[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does having a geneseed defect cause you to have a rotten soul?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: Emprah.jpg (136 KB, 604x598) Image search: [Google]
Emprah.jpg
136 KB, 604x598
Well? Does it? Do geneseed defects cause an astartes to have a rotten soul? Also does the Emperor judge his astartes holiness based upon their geneseed purity or deeds?
>>
>>44172563
No it does not unless it leads them to xause hersey
>>
File: 3506418-6795989743-12244.jpg (102 KB, 620x485) Image search: [Google]
3506418-6795989743-12244.jpg
102 KB, 620x485
Having a geneseed is a corruption of the soul. They are pieces of the Warp stolen from the Chaos gods themselves just like the Emperor stole his powers from them. Why do you think Space Marines are so compatible with Chaos? They are a mockery of them.
>>
>>44172749
I hate this fluff. So much.
>>
>>44173474
HH is official fluff.

Perpetuals
Emperor being biggest hypocrite in galaxy
Russ being clinically retarded
Fedora Lord and his Euphoric Crusade
Cabal
>>
>>44173474
You not the only one buddy, worst retcon ever
>>
>>44173548
>Perpetuals
>Emperor being biggest hypocrite in galaxy
>Russ being clinically retarded
>Fedora Lord and his Euphoric Crusade
>Cabal

Yeah. Though I love several of the HH novels, most of them by Dan Abnett, overall I hate what they've done to the lore. Especially the existence of the perpetuals and the Emperor being an idiotic fedora. Why the hell is that even in there? What possible purpose does it serve? Arrguh.
>>
>>44172563
>Do geneseed defects cause an astartes to have a rotten soul
Seeing as geneseed has a major effect on the development of the body of an Astartes, including brain - yeah, it easily does that. Most of Initiates who got bad geneseed end up as mutated freakazoids, but if the taint is subtler he can develop further as a ticking time bomb of insanity and psychosis - a wonderful vessel for Chaos. Basically, flawed geneseed means fucked up development of body which means flawed mind which leads to flawed soul.

>dude you're talking about GENETIC defects while we meant like Warp corruption
They are one and the same thing. This doesn't mean that there is no spiritual Chaos corruption and only the genetic one or vice-versa. It's that they exist and are one and the same, one always implying another.
>>
>>44173781
Not necessarily there are mutants that worship the emperor instead of the chaos gods; mutation doesn't always mean chaos
>>
>>44174170
>mutation doesn't always mean chaos
Yes, as much as there is no such thing as a perfect Astartes - they are all imperfect and mutated to an nth degree. The point is - at some point these mutations stop being just a trademark of a marine or his Chapter/Founder Legion and become a burden on his sanity, slowly corroding his ideals and morals - something Astartes may or may not hold off until the Emperor claims his soul. BTW that's one of my favorite aspects of Imperial Cult among Astartes - being immortal and eternally bound by duty, every marine is doomed to eventually succumb to his imperfections and weaknesses and Fall under the weight of ages on his back, with valorous death in Emperor's service being the only functional escape from such fate. In this light, the Emperor acts as a personal Savior for every marine, as he provides them with the sole existing way to eventually leave the exhausting battle every Astartes perpetually fights against themselves without losing it. See Red Thirst/Mark of Wulfen for examples of walking the edge, when mutation contributes bith to a marine's individuality and insanity.
>>
>>44174601
How come Bjorn isn't batshit insane then? Or Dante? I know they're a bit fucked in the head to two of them but they're not raving chaos mutant lunatics.
>>
>>44175318
>to two of them
the two of them* Fuck me m80
>>
>>44175318
>How come Bjorn isn't batshit insane then? Or Dante?
Who says they aren't? It's been repeatedly shown that age has given them monopersonalities - they went insane in a way that allows them to remain things that they must symbolize for others, but they are no longer able to ever develop or change as people - they are as intellectually and emotionally mobile as a rock. In that way, they did not leave the battlefield, but turned it into an endless stalemate.
>>
>>44175833
Fucking poetic man... dat post made me feel dem feelz...
>>
>>44175869
You're welcome. The funny thing about 40k is - the easier and more ironically you take it, the more you see new depths and angles that make you wholeheartedly and honestly appreciate it and even get inspired.
>>
>>44172749
>stealing
>implying
this is cancer
>>
>>44175833
Deciding which chapter I like best is an endless stalemate
>>
File: 1443315898787.jpg (461 KB, 1114x1506) Image search: [Google]
1443315898787.jpg
461 KB, 1114x1506
>>44176485
>Plebbing: The Post
Do you even gain endless resolve through repentance over your ancestor's sins bruh?
>>
>>44176537
Lol my favourite chapter is a two horse race between imperial fists and dark angels sooo maybe haha
>>
>>44173548
I liked the way the primarchs were represented.
Most were just shitty people, which makes it easier to relate to, because most people are shitty.
>>
>>44177341
The emperor was a shitty person too, he wasn't a good father like pappa nurgle is, may daddy nurgle bless us all with his feces
>>
The Emperor will return.

Vect will fall and pancea is liberated

The Lord of Decay shall wither his power waned

An escape from decay and new life to a corpse

The dead shall return for the Final battle

Peace for 10,000 years
>>
>>44179236
>he wasn't a good father like pappa nurgle is, may daddy nurgle bless us all with his feces
Nurgle uses Isha as a tourist attraction.
>>
>>44172749
>>44173548
Nothing is set in stone. Eventually that will be retconned to get older fans back.
>>44173474
>>44173549
>>44173778
My brothers.
>>44179306
Somewhat this. Chaos is not all powerful. There is one thing more powerful than the Emperor and Chaos put together. Games Workshop's desire for you to shut up and buy more models.
>>
Hi, guy who just recently started to scratch the lore of 40k here, so the Cabal wants the chaos to win (because if the Imperium wins that's a big bad to any alien race that isn't human), are they doing anything to kill the Emperor? can't they travel in time and shit? can't they enter in the throne room? I guess is the most defended point in the whole galaxy, but I thought the Cabal had super tech and stuff, I mean, they can create perpetuals and time travel.
>>
>>44179382

There going to have the Imperium win.

Its simple and all set in place. When the Imperium get there hands on Pancea.

after this Nurgle will be weak enough for Isha to escape, she revives the Emperor and then helps bring forth yenned.

With three Powerful warp entities capable of contesting the Chaos Gods the Imperium is able to focus on the Tyrannid Invasion.

The Tau continue to grow on the eastern fringes unchecked, now becoming a super power as the Imperial fleet finishes off the nids and the Choas Remnants.

Forces shattered they begin to rebuild, the Imperium makes leaps and Bounds in technology since they dont have to worry about shit they make being possessed anymore, unable to muster the forces to now destroy the much bigger advanced Tau empire they enter a cold war.

Warhammer 50k, shit happens in the warp emps and the other 2 lost the war against the Chaos gods who can now roll into the Galaxy uncontested, Tau Empire breaks cold war and makes it Hot for the greater good, The thing the Nids were running from show up, which turns out to be super nids or some shit, Necrons are back again because why not.

And you? You have to buy shit tons of new models because all the old ones look completely different, use different guns and are from a fucking millennia ago.

No matter what happens, Gw wins because you fucks will buy it all.
>>
>>44179548
If the Imperium won we get the modern 40k. If Horus won he becomes the most powerful daemon prince, reality dies, but he finds his old self coming back and in a guilt fueled rampage he takes humanity with him in two generations. Chaos is weakened or possibly destroyed and if you're not human you'll be fine. And then all aliens can be horrible people and commit atrocities far worse than human in history has done because realistically aliens can do wrong to. But hey, no humans. Yep. It's not like aliens have done something wrong before.
>>
>>44179653
>If the Imperium won we get the modern 40k
Ironically most favourable situation for Chaos gods was that the Emperor "won".
>>
>>44179590
>after this Nurgle will be weak enough
The Pancea isn't going to destroy Nurgle. He's a god of despair. Disease is just his main method to cause disease. He loves giving you cancer that makes your genitals ooze out a puss that will form a daemon and murder you, but getting sick won't make him stronger. He has other ways to get despair, but the Pancea will just get rid of his despair through disease method save Nurgle's Rot.
>>
>>44179715
It doesn't matter. If Horus won reality gets destroyed. If Abaddon wins reality is destroyed. Doesn't matter to the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>44179717

What's the point of having a goddess of healing if you cant spread disease?

Its like hiring a hooker if you have no dick.
>>
File: Isha and Nurgle.png (79 KB, 654x454) Image search: [Google]
Isha and Nurgle.png
79 KB, 654x454
>>44179772
>What's the point of having a goddess of healing if you cant spread disease?
Nurgle uses her as tourist attraction and a test subject. Pic related.
>Its like hiring a hooker if you have no dick.
What is a strap-on?
>>
>>44172563
Definitely not always. Sometimes you just can't spit acid anymore.
>>
File: 1206418019806.jpg (150 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1206418019806.jpg
150 KB, 1280x1024
>>44172563
Yes.
Yes.
YES.
YES.
He doesn't.
He is a vegetable.
He judges no one.
He does nothing.
Purity in his eyes is less than worthless.
>>
>>44179717
>The Pancea isn't going to destroy Nurgle. He's a god of despair. Disease is just his main method to cause disease

How does that conflict with what the other guy said? He'll be weakened from losing his main source of power, the Eldar will feel it, and a bunch of Harlequins will bust her out.
>>
>>44180333
I misread it.
>Murder Clowns
They'll have a better chance than the Eldar who tried to free Isha.
>>
>>44180266
Filthy heretic
>>
>>44180266
You say that but those words are meaningless when Age of the Emperor becomes.
>>
>>44179590

I cant wait to rebuild my whole fucking army from scratch!
>>
>>44172563
Only the Space Wolves don't have a rotten soul
>>
>>44185160
The Space Wolves make up for it with rotten bodies instead.
>>
>>44185527
what does that even mean, really not sure what you are getting at

>>44173778
didn't read the HH, but how is Russ retarded, especially compared to his brothers?
>>
>>44185565
>Knocked out by the Emperor
>Knocked out by the Lion
>Outsmarted and outclassed by Angron
>Tricked by Horus
>Hypocritical about psykers
>Barely beat a grieving Magnus
You must've missed the last thread.
>>
>>44185605
Not that anon but

>KO'd by the emp
He'd KO anyone, and Russ was unarmored and hit with a power fist
>KO'd by the Lion
Sucker punch
>Outsmarted and outclassed by Angron
Even Lorgar told Angron he was fucked and Russ had him deat to rights
>Tricked by Horus
As was the entire Imperium
>Hypocritical about psykers
got me there, but the Rune Priests did know their limits and the dangers of the warp unlike Magnus who was naive as fuck about it
>Barely beat a grieving Magnus
Bro, he broke his back over his knee and was about to kill him before some warp fuckery transported Magnus away
>>
>>44185645
I think we fought the other night.
>>
>>44185763
It's been about 5 days since I got on. Been busy spreading the word of the Emperor.
>>
>>44185784
You missed a hell of a thread.
>>
>>44173778
How is he a fedora?
>>
>>44177341
>Most were just shitty people, which makes it easier to relate to, because most people are shitty.
They were not JUST shitty people. It's a very simple yet beautiful deconstruction - if you drop some ungodly imba kids into a situation that allows their rise to power as saviors of peoples via their supernatural abilities, then while they can indeed base their newly forming morality on some very nice and admirable ideals, it will still be overall very different from any ethics we mortal humans are used to. Never mind that being an unbeatable motherfucker who everyone gawks at made a shit out of any chance for them to mature and moderate their outlooks.

They were so uneatable that never learned to lose.
They were so idealized by everyone around them that they never learned to recognize that they DO have flaws. Fucktons of them.
They were so overtaken by their messianic role that they barely ever stopped to calmly reflect and question WTF are they doing.

Basically, they are the concept of Superman thrown under a bus, but being ran over and ruined makes it a lot more down to earth and relatable, and therefore awesome.
>>
>>44186750
Damn
>They were so unbeatable that they never learned to lose.
>>
>>44179382
>Nothing is set in stone. Eventually that will be retconned to get older fans back.
It'll get retconned but that won't be why, we'll just have a new set of inmates running the asylum that have their own fan theories they suddenly have the opportunity to make canon
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.