the stone wall near the base of the door. On a hunch you place your hand against the metal in the space between their two gaping mouths and channel just a touch of vys. You're promptly rewarded by the screeching of metal grinding against metal as the worms retract, sliding into the walls with grace and fluidity you wouldn't typically associate with iron sculptures.

Once the only thing remaining of the worms is their eyeless heads peeking out of their respective nooks, the door swings open of its own volition and you're permitted entry. You're roughly halfway down the stairs when you hear the door sliding shut behind you. Fortunately the stairwell is well lit by strange lanterns which, rather than the traditional flame, simply generate a glowing ball of soft blue light.

How old is this palace, really? It certainly predates the Fall of Hiacia, at least parts of it do. Perhaps originally it was some sort of fortress, built up over the years as the city grew around it into a proper noble seat.

At the bottom of the stairs you find yourself in a short hallway with exceptionally low ceilings, you're forced to duck your head to avoid scraping it against the stone. There are nine gates composed of iron bars arrayed both vertically and horizontally, four on either side and one at the end with the stairwell behind you. Each of these doors seems to open up into a long hallway in turn also lined with doors. Exploring the entire dungeons would probably take hours, it's fortunate you don't need to.

(2/3)
>>
File: Herbad Zakariyya Iyer.jpg (678 KB, 1168x1496) Image search: [Google]
Herbad Zakariyya Iyer.jpg
678 KB, 1168x1496
From the doorway on your immediate right, you can hear Darzi's familiar voice, as well as another you don't recognize. A man's, you think. The conversation is heated, so much so you can hear it even from where you're standing some forty feet or more away.

“-leave just so you can kill them once we've gone! We need to keep them alive, and after what's happened they need to rest!”

That's Darzi. Seems she's getting all defensive of the captured slaves. The man, presumably the interrogator, responds forcefully but with an even tone. “I will do as Surya commands and punish these slaves for their insolence until I am certain they have given up the names of all their coconspirators. You have fulfilled your task by reviving them, now allow me to fulfill my own.”

>You should probably get Darzi and your companions out of here before they cause more trouble.
>Hey, these slaves are valuable. You can't go beating them willy nilly. Back Darzi up.
>Write-in
>>
>>44176024
QUEST
>>
>>44176024
>>You should probably get Darzi and your companions out of here before they cause more trouble.
Let the man do his job
>>
>>44176024
Let the slaves get beaten, but make sure they can still talk afterwards
>>
>>44176024
>Hey, these slaves are valuable. You can't go beating them willy nilly...without me to make sure they don't die waiting in the wings. Back Darzi up.
>>
>>44176024
>>You should probably get Darzi and your companions out of here before they cause more trouble.
Suffer not the heretic
>>
>>44176024
>Hey now, we soent time and resources on savin these slaves, least he can do is let us get first dibs on the interrogation. This is a good opportunity to try out a Nature meditation. Have Darzi back us up.
>>
>>44176024
>>
>>44176278
>>44176156
>>44176101
>>44176100
>Put the boots to him, medium style.

>>44176130
>Hey, maybe let 'em rest for a bit.

>>44176245
>Put the magic to him, nature style.

Writin'
>>
>>44176024
>>Write-in
Interrogate them yourself.
THE SPOOPY WAY.
>>
Darzi is a whore.
>>
WE QUESTIN'

NO MORE WITHDRAWAL
>>
>>44176431
Whores are regarded as real people in our society, especially the high class ones.
>>
>>44176431
Darzi is a whore. Donger emoji.
>>
File: donger.png (25 KB, 680x288) Image search: [Google]
donger.png
25 KB, 680x288
>>44176501
Well memed.
>>
>>44176431

I will cut you bitch.
>>
File: 1431993504718.jpg (10 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1431993504718.jpg
10 KB, 500x275
>>44176431
>>
>>44176431
>tfw you will never run a train on her with all your bandit bros
>>
Mormor a best
>>
>>44176644
>mortia
>anything but shit
Why humies all die already?
>>
File: prof problems.png (300 KB, 962x992) Image search: [Google]
prof problems.png
300 KB, 962x992
So guys, I'd like to address a few concerns before we hit Elaudia; namely the fact that we've a few people that have lingering psychological issues. We've all read the errant detail every here and now about how sometimes our companions have nightmares and can't sleep right. These little issues have the potential to escalate into real problems if our companions are ever attacked mentally, and considering that we've multiple sources saying the jungle and it's inhabitants do use mind fuckery, we should solve these issues while we can. The weakest link in our party mentally is Profectus. I'd like to recommend we take a day or two while we're still in Nazir to help him with his issues. Soma has said that along the riverbanks and around the city, there's a lot of activities like boat racing, gambling on horse races, and other Prof minded activities to partake in. We could even make another beach day out of the boat racing thing.
>>
>>44176752
Go away rob
>>
>>44176752
nobody cares fag
>>
>>44176752
pls fuck off ircscum
>>
>>44176752
I bet you're friends with Juden
>>
Oh, hey. I almost forgot. I updated the Calender pastebin with the birthdays of your family members. I'll do the same with your companions and more distant friends.
>>
>>44176578
>>44176541
>got to her guard position by fucking
>fucked all the bandits
>fucked our brother
That's called a whore.
>>
>>44176431
Remember lads. Shitposts succeed only when given attention. The appetites of anons are capricious and fickle, and constantly crave originality. If the other side has nothing to say but the same few lines, anons will naturally tire of and disregard them. It's just how the attention cycle of 4chan works. And this post? It's the lowest, minimum effort shitpost. Don't let it get to you.
>>
>>44176901
>a la the Hebrew calender
JeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWS!
>>
>>44176903
Oh, this one is too. Low effort, common denominator, bottom bin bait.
>>
>>44176963
Fuck off Rob.
>>
>>44176963
>giving attention to a post while telling others to ignore it
That's some major retardation right there.
>>
>>44176963
Please don't link to shitposts.
>>
SHIET POAST
>>
>>44177022
sexonded
>>
>>44176431
this desu
>>
>>44176963
>somebody makes a statement
>calls it a shitpost in an attempt to discredit it
The only one shitposting here is you
>>
>>44177243
>shitposting this hard
>>
File: 1315801091641.jpg (37 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1315801091641.jpg
37 KB, 250x250
Do you ever get tired of or grow to hate your fanbase, Soma?
>>
>>44177265
>soma
>getting tired of shitposting
>>
>>44177265
He's just as fucking bad.
>>
>>44177265
Soma is the main shitposter.
>>
>>44177327
>>44177329
>>44177342
Everyone has a limit, anons.
>>
>>44177263
>continues to refuse to refute the original statement, instead resorting to ad hominem
>>
>>44177351
Except he has actively encouraged the shitposting.

Plus the shitposting isn't that bad desu.
>>
>>44177265
>>44177351
Sounds like you can't handle the bantz, faggot
>>
>>44177412
Bantz is not endless repetition of low tier bait, anon.
Bantz is actually entertaining, maybe you should ask and Australian to tutor you.
>>
>>44177436
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>44177265
Read the quest only

Everything else has 0 value you'll only end up with a headache paying attention to it
>>
>>44177436
>and
>>
You pull the gate open, it wasn't locked, and proceed down the hall at a cautious pace. You pass a few other men, and one woman, locked up in their cells. Some watch you curiously, leaning their heads out of their cells, while others seem more occupied with other things. The entire place smells rancid, and you spot more than one chamber pot in need of emptying. The floors of each cell are covered in dirty straw and for beds all they have are stone slabs protruding from the wall. Each and every one of them is covered in a colorful array of bruises and cuts.

None say a word to you as you reach the cell in which Darzi and the man are shouting at one another. Inside you spot the two slaves, the woman is sitting on the bed and the man is still unconscious. You question the safety of keeping them both in one cell, but presumably this was only a temporary measure. Fulvia is standing in the corner of the cell, near the bed, while Darzi and the man, some sort of priest, take up the center of the cell.

The woman, the one who was supposed to release whatever is inside the box currently sitting in your cloak, has a massive hole scorched in the center of the white robes. The assassin on the other hand simply has his flesh scorched black, and hasn't yet awoken. Neither shows any outward signs of injuries other than those they gained from Fulvia's magic, but you'd be willing to bet that Darzi and Chrys are largely responsible for that.

Speaking of Chrys, you don't see her anywhere. Didn't she say she was on her way? It feels like you've only seen her a handful of times today and only at disparate points since the start of the party.
(1/3)
>>
People still haven't realised that BQ is just a huge shitpost?
>>
You clear your throat loudly, stopping Darzi in the midst of an argument about the value of keeping them alive and healthy. She thinks that treating them well will engender good will and thus prompt them to more freely surrender what they know. You'd point out it might be better to reserve treating them well until after they provide the information as a reward, since that way you could dangle it in front of them as a reward, but now doesn't really seem the time.

Both she and the priest turn towards you, the priest at first seeming furious but swiftly calming once he recognizes you. He bows low, the pale blue light of the dungeon reflecting off his shaved head, before righting himself. “Ah, Matha. You honor these halls with your most holy presence.”

You're able to get a better look at him, now that he's facing you. He's a short, wrinkled man. His beard is black and braided into thick strands which, in turn, are bound by a series of metal bands. He wears bangles on his wrist burdened by long strips of parchment bearing scripture, you think. You spot a lot of 'Holy Radiance' just at a glance. Swords, daggers, pouches, and purses hang heavy from his belt, and an enormous golden disk hangs around his neck in imitation of the sun. It's pretty clear this is some sort of Suryan priest, the first one you've ever seen in all your twenty-seven years of life.

You'd thought that any sort of organized clergy honoring Surya had dissolved long ago, but evidently you thought wrong. “The honor is mine.” Your reply, utterly lacking in enthusiasm. Dimly lit dungeons are not exactly your idea of a pleasant evening. “Who might you be?”

He bows again, even lower this time. So low in fact the miniature golden stars hanging from the disk around his neck scrape against the stone floor of the cell. “I am Herbad Zakariyya, disciple of Aliyah ar-Rashid.” He straightens, expression just as severe as it was a moment ago. “What may I offer you?”

(2/3)
>>
>>44177436
If you're complaining than you clearly can't handle it.
>>
Darzi cuts in. “Mik, tell this man he should let the slaves rest. Chryssa and I exhausted ourselves making sure they survived long enough for Fulvia to treat them both, I'll not see them beaten to death now, weak as they are.”

You hold up your hands placatingly. “Darzi, you understand they must be punished for what they've done.” You nod your head towards this Herbad fellow. “Their crimes are grave, if we were to let them live now in the lap of luxury we would appear soft.” She opens her mouth to object, but you shift your attention to the priest before she can formulate a response. “However, my companion is right. To lay into them now and risk their untimely deaths would be a waste. I trust restraint will be shown.”

You're not asking a question, you're giving a command. The priest seems to understand this. He bows once more, nearly in half. Why does he keep doing that? It's excessively polite. He's treating you like you're the Shah for Pani's sake. “Of course, sirah. Of course. I shan't even employ the beating stick.”

Darzi sighs, apparently willing to take what she can get. As she and Fulvia march out of the cell, you spare one last glance towards the bowing priest.

>Ask him who this ar-Rashid person is. You're curious about the current structure of Surya's faithful.
>Ask him what he's doing here, is he your brother's advisor?
>You don't have time to question some lowly torturer. This place smells like shit, the less time spent here the better.
>Write-in

>>44177525
One hundred and sixty-nine threads of an elaborate ruse.
>>
>>44177545
I'm complaining about lack of quality friend.
>>
>>44177555
Is the ending going to be the most elaborate ruse ever?
>>
>>44177555
Why are we trusting this guy not to be ploting against our brother as well, again?
>ask who that guy is
>ask what he's doing here
>send our comoanions on their way
>have Mortia keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't start killing iff the slaves
>>
>>44177555
>Ask him who this ar-Rashid person is. You're curious about the current structure of Surya's faithful.
>>
>>44177555
>Ask him what he's doing here, is he your brother's advisor?
>>
>>44177555
>>You don't have time to question some lowly torturer. This place smells like shit, the less time spent here the better.
>>
>>44177555
>>
>>44177555
Who knows, this guy might give us some insight into the servant of Surya we spoke to.
>>
>>44177555
He might know some stuff about surya's messenger, ask to speak with him so we can try and subtly get some info. The way he's treating us implies that he possibly already knows something, or at least that he'll comply due to respect or obligation
>>
>>44177610
The ending will reveal that the entire Quest was build up for a bad Latin pun about sodomy
>>
>>44177745
I'm voting this
>>
>>44177635
>>44177625
>>44177621
>>44177691
>>44177706
>>44177745
>>44177771
>Who the hell is this "ar-Rashid" fellow?

>>44177635
>>44177621
>>44177745
>>44177771
>Who do you know here?

>>44177621
>Send your companions off.

>>44177621
>Have Mortia keep an eye on him.

Writin' for asking about ar-Rashid, and asking why he's here as well.
>>
>>44177745
>The way he's treating us implies that he possibly already knows something, or at least that he'll comply due to respect or obligation
Or because we're the Matha and that deserves respect.

He is a servant of Surya; he of all people would hold a Matha, a "Great warrior" in high esteem.
>>
>>44177803
>Who the hell is this "ar-Rashid" fellow?
>not baneposting it
baka desu senpai
>>
>>44177810
that's why I typed out the word ''respect'' when I wrote the post that you just quoted
>>
>>44177803
Not that it changes anything, but this
>>>44177771
was me specifying that this
>>44177745
was a vote
>>
Soma do you accept Donald Trump as your lord and savior?
>>
>>44178326
not now /pol/.
>>
>>44178326
BUILD WALL
>>44178359
It's always time for /pol/ on BQ
>>
>>44178326
We are the silent majority, keep the trumppost on /pol/

For now.
>>
>>44178326
What the absolute fuck. I don't come here to hear shitrump pump. GTFO.

I am here to bask in the glow of a BQ thread actually occurring in real time. Am I in heaven? Yes, yes I think therefore I am.
>>
>>44178591
Get use to it.
>>
File: 1392169670210.gif (1009 KB, 390x219) Image search: [Google]
1392169670210.gif
1009 KB, 390x219
>>44178591
That may be the gayest thing I have seen all week. And I saw a guy sucking another mans cock in a open stall on Saturday, just for reference.
>>
File: Trump.jpg (154 KB, 456x469) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
154 KB, 456x469
>>44178591
>not supporting the Emprah
>>
>>44178682
Next time close the door to the stall you are sucking the guy's cock in and the bathroom mirrors will not be visible to you when you turn your head.

Saw that technique in a movie once, works great to increase self awareness but I am sure you already know how massively the cock smoking gayness aura you radiate is so it's nothing new to you.

Or, in the alternative, just continue to enjoy yourself with the doors open and hope nobody comes in and kicks your head in.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Being massively gay, that is.
>>
You turn to leave as well, but your curiosity gets the better of you. Turning once more to face the priest you lean against the bars of the cell, your tone cautious. “You know, I've never heard of Clan ar-Rashid. Is that a new noble house?” Noble houses tend to spring up on the border from time to time as one lowborn officer or another distinguishes themselves on the field of battle, but usually you hear about them. The get really famous for a few months and then drop off the face of the Earth, usually.

The man rights himself, finally. He shakes his head sadly at your apparent ignorance. “No, Matha. I do not blame you for not having heard of our prophet. She is but a young woman of the Pa'vala, a tribal. It is through the power of Surya that she has united the tribes of the Asvaka and the Askuzai and brought them to the holy city of Tel Kadhish. At her touch the flames were rekindled and it is for this reason that we serve her, for she is blessed by Surya.”

So she's some sort of prophet for the nomads. Not a big deal, they seem to have a new prophet ever few decades promising them the restoration of the Pa'vala and return of their tribal lands. Usually they don't last long, although from what you understand Tel Kadhish was fairly well populated for a ruined city. It's the origin point for a lot of expeditions into that inhospitable wasteland, and maintains a permanent population mostly composed of Aghtaki and the like.

Still, that raises another question. “So why are you here, so far from the edge of the Pa'vala? If you are this woman's disciple, should you not be at her side?”

(1/3)
>>
He shakes his head frowning deeply. “No, though it pains me to be so far from the holy city, She has given me the command to remain here at the house of our allies to serve them as necessary. It is a show of good faith, and I act as well as a messenger.” He glances briefly towards the slaves, the man only just beginning to stir while the woman cowers on the bed. “If I were not pressed for time, I would reveal the truth of Pani's betrayal. However, I must attend to my duties. Perhaps another time.”

Right, you suppose you are keeping him from his task. “My apologies, one more question. It was my understanding that the priesthood of Surya died out ages ago, a few centuries after the creation of the Pa'vala and collapse of Hiacia. However, you seem quite well appointed in full priestly regalia. I suppose this Aliyah has sought to reinstate the old traditions?”

The Herbad bows his head, only his head this time. “You are correct, Matha. In the temples she unsealed the rekindled fires revealed a wealth of knowledge, both written and dancing in the flames. She has founded a new priesthood, but the Shah refuses to acknowledge our legitimacy. He will come around, of that we have no doubt.”

You wonder if that will have changed by the time you return from Elaudia. Indeed, what with the mages seeking greater recognition and now Surya's cult experiencing a revival, it seems you leave a kingdom on the cusp of upheaval.

The priest bows again. You're surprised his back doesn't complain, he's not young by any stretch of the imagination. “If you will excuse me. I must attend to these captives.”

Fire dances between his finger tips, and you nod with no small amount of trepidation. What did he mean that he was serving the Prophet's allies? What sort of deals have your father and brother been making? You suppose that would be a question to ask them. You have no desire to stick around and watch two slaves, deserving though they may be, tortured.

(2/3)
>>
>>44178793
Well, it's Chaos for me then.
>>
You find Fulvia and Darzi waiting for you by the stairs. The screams have started up, and Darzi is giving you an evil look indeed. She'll get over it, surely. Just give her time. The three of you ascend the stairs in procession, the echoes of the Herbad's work following you all the way to the great iron door sealing the dungeons off from the rest of the palace. With a touch of vys, they slide open and permit your exit.

Taking a deep breath of fresh air, you sigh in relief. Compared to the dungeon, the air here is almost sweet. “Where has Chryssa run off to?”

You pose the question to nobody in particular, but Darzi responds. You note the subtle note of distaste in the way she addresses you. Like there's a bad taste in her mouth. “She said she was going to meditate and rest, once we'd gotten the slaves stabilized.”

>You think you'll follow her lead. Some meditation will do you well.
>Honestly after the events of yesterday and this evening you just want to lay down and sleep.
>Try to reassure Darzi that the slaves will be fine. None of the other prisoners seemed all that severely wounded.
>Write-in
>>
>>44178853
>>Try to reassure Darzi that the slaves will be fine. None of the other prisoners seemed all that severely wounded.
>>
>>44178853
>Try to reassure Darzi that the slaves will be fine. None of the other prisoners seemed all that severely wounded.
>>
>>44178853
Tell Darzi we understand she has a lot of issues with torture, and that we know she's suffered branding herself. But these slaves just tried to murder our flesh and blood in our own household for no reason.
>>
>>44178853
>>
>>44178853
>>44178906
Supportan'. We're entirely within our rights. These people are criminals. But we can try to be understanding about it.
>>
>>44178853
>>
So what is /pol/s opinion of Trump?
>>
>>44178853
>Honestly after the events of yesterday and this evening you just want to lay down and sleep.

Because we won't do any Nature Meditations
>>
>>44178853
>>You think you'll follow her lead. Some meditation will do you well.
>>
>>44178906
>>44178853
Seconding.
>>
>>44178853
>>
>>44178943
Probably either Misiah or Piriah.
>>
>>44178906
Well the reason was for political gain, but yes other than that I agree
>>
>>44178853
>>44178906
Support.
>>
>>44178853
>>Try to reassure Darzi that the slaves will be fine. None of the other prisoners seemed all that severely wounded.
>>44178906
and supporting this
>>
>>44178853

There are plenty of ways to hurt people without injury, and the guy seems like he knows what he's doing.
>>
>>44178906
>>44178853
I'll add an addendum to this. Our brother is as dear to us as any of our party members. If someone tried to assassinate us, how would Darzi genuinely feel and treat them?
>>
>>44178853
>Write-in

On second thought, it might be a good idea to keep someone down there watching the situation. Have Fulvia go back and observe the torture session just to make sure he doesn't accidentally go overboard. This should reassure Darzi more than anything else.

Then, go meditate on that that sword/dagger that the assassin tried to kill your brother with.
>>
>>44178853
>>44179028
Ooh, good point. Supportan'.
>>
Hey Soma...
Is all this shit about the gods and worship the "main quest"?
>>
>>44179028
double support
>>
>>44179068
Banished doesn't have a "main quest"
>>
>>44179016
>>44179005
>>44178997
>>44178969
>>44178966
>>44178939
>>44178918
>>44178935
>>44178899
>>44178897
>>44178906
>>44179047
>Reassure her that the slaves will be fine, sympathizing with her issues regarding torture.

>>44179038
>Send someone to observe the proceedings and make sure he doesn't go overboard.

>A scattering of votes for meditate or sleep.

Writin'

>>44179068
I wouldn't call it a quest, because there's no real goal. Like, what would be the completion condition?
However, you might call it a sort of "metaplot" on the small scale. This is pretty unique to Pidjata and the Pa'vala, the other various religions aren't experiencing this sort of upheaval.
>>
We've finished reading the Ritual Book of Surya, right? We could offer to sell/loan it to this guy. I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity and it'd win us some support with an emergent power in the direction we're headed anyway. Might even be enough to get free supplies and guidance for entering the Pa'vala proper.

Not like we're doing anything with it anyways.
>>
>>44178906
>>44178853

This one
>>
>>44179122
Not that anon, but I'd define main quest as the quest with the greatest impact on the world.
>>
>>44179213
In that case, the main quest was probably the dragon heart back in the mines.
Which we failed like bitches.
>>
>>44179122
We should probably tell Darzi what that box would have done to everyone at the party if the slave had managed to open it. I would hope that would give her a bit of perspective on why we need to torture these slaves to get the information we need.
>>
>>44179172
Yeah we could just take pictures of it with the sphere before we do
>>
>>44179249
Failure is such a strong word. I prefer "reorganized priorities" myself.
>>
>>44179277
When will this "torture gives reliable intel" meme end?
>>
>>44179539
Dunno. Bush did it, its got to be gud.
>>
>>44179539
When the players get fucked once and never ever do it again because of that one time

Pretty much how anything stope
>>
>>44179539
The intel doesn't doesn't have to be reliable actually we just need to get testimony from the slaves to prove the Demirs were trying to fuck with us.
>>
See if we were gud in nature we could just read minds and shit

But noooooo rather play in puddles and stretch and shit
>>
>>44179979
Mortia is grand master she could do it.
>>
>>44179979
So much shit, so little shit time.

Awww shit mang.
>>
>>44179122
Someone break out the ghetto ass "summoning Soma" rune.
>>
>>44180137
I'm trying to teach my sister synthetic division. Sorry folks.
>>
>>44180174
As opposed to 'natural' division?
>>
>>44180174
try explaining it in terms of the patriarchy
>>
>>44180253
Oh you.
>>
>>44180174
Tell her not to worry about, strong independent women dont need no math.
>>
>>44180174
You don't need to know math for a women's studies degree
>>
>>44180174
>implying you're not lezzing with her
>>
>>44180322
And you sure as hell don't need math to abduct your lower extremities to a 45 degree angle while assuming the position.
>>
>>44180361
>abduct your lower extremities
That's a terrifying typo.

>as you're walking down the street, three men in masks leap out of a van, jam a black hood over your balls, and drag them into the car before peeling out
>you are left confused, scared, and castrated on the side of the road
>>
>>44180555
Um.

To abduct in this sense means to separate your legs from a midline position in the sagittal plane as in being spread eagled.

It does not mean to kidnap.

Class dismissed.
>>
You nod to Fulvia, and she takes that as a sign she's free to leave. Before she heads for the floor of the palace assigned to you and your companions, she bows slightly to you and again to Darzi. “I will be in the room assigned to me if I am needed, toying with a project of mine.”

What project is she working on? It must be recent, because you don't recall her bringing anything with her.

Darzi starts to follow Fulvia down the hall, but you stop her with a hand placed lightly on her shoulder. She turns, arms coming to rest folded in front of her chest. Everything about her, from her posture to her expression, seems standoffish. You decide you'll approach this gently. “I understand that you don't agree with torture, I really do.” You keep your voice low, lest someone is loitering in the halls near-by. “But, you have to keep in mind what these people were willing to do.”

You reach into your cloak and extract the wooden box that Malika had given the human woman. “The girl, she was carrying this. Malika had sent her on a suicide mission to open this box amidst a crowd of nobles. Doing so would have ripped her soul out of her chest and destroyed it, along with the souls of anyone near-by. Leaving them husk of their former selves. They would have survived, but they'd be catatonic for the rest of their, hopefully short, lives.”

(1/3)
>>
Darzi seems swayed, but not convinced. “Why not simply tell them that, then? I doubt that either had any idea the lengths to which this Demir woman was willing to go, or that she'd sent either of them to their certain death. If we would just reason with them maybe torture wouldn't be necessary.”

Slipping the box back into your cloak, you consider her stance. She's not wrong, it's unlikely that the slaves knew what they were signing themselves up for, but you still somehow doubt simply reasoning with them would get the desired results. “That may well be true, Darzi. In fact you're probably right. However, they were still willing to carry out Malika's orders knowing that they would be ruining the lives of several people at the very least. The fact they asked so few questions is in and of itself worrying.”

You wrap an arm around her shoulders, walking with her down the hall towards the distant staircase up to the floor your party is housed on. “Imagine for a moment that it was I and not my brother who was the target of this assassination attempt. I know, you're thinking to yourself 'But Mik! Surely your nigh-godlike power would easily dispatched any would-be assassins!'. Well you're right, it would, but this is purely a hypothetical.”

Darzi pokes you sharply in the ribs. “That's not at all what I'm thinking and you know it. Actually I was thinking you're probably long overdue for an assassination attempt of some sort. We might want to prepare for that inevitability.”

You acquiesce. “Perhaps you're right, but regardless. Imagine that I have come within inches of death, and you had only barely managed to subdue the assassin in time. I am subdued, perhaps so deep in a trance I might never wake up. Would you treat the assassin kindly and try to reason with them? Would you wring out the name of their employer with a tea and snacks?”

(2/3)
>>
>>44180555
Penis theft is a serious crime that happens to many men each year. Please watch over your penis.
>>
With a reluctant sigh she shakes her head. “No, I suppose I wouldn't. I would probably do to them horrible, horrible things and I'd hate myself for it.”

You nod your head, triumphant. “Exactly, and my brother is almost certainly dearer to me than I am to you. Besides, that man my brother employs seems to be a professional. I trust he won't exert more force than is necessary.”

The two of you walk in contemplative silence the rest of the way up to the series of rooms your companions have been afforded. As you reach the floor in question, Darzi finally slips out from underneath your arm. “I'm sorry, Mik. I was overreacting. You're right, much as I dislike that fact. This needs to be done.”

>You're glad she came to see it your way. Wish her a good night and retire to your own rooms to meditate.
>You've spent the day drifting through the void and the spirit realm as a disembodied soul and then solving courtly intrigue. You've earned a good night's sleep.
>Write-in
>>
>>44180769
>You've spent the day drifting through the void and the spirit realm as a disembodied soul and then solving courtly intrigue. You've earned a good night's sleep.
>>
>>44180769
>Fuck her in the pussy.
>>
>>44180769
>>
>>44180769

Also, we could offer to heal that scar she got subduing the assassin at a later time. If she refuses, tease her about not knowing she was so into the Surya side of being a warrior, with all the scars and such.
>>
>>44180769
>Exactly, and my brother is almost certainly dearer to me than I am to you.

God damn it Mik. God damn you Soma.
>>
>>44180769
>Darzi finally slips out from underneath your arm.

oh. no.

Undeniable sexual tension. Awkward.

Go back to your room and scry the torture session a bit before meditating on the dagger/sword the assassin tried to kill your brother with.
>>
>>44180791
Geez Anon, she's not some human degenerate. You've gotta ask first.
>>
>>44180769

Invite her for some tea before going to sleep
>>
>>44180769
and then we wake up to the sight of Chrys staring at us.
>>
Trump is shit. You're shit for liking it.
>>
>>44180742
Why are the Darzi/Mik interactions so adorable?
>>
>>44180858
Trump a God you a heathen blashphaming.
>>
>>44180769
>>You're glad she came to see it your way. Wish her a good night and retire to your own rooms to meditate.
And ask if she wants us to take care of the scar
>>
>>44180858
I'm gonna vote for him just because he's gonna try to start the Fourth Reich.

Should make things interesting for awhile.
>>
>>44180769
>You're glad she came to see it your way. Wish her a good night and retire to your own rooms to meditate.
Well sleep when were dead.
>>
>>44180769
>>
>>44180769
>>44180920
>>44180799
Fuck it. Supporting.
>>
>>44180769
>>You've spent the day drifting through the void and the spirit realm as a disembodied soul and then solving courtly intrigue. You've earned a good night's sleep.
>>
>>44180928
I hope we gas the jews this time.
>>
>>44180769
>Meditate
>>
>>44180769
>>
>>44180966
>>44180942
>>44180841
>>44180834
>>44180799
>>44180793
>>44180785
>Sleep, god damn.

>>44180936
>>44180920
>>44181007
>>44181019
>It's time to GIT GUD

>>44180960
>>44180920
>>44180799
>Offer to heal her scar.

>>44180791
>>44180834
>Gibe de pusi b0ss

Writin' for sleep.
>>
Daily Reminder: If you don't make a move, Soma will eventually steal your waifu and give her to someone else.
>>
>>44181051
I'm here for shitposting, not waifus
>>
>>44181051
Nigga. We trying. Hence, the "offer to heal the scar" votes.

>>44181032
You are gonna put that offer in, right Soma?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1012 KB, 4282x5000) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1012 KB, 4282x5000
>>44180984
You're making a mistake anon
The gas only makes us stronger
>>
>>44181068
>Nigga. We trying. Hence, the "offer to heal the scar" votes.

I didn't see the post about the scar until the vote ended. Shame we should really offer to help with that.
>>
>>44181051
But we already have fireyandere waifu pregnant with our child.
>>
>>44181051
soma writes shitty waifus and I can't picture him writing enjoyable romance either
>>
>>44181149
>implying mik and darzi bantz aren't the cutest shit
>>
>>44181075
AWAY WITH YOU, REPTILIAN!
>>
>>44181149
Well I think part of it is that Soma doesn't want to write romance, he wants adventure, exploration, and spoopy shenanigans
>>
>>44181181
And shitposting
>>
>>44181075
Get in the oven.
>>
Damn. Got to hit the sack.

Don't do anything stupid anons.

baka. What am I thinking.
>>
>>44181351
>baka
That's enough reason to vote for stupid shit.
>>
>>44181385
wut?
>>
>>44181385
I detecting a bot.
>>
>>44181385
Are you high?
>>
>>44181385
>There is no conspiracy
The greatest con the devil ever ran was convincing the world he didn't exist.
>>
>>44181432
>>44181417
It's a bot.
>>
>>44181470
It's Martian Triggerman. He's autistic enough to make these posts manually.
>>
>>44181593
I refuse to believe anyone could be that autistic.
>>
>>44181838
I envy your naivety.
>>
You consider briefly inviting her into your rooms, perhaps to heal her scars or enjoy some tea. However, that might seem too forward and it is awfully late. Instead you bow, touching two fingers to your chest and forehead before you right yourself. She mimics your gesture, and you both make your excuses. “After today, I think I'll get some sleep. I don't think I've been this exhausted in quite some time.”

Darzi smiles weakly. “Pani knows you've earned it. You should try and take it easy, Mikhael. At least for as long as this whole 'Matha' thing last. When is the festival that's supposed to cap all this off?”

That's a good question, actually. “I think this will be my fourth day as Matha, so I've got four more, with the last day being mostly composed of religious ritual. I imagine we'll leave Nazir that night, or perhaps the day after.” You shrug your shoulders. Honestly you haven't given it much thought. “Sleep well, Darzi.”

With that you part ways, retreating to your own room and shutting the door firmly behind you. Too much happened today, you're still just trying to process it all. You wonder what your brother is doing with Malika, and if that priest really will ensure the slaves' survival through the night. Regardless, all that matters now is that in the other room there's a poster bed with a feather mattress and your name on it.

(1/2)
>>
>>44181856
Shitposter who shitposts in Spooky and /tg/.

>>44181838
He shitposted /wst/ to death. Search for the name "Martian Triggerman" on desustorage/4plebs.
>>
Stripped of your robes, you crawl into bed and wrap yourself tightly in the silken sheets. Your head sinks into the feather-stuffed pillows and finally, gratefully, you release your hold on consciousness. You're asleep almost as soon as you close your eyes, but unfortunately your dreams are far from peaceful.

Figures made of fire and ash loom out of the darkness, promising eternal torment lest you kill the boy Vicitra and return his soul to Surya. You see a skeletal figure reaching deep into your chest and grabbing hold of that shard of divinity which defines you as a person. He rips it out violently, leaving a hole in your chest where it once was, and vanishes an instant later. You see yourself strapped down as a man in a white mask runs a dagger along the flesh of your abdomen, drawing out your entrails with joyful reverence.

Then you wake, peacefully, to the sound of someone opening your door. Cracking open an eye reveals one of the slaves assigned to tend to you moving through the room, picking up your clothes and carefully folding them. Your dreams remain vivid, even as you shake the last few remnants of sleep from your thoughts. They want you to kill the boy. They demand that you kill the boy.

>Time for a timeskip! Jump to the last day in Nazir.
>Actually, you think you'll leave early.
>You need to talk to your brother first.
>Write-in
>>
>>44181913
>>
>>44181913
>>You need to talk to your brother first.
>>
>>44181385
Wait it is a person. He deleted his post.
>>
>>44181913
>Burn the boy
We need to purify our soul with his death.
>>
>>44181913
>ou need to talk to your brother first.
>>
>>44181958
B&. His posts in other threads went, too.
>>
>>44181913
>>Write-in
Go visit Vicitra. If it's you or him, you might have to consider your options and seeing what he's up to and talking to him might help you decide on a course of action.
>>
>>44181970
We should keep him as a second profectus. Fuck surya, let's start some bullshit religious war and go suck pani's tits and get divine protection from surya from the other gods
>>
>>44181913
>>
I think I'm gonna run out to grab food before I get too drunk. Maybe some coffee.
>>
>>44182062
>get divine protection from surya from the other gods
So we're visiting Dhatu's palace soon, right?
>>
>>44182118
Do you always get hammered on mondays?
>>
>>44181913
>>
>>44181913
Talk to the priest of Surya. Check on slaves and offer the carrot. Talk to your brother. Poison the noble womans soul and blame it on the box.
>>
>>44181913
>>Time for a timeskip! Jump to the last day in Nazir.
>>
>>44182142
> Somas Drinking

So, you're new to the quest?
>>
>>44181913
>>You need to talk to your brother first.
>>
>>44182142
>he doesn't know soma is a degenerate alcoholic
>>
>>44182585
Soma fucking elves is my fetish
>>
File: 9Bf9s2jVlU.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1104) Image search: [Google]
9Bf9s2jVlU.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1104
When will we acknowledge the splendor and love of Lord Surya and become his acolyte
>>
>>44182672
Dhatu > Surya
>>
No one else for this? Seems like a good plan... Who knows what that little slave fucker is doing with our gift of life? Is it worth divine retribution being sicked on us?
>>44182005
>>
>>44182683
Surya isn't a sleepy bitch.
>>
>>44182683
Dhatu = Surya >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pani>Other guys
>>
>>44182700
Yeap. Instead, he's a slave bitch with anger issues.
>>
>>44182700
Instead he's just a bitch. A BDSM bitch to be exact.
>>
>>44182719
>>44182721
Cause that fucking cunt Pani cheated

The fire will rise again
>>
>>44182757
>surya is dixie
>pani is the north
Kekusmaximus
>>
>>44182757
>Pani cheated
>implying you could possibly comprehend the infinitely vast divine sophistries of godly politics
>>
>>44182757
And he's a fucking kek, worst God
>>
>>44182814
>worst God
Pani still exists thats impossible

Plus he gave us magic fuck she ever do for us
>>
>>44182836
But she got them tits
>>
>>44182672
>implying the quest isn't going to end with us killing Surya and asserting dominance over the gods :^)
>>
>>44182878
>implying the quest isn't going end with us royally fucking up so hard that no amount of Vys expenditure will help us and leave Mik a soulless husk :^)
>>
>>44181913
>>
File: 1449938231946.png (213 KB, 600x393) Image search: [Google]
1449938231946.png
213 KB, 600x393
>>44182857
Anon...
>>
File: 1450008226474.gif (2 MB, 230x250) Image search: [Google]
1450008226474.gif
2 MB, 230x250
>>44182964
>>
>>44182857
Surya thought the same thing. Do you want to end up like the Kekold-God?
>>
>>44182964
Just because they're imitations of the real thing doesn't mean that they aren't good imitations
>>
File: Surya-Alt2.jpg (205 KB, 744x1200) Image search: [Google]
Surya-Alt2.jpg
205 KB, 744x1200
>>44183056
>Implying FemSurya doesn't have rockin' tits.

>>44182906
>>44182206
>>44182164
>>44181971
>>44181939
>Talk to bro

>>44181936
>>44182093
>>44182186
>Skip the time.

>>44182005
>>44181970
>Deal with the kid.

>>44182170
>Check up with the priest.

>>44182142
I'm only getting hammered on a Monday because I don't have a final tomorrow. In fact, I have nothing tomorrow.
>>
>>44183125
Fuck yo couch nyuggah
>>
File: Smug Shota.jpg (145 KB, 560x332) Image search: [Google]
Smug Shota.jpg
145 KB, 560x332
>>44183138
>>
>>44183217
>Reaction image from an incest doujin
CON
FUCKING
FIRMED
>>
>>44183239
How do you feel about your life for having recognized it?
>>
>>44183239
>recognizing a doujin that easily
KILL
YO
SELF
>>
>>44183239
what doujin?
>>
>>44183272
>>44183277
>>>/r/eddit
>>>/f/acebook
Fuck off normalfags.
>>
>>44183239
4chan making fun of you for being a pervert
Few have sunk so low
>>
>>44183125
I love how absolutely nobody is concerned that we let what is essentially the representative of a foreign power interrogate the slaves that are apparently going to be critical in dealing with the woman who tried to kill everyone.

That's cool bro.
>>
>>44183656
He's like employed by our brother

But good point I hadn't thought of that. I'm more concerned with killing Frankenstein and being bros with Surya
>>
>>44183682
>and being bros with Surya
You mean Dhatu.
>>
>>44183682
> Is literally not employed by our brother

> Is literally the representative of a cult that is seizing political power by uniting the desert tribes acting as an ambassador to our brother
>>
>>44183692
I thought it was Suryas messenger that was all like "gib soul"
>>
File: Thug Kitty.jpg (23 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
Thug Kitty.jpg
23 KB, 550x412
>>44183682
Surya wants either our soul or the kids.

Maybe we can make a replacement soul?

Anyways, we should probably talk to the Cat about how badly we done fucked up.
>>
>>44183705
Yeah but why would you want to be bros with him?
>>
>>44183656
The thought crossed my mind, but I decided I particularly care enough to point it out.
>>
>>44183721
Let's just give the kids soul i don't give a fuck about him and I know no one else does either.

Unless it's worth saving him for another follower/companion?

But yeah let's talk to the cat, I'm all for being more bro with him (I still want to get discipled)
>>
>>44183727
I think it might actually be nice to go down and talk to the slaves ourselves and see if we can do a little "interrogation" of our own by stripping and rebuilding their souls, and maybe casually point out that even Surya won't be able to fix that shit if we decide to make it permanent.

And then see what kind of information we get from them that might be different from what the priest got.

> ALL THESE FUCKING FLAGS ABOUT HOW THIS SHIT IS GOING TO BE IMPORTANT LATER ON WHEN WE GET BACK

Or maybe I'm just used to Auri's bullshit and Valen Quest.
>>
>>44183725
Why wouldnt you
>>
>>44183699
>implying we aren't gonna fuck the cult leader and make her one of our mistresses
>implying we won't become the actually leader of the cult while she becomes our figurehead
>implying we won't be ruling all the lands by end quest and fucking the surya backed dragons off while pani rubs her tits in our face
>>
>>44183725
Cause then we will be bros with a guy who's bros with a God

And real godly interaction in this world is rare enough to be highly coveted, the closest we've come is the child and so far as we know their last interaction with us was during the creation of our race
>>
File: 1448355388108.png (1 MB, 1447x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448355388108.png
1 MB, 1447x1080
>>44183752
>Let's just give the kids soul i don't give a fuck about him
>I still want to get discipled
>>
>>44183752
Honestly, half the reason I want to talk to him is to see his reaction. Fuck discipling up though.
>>
>>44183799
Hahaha it's not like that
>>
>>44183804
>Not wanting to explore what is objectively the most interesting thing about this quest
>>
>>44183844
Thank you
>>
>>44183844
Darzi is the most interesting object in this quest
>>
>>44183873
What's interesting about her is the fact that so many people obsess over a used up and broken object.
>>
>>44183873
Right below Chryssa you're right
>>
>>44183902
She's a babe and a badass she's been magically healed of rapewounds
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.