[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT elves that are no complete pussies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 40
File: 2753532-king+of+the+wild+hunt.jpg (114 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
2753532-king+of+the+wild+hunt.jpg
114 KB, 960x540
ITT elves that are no complete pussies
>>
File: Aloth.jpg (71 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
Aloth.jpg
71 KB, 210x330
>>44170968
>>
File: fingolfinvsmorgoth3.jpg (127 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
fingolfinvsmorgoth3.jpg
127 KB, 1280x800
>>44170968
Most named elves, really.
>>
>>44170968
"What is "a lot of fucking Elves in Tolkien?" Alex?

I mean, they had an incredible amount of arrogance and hubris at more than one point, but if they weren't dealing with what they had to deal with, Middle Earth would still be owned by Elves. None of the other races realistically would have gotten a chance.

As it is by the time most people are familiar with it is essentially the trail end of the Elvish Apocalypse. Their great cities and heroes are things of the far past, they have won, and lost mighty wars that shook the earth. They have wrought mighty works.

They have lost more than perhaps most anyone who exists in the Third Age can ever possibly hope to aspire to. If not in sheer coverage as Man might, in grace and subtly and beauty.

The cities and works they lost were sublime. As sublime as anything could be and not be in the Far West.

The enemy they fought was virtually the Demiurge by our parlance, and while they lost, they fought (and even wounded him) better than anyone could have. They lost, but you can't win against that, not really. Not if you aren't a God. And it took several of them and literal Ages for him to become weak enough to be confined against his will.
>>
File: 1449183852130.png (142 KB, 299x368) Image search: [Google]
1449183852130.png
142 KB, 299x368
>>
>>44170968
>Got his shit wrecked by a 100 year old guy with a sword.
>>
>>44170968
What elves are complete pussies?
>>
File: iorveth_by_saphira1994-d4untg4.png (1 MB, 1472x1080) Image search: [Google]
iorveth_by_saphira1994-d4untg4.png
1 MB, 1472x1080
>>
>>44171576
Calling the best magical powered genemod swordman alive with 80 years of experience in killing things just "a guy with a sword" is kinda a lie.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 250x170
>>44171042
Fuck you, fingolfin
>>
>>44171042
Is Morgoth going for an elbow drop?
>>
>>44170968
That's why Balkanized elves are best.
It also explains why they haven't conquered the rest of the world because they are fighting among each other.

I make my High Elves not!Greeks.
Wood elves as Southern Slavs.
And Drow are either not!Romanians, not!Turks or not!Commies.
>>
>>44170968
>>44170968

Take a note from the Silmarilion. There are elves there that literally make gods their bitches. Most were complete badasses that shaped the entire world, and had fucking huge character flaws that fucked up the world to make it what it is in the events of LOTR

Faenor, Fingolfin, Fingon, and Galadriel, and literally any of the sons of the Lords Of Noldor.

Faenor: Made the Silmarils, made several valar his personal bitch. Comitted genocide of the Teleri purely because their ships were in his way. He died because his entire army could not keep up with him, and he got surrounded by a large group of Balrogs.

Fingolfin: Faenor's half brother. He took over as King of Noldor when Faenor died, and took up Faenor's vow to fuck Morgoth(Sauron's lord) right the fuck up. He beseiged Morgoth's realm for 500 years straight, then eventually fought the LITERAL CREATOR OF EVIL ITSELF to a Standstill for several hours, ALONE, because his army was too cowardly to fight at his side. Naturally he's just an elf fighting a god, so eventually Morgoth got one hit on him, and insta-killed him with his S:D AP1.

Fingon: Not much, but he's the Dwarfiest Elf Evar. So much that when he met the dwarves, he thought, "DAMN, Dwarf Fortresses are awesome, I must have one of my own!", and so he buggered off from Fingolfin's campaign to make the best dwarf fortress ever.
>>
>>44171042
No character I can ever make will ever be as huge of a fucking badass as Fingolfin. RIP Fingolfin, your spirit will inspire us all for the rest of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aB6CPyO0Ww
>>
File: elf nope.png (103 KB, 373x259) Image search: [Google]
elf nope.png
103 KB, 373x259
>>44170968
Actually, the Aen Elle are keked as fuck. It's what they are. They are either herbivore hermits like Avellac'h or parasitic warmongers like the Crimson Riders. There's nothing in between. They have nothing of their own, either.

I have really wanted Iorveth in W3 just so he could explain to Eredin that the Aen Sidhe, morally questionable as they are themselves, are the race of elves that is going to live on, because they have something to protect yet.
>>
>>44170968

The Krampus' elves.
Fuckers were ready to storm the house the second they heard their friend in danger
>>
>>44170968

Pretty much every single elf that isn't from Japanese hentai or a parody.
>>
File: Iorveth-013.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Iorveth-013.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>44174115

> this is how I favored Foe: Humans

Also extremely relevant to the thread.
>>
File: 1379570278615.jpg (246 KB, 1200x672) Image search: [Google]
1379570278615.jpg
246 KB, 1200x672
>>44174132
Those elves were just creepy as fuck.

Also this guy.
>>
File: Elvaan.jpg (74 KB, 680x800) Image search: [Google]
Elvaan.jpg
74 KB, 680x800
>>
>>44174180
Or DF.
>>
File: tarentinosilmarillion.jpg (24 KB, 327x324) Image search: [Google]
tarentinosilmarillion.jpg
24 KB, 327x324
Feanor was just as badass as he was an idiot.
>>
>>44174002
Oh, I forgot about Galadriel

She's pretty much the last of the Line of Miriel to survive into the third age. Galadriel was the sister of Faenor and Fingolfin, and had personally witnessed the Silmarils in their original form, as well as being around for almost as long as the universe is old. She witnessed the genocide of the Teleri, and still knows of the beauty of Valinor.

She hasn't really done much as far as I know, but she and Gandalf are the oldest characters to appear in the LOTR Movies, and she's also still aflicted by the Curse of Noldor/Faenor's Curse/Faenor's Vow. So there's a very good chance that if someone knew to do so, they could force her to kill anyone they please simply by telling her that said person was protecting a Silmaril.

Of course, her story is kinda tragic. You see, when Faenor gave his Vow, she left with Fingolfin and the others from Valinor. The Valar told them that they were forevermore banished from Valinor, and could never again return until the Vow was absolved. Of course she didn't know that the Valar recanted their banishment of the Noldor, and welcomed those who crossed the western seas with open arms long ago.

So when the third age ended with the death of Sauron, she left middle earth on a deathseeking journey to Valinor, thinking that Noldor would end, and the silmarils might never again be recovered, because the valar would just have her killed when she showed up on their shores.
>>
>>44174376
>Of course, her story is kinda tragic. You see, when Faenor gave his Vow, she left with Fingolfin and the others from Valinor. The Valar told them that they were forevermore banished from Valinor, and could never again return until the Vow was absolved. Of course she didn't know that the Valar recanted their banishment of the Noldor, and welcomed those who crossed the western seas with open arms long ago.
I don't know about that. Gandalf being a Maiar and all, would've full-well known this when he came from the West, and likely told Galadriel about it.
>>
>>44174730
I never thought of that. That's.. An odd plot hole. If she knew about, then why stay in middle earth? If all she had time to do was brood in rivendel and hang out with her son and granddaughter, why not just sail off as soon as Gandalf tells her? I don't think gandalf would have told her at all, maybe he knew she was needed in middle earth.
>>
>>44170968
The average elf can kick an average humans ass anytime.
How about a thread about humans that are no complete pussies?
>>
Are pussy elves even common outside D&D anymore?

Back in the day Tolkien and Anderson had them as superhuman nordic motherfuckers who could go toe-to-toe with top-tier monsters. They only got nerfed back to human power levels with D&D so that there was some game balance between them and the other races.

Since then, they seem to have drifted back towards powerful as all fuck in most media with a healthy dose of being cruel, inhuman bastards (i.e. Anderson elves) for good measure.
>>
>>44174868
>I never thought of that. That's.. An odd plot hole. If she knew about, then why stay in middle earth? If all she had time to do was brood in rivendel and hang out with her son and granddaughter, why not just sail off as soon as Gandalf tells her? I don't think gandalf would have told her at all, maybe he knew she was needed in middle earth.
She'd never leave as long as Lothlorien could be maintained. Having her own realm was something that's very, very important to her.

It's hinted that the only thing that kept it from decaying was the power of her Ring, and that it lost power after Sauron's death, like the others.
>>
>>44174868

Too proud.

> "I am grieved in Middle-earth, for leaves fall and flowers fade that I have loved, so that the land of my dwelling is filled with regret that no Spring can redress."

>"How otherwise can it be for the Eldar, if they cling to Middle-earth?" said Celebrimbor. "Will you then pass over Sea?"

>"Nay," she said. "Angrod is gone, and Aegnor is gone, and Felagund is no more. Of Finarfin's children I am the last. 20 But my heart is still proud. What wrong did the golden house of Finarfin do that I should ask the pardon of the Valar, or be content with an isle in the sea whose native land was Aman the Blessed? Here I am mightier."

Not taking the One Ring when Frodo offered it got her the Valar's pardon without asking though.
>>
>>44175347
>"Nay," she said. "Angrod is gone, and Aegnor is gone, and Felagund is no more. Of Finarfin's children I am the last. 20 But my heart is still proud. What wrong did the golden house of Finarfin do that I should ask the pardon of the Valar, or be content with an isle in the sea whose native land was Aman the Blessed? Here I am mightier."

Holy shit that is the most profoundly prideful thing I've heard of. She literally just outright denies the genocide of the Teleri. WOW.
>>
>>44175453
Wasn't the point of her character to appear as a Big Good at first, and then you start figuring out that she's far more flawed than her appearance suggests?
>>
>>44175453
Technically, she's right. By the time Finarfin and his people arrived, the deed was pretty much done.
>>
>>44174115
Aen Sidhe were literally keked by the Average Human Cock. Literally. Their women fucked with them and begged their husbands to give them a little land.
>>
>>44175484
Yea, that's subtle. So subtle in fact that even I didn't catch that until otheranon pointed it out. Shit, I need to read the other books again now that I've read the Silmarilion.

There's already lots of stuff in the movies and books that you'll only catch on to if you know Elvish, inside jokes and references that are placed in plain sight.
>>
File: THE TULK.jpg (146 KB, 570x807) Image search: [Google]
THE TULK.jpg
146 KB, 570x807
>>44173974
are you ready for TULKAS-MANIA!!!!!!!
>>
>>44175503

Yep. Galadriel's sin was never the genocide of the Teleri or siding with Fëanor, but her own pride and desire to rule Middle-Earth.

>Galadriel was the greatest of the Noldor, except Fëanor maybe, though she was wiser than he, and her wisdom increased with the long years... These two kinsfolk, the greatest of the Eldar of Valinor, were unfriends for ever.

> She was proud, strong, and selfwilled, as were all the descendants of Finwë save Finarfin; and like her brother Finrod, of all her kin the nearest to her heart, she had dreams of far lands and dominions that might be her own to order as she would without tutelage

>So it came to pass that when the light of Valinor failed, for ever as the Noldor thought, she joined the rebellion against the Valar who commanded them to stay; and once she had set foot upon that road of exile she would not relent, but rejected the last message of the Valar, and came under the Doom of Mandos. Even after the merciless assault upon the Teleri and the rape of their ships, though she fought fiercely against Fëanor in defence of her mother's kin, she did not turn back. Her pride was unwilling to return, a defeated suppliant for pardon; but now she burned with desire to follow Fëanor with her anger to whatever lands he might come, and to thwart him in all ways that she could. Pride still moved her when, at the end of the Elder Days after the final overthrow of Morgoth, she refused the pardon of the Valar for all who had fought against him, and remained in Middle-earth. It was not until two long ages more had passed, when at last all that she had desired in her youth came to her hand, the Ring of Power and the dominion of Middle-earth which she had dreamed, that her wisdom was full grown and she rejected it, and passing the last test departed from Middle-earth for ever.
>>
>>44174002
Fingon also barded it up when he made first contact with humans
>>
>>44173770
Don't you know? Martials can't do or have anything nice ever; you're either a caster or someone that can "just" swing a sword real hard regardless of level.
Enjoy your new edition.
>>
>>44175649
>as were all the descendants of Finwë save Finarfin
>because lo, finarfin was a complete pussy that even those faggy vanyar made fun of
>>
>>44175640
>Galadriel was the greatest of the Noldor, except Fëanor maybe
As much of a hardass as she is, she can never clench her ass as hard as faenor could. Faenor could clench his ass and hold a grudge so potently that it could ignite nuclear fusion.

>>44175836
Finarfin's a coward. He literally gave up as soon as he saw the ships burning, and went right the fuck back home.
>>
>>44174002
>>Faenor
>>Faenor
>>Faenor
>>Faenor
> OCD triggered
>>
>>44176058
Faenor faenor faenor. I will spell it as Faenor all I damn well please, and there is nothing you can do to stop me. It's just so much simpler to ignore the special characters at all.
>>
>>44175536
This is still better than the women being literally frigid/sterile/nonexistant, as is the case with Aen Elle.

One thing about the meta setting that always seemed weird to me was the notion that supernatural stuff would eventually be forgotten, in relation to the elves. There were far too many of Aen Sidhe to disappear, and their genes were significanty different than those of dwarves or gnomes. Low stature, sure, but thousand year lifespans and clearly inhuman skulls with no canine teeth don't just disappear in the genepool like that.
>>
>>44176131

His actual name is Curufinwë Fëanáro, are you saying you want to misspell the Noldorin equivalent of Joe?
>>
>>44176288
I'm gonna call him Joë from now on.
>>
>>44176131
There's two funny things here.

First is, his name is Fëanor, so ignoring the umlaut it is still wrong.

Second, is, Faenor is the root word in sindarin language side that his name is based on. (On quenya side, it is Fëanáro.)
>>
>>44174132
>Krampus
Is that a horror or a comedy or both?
I couldn't tell from the advert
>>
>>44170968
Hmmm on that note what does tg think about Link?
>>
>>44176398
Who?
>>
>>44176341
I'm still going to spell it as Faenor, because it's easier to just ignore the umlaut. You already know who it is if I spell it as Faenor. It's the same as me writing Pedin i pith in aniron, a nin u cheniathog. Ego mibo orch.
>>
>>44176422
The elf from the Legend of Zelda n all
>>
>>44176343
mostly both
>>
>>44176398
Try not to think about Link too much after exposing myself to a certain doujin.
>>
File: 1430609207309.jpg (119 KB, 957x835) Image search: [Google]
1430609207309.jpg
119 KB, 957x835
>>44174002
Best part of the Silmarilion in my part wasn't anything to do with the elves, it was the creation of the dwarves.

One of the angels/lesser gods is tired of waiting for life to develop on its own so he weaves the dwarves into being, only for god to instantly appear and call him on his hubris for creating something outside of the divine plan since without the power of god himself its not life just a mere shadow of it.

The dwarves aren't sentient they're mere servitors that ape their master and reflect his feelings back at him, they're not alive.
He breaks down weeping and begs forgiveness, he didn't do it out of arrogance but out of the kind of feelings that causes children to act like their parents, wanting them to be proud of them.
So he raises his hammer, to destroy his mockery only for them to cower away in fear.

God basically realized he only did it out of love, not pride and gives the dwarves true life despite it not being part of his plan because exceptions need to be made and what kind of god would punish an entire race for the unwitting mistake of its creator?

It's a great little story of an honestly compassionate god, love it.
>>
>>44176530
ShindoL?

God I wish he'd write some more sweet stuff rather than what he writes right now, since when he does vanilla its fantastic.
>>
>>44176637
Eru also realizes the dwarves are sentient because they cower in fear when Aulë raises his hammer to destroy them. If they were mere automatons they wouldn't react at that.
>>
>>44171042
>fingolfin
>blonde
>>
>>44176758

They cower because he made them sentient at that moment.
>>
>>44176758
They cower because they were granted s-
>>44176782
What this guy says.
>>
>>44175078
>superhuman nordic motherfuckers

What about the Elves are Nordic aside from the fact that real world elves are derived from Nordic myth?
>>
>>44176637
>Illuvatar
>like yaweh if yawhe wasnt a prick
>>
>>44175893
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN IN TERMS OF READIENESS FOR TULK-MANIA?
>>
>>44177511
Tulkas go back to sleep we aren't fighting Melkor yet. Wait a few more centuries.
>>
>>44176439
But even without the umlaut it would be Feanor. Not Faenor.
>>
>>44170968
Pic related
>>
>>44177808
Oh, that legitimately is my mistake, and I won't be making that any further. Feanor, whoops. I'm greeting the keyboard with my desk at this point.
>>
>>44174240

Hellboy is amazing in general, best Elves, best Elder-Gods in cinema.
>>
>>44176873
They tend to ape the Aryan ideal but with pointy ears
>>
File: 0003.png (3 MB, 2102x3029) Image search: [Google]
0003.png
3 MB, 2102x3029
>>44176530
Wait are you meaning this one?
>>
File: 5465880-1432898870.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5465880-1432898870.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
I always felt like Imlerith was more badass than Eredin, even if he wasn't necessarily actually as powerful.
>>
>>44181947
That could have only been hotter if it had ended with vore
>>
File: tumblr_npba4gmP7T1tyyhvoo1_1280.png (149 KB, 832x576) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npba4gmP7T1tyyhvoo1_1280.png
149 KB, 832x576
King Sylzumin wrestled and strangled a mountain lion to death. I can't fucking wait for the players to try to depose him, as they claimed they would. He's gonna wrastle their shit to pieces.
>>
File: email.jpg (45 KB, 550x320) Image search: [Google]
email.jpg
45 KB, 550x320
>>44182609
>>
>>44182733
Da Hooch is the best.
>>
>>44182733
Such an eloquent and fine gentleman.
>tfw you will never eat a cake baked by Shindol
>>
File: 1449660532273.jpg (566 KB, 650x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449660532273.jpg
566 KB, 650x1080
>"generic fantasy" elves
>a civilization so ancient and advanced, they should by all reason be top dogs of the setting, even without considering their superhuman abilities
>but usually they have no inherent desire to expand their territory, so it's just one forest you have to stay away from, and elves don't matter outside of that
>even as they know they're dying off, they remain isolated and stagnant
>>
>>44183078

super-hero comics are shit-tier
>>
File: ok.png (24 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
24 KB, 500x260
>>44183130
They are? Wow, I almost read one and deluded myself into believing it was fun! I won't be making that mistake ever again!
Thank goodness you're here to save us from the tyranny of false fun!
>>
File: Ninhongo.jpg (93 KB, 1845x314) Image search: [Google]
Ninhongo.jpg
93 KB, 1845x314
>>44183164

If you're going to be a pedantic bitch, then post the proper translation.
>>
>>44174002
Valar aren't gods. Tolkien's mythos are written as a prequel/alternative Catholic world, with Melkor/Morgoth playing the role of Satan/Lucifer. The rest of the Valar are Arch Angels who stayed loyal, and Maiar like Gandalf are lesser angels.
>>
>>44183202

>Literalism = bestest

LITERALLY the worst meme to infect scanlations
>>
>>44176637
Don't forget how the Dwarves will also play a part in shaping the new world, which is a pretty big fucking honor.
>>
>>44183289
Not who you are responding to but I speak Japanese and used to live there.

That So? or Really? is an accurate translation.
OK is just lazy or wrong.

Fuck off with your bullshit scanlation high horse.
>>
>>44183279
>The rest of the Valar are Arch Angels
Several real life cultures have mythology with multiple tiers of godhood coexisting, where the named angels, demons and djinn of the Abrahamic canon would totally qualify. The idea that a god is necessarily omni-everything is a massive True Scotsman.
>>
>>44183279
while its right that Eru mirrors catholic god the Valar are much closer to him in derivation than I've ever seen angels described as, and they are much more elemental and fundamental to the physical universe. unlike the abrahamic god, Eru never seems to embody himself and dwell within the universe, though his influence and knowledge pervade it. In genesis god walks around and does stuff, and even in later books he shouts lessons at people, or forgets to mind the israelites for a while while busy with other things. Eru might cause gollum to slip, and he does sink numenor, but he does this all from a literally immeasurable distance, sitting beyond Ea
>>
>>44170995
Underrated post

Aloth a best
>>
File: Vivec_God.png (820 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Vivec_God.png
820 KB, 600x1000
>>
>ctrl+f 'glorfindel'
>no results

the elf who tackled a balrog doesn't get a run here?
>>
Drizzt. I mean, he's an OP Autistic-Sue but he definitely isn't a bitch. A whiny emo cunt yes but he will cut you up.
>>
File: 20090930.png (79 KB, 585x223) Image search: [Google]
20090930.png
79 KB, 585x223
>>44175797
>Martials
>Geralt
>>
>>44182318
Killing him was extremely satisfying, the igni to the face was a very nice touch.
>>
File: 1450155029440.png (41 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
1450155029440.png
41 KB, 500x260
>>44183202
>>
>>44182987
Shindol's a chick
>>
>>44183449
except "ok" works way better here.
>>
>>44184250

Not in the least.
>>
>>44184282
it does.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (88 KB, 1600x1022) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
88 KB, 1600x1022
>>44181947

Goddammit, image search is broken. Where can I find this?
>>
>>44184282
It absolutely does.

That so? expresses interest by it's nature, and doesn't really fit into the scene, what with him having absolutely zero interest in what's going on.
>>
>>44184520
Use the other searches off of iqdb. But Pig and Shindol will get you there.
>>
>>44184601
>Pig and Shindol

*tips hat* Thank you muchly.
>>
>>44184663
Well if you like some defilement in your porn,well good for you. Just still feels wrong reading that again.
>>
>>44184963

Not that hat-tipping degenerate redditor scum, but I am pleased to say my dick did not even twitch reading that shlock.
>>
File: ok.png (199 KB, 335x414) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
199 KB, 335x414
>>44183202
>>
>>44184123
Bullshit, he's a dude for sure.
>>
>>44185081
It looked so good too.
>>
>>44178340
Hellboy is fantastic. I have a bunch of the comics on my shelf, shame that the either the binding sucks, or the thick glossy pages are too much for it.
>>
>>44183449
That So? or Really? is an accurate translation.
OK is just lazy or wrong.

Maybe from what the literal dictionary definition is, however from a conceptual/contextual/connotation standpoint "okay" works better... actually "k" would work even better. It's meant to be [what you say when you sarcastically don't really give a shit, and probably weren't even listening] and in english, when you say "is that so" sarcastically, it comes of with a lot more energy than is appropriate for Saitama in that situation.

It was the equivalent of the baddie sending a mile-long text about his philosophy. What's a better "drop the mic 'cause I don't give a fuck and you're so beneath me that I wasn't 100% paying attention" moment? texting back "is that so?" or "k"

Literal translation=/=contextual-conceptual translation.
>>
>>44183828
Yes he is.Deal.
>>
>>44176637
What about the part where if Aule ever stops thinking about them they all die
>>
>>44177448
Illuvatar gave literally no fucks about what was happening on Arda.
Until the point he actually once gave a single fuck and Numenor drowned.
He was kinda dick
>>
>Not posting the 2nd bravest elf in fiction
Shame on you /tg/
>>
>>44183590
He's only half pussy and the other half is dick
>>
>>44176164
Distill beer a thousand times and you get water.
>>
>>44176343
It's like Gremlins. A PG-13 horror.

Kinda weird kind of film to see today. They generally don't make films like it now.
>>
>>44190061
This. Wanted to post my dude Aenarion.
>>
>>44190061
God yes Aenarion was such a badass. I remember when I was a kid, still fresh off LotR and the like, and I read the history of WHFB's elves for the first time. I thought Aenarion and his whole tale was the coolest shit ever.

His son gets props for being the best villain in WHFB.
>>
>>44176343
It has funny parts but its also pretty damn creepy at points.
>>
>>44188141
I'm not sure where you got that idea, but I'm pretty sure that's not something Tolkien ever wrote.
>>
File: 1442684625869.jpg (35 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1442684625869.jpg
35 KB, 360x480
>>44171042
>mfw that's my desktop

Why is John Howe is so based?
>>
>>44181947
>>44182609
This one DOESN'T end in vore? Oh lords...
Wait, it's still snuff, isn't it?
>>
>>44191722
End's with Link getting his/her head crushed by Ganon for being a slut
>>
>>44185420
Well, if you really want to miss the subtext about Saitama trying to be polite like a good Japanese man always should (hence he asks a question instead of just saying 'k') but failing completely because he's so utterly uninterested, sure go ahead. But trying to translate something contextually when you don't understand the context can lead to problems as well.
>>
File: 1348010305345.jpg (49 KB, 634x965) Image search: [Google]
1348010305345.jpg
49 KB, 634x965
>>44191785
Damn. Oh well. Thanks for the heads-up
>>
>>44170968
Something must be wrong- I haven't been able to find Legolas in this thread at all!
>>
>>44177730
I wonder how Tulkas feels about the fact that Turin is destined to be his killstealer?
>>
>>44174087
>THE FATE OF US ALL
>LIES DEEP IN THE DARK
>WHEN TIME STANDS STILL
>AT THE IRON HILL
GOD DAMN
>>
File: 1305592297023.jpg (182 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1305592297023.jpg
182 KB, 640x960
Badass elves, is it? I've got a few of those.
>>
File: Glorfindel vs Balrog.jpg (301 KB, 1319x990) Image search: [Google]
Glorfindel vs Balrog.jpg
301 KB, 1319x990
>>44194645
>>
File: dmitrii-kaliasin-blue-forest.jpg (495 KB, 1920x886) Image search: [Google]
dmitrii-kaliasin-blue-forest.jpg
495 KB, 1920x886
>>44194645

You said badass and gave us Drizzt's little sister.
>>
File: 1405968537185.jpg (148 KB, 649x960) Image search: [Google]
1405968537185.jpg
148 KB, 649x960
>>44194674
>>
File: 1405967529610.jpg (747 KB, 620x857) Image search: [Google]
1405967529610.jpg
747 KB, 620x857
>>44194682
Enlighten me to the definition, in that case.
>>
File: 1404881532933.jpg (795 KB, 934x1248) Image search: [Google]
1404881532933.jpg
795 KB, 934x1248
>>44194760
>>
File: hg4hVuu.jpg (2 MB, 2800x2100) Image search: [Google]
hg4hVuu.jpg
2 MB, 2800x2100
>>44194797

Not sure if this one counts as elves at this point, to be honest.
>>
File: morathi.jpg (2 MB, 3508x1840) Image search: [Google]
morathi.jpg
2 MB, 3508x1840
Best elf ever.
>>
File: 54836.jpg (41 KB, 347x500) Image search: [Google]
54836.jpg
41 KB, 347x500
>>44195018
>>
File: Morathi-MagaliVilleneuve.jpg (68 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
Morathi-MagaliVilleneuve.jpg
68 KB, 500x682
>>44195035
>>
>>
>>44194252
FOLLOW THE BLIND
FOLLOW FOREVER.
>>
>>44171099
So your point is the whole "Elves are pussies" thing is grounded in stubborn and deliberate ignorance?

No way! =D

I think there's an element of dogged self-loathing as well as at the core of the classic Fa/tg/uy Inferiority Complex. They hate Elves because they hate anything they think is better than they are or ever was or ever could be.

(they really should hate Dwarves, too, except that Dwarves are just Other enough to be acceptable -and they usually hate Elves as well. Not that a Dwarf would want anything to do with a fa/tg/uy.)

Elves are everything they don't have the courage to aspire to or the wisdom to accept and ignore. It's every girl they want throw down and beat bloody. It's every piece of art they want to burn because it "makes" them feel inferior for not having exceeded it. It the ocean that's indifferent to their florid victimhood and the endless blue sky that offers them to chance to lose themselves for a while.

Fuck grace. Fuck wisdom. Fuck experience. Fuck Elves.
>>
>>44194252
> LORD OF ALL NOLDOR
> A STAR IN THE NIGHT
> AND A BEARER OF HOPE
> HE RIDES INTO HIS GLORIOUS BATTLE ALONE
> FAREWELL TO THE VALIANT WARLORD
>>
>>44185136
Nah, it's pretty common knowledge she's a she. Just a weird pervo.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.